PDA

View Full Version : Future of the Other Hostile Races of the Galaxy?

Darthspectre84
10 June 2003, 11:47 AM
I brought this up to discuss the other Evil and Hostile races of the Starwars Universe. Who am i talking about?

Well firstly there are the Yevetha....ok i know they gone "boom", but perhaps some survived. Cause we never know what happened to Nil Spaar after his ejection from the Star Destroyer in the Black Feelt crisis. Or it is possible that the YV Shaped them (which i made a beast with no stats but history in my head), into hunters.

And what of the Ssi Ruu, true they ahve enough problems right now....but would they survive the intergalaxtic invasion of the galaxy? If so then they may become quite nasty for the GA.

And anotehr race is the Charon.......the Death Cult that invdaed the galaxy with biotechnology and had ships similar to the YV. We know that one group (perhaps the last) were killed in the normal universe but we dont know.

The of course their are possible rogue factions of the Empire...sorry, former Empire. Like Moff Flennic cause it looks like once the YV threat is gone he will take revenge.

And finally i thought that the ST universe has never fully explored the Yevetha and Ssi Ruu, and used them to their full potential. Like what other capital ships do they have....or how far is their technology. Any illustrations of their ships? Like i could imagine the Ssi Ruu having gates that they made ineach of their systems to go into hyperspace at a faster rate. Not forgetting that the Ssi Ruu are pretty advanced....adn the Yevetha could modify and learn alot faster. So....thats the topic :)

Master Tryka
10 June 2003, 04:21 PM
Well as far as the Ssi Ruu go, you might want to pick up Force Heretic 2: Refugee to see what they've been up to.

ElfWord
10 June 2003, 04:31 PM
I don't think the Yevetha had any other capital ships, although it is possible. The Black Fleet crisis explored them pretty thoroughly though, and only ISDs and thrustships were mentioned as I recall. I get the feeling the NJO authors wanted it to be pretty clear the Yevethans had been wiped out. They're the kind that fight to the death, and I thing the Yuuzhan Vong commited mass genocide in the case of the Yevetha. If there were a few survivors, they won't be a threat to the galaxy at large anytime soon. It takes a while to reproduce enough people to even crew a thrustship, much less build enough of them to be a threat. Besides, after the YV invasion is over, its almost certain that the Koornacht cluster will be more fully mapped out and surveyed, no one's going to ignore that much habitable empty space.

Nova Spice
10 June 2003, 08:40 PM
Well it's evident to me that the Yevetha have met their timely demise; they can now be considered extinct. That was made readily evident in Force Heretic I: Remnant. I don't see them making return ever, much less in a few generations.

The Ssi-ruuk I see as being enslaved, ironically, by the Yuuzhan Vong. Force Heretic II: Refugee made it clear that the Vong have infiltrated the Flutie society and it seems that perhaps the Vong are actually fighting, or have been fighting, the Ssi-ruuk for some time. As mentioned in the Force Heretic series, it's been two years since communication has been established with portions of the galaxy (fall of Coruscant) and the fact remains that many species on the "left" half of the galaxy are probably engaged against the oppressive push of the Vong. The Ssi-ruuk I don't see as ever being a threat again and I think by the end of the NJO, their species will be wiped out as well.

Note: Look for more information to become apparent as the Galactic Alliance starts re-establishing communications. I wouldn't at all be surprised to find out the Cereans, Advozsec, Omwati, Sullustans, and Ewoks have been fighting and dying to the Vong for close to two years. After Coruscant fell, the New Republic scattered and obviously the Vong continued their push. It's very well possible that we'll see a Second Battle of Endor because of the proximity of the Vong to that world (i.e. they annihilated the Firrerro, which is only a few parsecs from Endor).

I foresee most of the aggressive races being whipped pretty good, if not utterly wiped out. ;)

Darthspectre84
11 June 2003, 02:59 AM
Yes i have red the first two of the FH trilogy :)
Personally i find it a shame that those hostile races never get a chance to bring terror to the galaxy again. Like the Yevetha were deadly cause of their xenophobia and that they learnt very fast. Hell, no wonder why the YV atatcked them straight away cause if they Yevetha learnt the YV before their destruction then they might have brought a bigger fight to the YV. Still it is possible through YV tech that the Yevetha might be Reborn...you never know.

Anotehr shame is what is happening to the Fluties.....when i red that book i was wondering where it was going cause there was hardly one YV battle with the GA. The Fluties worked so hard to rebuild their society (and advanced alot faster the before). I am surprised actually that the YV managed to pull of what he did....cause it is said that Fluties are sensitive to smell (in an extreme way) and i thought that YV tech cant really counter that.
Do you think that near the end of the NJO series that the Fluties help the GA or they die out and their slaves run things?

fury
11 June 2003, 06:40 AM
I don't know about you but as far as hostile species go, you might want to consider tossing the Bothans into that pile. They have on multiple occasions helped the demise of others along. Plus, I can see our buddy Nom Anor present as leader of a faction at a peace negotiation going, "Well, we could sign a treaty right now...if only you'd annihilate the one species that has threatened to make us extinct." I mean, how many other species are gonna stand in the way of that?

Darthspectre84
11 June 2003, 07:09 AM
True Tsavong Lah tried that....but the thing is that :bothan: are like...uhm not strong Hostiles. They are good in guerilla warfare and sneak attacks. And who over here honestly thinks that Nom Anor will keep the promise of peace? :)

Cause a number of Jedi will want to do this :sabersml: the :hutt: are not exactly happy either after all their entire criminal empire is in smokes. And the :rodian: are not happy either after all a large number of them ahve been Shaped to create attack beasts.

No, the YV are not going to havea good stay in the galaxy, and no matter what the Shamed Ones believe they will always be hated for what they are.

But tahts the thing aout the yevetha is that they hated their enemies, while Ssi Ruu just saw other races as beneath them and as a source for energy. Still....i wonder whatever happened to Nil Spaar?

Do you think its posisble though that in an RPG ca[actiy that people can revive these races...i mean not resurrect the dead i mean like we know the Ssi Ruu fought the Chiss so we could see that. And perhaps some other stuff brought into life by RPG?

CaamasiJedi49
12 June 2003, 04:06 AM
Nil Spaar, my friends, won't EVER come back. At the end of the Black Fleet Crisis Trilogue, he was tossed out into hyperspace in an escape pod by the former imperial slaves. He will never come back since:

1) Hyperspace is so vast that it is nearly impossible to find a fast moving object in it.
2) He probably died in a week or two because, if my memory serves me right, escape pods have minimum provisions.

So there you have it. Nil Spaar is no more. Sorry to burst your bubble, but after weeks of seeing people ask this and have no one answer, I had to speak up.

Caamasi Jedi49:plokoon:

Tramp
1 July 2003, 12:34 PM
Actually, he wasn't even tossed out in an escape pod. He was thrown out the airlock. He was dead within seconds. Spacing someone, especially in hyperspace, is a nasty way to kill him.

Darthspectre84
2 July 2003, 03:46 AM
The poor guy :) hehe true he was one nasty guy but still....
What of Admiral Ivipikkis? of the Ssi Ruu...i dont think they ever showed him again after the Bakura Incident...

CaamasiJedi49
3 July 2003, 06:00 AM
That I don;t now, since most info on the Ssi Ruuk in general is scetchy at best. I'm guessing he is fine and well, but that is my opinion.

Caamasi Jedi49:plokoon: