PDA

View Full Version : Back from Gen Con! What an experience!

Master Dao Rin
29 July 2003, 11:30 AM
Yippee! B)

First off, I have to say, if you're any kind of real gamer, you've got to make the trek to Gen Con at least once in your life. It is, to say the least, worth the experience.

I won free stuff. :hansolo: The only down point was the fact that the WotC castle was still pawning off FIRST EDITION star wars RCR books instead of the new 2nd edition.

Boo, WotC, boooo!

Now I still don't have the second edition after getting ANOTHER rule book. And I checked the ones on the shelf for publication dates too after I got my copy. They were ALL first edition. :raised:

I met many of you here, including the good Reverend, Klecser, Moridin Frobi, various Darths including Xavier, Curtis, GMSarli, Nazgul, and a several others. It was nice meeting you guys, and gaming with you, and you totally made my convention worth the trip. You guys are awesome! If any of you are in the Victoria, BC, area, give me a shout and I'll return the favour here in my tiny corner of the galaxy.

Other than that, however, I got to meet David Prowse, Dermot Crowley, Ray Park, Kenny Baker, Michonne Bour-whatever, Shannon whatever, Mary Oyaya, Daniel Logan, and Jeremy Bulloch. They were all super nice and really great people. I even got to be Kenny Baker's personal assistant for a couple of hours on Thursday, and Mary's on Sunday!

How cool is that!?! :D Nothing beats that. <insert hyper-ventilating fan moment>

;)

Note only that, but everyone I met in Indianapolis was friendly and helpful, and I didn't encounter one rude person. And the viddles and grits were great! It was really hot and humid, though, but not bad considering the heat wave here at home. Lots of people talked funny (which was cool :D ), and I had a great time with all the SW-RPGnetwork members who showed and played games with them and others. I even met all the biggun's and bosses (and former employees) of the SW line, including JD Wiker, Owen Stephens, Bill Slaviscek, Chris Perkins, and Ed Stark among others. Plus people like Margeret Weis and yadda, yadda, yadda, lots of "famous" people.

They were all super nice and friendly too.

I had an awesome time. It was a privelage to meet and/or spend some time gaming with you all. I hope you all made it home safely. Thanks everyone, and to those that didn't go, save up the couple of hundred dollars and go! I did it for less than a thousand and I crossed the continent to do it without any problems.

Cheers,
Darren

Chris Curtis
29 July 2003, 01:34 PM
It was great to meet you, too, Darren! And Jon, as well. I definitely plan to hit GenCon again next year, so if you guys'll be there, too, then we'll have to do another Star Munchkin game! :D

Thanks for helping make it such a great Con. Now all we have to do is get everyone else to attend next year!!

The Ghost
29 July 2003, 01:35 PM
i'm kind of amped about GC-SoCal. the Indy one is just too close to Comic-Con for me. but a december one is just about right.

Moridin
29 July 2003, 01:58 PM
Well, it was great meeting you too, MDR. Next year we'll all have to do it again.

dgswensen
29 July 2003, 02:06 PM
Damn, makes me wish I would have gone.

Nova Spice
29 July 2003, 09:54 PM
I'd of loved to have been there. Though I'm still saving up the cash for the trip to Indiana. Look out Bob! ;) :D

I figure maybe next year, after I'm meshed into the college thing and have an idea about my schedule.

wolverine
30 July 2003, 02:56 AM
AS mentioned above, in the when to meet thread, i was there, but due to my GMing commitments, for the Sparks D6 Starwars campaing, i could not get away on saturday. I did check out the room the SWRPGNETWORK was listed for on all days but thursday, but only saw 2 people from here. Maybe next year, you guys could come on into my section, or even better, combine your room with the GB7 Role playing room.

Nafai
30 July 2003, 04:26 AM
I'm sorry my wife and I couldn't make it around to your area, wolverine, but since we were only there for two days, our itinerary was packed pretty tight--we didn't even get to play in the UF game! We literally ran in, took pictures, and ran out.

I was hoping you'd show up at the SWAG gathering at Buffalo Wild Wings on Saturday night, though. I'm sure you still had a great time, but I could have dealt you in to our Sabacc game! ;)

wolverine
30 July 2003, 11:18 AM
I would have, had i not been involved in several schemes. One involved the planning for making a load of money. The other would have actually been the making of it. But due to one of the other 2hr blocks running over by about 2 hours, i could not do it.

Reverend Strone
30 July 2003, 10:45 PM
Gen Con was so awesome, and that highlight for me was definately meeting and hanging out with all my SWRPGNetwork and SWAG buddies. I can't tell you enough how cool it was to goof around and game with all these fine folks. Truely awesome. I'll be there next year no matter what.