PDA

View Full Version : contact with the Corperate Sector

cheshire
2 June 2003, 08:10 PM
I'm runnig a bounty hunter campaign currently, and one of the charcters is interested in a good non-leathal neutralizing weapon. I just so happen to know of a good one from the Corporate Sector: the rechargable stun grenade. I've looked at the stats for this thing, and it's got an availability of 4, only available on the planet of manufacture. What I would like to know is, how does such a weapon fall into the hands of some outer-rim-roaming bounty hunters? If they go to the Corperate Sector to get it, can they just roam into a weapons shop and get it? I have the Han Solo and the Corperate Sector Sourcebook, but (at least as far as I've read so far) it's not so helpful as to what to do when you have adventurers who want something from the CS, but aren't interested in staying for long.

Has anyone who has read the novels? Any suggestions?

Cakhmaim
2 June 2003, 09:08 PM
I would say since Bounty Hunters do not want to be caight in the Soperate Sector for long. They use the Black Market. There are extensions of it on every major system and the "Market" offers everything. So they can just get it off of there.

Reverend Strone
2 June 2003, 10:06 PM
Heheh- it could be fun if it ain't as easy as all that though. Maybe they meet a particularly eccentric dealer who doesn't really need the money, but needs a special job done instead- spurring the PC off on some kind of obscure errand in exchange for the weaponry?

Bjorn
6 June 2003, 12:55 PM
Great idea Reverend Strone. ;)

Cheshire, since you've got the old d6 Han Solo and the Corporate Secotr book, then there's a chance you've got one of the other book. In either then Criminal Organizations book or Bounty Hunters book (Both are Galaxy Guides, but I don't know their numbers), there's an organization who handles rare and exotic items, including weapons. You might want to try to use them. I don't have my books with me, or else I'd look the organization's name up for you. When I get home, I'll look it up and post it for you.

Bjorn

starkiller210
6 June 2003, 02:33 PM
I know there is a lot of information for the corporate sector in Tempest fued, but it is d20. I You want I can email it to you.

cheshire
7 June 2003, 09:53 AM
I would like any information that you could give me. My major concern is this: my players are going to be participating in the Corperate Sector, not (at least to their intentions) as employees, but at tourists. Hans Solo in the Corperate Sector Sourcebook (from here on as HSCSS) tells about life and administration fot he CS, but only barely mentions tourism. They make some mention of being required to transfer all of their script to CS currency, and having heavy permits for weapons and the like... but I'd like to follow some of that by the book, and if I can't find the information, I'll just wing it. I'd hate to think that I'd be contradicting something in the books, but I don't have that much time on my hands.

If you want to e-mail me something, go ahead and send it to my junk mail account. bandersnee@yahoo.com. Please put something like STAR WARS in the subject so I don't delete it. :) Much appreciated.

Oh, and I do have the Bounty Hunters and Criminal Organizations Galaxy Guides. Great stuff in both of them.