PDA

View Full Version : This Is An Outrage!

TDZKRAWKS
12 June 2003, 12:52 PM
Here's the pm:

Your post on the NR/NJO board
Hi,

I know youíre pretty new here, but just be careful with your posts. I Noticed you used similes, which I think were meant to make it seem like a joke, but just be careful, okay? Iíve edited your post to take out the ďbadĒ smilies.

Hope thatís okay, and welcome to the Holonet !

Jon

TDZKRAWKS
12 June 2003, 01:03 PM
All i did was make a joke by putting u SHOULD BE SORRY and putting mad faces and it was just a joke! (the mad smilies would be the "bad" ones. the guy asked for sum copyrighted stuff that's y i put the post he said he was sorry then i posted my post then i got the pm, then i replied then i made this thread.

TDZKRAWKS
12 June 2003, 01:04 PM
here's my reply: :mad: No it's not, ok!:mad: This is an outrage, it was just a joke, and if sum1 doesn't get it then they can say i was being mean then i'll edit it myself! I know it's ur job, but u should ask b4 u edit sum1's post not tell them after! :mad: I put 23 of these :sabersml:I put 52 of these he'll prob. edit this or get 1 of his buds to!

TDZKRAWKS
12 June 2003, 01:08 PM
Hey, Wedge in Red2, how u like them apples?! HUH, HUH?!

Crin Daroota
12 June 2003, 01:24 PM
Sounds like a simple misunderstanding to me. I don't think you need to get so worked up over it. Just as you think he should have contacted you first, maybe you should have awaited his reply before posting this here--just my 2 creds. Hope I didn't "outrage" you too ;)

(and if you couldn't tell, that last part WAS a joke)

And just to make it 4 creds: It's a friendly site here, man, so I don't think it's out of any malicious intent that Wedge in Red 2 edited your post.

Grimace
12 June 2003, 01:35 PM
I'll speak up here so that you don't catch the brunt from someone who may be a little more worked up about this.

A moderator is under no obligation to tell you before they edit anything. In fact, they are under no obligation to even TELL you why they edited your post.

Wedge in Red2 edited your post because he felt it could be construed as an attack on another member. There are times on a site such as this that even the inclusion of smilies isn't enough to give the appropriate tone and meaning of a post. So while you may have intended the post to be a poking joke, others may not. Wedge was simply erring on the side of caution.

In the future, if you have a problem with a particular call a moderator makes, I suggest that you attempt to clear up any problems with the moderator FIRST, before you post anything like the above. If that doesn't work, your second alternative is to contact one of the two site Administrators. Posting malicious words such as "how do you like them apples" earns you zero points and puts you on a list you don't want to be on.

If you have further comments on this, I suggest you either contact Wedge, myself, Moridin or Armage Bedar via Private Message or email so that this "problem" can be resolved.

Thread closed.