PDA

View Full Version : Old Republic Source Material anyone?

Vend-Jai
24 July 2003, 04:40 PM
OK after logging 60+ hours on KOTOR so far, I have decided to do what I can to try an create an Old Republic campaign set in the Tales era. The lack of source material, I think, is a two-edged sword- not much chance of conflicting material, but not much to go on. Does anyone have any indication this might be an era supported by WotC in the future? Any interest in the crowd out there for grassroots efforts?

Tramp
24 July 2003, 06:58 PM
Both the DSSB and POTJSB cover the time period of the Ancient Old Republic. If you need more info, check out WEG's Tales of the Jedi Companion, The Essential Chronology , and the original Tales of the Jedi series: Golden Age of the Sith , Fall of the Sith Empire , Knights of the Old Republic , the Freedon Nadd Uprising , Dark Lords of the Sith , The Sith War , and The Redemption of Ulic Qel-Droma . These will give you all of the information available for that time era. Good luck and may the Force be with you.

Corwin
24 July 2003, 08:39 PM
Tales of the Jedi Companion is a damn good book, and like most D6 books focuses more on back ground material then telling the story you already know (e.g. WotC Rebellion SB ).

To bad I lost mine :(

AzmoDanakar
25 July 2003, 06:59 AM
I GM an Old republic campaign, and for preperation I read all of the comics, and scoured websites for data. The Tales of the Jedi Companion is the single most comprehensive tome for this era. If you are able to score a copy of it, hang on to it. It is the single best book IMO for that campaign era.