PDA

View Full Version : The YV galaxy and the Promised land

Darthspectre84
11 June 2003, 07:30 AM
Ok i made this for speculations on the YV home galaxy and so stuff about the GA's galaxy.I was thinking that what if the YV have been lied to (again) that they did not leave their home galaxy cause the promise of another land but they left from a greater threat. Or if not then there might still be YV left in the galaxy. Do you think they might prepare a second wave? Like intergalactic warfare.

And we have all heard of a possible Second Eye of Palpatine. Do you think it make a appearance.

And my last part, do you think they might make a comic where some YV fight the Old Repbulic. And i mean scouts not space battles but a one on one fight?

TDZKRAWKS
11 June 2003, 09:13 AM
GA galaxy? I know YV equals Yuzaan Vong (or how ever u spell it) but what does GA stand for all i can come up w/is grand admiral. Secondly, are you a GM in swrpg? if not do u even play swrpg?

wolverine
11 June 2003, 12:27 PM
Galactic alliance.

Kanner Ra'an
11 June 2003, 02:24 PM
i think the chances of any of those happening are next to none. I dont beleve we will see any other extra galactic invaders for a long time, at least thats what i hope. It will ruin one of the big reasons the vong are unique, which by the way means i also hope that they arn't "opened'' up to the force.
Second eye of palpatine most likly isn't going to occur either. I think that was just for the one book.
And i really dont think and i dont want to see a comic were the Vong fight the old republic. They have enough to throw at the flashlight swingers with the clone wars. I would like to see more short stories and such concerning the Vong, but based in the NJO era.

Nova Spice
11 June 2003, 02:30 PM
Ok i made this for speculations on the YV home galaxy and so stuff about the GA's galaxy.I was thinking that what if the YV have been lied to (again) that they did not leave their home galaxy cause the promise of another land but they left from a greater threat. Or if not then there might still be YV left in the galaxy. Do you think they might prepare a second wave? Like intergalactic warfare.

According to my notes, the second wave of Vong came a long time ago. ;)

First Wave-Scouts (encountered at Zonama Sekot and Bimmiel)
Second Wave-Praetorite Vong (encountered during Vector Prime)
Third Wave-Shedao Shai's Flotilla (encountered in the DT series)
Fourth Wave-Tsavong Lah's Flotillas (encountered since AoC)
Fifth Wave-Lord Shimrra's Flotillas (encountered since DW)

So, in essence I don't think the Vong left "their" galaxy because of a "greater" threat. Hardly, I doubt anything could pose that much of a threat to their existence. They ruined their worlds and thus bought into Shimrra's garbage about a "vision of another galaxy that the gods had given to the Yuuzhan Vong."

And we have all heard of a possible Second Eye of Palpatine. Do you think it make a appearance.

Will never happen for two reasons:

1. Most Star Wars reader have voiced loudly their disdain with "another superweapon of the week" plot.
2. It would have no bearing on the storyline due to the fact that there would be no "Imperial warlord" to run it or a "secret mission to annihilate a planet." With no purpose, the "Second Eye of Palpatine" wouldn't make a good plot; heck, the first Eye of Palpatine didn't make for a good story. :D

And my last part, do you think they might make a comic where some YV fight the Old Repbulic. And i mean scouts not space battles but a one on one fight?

Maybe, though I'm not sure it would be very interesting. The Vong, during their scouting of the galaxy, were bent on quick and decisive missions, well hidden from the eyes of the Republic. If they ever did skirmish with any Republic scouts, it would have been brief and would not have lasted long. Not a very good read IMO.

wolverine
11 June 2003, 09:58 PM
I actually disagree there. I think the First eye was a good example of why you Never put AI on a ship...

Darthspectre84
12 June 2003, 02:55 AM
LOL :) intersting points all of you have made. Well then all the wuestions are naswered or if anyone want to put speculations in.

I like Nova Spice's version of the invasion fleets :) nciely put out...never thought of i that way.

TDZKRAWKS
23 June 2003, 01:55 PM
Galactic Alliance, ok, makes sense

Nova Spice
23 June 2003, 06:35 PM
I like Nova Spice's version of the invasion fleets nciely put out...never thought of i that way

Appreciate it. :D

I actually think that it's entirely possible that the Vong showed up even earlier in galactic history. Though I spose there would have to actually be more pre-Naboo EU for that to be proven. ;)

Cakhmaim
28 June 2003, 06:06 AM
Will never happen for two reasons:
1. Most Star Wars reader have voiced loudly their disdain with "another superweapon of the week" plot.
2. It would have no bearing on the storyline due to the fact that there would be no "Imperial warlord" to run it or a "secret mission to annihilate a planet." With no purpose, the "Second Eye of Palpatine" wouldn't make a good plot; heck, the first Eye of Palpatine didn't make for a good story.

Ah but here you are wrong. .;) There is a another superweapon ready to be used, and there is someone wanting to use it.

ALPHA RED

Alpha Red is just as much a super weapon as any Death Star, Eye of Palpatine, or Sun Crusher. In fact it is a more ruthless death than any of the others. The others you die and don't even know what hits you, but with Alpha Red they have an allegic reaction and than die very miserably. the question is now wether or not the New Republic will bring themselves to the level of Ysane Isard. Ah but the moral justifications of using Alpha Red are discussed in a different theard, so I will leave it there

Nova Spice
28 June 2003, 08:50 AM
Ah but here you are wrong. . There is a another superweapon ready to be used, and there is someone wanting to use it.

Actually, I wouldn't classify Alpha Red as a superweapon. It would be a Weapon of Mass Destruction. It's a biological agent, not some super-duper ultra powerful space station or ship with a big green laser that blows things up.

Alpha Red is actually a new idea; it's fresh and it's not something that a proton torpedo can blow up either. ;)

Kanner Ra'an
28 June 2003, 10:42 AM
I actually liked the idea of Alpha Red. It took the NR/GA wich to us had seemed to be able to do what was best in the end and show us that when their backs are against the wall they can be as bad as the empire. Cool spin on things if you ask me.

Cakhmaim
29 June 2003, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Nova Spice

Actually, I wouldn't classify Alpha Red as a superweapon. It would be a Weapon of Mass Destruction. It's a biological agent, not some super-duper ultra powerful space station or ship with a big green laser that blows things up.

Alpha Red is actually a new idea; it's fresh and it's not something that a proton torpedo can blow up either. ;)

But it was taken out just as easily as a Death Star. One Jedi gave his life to stop it, and he didn't even need to make a trench run. ;) .:ds1:

The Sun Crusher was very small, and is still out there because it was never destroyed, yet this probably the worst superweapon the Empire made. This shows us it is not the size of a wepon that makes it super but the capibilities.

As for it being new I would have to disagree. Yes this paticular agent is new, but biological weapons have been used long before this time. In fact they were out lawed by the Old Republic because of the Mass Destruction they cause. That is why everyone was outraged when Ysane Isard used them.

Size is not what makes something a superweapon. It is the size of destruction that makes it a superweapon. Alpha Red would be the most devastating superweapon ever used. It wouldn't just take out a planet or solar system, no it would take out an entire galaxy. Mutating as it goes who knows what else will be effected. So maybe it is not a superweapon, maybe it is some super-duper ultra powerful superweapon, that it would make anyone wish they could stop it with a torp.:rolleyes:

Darthspectre84
29 June 2003, 12:35 PM
i find it the that Suncrusher was the most terrible weapon the Empire ever made. Cause it was small and it could destroy an entire system. And it was destroyed in the Maw....or was lost there at best.

Actaully one of the first weapons of mass destruction in SW were Mass Drivers, asteroids launched at high speeds to devastate a planet. this was used before shields were made. And Ysanne Isards plan was not to kill the whoel alien population with the Krytos virus, she made it so that the NR would be busy. Nothing more nothing less.

Cakhmaim
29 June 2003, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Darthspectre84
i find it the that Suncrusher was the most terrible weapon the Empire ever made. Cause it was small and it could destroy an entire system. And it was destroyed in the Maw....or was lost there at best.

Actaully one of the first weapons of mass destruction in SW were Mass Drivers, asteroids launched at high speeds to devastate a planet. this was used before shields were made. And Ysanne Isards plan was not to kill the whoel alien population with the Krytos virus, she made it so that the NR would be busy. Nothing more nothing less.

The Suncrusher was thrown into the middle of a gas giant out of reach by anyone. Even though it is out of reach it was not destroyed.;)

Thank you for helping me prove my point about Alpha Red. Ysane Isard didn't even want to kill of entire spieces, she just wanted to bankrupt the NR. Yet everyone thought she was cold, cruel and murderous tyrannt. Alpha Red on the other hand is suppose to wipe an entire spieces across the galaxy. So considering how people viewed those who merely blew up a planet, star, or made millions sick(many did die, I know), Alpha Red could be considered nothing short of the biggest and largest superweapon ever to be made.

Darthspectre84
30 June 2003, 04:34 AM
Especially if it mutated....and no bio-weapon in the past was ever used on such a scale. Unless you count the Confedracy of Independent Systems in the Clone Wars era. Cause they used a bio-weapon to kill of the Gungans of the Naboo moon. But that is for another forum but even that was not used on an entire species who owned more then half the galaxy :) i would find the YV's evil one so far was the one they used on Ithor....that one was plain nasty

As for the Suncrusher....i thought it went down in the Maw cause Kyp brought it out of Yavin and used it on a terror spree. And Han calmed him down and they used it to stop the prototype Deathstar (how many of those damnt hings are there?:P )

Speaking of superweapons.....i personally liked the nice old World Devastators. Those powerful factories :D

Cakhmaim
30 June 2003, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by Darthspectre84

As for the Suncrusher....i thought it went down in the Maw cause Kyp brought it out of Yavin and used it on a terror spree. And Han calmed him down and they used it to stop the prototype Deathstar (how many of those damnt hings are there?:P )

Speaking of superweapons.....i personally liked the nice old World Devastators. Those powerful factories :D

The Suncrusher did go dwon in the Maw. I misplaced the two. Thanks for brining that to my attention. There is only one(as if that is not enough) suncrusher).

Darthspectre84
30 June 2003, 01:54 PM
Hey no problem :) i was abit confused at first....actually there is only one other weapon i think that compared to the Suncrusher. It was the Sith weapon that destroyed Ossus. Did'nt it rip a several stars apart or something?

Vanger Chevane
30 June 2003, 02:20 PM
That was the first time.

Kyp Durron, under the influence of Exar Kun's Sith Spirit recovered it from the Yavin Gas Giant & torched the Carida system with it. He also tore the memories (and possibly the ability) to make another from Qwi Xux's mind.

After he was stopped by Master Skywalker & Han Solo, it was decided that the Sun Crusher was simply too dangerous and dumped into one of the Maw Cluster's black holes.

wolverine
30 June 2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Cakhmaim

The Suncrusher was thrown into the middle of a gas giant out of reach by anyone. Even though it is out of reach it was not destroyed.;)

Thank you for helping me prove my point about Alpha Red. Ysane Isard didn't even want to kill of entire spieces, she just wanted to bankrupt the NR. Yet everyone thought she was cold, cruel and murderous tyrannt. Alpha Red on the other hand is suppose to wipe an entire spieces across the galaxy. So considering how people viewed those who merely blew up a planet, star, or made millions sick(many did die, I know), Alpha Red could be considered nothing short of the biggest and largest superweapon ever to be made.

Very true... It was put into the gas giant Yavin's core. BUT kyp, using Exar Kun's powers to augument his own retreaved it, and that is when he put Luke into that 'coma of sorts'. He then went onto destroy several imperial systems, and came really close to shooting down Han. It was finally destroyed when Kyp played tag with the Death star prototype in the Maw installation, and went over the event horizon of one of the black holes.. If you fully re-read the Jedi academy, you will note this...

wolverine
30 June 2003, 03:57 PM
Damn. Someone beat me to it...

Cakhmaim
30 June 2003, 07:39 PM
Yeah Darthspectre84 said something and I went back and checked on it, and corrected myself. Besdies blowing up the Nebula and Cardia, I cannot remember Kyp firing the suncrusher.

Darthspectre84
1 July 2003, 04:10 AM
Yeah your right, it was just the nebulae and Carida. Its just amazing what a ship the size of a starfighter can do ;) .

And yeah it would seem both Wolverine and Vanger Chevane have just said the same thing :D

Cakhmaim
1 July 2003, 05:43 AM
Every other time he didn't have to fire it. All he had to do was run it through ships. Why waste the ammo when your ship can tear through everything else?! Oh and thank you(all who did) reminding me of the order of things with the suncrusher.

Corwin
8 July 2003, 05:34 PM
About the idea of the Old Republic encountering a YV scouting party.
Iíve always thought that would be a particularly interesting adventure to run. Especially if Iím playing with people who havenít read the NJO books :D

I think the Rise of the Empire era would be to early though. It might be better as a Rebellion era game. On that note, when was the earliest contact with the YV anyway?

Darthspectre84
9 July 2003, 03:46 AM
well it is known that the YV have been scouting sicne as old as the days in the Old Republic. So i assume they were there watching the Clone Wars as well. NO sure how far back in the Old Republic though.....might even be in the Sith War.

But any secenes shown with YV must be in very small numbers....like 1 YV :) cause to spy they would have to be isolated..so no one knows how amny they are..And they wont be pure warriors. They will probably be members of the Intendent Castes.....possible the Priest caste. Cause the Intendent Elite Praetorite army invaded before the real one so...

AzmoDanakar
9 July 2003, 02:03 PM
Yes there was a sith superweapon that ripped the cores form the Cron Cluster, this casued the destruction of Ossus and several systems. Aleema unleashed it and the destruction that followed. This was in the Old Republic ( approx 4000 years before ANH ). It is detailed in the Tales of the Jedi comics. I will look it up when I get home.

Corwin
11 July 2003, 12:35 AM
The adventure I had in mind would take place some where very isolated in the outer rim or wild space. The PCs would come in to contact with no more then a dozen Vong scouts. I couple ideas that come to mind for a hook would be to strand the players planet side with the Vong and have then have to survive against the YV scouts (a few of which would be higher-level). It could be run some thing like the movie the Thing, or maybe like that recent episode of Enterprise with the Borg (which was similar sort of encounter).

Darthspectre84
11 July 2003, 09:03 AM
Well then the ships you encounter will be bigger then a skipper. They would be like small ships. And they would ahve to either win or there is no trace of any evidence of them being there.

Also they should not reveal who they are. Only a few YV but thats all. perhaps your characters meet a disguised YV and he talks about how them being infidels andthe cleaning of the galaxy will come soon. And have an over-sized coral skipepr fight your guys starfighters.

BUt what would be most interesting is the fact that you can have new YV creatures come in to attack your chars cause the YV would have to imploy creatures that die after a while so they arnt caught. And they would be different as well.

jediwookie
17 July 2003, 09:41 AM
First off, I agree with whoever it was that said that the Yuuzhan Vong just ruined their own galaxy. The Yuuzhan Vong are ruthless, and cold and every bad thing imaginable. They probably had been warring with each other since the beginning of time. They took over their own galaxy, and began to fight interclan wars is my idea. They used their own tactics against each other and eventually very little was left. They have way too many tricks to blowing up a planet in their sleeve. I'm sure that by the time they left their own galaxy, the planets were spread thin and even then covered with coralskipper "farms" or whatever weapons they grew there.

As for the Second Eye of Palpatine, I been outta the loop and didnt have the money to get the next few books so, I haven't heard anything about it.

The comic idea.....no. No scout parties mixin it up with the people of this galaxy. That would give them away if anybody escaped and then their little invasion wouldn't have worked.

One last thing I'd like to throw out there. Where is Boba Fett in all this..just something to think about.

Kanner Ra'an
17 July 2003, 11:09 AM
One last thing I'd like to throw out there. Where is Boba Fett in all this..just something to think about.

Two words: Retirement Home.

By the NJO he's 65. Now thats not that old, but hes had basically a lifetime of violence and a trip through sarlaccs belly. If that doesn't just basically screw up your bady nothing will. Boba Fett aint coming back.

Darthspectre84
17 July 2003, 12:24 PM
Poor Boba...

You suppose he goes to Kamino and clones himself a son :) hehe

jediwookie
17 July 2003, 12:32 PM
good point.....i spose i didnt realize just how old he was. never think about age catchin up with him i spose....