PDA

View Full Version : Chronology Question

Figureman2
24 June 2003, 09:51 PM
I've been browsing through some timelines in the front of the New Jedi Order books, and I've come across an interesting discrepancy. In some timelines, Isard's Revenge is listed as taking place first whereas in other timelines, The Heir to the Empire Trilogy is listed as taking place first. Now, I'm a bit of a chronology freak but I only buy paperbacks. Now that school's over, I can finally read for pleasure again. The last Star Wars book I read was The Courtship of Princess Leia, and I won't get Tatooine Ghost yet since it's not out in paperback as of now.
So my question is this: I must maintain my chronological correctness, so which comes first? Isard's Revenge or Heir to the Empire?
Thanks for your help.

Wedge in Red2
25 June 2003, 03:43 AM
Hi Figureman2,

According to The Ultimate Timeline (http://www.theforce.net/timeline/Sequel.shtml) , quote "The first chapter of Isard's Revenge takes place at the same time as the conclusion to The Last Command". Based on that, not only does Heir to the Empire occur first, but so do Dark Force Rising and most of The Last Command.

I hope that helps. Welcome to the holonet :) (although you've been here 6 months, I don't know if I've seen you or said that).

Jon

P.S. Love the Minsc sig. One of my favourite, if not THE favourite, Baldurs Gate characters.

Figureman2
25 June 2003, 01:42 PM
Jon, thanks for the greeting. I've been here for a while, but I usually stick to the Gamemaster Discussion and d20 Boards. I've had a few good topics there.
Minsc is a great character, although I was always a little upset that he couldn't defend Dynaheir in the second installment. He never left my party once as soon as I got him in either game, of course.
If that's the case, I'll read the Heir to the Empire trilogy as soon as all my stupid school summer reading is complete. Somehow, I doubt that Pride and Prejudice will hold the same kind of excitement as Heir to the Empire or Isard's Revenge.
Thanks for the assistance.

sjard
26 June 2003, 05:59 PM
yeah, i agree, i believe it comes after the original thrawn problem. (currently rereading the xwing set).

sjard

ps Butt kicking for Goodness.

Darth Fury
26 June 2003, 07:30 PM
I think Wedges cronology is correct, as far as I know.

ps "We are All heroes!! You and Boo and I... Hamsters and Rangers everywhere rejioce!!" " SKWEAK! SKWEAK!!"

Wedge in Red2
27 June 2003, 03:26 AM
Alright, I know I started it, but if we want to continue praising Minsc, I think we should do it elsewhere, like C&M. If anyone starts such a thread, posting a link here might be a good idea.

Jon

P.S. "Go for the eyes, Boo, go for the eyes!"
P.P.S. "Now Minsc leads! Swords for everyone!"