PDA

View Full Version : Are their any more books...

Guru
27 July 2003, 07:59 AM
With Kyp Duron in them? I read that trilogy and i don't know what to do now.

Rogue Janson
27 July 2003, 08:27 AM
I presume you mean the Jedi Academy trilogy?

I think Kyp is out of the picture atoning for his actions for a lot of the New Republic era, and thus doesn't feature in the books (there is a short story about him in Tales from the New Republic though). He crops up quite a lot in the New Jedi Order books though, as he's a Jedi Master by that time.

This should be in the New Republic & NJO forum, btw since that's the time period it's dealing with.

Grimace
27 July 2003, 08:52 AM
You're right, Rogue Janson. Moving to NJO forum.

Nova Spice
27 July 2003, 09:33 AM
With Kyp Duron in them? I read that trilogy and i don't know what to do now.

Kyp Durron spends most of his time after the Jedi Academy trilogy atoning for his holocaust of Carida. In fact, he doesn't return until the New Jedi Order, at which point he is a Jedi Master, as Janson pointed out.

Start with Vector Prime; it's the first novel of the NJO series (nineteen total books). Kyp is one of the main characters of this series and is featured extensively as a major player in the Yuuzhan Vong invasion. ;)

mojo1701
27 July 2003, 01:20 PM
Especially with his little interaction with Jaina Solo in Dark Journey.

Nemo Sage
27 July 2003, 01:54 PM
Hey,

Dark horse comics also did a series with Kyp, that takes place a year or so after the JA trilogy. Its called jedi academy: levianthan, or something close to that.

Wedge in Red2
27 July 2003, 11:49 PM
Yeah, Jedi Academy: Leviathian. I've got one of the hardbound graphic novels or whatever you call them. It introduces Dorsk 82, the next in the line of clones after Dorsk 81. I really just bought it to show the pictures to my players (who are based out of the Jedi Academy in the NR era).

Jon

Darthspectre84
28 July 2003, 04:39 AM
Yes, i red that one. But their are no other books with besides the trilogy, some comics and NJO. He appears alot though in the NJO books. Almost half if i am not mistaken. And in thjose books he takes the path of self appointed protector of the space ways.

And to be honest :) i dont like Kyp that much. It just seems that in the NJO books the newer generation of Jedi are such...whats the word? brats! :P thinking they are so powerful and nothing can harm them ;)

Jim Williams
28 July 2003, 06:49 AM
Kyp actually had a few scenes in Darksaber and in Planet of Twilight. I liked the books, but I wouldn't buy them to read about Kyp.

CaamasiJedi49
1 August 2003, 12:10 PM
Well Darth, thats the whole point of how to portay the new jedi generation. Unlike many of the older jedi, these jedi have grown up in a era of smaller turbelence. So they grow arrogant, since they have only tackled small problems, and not gone against the bigger threats and issues of the galxy. That is probably why the New Jedi order was decimated so throughly, because they thought they could win, and didn't train enough, and didn't think clearly, and were so badly decimated. Granted, Im terribly off topic, but I just wanted to point this out to Darth.

Caamasi Jedi49:plokoon:

Nova Spice
1 August 2003, 12:54 PM
Well Darth, thats the whole point of how to portay the new jedi generation. Unlike many of the older jedi, these jedi have grown up in a era of smaller turbelence. So they grow arrogant, since they have only tackled small problems, and not gone against the bigger threats and issues of the galxy. That is probably why the New Jedi order was decimated so throughly, because they thought they could win, and didn't train enough, and didn't think clearly, and were so badly decimated. Granted, Im terribly off topic, but I just wanted to point this out to Darth.

Oh, definitely. I agree completely. Most of those on Kyp's faction didn't come into prominence as Jedi until after the treaty with the Empire was signed. As we're told in Vector Prime, Kyp's radicals have been prying the space lanes, hunting down pirates. Jedi? Hunting down pirates? That was the major threat at the time, two-bit pirates looking to squander profits.

When the Yuuzhan Vong showed up, Kyp's attitude was influenced by the destruction of the Dozen and Two Avengers. Their pride had been hurt. In their minds, there was nothing in the galaxy capable of stopping a Jedi. Ultimately we find that several talented followers of Kyp were slain because of this reasoning: Daeshara'cor, Wurth Skidder, and to a lesser extent, Ganner Rhysode.

They're not brats. They're just arrogant. And they paid the price.

Darthspectre84
1 August 2003, 02:55 PM
So now they are arrogant brats :P hehe
Anyway...i find that the Jedi had a good wake up cool. True millions of deaths and all. but the SW unvierse was getting abit boring cause a Jedi would use the force and trick his opponents. Now the YV changed that. Creatures who have become sucha meance to the jedi only beaten by the Dark jedi and Sith.

Also anyone notice that how many times Luke almosty lost another of his students to the darkside? alot of times.

Deck
2 August 2003, 12:51 AM
If I'm not totally mistaken. Kyp is also mentioned in <i>I, Jedi</i>. A part of this novel is like a continuation of the <i>Jedi Academy Trilogy</i>, but with the differene that Corran Horn is the main character.

Nova Spice
3 August 2003, 09:19 AM
If I'm not totally mistaken. Kyp is also mentioned in I, Jedi. A part of this novel is like a continuation of the Jedi Academy Trilogy, but with the differene that Corran Horn is the main character.

You are indeed correct, Deck. And it is in this book that Corran first expresses his distrust for Kyp that we see carried over into the New Jedi Order.

Though he is not a critical player in I, Jedi, he is a player nonetheless. ;)