PDA

View Full Version : OoC: Call of the Gods

Vreel Kudarin
19 July 2003, 05:14 AM
This is the Out of Character thread for the Yuuzhan Vong Campaign: Call of the Gods.

Call of the Gods is a campaign charting the paths to glory of a group of Yuuzhan Vong characters. It begins shortly before the Yuuzhan Vong invasion of the Star Wars galaxy, on the worldship Rasau Tass. Currently the players are Rogue Janson, farr0095, Kanner Ra'an, Red5_5, Consul Vido, and Darthspectre84.

---------

A long time ago, near a galaxy far far away....

Through the eternal, all-enveloping darkness of intergalactic space, an extensive convoy of rocky discs drift ever closer to a shining mass of stars. Appearing tiny against the vastness of the firmament, each of these objects is in fact over ten thousand metres in diameter. The worldships of the Yuuzhan Vong are nearing their Promised Land.

For the ancient worldship Rasau Tass, the long journey is coming to an end. Generation upon generation of Yuuzhan Vong, chosen of the True Gods, have lived and died on Rasau Tass. They had known nothing outside the sprawling organic caverns of the gigantic, faltering yorik-coral vessel.

The worldships are aging. Their life-support functions are failing. Some doubted the Supreme Overlord's ability to lead his people to their new worlds. But now the giant dovin basals at the core of each worldship stir. They reach out to the gravity fields of the Promised Land, and draw the Yuuzhan Vong towards their destiny...

---------

All the usual guidelines apply (take a look at Tim's (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12978) from Paths of the Force for a good idea of these) the most important of which is, as always, the word of the GM is final. I shall endeavour to be fair and provide an enjoyable environment in which to RP (should that be torturous and horrifying environment in this case?)

Posting In Character will be present tense, as it creates a feeling of things not being so 'fixed', and keeps the campaign feeling immediate.

Sometimes characters may experience something that the others do not, in which case I'll PM players privately, to keep things as 'realistic' as possible.

Once I start up the Call of the Gods proper, if you're not sure about what you're planning to post at any point, or you have any issues to discuss/questions etc, comments on what's happening in the campaign, whatever, bring them up in this thread, or PM me.

Things we need to finalise before starting the campaign are stats for characters (obviously) as well as stuff like how shaping will work.

I look forward to being your GM, and hopefully we'll all enjoy the campaign!

Rogue Janson
19 July 2003, 05:39 AM
Characters should use a 30 point buy for their abilities and start at level 1.
Material from all the sourcebooks may be used, and probably even unofficial stuff if you can persuade chivers.

Background material for the campaign is going up here (http://groups.msn.com/SWRPG/yuuzhanvongcampaign.msnw).

I should have a revised draft of my character up soon.

Rogue Janson
19 July 2003, 09:52 AM
This should be final, unless I have some stunning new idea...
I'd like to have put a bit more about his relationship with shannon's character, but I suppose we can work that out together, or once we start playing.

Hope everyone can read word documents, I thought it was a little bit long to stick up in the thread.

farr0095
20 July 2003, 12:51 PM
Well, unlike Rogue Janson, I think I should post the entire character background here. So, here you go:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aktahl Rna, a young, untried member of the Yuuzhan Vong Warrior Caste, eagerly anticipates the day that will allow him to prove his greatness and worthiness to his gods through honorable combat. From a family with a history of proudly serving Yun-Yammka, Aktahl trains hard and long, becoming one of the finest warriors in his age group.

The closest companion whom Aktahl could call a friend comes as his ally Dos Ka’shek. To complicate matters, Dos also stands as Aktahl’s fiercest competitor as they progress in their training. Dos’ strong sense of duty and naturally powerful disposition makes him one of the heartiest warriors that Aktahl knows, but also makes him nearly invulnerable in combat, a trait that their trainers deeply appreciate.

Dos also appears more the warrior than Aktahl. Both the same age, Dos has taken greater pride in receiving wounds in their practice combat, while Aktahl fought less often and tended to defeat his opponents quickly and taking fewer injuries than his companion. Even worse, from perspectives of gaining status-building scars, Aktahl tended to heal in a cleaner fashion than Dos.

To extend his own status, Dos engages in ritual scaring, an activity that Aktahl feels he has not yet earned the right in which to partake. Until he has earned true marks of a warrior from battle – and not those caused by practice combat – Aktahl does not feel that can honor the gods suitably. He believes that the gods deserve only worthy sacrifices, and worth comes with the experience as a veteran.

Aktahl has recently estranged himself from his family. His father, a vigorous subaltern in his heyday, would make a fine statesman if the Yuuzhan Vong culture allowed for such a role. While regarded rather highly by his peers, the senior Rna warrior has taken a philosophical change in the more recent years as to his position on fighting as the method for a warrior to gain honor and status. The scarred veteran claimed that honor should be determined as how you live, not how you die and how reckless you act in battle.

Dismissed by his contemporaries as either senile or having earned the right to his opinion – they most certainly knew he could defend it in the arena – Aktahl became enraged at his sire’s public opinion. Denouncing him as a weakling and disavowing any relation to the elder Rna, Aktahl stormed away from the only true family he ever knew and further entrenched himself deep within the social structure of his brethren warriors. True to his recent philosophy, Aktahl’s father let the insult pass without incident, hoping for the best for his son and watching his actions from afar.

Along with his recent alienation, Aktahl has become fervent and more diligent than ever in his participation in religious events for his god, Yun-Yammka. While avoiding serving as the subject of the rituals, saving his body for scarring after initiation through true combat, Aktahl engages in the Embrace of Pain several times each week. He strives to raise his tolerance for pain well beyond that of his comrade Dos Ka’shek, whom many recognize for his great endurance. With time, Aktahl knows that Yun-Yammka will reward the young warrior’s dedication and restraint from creating marks of honor without having first earned the right through glorious battle.

Rumors have spread through the caste that the worldships close on a galaxy of infidels, ready for conquering and sacrifice to honor the gods. If the rumors hold up, Aktahl knows that his day of recognition shall come, and Yun-Yammka shall reward his servant’s patience with torrents of the blood of the infidels gushing at the young Warrior’s feet. Then Aktahl shall emerge from the glorious pain known as battle as an honorable, scarred, powerful man-at-arms who will bring triumph to his people.

Darthspectre84
20 July 2003, 01:43 PM
Well here comes mine :) so enjoy....its different then before cause i amde some small changes.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name: She'nuu Zhass
Caste: Intendant
She'nuu Zhass is a recently inducted member of the Intendant Caste with an average build. Though young by others standards he has managed to get himself a fearsome reputation in the Yuuzhan Vong society. Beyond that not is much known of his past, except that he may be linked to Executor Nom Anor. It is said that if not due to certain circumstances Shee'nu would be seen in a different light. But what could have dropped him to his current position is not known and not asked.

His Domain holds great power in Yuuzhan Vong society and contains hundreds of warriors to fight for Yun-Yammka. He worships the Gods Yun-Yammka and Yun-Ne'shel, this one he worships as he has shown great interest in the art of Shaping. But he also worships the Trickster Goddess Yun-Harla and prays to her that he gets the power he deserves. Though She'nuu worships the Gods; he tries to not let the teachings of the religious caste interfere with his judgements. He has been posted on the the worldship Rasau Tass to be the first to reach the Chosen Land. Domain Zhass has little presence on this worldship.

Like most Yuuzhan Vong She'nuu has a great capacity for pain and suffering. Though he is resilient, She'nuu power is not strength but his brilliant cunning mind. Studying a great deal of the denziens of the Chosen Land, She'nuu's knowledge of these races is only rivalled by Executor Nom Anor. As She'nuu says that to defeat an enemy you must understand an enemy. Though such talks are considered heresy, She'nuu continues on. Shee'nu is good in using an opponents weaknesses against them and is a reasonably strong strategist.

Personality wise, Shee'nu has displayed cunning seen by many of the ruthless creatures of the Yuuzhan Vong. And unlike most Yuuzhan Vong, he is calm and collected, a trait not usually displayed by most Yuuzhan Vong. However, in face of numbers Shee'nu will avoid confrontations. He will fight only when he knows he will either be equal to his opponent or better or if he has a better advantage. As such, this makes Shee'nu an ambitious member of his society who will not let anything come in his way. What he learnt of the Chosen Land has appalled him...the use of machines. As such he is ready to bring swift revelation to the Infidels of the galaxy. But first and foremost on Shee'nus mind is the craving for power. He can seem to other Yuuzhan Vong as an honourable warrior but Shee'nu will do anything to win.

Physically speaking, She'nuu is of medium height and build. He has a deep scar on his cheek created after fighting a powerful beast to prove himself to his Domain. After many years the scar has turned a dark shade of red. Other aspects of She'nuus sacrifice to the Gods is the breaking of his nose to reveal the bone. Also he has shaved his hair so that the full glory of his disfigurements will be seen; be them present or future. Like most Yuuzhan Vong he has a dark coloured skin and has shaved his head and like most Yuuzhan Vong his body is covered with scars some being self inflicted and others through combat. There is a distinct scar that signals his Domain is a mark of a coiled serpant burnt onto his right shoulder. His apperance is close to that of a skeletal look, with dark green sinister eyes that seem to look into ones soul. With great bluish sacs under his eyes and a sloping forehead as most Yuuzhan Vong.

Implants include a Lookan Eyeball, this creature resembles a starfish with a jelly appearance and a membranous reddish centre. This creature functions similar to the Maa'its used by Shapers, who jealously guard their creations. The Lookan Eyeball was designed to supplment the other castes. The Lookan has a single tentacle beneath its red eye that drills into an eye socket. Once there after excrutiating pain, the Lookan allows the host to see objects at a far distance. Also anything seen is genetically recorded for the host to recall at any time.

Domain Zhass: A powerful Domain within Yuuzhan Vong society, descended from those of the Pure. Domain Zhass has the ear of the Supreme Overlord himself and are his personal warriors.A curious aspect of Domain Zhass is a mixture of all the Castes; this can be traced to the fact that the followers of Zhass are defeated or minor Domains that have been absorbed by Domain Zhass. One of the most promising members to come out of this Domain is Shee'nu Zhass, son of Gree'dek Zhass and one of the commanders of the Preatorite Vong. Domain Zhass as said before has mainy mixed sub-domains that follow Zhass. As such they many mixed qualities and traditions, but followers of Zhass have a mark of a colied serpent burnt onto their right arm to signal their allegiance. Some rumours surround the view that Shee'nu was moved away from his Domain as he may be a threat to his fathers position.

red5_5
21 July 2003, 04:32 PM
Here's the info on my shaper, I moved it from the traders infonet thread.

Background: Vira Eonk’asa is young for a shaper at only 18 years of age. She was diligent in her studies and is very gifted in the shaper arts. Her main areas of interest are weapons and armor, which are needed for the impending invasion. Her teacher Bahlor Eonk’asa took special interest in her and taught her faster than her peers, allowing her to become a savant faster than most shapers. Because she is young many doubt her abilities and give her unimportant tasks. During her childhood she pretended to take interest in a young warrior, Nielj Gy’yal, to get extra training in combat incase she would ever need it for the invasion.
After hearing about the jeedai from the advanced scouts, Vira has taken an interest in this ‘force’ they use. She would like to examine one and find the implants they use to create this ‘force’. Maybe she could create a replica of this implant and use them to give her people this ‘force’. Vira is mystified by the powers she has heard the jeedai use. She doesn’t understand why her people were not gifted with this implant. She worries that the Gods have taken an interest in the infidels. Vira continues to make weapons and armor for the invasion, hoping she will one day walk on a planet and help in the shaping of the galaxy...

Physical Description: Vira is about 1.6m tall and has a thin build. The back of her hands have the scar of her domain on them, a curled amphistaff spitting venom. On her cheeks she has tattooed a swirl design. Her nose was broken an is now tilted to one side from an incident in her combat training. She a few scars on her arms from this training also. Although she has not sacrificed any limbs, she hopes to get her shaper hand soon, so she will show the honor that comes with it.

Personality: Vira is quiet most of the time. She is fanatical about shaping everything right. She doesn’t like help, but if you are one of her friends she will tolerate it. She likes to trick people into doing things for her, so she worships the trickster goddess, Yun-Harla, along with the shaper goddess, Yun-Ne’Shel. In the near future Vira hopes to become an Adept, either through her talent or her cunning. After that she believes she will become on of the greatest master shapers that ever lived.

Domain Eonk’asa: Domain Eonk’asa is not a very powerful domain. This domain is composed mainly of Shapers, but some other castes are mixed in. No great warriors have ever come from this domain, but some minor shapers have come from Domain Eonk’asa. They have a worldship that is in fairly good condition, at least it isn’t dying yet. The teachers of the shaper way are very good here, but no shapers from this domain have ever done anything great.

Vreel Kudarin
22 July 2003, 10:17 AM
Great to see all the bios!

Tim asked about what exactly the characters will know about the Infidel galaxy at this point. I forgot to mention this. At present, only higher ranking Yuuzhan Vong will have detailed information on the Star Wars galaxy. Your characters will have heard minimal information from superiors, gossip and rumours.

You will know that the people of this galaxy, the Infidels, use an 'unliving' form of technology, a blasphemy against the True Gods, a mockery of Life. They fight with this 'technology', travel the stars with it, and live their lives surrounded by it. It is a terrible plague in this galaxy, and must be eradicated. The Infidels must then be re-educated, or die.

Droids especially are an offensive concept. So far you will not have heard much of the "Jeedai", as your superiors have tried to play down their powers somewhat, though you will have heard they stand as champions of this galaxy. You will have been told this galaxy is divided by petty bickering and infighting. You will have been told how physically, mentally and spirtually superior the Yuuzhan Vong are to all Infidels.

As a shaper, technically highest in social status of the group, Savant Vira Eonk'asa will have heard a little more than the three warriors. As will have Executor She'nuu Zhass, the intendant; and Consul Vido's priest.

Once you're happy with your stat profiles, could you post them up here or PM them to me? I'm planning to start within two weeks if everything goes to plan.

farr0095
22 July 2003, 11:40 AM
Bossman, I'm cool with my stats, unless you decide that you want to hand out a few more EWPs for things like tsaisi and thud bug launchers. You should have them from when I emailed you my character. Do you need them again?

Darthspectre84
22 July 2003, 02:01 PM
Well we are missing Kanner Ra'an (well his pilot is already on the other thread) and Consul Vido, then the Infidels shall face the wrath...oh right hehe. Sorry, getting into char :o .
So the game is set after the Battle for Helska.

Vreel Kudarin
23 July 2003, 10:06 AM
Thanks for the stats Kanner. Sorry farr0095, I forgot you e-mailed them, thank you. I think I will allow Soldiers EWP (tsaisi) and EWP (thud bug launcher) to balance them out.

I'm going to put all the stats up on SWRPG (http://groups.msn.com/SWRPG/yuuzhanvongcampaign.msnw) for easy access, along with bios on NPCs and other background information. I've finalised my introduction post now, and as GM I'm almost ready to begin.

Call of the Gods will be set shortly before the events of Vector Prime, though the Praetorite Vong have begun their vanguard operations.

Edit: Unfortunately Consul Vido will no longer be joining us, so we've lost our priest. However, Marusame is working on a character. Darthspectre84 and I are finalising stats for his Executor Zhass.

Darthspectre84
29 July 2003, 11:45 AM
So is Marsume taking the role of the Priest? or of another caste?

Rogue Janson
29 July 2003, 02:11 PM
Since he's an Executor, that means he's gonna be intendant class.

Darthspectre84
30 July 2003, 05:31 AM
So Marsume is also going for the same class as me eh? ah well, shame no priest now.

Vreel Kudarin
30 July 2003, 10:09 AM
Sorry, Rogue Janson, I confused you. The Executor I was refering to is Darthspectre84's character. I haven't heard from Marusame for a while.

Rogue Janson
30 July 2003, 02:28 PM
ah well, it's easily done, as you know.

farr0095
1 August 2003, 02:51 PM
I had requested a piece of concept art for Aktahl Rna through SWAG. I had the extreme fortune to have my wish granted by none other than Jeff Carlise, an artist who's accomplishments include work published in the New Jedi Order Sourcebook. You can find some of his work in that book on pages 35, 39, 81, 90, 112, 125 and 141, if I am not mistaken. I could not be happier for an image for my character than the piece that he posted over at SWAG. Please take the time to observe his fine work through this link. (http://swagonline.net/view.php?photo_id=1581&screen=0&cat_id=72&action=images)

Darthspectre84
1 August 2003, 03:00 PM
Wow that looks very......amazing. I have never seen sucha good picture of a YV. Well seen some but....not like this...

Darthspectre84
3 August 2003, 09:30 AM
Not to sound impatient or anything but when do we start :) cause like i got about more then a month of freedom :D

Rogue Janson
3 August 2003, 09:45 AM
Could be around midweek hopefully, I think Chivers has everything sorted out, maybe just needs to check up with all the players.

Vreel Kudarin
4 August 2003, 09:32 AM
That picture is great! 8o

Sorry about the delay everyone, I plan to start the In Character thread between Wednesday and Friday this week. If Marusame hasn't got his character ready by then, he could always join at a later point I suppose. Thanks for your patience!

P.S. Thank you for the YV creature concepts, Darthspectre84, I'll have a good read when I get chance!

Darthspectre84
5 August 2003, 10:30 AM
No problem about the concepts. Hope they are useful in the game. Cant wait to start hehe :). Also uhm any famous NPCs we might be facing?

Vreel Kudarin
8 August 2003, 09:41 AM
I just thought I'd let everyone know Howling Wookiee has expressed interest in joining us, so it'll be a bit longer before we start. It'll give me a chance to polish a few things up. As to famous characters you might be facing.....you'll just have to wait and see, won't you? :D As Rogue Janson could tell you though, I am fond of 'guest appearances' in my campaigns.

Darthspectre84
8 August 2003, 11:39 AM
hehe :) ok i will wait for surpirses......but if the executor dies then may his ghost haunt you ;) :P Can i inquire though what caste Howling Wookie is chosing? just asking. Plus i am reading one of the NJO boos currently so it will get in character :D some nice Yuuzhan Vong quotes there.

Vreel Kudarin
10 August 2003, 03:15 AM
It'd be good if everyone could familiarise themselves with a few important NPCs that I have detailed briefly over here on SWRPG. (http://groups.msn.com/SWRPG/cotgnpcs.msnw) These are NPCs that your characters will already know well. I'll be adding more character bios soon, and as you meet new NPCs.

I expect Howling Wookiee will be introducing himself and his character soon enough.

Howling Wookiee
10 August 2003, 05:35 AM
Greetings everyone. My name is David and I'm looking forward to rping with you all. Vreel I should have a character out by this afternoon (Sunday).
.Jiilek Kirl
Species: Yuuzhan Vong
Caste: Intendant
Class: Scout
My character will be Jiilek Kirl a scout from the indendant caste. Domain Kirl has served the intendant caste for many generations. They serve as their leaders' "eyes and ears". Domain Kirl's main responsibility is to gather information for and protect the intrests of Domain Beshon. Domain Beshon has council with Supreme Overlord himself. Domain Beshon is reponsible for the overseeing of the other Domains. To make sure that everything is running like a well lubricated animal. Domain Kirl has many repsonsibities to Domain Beshon, the most important is making sure the decisions of its masters are enforced. Jiilek worships all the gods but favors Yun-Harla, the trickster goodess. He was born on the journey to the infidel galaxy. He was taught the ways of tracking and information gathering by his mentors on the worldship. He has been taught to protect himself with martial skills. Jiilek is not a combatant like the warrior caste but can protect himself very well. He is an expert with the coufee and projectile weapons. He is adamant in proving himself to his masters and taking on the responsibility that his Domain has been given.
Jiilek Kirl is of medium build for a Yuuzhan Vong. He has a slopping, unscared forehead with a tuff of stringy black hair pull up in a tight ponytail ontop of his head. He is totally unscared because he has not "proved" himself yet. The young Yuuzhan Vong has pale skin with blue sacs under his eyes. Jiilek is impatient and ready to please his masters. Jiilek has a great but limited knowledge of the galaxy they are invading for that is his duty as a scout is to where to go and how to get there. He is also very skilled in the art of gather information when information is scarce. Jiilek employs his Ooglith masquer with expert precision, therefore granting him a high degree of flexibilty when on information gathering missions. Jiilek Kirl is known as keen and cunning by his mentor and peers. He is ready to enter the infidel world to bring deception and havoc with him.

Edit
I had to make some major mods to the first post. I posted that Jiilek served the priesthood but was checking my resources and noticed that scouts could not serve in the priest caste. My changes reflect the association with the intendant caste rather than the priest caste.

Darthspectre84
10 August 2003, 06:32 AM
Welcome to the team David :) it will be fun RPGing with you.

Vreel Kudarin
11 August 2003, 09:50 AM
I would have thought you could be a priest with the Scout class if you really wanted, as your character outline seems well-suited to a sneaky priest of Yun-Harla. Very nice bio!

Darthspectre84
14 August 2003, 11:31 AM
Still no sight of Marsume? also i assume that continious failures of any of our characters may result in the chars death right? or continious glories make chance for escalation in the ranks ;)

Howling Wookiee
14 August 2003, 04:32 PM
Alright guys. Vreel has my finalized stats for Jiilek the indendant scout. All I need now are the stats for amphistaff and thud bug launcher. Also I need to know about starting VP (rolling or getting max). Ready and willing to start. See you all in the boards. :D

Darthspectre84
15 August 2003, 08:10 AM
uhm do i get an amphistaff? :) and Howling Wookiee i think you mean Priest Caste right?

Vreel Kudarin
16 August 2003, 01:53 AM
Okay, nearly ready to begin the Campaign at last. Let's sort out equipment. Everyone can have a coufee (generic double-edged chitin knife) if they want. Personal garments and trinkets of course can be decided by players.

Vira Eonk'asa can start with some shaper tools. I think she was going to have a tsaisi as her weapon?

She'nuu Zhass will have a tsaisi I understand. He also has a lookan eyeball implant.

Jiilek Kirl is also having a tsaisi to begin with, and I think he's having a thud bug launcher as well, though it requires Exotic Weapon Prof. to negate the -4 penalty.

Aktahl Rna and Dos Ka'shek can start with amphistaffs and light warrior vonduun crab-shell armour.

Riker Ge'are can start with a ooglith cloaker, gnullith and lungworm. He could have either an amphistaff or the smaller tsaisi depending on his preference.

Anything else people really want to start with just let me know, but bear in mind equipment will be given to you when deemed neccessary and you can request new stuff as the Campaign progresses. Things like ooglith masquers will be provided when required. At level 1, I can't see individuals owning them. I expect Jiilek and She'nuu will have had lots of experience with masquers. Tizowyrms and villips will also be provided for assignments, especially since villips are 'paired'.

As to Jiilek's Caste, it's up to you Howling Wookiee, but I was thinking if you really want to be an intendant Scout, being in the Praetorite Vong would be most appropriate, because 'normal' intendants are the organisers, the administrators, and politicians of the Yuuzhan Vong. She'nuu Zhass is also likely to be being groomed for a position within the Praetorite Vong. Thoughts on this?

Darthspectre84
16 August 2003, 03:57 AM
would'nt Vira Eonk'asa have a Shaper hand as a weapon? cause in the books i have never seen a Shaper fight with a tsaisi. Just a thought on that.

I am fine with a coufee and tsaisi :) as for garments, i would settle something similar to infamous Nom Anor...plus a cloak. As i understand Intendant Caste cloaks are green. (shown in Destiny's Way).

Kanner Ra'an
16 August 2003, 05:29 AM
Im fine with my equipment. I'm going to go with the Amphistaff over the Tsaisi. Most pilots seem to be equiped as well as warriors so that would make more sense.

Rogue Janson
16 August 2003, 08:29 AM
Vira's still only an initiate so doesn't have a shaper hand yet. The only shaper I remember doing any fighting is Mezhan Kwaad and her finger spears are a special implant, rather than part of her shaper hand.

Do Aktahl and I get any thud/razor bugs as standard or will they be allocated if necessary for a particular mission?

Howling Wookiee
16 August 2003, 11:49 AM
Ok, I've got my epuipment down. In reference to the caste, I will take Vreel's suggestion and be a Scout under the Praetorite Vong. As to my understanding the Praetorite Vong is the leading organization of the invasion right, the bosses right? Correct me if I'm wrong. Vreel do I start off with a EWP?

Rogue Janson
16 August 2003, 12:09 PM
You'd have EWP: tsaisi, and possibly EWP: amphistaff (since the scout gets WGP: blaster rifles).

The Praetorite Vong are an elite group of both warriors and intendants. Despite their elite status most of the warriors feel aggrieved about having to serve under intendants. They formed the spearhead of the invasion, but fell out of favour after the debacle at Belkadan and aren't mentioned as doing anything after that. IMO they're probably responsible for much of the commando and covert work the Vong do, though, after Belkadan, not anything especially important - anywhere force is required with a little more subtlety than the warrior caste normally use.

Kanner Ra'an
16 August 2003, 02:27 PM
As to my understanding the Praetorite Vong is the leading organization of the invasion right, the bosses right? Correct me if I'm wrong.

They are not so much an elite group as a specialized one. They are basically intended to scout and establish a beachead for the main forces.

Howling Wookiee
17 August 2003, 06:43 AM
Ok guys I'm all straight now. The PV is what I thought it was. I'm in the process of rereading all the NJO books to refresh my memory on the finer points. I'm looking forward to see the IC post come up. :)

Vreel Kudarin
18 August 2003, 09:12 AM
In response to Janson's question, for now 'bugs' will be allocated once you get an assignment, especially since they are 'disposable'. I should be posting up the IC thread very very soon...Thank you all for your patience!

Darthspectre84
18 August 2003, 09:34 AM
Its going to be fun :D just hope i survive long enough for my dreams of power to come hehe.

Vreel Kudarin
18 August 2003, 09:50 AM
Okay, I've decided to start Call of the Gods tonight, and sort out any problems on the fly. I was thinking for your first posts, you could put the name of your character in the Post Subject line, just so everyone is absolutely clear on who is who.

Remember, physical descriptions of your characters and what they see can be just as important as what they are thinking or doing.

I'll keep updating here (http://groups.msn.com/SWRPG/yuuzhanvongcampaign.msnw) with background material and resources for the Campaign. This page (http://groups.msn.com/SWRPG/cotgnpcs.msnw) is particularly relevant for the start of the Campaign, and I'd advise everyone to read it.

"DO-RO'IK VONG PRATTE!"

Darthspectre84
18 August 2003, 10:11 AM
Ai' tanna Shimrra Khotte Yun'O

EDIT: Also the first post has been done :) me and Kanner have started. Hope mine is ok though.

Vreel Kudarin
22 August 2003, 09:29 AM
I couldn't work out how to mention it in my last IC post, but Jiilek Kirl is already a member of the Praetorite Vong; though the other characters don't know this yet. I thought this would help avoid any confusion for Howling Wookiee when he comes to do his next post.

P.S. There's a joke here for you Janson, as I'm sure you are already aware. :)

Kanner Ra'an
22 August 2003, 12:09 PM
Uggh. Just a little bit of irony considering my first post. Insulting Intendants only to find out i have to serve under them.

Darthspectre84
22 August 2003, 12:31 PM
Yeah lol :) now you get repaid for all those comments about the best caste :P just kidding :D

Howling Wookiee
23 August 2003, 05:38 AM
Bow to your masters...............:)

Thanks for the clarification Vreel. I'm all straight now. I'm a sneaky, hiding in the shadows, coniving Yuuzhan Vong scout/Executor in the Praetorite Vong. Works for me.

Darthspectre84
23 August 2003, 05:59 AM
Works for me to :) oh and Wookie, sorry i meant to bow in respect when your char did. Sorry about that.

Vreel Kudarin
23 August 2003, 01:40 PM
Flicking through the NJO Sourcebook I noticed there is a special breed of ooglith cloaker for space - so Riker Ge'are's ooglith is actually a vacuum ooglith. I'll correct that in the IC too. Also, if anyone wants help getting into the look and feel of the Yuuzhan Vong visually, I've posted up some pictures, from the NJO Sb and Essential Guide to Alien Species over here. (http://groups.msn.com/SWRPG/yuuzhanvongimages.msnw)

Apologies for Mas Caer p****** off most of the characters from the outset, but that's life on the inside of Vong society! :P Things should brighten up soon enough...

Oh, P.S. Janson just pointed out to me that it appears to be a mistake in the NJO Sb where novice Shapers are referred to as Savants (as Priests are). In the novels, novice Shapers are known as Initiates, so that's the term I'll be using.

P.P.S. Kanner, I was wondering whether you'd want to forgo EWP (tsaisi) and EWP (bug launcher), and have Starship Operation (starfighters) instead, to better represent the pilot training Riker has received?

Vreel Kudarin
30 August 2003, 01:40 AM
For a while now (basically ever since I bought the NJO Sourcebook) I've been trying to decide whether JD Wiker misinterpreted the status of the rank of Executor. As far as I can remember, Nom Anor is the only YV mentioned in the books with this rank. As I was reading through the early novels, before I got the NJO Sb, I always assumed Executor was a very high rank, a position of special status afforded to advance agents, of which, Nom Anor was the most skilled. This was reaffirmed when I flicked back through Vector Prime last night, and saw how Prefect Da'Gara is subordinate and a little wary of Nom Anor when he communicates with him via villip.

Upon reading the NJO Sb, I learned that Executor was in fact the lowest rank in the Intendant Caste. With this new information I assumed that maybe Nom Anor retained his old title and didn't move up to Consul or Prefect as his duties were far removed from the politics and bureacracy of the majority or Intendants. Running CotG has brought up the issue again for me. I'm beginning to think Executor is actually a rank removed from the normal hierarchy of the Intendants, perhaps only awarded to special agents. I'd really like to hear your views on this.

P.S. I noticed on your profile for Riker Ge'are, Kanner that you don't have EWP Prof. (bug launcher, tsaisi) down anyway (See previous post). For YV I have been treating EWP (tsaisi) as WGP (blaster pistols), and EWP (bug launcher) as WGP (heavy). But if you'd like to forgo them to represent your training as a pilot, you could have Starship Operations (starfighters).

Darthspectre84
30 August 2003, 03:01 AM
Well to be honset....to me it sounds like that Executor is a position involved with intelligence and battle tactics with the warrior caste. Cause Prefect and Consul both mean administrative positions. While Executor...the last time i red anything about Executor was in the Dark Empire graphic novels where one of the bad guys is an Executors and leads Palpatines fleet.
At least thats what i think....

oh and as to why Da'Gara might have seemed....submissive well it could be that Nom Anor held alot of power in YV society. (strange we never seen in the books about Domain Anor)

Kanner Ra'an
30 August 2003, 04:59 AM
Though when the fighting starts i may regret it, im going to exchange those feats for SO (Starfighters) because it fits in with the character. Besides, i dont have any thud bugs or a Tsasi anyways.

Rogue Janson
30 August 2003, 06:40 AM
In terms of title, an executor is someone who carries things out - executes them. I think it implies a subordinate position, since the executor executes the wishes of someone else.

It's hard to determine what position executors hold in the intendant rank structure. We don't hear of any other executors, but I can't think of any prefects other than Da'Gara either. It could be taken that Da'Gara was deferring to Nom Anor so much simply because of his experience and worthy service - as a fellow intendant he'd appreciate Nom Anor's activities more than anyone else. I'd presume the intendant caste has a slightly less strict hierarchy than the others, too, meaning that Da'Gara wouldn't automatically look down on Nom Anor due to his superior position.

Without any conclusive evidence from the books, I'd have to go with the NJOSB.

I'd guess there are lots of executors in the intendant caste mainly carrying out bureacratic and executive jobs. The executors used for covert missions would probably have a greater status than them simply because of the prestige of their tasks. With only four 'official' ranks there must be lots of room for people of the same rank to wield more power than others.

Darthspectre84
30 August 2003, 07:35 AM
Actually you have forgotten something...
We know that High Prefect Drakthul has power...he was mentioned in Agents of Chaos and in Destiny's Way and he seems liek the head of the Intendants.

My view is that while warriors do most of the fighting, i see the Intendants doing the adminsistrative and defense duties. And i am not saying that because i am an Intendant :P i am only stating that casue YV culture is based on fighting. Its in the blood. They dont even know what mercy means...literally :D

Vreel Kudarin
2 September 2003, 10:56 AM
Thanks for thoughts on Executors. Like Janson says, I think we should continue going with the rank order according to the NJO Sb. The less rigid structure for Intendants does help to explain the issue a little.

I thought I'd let you know I've put up a drawing I've just finished of Subcommander Ynys Caer (who hopefully you'll remember you 'met' earlier!) She can be found here. (http://groups.msn.com/SWRPG/yuuzhanvongimages.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=187)

Hopefully I'll be doing more soon. I'm planning to have a go at your characters, but I'll definitely do depictions of NPCs as you encounter them.

I thought I'd take this opportunity to ask how people are finding Call of the Gods so far. How is everyone enjoying it? I know some people have seen more 'action' than others, but I'll endeavour to balance everything out. Only a few hours have passed in the Campaign anyway, so rest assured they'll be plenty for everyone to do. Personally I'd have to say I'm really into the feel of the Vong and the atmosphere of the NJO era, and I'm really enjoying the scenarios you're throwing my way. I only hope you're having as much fun as I am! :D

Kanner Ra'an
2 September 2003, 11:12 AM
I know im enjoying this. Scheming intendantswho will feel my wrath , brawling warriors, cunning priests, its all their.

Darthspectre84
2 September 2003, 11:13 AM
Well i cant speak for my fellow caste members or....comrades :) but its proven interesting. Plus did not think a fight would come by so soon :D though i am anxious for more stuff hehe.
Also Vreel i know the sub-commanders pose is from...chasity (sp?) ;)

red5_5
2 September 2003, 04:22 PM
It has been very interesting so far. I think that everyone so far has depicted the Vong very well. This is fun and different.

Darthspectre84
3 September 2003, 04:25 AM
I would have to applaud Kanner though :) he has done a good job on the fanatic follower. :D

Vreel Kudarin
3 September 2003, 09:43 AM
Yeah, Darthspectre84, I took the pose from a picture of Chastity (or a similar comic book heroine/anti-heroine, can't remember), but copied it with her facing the other direction. Well spotted!

Glad to know you're enjoying CotG. My aim of starting on a worldship is to get everyone (including myself) acquainted with the pathos of the Yuuzhan Vong, so that the Star Wars galaxy actually feels alien when you enter it. Then everyone should find it easier to imagine the hatred the Vong would feel for the inhabitants of that galaxy far, far away.

When are they gonna do YV smilies!? :)

Darthspectre84
4 September 2003, 11:43 AM
Uhm sorry guys i accidently edited...well not really an accident but i was typing and my screen froze and posted it before it was complete in IC. Sorry about that wont happen again...

Vreel Kudarin
5 September 2003, 11:16 AM
How come She'nuu has an amphistaff now? I thought he had a tsaisi? If you have decided to give him an amphistaff, Darthspectre84 remember She'nuu doesn't have Exotic Weapon Prof. with it, so you're at -4 with it.

Darthspectre84
6 September 2003, 02:30 AM
oops sorry i meant tsaisi...

Kanner Ra'an
11 September 2003, 03:10 PM
Nearby, the frenzied attacks of Riker Ge'are succeed in pressing his opponent to the limit. So preoccupied with avoiding the swipes of Riker's baton-like tsaisi, the warrior makes only a single half-hearted jab of his own.

Just a minor correction. Riker Ge'are has an amphistaff, not a Tsaisi.

Vreel Kudarin
12 September 2003, 08:57 AM
Yeah, sorry about that, I wasn't thinking straight. I realised it today at work, and was hoping I could fix it before anyone noticed :D I'll correct that. I think I got confused with the whole dropping EWP (bug launcher and tsaisi) in favour of SO (starfighters) business.

Oh yeah, fairly important announcement I've overlooked. Amphistaffs and tsaisis using their 'blade' functions will do 2d6 and 2d4 damage respectively, to represent the fact that the cutting edges of these weapons are described as extremely sharp in the novels. In Balance Point I think some warriors cut through a metal wall with their amphistaffs. This also brings these weapons up to the standard of vibroblades, so you don't all switch to those once you enter the Promised Land ;)

P.S. Apologies to anyone who hasn't had enough fun yet in Call of the Gods! Hopefully your appetites will soon be sated...

P.P.S. By that, I mean I won't be running it day by day normally, so don't worry! This is just to give everyone an idea of what your Praetorite Vong training will be like, and what a worldship feels like; before I get on with advancing the plot.

Vreel Kudarin
24 September 2003, 09:45 AM
I'll be maintaining a full Dramatis Personae to help out with all the NPCs that are going to crop up on my SWRPG site, but here's a provisional list to tide you over, in order of hierarchy:

Provisional NPC Dramatis Personae

Commander Mas Caer, overseer of Rasau Tass military forces (YV male).
Prefect Edos'ar Varl , overseer of non-military matters aboard Rasau Tass (YV male).
Consul Hoon, overseer of Praetorite Vong training programme on Rasau Tass (YV male).
Subcommander Ynys Caer, Commander Caer's lieutenant and cousin (YV female).
Subaltern J'allfrib, leader of Dos, Aktahl, and Riker's platoon (YV male).
Initiate Lat Zhass, Praetorite Vong shaper student (YV female).
Initiate Uuls, Praetorite Vong shaper student (YV male).
Initiate Kyaulot, Praetorite Vong shaper student (YV male).
Savant N'var Spis Praetorite Vong priest student (YV male).

Vreel Kudarin
25 October 2003, 06:19 AM
Annoyingly I've misplaced or lost Jiilek Kirl's stats, right at a critical moment. Howling Wookiee, do you think you could post them up here / PM them / e-mail them when you get a free moment? Cheers.

Apologies if anyone has been dissapointed by the quietness on the CotG front over the past weeks, I'm hoping this is about to be addressed.......:D

Vreel Kudarin
10 November 2003, 09:20 AM
It's all clear to post in the In Character thread now.

Also, taking my cue from Rogue Janson in Paths of the Force, I thought it'd be useful if you could say which aspects of CotG are working well for you, and which things you think I could improve; things you want to see more of, etc.

If anyone is finding the 'training' session a bit dull, it won't last too long, and I certainly won't be running everything that happens in the campaign on a day-to-day basis after this. As I've said before, it was just to get the feel of Yuuzhan Vong culture and technology as being 'normal', so the infidel worlds will seem more 'alien'.

Personally I'm enjoying the Rasau Tass section, especially now there's a bit of action. But I can't wait to get onto the main plot and crush the infidels beneath the glory of the Yuuzhan Vong! :D

One thing I have noticed which may interfere with the feel of the plot is the hostility between player-characters and castes. A bit of tension is good, but I don't think we should overdo it. It'd be good if you could start to find ways to build closer bonds between your characters, especially to represent the training that will take place 'off-screen' after the end of this chapter and the beginning of the plot proper. A bit of animosity will always be good for atmosphere, but Praetorite Vong insertion groups need to gel fairly well to accomplish the holy missions set before them...

Darthspectre84
5 December 2003, 05:34 AM
Well i am keeping my side of uhm disgust of the other castes ;) cause i want to show that Shee'nu is a prideful intendant who sees himself above others. Also i believe the caste tension should disappear once we are in enemy territory.

Vreel Kudarin
9 December 2003, 11:46 AM
I'm just having a few hold-ups, but hopefully I'll be able to continue the campaign soon. Sorry about the delay guys!

Vreel Kudarin
20 December 2003, 10:52 AM
Okay, I got really waylaid there.

I've had an idea, and I want to know what you all think. This intro section has got a bit bogged down (excuse the pun), and the interruption hasn't helped. Also, I think to continue it wouldn't help the plot. Therefore I thought that we could draw this little swamp section to a close, and skip artfully to the proverbial chase, and get on with the story, as I'm sure some of you may be losing patience with the worldship section. The Promised Land awaits, and the Gods grow hungry...

If anyone wishes to quit the campaign, I suppose now would be a good time, I won't be offended, everyone has limited free-time and outside commitments, so I'll understand :) The characters of anyone that wishes to leave could be said to be transfered to different duties from those who want to continue. Or perhaps they don't survive the training...:D

I look forward to hearing from you!

farr0095
20 December 2003, 07:02 PM
I agree that we should move on to the Promised Land and press on! Cheers!

Howling Wookiee
22 December 2003, 10:57 AM
Guys I regetfully have to bow out of the game. I just don't have the time for 2 PbP games and working 80 hours a week. I enjoyed the game alot but just feel I can't contribute to it. Again thanks for the RP and hopefully my load will lighten and I wll be able to come back again if there is an opening. Hope to see you all in the boards.

Rogue Janson
29 December 2003, 02:03 PM
Well I'm keen to carry on, as you well know. My ambition to have a character effectively immune to blaster rifles is still strong.

red5_5
29 December 2003, 03:55 PM
I'm good to go. Let us move to the Promised Land and cleanse it! :D

Kanner Ra'an
30 December 2003, 08:53 AM
Me too. To the promise land and glorious slaughter of the infidels!

Darthspectre84
2 January 2004, 04:51 AM
Sorry guys i got sick and lsot my net connection but im back.

Yeah i agree lets leave the Garden and slaughter some Infidels hehe :) and sorry to hear that Howling Wookie has to go.

Vreel Kudarin
2 January 2004, 10:58 AM
Thanks everyone for getting back to me!

'See' you around on the HoloNet, Howling Wookiee, and thankyou all for your patience in my fledgling endeavour. This weekend I'll round off the Rasau Tass section, and post up a new thread for the start of the next section of Call of the Gods...

Oh, and after your many weeks of training, all your characters will have advanced to level 2 (and a bit beyond) and have 2000 XP at the start of the next section. So if you could post up revised stats for you characters at level 2, or PM them to me, that'd be brilliant!

Vreel Kudarin
5 January 2004, 09:24 AM
Actually I'd intended my last post in the Rasau Tass thread to be the final one for that section, but it's fine for anyone to make their own last posts if they want. I'll be posting up the new thread tonight, as long as I can think of a title...I'm a bit stuck for a title just now :?

Remember, everyone has leveled-up now. I won't need your improved stats just yet, but fairly soon would be good, thanks!

farr0095
8 January 2004, 03:13 AM
Let me say that I'm absolutely looking forward to the next level we are going to take CotG to. I hope that we can have an action-packed, fast-paced adventure with lots of description, character interaction, and sacrifice to the True Gods! (I'm I the only one who thinks we need a Yuuzhan Vong smilely?)

Vreel Kudarin, I'm looking forward to seeing what you have to throw at us. Personally, I think that facing overwhelming odds would only be par for the course for this kind of game. Naturally, since I'm playing a warrior, I'm excited to get in and have straight forward combat, even if I didn't get that directly across in my post (Aktahl thought it was obvious).

Here's to hoping everyone gets as energized as I am about this! :)

Darthspectre84
8 January 2004, 06:00 AM
INdeed i find it exciting :) but i was wondering if we can get some stuff bioengineered before the mission? cause i got a plan hehe ;)

Vreel Kudarin
8 January 2004, 10:18 AM
Well, She'nuu could ask Vira about it..you've only got four hours though...Vira could always craft something special during the mission if red5_5 wants, she'll have some basic shaping tools on the Yorik-veca.

Oh yeah, Darthspectre84 I've noticed that recently you're spelling She'nuu as "Shee'nu". "She'nuu" was definitely the first version you gave, it's in your stat block and bio. But I don't mind if you want to change it to "Shee'nu". It confused me for a while. Rogue Janson thought it might be She'nuu's twin, and all part of an elaborate intendant plan LOL :P

Darthspectre84
8 January 2004, 10:48 AM
lol :D i can assure you its no Intendant plot ;) sorry about that...but i would like the name as Shee'nu :) i really should watch my spellings more carefully. And i will ask red5_5 to craft something for me

farr0095
8 January 2004, 11:23 AM
I'm so tempted to call for a Listen check, Darthspectre84, just to mess with you. But as long as Aktahl gets to kill infidels, I'll be happy. :) But then I must ask: why are you trying to hide this from us? :?

;)

Darthspectre84
9 January 2004, 05:54 AM
Im an Intendant :) we are a mysterious breed ;) but its just for assurance...i will probably mention it when we go to the planet once we find out about what other equipment we have :D

Vreel Kudarin
11 January 2004, 01:26 PM
Here are the basic stats for the generic Yorik-veca:

Craft: Yorik-vec Assault Craft; Class: Transport; Cost: Unknown; Size: Small (30m long); Crew: Expert +8 (2 pilots, 3 gunners); Passengers: 8; Cargo Capacity: 1oo metric tons; Consumables: 1 month; Darkspace Speed: x3; Maximum Speed: Attack (8 squares); Maneuver: +9 (+1 size, +8 crew); Defence: 21 (+1 size, +10 armour); Dovin Basal Points: 60 (DR 10) Hull Points: 150 (DR 10).
Weapon: quad volcanic cannon; Fire Arc: Turret; Attack Bonus: +17 (+8 crew, +1 size, +8 fire control); Damage: 7d10x2; Range Modifiers: PB/S +0, M/L n/a.
Weapon: Twin volcanic cannon (2); Fire Arc: 1 port, 1 starboard; Attack Bonus: +13 (+8 crew, +1 size, +4 fire control); Damage: 6d10x2; Range Modifiers: PB +0 S/M/L n/a.

Below is some great info put together by Janson to help with shaping. There's some special rules for crafting he cooked up too. I'll put those up soon.

The Qang Qahsa

All the shaping protocols of the Yuuzhan Vong are contained in an immense database known as the qang qahsa. All worldships, major capital ships and other locations where numerous shapers are found have a qang qahsa. Since shapers do not add to the protocols stored inside, they are known collectively as the qang qahsa. The information inside is identical. The protocols of shaping are codified as a set of procedures for achieving certain results rather than a set of physical laws from which practical action can be determined.

However all but the most narrow minded shapers develop an understanding of the principles behind the protocols, a form of knowledge that is tacitly accepted as legitimate by the caste. The practical focus of the protocols means that shapers will often understand the operation of creatures with specialised functions such as dovin basals and how to incorporate them into symbiotes before they know the secrets of how they work. Since Yuuzhan Vong creatures grow of their own accord, it is normally only necessary to know how to tend them to create a piece of equipment.

The following table gives only a very rough idea of what information is
available to shapers. The first cortex is open to all castes so they can
learn information that may help them in their duties.

Cortex Access Uses Examples

1: All Yuuzhan Vong Shaping simple organisms with basic functions; tending basic creatures. Diseases, spores

2&3: Initiates Shaping basic creatures; tending advanced creatures; modifying existing creatures; stabilising ecosystems Ngdin, thud bug, nathlat

4&5: Adepts Shaping complex creatures and symbiotes and maintaining their health. Modifying ecosystems and creating basic systems from scratch. Ooglith, amphistaff, vonduun crab armour, basic replacement body part.

6&7: Master Shapers Worldshaping protocols; shaping massive symbiotes and advanced creatures. Capital ship, dovin basal, villip , worldship, advanced body part replacement.

Kanner Ra'an
11 January 2004, 02:13 PM
One questions about the ship; What are the penalties if piloted by just one pilot. Im guessing its the normal -4.

farr0095
12 January 2004, 06:21 AM
It would seem to me that since we're going to have to wear Oo'glith (sp?) maskers, then we aren't going to be able to carry much in the way of gear. How are we handling this and do you want us to list everything that we're taking with us?

Thanks.

Vreel Kudarin
12 January 2004, 12:06 PM
If only Riker is piloting, he will be at -4. He has Starship Operations (space transport) as a trade-off instead of Exotic Weapon Proficiencies (thud bug launcher, tsaisi) I believe.

There's a horde of equipment stored aboard the ship. I'm guessing everyone's taking their armour/clothes, and personal weapons. You can bring any other possessions your characters may have.

It's up to you to decide what you do once you've chosen a place to land. What you choose to carry/wear is up to the characters. There are carrying sacs aboard to haul anything around if you need them. A lot of Vong equipment is quite light too...

Vreel Kudarin
14 January 2004, 10:07 AM
I've posted up the majority of what I have for the start of the Assault Ship drop, but I'm just checking that most of you are seated in the passenger area then, and not in any of the control chairs (obviously Riker is in the pilot's chair). If so, then I'll add a bit more without any of you needing to post. If anyone wants to make a post after what I've just this minute posted in IC though, before the Yorik-veca actually launches, then go ahead. This could be like musical chairs... :D

Vreel Kudarin
15 January 2004, 12:08 PM
Okay, well I've added to my last post in the IC thread anyway, so it's all ready for you guys to post! Though it looks like Riker's going to have the most to do...

farr0095
15 January 2004, 04:06 PM
My post would consist of Aktahl sitting in the straps wishing they were on the ground, doing hand-to-hand fighting; therefore I'm not going to make a real post. Just FYI!

Darthspectre84
16 January 2004, 04:24 AM
I shall make a post just when we land...jsut some pre-incursion instructions :). Right now i will just be strapped in with the others....

Vreel Kudarin
28 January 2004, 11:39 AM
Just a little note here: I'm afraid there aren't any magma pebbles on the Yorik-veca, the NJO Sourcebook has it that the protocols for their shaping were only released from the cortexes as a response to infidel war droids. And there aren't any stowed onboard anyway, sorry :P

Also, I'm afraid you can't speak with gnulliths down your throats. I'm sure the warriors have hand gestures that will suffice though: "Stop!" and "Movement ahead!", "Spread out!" etc.

farr0095
3 February 2004, 05:14 PM
How close are we? And will we be able to jump onto the oncoming speeder?

Rogue Janson
4 February 2004, 02:46 AM
Also, I'm afraid you can't speak with gnulliths down your throats. I'm sure the warriors have hand gestures that will suffice though: "Stop!" and "Movement ahead!", "Spread out!" etc.
What about "Oh no! Mynocks!"?

Vreel Kudarin
4 February 2004, 04:42 AM
Unfortunately, Darthspectre you can't see the repulsor platform from where you are. Zhass is near the back of the cave, and the platform is floating towards the entrance from the right side as you look out. It is level with Dos and Aktahl's outcropping of rock, which is 'round the corner' from the cave entrance. farr0095, the repulsor platform is gliding towards you quickly, and is at roughly the same level. It'll reach you in a couple of game rounds.

Darthspectre84
4 February 2004, 07:16 AM
Oops sorry, did not know that. I will just keep fighting with my favourite Mynock. :)

Vreel Kudarin
21 February 2004, 10:06 AM
I've finally got round to one of my favourite aspects (as Tim will testify) of running an RPG Campaign - making a kills/critically wounded table of 'how well' the Player Characters are doing, LOL :P

Fortunately, this particular Campaign is more appropriate than normal for this sort of thing. The table only lists 'in-game' kills, not kills your characters may have acquired before they were assigned to the Praetorite Vong, during the infighting of the Great Journey across the void. If anyone wants to take a look, you can find the Kills Table HERE. (http://groups.msn.com/SWRPG/callofthegodskillstable.msnw)

farr0095
22 February 2004, 05:47 AM
In the lead, yeah baby! Although I can't really say that I remember all of those kills, I'm certainly glad I've made them.

What about adding a line that says the first to kill something?

Vreel Kudarin
2 March 2004, 12:01 PM
Just because you were first to spill infidel blood, Shannon, LOL :D

Sorry about the lag in play, the HoloNet being down twice hasn't helped. I didn't really expect such debate over what to do about the crawler vehicle, but that's always the way GMing I suppose! The Players generally breeze through or avoid things you laid out in detail, and branch off in directions you didn't expect, but that's what I love about it! :P

The warriors seem to have reached a consensus as to the wheeled vehicle's fate (2 against 1), but I'm just waiting to see if Shee'nu is going to do anything. Plus we'll have to see what Aktahl will do with the other two warriors wanting to attack.

As we haven't heard from red5_5 for a while, I've temporarily taken over Vira, as you may have noticed. Hope you're all well!

P.S. I don't think I've had Level 2 stats for Riker and Vira yet. They'd be much appreciated guys, when you get chance!

Darthspectre84
4 March 2004, 09:01 AM
Yeah sorry about the delay, the holonet has been down so....anyway i am not posting my turn as i dont see much to psot yet. Plus i want to see what you warriors are going to do ;)

Darthspectre84
17 March 2004, 05:31 AM
I know i said i was not posting but...decided to. Keeps the topic at the...well top ;)

Vreel Kudarin
2 April 2004, 09:20 AM
Terribly sorry about the delay, I've been very busy lately. Just got back from All Tomorrow's Parties, and have been desperately (and futilely) trying to order Glastonbury Festival tickets. I should have a post ready for IC over the weekend; thanks for bearing with me everyone!

Vreel Kudarin
23 April 2004, 09:15 AM
Apologies that Shee'nu and Vira have not been able to get so involved in this encounter. I hadn't planned for it to take this long, but what with the HoloNet down, the Dark Side etc etc...well, you get the idea!

Anyway, I think we're just about to round this section off, so hopefully I'll be able to get everyone involved, depending on how the group plans to reach the installation on the other side of the mountain range. I'm really looking forward to getting there, sorry it's taking so long!

P.S. I've just added a few paragraphs concerning Shee'nu at the end of the post I did last night in IC: First Blood. Oh, and thanks for the stats red5_5!

Vreel Kudarin
5 May 2004, 09:47 AM
Bit of confusion over the crawler. It's my fault for not describing the crawler in enough detail, sorry. The crew compartment isn't that large, and Dos just killed the last crewman. Along the 'dashboard' in front of the side front viewport there are some basic controls, nothing too fancy. There are two operators' chairs and a couch in a recess, a storage locker, other than that there's not much more to the crawler.

I wasn't sure if you warriors wanted to just leap out, or smash stuff up, or what, but I can cut to you having climbed back up to the Julaken if you want, from where you can gear up/sort our how you're getting to the installation of the other side of the mountains, etc.

farr0095
5 May 2004, 04:52 PM
Sorry, I thought we had two left, and Dos just took out one. I vote press on with a cut scene. Thanks!

Vreel Kudarin
25 May 2004, 09:48 AM
I'm currently in the process of sorting out a broadband connection for myself, so I may not be able to keep up with the HoloNet for a week, this is just to let you all know it isn't that I've deserted you!

The First Blood thread is waiting for responses, so that should keep you all busy for a bit.

farr0095
21 June 2004, 02:27 AM
I'll be away from my computer until next weekend. Sorry for not being able to post, and I hope that everyone has a terrific week!

Vreel Kudarin
3 August 2004, 10:53 AM
I've had to give a lot of thought to this, but I've finally come to a decision. I've decided to end Call of the Gods. Firstly apologies to anyone this may upset.

Briefly I am doing this because I feel that I cannot provide an enjoyable enough campaign. I and I think others will have realised the limitations of a Yuuzhan Vong campaign. I don't believe there is enough room for decent character development and interplay with aggressive xenophobes.

The campaign was in danger of stagnating and turning into a straight slaughter-fest (which while enjoyable for a time, can grow tiresome).

I am also finding my personal time stretched by different responsibilities and pursuits, and feel that this is no longer a valuable use of our time.

I enjoyed trying out my idea, and am greatly appreciative of the time and effort everyone has put in. Hopefully I'll 'see' you all around on the HoloNet. Happy gaming, and thanks!

May the Force be with you.

Kanner Ra'an
3 August 2004, 11:14 AM
-Sniff-:(

Too bad. I was enjoying this game, but we seemed to hit a rut for a little while. Surprisingly though we all made pretty good bloodthirsty manipulating xenophobes.

farr0095
3 August 2004, 02:20 PM
I agree with you, Vreel. It was a fun idea, and a fun go, but difficult to form into one of those life-long everloving games. Thanks for letting me play, and best of luck to Twin Noon!

red5_5
3 August 2004, 04:13 PM
I had a fun time playing in this game. Too bad it couldn't be developed further, but I agree that it would have turned into a slaughter-fest. It was a different experience and was a great idea. Thanks for the great time.

:)

Darthspectre84
8 August 2004, 07:11 AM
Ah sorry to hear it :( been a good game and i was looking for some nice stuff while hiding among the 'infidels' and stuff Would have been cool. Anyway thanks Vreel and though it may have gone stagnant it was a great game.