PDA

View Full Version : Order of Battles

Wade Trenor
20 June 2003, 06:26 PM
I've resumed GMing for my gaming group, and where the last GM left off was a month and a half before Balance Point. My players and I want to stick as close as we can to the story and timeline presented in the novels, and my question is: What order did these battles occur in?

Obroa-Skai, Wayland, Ord Mantell, Gyndine, Tynna and Fondor

Thanks for your help! :)

ps: Am I correct in assuming that even though the Vong don't appear in the Force, Force-Sensitives still get their danger warning through the Force-Sensitive skill before Vong attack them?

Nova Spice
20 June 2003, 09:50 PM
Since I'm running an NJO campaign during the exact same time-frame, I'll lend you a hand. ;)

-Obroa-skai (6 months into the war)
-Ord Mantell (6.5 months into the war)
-Wayland (6.7 months into the war)
-Gyndine (8 months into the war)
-Tynna (8.3 months into the war)
-Fondor (9 months into the war)
-Events of Balance Point (10 months into the war)

Am I correct in assuming that even though the Vong don't appear in the Force, Force-Sensitives still get their danger warning through the Force-Sensitive skill before Vong attack them?

Well, I rule no in my game. Since the Vong cannot be sensed, a Force-user's "danger sense" is ineffective against them.

I hope that helps you Wade. ;)

Wade Trenor
20 June 2003, 11:45 PM
I hope that helps you Wade. ;)

It does indeed! Thankyou! :D

Vanger Chevane
21 June 2003, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by Nova Spice
Well, I rule no in my game. Since the Vong cannot be sensed, a Force-user's "danger sense" is ineffective against them.

I would say this as well, with the caveat that if a FS character had some sort of long-term contact with the Vong and had enough of a reason to expand their philosophy & concept of the YV to include them (Anakin's servitude on Yavin and his epiphany with the Lambent, Jacen Solo's "re-education" by Vergere/Nom Anor, Tahiri Veila's shaping) as part of the Force, then it may be possible. Difficult, but not impossible.

Given that the YV's mental processes may be so drasically different than most ppl's, trying to accurately read one, or effect their mind, may be just as impossible as with a Toyudarian or a Hutt, even if the FS character can sense them as easily as any other sentient species.

mojo1701
21 June 2003, 08:37 AM
But, then again, how the Jedi sensed YV with the cloakers was because of the fact that there was a void in the force.