PDA

View Full Version : the Mandalorian Wars

Corwin
23 July 2003, 02:11 AM
I was just looking around on the Knights of the Old Republic website, and I noticed a reference to some thing called the Mandalorian Wars, which seem to have happened some time between the Great Sith War and KotOR. Can some one who’s played the game fill me in on what the Mandalorian Wars were (with out giving anything important away :) ). Since I was going to use Mandalorians in my OR campaign any information would be helpful. Are the Mandalorians players in the KotOR story?

Rogue Janson
23 July 2003, 03:12 AM
As far as I know, the Mandalorian wars aren't covered in any source so far. I don't even remember hearing the name before.
There's very little that's been written about Mandalorians and there's also a big gap that's not really covered between the Great Sith War and 1,000 years BBY.

Darthspectre84
23 July 2003, 05:13 AM
Well before the episodes 1 or 2 were made i think the plan was that the Mandalorians were involved in the Clone Wars. But that was quite some time ago. ANd i thought i heard something about those wars....but nothing was mentioned besides the name.

Jaggard
23 July 2003, 07:29 AM
Not sure what conflict that name refers to but two come to mind. The Mandalorians followed a leader with the title of Mandalore and joined sides with the sith empire at one point.

Spoiler for Jango Fett open season:

But far more likely is a conflict that occured around the time Jango Fett was a child. A civil war errupted between Jaster Mareels (spelling?) allies who saw the Mandalorians as Great warriors who would give their services to others for a cost, and the Death Watch (or was it deaths head) group who sought to bring the mandalorians out of the for hire bussiness and into the conquering of the galaxy. Jastor took in Jango after the other side killed his family for harboring Jastor on Concord Dawn (Jastors home world). Much later Jastor died in another conflict with the other side leaveing Jango to lead them and one of their own as a traitor. The conflict was brought to a close when Jango defeated the leader of the other side after haveing been framed by them and watching a large number of the mandalorians (if not all of them) die at the hands of the Jedi sent to stop them doing what they were framed for. Dooku actually lead the party of Jedi and seemed to feel remorse about the conflict. That may have been the point he began to question the Jedi orders way of doing things.
I do have questions about what happened to the wounded, retired, support staff and the exiled members of both sides of that conflict. It seems to me that the civil war could restart when numbers have been found to replenish their ranks, or the Bad mandalorians may break off and form there own sect much like the dark Jedi became the sith. The Mandalorians could also become key Jedi hunters. I see Boba and Jango less as the end of the mandalorians and more as the point at which Mandalorians change for good. Much like Luke changed the Jedi from the Republic FBI to a seperate but allied organisation. I don't know if that made sense but just think of the Mandalorians changeing from Before ep1 to after ep6 much as the Jedi Did.

This actually gives me an idea for a story/ game setting.

Sabermaster
23 July 2003, 08:24 AM
Well from what I've seen in KOTOR, The Mandolorian War took place Five Years before the game, and where a big enough threat to send a Brand new Flag Ship, and a Large army to combat. Afterwards they seemed to disprese and split into almost Pack like groups. A group of them following one Leader, and more then likely vying for Control through battle when they thought they were strong enough. So really everything about it is up to you. Save for the fact the Republic Fleet, and army was lead by Revan, Malak, and Admirel Saul Karth.

Darthspectre84
23 July 2003, 11:33 AM
Well i think it is or was said that one of the other few people that can take a Jedi on is a Mandalorian. Strangely enough is that for such a popular myth like culture we really dont know much about them. Do we? Like i mean are they all humans? what was there homeworld? Would make an interesting RPG story though...

Sabermaster
23 July 2003, 01:13 PM
From what we know. Mandolore. They were a warrior Culture, spents their whole lives either in battle or training for it. Would act as Mercenaries if the Price was right. Had a Strongest leads them culture. Extensive training. Most of the Commander's where more then likely Elite Trooper types. Fought alongside the Sith During the Sith War. And were briefly led by Ulic Qel Dorma.

And they appear to be Human's with some Renegrative qualities.