PDA

View Full Version : OOC: Echoes



Pages : [1] 2

Jedi_Staailis
11 June 2003, 05:01 PM
Thanks to dgswensen's two minute PM turn around time, I've been able to get this up a little bit earlier than planned. To keep things simple, we'll be switching over all preliminary discussion from the Trader's Infonet Post (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=144016#post144016) to this one. After the campaign starts, use the OOC thread for any significant out of character comments or questions. Basically, anything OOC besides die rolls and very brief remarks. This will help keep the IC thread readable.

The first IC post will be on Friday the 13th :P, and there are still spots open if anyone would like to join before then (or even into the weekend)!

The Ghost
12 June 2003, 03:07 AM
i'll kick off.

Who is who & what.

My Character: Aion Khonsu, Unknown Near-Human species.

character sheet(with image thanks to SWAG): http://www.geocities.com/amdavis@flash.net/d20/SW/Aion.Khonsu.html

Korpil
12 June 2003, 05:16 AM
Here is my character, I'm pretty sure I am forgetting something since I didn't had my books nearby when I finished the last touches, but here it is in at least a rough form:

Bakth Bidar: Male Mon Calamari Jedi Consular 8; Init +0; Defense 16 (+6 class); Spd 10 m; VP/WP 39/13; Atk +6/+1 melee (3d8/19-20, lightsaber) or +6/+1 ranged; SQ Breathe underwater, deflect (Defense +1, attack -4, extend defense and attack), increase lightsaber damage +1d8, low-light vision; SV Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +9; SZ M; FP 7; DSP 0; Rep +3; Str 10, Dex 10, Con 10, Int 16, Wis 16, Cha 13.
Equipment: Comlink, credit chip (750), Jedi utility belt, lightsaber.
Skills: Craft (lightsaber) +9, Diplomacy +9, Gather Information +9, Knowledge (Jedi Lore) +9, Sense Motive +6, Treat Injury +11. Force Skills: Empathy +16, Enhance Ability +13, Enhance Senses +16, Heal Another +16, Heal Self +13, Telepathy +8.
Feats: Exotic Weapon Proficiency (lightsaber), Force-Sensitive, Thoughness, Weapon Group Proficiencies (blaster pistols, simple weapons). Force Feats: Alter, Attuned, Aware, Compassion, Control, Dissipate Energy, Force Mastery, Sense.

Edited: Changed to 7 FPs, he has not recovered one yet.

Jedi_Staailis
12 June 2003, 07:35 PM
Korpil, you only have two Force Points listed, which could probably afford to be bumped up a bit. Ghost, you have four for your character. I assume that means the others were used up in getting to 8th level, so to speak?

I'm happy to announce that we've picked up a fourth player. Jamdo Hasyr will be playing a human Jedi Consular. Expect a character from him soon.

I'll post a and a link here once I get the IC thread going tomorrow.

Korpil
13 June 2003, 03:44 AM
I probably missed that... do Jedi gain FPs while they advance in level?

Jedi_Staailis
13 June 2003, 04:07 AM
do Jedi gain FPs while they advance in level?
One per level, with no upper limit on the total.

Korpil
13 June 2003, 04:12 AM
Ready, I edited the original post ;) I'm just including 7 FPs due that he has not recovered one yet from his previous assignment

The Ghost
13 June 2003, 04:23 AM
4 were spent during lightsabre construction. i don't like leaving that to fate so i make sure it's done right.

Jedi_Staailis
13 June 2003, 09:46 AM
And the IC Thread (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?threadid=12887) is up!

Korpil
13 June 2003, 09:52 AM
When can we start posting? Where are our characters now? :)

Jedi_Staailis
13 June 2003, 12:43 PM
You can start posting now. Your characters are the "knot of Jedi" on the pad (which wasn't made clear, I apologize. I had originally written it in second person, but went back and changed it). At this point, it's not much more than idle talk, but it's a chance to develop characters a little bit before things start picking up. This slower start should also help Consul Vido and Jamdo Hasyr since they're still working on stats.

Sorry for the confusion. :(

Consul Vido
16 June 2003, 07:20 AM
Hello everyone. I will be playing Myral Nubarri, the contemplative diplomat.

Myral Nubarri: Female Human Jedi Consular 8; Init +0 (Dex); Defense 16 (+6 class); Spd 10m; VP/WP 52/10; Atk +6/+1 melee (3d8-1/19-20, lightsaber*) or +6/+1 ranged; SQ Deflect (defense +1, attack -4, extend defense and attack), Healing; SV Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +10; Sz M; FP 2; DSP 0; Rep +3; Str 8, Dex 11, Con 10, Int 14, Wis 18, Cha 12.

Equipment: Jedi robes, Lightsaber*.
*Myral Nubarri has constructed her own lightsaber.

Skills: Bluff +5, Diplomacy +10, Knowledge (Jedi lore) +6, Listen +6, Read/Write Basic, Sense Motive +15, Speak Basic, Speak Cerean, Speak Durese, Spot +6.

Force Skills: Empathy +13, Enhance Ability +6, Enhance Senses +12, Farseeing +14, Force Defense +5, Force Stealth +5, Heal Another +8, Heal Self +7, Move Object +6, See Force +15, Telepathy +10.

Feats: Alertness, Exotic Weapon Proficiency (lightsaber), Force-Sensitive, Weapon group proficiencies (blaster pistols, simple weapons).

Force Feats: Alter, Aware, Compassion, Control, Force Mind, Knight Mind, Link.

(edited to remove used force points)

Jamdo Hasyr
16 June 2003, 11:43 AM
It's only fair if I post mine :-D

Looks like there will be a few consulars in this group...

Armand Pentalon: Male Human Jedi Consular 8; Init +0; Def 16 (+0 Dex, +6 Class); Spd 10m; VP/WP 45/10; Atk +6/+1 melee (1d3, punch), +6/+1 ranged (by weapon), +7/+2 melee * (3d8, crit 19-20, Lightsaber); SQ Deflect (Attack -4, Defense +1, Extend Defense and Attack), Healing, Increase Lightsaber damage +1d8, Jedi Knight; SV Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +9; SZ M; FP: 3; Rep: 5; Str 10, Dex 10, Con 10, Int 16, Wis 16, Cha 12.

Equipment: Comlink, lightsaber, robes
* Armand Pentalon has constructed his own lightsaber.

Skills: Bluff +9, Craft (lightsaber) +8, Diplomacy +14, Gather Information +12, Intimidate +11, Knowledge (Jedi lore) +7, Read/Write Basic, Sense Motive +12, Speak Basic, Speak Huttese, Speak Ryl

Force Skills: Affect Mind +5, Enhance Ability +11, Farseeing +7, Force Defense +11, Heal Self +6, Move Object +10, Telepathy +13

Feats: Exotic Weapon Proficiency (lightsaber), Force-Sensitive, Influence, Persuasive, Trustworthy, Weapons Group Proficiency (blaster pistols, simple weapons)

Force Feats: Alter, Burst of Speed, Control, Dissipate Energy, Force Mastery, Sense

Skreem
16 June 2003, 11:56 AM
Know that you wanted everyone in that was going to be by Friday, ubt figured I'd throw my hat this way if you would be open to another member? Anyway, let me know.

Korpil
16 June 2003, 12:03 PM
I'm not the GM but hey, welcome and also congrats for your first ever post! You were quite a lurker, huh?

Skreem
16 June 2003, 12:21 PM
hahaha yup - even lurker from before creating the account ;)
But I've been playing a tabletop game since the release of the OCR, and have lost all hope of joining another... newborns tend to take away a lot of free-time. Liked what I saw here, so here I am!

Thanks for the welcome!

Jedi_Staailis
16 June 2003, 12:49 PM
Know that you wanted everyone in that was going to be by Friday, ubt figured I'd throw my hat this way if you would be open to another member?
Sure! Since time is of the essence, here's what I'd prefer so as to avoid disrupting the game:
1) Work up a character concept and background mentally.
2) Make a post in the IC thread involving your character, so that character doesn't just appear out of thin air later on.
3) Figure out the rest of your stats and background later, and either post them in this thread, or send them to me via PM or email.

That way, we can get you into the game as quickly as possible, and avoid any story inconsistencies.

I'd also like to echo what Korpil said. Welcome to the boards! I too spend several months lurking before I actually bothered registering. My excuse is that I was just learning which topics belong in which forums. :rolleyes:

On another note, I'd like to talk a bit about how things are going so far. I'm very happy with the character backgrounds I've received, and I like the diversity of the character personalities evident even this early. So keep it up!

Also, while there hasn't been much of a chance for it so far, feel free to expand the story by adding in your own descriptions and "color." I'm going to point to a post Ardent made in a PbP I'm in (well, technically there's a hiatus at the moment) as a character. Ardent more or less invents a character for the Hutt's majordomo, and then proceeds to connect it to his character. It worked perfectly, because it adds a bit of flavor to the campaign, brings out the PCs personality a bit, and doesn't disrupt any major storylines (i.e. please don't add "The speeder chasing us crashes inexplicably" as descriptive text to your posts :) ). Link to Post (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=131911#post131911). Obviously, this sort of description isn't necessary, but if if you'd like to, I won't throw a fit. :)

One final remark before I end this excessively long post. If you have any criticism of my GM style, or if there's anything you would like to see changed at any point, please let me know, so I can fix it. Thanks!

Skreem
16 June 2003, 03:14 PM
... unfortunately I have a few ideas - but need to check my books which I won't have access to until I get home (silly me forgot to repack them for work). Anyway, I'll confirm my ideas and have a post tonight.

Jedi_Staailis
16 June 2003, 03:20 PM
No problem. I'll hold off my IC post until you get yours up, or until midnightish EST tonight (in case something comes up and you can't post).

Consul Vido
17 June 2003, 01:01 PM
Have we heard anything new as to whether or not Skreem will be joining us?

Jedi_Staailis
17 June 2003, 01:17 PM
I haven't heard anything from Skreem since the post yesterday. So it's a waiting game, for the time being. If we don't hear from him/her by this evening, I'll send a PM.

Skreem
17 June 2003, 02:09 PM
Sorry guys - had some system problems last night. Anyway, I've at least posted the quick intro in the IC thread, and am working on the full write-up.

Just a quicky - he's a JG in his late 30's early 40's (still deciding on that) - he was never really motivated to advance quickly, and had been taking a very methodical approach to his learning... never in a rush and always wanting to fully understand before moving to the next topic - some of the younger padawans and knights (if not most) thought of him as either weak in the force, or just challenged (maybe even handicapped) - his master and teachers knew better but did not force him. Then relatively recently he developed an urge to expand his knowledge and skills, and began rising quickly in ability and power.

Still need to work out some of the specifics - but you get the idea.

Jedi_Staailis
18 June 2003, 09:11 PM
A few notes, just to make sure everyone's on the same page.

First, this late night posting is killing me, since I have early classes in the morning. For the time being, I'm simply going to let it overflow slightly as need be. For example, I'll post my reply to the latest actions tomorrow morning rather than tonight, because we're still missing replies from Skreem and Jamdo Hasyr. In the future though, I'd like to try to make my posts somewhere between 7 and 11 PM EST. That would require all of you to post either consistently before or after this time period. The time from 7 to 11 would be a buffer. I should be able to post at any point during this time, so 7 to 11 will be both late and early. :) Is this something that all of you can easily accomodate, or should I keep looking for an alternate solution?

Second, we seem to have a slight entanglement of the timeline. Korpil's post mentions things his character is going to do in the free time before the banquet in addition to his direct response to Gemini (the mayor). Consul Vido and The Ghost have their characters head directly into a dialogue with the Gemini. For the time being, I'm going to go with the latter timeline. Korpil, I'll respond to your request to see the medical facility in a subsequent post, once the dialogue with the mayor is concluded.

Thanks everybody! Expect a post from me tomorrow morning at around 10 to 11AM. (I apologize in advance, Korpil, if this messes up your schedule. In my search to find the best time for my posts, I noticed you tend to make yours in the early morning.)

Korpil
19 June 2003, 04:37 AM
Every hour is ok by me, I'm able to post from 9 am to 5 pm EST, and I prefer to do it early in the morning as a response to what you posted the previous night.

About the time confusion, sorry!, I thought the exchange of questions would be brief, that's why I thought of moving forward in time... I'll wait for the conversation to be finished. :)

Jedi_Staailis
19 June 2003, 11:28 AM
Hauling Skreem's post over from the Trader's InfoNet thread...

My replies will more than likely come in the wee-hours for you (I'm PST and usually won't respond till after 10pm)... at least for the time being - as (if?) things settle down at the office, and as the game progresses I should be able to post something mid-day... and possibly late night for times where we want to move quickly.

You can feel free to stick with your late night posting. At some point this weekend, I'll try to shuffle things up so I'm posting before you (this can be done by your posting twice, or by not posting once.

On a side note, please use this thread for OOC discussion, so we can keep things in one place. Thanks!


About the time confusion, sorry!, I thought the exchange of questions would be brief, that's why I thought of moving forward in time...
To be honest, so did I, but they were intelligent questions, so I figured it'd be best to let that particular vein go for a post. Hopefully, I'll be able to direct things a little better in the future so that it's clear when I'm trying to get multiple responses in one post. That was my intent for the latest post, actually, so I went back and edited it to make it obvious. Korpil, don't worry about editing your post, I've already got the medical center action "queued up" for your character.

Jedi_Staailis
19 June 2003, 02:05 PM
Jamdo Hasyr, you can use a Gather Information check.

On the topic of checks in general, whenever you feel an action should involve a skill check, roll and place the result in an OOC block in your post. When you're writing it up, please use the following format:

[roll + BAB (if applicable) + ability mod + skill mod + misc mod = result]

That lets me do a better job of maintaining consistency and spot any rules issues. Plus, if I think you've used the wrong skill, I can simply use that roll with the correct skill (and let you know in my post, of course). If I think a skill check is in order and you haven't made one in your post, I'll just roll it for you.

Questions? Suggestions for improvements?

Jamdo Hasyr
19 June 2003, 02:10 PM
Okay, based on your guidelines, I guess you'll be making the Gather Info. check for me :P

Hope my +12 modifier is enough to find out some decent gossip from the local citizens.

Jedi_Staailis
19 June 2003, 08:09 PM
Okay, based on your guidelines, I guess you'll be making the Gather Info. check for me
I was originally thinking you could edit the post, but since you insist on my rolling with my "unlucky" dice, it will be arranged... :D

I won't be able to make a morning post tomorrow, but I should be able to come up with one by early afternoon. I get back at 1:30, then I have to write the thing, which means you should be getting it by 3:00 or so. Hopefully this doesn't cause too many troubles (from post times, it shouldn't affect anyone except Korpil, again, sorry!). I'll shuffle things this weekend and get into a better schedule.

Korpil
20 June 2003, 04:10 AM
I really didn't understand the rolling method, you want us to roll ourselves and detail how the modifiers were applied, or only to post our modifiers so you can roll and adjust it?

And it's ok by me! Don't worry about the schedule, as long as this game keeps moving I'll be glad!

Jedi_Staailis
20 June 2003, 12:34 PM
I really didn't understand the rolling method, you want us to roll ourselves and detail how the modifiers were applied, or only to post our modifiers so you can roll and adjust it?
The former. If you think an action should go with a skill roll, make a roll and then post the results. If I don't need the roll, I'll simply disregard the check. If you say, use the wrong skill, I will just use the roll you've already made, but correct the modifiers for the new check. If you don't make a check, and I end up thinking one needs to be made, I'll simply roll it. Of course, if you don't want to roll at all, I can handle all of dice and mechanics, but I've found that some players just like to roll dice from time to time, so I try to cater to that when possible. Am I making any more sense? :)

Jedi_Staailis
22 June 2003, 04:11 PM
Since I've been moving things along despite Skreem's absense, I thought I would just go over what my policy is on missing posts.


For absenses that I'm not warned about, I tend to just keep pushing things along despite the absense, and the character sort of falls into the background.
If you plan to not be able to post for a couple of days, please choose what your preference is for your character. The character can either sort of fade into the background, or you can have me or another player take over the character.
For longer absences, or during combat, the fade into the background option isn't really feasible, so please pick from the other two.


Anyway, I'm just getting that out so everyone knows what to expect if you can't post. Questions? Comments?

The Ghost
22 June 2003, 04:18 PM
just as forewarning: i will be out of town July 11-22nd. i'll post when i can but the end days specificly will be me on a plane.

Consul Vido
22 June 2003, 07:19 PM
I will be unavailable during the day on July 18-20. I can still post in the evenings, but during the day I will be attending a convention.

Skreem
22 June 2003, 10:23 PM
Sorry all - system fried on me. I'm running on an old hunk-a-junk now (pretty sad really). Anyway, I've got the full write-up on my character (since stats'n'skills are going to be important soon...)

Sotonn Daldolen: Male Human Jedi Guardian 8; Init +1; Defense 17/21 (+6 class, +1 Dex, +2 LS Defense, +2 Knights Defense); Spd 10m; VP/WP 72/14; Atk +8/+3 melee (+11/+6, 3d8/19-20, lightsaber*) or +9/+4 ranged; SQ deflect (Defense +1, attack -4, extend defense and attack), SV Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +5; SZ M; FP 7; DSP 0; Rep +2; Str 10, Dex 13, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 12, Cha 12.
Equipment: Comlink, credit chip (750), Jedi utility belt, lightsaber.
Skills: Balance +7, Computer Use +9, Craft (lightsaber) +7, Jump +7, Knowledge (Jedi Lore) +9, Knowledge (DarkSide Lore) +8.
Force Skills: Battlemind +7, Enhance Ability +15, Force Defense +9, Heal Self +11, Move Object +8, See Force +3.
Feats: Exotic Weapon Proficiency (lightsaber), Force-Sensitive, Weapon Group Proficiencies (blaster pistols, simple weapons), Dodge, Weapon Focus Lightsaber, Weapon Finesse, Combat Expertise.
Force Feats: Control, Sense, Lightsaber Defense, Alter, Knight Defense, Attuned.

The Ghost
23 June 2003, 02:47 AM
a few days of radio silence usually means a system failure. hope you get the other one fixed.

Jedi_Staailis
24 June 2003, 03:48 AM
Thanks for the update Skreem. I understand the frustration of a computer crash (as it seems to happen to me whenver I really need my computer).

Ghost, Consul Vido, thanks for the heads up. It looks like it won't disrupt the game too much.

I myself will be out of town this weekend, but I may be able to get a post up on Sunday, depending on when I get back. I will also be out of town on the weekend of July 4th, but I should be able to post Friday and Monday.

On the topic of recent posts, Ghost, I think you missed some of the content of my last IC post. When Gemini starts "interrogating," all of the Jedi are there (unless I made a mistake and you plan on fighting the guard), not just Armand. :)

The Ghost
24 June 2003, 07:07 AM
i was tired and just responding to the first part.

this shall be fixed now.

Jedi_Staailis
24 June 2003, 08:33 PM
I was hoping to get two IC posts in today, since everybody posted, but there was no way to pack all of that into my schedule. I'll have the next IC post tomorrow. I will, however, get through the OOC questions and such now.


i was tired and just responding to the first part.
Oops, sorry for jumping on that. I wanted to make sure you hadn't inadvertantly skimmed over an important sentence.


(OOC: Do we have anything that links us to the Republic or the Jedi Council at least?)
I checked up on your character writeups, and no one has a datapad as equipment, which could have been used to store the briefing the Jedi Council gave you. Same goes for flight orders. All of that stuff is on the ship.



Also, the question was asked earlier if we had any way of proving our selves as represantatives of the Council on this mission or anything... Any chance of any of us having any JedCreds? :D
Odds are, someone in the party knows a Corellian Jedi Master, so you can assume that at least one member of the party has a JedCred or two. However, all it would do was show some association with the Jedi. It wouldn't prove that you weren't rogue. (If you wish to use the JedCreds anyway, feel free to write that into your post. Until a player "claims them" by posting a description of their character with some, the ownership of the JedCreds will remain nebulous (and there could be multiple PCs with different JedCreds).)


(OOC: Jedi_Staailis, I have a question. Do we still have access to the old ship with the Republic military logo? If so, then I may have an idea.)
Maybe. There are a couple of issues with this plan. First, you'd have to get out of the town. It's possible the Clone Soldiers are scanning for life forms, which may make just leaving difficult. What's worse, their forces are at the entrance of the town you used, meaning you'd have to sneak past them (or fight them). And even if you get there, there's no guarantee that they haven't boarded the ship and moved it in your absence. A lot of ifs, but I won't rule it out.


(OOC: This is getting better!!!)
Glad to hear it! Things were a little slow early on. I had hoped to use that time to really set the scene and develop the characters, but the exectuion was clumsy (I more or less got the desired effect, it just took me way too long, and it was done in a boring manner). In any case, I'm really enjoying the game (and learning what not to do in PbP), primarily because of all of the interesting PCs. Thanks for giving a bored GM without a gaming group something to do! :D

Skreem
24 June 2003, 11:05 PM
Thanks for giving a player without a game a lot of fun :)

Looking forward to the next few posts (and I'll work on that history write-up, which I will PM you with first for confirmation).

Korpil
30 June 2003, 12:00 PM
Sorry everyone, I was out ot town, but I'm back... I'll also be unavailable from Friday to Sunday... but I'll be back Monday 7th.

Jedi_Staailis
30 June 2003, 12:37 PM
I'll also be gone over the weekend, from Saturday to Monday (though I may be able to get a posts in on Saturday morning and Monday evening).

The Ghost
30 June 2003, 12:51 PM
i have to go out of town tuesday night. i'll be back wednesday though. so i'll post in the morning tomorrow, and the evening wednesday. hopefully i won't need to have more than one post per day at that juncture.

Jedi_Staailis
1 July 2003, 08:58 PM
No IC post for today, because the only The Ghost replied to yesterday's post. I guess everybody has been busy. Next IC post from me will be tomorrow.

Jedi_Staailis
2 July 2003, 10:28 PM
Just a quick comment on Korpil's use of Hero's Guide rules. In short, they're fair game. I know both Korpil, and The Ghost have copies of the Hero's Guide and Power of the Jedi, since we opted to include that material way back in the "advertising" thread (we being The Ghost, Korpil, and myself: the only participants at the time... sorry everybody else ;)). I won't use it extensively, and will handle the mechanics behind the scenes as necessary.

As far as other books go, I don't own any others (aside from Secrets of Naboo, which isn't really useful at this point), so those will be decided on a case by case basis. The story really isn't about the mechanics, so I'm pretty flexible with regards to rules stuff.

Again, just trying to keep everybody in the loop so my decisions don't look completely random. :)

Korpil
3 July 2003, 03:51 AM
Well, that's why I posted the remark that you may disallow it if you want... I was just desperate to help in the current situation :)

Skreem
3 July 2003, 03:08 PM
I've looked over, but don't own the Heroes Guide... however I felt that almost everything in there was very well done. I didn't much care for Powers of the Jedi as far as rules/mechanics stuff goes... however I do own that - lotsa kewl historical tidbits in it.

On a side note - I wanted to be moving towards getting Agile Ripost as my next main feat... but I couldn't remember what the dang requirements were - could someone confirm them for me so I can make adjustments as needed? Thanks!

Also - will you require seperate training for the extended uses of all force abilities? (Maximize/Extend/etc) Or can everyone do them by default?

Korpil
3 July 2003, 05:09 PM
Requirements for Agile Riposte are Dex 13 and Dodge...

As for the Force Techniques, let me explain what are they... they are ways to dramatically improve your Force rolls but at the expense of increased Vitality points...

For example if you want to always treat your roll as if it was a 20, you pay four times the regular VPs you would expend.

Jedi_Staailis
3 July 2003, 07:57 PM
Also - will you require seperate training for the extended uses of all force abilities? (Maximize/Extend/etc) Or can everyone do them by default?
As far as I can tell, the official rules allow any Force using character to use them. And since you guys have enough other stuff to spent skill points on, I see no reason to change it. :) So yes, everyone can use them by default.

Also, Jamdo Hasyr will be away until the middle of the month, so I'll be running his character until then.

Jedi_Staailis
4 July 2003, 08:22 PM
Unfortunately, the preparations for my trip will prevent me from posting tonight. Then I'll be out of town all weekend, but I should be able to post Monday night. Sorry about that. :(

Jedi_Staailis
7 July 2003, 07:30 PM
Okay, I'm now back, but I got back a bit later than expected today, and am scrambling to catch up on missed schoolwork. So, no post for tonight, but I'll have one (a long one, which is why I opted to keep it for tomorrow so I can do it justice) for you tomorrow morning.

Apologies for saying I'd have a post for tonight and failing to deliver. Sometimes, real life can be a pain. :)

I don't plan to have too many more missed posts, although I may miss next weekend's post. July 28th through August 1st is finals week here, so don't expect any posts then either. Other than those, I don't see any posting gaps in the near future.

The Ghost
10 July 2003, 12:15 PM
vacation time for me.

i'll try to post, but it won't be definate.

you can let Aion fade into the background or NPC him as you see fit.

i know for certain the 4 days of the con, i won't be posting. so that's a thursday-sunday of next week.

Jedi_Staailis
11 July 2003, 08:56 PM
Out of town for the weekend. Back by Monday. Enjoy your weekends, everyone!

Jedi_Staailis
14 July 2003, 11:56 AM
A few real life issues just came up recently and I'm going to end up spending much of this week dealing with them, I suspect. My posting will be sporadic, if it happens at all. Sorry guys. That's what I get for trying to make a schedule of when I won't be able to post.

Skreem
14 July 2003, 11:57 PM
Don't worry about it oh GM-type dude. Real-life happens... good luck!

Korpil
15 July 2003, 08:59 AM
Don't worry about it oh GM-type dude

Isn't it GM-type "gal"? ;)

Consul Vido
15 July 2003, 09:33 AM
Hmmm... you know I never really thought about it. I guess I just assumed Jedi Staailis was a male. Argh, I'm subconsciously being sexist.:o

Jedi_Staailis
15 July 2003, 11:33 AM
Well, I have a bit of good news. Some of the stuff is getting cleared up, so I should be able to make another post tomorrow afternoon (if any of you are wondering how I find time to make all of these OOC posts but not IC ones, the answer is that it takes me way longer to write IC stuff, which has to be checked for continuity, plot development, mechanics consistency, etc.).

Actually, I am male. I'm not sure whether Korpil was trying to promote gender neutral language (which I try to do myself, but just looking over this thread's history, I haven't done a great job) or to suggest that I am female. If it's the latter, don't worry Korpil, it's not the first time that people have come to the wrong conclusion about my gender over the internet. The other times were a bit more spectacular, too, since one of them started to flirt (on a public game server) only to have me inform him that, in fact, I wasn't female. :D

Korpil
15 July 2003, 11:45 AM
God, now I feel embarrased! :o

I thought you were female... I'm probably confusing you with someone else, then! Oh God, now I feel bad :(

Skreem
15 July 2003, 03:17 PM
And as far as I go - I use dude interchangably :hansolo:
... so my circle of friends is a bit on the odd side, that's normal right?

Consul Vido
16 July 2003, 05:14 AM
Dictionary.com says "dude" is:

1. Informal. An Easterner or city person who vacations on a ranch in the West.
2. Informal. A man who is very fancy or sharp in dress and demeanor.
3. Slang.
a. A man; a fellow.
b. dudes Persons of either sex.

So, I guess it just depends on which definition you use.

Jedi_Staailis
18 July 2003, 10:59 AM
So, I'm typing the reply last night, and I'm most of the way through, and I try to go back to an earlier page of the thread to look up some information and I get a "Page Not Found" error. So there I sat with a mostly completed post, unable to actually post it until my internet came back up (which happened today). Needless to say, I was an unhappy GM. The reply is up now, and I thought I'd use this post to get a little feedback on how things are going.

First, what do you think of the tone? I'm trying to make it feel like Star Wars, but with a slightly darker, more forboding edge. I'm not a good writer, so I'm not sure if I'm going over the top in my attempt to convey this.

Second, how do you feel about the balance of combat and non-combat posts? So far, it has been swung a little farther toward non-combat than I want, because your characters made such short work of the attack gunship, but I'd like to hear where you want the balance.

Third, NPCs. Too much personality development? Too little? Both for Le-Alli and the minor NPCs.

As usual, any other suggestions or criticisms are welcome.


God, now I feel embarrased!
Don't worry about it. It's not the first time this has happened, and I would be very surprised if it's the last. :)



... so my circle of friends is a bit on the odd side, that's normal right?
You're asking a roleplayer, computer gamer, and an engineer. I'm definitely the wrong person to tell you what's normal. :D

Korpil
18 July 2003, 11:07 AM
Well, I'm enjoying this immensely, I don't exactly know where you get this that you are not a good writer! I can tell you for sure that I try to get the best of my roleplaying skills just to keep up with you!

I like the tone, as you said, it's darker but it's good because it reflects the uncertainty of the whole Clone Wars period.

I think the balance up to this point has been adequate and I like them both, probably just a little bit more of non-combat since the players on my group are all combat oriented and I'd like to try more of non-combat myself, but again that's my personal opinion :)

BTW I already posted what I wanted to do, but I'd like to know if I should wait until everyone posts in the initiative order?

Jedi_Staailis
18 July 2003, 11:22 AM
Thanks for the feedback! I'm having a great time with the game, even if it's proving to be a bit more time consuming than I had originally planned. On the bright side, that does mean I get to spend more time roleplaying. :)


BTW I already posted what I wanted to do, but I'd like to know if I should wait until everyone posts in the initiative order?
I thought about just going in order of posts, but that didn't seem very fair, and posting in order would likely slow the game to a crawl, so I'm going to try to take the requested actions and put them into inititive order. We'll see how it goes...

Skreem
18 July 2003, 05:11 PM
I think that your balance so far has been pretty good - both for persona's and combat. And if you consider this more "combat light", I can't wait for combat heavy :)


roleplayer, computer geek, engineer
That pretty much explains myself and my circle of friends - so you fit right in!

I'll be posting soon - just gotta double check my sheet and limits of skills and stuff.

Jedi_Staailis
20 July 2003, 10:48 PM
In response to the latest barrage of posts and questions...


I try an Enhance abilities check: roll+11(ranks)+2(bonus), I can't recall if this is a full-round action, if it is so, then the next turn I want to move forward to protect Le-Alli. I won't try to attack any creature, just to defend the best I can
Enhance abilities is an attack action, so Bakth was able to reach Le-Alli in this round. As it turns out, the creatures are not deterred by the presence of the Jedi and the lightsabers, and to defend Le-Alli, it was necessary to use those attacks of opportunity against the creatures. (Note that the three Jedi can't fully surround Le-Alli and block the Nnqueubss, so attacks of opportunity are about the best they can hope for.) Also, I assumed you wanted strength rather than dexterity, since strength affects lightsaber attack rolls.


I assume you forgot about it, but the force sensitive feat allows for a Wisdom check to avoid surprise - since it requires a 17+ for almost everyone, we can just assume that everyone failed that also.
Oops. You're right, I completely forgot. :( But yes, for the sake of keeping things consistent, assume that everyone failed that check. Sorry that I forgot the opportunity to give your characters a little more warning in this combat. I fudged a few rolls in your favor in an attempt to make up for the disadvantage. ;)


How big are these things? What do they look like?
They look like smallish lions (without manes) with larger heads and heavier claws. They weight about 120 kilograms. So they're reasonably large animals, but not enormous, just fast.

Rolls for the Round:
Sotonn: Move Object [18+8=26] -1VP
Myral: Knight Mind (as described in Consul Vido's IC post)
Bakth: Enhance Ability [3+13=16], -3VP, +2 Str

AoOs
Sotonn [1] (automatic miss)
Bakth [9+6+1=16, 14 damage]
Armand [12+7=19, 10 damage]

And we're back to Sotonn in the initative order. If you'd prefer, you can just post a general plan or a series of actions and I'll run through all of them in one post. If you'd prefer to do combat round by round, that's also okay, but it will probably take a little bit longer. :)

Skreem
21 July 2003, 12:56 AM
I'm good with either round-by-round... or multiple. Since as it stands now, I don't have anything spectacular planned for this combat... and unless someone made adjustments - noone has friendship! (which can't be used untrained! hahaha SIGH)

Anyway - as it stands now, Sotonn will fight defensively for round 2, providing aide to Le-Alli (as stated)... then in round 3, Ready Action to attack. Repeat until one of the creatures falls. Switch defensive and back away from the fallen creature. Then ready attacks again if they continue the run'n'gun

Oh - just realised in my IC post I forgot to include my dodge bonus which goes on the closest one to me.

Jedi_Staailis
22 July 2003, 08:10 PM
It's a bit lonely over in the IC thread. In the past couple of days, nobody posted except Skreem. I assume you all are just busy and not waiting for some feedback from me, right?

The Ghost
23 July 2003, 10:56 PM
back from my vacation.

Consul Vido
24 July 2003, 06:10 AM
Sorry about the absence, everyone. I went on vacation and caught a stomach virus over the weekend, so I've been somewhat preoccupied. Plus my e-mail notification is set to e-mail me at work, so since I wasn't at work, I didn't get any reminders, and with my memory being what it is... sigh. Well, hopefully I can get back into the swing of things now.

Jedi_Staailis
24 July 2003, 10:31 PM
Glad to see that everyone is back! Don't worry about absences. In general, you all are good about posting and if I don't see posts, I usually assume I've forgotten something.

Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to make a post tonight (er, technically this morning). I will have one Friday (a long one, which is why I opted not to attempt to cram it in tonight) and one this weekend, as usual. Then finals week begins. I may post a couple of times early in the week, but after that I'll probably make my next post on Friday night or Saturday sometime.

Below are the die rolls from yesterday's post:

First of all, you can't take 10 during combat, so Sotonn did have to make a Battlemind check. Making the roll didn't exactly hurt, though. :)

Sotonn: Battlemind [20+7=27] +4 to attack
Combat Expertise (rather than Fight Defensively): -2 attack, +2 defense
Aid Another [6+11(BAB)+4(Battlemind)+3(Myral's Knight Mind)-2(Combat Expertise=22] : Le-Alli +2 Defense
--Mereel hit the Nnqueubss, inflicting wound damage, and the creature failed the Fortitude save.--
Myral: Move Action only.
Bakth: Attack [16+6+3=25] 13 damage
Attack [18+1+3=22] 9 damage
Armand: Attack [17+7+3=27] 19 damage
Attack [2+7+3=12] Miss

--Nnqueubss Attacks Le-Alli--
Sotonn AoO: [3+11+4+3-2=19] 15 damage (Nnqueubss passes the Fortitude save)
Myral AoO: [17+6=23] 13 damage

Skreem
25 July 2003, 12:40 PM
Thanks for using Combat Expertise instead of defensive fighting... got my characters mixed up and forgot that I had taken that feat :) (not that it really mattered)

I'll keep in mind that you won't allow taking 10 during combat situations - I've heard differing views on this from differing GM's. Either way is fine by me.

Jedi_Staailis
29 July 2003, 01:53 PM
Finals week for me, so I won't be posting. My next post should be up Friday or Saturday, and will feature a substantially less stressed GM. :D

Skreem
29 July 2003, 04:55 PM
Good luck on them there nasty test like things!

Korpil
30 July 2003, 06:04 AM
I wish you good luck too, may your exams go smoothly so you can enjoy the rest of the summer!

Jedi_Staailis
2 August 2003, 10:56 PM
Thanks for the well wishes!

The exams did go fairly smoothly (as far as exams go), and I now have two weeks off before school starts again. Thanks for putting up with my weird schedule. :)

The Ghost
2 August 2003, 11:14 PM
now all i have to do is figure out how to get out of this mess. hmm

Jedi_Staailis
3 August 2003, 06:29 PM
now all i have to do is figure out how to get out of this mess. hmm
I was actually at a loss for a while about what to do with Aion. I didn't want him sitting in a cell being tortured for the rest of the adventure, but having him find a way to get out himself is terribly cliche and not very realistic. Having a rescue party bust him out is strongly deus ex machina (a literary term for when the story uses an unlikely, arbitrary method to get a character out of a mess). So I had the rescue partially fail, and stuck Aion with somebody who probably shouldn't have been on the rescue team to begin with. And it's even better that you get to think of a way out, rather than me! :D

From the IC thread:

((OOC: Am I correct in the assumption the Mereel makes that comment while still running/jogging/whatever? Not that she stops?))
Aside from the fact that Mereel is male, yes. :)

The Ghost
3 August 2003, 08:00 PM
oh i know i'm being a pain. but really, it was a good plan from his perspective.

Jedi_Staailis
3 August 2003, 08:24 PM
I agree completely, it does fit in with Aion's personality. And while it completely threw me for a loop at first, I'm enjoying this side jaunt. :)

Normally when I GM, I have a fairly good idea about what ways a trap can be escaped, but you all are better at coming up with solutions I hadn't anticipated than any group I've ever gamed with. It makes it fun waiting to see where the new posts are going to push the story.

Skreem
8 August 2003, 11:58 AM
So - I'm going to be out of town from the 10th - 14th, so my posting will be non-existent. I was hoping to have this scene resolved, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen before I leave.

I'll make sure to PM you (Staailis) with Sotonn's thoughts before I leave... here's hoping everyone else gets a post in today! :daala:

Jedi_Staailis
8 August 2003, 01:51 PM
Thanks for letting me know. There has been a bit of a post slowdown, so I assume The Ghost and Korpil have been busy. If I don't hear from them tonight or tomorrow morning, I'll just post and move things along.

The Ghost
8 August 2003, 10:10 PM
i'm just kind of mulling things over. no rush on my side of what's going on anyway.

Jedi_Staailis
12 August 2003, 10:44 PM
Instead of a post tonight, I'm going to ask a question. As I was writing the reply, I had planned on having the clonetroopers use grenades, with the idea that your characters would have to use Move Object to hurl them back into through the door before they blasted the tightly clustered group of Jedi. However, as I started to reread the rules for grenades, it seemed like, unless the characters had readied actions, the grenades would explode just after they landed. While the rules seem fairly clear cut, logic would say the Jedi, with their vaunted reflexes, should be able to push them back out.

So, I'm asking for an objective opinion (if you guys think the letter of the rules is right, I'll let you go back and add a few readied grenade push actions, so that the party isn't halved). What do you think the rule should be for this? I was thinking of letting characters use Move Object as a reaction to push the grenades away, at the cost of the usual move action, but I'm open to other ideas.

The Ghost
13 August 2003, 02:26 AM
depending on the explosive there can be as much as a 5 second delay after it has actually made contact with an object/the ground.

What you could do is allow the farseeing check (it's a DC 20) to avoid being surprised and be able to react to the grenade.

of course, one hopes they don't plan on throwing frag grenades because they may want to keep the equipment presitne. if they don't, oh well.

Korpil
13 August 2003, 03:53 AM
Or fudge the farseeing roll by Myral and let her know that the silhouettes are carrying something on their hands that doesn't look like blasters...

Consul Vido
13 August 2003, 04:59 AM
Well, the stuff posted about Bakth and Myral could be construed as readying an action for when the door opens. Not neccessarily for when the troopers try to throw grenades, but both characters would appear to basically be waiting for the baddies to come through the door.

Jedi_Staailis
13 August 2003, 05:24 PM
I had Myral using sense surroundings rather than farseeing, and the FAQ says that the images are a little indistinct (it specifically mentions that the character wouldn't be able to tell what weapons a person was carrying). I'd rather not change that too much because of the balance issue.

Using farseeing (with a high difficulty) rather than sense surroundings is an option, but farseeing has a time to use of one hour, so shortening it is a hefty house rule, and in my opinion, sort of breaks what farseeing is supposed to be in relation to the movies.

As for keeping the comm gear nice, they care far more about killing the Jedi than for keeping what amounts to auxiliary equipment intact.

Since the clones are trained soldiers, I'd also assume they wouldn't be so clumsy as to throw the grenades so that the opposition had lots time to deal with them.

I guess that means I like Consul Vido's idea best; that by waiting at the door, the Jedi were effectively readying actions against any surprises that could occur by the clone troopers coming through. I'll slightly retool the final stages of that round of combat to reflect this interpretation, and post it all up later tonight (I have to write the description to match the stats). Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

Jedi_Staailis
13 August 2003, 10:06 PM
Initiative Order: Mereel (22), Clonetrooper – Out of the Fight (22), Sotonn (21), Bakth (20), Myral (18), Kaiya Pralish (17), Clonetrooper – Out of the Fight (15), Clonetrooper (13), Bren Pralish (13), Clonetrooper (13), Clonetrooper (9), Clonetrooper (9), Clonetrooper (9), Clonetrooper (8), Le-Alli (6), Armand (3). Two of the clone soldiers (both 9 in the initiative count) didn’t act during the first round.

Myral: Knight Mind (+6 Dex to the group, -19VP)
Move Object (-1VP)
Current VP: 29 (accounting for enhance ability, knight mind, and move object)

Sotonn: Attack [17+14=31, 17 dmg]
Hit with an attack of 27 for 18 damage.
AoO: [4+14=18, 16 dmg]
Current VP: 54

Bakth: Took two hits (29 on a natural 19, the clonetrooper missed the confirming roll for the critical, and a 25, for damage of 11 and 14).
Current VP: 8 (enhance senses, enhance ability, and two hits)

The initiative now rests with Myral. Both Bakth and Sotonn used both Deflect (Defense) and Deflect (Attack) (attempted, but the rolls were all hits rather than misses within the range), meaning that they each expended two move actions for this round. So both get no actions this round.

Skreem
15 August 2003, 09:55 AM
Having not read the IC post yet - I'll simply post my feelings on the questions as presented here -

- I agree that Jedi's "2-second into the future" reflexis, should allow them the opportunity to have more reaction abilities than just deflect. I believe when (if? really enjoying playing lately :) ) I run my next game, I will be house-ruling that Jedi may sacrifice AoO's and a move action from the next round to use a move-action ability in reaction to events.

I think that the AoO (this is all AoO's from the next (or current, whichever is more detrimental) round, with or without Combat Reflexis) is a reasonable sacrifice to use next rounds move action as a reaction. I had thought about making this a feat or SQ, but am still figuring that out - I think it would make a great Jedi Knight SQ (on top of the bonus feat).

That's just my 2 creds at least. :) ... Ok - on to catching up IC! :)

Jedi_Staailis
16 August 2003, 08:29 AM
Glad to have you back! Unfortunately, I'm going to follow it with my own absence. I missed the post last night, and may not get one in tonight either, since I'm moving. :( Posts should continue by Sunday.

Jedi_Staailis
18 August 2003, 08:03 PM
Sorry for the continued delay. Once again, I botched my estimate on how long it would take me to get everything set up in my new room. Worse, my internet connection was shaky for a while and kept me off the boards. However, I think all is well now, and I'll get back to posting as soon as possible. Mental note to self: Either stop giving dates for posting to continue, or pad them a little bit. ;)

Also, with regards to the posts, as I saw it, the Jedi were inside the control room, with a hallway running outside of it. As of the end of my last post, the clonetroopers aren't in the doorway, they're down the hallway a bit, tossing grenades in. Stepping out into the hallway means going into a crossfire, since some are on each side. With Jedi, and especially with multiple deflecting Jedi, this isn't necessarily a huge deal, but I wanted to make sure you knew how I saw the scene.

Thanks for putting up with my late posting and missed deadlines, everyone.

Skreem
18 August 2003, 10:10 PM
Need New Posts! Need New Posts! Need New Posts!
Hey - I feel like an angry mob... only, without the angry... and without the mob... hmm - guess not :)

As far as the IC stuff goes - that pretty much how I envisioned it - a hallway with a few meters to a crossing with troopers in the side-hall.

Jedi_Staailis
20 August 2003, 01:02 PM
Sotonn:
Three Uses of Deflect (Attack):
[2+11-4+3=12, 12 damage]
[4+11-4+3=14, 12 damage]
[8+11-4+3=18, 14 damage]
(Myral's Knight mind made all of the difference in a couple of these. I've never actually seen a PC with that feat before, and I must say it's rather impressive.)

Myral:
Two Uses of Deflect (Attack):
[7+6-4=3, misses]
[8+6-4=10, misses]

Bakth:
Heal Self [8+13-21, 5VP restored, currently 13]

Initiative is currently with Sotonn. I'm going to drop the delay, since it was an attempt to let Korpil and Consul Vido direct the action as PCs, rather than me as GM running Sotonn as an NPC. But since he came back at an opportune moment, and since Consul Vido's post makes it sound as if Sotonn acted first, I'm going to stick with the original initiative count.

Jedi_Staailis
21 August 2003, 10:35 PM
Since there weren't enough posts today to keep moving things along, I figured it would be a good time to discuss where things are going, just so all of you know what I'm trying to do on my end, and so I can make changes if things don't look very fun or satisfying.

I never had the adventure rigidly scripted, and in an effort to keep things from dragging, I'm starting to push the story toward its final conclusion. There are a few of things that I'd like to see happen before then.

First, I'd like to have Aion back in the group. I'm still not sure exactly how to do this, but I do know it won't involve continuing to move the Aion story significantly more slowly than the primary one. So you may see more missed post days because of lack of participation on one side of the group or the other, but I think that's a small price to pay to keep the story from ending in two separate parts.

Second, Le-Alli has a personality transformation to go through. This is both to remain consistent with the hook I originally posted, and to hit some of the darker themes of the adventure. I think I've got how this will happen nailed down fairly well, and it should give your characters a chance to roleplay without combat a bit.

Third, I need to resolve the mysteries and wrap everything up. I'm not going to talk much about how I plan to do this, since it would spoil the ending, but rest assured that it is being planned in. :)

That's my rough game plan for the rest of the adventure. Is there anything you would like to see changed or added?

Skreem
24 August 2003, 06:38 PM
All sounds good to me - just looking forward to getting there :)

Jedi_Staailis
25 August 2003, 05:59 PM
Just a friendly reminder to Consul Vido and The Ghost that the IC thread is waiting for your replies. :D It's been a few days without any word on a specific absence, so I figured I'd just send a reminder. Thanks!

Jedi_Staailis
26 August 2003, 09:39 PM
Sotonn: Move Object [8+8=16] -1VP, currently 53.

Bakth: Heal Another [18+16=34, 5WP restored], -6VP, currently 7.

Myral: Move Object [16+6=22], -1VP, currently 28.

Aion: WP restored to 12, VP fully restored, Heal Self (since another day passed), [5+9=14], which is useless, but burns another day's heal self attempt.

The Ghost
27 August 2003, 07:56 AM
since i'm unhurried, i'd rather take ten. 19 Heal Self can up 1d2 to whichever stat still needs fixins.

Jedi_Staailis
27 August 2003, 10:24 AM
Okay, consider that corrected. Since dexterity seems to be the more useful ability at this point, even though strength is currently lower (Dexterity is 6, Strength is 4, all other abilities are fully restored), I'll assume you want that one unless you say otherwise. So Dexterity increases from 6 to 8.

The Ghost
27 August 2003, 04:15 PM
dex

Jedi_Staailis
30 August 2003, 11:17 PM
The reason this post is late is because I wanted to get replies from everyone before I moved on, but it's been plenty long enough, so there is a new IC post (a short one, but that's what happens in a scene like this :)).

The usual OOC stuff:
Sotonn: Force Jump (as in the Hero's Guide) [5+7+10=22], -4VP
Bakth: Jump [13+0=13] (I was surprised that Bakth had neither ranks in Jump nor Move Object, and with the strength of 10, it was all but impossible for him to make the jump. :()

Sotonn: Melee Touch Attack (used to catch Le-Alli, also Hero's Guide, and on the web (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/sw20030515herosguide)) [17+11=28]
Climb [12+0=12]

Jedi_Staailis
2 September 2003, 08:02 PM
Damage to the Gunship
[35-10(DR)=25]
[42-10=32]
Current Hull Points: 23

Sotonn: Reflex Save [10+7=17], takes 10 (from 2d6) VP damage

Once again, Sotonn comes off with a decent roll while every NPC in the vicinity rolls natural ones. :P

I'm also not exactly sure what the folks on the ground can do at this stage, but feel free to be creative. :)

On another note, I'm fairly certain that Jamdo Hasyr isn't returning to play Armand. His original estimate for return was mid-July, and he's not answering PMs. As much as I'd rather not run an even larger cadre of NPCs, I suspect that's what I'll have to do for Armand, unless you would prefer I look for a temp player to run Armand for the rest of the adventure (I've never seen it done on PbP before, but that doesn't mean I can't try). Let me know what you prefer.

Korpil
3 September 2003, 05:43 AM
A temp player sounds fine to me, since it's been over a month that Jamdo Hasyr is missing.

Consul Vido
3 September 2003, 09:39 AM
Either way works fine for me.

Skreem
3 September 2003, 05:18 PM
Really - I'm good with either. I have heard of temp-to-perm players joining a campaign to take over for a lost player in the past... and it's worked out well for them - We're still so early on, that it would be relatively easy for someone to come in and fall right into the situation - in fact I don't think that Armand has used many abilities yet, so even some minor mods to the character to allow for some personalization might work.

Oh yea - remind me to kiss your dice if we ever meet in person :)

Jedi_Staailis
3 September 2003, 07:05 PM
Schoolwork took over, so no post for tonight. Sorry, everyone. *Gets back to lab report.*

Jedi_Staailis
4 September 2003, 06:27 PM
Okay, this lab report has now sucked a full two days away. No post tonight either. Hopefully I'll learn how to do these things more efficiently in the future...

Skreem
4 September 2003, 10:14 PM
Beg borrow and steal from others?
Barring that... just keep trudging along, and good luck!

Jedi_Staailis
7 September 2003, 10:25 PM
Another short IC post this time, but a rather eventful one.


Damage [14-10=4] Reduces Hull to 19. Stabilizers damaged.
Damage [23-10=13] Reduces Hull to 6. Sensors damaged.
Ship movement.
Damage [12-10=2] Hull to 4.
Damage [16-10=6] Hull to -2.
Damage [18-10=8] Hull to -10.

Sotonn: Force Jump [11+8+7+14=40] -4VP

Myral: Spot [19+6=25]
Bakth: Spot [9+3=12]

The current situation requires a little explanation rules wise. Basically, the ship is falling toward where everyone on the ground has holed up. Using Move Object on the gunship will end the threat to those on the ground, obviously, but failing at this particular roll (and it'll be a toughie, considering the size of the ship) is catastropic. Another option is to use Move Object on Le-Alli, and to go with Reflex saves to avoid the ship. And of course, there may be approaches I haven't thought of, and you're more than welcome to go with those. :)

Also, I've posted up a notice about wanting a new player here (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?threadid=13882) . With any luck, someone will show some interest.

Oh, on a side note, congrats on the shiny new rank badge Korpil. These rank badge thingamajigs are so much cooler than avatars. :)

And happy birthday, Skreem! Hope it's an enjoyable one, and may the years sit better with you than they do with the Emperor. ;)

Korpil
8 September 2003, 05:26 AM
Hmm.. well.. I think I'll go with move object and spend a Force point on that one... oh gosh!

Thanks Jedi_Staailis, I hadn't even noticed!!!! Now, please address me as Captain, haha, just kidding.

Congratulations Skreem! Have an excellent day!!!!!

Skreem
11 September 2003, 05:52 PM
Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone! Sorry for the lack of replies - was in a kind of funk dealing with a bunch of craziness at the office. Anyway - business as normal.
Move along now, nothing to see.

Jedi_Staailis
18 September 2003, 06:21 PM
Sorry for the late reply. I had a rather rough week at school. Next week may be ugly also, but for the moment, I think I'm on track to be ready for my tests with plenty of time, which means no disruptions to posting. In theory. :D

Not much to say about this update. It's sort of filler, or the equivalent of a transition scene for a movie. I'm still waiting to see how Aion deals with the clonetroopers, which will affect the state of the landing zone.

In terms of mechanics, there were a round of Heal Self and Heal Another by the group's healers. The rolls affecting Bakth were particularly weak, and between Heal Self [5+13=18, 3VP restored], and Le-Alli's Heal Another (only 2VP), Bakth only came back up to 12 VP, so I figured it'd be best if he didn't try to heal others. Le-Alli used Heal Another on Bakth and Myral (increasing her VP to 20).

In other news, Vega Secure'A, has finished his revision of Armand (posted below). With levels in Jedi Investigator, he's a bit more of a combat oriented character, and since I've been keeping him reserved to the background, he hasn't lost very many VP (10, meaning he's currently at 35). I'm sure we can get that situation rectified. :D

---------
Armand Pentalon: Male Human Jedi Consular 3/ Jedi Investigator 5 ; Init +0; Def 20 (+3 Dex, +7 Class); Spd 10m; VP/WP 45/10; Atk +5 melee (1d3, unarmed) or +6 melee (3d8/ 19-20,

lightsaber) or +8 ranged; SQ Deflect (Attack -3, Defense +2), profile, target bonus +3, contact x2, increase lightsaber damage +1d8, favor +2, Jedi Knight; SV Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +6; SZ M;

FP: 9; Rep: 3; Str 10, Dex 16, Con 10, Int 16, Wis 11, Cha 10.

Equipment: Multi-channel comlink w/ encryption routines, lightsaber, jedi robes.
* Armand Pentalon has constructed his own lightsaber.

Skills: Bluff +12, Craft (lightsaber) +6, Diplomacy +12, Gather Information +10, Hide +5, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (Jedi lore) +8, Move Silently +5, Read/Write Basic, Read/Write Huttese,

Read/Write Ryl, Search +5, Sense Motive +10, Speak Basic, Speak Huttese, Speak Ryl.

Force Skills: Enhance Senses +5, Farseeing +10, Force Defense +10, Force Stealth +10, Heal Another +5, Move Object +10, See Force +5.

Feats: Exotic Weapon Proficiency (lightsaber), Force-Sensitive, Persuasive, Stealthy, Trustworthy, Weapons Group Proficiency (blaster pistols, simple weapons)

Force Feats: Alter, Burst of Speed, Control, Lightsaber Defense, Sense.


Edit:: Forgot to answer Skreem's question.


OOC: With my pathetic Computer Use... do I think there's any chance of using the gunship's communication devices to get through to the Council?

Not with the kind of communicator the gunship has. Since Sarett is relatively undeveloped, it doesn't have a good way to boost a weak signal to the subspace net. The gunship is small enough to not have a very strong communications suite to begin with, and certainly not Holonet access.

Korpil
19 September 2003, 04:03 AM
Welcome Vega Secure'A! I hope we have a good time playing this so far excellent game!

Skreem
19 September 2003, 07:11 PM
I'm kewl with the "filler" to give the real action a bit to catch-up... but I'd love to see this continue - the game has been awesome so far, and I'd hate to see it die out!

Glad to have you on-board Vega!

Oh yea, Staailis, Sotonn would use Heal Self as everyone is taking a moment.

Also - I'm not sure what the seating positions are in the gunship, but I surmise that I would be looking over the comm-stuff and able to reply to Bakth's question...? Either way, I would oblige the question by turning stuff on and scanning freq's.

Jedi_Staailis
19 September 2003, 09:13 PM
the game has been awesome so far, and I'd hate to see it die out!
Glad to hear you're enjoying it! School has been a pain in the rear lately, so sometimes I can't post (especially in combat situations, where a post can take me several hours to work out and write). However, I'm certainly not going to let the game die if I can do anything about it. I might miss a post here and there, but I'll keep at it, and I'll be sure to pester all of you if you forget to post as well! :D

Hopefully The Ghost can get a post in shortly and then the groups can be recombined. At that point, a missing player post here and there doesn't make the whole thing grind to a halt.

Vega Secure'A
20 September 2003, 12:25 AM
Thank you all for the welcome :D And I will very much enjoy this adventure!

Though I feel a bit misplaced and out of character, the transition from a system leader to a jedi i mean, since I just finished "Death, Dirt, and the Nerf Rancher's Daughter" adventure with a long running hero of mine (started 2001). He just became a level 10 character.

Don't worry though I can adapt quickly B)

The Ghost
20 September 2003, 01:16 AM
sorry, but not having much to work with has caused a considerable amount of time that i've had to ponder things.

as for my list of what i have to work with:
-no weapon
-few feats that would put me in a good position
-focus in skills that aren't necessarily combat oriented

so i hope you can see the dilemma i was posed with.

and understand the nature of how i intend to carry out this next part.

forgive my quiet hemming & hawing.

Jedi_Staailis
21 September 2003, 09:15 PM
as for my list of what i have to work with:
-no weapon
-few feats that would put me in a good position
-focus in skills that aren't necessarily combat oriented
It's certainly a dilemma, but that's how it goes for escaped prisoners in an occupied city. You'll probably be able to pick up a new weapon in short order, but getting the lightsaber back is probably out of the question. Regardless, it was a nice attempt for distracting them, although the dice didn't cooperate. However, the hide roll did, so Aion managed to avoid being fired upon, which is a good thing. :D

By the way, Vega, I assumed that the clone troopers were left behind at the station. It doesn't make much sense to drag them along, because the second you leave them alone, they're likely to cause trouble for the Jedi. :)

OOC Stuff:
Sotonn: Heal Self [9+11=20] 10VP restored to 49.
Aion: Affect Mind [3+6=9]
Hide [17+1=18]

Vega Secure'A
21 September 2003, 11:12 PM
Yes about that. Thanks for clearing that up! I thought it was weird too. Wasn't sure if they took them. My fault! LOL :D

Vega Secure'A
23 September 2003, 01:22 PM
Do people post regularly Jedi_Staailis? Because I was wondering is there an order in which people post or can you post as many times (within reason ofcourse)!

Jedi_Staailis
23 September 2003, 02:39 PM
The usual schedule is once every weekday, and once over the weekend. Lately, we've been going slower for a variety of reasons (RL has seemed to be keeping people fairly busy in the past few weeks). :(

You're welcome to post more than once, although I'm not necessarily sure what use that would be, unless you wan to hold dialogue between PCs. If you think it's appropriate, go ahead. :) I go by initiative order in most combat situations, but other than that there is no specified post order.

If some people have posted but not others, I'll usually wait until the majority of players have posted (now that the group is back together again, that's 3 of the 5), before I make my post. I don't ever accelerate the daily posting schedule unless everyone has posted.

Does that help?

Vega Secure'A
23 September 2003, 09:00 PM
That clears a lot! Now I don't have to check everyday, Yeay! :D

Skreem
23 September 2003, 09:45 PM
It's good to check everyday - but may not have to post everyday - although I've discovered that if I give myself that freedom... I tend to not check everyday, and then not post when I do check.... and it just gets worse. So - I make it a point to at least check-in everyday. This gives me the opportunity to know whether anyone has updated, and be constantly thinking about my next actions... besides - once everyone's RL things clean-up... there should be more posts everyday

Vega Secure'A
23 September 2003, 09:50 PM
Alrighty then, I shall check everyday! Gives me something to look forward to :hansolo:

Jedi_Staailis
23 September 2003, 10:05 PM
On a typical day, I check for updates several times (since I spend most of my day in front of my computer doing homework anyway :)), whether I have time to write a full post or not. So I usually am around to answer any questions.

I do encourage checking up on things daily, even when things aren't moving quickly, for a couple of reasons. First, IC posts tend to come in short succession. I'm not sure why this is; I suspect that a sort of momentum gets going and people want to see what happens in response to the actions they've seen so far. I like to try to carry this momentum and enthusiasm as far as possible. If everyone continues to have time, keeping the post rate up both moves the story and keeps everyone interested (which in turn makes the game more fun--which is the entire goal, after all :D).

Second, simply a quick check up gets you thinking about the game again. When a new post comes in, I find myself rereading my post, then the sequence of posts up through the new one. Even if several days pass between IC posts, when I sit down to write, the story is fresh in my memory.

Vega Secure'A
23 September 2003, 10:13 PM
Same here :rolleyes: re-reading over and over, but it keeps it fresh.

Vega Secure'A
23 September 2003, 10:16 PM
Hey, I've seen some of the pictures you've requested from swagonline.com!

Great Portraits!

Jedi_Staailis
23 September 2003, 10:43 PM
My requests? Gosh, the last time I requested anything from SWAG was back before they even had a website and everything was done through their forum on the Holonet. I remember that I got spectacular drawings from both JTessier and Gray Area (which was technically a violation of the SWAG one request, one artist policy, but I certainly didn't complain when JTessier drew two different concepts and Gray Area added a third).

I haven't followed the SWAG scene too closely as of late, though I considered trying to get a drawing of Le-Alli done for this game. I guess I decided that the request would take too long and wouldn't be ready in time for the start, after which you would form your own ideas of what she should look like.

Vega Secure'A
23 September 2003, 10:50 PM
Sometimes its good to see what the view of the GM's picture would look like, for intance I would like to know what you think she would look like? HOT 8o, or elegant ;), or maybe just cool B)

Korpil
24 September 2003, 03:44 AM
There is no specific order, and we try to post whenever we can :) Usually 1 post per round, then Jedi Staailis answers and we start all over again.

Vega Secure'A
24 September 2003, 05:57 PM
Just a heads up for everyone ... sorry about this! :(
I'm starting to move to a new house. I might not get a change to check everyday or even post everyday, but I'll try! ;)
It should only take a week or two to move, maybe less. Nothing to worry about ... Well maybe except that I might start working soon, plus going back to college 8o NOOOO!

Jedi_Staailis
24 September 2003, 07:24 PM
OOC Business:
Sotonn: See Force [14+3=17] -3VP

Initiative:
Clonetrooper - 16
Clonetrooper - 15
Bakth - 6
Armand - 3

Bakth [3+9=9] Miss
[12+1=13, 20 damage]

Armand [7+8=15, 19 damage]

And that's what you call a picture perfect rescue op. :)


I would like to know what you think she would look like?
Is that a real question, or just an excuse to use lots of smilies? :D


Well maybe except that I might start working soon, plus going back to college
Sounds like a busy schedule, and with a move in there too. Good luck with all of it!

Vega Secure'A
24 September 2003, 11:14 PM
Actually Jedi, I would like to see how she would look ;)

Moving as in moving to a new house, working as in a new job, and college as in NOOOO 8o !

LOL :D

Vega Secure'A
25 September 2003, 02:04 PM
Jedi you might have already heard this from Fox's site but just in case (and this is also for the other players), the place I'm moving to will have no internet access for three weeks! "HOW CAN I SURVIVE!" Hopefully my aunt who lives next door will have a computer with internet access.
I may post every two or three days, is this ok with you Jedi?

Jedi_Staailis
26 September 2003, 06:57 AM
Despite having only two replies, I think I'm going to move the story along and launch into the next big arc. Depending on when I decide to cut the narration loose and let your characters react (I'll decide this as I write it), it may be a long post and take a while. If so, there's a chance I won't get it finished tonight. However, I should get it in tomorrow at the latest. This post will mix things up a little and provide some surprises, so it should be interesting. *Evil GM Cackle* :D


Actually Jedi, I would like to see how she would look
Well... I suppose I don't really have a precise mental image. I threw a few details out about her when I first introduced the character (the first post, actually), describing her as an individual who doesn't exactly fit the image of the cloaked and hooded Jedi (actually, I intentionally abbreviated the full Jedi robe and described her as wearing some cloak like thing). My original character stats say brown hair and blue eyes, which was never mentioned in the adventure, so far as I recall. Game stats wise, she has high ability scores in Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma, so presumably she's smart and personable, which I tried to play up in her scenes in the story. She tends a little bit more toward friendliness and cheerfulness than detachment, or as you put it, elegance. Since she's presumably in her twenties, a Jedi (and hence in shape), and has a high charisma, she's probably physically attractive, although that doesn't play as big of a role as her personality in interactions (especially when it comes to Jedi). Sheesh, I've had to rationalize my way through half of this based on the stats. So yeah, my artistic vision is a bit muddy on this one. :P


I may post every two or three days, is this ok with you Jedi?
Certainly. Take whatever time you need. If anyone practices the "real life before posts" philosophy, it's me, so I'm in no position to complain. :)

Jedi_Staailis
30 September 2003, 09:15 PM
I'm really impressed by the quality of the RP going on, so I've decided to not mess with a good thing and just make a post describing what Le-Alli is doing and saying.

The next few rounds of posts should be fairly unstructured. In addition to having the characters grapple with the situation, there are a few other things to get resolved in character.

First, there needs to be some sort of plan of action for what to do next.

Second, the characters could probably use a chance to rest and heal. The gunship is set down between two fires that provide a bit of cover from scanning and sight. While it's not perfect, it's a pretty good place to hide something that big. You're welcome to explore other choices, or even have the PCs abandon the gunship, if you wish.

Third, I think everyone needs to figure out what Aion is talking about. :D I have a couple of theories myself (and nothing more than that), but I'm glad it's being addressed in character. I'm curious to find out what exactly The Ghost is having Aion refer to, but I guess we'll find out in due time. :)

The Ghost
1 October 2003, 03:17 AM
you'll have to forgive my character for not caring. caring is just a pesky emotion that gets in the way of the bigger picture.

from a roleplaying perspective, it's fun to play him, but from the mechanics side i took a decent hit just to be able to do him right.

and yes, he is pointedly ignoring the Mon Cal's question.

Jedi_Staailis
2 October 2003, 02:55 PM
I'm aware it's all in character. :) Though Aion is probably the most obvious example (because his personality is so untraditional), there's a lot of diversity in the personalities of the PCs, even though all of them are Jedi. In past games, I've had a problem with cookie-cutter Jedi, and this is a refreshing change.

Korpil
3 October 2003, 04:26 AM
Well... it's a very gruesome era for being a Jedi... so I believe that pushes out the character's conflicts... much more than if it was a "normal" mission....

BTW, if you have missed it... in StarWars.com they posted for free the Clone Wars stories that should appear with selected Hasbro figures...

I have only read the first two, but they're pretty good:

http://www.starwars.com/eu/news/2003/10/news20031001.html

Vega Secure'A
9 October 2003, 05:17 AM
I'm back :D Sorry for the long wait people!

Skreem
10 October 2003, 08:52 AM
Need to confirm a few things here:
Ghost have you been stopping to talk, or are you and Le'Alli several meters away at this point? In either case, are you speaking loudly to make sure that the rest of us can here?
... I know I had something else to confirm OOC... but it must not have been important 'cause I forgot it! Hmm...

Jedi_Staailis
10 October 2003, 06:25 PM
Sorry for the sporadic posting everyone, it's been a busy week. At the moment, I'm packing for an early flight tomorrow, so no post tonight either. I think I'll be able to get one in tomorrow though.

Thanks for your patience...


BTW, if you have missed it... in StarWars.com they posted for free the Clone Wars stories that should appear with selected Hasbro figures...
If you all haven't checked out the link Korpil posted, you should. The fiction is written by genuine Star Wars authors, not some random person involved in the promotion. And you can't argue with the free aspect, either. :)


Ghost have you been stopping to talk
From the line "He turns his face skyward, closing his eyes for a moment." I think we can assume that Aion has indeed stopped. If not, assume you can still hear what's being said. (No Enhance Senses checks necessary! How's that for fudging the rules in the players' favor? :D)

The Ghost
17 October 2003, 12:12 PM
Force Meld?

is that Battle Meld from the NJO book under a different name?

Jedi_Staailis
17 October 2003, 02:04 PM
Force Meld?
Do you mean Myral's Knight Mind? I believe that's just the feat in the RCRB. Or am I misunderstanding your question completely?

[Edit]: I just saw the edit notice on Consul Vido's post. I suspect your question would have made more sense if I had seen the message before that. :)

Consul Vido
20 October 2003, 09:08 AM
I originally put Force Mind by error, but I could possibly have misspelled that also. My cognitive faculties haven't been at their best lately.

The Ghost
20 October 2003, 12:25 PM
it's cool. i was just wondering if i was going to need to start making will saves.

is the Battle Meld a feasable trick, by the way?

Jedi_Staailis
21 October 2003, 07:36 PM
is the Battle Meld a feasable trick, by the way?
I really don't know the details, since I don't have the NJO Sourcebook. Is it a feat based power or a technique that can be employed by any Jedi?

The Ghost
21 October 2003, 09:39 PM
it's a technique. but to be able to initiate it, you have to have 5+ ranks in telepathy.

if anybody else has the NJO book and can do it, then we could go into more detail, otherwise we're just blowing hot air.

Vega Secure'A
23 October 2003, 08:00 PM
I have the NJO :D What seems to be the boggle :?

The Ghost
23 October 2003, 10:25 PM
the technique on p.146

Vega Secure'A
24 October 2003, 04:53 AM
- force-user with 5 + ranks in telepathy

- requires telepathy check DC10, +2 for each person to be included

- full-round action

- only needed to make a successful tcheck once

- only force-sensitive individuals can be included in the meld

- any skill check, attack roll, or saving throw can add +1 circumstance bonus to his or her d20 roll for every two people in the link.

- each round, each character must succeed at a Will save (DC10, +1for each person in the link) plus the bonus granted by this feat to remain in the link. If forced out the character cannot rejoin. If the person who initiated the entire link fails.

- maintaining the link requires the one who initiated the link to spend vitality point for using the Telepathy skill every 3 minutes (30 rounds)

Consul Vido
24 October 2003, 09:14 AM
Myral is short by one rank of Telepathy, so I guess that leaves it up to Bakth, as he appears to have the required ranks. Myral will just have to stick to using good old Knight Mind.

Tyrok
24 October 2003, 10:25 AM
Hi!
I was wondering are you still accepting players.
I have a 1st lvl JC and scoundrel(I would use which ever would fit better).

Jedi_Staailis
24 October 2003, 11:40 PM
Unfortunately, I am not. The game is roughly 3/4 of the way done and the plot is such that introducing new characters would be very awkward.

Thanks for taking the time to ask. Had circumstances been different, I would have been happy to have another player. But with things as they are, I think it would only be frustrating for everyone involved.

Keep an eye on the Roleplaying forum and the Trader's InfoNet. It's usually not too long before somebody starts up a new game or needs extra players. Alternately, you could always start one of your own. Regardless of how you decide to go about it, I'm sure you'll be able to find a game quickly. Best of luck and happy gaming!

Tyrok
25 October 2003, 03:09 AM
OK, thanks anyway.

Skreem
28 October 2003, 10:44 AM
I'm certain that it's been debated before... but figured I would bring it up for your opinion on the matter: Can Affect Mind be used via comm-devices? Or is it line-of-sight only?
I'm sure those more devious can see where I'm heading with this... :kenobi:

Jedi_Staailis
28 October 2003, 12:12 PM
I'm going to stick with the RCRB skill description on the Affect Mind issue: 10 meters (so technically line of sight isn't necessary, but it won't work at comm ranges either).

Jedi_Staailis
30 October 2003, 11:45 AM
Well, I've been fairly busy as of late, so I haven't been on the ball about keeping things going. That said, it's been nine days and there's only been one reply to my IC post. I think we've gotten past the "busy" stage to the "forgot" stage. :D So, just a reminder, when you get the chance, throw a post out there. Thanks everybody!

Korpil
30 October 2003, 11:48 AM
Why do I have a subscription to this thread?

Oh yes! The game! ;)

Just kidding, I'll post right away!

Jedi_Staailis
31 October 2003, 10:15 PM
And the OOC stuff:

Bakth: Enhance Ability [12+13=25, Dex +6, -3 VP]
Enhance Senses [15+16=31, +8 bonus, -3 VP]
Attacks: [18+12 (includes knight mind)=30, 20 damage]
[natural 1]
Current VP: 33

Myral: Knight Mind [+6 Dexterity to group, -17 VP]
Current VP: 35

Jedi_Staailis
4 November 2003, 02:40 PM
From the IC thread:


OOC: How many obvious exits are there here? Also - are there exits from the catwalk level - at least that are reasonably accessible?
Many. There are two large elevators used for moving vehicles into storage areas. There are several doors surrounded by machinery and from the labels appear to be equipment bays or control rooms of some sort. There are doors from the upper catwalks as well (three, leading in various directions). There's a small lift that provides access to the catwalks. There is one door that looks more like a standard shipboard door (with an array of communications equipment next to the panel that controls the door), rather than the more industrial styled doors. It's placed such that it probably leads to a major corridor.

So there are quite a few choices. :)

Korpil
5 November 2003, 04:35 AM
According to that description, I would say to go into the large corridor, find a terminal and locate an alternate route... what does everyone think?

Vega Secure'A
13 November 2003, 07:07 AM
How do characters who are whispering or speaking privately to one another do that without the other characters listening in, because it is after all a PbP hehe :P

Consul Vido
13 November 2003, 09:14 AM
You could send a PM to the player of the character and the GM if neccessary. Or if the person in question has an applicable e-mail address, you could send the messages that way.

Vega Secure'A
14 November 2003, 03:39 AM
OK, Thanks ;)

Jedi_Staailis
19 November 2003, 01:14 PM
Depending on the circumstances, it may not be feasible for your character to communicate with another character without drawing at least some attention. In general, the character will be able to step away from the group and whisper something to another character. While the other PCs may not hear this, there's a chance they'll notice the communication. With that in mind, please PM me if you wish to have your PC whisper something to another character, and I'll roll opposed checks and see if anybody notices it. If you want more secrecy, there is always telepathy, but the message content is limited and there is a vitality cost.

In addition to sending me a note (both email and PMs are fine), you can email or PM the respective player with your game message.

Jedi_Staailis
25 November 2003, 09:06 PM
Sorry for the delay everyone, I've been traveling. I started on the reply, but my two hours of sleep is making it pretty incoherent, so I'll get it up tomorrow morning. Or afternoon. Basically, whenever I wake up. :rolleyes:

Also, things have been kind of slow lately, both with my posts and everyone else's. I suspect this is just everyone being kept busy by real life, but if I'm not holding everyone's attention and can make the game more interesting, please let me know (some of you keep me updated with suggestions and questions through PMs; I appreciate it). Otherwise, we're getting fairly close to the conclusion and I'm going to be looking for opportunities to take the plot and move it into the finale. Is there anything you would like to see in it? Obviously, I can't reveal plot details, but if you'd like to have events that allow you to work up some interesting material for your characters, I'll do my best to accomodate that.

Korpil
26 November 2003, 04:46 AM
It has been great so far!!!

And if you're not that busy in the future, Jedi_Staailis, it would be great to mount another game! Count me in if that happens...

Also, I'll be out until next Monday and

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!!!

Consul Vido
26 November 2003, 09:21 AM
Ditto on what Korpil said. I have enjoyed this game immensely.

I have been extremely busy at work, so that's why my posting has been erratic and delayed, but things are sort of starting to slow down again.

I will be away from the luxuries of civilization until Monday, as I will be in a cabin in the woods with family, so I won't be able to post again until then.

The Ghost
26 November 2003, 10:38 AM
Aion's not said anything because he's nothing to say. sorry.

it's going good so far, and i suspect i'll have a reply when everyone's all done with their weekend and posted.

Jedi_Staailis
26 November 2003, 01:58 PM
And if you're not that busy in the future, Jedi_Staailis, it would be great to mount another game!
I really don't know what I'm going to do after the game concludes. I've been thinking about running a game that involves a bit more humor and adventure (basically, a lot more cheerful :)), but I'm not sure whether I'm going to have the time to do so. If I do, I'll let all of you know before I open spots to Holonetters in general. I plan to keep playing on the boards in one form or another, so hopefully I'll be able to game with some of you in the future, regardless of the exact adventure or campaign.

Vega Secure'A
27 November 2003, 06:25 AM
You can count on me to game! I'll be there, just say the word ;)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE!!

Jedi_Staailis
9 December 2003, 06:15 PM
Unfortunately, it's finals week for me, so there will be no posts until either Friday night (I hope I'm awake enough to write after my finals) or Monday (after I finish finals, I get to drive thirteen hours over the weekend...).

Sorry for the delay. Between my schedule and the Holonet being flaky, things have been moving at a snail's pace lately. :(

Vega Secure'A
10 December 2003, 06:28 AM
No problem Jedi, if nothing else your actually helping me. Now I don't have to check everyday :)

Skreem
10 December 2003, 05:20 PM
Not a problem here - although this is basically my only game anymore :(
Besides - it gives me more opportunity to figure out what the heck to do :hansolo:. Which, by the way, if any feels I'm being absolutely moronic about something my character "should" know or figure out or whatever... feel free to just blurt it out in here - or drop me a PM - I will take no offense... and will consider all suggestions/ideas

As well - I totally mirror the other comments - WHEN (not if! :P ) you run another game, I'm in!

Vega Secure'A
12 December 2003, 05:41 AM
WHEN (not if! ) you run another game, I'm in!

I second that :D


although this is basically my only game anymore

Skreem, I'm currently in 3 campaigns, "Plight of Korriban", "Echoes", and "The Great Hyperspace War". If I get invited into another campaign or a GM starts a new one, I'll be sure to pm you.

The Ghost
12 December 2003, 08:44 AM
*keeps silent about secretly plotting to run a SW game on another forum*

Skreem
14 December 2003, 06:07 PM
Well if you're keeping silent, then stop blurting things out so loudly ;)

*thinks quietly about asking if there are any positions open...*

Jedi_Staailis
16 December 2003, 12:33 AM
Bakth: Enhance Ability [9+13=22, +4 Dex, -3 VP to 30]

Armand: Defends against attack rolls of 27 (hit for 8 damage, current VP 37) and 24 (miss)

I think I got the information about the corridors and door access across in my post. As for Korpil's question, there are no blast doors between the computer panel and the clone soldiers at the end of the corridor. It's effectively open space (which is why the clone troopers aren't advancing down it. The combination of no cover and being channeled into lightsabers would be suicide until they come up with more numbers or heavy weapons.)

As usual, feel free to ask questions if I need to clarify something.

Jedi_Staailis
19 December 2003, 09:20 AM
With the holidays approaching, I expect that ability to post will be affected a bit. In my case, I don't really have much to do, so my ability to post is dramatically improved.

How about everyone else? Depending on schedules, I expect that we could be done in several weeks (not that I want the game to end, but I'd like a strong finish, if real life doesn't conflict :)).

Korpil
19 December 2003, 09:36 AM
My manager just denied the vacations I had planned for beginnings of January, so basically I'll be here except for 24, 25, 26 of December and 1 of January.

Consul Vido
19 December 2003, 10:01 AM
I will most likely be out of touch from the 31st of December until the 4th of January, as I will be in a cabin in the woods with my family.

Jedi_Staailis
21 December 2003, 05:16 PM
Thanks for the replies. I guess posting may not be entirely reliable for the next few weeks, so just post when you can, and I'll be able to get my responses out quickly. :)

Skreem
30 December 2003, 11:43 AM
Got tired of waiting ;) I've made a few assumptions with this post Jedi_Staailis - but I'm sure you can adjust that in the GM narrative. So basic concept being I want to shoot off an escape pod (yea I know it can be scanned - but every second guess helps!) as we duck into the service tunnel mentioned earlier (hopefully completely unseen). Then do the whole disable the engines distraction - that Bakth may decide turn into a second objective... as we double-around for the bridge.

Jedi_Staailis
30 December 2003, 12:26 PM
Got tired of waiting
I've been chomping at the bit myself, since I'm on vacation and have time to write, but I think the others are off enjoying themselves and not worrying about the game (well, except for Korpil, who has work :(), which I certainly understand.

And yes, I should have no problem working in your assumptions. That's the nature of PbP. :)

Skreem
30 December 2003, 04:41 PM
Coolio.

Yea - I'm working myself, and with a wife, house, kid, and pets... can't afford to go away for vacation. BAH HUMBUG! :bothan:

Jedi_Staailis
6 January 2004, 01:33 PM
Well, I'm back from vacation, and school has begun anew. My posting should still be, uh, better (reliable, unfortunately, isn't the right word) than at the end of last semester, since there isn't quite as much of a crunch until the end. :D

I'm just throwing this message up as a general reminder to post when you can. Thanks, everyone!

Vega Secure'A
6 January 2004, 07:13 PM
Let's get the ball rolling again people! :P

Jedi_Staailis
7 January 2004, 08:49 PM
Myral, Move Object: [14+6=20], -4VP to 33 (just barely made the DC. Le-Alli had to burn a Force point to move the other two.)

For the next round of posts, I just need a consensus on who is going to what parts of the ship, and what is planned for said places. I assume that you want to go to the engines next, or close to them, but the exact plan gets fuzzy after that (in my mind, anyway). :D

farr0095
8 January 2004, 03:08 AM
But I've got to say that you all are doing a phenominal job of RP. This has been an absolutely terrific read and now I get to look forward to following it to the conclusion. I'm really happy that this can be in such a public place to allow us other Holonetters to have a chance to read your great work.

Awesome job! :)

Jedi_Staailis
8 January 2004, 08:52 PM
Thanks, farr!

It's a bit of irony that you ended up reading this game, though. When I first began planning to run a PbP I didn't really know what I was doing, so I read through your Invasion of Theed game as a template of what sort of approach I should take! (Always copy from the best. :)) When it comes to good reads, Echoes pales in comparison (IOT link (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?threadid=12702)).

farr0095
9 January 2004, 02:59 AM
Now it's my chance to shy back in reverance. While I do think that IoT has been a phenominal and enjoyable game, I'm not sure that one could rate it better played than your fine game here. A good portion of that falls on the GM's shoulders; in IoT, the GM has allowed a bit too much slack, and apparently has not inspired a similiar vein of intraspective RP (although it's growing). I really like the way your group interacts, sometimes pushing the GM out of the way. I also think that you keeping a PC in the group, although only rarely guiding the group with that character, has certainly helped. It's something I'm going to take back and use for my playbook. Again, big congrats!

Skreem
14 January 2004, 02:27 PM
Well... at least I can say I'm not the only one who let the ball drop on this one :)
Just realized that I (nor anyone) has posted since the request of a concensus on who's going where/doing what.

Last I think, we all were heading towards the engines. Once there Bakth wanted to head to the Engines (don't know if anyone wanted to accompany him - as noone spoke out in favor or against). I was hoping to come out at a terminal that was on the way towards the engines... close-off/open-up/unlock/etc... doors or alarms or similar to give away our presence in the area and lead them on a goose-chase (if Bakth is intent on actually going to engines, then the goose-chase would have to be towards some other viable target... in fact it may just involve simply tripping alarms and opening/closing "random" doors). Either way - the rest of the team would then jump back into the crawlway and head to the bridge via the carefully adjusted maze of corridors :)

Korpil
15 January 2004, 04:19 AM
I thought going to the engines just for creating a diversion, but it could be a really serious plan to sabotage them... I think our main goal should be reaching Captain Vandergraff and confront her about her intentions on the planet...

Jedi_Staailis
15 January 2004, 06:51 PM
Well, we may have to agree to disagree, farr. I've always thought that the characters' introspection was always IoT's strongest asset. As for the PC dynamic in Echoes, I've been very happy with it, though the credit for that is definitely not my own. I had a nice static outline written down and was proceeding merrily along it. And then in about two or three rounds of posts, Ghost's PC had surrendered to the bad guys and the rest of the group had decisively ended what was supposed to be a drawn out gunship chase. That induced the first of many plot rewrites. :)

Thanks for the replies, Skreem, Korpil. If no one else comments, I'll just make another post reflecting the current plan (though IC posts are always welcome, should you feel the desire to post about something in the tunnels and passages).

Korpil
16 January 2004, 06:46 AM
OK... I'll wait the weekend...

Jedi_Staailis
18 January 2004, 10:41 PM
I was just about to write the scene on the bridge when I realized that there's a good chance that your characters may want to prepare themselves, or express their emotions at this point. If not, then it's time to step through the door to the bridge. B)

Jedi_Staailis
28 January 2004, 05:07 PM
Just wanted to give you all the heads up that I haven't forgotten about the game, I'm just bogged down with schoolwork. I'll try to get a post up tonight or tomorrow, but it may have to wait until Friday or Saturday. :(

Jedi_Staailis
12 February 2004, 09:26 PM
Posting has been really slow lately. Has everyone been busy or something? If you're merely not posting because your character doesn't have anything to say, please drop a note to that effect in the OOC thread so I can move things along. Thanks!

Korpil
13 February 2004, 05:16 AM
OK, my character has nothing to say so far...

The Ghost
13 February 2004, 07:14 AM
nothing to say

Vega Secure'A
13 February 2004, 11:45 AM
Finished what I had to say, just waiting now :)

Jedi_Staailis
14 February 2004, 09:46 PM
Well, the surprise is sprung, and hopefully the mystery that has been surrounding Vandergraff's actions earlier in the adventure has been lifted.

Since the death of PCs is now close at hand, I thought I'd address that and see how exactly you all wish to handle it. I'm not saying that all of the PCs will be killed on the bridge. Some or all may escape for a time, but I don't see a way for anyone to get further than down to the battle in an escape pod--and that would probably require other PCs staying to hold off the host of enemies that have dropped in.

In any case, one way to continue would be to have all deaths come out of the dice rolls. The other is to allow you guys to write the sequences yourself, when it becomes apparent the PC is completely trapped. If you have any other suggestions, please let me know.

Skreem
15 February 2004, 09:07 AM
... maybe I'm just being a bit dense, but I'm still somewhat confused. But we can go over that after everything is done :) As it's more GM insight than I need for my character right now... besides, Sotonn's not really thinking about all that at the moment anyway :)

I'm still trying to get a grip on what Sotonn's reaction to this particular situation would be. My mind is stuck on your "challenge" of no-way-out (of which I've come up with several options... heh - none of which would Sotonn do however :? )

If I don't get a post in before everyone else does and you're ready to move this along - assume that Sotonn is stuck somewhat dumb-founded/slack-jawed...

Jedi_Staailis
15 February 2004, 09:35 AM
... maybe I'm just being a bit dense, but I'm still somewhat confused.
Actually, I was a bit worried that it wouldn't be clear enough. Without stating it explicity, I'll point to part of the description:


Standing at the center is a figure shrouded in a black cloak. Around him stand eight warriors, their red armor gleaming under the harsh bridge lights.

If it's still not making sense (or if it's not clear to anyone else), then I'll post some more IC description. I'd rather not just state it flat out--that's boring. :D

Vega Secure'A
15 February 2004, 10:26 AM
It's perfectly clear enough 8o For me anyway :hansolo: Time to make my day B)

Skreem
15 February 2004, 11:25 AM
Oh - I completely understand who we're dealing with... I was commenting on other stuff - I understand who's been pulling the strings behind the scenes... it just doesn't explain certain actions in my mind... dat's all B) (unless of course you're making a subtle reference to something that happened in EU books or something, as I've not read any of them... heh )

Jedi_Staailis
15 February 2004, 11:40 AM
Hmm. It's not EU related at all. All of the actions thus far should be explainable under the motives of the character as shown in the movies, considering that the adventure takes place sometime during the Clone Wars. Feel free to PM me with questions, or have Sotonn ask Le-Alli them a few posts down the road. Sotonn could also ask them on the bridge, but depending on the question, I may not answer them. The "evil bad guy spills his entire plan to the heroes" thing is pretty trite. :P

Skreem
15 February 2004, 11:56 AM
heh you don't say do ya? :hansolo:

Anywho, I just realized something Sotonn WOULD do (especially consider the wave of force energy that was lifted) would be a quick See Force. It's only +3... but he wants to attempt to get a complete understanding what they're dealing with.

Vega Secure'A
15 February 2004, 01:46 PM
Thats bold of you 8o May the Force be with you on your attempt, Skreem ;)

Skreem
18 February 2004, 06:06 PM
heh - someone's gotta do it, right? :)

Jedi_Staailis
19 February 2004, 08:33 PM
Sorry all, I wasn't able to check up on the thread for a few days. My computer decided that it wasn't really interested in running, and it took a bit of work to get it functional again. In any case, we're still not doing too well with posts. Skreem posted an action OOC, and there's only one IC post (Korpil's), which was four days ago. You guys all still around? Very busy or something?

Vega Secure'A
19 February 2004, 10:41 PM
before I post, is it possible for Armand to charge one of the Crimson Guardsmen, since he is being obstructed by a large console?

Jedi_Staailis
20 February 2004, 04:46 AM
Yes, but remember that these guys are close together, so you'll be in range of more than one of them as soon as you get close. 8o

Consul Vido
20 February 2004, 10:43 AM
Sorry about the delay in posting, everyone.

Unfortunately, I got fired from my job a couple of weeks ago and I've been trying to get myself organized to look for another one. Hopefully, though, it won't be too much longer as I have heard of a couple of possible openings.

Korpil
20 February 2004, 10:48 AM
Well, good luck!

I'm about to start searching myself, the company I work for will be out of business next April.

Jedi_Staailis
22 February 2004, 09:50 PM
Sotonn: See Force [10 + 3 = 13] succeeds, -3VP to 69

Armand: Charge, Overrun, Trip Attack
Melee Touch Attack: [5+6=11, miss]
Reflex save against Force Lightning: [14+5=19, fails, 12 damage taken.] VP falls to 33.

Initiative:
Armand
Guard
Dark Robed Figure
Aion <-- Next in the initiative order
Guard
Guard
Guard
Grey Cloaked (Aion's former captor)
Guard
Bakth
Sotonn
Guard
Guard
Guard
Le-Alli
Myral

Vega Secure'A
22 February 2004, 10:07 PM
I should have used a Force Point, D@M!T!!! :mad:

OH NO! 8o The retaliations coming downwind!!!

The Ghost
23 February 2004, 11:30 AM
whoops. thanks.

Jedi_Staailis
25 February 2004, 07:43 PM
The next post may be delayed a little bit, seeing as I have some stats to work up, and school to keep me away from that. Plus large combats just take a long time. Sorry all. :(

Vega Secure'A
26 February 2004, 04:23 AM
Just tell me if its my turn to go, since all we're waiting for is Le-Alli and Sotonn, but since Sotonn will be delayed a bit, you might call to go ahead, wait for another day or two, or go ahead in the postings, so just tell me if you choose the last option. I don't want to hold everyone up because I didn't know we were suppose to go ahead.

Skreem
26 February 2004, 11:30 AM
I was going to wait for my turn... but seeing as Myral and Bakth have already posted, and our GM is having fun with stats... I can put something here eventhough it's a bit out of turn (timing not being crucial to his current actions).

Vega Secure'A
27 February 2004, 08:57 PM
Ok, just Le-Alli then its my turn again.

Skreem
27 February 2004, 09:06 PM
... uhm... right - that's the GM's character there Vega ;)

You seem to be a wee bit anxious in all your games today :D

Vega Secure'A
27 February 2004, 09:10 PM
LOL :D Yeah! because now all my current characters are gaining xp and later on levels ;) You know after all these years non of my characters are above lvl 10 yet 8o Now thats sad :mad:

Jedi_Staailis
29 February 2004, 11:05 AM
Vega, assume your character retreived the lightsaber (my description was meant to indicate that the saber tip hit the floor, not the saber fell out of Armand's hands). We'll let it stand this way and just negate the action and VP cost for recovering it. It's now back to you in the initiative order.

I tried to indicate in the IC post that your group of Jedi is seriously outmatched in this one. It might be worth trying to run, even if all of the characters aren't likely to make it off the bridge.

OOC Stuff:
Aion: Move Object [20+5+13=38], -1VP to 52
Guard: Hits Aion for 8 damage, 44VP remaining
Guard: Hits Armand for 16 damage, 17 VP remaining
Guard: Misses Armand
Grey Cloaked: Attacks Le-Alli for 13 damage
Guard: Attacks Myral for 17 damage, Myral falls to 16 VP
Bakth: Attacks Guard [16+7+6=29, 22 damage], -1FP
Sotonn: Battlemind [16+7=23, +3 bonus] -5VP to 67
Sotonn: Enhance Ability [6+15=21, +4 Dex] -3VP to 64
Guard: Attacks Armand for 13 damage, 4VP remaining
Guard: Attacks Bakth, misses
Guard: Attacks Aion for 9 damage, 35VP remaining
Le-Alli Attacks the Grey Cloaked man, misses
Myral: Move Object [10+14+6=30], -4VP to 12, -1FP
Ranged Attack (to hit other guard) succeeds

Vega Secure'A
1 March 2004, 04:07 AM
Oh, ok, misread the IC post :o Let's begin anew, muahahaha! :D

Vega Secure'A
5 March 2004, 11:32 AM
If things progress the way they are now, and everyone flees, Armand is a goner (1 vs 8).

Skreem
5 March 2004, 01:57 PM
"Trust in the Force Armand..."

or in this case:

"Trust in the Force Sensitive friends Armand..."

Jedi_Staailis
7 March 2004, 08:56 PM
Wow... it's been a solid week since the last post. Sorry about that guys, it was a rough week at school. And unfortunately, despite it being spring break, I think posting will still be unreliable, since I have a hard drive to replace. And if the hard drive isn't the problem, then additional components of my computer are going to have to be torn out and replaced. :) I'm sure I'll be able to find computers to keep you all updated if delays are going to be long, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to post.

Anyway, onto the OOC stuff:
Armand: Overrun:
Melee touch attack succeeds
Strength Check [4+13+0=17, fails]
Strength Check (against guard's trip attempt): [17+13+0=30, succeeds]

Guard: Attacks Armand, misses

Dark Robed Figure: Force Lighting
Armand uses Force Defense [13+13=26, +4 to save, -3VP to 1]
Reflex Save: [11+13+4=28, succeeds, half damage (7) taken]
Fortitude save to remain conscious: [6+13+10=29, succeeds]
Armand now has 0VP and 4WP.

It's now Aion's turn to act.

Skreem
14 March 2004, 09:15 PM
Just cuz I want to keep the suspense ;)

Staalis - I'm going to do what we discussed in PM's earlier... :hansolo:

Armand - no-one can say you went down easily... and we all knew that this was inevitable... still tough to see one of us die.

Jedi_Staailis
14 March 2004, 09:15 PM
We've had the first PC death. It's tough to write, so I went minimalist in case Vega would like to add any last words/minor actions. As usual, suggestions are welcome on ways you would like to see these things changed.

Aion: Attacks Guard [1 automatic miss]
[20 automatic hit, confirmation 9+3=12, misses, 9 damage]
Guard hits Aion for 11 damage, 24 VP remaining
Guard recovers from dazed
Guard recovers from dazed
Grey Cloaked misses Le-Alli
Guard hits Myral for 14 damage, 0 VP, 8WP remaining, Fort save [12+6=18, passed]
Bakth attacks various objects, all for automatic hits
Sotonn attacks the grey cloacked man [12+11-5=18 misses]
Guard hits Armand for 16 damage, -12WP
Guard misses Bakth
Guard hits Aion for 9 damage, 15 VP remaining
Le-Alli hits the grey robed figure.
Myral uses heal self [8+7=15, +8 VP to 8 VP and 8 WP]
Guard hits Aion for 6 damage, 9 VP remaining
Dark robed figure takes no actions this round (he's too busy cackling :))
It's now Aion's turn.

Myral and Bakth are now near enough to the door to make their escape, Sotonn and Le-Alli are close (another two meter step before they can escape), and Aion is in the thick of it (roughly four meters of contested bridge terrain before the door).

Edit: Got it, Skreem. I'll write it in as soon as it comes to Sotonn's turn in the initiative. :)

The Ghost
15 March 2004, 07:58 AM
another full attack, waiting for everyone who can to leave.

Vega Secure'A
15 March 2004, 09:15 AM
Well I've had a great time :D This is, well was a great adventure (on my part). I commend you Jedi ;) Just putting the last touches on Armand's last and final IC post. Boo, Hoo :(

Korpil
15 March 2004, 10:34 AM
And so it begins the end....

Jedi_Staailis
15 March 2004, 11:09 AM
It's been a pleasure having you in the game, Vega, especially as you were able to come in and take over Armand on short notice and bulid from a character that had already been started by another player. I hope you'll stick around to read the end of the game. In addition to the end of the primary tale of your group of Jedi, my last post will wrap up the stories of a few of the NPCs your characters have run into over the course of the adventure, which should be of interest (it interested me enough to think about the aftermath, anyway :D).

Vega Secure'A
15 March 2004, 07:06 PM
Don't worry I'll stick around to see the conclusion :D

Jedi_Staailis
16 March 2004, 09:12 PM
Aion: [19+8=27, 14 damage]
Aion: [7+3=12, miss]
Guard hits Aion for 10 damage
Guard misses Le-Alli
Guard hits Le-Alli
Grey cloaked hits Le-Alli
Grey cloaked misses Le-Alli
Guard misses Le-Alli
Bakth: none (presumably, from the post)
Sotonn begins to cut the bridge window

At this point, the guards rolled three straight natural ones. It's nice when the dice cooperate with the story. :)

Guard misses Myral
Guard misses Bakth
Guard misses Aion
Le-All hits grey cloaked

It's now Myral's turn.

Jedi_Staailis
28 March 2004, 07:16 PM
Still waiting on a post from Consul Vido. However, the delay is definitely my fault (and had there been a post in the past ten days or so, I wouldn't have been able to reply). School has been insane lately. In any case, I hope we can get the game finished up in the next few weeks--before finals. :D

Skreem
28 March 2004, 07:45 PM
I wanna see what happens when I break the glass..... if I'm given the opportunity that is ;)

Jedi_Staailis
5 April 2004, 11:40 AM
Once again, I can't keep any semblance of a posting schedule. Sorry guys.

Myral attacks a guard [17+12+6=35, 12 damage]
[4+7+1=12, misses]
Guard misses Aion

Here I assumed a Force point and full attack. It seemed fairly reasonable, from Ghost's IC post.

Aion attacks guard [11+13+8=32, 7 damage]
[9+6+3=18, 7 damage]
Guard hits Le-Alli
Guard misses Le-Alli
Grey cloacked hits Le-Alli
Grey cloacked hits Le-Alli
Guard hits Myral for 12 damage, 0VP remaining

It's now Bakth's turn

Skreem
7 April 2004, 03:55 PM
....slowly we fall.... one by one... jedi by jedi
until BAM we all go flying out the window! POOF! 8o

errr... really - that's not the whole plan, I promise! :)

The Ghost
9 April 2004, 07:42 AM
woah, we had a plan?

Skreem
9 April 2004, 09:25 AM
Ok - so maybe plan was a bit over-zealous... idea? ;)

Jedi_Staailis
9 April 2004, 03:04 PM
errr... really - that's not the whole plan, I promise!
Wait, there's more? It gets crazier? Stop terrorizing the GM with all these off the wall ideas! :D

Skreem
9 April 2004, 05:16 PM
...I thought burst of speed was a pre-req for up the walls... :raised:
Ok ok ok... I admit... that was REALLY bad!

Hmmm... now back to figuring out what to do if I'm actually able to complete this! hahaha 8o

Jedi_Staailis
20 April 2004, 02:47 PM
Thanks Skreem for posting a bit of an IC reminder. I've been fairly busy, and haven't been posting reminders like I normally would do. I'll be able to post another set or two of actions this week if we get the corresponding player posts (watiing on Korpil, for the moment). Next week, however is finals, so there will be no posting from me until after they end. Sorry. :(

Korpil
21 April 2004, 06:26 AM
Well, I'm back from vacations. I had a disastrous weekend during Easter holiday and the hotel promised internet connection and it was not working at all. Later I went to a beach in the Gulf of Mexico and the house we rented had no phone line...

Anyway, I'll post now...

Skreem
4 May 2004, 05:27 PM
Hope finals are treating you well Staalis!

Just wanted to bump this back up to the top a bit... :) Hate having to click the page 2 link... ;)

Jedi_Staailis
4 May 2004, 07:04 PM
Finals are done, and I've just finished moving. Post should be up either tonight or tomorrow. :)