PDA

View Full Version : N-1

starkiller210
7 June 2003, 07:31 AM
Is it possible to get a N-1 roysl starfighter in the rebellion era (one of my friends wants to put x-wing s-foils on an N-1.)

Rogue Janson
7 June 2003, 07:43 AM
Possibly, but it's unlikely.

For starters the N-1 was produced specifically for the Naboo defence forces and wasn't, to my knowledge, ever exported anywhere. So there were only ever a small number of them.

By the time of the Rebellion era, they would have been out of production for quite a long time. I would presume the Naboo dispose of their weapons responsibly, so it's unlikely they'd find their way into other hands, and few people would want to maintain such an expensive fighter anyway. The most person to have one would be from some extremely rich collector and they'd be understandably unwilling to part with it (especially for such vandalism as putting S-foils on it).

I'm unaware of what happens to Naboo in later eras, I don't think anything's mentioned so it's likely to be still around. So the Naboo engineering corps might still be making fighters. The high elegant Naboo style would probably have declined with the rise of the Empire, but some fighters that keep some of the N-1's style might still be around.

TDZKRAWKS
11 June 2003, 09:14 AM
Ummm...What he said!

sebulba524
11 June 2003, 12:20 PM
I think the Naboo would keep them for their own defense, taking over the role of say, the Z-95 Headhunter in other systems. The Naboo would be willing to sell at that point. Just look at our military, we sold all sorts of old weapons to smaller nations over the years. In fact, you could probably find some WW2 era stuff still in use somewhere.

farr0095
11 June 2003, 01:29 PM
I think that WotC had some web-based and maybe Gamer based stories where pirates were trying to steal N-1s. Due to the hard efforts and sacrifices of the Naboo Royal Defense Force (or whomever that's supposed to be) the pirates were staved off. But that's not to say that it couldn't have happened, nor to say that it wouldn't be possible for someone to steal the designs and copy them. Another option would be to reverse engineer a stolen copy to then build the N-1.