PDA

View Full Version : IC: IoT: Episode II.V

farr0095
30 June 2003, 01:20 PM
During the celebration dinner, the heroes give countless retellings of their most recent interactions with the monotonous Trade Federation foot soldiers. As the rest of their cell and a few individuals from neighboring groups disperse for the evening, the foursome unwinds in the mellow illumination from a dim glowlamp in the center of the room.

To one side an artesian strums a delicate melody on a traditional Naboo instrument. The light flickers randomly, emulating the dying embers of a fire on a fall evening. The air in the underground storeroom remains insulated from the colder surface temperatures, but a slight iciness remains in the air, a combination of the low temperatures and the hint of danger of detection.

The tune floats slowly through the air, bringing a calming yet slightly uneasy feeling to the four friends. Across the small floor, a militiaman lights a cigaretta. The sweet, earthy scent floats through the air, along with the music. He offers the pack around the room, then takes up a bottle of red wine and takes a sip, savoring the fruity vintage before passing it amongst the members as well.

Other members of the resistance carry out casual conversation. Their murmurs come barely audible above the gentle music. Certain words leak out from their discreet discussion, such as “Queen”, “escape”, “capture”, and “surrender”.

Howling Wookiee
30 June 2003, 01:52 PM
Ranns sits in a dark corner of the room. He listens off and on to the tune floating around the room. The padawan waves off the pack of cigarettaes that are being passed around the room. However he does take a meger sip from the wine that is passed around. Rann passes it to the next person. The look on the young man's face is grim and somber. It is apparent he is not happy with himself and his actions on the mission. He looks to his friends from the shadows and speaks. His face is hidden in the darkness, "Guys I'm sorry for my actions on the mission. I just.......I just get impatient sometimes. I feel that if I do not do something there will be reprecussions. I understand a Jedi must learn patience but I'm having a hard time grasping that idea. Master Ali-Vor has always told me that I need to slow down and think about my actions before I do something. I sometimes feel that if I sit around and think of what to do the opportunity will pass by." Rann pauses and takes a deep breath, then continues, "I mean.....I mean, " he stampers, "I don't know what I mean. I'm just afraid that if I'm not there for you guys when you need me that something will happen to you and I will have that on my concious forever like my pare..........." He does not finish the last sentence and lets the silence hang in the air with the tune. Rann sinks further into the shadows, hoping to hide his stressful face.

Rogue Janson
30 June 2003, 02:23 PM
In the orange-lit storeroom, a slightly tipsy Arani is busy talking and celebrating. Discussing their brave actions with other resistance members. Adding in witticisms and dramatic exclamations that are not entirely accurate. Doing her best to exeggerate the number of droids she has destroyed and downplay the number Galak has hit. Her slightly manic accounts of their jailbreak always skim over the dead Neimoidian guard they left behind, the terrified look of his partner and the tension and narrowness of their escape.

Arani's stories have managed to catch the attention of a good-looking young militiaman, her interest in chatting him up begins to wane as she spins ever greater exaggerations. The way the guy simply soaks them up enthusiastically tells her he has yet to see any action. Arani's attempts to avoid the issues troubling her fail and she heads off back to her friends angrily.

Rann is sitting unhappily at the edge of the room, talking quietly.

"Guys I'm sorry for my actions on the mission. I just.......I just get impatient sometimes. I feel that if I do not do something there will be reprecussions. I understand a Jedi must learn patience but I'm having a hard time grasping that idea" ......
"I'm just afraid that if I'm not there for you guys when you need me that something will happen to you and I will have that on my concious forever like my pare..........."
Arani's memory is jerked back to the start of their mission. She remembers outlining and discussing a plan, to sneak up on, surprise and capture the guards. Then almost reaching cover when Rann rushes out and assaults the nearest guard. Then everything went downhill. Her anger with Rann rises up. Arani completely misses the final, mumbled part of his speech.
"Too right you need to consider your actions more carefully Rann! We were almost there, we could have snuck up right behind those dozy guards and taken them without any trouble."
"Then you had to go and kill one," she adds hurtfully.

Kanner Ra'an
30 June 2003, 02:49 PM
Galak is thoroughly enjoying himself. Hes smoking a cigaretta and got his hands on a bottle of something, which is now only half full. Galak is still wearing all his weapons and his now seroiuosly torn up armor. He talks with the other resistance members, like Arani exagerating the groups difficulty. He doesn't go into great detail, except when it comes to the number of droids killed and weapons collected.

"Too right you need to consider your actions more carefully Rann! We were almost there, we could have snuck up right behind those dozy guards and taken them without any trouble."
"Give him a break Arani. The prisoners are rescued, the guns are in my hands, and best of all, aside from a few minor exceptions, we're all in one piece. We won, it all turned out good, thats what counts." With that he give Rann a patt on the shoulder then proceeds accross the room to get another cigaretta.

red5_5
30 June 2003, 06:26 PM
Sia-Lan sits in the corner with Rann, but not right on top of him. She doesn't tell anyone the story, since Galak and Arani are having fun telling it to everyone. She politely refuses the wine and pack of cigarettas. Sia has never had a taste for such things. She thinks about their mission. Everything was going good until Rann rushed in and attacked. When he killed the guard. Sia doesn't know if he meant to kill him or not. She will have to keep an eye on this. Her thoughts are cut off by Rann.

"Guys I'm sorry for my actions on the mission. I just.......I just get impatient sometimes. I feel that if I do not do something there will be reprecussions. I understand a Jedi must learn patience but I'm having a hard time grasping that idea" ......

Sia-Lan leans forward, after observing the tense discussion. Carefully choosing her words, she begins, "Well as Master Lo-Jad said: "Learn to recognize when speed is not important. Race when being first is important; move at your own pace at all other times. It is not necesarry to always strike the first blow, to provide the first solution, or to reach a goal before anyone else does. In fact, it is sometimes vital to strike the last blow, to give the final answer, or to arrive after everyone else.""

Howling Wookiee
30 June 2003, 06:52 PM
Rann visibly flinches from the sting of Arani's words. He lets them bite and dig into his mind. He deserves no less. Rann knows he was momentarily out of control, that he knows for sure. But a Jedi does not know pain or pity. He sits up straighter and a more confident look crosses his face. The Padawan is good at burying the pain and suffering of his past and that is clear by the smile on his face. He address the group but the target of his words are directed toward Arani, "That is true Arani, I should not have killed that guard. But I tell you this I would rather have killed that guard than the guard killing you...or Galak or Sia-Lan. My actions might have been rash and reckless but I will justify them as protecting my friends. I'm learning to be more patient and I will accomplish this with the help from you guys." He turns to Galak and tries to change the mood of the conversation, "And next time you want a door open I'll let you do the cutting with the lightsaber." He chuckles after finishing the sentence. Rann sits back and lets the other converse. Rann then listens to Sia-Lan's wise words and he responds, "Your master is a very wise being. He has taught you much and I think we can learn alot from each other. If I stray again Sia-Lan I would like you to correct me on my path. I will do the same for you if you wish." He sits quietly and closes his eyes. He touches the force lightly then grasps it like a hand full of hair. The Padawan can sense the excitement from all the occupants of the room. The joy fills him and he accepts it. He is pulled from his meditative state at the mention of the Queen. He releases his connection and opens his eyes to address the speaker, "What new of the Queen? Is she safe and off planet?"

Rogue Janson
1 July 2003, 03:28 AM
Arani's anger is dulled by Rann's thoughtful response;she recognises the truth in Sia-Lan's words.

"Learn to recognize when speed is not important. Race when being first is important; move at your own pace at all other times. It is not necesarry to always strike the first blow, to provide the first solution, or to reach a goal before anyone else does. In fact, it is sometimes vital to strike the last blow, to give the final answer, or to arrive after everyone else."

"Rann, just because your target's in reach of a strike, doesn't mean it's the best time to strike it. Otherwise Galak would shoot everything he saw. If there's one thing you need to know it's when to attack and when not to. That's the best way to keep everyone safe. Including yourself."

She idly maps out the holes in the back of Galak's armour with a finger. When he jumps with pain, Arani realises she's poked too hard and looks away innocently. Galak turns his head to her.

"You know Galak, it's about time you got a new blast vest. Do they do them in purple?"

Kanner Ra'an
1 July 2003, 04:33 AM
Galak rubs his back and gives Arani a hurt look:( . Then he just takes another sip of wine and mutters something about woolly veermoks going mad when they see purple just loud enough for the group to hear. After a seconds thought he looks down at his uniform and asks "Is it really that bad?"

red5_5
1 July 2003, 02:55 PM
"...If I stray again Sia-Lan I would like you to correct me on my path. I will do the same for you if you wish."

"I will help you as much as I can and I would like it if you would correct me if I went off the Jedi path," Sia replies. Now that she knows Rann would like help staying on the Jedi path, she asks, "Were you trying to kill the Neimodian?" She Hopes that he is going to give her an honest answer. Sia hopes that he didn't mean to kill him. If he did want to kill him he could be on a path to the dark side, and she doesn't know if she could guide him off of it. She sits back and waits for his reply.

farr0095
1 July 2003, 04:35 PM
"What new of the Queen? Is she safe and off planet?"

By now the idle chatter amongst the other cell members has died off, instead they listen to the discussion raging amongst their heroes. Suddenly the four friends have flaws that make them fallible like the rest of the room’s inhabitants. The music continues to trickle along, keeping the air somewhat light for those not discussing the Padawan’s actions in the plaza earlier in the day. As Rann glances to the few speaking of the Queen, he finds them staring at him, waiting for his response to his peers’ questions and comments.

Howling Wookiee
1 July 2003, 06:25 PM
The young Jedi Padawan looks at the others in the room as they stare at him and do not respond. It is apparent that they have their full attention on the Heroes discussion and nothing more. Rann shrugs and addresses Arani's statements, "I realize my shortcomings and I will also learn from my mistakes. That is what makes me different from others. I can identify my mistakes and learn from them. A being that does not learn from his mistakes and continues to repeat them is dangerous, more dangerous than a Wookiee with mite fleas. I assure you all that I've learned my mistake and have taken the appropriate decisions not to repeat them." Having finished conversing with Arani, he turns his attention to Sia-Lan, "I did not kill the Neomodian out of lust. I was jumping to the conclusion that he might see us and wanted to take that factor out of the problem. It was purely a rash decision and poor judgement. It will not happen again." Rann tries to change the mood of the conversation again and pokes fun at Galak, "Yeah, purple goes good with your eyes Galak. Maybe a matching purple felt gun belt will complete the look." Rann laughs at himself loudly. It is evident that the Padawan wants to change the course of the conversation to something besides his shortcomings as a Jedi.

red5_5
2 July 2003, 08:50 AM
Seeing that Rann doesn't want to continue on the subject Sia-Lan says, "I agree with Rann you would look good in purple!" She starts laughing with Rann and hopes that it will change the subject from Rann. She is still worried about Rann, but if he doesn't do anything like this again it was probably just a fluke. She hopes it was just a fluke.

Kanner Ra'an
2 July 2003, 09:01 AM
"Oh sure, annoy the heavily armed one," He turns to Arani, at the same time making sure the Jedi get a good look at his weapons. " Correct me if im wrong but didn't you hear Jedi were supposed to be smart." He says, trying his best not laugh with the padawans.

Rogue Janson
2 July 2003, 02:45 PM
Arani is pleased the conversation has moved on to one of her more favoured subjects. She endeavours to string Galak along as far as possible.
"But you see Galak, the simplicity of the Jedi costume makes for a much more focused style. The ragged soldier look went out with the Stark conflict."

"Yeah, purple goes good with your eyes Galak. Maybe a matching purple felt gun belt will complete the look."
She steps over to Sia-Lan to view Galak from the Padawan's angle.
"Definitely felt is the material of choice for the young security officer out and about in today's Theed," Arani says, wagging her finger in authoritative fashion. "Now if we add, say a lemon blouson, the armour will keep that in tight around the body, but allow the sleeves to puff out. Finally, Galak, you really must do something about those accessories. Trade Federation blasters might be functional, but they'll win you no points for style."
Even Rann is laughing along now and Galak's reddening cheeks suggest he is having difficult keeping a straight face (though it could just be the wine).

farr0095
2 July 2003, 03:38 PM
The room fills with soft laughter, overshadowing the melodic tunes that continue in spite of the merriment. As the mirth begins to subside, one of the other militiamen speaks up from across the room. Feeling pity on the young soldier, the cell member changes the course of the conversation. He looks to Rann, addressing the Padawan’s earlier query.

“Jedi,” he starts, identifying the young Padawan incorrectly, “you asked about the Queen. I heard she died in the initial assaults.”

“No you fool,” his companion retorts abrasively. His speech comes out slightly slurred, and even in the dim light from the glowlamp, the four friends can plainly see that the wine has glazed blurred his vision in some degree. “There’s no way she died! I know because I saw her get led out of the palace surrounded by those damn droid guards. She was captured right away. There’s no hope of her being safe now.”

A young woman with striking red hair leans forward and slaps the intoxicated man on the shoulder. “Myn! You’re a dope. If she had been captured, they would have forced an armistice. We’d be even more screwed then we are now.”

Leaning against a wall, a gentleman with peppered gray hair and a matching goatee speaks up from his perch. His face displays mild scars earned years before, and his eyes remain shut. Calming and soothing, his voice flows gently along with the melody. It comes as a sharp contrast to the ragged appearance of his clothing and gear. “I hear she snuck off planet in her royal cruiser. They say that its distinctive image blasted out of the royal hangar; furthermore, no one has seen her in any of the prison camps.”

A few sets of eyes roll around the room. Myn grumbles about the old man’s borderline senility, although the red-haired woman obviously wants to believe the older man’s story. Several murmurs break out around the room, discussing the probabilities of each of the theories.

Rogue Janson
3 July 2003, 09:58 AM
Arani turns to discuss the matter of the Queen's situation with her friends.
"If the Trade Federation had captured the Queen, wouldn't they be making a show of it to demoralise the resistance? So maybe she escaped. Or maybe she was killed; there might be a big incident if the senate found out about that."
She is unsure about the last idea - the machinations of Galactic politics have always escaped Arani. If the Trade Federation can invade Naboo, maybe they can kill Queen Amidala and get away with it. Then again, perhaps a Rebublic fleet is on its way right now to smash the occupation. She likes the idea, but doubts the Senate would authorise it. Senator Palpatine is a little bit of a mystery to Arani. He is not from one of the Theed noble houses. Though Naboo is a vibrant democracy, much of its politics is inspired by the example of Alderaan, including a strong tradition of political involvement in noble families. In fact Arani realises she knows nothing about Palpatine's origins. She presumes he must have worked his way steadily up, and continued once he got to the Senate.

Realising her brow has furrowed with the effort of considering all that, Arani shakes her head to clear it out and dives back into the conversation.

"It's important for the resistance to find out what happened to Queen Amidala though, don't you think?"

Kanner Ra'an
3 July 2003, 11:23 AM
Galak considers whats been said. "Makes sense for her to get off planet. We sure dont have the men to protect her. Plus the senates pretty much our only hope." Those words sting Galak. The fact that naboos fate rest in the hands of a bunch of politicians who couldn't agree on trade comissions scares him more then battle droids ever could.

"It's important for the resistance to find out what happened to Queen Amidala though, don't you think?"

"I dont see why. We need troops and weapons, not politicians. The only way she is helpful is if shes off planet and sending a few dozen dreadnuats this way. Besides their right, if shes on planet then she'll have signed the armistice and the trade federation would be rubbin it in our faces."

Galak lets his words sink in. He blames all politicians for the mess naboo is in. The last thing he wants is some bureaucrat coming in and trying to run the show so they look good in the next election. "Lets face it, theirs a time for diplomacy and a time to fight. Diplomacy died when those AATs rolled through theed." His face shows that he is dead serious.

OOC: Ok not good words for someone trained to protect the queen, but what'ca going do.

Howling Wookiee
3 July 2003, 02:51 PM
Rann listens to Galak and Arani's statements. He nods at some places and shakes his head at other times. He chimes in along the same route, "Well I'm sure the Jedi Council has sent representatives here to Naboo to help settle with the illegal invasion of Theed. I am sure Master Windu and Master Yoda are not going to sit by and let these so called business me take over an entire planet." Rann rubs his chin in thought for a moment, "I'm sure the Queen is safely off planet. Like you said earlier if not the Trade Feds would be rubbing it in our face. However the Queen is not our responsibility, the invading forces that are trying to take over Naboo is our responsibility. I feel if we help Naboo and its people we will eventually aide the Queen." The padawan fluffs his robes and wraps them tighter around him. "In my opinion we need to continue what we are doing, striking at the forces from with in." Rann finishes in silence. He looks around the room for disapproving shaking of heads or the nodding of the heads by his fellow Nubian rebels.

red5_5
3 July 2003, 07:34 PM
"Well I'm sure the Jedi Council has sent representatives here to Naboo to help settle with the illegal invasion of Theed. I am sure Master Windu and Master Yoda are not going to sit by and let these so called business me take over an entire planet."

"I agree," Sia-Lan says, "This is probably the hottest topic in the Senate right now and if the Queen escaped she would go there to get the support of the Senate." Sia hopes the Queen got away, and is still alive, because she is one of the only people to get the Senate into gear and get some help. Maybe Senator Palpatine is working on it right now. Hopefully this occupation will end soon, because if it doesn't lots of innocent people will die.

farr0095
4 July 2003, 04:15 PM
A man sitting across from Sia-Lan and Rann spits a brown glob that results from his chewing on some local root. His eyes narrow and a single eyebrow rises as the sides of his mouth dip into a scowl. “Ha!” he barks abruptly. “Nothing will come from the Senate. It’s a worthless body of inaction lightyears from here. What do they care for our problems? They’re more likely to pass a bill congratulating themselves on takin’ a piss than help us!”

Another round of murmurs circles the room. Someone from behind the group of friends starts to speak up, but the dissident cuts him off. “Even if the Senate did hear about our problems, what’s going to get them to do something? The Trade Federation has half of them on their payroll! Even if we got onto some damn ballot, the Federation goons would never allow the Senate to send us help. Besides, what would the Senate do to help us? Impose sanctions? How the heck would that help us now? We’re down here starving and dying, and they’d tell the Trade Federation they couldn’t do so much trade. Of course that would get taken care of with a few bribes and they’d be back to business as usual.”

None of his companions dare stop him now. The irate individual has started on a roll; he continues after a short pause to take a long pull on a liberated bottle he grasps in one arm. He stares daggers at Rann and the next barrage comes while the soldier glares at the Padawan, “You mention your Jedi Council. They fare only slightly better than their Senatorial masters. Until the Senate tells the Jedi to fetch, they are kept on a tight leash, prohibited from taking any action. And who’s going to pass the motion to allow the Jedi to come here? No one.”

His last words bring a chill to the room as their echo slowly fades away. Hushed arguments quickly spark around the room, many taking offense at the man’s latest comments. His statements burn sharply into a select few; he made his point clearly.

Kanner Ra'an
4 July 2003, 06:10 PM
Galak listens to the irate Nabooian. The man offers much the same views as Galak, but in a more drunken manor. " Ya your right, the republic is as useful as a Gungan basic teacher. Unfortunatly were one planet against a federation. You think you find some fraggin way to get rid of these sithspawn feddies then speak up, otherwise sit your sithin @ss down and shut the spast up." Galak has fire in his words. His comments were more stratagy and importance, but all this drunk is doing is shifting focus off the trade federation and onto the Jedi. That does nothing but hurt the resistance. Galak puts down his bottle and stands up, making it quite clear that he was not requesting.

red5_5
7 July 2003, 10:18 AM
"I believe that new leadership would help the Senate a lot," Sia says, "But it is not useless yet, many senators still have the future of the Republic in their minds." She doesn't like how this man offends the Council. But every person has their own views. "I'm sure the Jedi Council would do something to neutralize this situation, especially now that it is worse than ever," Sia hopes this will put many peoples doubts to rest, "The Jedi Order doesn't always have to bow down to the Senate."

Howling Wookiee
7 July 2003, 01:41 PM
Rann remains silent as the man voices his opinions. He does however arch an eyebrow as the man criticizes the Jedi Council, but continues to remain silent. The padawan lets the man finish then waits for Sia-Lan's rebuttal. After his fellow padawan finishes Rann speaks up, "You are entitled to your opinion, regardless how unlogical it is. The Senate does need to make some changes but like my friend here has stated there are others in the Senate with the best intentions of the Republic in mind. And as far as the Jedi Council is concerned.....one of the main reaons you have the freedom to voice your opinion is the Jedi and our peace keeping missions and overthrowning oppressors like the Trade Federation. Without the Jedi the galaxy would be more harsh and criminals running amuck. I'm sure the Council has dispacthed Jedi to Naboo to seek a hopefully peacful solution. If the Neomodians do not accept this solution, I feel for them." Rann finishes his statement still seated. He looks over toward Galak and motions for the soldier to sit down, "He's drunk and is entitled to his opinion. We do not need fighting within when we have a fight out there," he points out toward the city. Rann remains motionless and quiet after his speech.

Rogue Janson
7 July 2003, 02:19 PM
The Naboo soldier's tirade takes Arani aback a bit. She can see where his criticisms of the Senate come from - though Queen Amidala seems to put great faith in the institution - but the attack on the Jedi is out of the blue, especially considering the two that are already here helping the resistance. The guy's drunk, she muses, what can you expect.

The thought that there might not be anyone out there to help the Naboo is one that scares her though. Can they really hope to drive off the Trade Federation on their own? So far the resistance seems to have been limited to rescue, arms raids and reconaissance missions. If it comes down to it she doubts they have the strength to overcome the Federation's inexhaustible droid armies. Maybe they'll even have to learn to live under the Trade Federation's oppression.

Arani sits down with her friends and voices her thoughts.

"I suppose we have to work on the idea that no-one's going to help us. Then we're prepared if it happens. I know it's early, but we need to look forward and think about how we might defeat the Trade Federation on Naboo."

farr0095
8 July 2003, 05:25 PM
While the group of young heroes responded to the drunken militiaman, they clearly saw his restrained attempts to contradict their retorts. Even if his attitude irritates others in the room, and even if he continues to drink like an opee sea monster, he maintains a level of willpower allowing them to speak their minds in return. He makes for an interesting adversary.

As Arani’s words fade into the cellar’s night air, he takes another sip from his bottle and sits back. The glowlamp sparkles against his eyes, his brow furrowing as he breathes deeply. His eyes gaze to the ceiling for a moment before a full exhalation expels most of the air in his lungs. The four friends receive a momentary shock, suddenly glad that their source of light is a glowlamp instead of an open flame; the resulting fumes from the man’s breath might have well turned into an explosion.

“I agree with you, young lady,” he begins, looking to Arani. “We have to think of what’s next for us. Far be it from me to make strategy, but I think we have to plan for a way to overcome this invasion.” A collective sigh from several of the other cell members whispers through the room; Rann senses the collective appreciation for the man choosing not to continue with the merits and detriments of the Jedi. “We have to count the Queen out. She’s been captured or killed or surrendered. When we defeat these illegal invaders, we’ll have to start over with a new Queen and elected officials. Ones that would not allow this to happen in the first place.”

The recent sigh becomes a gasp of shock at the statement. Before anyone can speak up to argue with him, he quickly continues. “But that’s still not the here and now. The only way to defeat the Trade Federation is to figure out what they really want from us and then do everything possible to deny them that option. We can take them out with attrition, but really the key is to find their leaders and strike them at the core.”

Howling Wookiee
8 July 2003, 05:44 PM
Rann watches the old, drunk man intently as he makes his statement. Many rebuttals formulate in the padawan's head as he listens to the man, but he does not voice them. He remembers his own statement, "He is entitled to his own opinions." But finally the man starts talking about putting a end to the invasion, or atleast an idea. Rann thinks this old man might be full of hot air but he does have age and experience on his side. After the man has finished, Rann chimes in, "I agree. We need to hit the Trade Federation were it hurts. And I tell you that taking out those battle droids are not hurting the Trade Feds. They will just spit out more. I agree we need to hit some high ranking officials in the Fed. That's gonna be hard with the Neomodians being cowards and all. I'm sure they are not gonna waltz down one of the main streets in Theed." Rann rubs his chin in thought for a moment. He continues, "What if we could locate the command center of the Feds, probably the palace I would think. We could possibly infiltrate the palace and have a 'discussion' with the ring leaders around here. What do you guys think?" The Jedi Padawan waits to hear comments on his suggestion.

Rogue Janson
9 July 2003, 03:16 AM
Arani nods in agreement with what Rann is saying, then pauses and thinks for herself. The droid army seems to have few weaknesses, numerous and controlled from afar. There are some Neimoidian personnel on planet, like the ones they have seen.

"We're certainly not going to win by just destroying battle droids the Feds can replace for the cost of a nerf burger. I think they're controlled from orbit too, so we can't hope to knock out their processor unless we get up into space. I'd guess most of the Federation Neimoidians are safely up there too, but if we try and find the highest ranking ones on planet we can make them pay."

Still, none of these ideas provided a quick solution to the occupation and Arani finds thinking about a drawn out war very difficult. In its peaceful history, Naboo has never been subject to anything like this. She finds - unusually - she has some trouble talking about it, a lump growing in her throat.

"First we need to make sure the Resistance can survive and grow. That means finding and making safe areas, getting weapons and disrupting Federation searches. Then we worry about getting information together and really hurting the Feds."

That still leaves most of the Naboo population in the Trade Federation's concentration camps. Arani wishes she could find a good reason for the resistance to break them out, but with nowhere to go, the Trade Federation would just pick them up again. She knows most of her family are probably in the camps and for a moment envies the two Jedi, without any links to Naboo.

Kanner Ra'an
9 July 2003, 06:51 AM
Galak listens to the comments, taking in each of them wiht careful consideration. He agrees that taking out the droids would be fruitless. The idea that the Nemodian leaders might be a good target has occured to him before, but the fact that they stay in strongholds and on their ships rather then lead their troops makes them hard to eliminate. Officer droids are the next step down, and like the others, it is meaningless to take them out. The resistance seems to desperatly need real intellegance to do any damage to the Federation, which is going to be hard as the citizens of Naboo are locked up.

Galak then hears Rann

"What if we could locate the command center of the Feds, probably the palace I would think. We could possibly infiltrate the palace and have a 'discussion' with the ring leaders around here. What do you guys think?"

"It's a great idea, but at this point not a practicle one. We dont have the firepower or numbers to get past all the defenses. Those AAT's would rip us to shreds, not to mention the 1001 of those sithin droidikas they probably got guardin them inside. Maybe we should try and demolish the palace outright. Its big as coruscant but between me and Rann we can cause anything to blow up. If that doesn't hurt the feds......" He lets the sentence go unsaid. He knows that his idea probably wont go through. The peaceful people of Naboo would be hard pressed to go to such lengths to defeat the federation. In his mind however, such things are the best thing the resistance could do.

Rogue Janson
9 July 2003, 09:23 AM
"Its big as coruscant but between me and Rann we can cause anything to blow up."
Despite her mood, Arani laughs out loud at Galak's comment.

"That depends whether the Trade Federation's booby trapped the palace to explode though doesn't it Galak?"

red5_5
10 July 2003, 02:30 PM
"I don't know where the Federation is weakest, but I have a feeling that we will find out sooner or later," Sia-Lan says, "It could take us days, months, or even years. By then the Republic should have done something." Sia-Lan thinks for a moment, "My biggest concern is finding out how the people of Naboo are being treated in the camps. If they are treated well, then we could allow this war to last a while. If not then we have to find a quick end to it to break them out of their suffering."

Kanner Ra'an
10 July 2003, 06:29 PM
"My biggest concern is finding out how the people of Naboo are being treated in the camps. If they are treated well, then we could allow this war to last a while. If not then we have to find a quick end to it to break them out of their suffering."

Galak shakes his head. "We cant let our feelings get in the way. The Federation isn't going to just kill them off, that would be like calculating your own coordinates for the final jump. They might be suffering, but they'll survive. And we cant let them drive us into doing something rash and killing Naboo's only chance." At the same time Galak beleves what he said and wants to kivk himself for saying it.

farr0095
10 July 2003, 06:45 PM
The conversation continues idly, beginning to wind down as the alcohol works its effects on those partaking and general fatigue sets in to the rest of the group. As the discussion dies, the talks remain focused on how to best wipe out the Trade Federation. No one creates a feasible plan, and the consensus becomes that the leaders of the Underground will create viable options.

The group partially disperses, although many remain in the cellar for their place of rest. In the quiet hours, however, not all the members of this cell sleep; several keep a guard over their comrades, some strike out on clandestine missions, and even more toil away into the wee hours that begin to see the light of day.

Morning comes bringing with it a flurry of activity. Lucos Dannt gives his former students and recent star operatives a reprieve and allows them to take the day to themselves. Throughout the morning, the four continually receive visitors coming to meet the heroes who staged a daring rescue in Theed itself. The friends have become more than just a group of comrades, their story has idolized them as a gallant team of operatives.

They receive a mild pardon from the stream of attention as they gather for a mid-day meal. Sharing spiced rations pilfered from a nearby farm, the foursome takes a moment to laugh at their instant celebrity status. Halfway through their meal, a vocal communication ripples through the cell that a new team of operatives has arrived.

This group has recently fought their way out of a nasty surprise they found in an outlying suburb of Theed. Breaking into a local hospital to gather supplies, they had begun their departure from the building when they encountered a roaming patrol of battle droids. Fighting their way out through no less than two squads of droids, they escaped with the badly needed supplies.

Unfortunately, for the team, the squads managed to call for reinforcements thereby eliminating primary escape route for the Resistance Team. Cut off from their primary base of operations, the group snaked their way through the series of hidden passages, finally finding this manor.

The interruption grew as a clamor of handclapping, backslapping and general words of thanks echo in the hall leading to the cellar. As the four friends look up to discern the source of the commotion, they receive a happy surprise. A figure dressed in flowing dark colored robes - in the most recent fashions available on Naboo or through his source of shady merchants - bursts rambunctiously through the doorway; instantly the four friends recognize their devious and crafty Twi’lek cohort, Deel Surool.

coldskier0320
11 July 2003, 11:09 AM
Deel strides confidently into the room, exchanging greetings and handshakes with several of the people he passes and grinning and waving to several young female resistance members. As he works his way through the crowded room, he fishes around in his voluminous robes, finally retrieving a cigarette. Frowning down into the pack, he realizes he’s lost his lighter somewhere along the way. Within moments, however, a helpful friend from somewhere in the gathered group tosses him one. Deel thanks the man with a truly stunning smile before indulging in his vice.

Somewhere along the line, Deel recognizes four familiar faces in the corner of the cellar. There was Arani, with whom he’d narrowly escaped trouble many times, Galak, who he’d often practiced his shooting skills with, and Rann and Sia-lan, the Jedi, who, much to their credit, had managed to see past Deel’s less-than-scrupulous track record and befriend the charismatic twi’lek.

“Well, I see the resistance is accepting just about anyone, they must really be pressed for recruits.” Deel teases the assembled group through a sly grin. After taking a seat, he relates his story, incredibly happy to finally be with a group he intimately trusts.

“I heard about your little jaunt the other night, kudos. By now I think I know why you fine people didn’t face many patrols, they were all after us! That was some time we had. It was terrible, I just got this robe!”
Deel directs his friends’ attention to a small tear in the bottom of his outfit.

“This was the latest fashion straight out of Teeron’s of Coruscant! A real core piece, not this local garb, that could be called “body-covering” at best. The walking trash-heap that was shooting at me when I caught it on that piece of broken transparisteel deserved every blast he took. And then! As I was checking to see how badly it was torn, another of those…those fiends shot at me, luckily, he only grazed my arm, and even more luckily, my sleeve was pulled up, so he didn’t toast my robe.”
At this, Deel pulls up his sleeve to reveal a dark stripe across his right forearm, his gold eyes creased in a wince.

“It’s not that bad, one of the guys from my other team said it would be sore for a while, but it would be fine. All I know is that it hurt like blazes when I bumped it off of the side of the door coming in here.”
Deel lightly caresses his “wound” as he continues, “I heard that you fine folks had gotten yourselves involved in this little fling so I asked Lucos Dannt if I might get moved over to your group. As of now, I’m officially with you guys!”

Deel gives this time to sink in as he flicks his cigarette butt out a small basement window.

Rogue Janson
11 July 2003, 01:55 PM
Arani's initial surprise and joy at seeing Deel is dampened only slightly when he starts to talk. She tries not to laugh as he relates his story and her look becoming more condescending as he goes on. Arani looks Deel up and down, frowning.
"Did you steal this from some hapless Neimoidian guard?"
Trying to keep a look of distaste on her face, she picks at Deel's "core piece", pulling at loose threads, both real and imaginary. "Maybe if you had some decent Naboo made clothes they wouldn't fall apart on you like this. So I'm not sure if we can accept you into our group unless you're appropriately dressed. If you've been getting shot - have you thought about trying to avoid it? - maybe a stylish combat jumpsuit like Galak's is in order?"
She gestures at Galak's tattered armour, at which Deel can't help but wince.

Breaking into a smile, Arani throws an arm round Deel's shoulders.
"I suppose we can take you on. We can use you as a decoy - that outfit should dazzle and confuse any battle droid's targetting sensors."

Kanner Ra'an
11 July 2003, 03:34 PM
"Hey Deel, glad to see you again. Ya, really tradedy about the ra...clothes." Galak is happy to see the Twi'lek safe, and surprised to him working for the resistance. Not that Deel isn't a good shot, actually the opposite is true. Its just Galak cant understand how he found a blaster to match his clothes. "So your with us now. Sure your ready for the big leagues." Galak procedes to make sure Deel knows everything that their group has acomplished, with some minor substitutions, such as changing battle droid to repulsar tank.

Howling Wookiee
12 July 2003, 05:16 AM
Rann sits quietly in one corner of the basement in a Jedi rejuevenating trance. The padawan's mind is calm and clear as he light taps into the Force to clarify his mind for the morning. Every life force in the basement flickers lightly with the Force, some brighter than others. Just as Rann is about to leave his force trance a vibrant becon in the force enters the room. A smile crosses Rann's face as he immediately recognizes this Force signature. If the other life forces in the room are compared to a candle in the dark, Deel's is a blaster cannon bolt. The Jedi padawan opens his eyes slowly and notices his Twi'lek friend talking with Arani and Galak, he rises from the floor and dusts off his robes to meet the "scandalous" being. Rann approaches Deel as two brothers might see each other after a long time apart, "Deel my friend, it is good to see you. And by the Force you are all right." Rann chuckles at Deel's tragic wardrobe story. Rann looks at Deel, then his clothes, then to his pack, "I might have something that is in your color and more practical in my pack. I might have another Jedi robe in there. It is a little more durable and the brown matches your green skin perfectly.....". Rann can't finish the sentence from laughing loudly. He slaps the Twi'lek on the shoulder, "Glad you here old friend. I feel the group is complete now." Rann looks around the basement at all the resistance fighters then takes in his four friends, then smiles.

red5_5
13 July 2003, 09:07 AM
Sia-Lan sits quietly in a soft couch meditating on the Force. She hasn't gotten any answers from the force yet. She hopes it will give her at least one answer. While in the trance she can feel the life of Naboo. This place is so full of life and different lifeforms. She hopes to one day see the reclusive Gungans, and spend time learning about their culture. She can feel the familiar presence of Rann, Galak, and Arani. All of a sudden she feels a great happiness about the place. She is confused because she feels the presence of another friend, Deel, but she can't find him with her eyes. Is the Force playing a trick on her? She looks over to Rann and sees him run over to the presence in happiness. It must be him! Sia jumps out of the couch in happiness and runs towards Deel. She laughs at the comments about his wardrobe, especially the one Rann made. She comments, "If you're going to be hanging around Rann and Galak you had better get some clothes that are non-flammable!" By the Force she is happy!

coldskier0320
14 July 2003, 03:44 PM
Deel takes all the teasing from his friends with a mixture of mock-shame and nostalgic satisfaction. It was good to be back among friends, and, although the loner in him didn't like to admit it, he'd worried terribly about his friends' safety. Seeing them all here, together, made him forget all about the unsightly marring of his garment.

As Deel listens to his friends, he lights another of his expensive, spicy-sweet smelling cigarettes. He took a few moments to enjoy finally having a smoke in celebration rather than needing one for stress relief. The cynic in him also thought it ironic than on a war-torn planet, in an abandoned basement, safety light years away, himself wearing a tattered, now terribly ugly robe and toting a blaster out of necessity rather than show, he was as happy as he had been in years.

"Did you steal this from some hapless Neimoidian guard?"

Deel scoffs at the suggestion his oftentimes-accomplice makes,

"I should say not! Those...those pathetic-at-best excuses for traders wouldn't know fashion if it took the form of a bantha and sat on their heads! Have you seen those hopelessly ridiculous hat-things they wear?! Almost like they're making a statement or something! No, my dear Arani, this fine thread was just shipped in to me two weeks ago, i bought it through one of my contacts from my man at Teeron's."

...repulsar tank.

"AATs eh? Yeeaaah. I'm suuure. Well, if you really did, then I am indeed out of my league, then again, as far as fast-talking goes, i believe it is you, my friend, who is outclassed. But that's ok, when i get in trouble, its nice to know I have a good shot like you at my side. Honestly, though, did you guys face any of those rolling blaster, destroyer droid things? I know we didn't, thank Xendor, I hear they lay down blaster fire like a 'fresher puts out water, only faster and louder. I also hear they have their own shielding!"

Deel shudders at the thought of what a destroyer droid might do to his wardrobe, given half the chance.

"I might have something that is in your color and more practical in my pack. I might have another Jedi robe in there. It is a little more durable and the brown matches your green skin perfectly....."

The more Rann talks, the more horrified Deel becomes, and you can tell it to look at the young twi'lek's face.

"You have absolutely GOT to be kidding me...those Jedi robes are...ahhh..."

He slowly runs down, not wanting to hurt his Jedi friends' feelings,

"Well, let's just say the day I get in tune with the Force and go off to Coruscant is the day i get fitted for one of those getups."

He finalizes this with a wink;), just to let Rann know that while Deel thinks the whole Jedi thing is noble, and even cool, its just not his cup of stim tea.

"If you're going to be hanging around Rann and Galak you had better get some clothes that are non-flammable!"

Deel pauses a moment to flash Sia-Lan another of his signature smiles, before speaking,

"Isn't that the truth! But do they make flame retardant half-capes? If they do, I'll be sure to wear one to the next blasterfight i get invited to! Provided they have it in my size and in a good color, of course."

Halfway through his second cigarette since sitting down with his friends, he leans out of the circle of people and exhales out the window. As he sits down, he nods indicatively toward Galak,

"Minions of Xendor, boy! What in blazes did you do to deserve getting perforated like that?! You look like you got caught between a pair of mating acklays!!!"

Howling Wookiee
15 July 2003, 05:56 PM
Rann has a mock look of hurt on his face as Deel tries to but does not finish critizing the Jedi's robes. The young padawan holds open his robes and turns around as if modeling the garb, "What this brown does not bring out my features?" Rann chuckles at himself. He is too serious all the time and it feels good for him to kid around with his friends. However his face returns serious as he releases his robes, apparently self-concious of his actions are not proper for a Jedi. He shrugs embarassed, "Oh well. On your 'adventure' did you see anything that would help the resistance in any way?" Leave it to Rann to break the good mood and fun with getting back to business.

Kanner Ra'an
15 July 2003, 07:54 PM
"Oh well. On your 'adventure' did you see anything that would help the resistance in any way?" Leave it to Rann to break the good mood and fun with getting back to business.

Every fiber in Galak tells him not to let Rann ruin the fun, or the chance to insult Deel. "Never mind that, how in the force did you avoid being crushed by a frieghter. With those robes any captain could easily mistake you for a landing becon." Right after he finishes Deel looks towards Arani in mock horror. Galak takes a long drag out of his cigeretta and secrely dumps the ashes in Deels pocket, all the while the Twi'lek is oblivious. When Deel turns back Galak simply takes a swig of water and puts the cigeretta back in his mouth.

Rogue Janson
16 July 2003, 10:40 AM
"Maybe the next time we go on a jaunt into Theed we can raid a tailors," Arani suggests. "I think we're all going to have to start learning to love green and grey though."

From her occasional covert expeditions at the House of Learning, she recognises the value of having some clothes that blend in with the surroundings. Of course someone like Deel wouldn't be seen dead in any kind of camouflage, but here the whole point was not to be seen and not to be dead. A certain senes of practicality overrides her more superficial tastes.

"What do you say Deel, do you think we could put together some outfits that still have a certain sense of style but don't shout 'I'M OVER HERE, SHOOT ME' like yours seems to? I do hear the military look is just coming back into fashion after all..."

Surrounded by Naboo security militia, with an army occupying her planet, Arani muses idly that clearly in some quarters the military never goes out of fashion.

red5_5
17 July 2003, 12:27 PM
Sia-Lan wants to know more about Deel's adventure. Knowing that Rann would like to hear more too she repeats his question. Maybe this will get some answers. "On your mission did you see anything that would help the resistance in any way? Rann and I would like to know." Knowing that she won't be very popular right now, she only asks this one question. She hates to break the mood but it is an important question. Any information is needed right now, especially if the Republic never comes.

farr0095
20 July 2003, 06:49 PM
The conversation continues idly and the rest of the afternoon becomes a blur as the friends catch up on their recent activities. Their stories entertain other members of their cell, and a few from nearby units that manage to sneak over to hear the heroic tales. Day turns into night, allowing another, smaller celebration before an early lights-out call whispers through the cellars.

The occasional shriek of passing patrols rattles the windows of the house throughout the night. All power and light sources remain extinguished for the evening, masking the group’s position from the tireless sensors on the automated soldiers. Sleep comes less easily; each day lets the oppressive Trade Federation strengthen its hold on the passive planet of Naboo, and reduces the Resistance’s chance of providing liberation to the planet’s citizens.

OOC: To Be Continued... (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13299)