PDA

View Full Version : The insiders

starkiller210
1 June 2003, 02:29 PM
I know they were created by Han, wedge, leia and crew but how come they don't get mentioned much in the books that come after this one?

Cakhmaim
1 June 2003, 07:01 PM
If I remember right they are still around they just are not needed right now. After Cal Omas was elected they had the State behind them. So they didn't need them anymore. The "cell" still exists, I am sure, and will rise again if needed.

TDZKRAWKS
12 June 2003, 03:38 PM
Is "The Insiders" the name of the book? If not what is the name of the book?

Nova Spice
12 June 2003, 04:59 PM
I know they were created by Han, wedge, leia and crew but how come they don't get mentioned much in the books that come after this one?

Look for the "Insiders" to come more into play in the final NJO books. What Wedge established was meant to play a key role in the conclusion of the saga.

There really hasn't been a need to mention the "Insiders" status in the books afterward, due to the fact that Traitor dealt largely with Jacen's captivity, Destiny's Way dealt with the turning point of the war and the establishment of the Jedi Council, and the Force Heretic series has dealt deliberately with Zonama Sekot.

The loops will connect when it's all said and done; mark my words. ;)

Master Tryka
13 June 2003, 10:16 AM
The loops will connect when it's all said and done

Words are dually marked sir.

It will interesting to see how it plays out. I thought, when they got what looked like a friendly government in place, that the Insiders would fade from the forefront, as they wouldnt be necessary but, if things don't work out as well as they could and the members of the Insiders become dissatisfied with whats going on then you will see a resurgance of them.

Ardent
15 June 2003, 09:43 PM
There was like...three paragraphs dedicated to the creation of the Insiders, and it's all ex-Rebels, correct? That leaves a pretty thin herd to select from, frankly.

If it is used to tie up the saga, it'll be interesting to see HOW they affect the end of the saga. They're soldiers, right? They're already making their big contribution by FIGHTING.