PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Battle Arena - Round 1

Remus Lightforce
4 August 2003, 09:48 AM
I didn't see any of these type games on here. They're fun! =p. Anyways, let's see how this works, and if it's on the right board (seems right to me, but feel free to move it if it isn't).

Give your character a name, and a class. Choose equipment if applicable. Sign up, and once we have 5 combatants, we'll begin!

To explain further, this is basically a dice-rolling game. You can attack once per day, and you specify who you wish to attack. I'll roll a 20-sided die, and if your result is equal to or over the defender's defense number (standard defense is 10), you hit them. When a person's HP is reduced to 0, they lose.

Let's not delay any farther, here's the classes!:

------------------------------------

Jedi Knight

Want to be a mighty flashlight swinging Jedi? Be my guest.

Stats:
You do not need to choose equipment. You possess a lightsaber and simple clothes only. A Jedi requires no more.

HP: 80

Lightsaber: A lightsaber causes 30 points of damage. Any incoming blaster fire directed at the Jedi Knight has a 1/4 chance of being deflected back at the attacker, causing them however much damage their weapon does. This is determined by rolling a 4-sided die. If the result is 4, you successfully deflected the attack.

-----------------------------------

Soldier

A tough combat veteran, the Soldier is the master of ranged combat.

Stats:
You will be equipped with light armor and a blaster rifle.

HP: 100

Blaster Rifle: A blaster rifle causes 25 points of damage.

Light Armor: This body armor reduces the damage inflicted on you by 5.

There you have it. The winner of Round 1 not only automatically gets a spot in Round 2, but their character levels up.

A Level 2 Jedi Knight gains 20 HP, and a Force ability.

A Level 2 Soldier gains 30 HP, and a Blaster OR Armor upgrade.

For example, here is how you would sign up if you wanted to be a Jedi character:

(Insert character name here), Jedi Knight

Please make sure that if you sign up, you can be on every day. An inactive player is very frustrating.

I've got no reason to fudge die rolls, since I'm not playing, and I don't know any of you IRL. Have fun, everyone!

Chris Curtis
4 August 2003, 10:04 AM
There is a Roleplaying forum specifically for these types of threads. Send a PM/email to the moderator for this forum and they can move this thread over to that forum for you.

Remus Lightforce
4 August 2003, 10:10 AM
Ah. Will do.

I thought the Roleplaying forum was for those crazy "I attack you", followed up by "Nope, you missed".

You know, those FOREVER fights =p.

Emperor Xanderich II
5 August 2003, 05:02 AM
Moving to Roleplaying

Dax Freeman
5 August 2003, 05:40 AM
I'm game. I don't usually play a Jedi when I roleplay, but I will this time. But I have a bad feeling about this. I probably won't survive the first round.

Character name: Rendo
Species: Rodian
Class: Jedi Knight
Equipment: Lightsaber *
*Rendo has constructed his own lightsaber

Dice don't fail me now.

Remus Lightforce
5 August 2003, 09:09 AM
-------------
Rendo, rodian Jedi Knight
FREE SLOT
FREE SLOT
FREE SLOT
FREE SLOT
-------------

Alright, we've got one =p.

AzmoDanakar
14 August 2003, 08:30 AM
Hey Remus, here is one for ya, dont know if you are still doing this.

Character name: Kai Myro
Species: Duros
Class: Soldier
Equipment: Blaster Rifle

What else ya need?
:D

Remus Lightforce
16 August 2003, 04:49 PM
Thanks for the enthusiasm, but it looks like this idea's been grounded. Maybe later :).