PDA

View Full Version : Fav EU charctures

Josou
7 August 2003, 06:07 AM
Whos you fav eu charactures, I asume most will say Thrawn (an idiot in my view, a non-human who put to much stock in his underlings abilities and loyalties and pays the price; the nogries turning on the Empire.)

Grand Moff Adrdus Kaine
Moff Kentor Sarne
Grand Admiral Grant
Grand Vizier Sate Pestage

True Imperials and good charactres too

Josou

:emperor:

Emperor Xanderich II
7 August 2003, 06:13 AM
Moving to New Republic Discussion

Jim Williams
7 August 2003, 06:18 AM
My favorite EU character is Leia Organa Solo.

Okay, some of you just went, uhhhh, dude, you did see the OT, right?

I think Liea, in themovies, was treated rather superficially and almost completely as a romantic foil. (Must....not...think...of her....kissing...Luke) GAH! To continue:

Her treatment in the EU has brought out her leadership traits, her qualities as a woman, wife, and mother, and a survivor of Alderaan.

Or from a technical aspect I'd have to go with:
Wedge
Janson

AzmoDanakar
7 August 2003, 08:17 AM
As far as baddies go,
I really like Ysanne Isard. She has her faults and intelligence is not one of them. The way she manipulates Kirtan Loor and tricks Rogue Squadron is great.

Hero faves have to be Wedge Antilles (duh), Corran Horn and Tycho Celchu, but the more I think about it, the more I like all of the Rogues and the Wraiths.

Oh and when Booster Terrik beats the crap out of Bors'k Fey'la- I screamed out loud, " YES, about dang time~! "

Dashdar
8 August 2003, 01:16 PM
I have to say Wedge.

I know what he was in the movies, but he is just a lot more developed in the books and well, ya gatta love Wedge!!!

Though I must add that I hate everything about the NJO.

Master Bob
8 August 2003, 02:57 PM
My favorite is Thrawn. He was very inteligent and nearly
defeated the New Republic.

I think he is the coolest despite what others say.:thrawn:

Nova Spice
8 August 2003, 03:38 PM
Wedge and Corran have always held a special place for me. And I think both of them have grown on me even more thanks to the New Jedi Order series.

In the X-wing novels we were shown how good Wedge truly was as a leader and a pilot. By the time the Vong invade, we are shown the psyche of the man who survived two Death Star runs. We are shown his devotion to ensuring the sacrifices made by all those in the past are not taken away, as the Vong move to erase the New Republic he fought so hard to create. We are shown his love for his wife and his children, and we are shown the extent he is willing to go to protect his friends (Luke, Mara, Corran, Face, Tycho, Wes, etc.), while at the same time showing the enemy how far he is willing to go to defeat them.

As far as Corran goes, the X-wing novels and I, Jedi gave us a person with a rich history, family tradition, and a desire to live up to his name. The NJO has shown us more aspects of Corran, as father and as Jedi. And despite all our doubts, it seemed that Corran had a humble side as well. His friendship with Wedge and Luke has proven to be the bond that keeps him going. And I think that perserverance in the face of total defeat is an attitude that wasn't explored thoroughly enough in the other novels.

So I guess you can say, that my fan favorites, Wedge and Corran, are finally complete. They are as well-rounded as the Heroes of the Rebellion. And I think we owe Aaran Allston, Michael Stackpole, and the NJO authors much gratitude for expanding the personas in Star Wars.

AzmoDanakar
9 August 2003, 08:24 AM
That last bit Nova Spice really makes me wanna read the NJO books. I stopped after the Xwing and I, Jedi.
I knew that all iconics were off having kids in the EU NJO, but I would love to read about Corran as a father. I could totally relate to him in I, Jedi, with him being so in love with Mirax and the parenthood thing.
Guess its time to hunt down some paperbacks at my local book exchange, Nova you have finally sold me on the Era.

Nova Spice
9 August 2003, 12:20 PM
Good to hear, Azmo. Valin, Corran's son, actually has a role in Edge of Victory I: Conquest. Corran stars in both Dark Tide novels, Edge of Victory II: Rebirth, Star by Star, and the Enemy Lines duology. He also has minor roles in a couple of other novels.

I suggest starting from Vector Prime and working your way up. I think, once you begin to read, you'll find it's a series you will not want to put down. ;)

Captain Kranz
9 August 2003, 11:43 PM
My favorite is Kenix Kill aka Kir Kanos. He is the star in 'Crimson Empire', a comic.

Darthspectre84
10 August 2003, 06:53 AM
Ah Kir Kanos :) wonder if they will show him in the NJO? him and of course Mirith Sinn (sp?).

As for bad guys....hmmmmwell in NJO i would go for Nom Anor and Shimraa. Both incredibly evil baddies hehe :).
As for others.....well they would be Thrawn a great tactical genius..bad sadly he criticised the rule threw fear and trusted his subordinates and payed the price for that ;)

Nova Spice
10 August 2003, 07:44 AM
As for bad guys....hmmmmwell in NJO i would go for Nom Anor and Shimraa. Both incredibly evil baddies hehe

I agree with you on Shimrra. He's without a doubt, the most evil villain in the Star Wars universe. He's single-handedly convinced the entire Yuuzhan Vong culture to slaughter the infidels. The deaths of trillions is on his fanatical hands.

As for favorite villain, it's a tie between Nom Anor and Thrawn. Both are uncannily intelligent. Although Nom seems to possess the incredible power to survive, no matter what. Which is why I admire his quality as an antagonist. He's never careless. He's calculating and he makes sure that he has an escape route should things go awry.

As for others.....well they would be Thrawn a great tactical genius..bad sadly he criticised the rule threw fear and trusted his subordinates and payed the price for that

I actually think that Thrawn's trust in his subordinates shows a great quality that is severely lacking in other antagonists. He exuded an aura of confidence that was contagious. His error, ironically, was in trusting an alien bodyguard. He himself was an alien in the Empire. And he made an error in thinking that the Empire suited other aliens (Noghri). I think Thrawn's death symbolized the Empire's ideology: that alien's are inferior to humans.

Nevertheless, this doesn't change the fact that he was a cerebral villain. This is a change from the norm. And it is for this reason that Thrawn and Nom Anor remain two of my favorite bad guys.

Darthspectre84
10 August 2003, 08:15 AM
You noticed Nova Spice how Nom Anor character is truly a crafty foe :) i liked him before his fall from grace but his new role has proven quite interesting. I personally hope he stays for quite a long time
And Shimraa himself :D dang that guy is far worse then Palpatine. Palpatine had the darkside to aid him.....but Shimraa, he is huge! and we dont know what powerful implants he might have.

Jake Sunspot
10 August 2003, 02:10 PM
Corran Horn is by far my favorite EU character. After reading I, Jedi I'm begining to feel that he is my favorite SW character all together. The prominent role he plays in the NJO can only add to my love of the character.

I also like Face Loran, Wedge Antillies, Mara Jade, and Tallon Karrde quite abit.

As for Villians, Ysanne Isard is my top favorite along with Thrawn and Admiral Dalaa.

Master Tryka
10 August 2003, 07:31 PM
There are so many to choose from.... ugh... Mara Jade rocks, and reminds me of my girl, so I should say her, but I can't.... Corran is great, but no, not enough....Thrawn and in turn Pellaeon were good, Daala was ok, I like the Solo kids all, but my choice has to be Kyp Durron. He cruises the cusp of the darkside and goes semi-rogue atoning for it. He, in my eyes, in the NJO beginings, is the second most powerful force user, behind Skywalker, whose evolution (especially thru Zahn) has been magical, considering I always hated him until ROTJ. And Kyp helps bring Jaina back, and is an excellent Devil's advocate for Skywalker, and shows that all the NJO aren't all gonna just fall in line. I'm still waiting for Jacen to take his seat at the head of the table, however. I, as I'm sure everyone does, have a feeling he's just gonna rock in the Unifying Force.

Jim Williams
11 August 2003, 06:32 AM
How did I forget Nom Anor?

Smart, breaks the rules, he's so perfectly amoral and self-serving the Emperor could have learned a few tricks from him.

It takes a lot for me to wish a villain would die. And now, funny enough, I hope Nom lives and buries an amphistaff right in Shimra's throat...

Darthspectre84
13 August 2003, 01:45 PM
Heretic! You dare speak about the Dreaded One like that :P ;) even though i like Nom Anor, i would still like Shimraa to live cause this guy makes Palpatine look like a bully heh.

Tramp
13 August 2003, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Darthspectre84
Heretic! even though i like Nom Anor, i would still like Shimraa to live cause this guy makes Palpatine look like a bully heh.

Like a Bully??? He makes Palpatine look like a boyscout!!!! 8o 8o 8o

I'd have to say that my favorite EU characters are Mara Jade Skywalker, and the Solo kids. Mara's a beautiful and strong woman who's a great foil for Luke. and the Solos each have unique qualities that bring them to life. Jaina is also a hottie. :D :D :D

Darthspectre84
14 August 2003, 03:24 AM
I would say that someone likes Mara and Jaina but i think that is clear enough :) but the NJO books have had great impacts on the Solo kids who have seen the true tragedy of war. To them it was abd guy you beat and win but dang they lost so many people.
Then of course there is always Droma..his role got bigger and bigger later on didnt it ;)

Wedge in Red2
14 August 2003, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by Tramp

Jaina is also a hottie. :D :D :D

Dude, your obsession with a fictional character is beginning to disturb me :).

J

Figureman2
25 August 2003, 05:22 PM
I'm gonna have to say that Nawara Ven was one of the coolest. It's pretty hard to beat someone who is both an amazing fighter pilot and an equally amazing lawyer. The courtroom scenes in The Krytos Trap were some of the best material in the SW books, as far as I'm concerned.
I like the whole Rogue and Wratih crew, pretty much, and Corran is one of my favorites. Mirax Terrik is probably the best female character in the Star Wars mythos.
As for badguys, Warlord Zsinj probably tops my list. A great tactician, but inherently human in all of his strengths and flaws. His death scene was also just plain cool. Ysanne Isard was also great, although after a while it became apparent that she was gonna betray everyone she worked with. Also, Pellaeon is a fun character, so props to him.

Remus Lightforce
30 August 2003, 10:07 PM
1st: Nom Anor
I share the earlier desire for Nom Anor to bury an amphistaff in Shimrra's throat. Somehow you feel sorry for him, respect him, and want him to succeed, even when you know he's pure evil. Now that's a deadly character!

2nd: Vergere
It was always a treat to read anything dealing with Vergere, as most every passage involving her was interesting, and, on occasion, funny.

3rd: Ganner Rhysode
He has the distinction of having the best 'going out with a bang' out of all characters who have died in the EU.

Tramp
30 August 2003, 10:12 PM
Well, the statement he made in the end was brilliantly made:
This threshold is mine. Send in your thousands, one at a time or all at once, I don't give a damn... NONE SHALL PASS! That is pehaps one of the best, and most flamboyant, lines in the entire series.

BrianDavion
30 August 2003, 10:40 PM
I really like Ysanne Isard. She has her faults and intelligence is not one of them.

she's not bad. though Mike Stackpole seems to like the "clever manipulative " plot thread an aweful lot

Major T. Phennir
31 August 2003, 12:58 PM
Even though he was only around for a little while, the guy with a total of, I think it was, SIX lightsabers. I can't remember his name and I can't look it up because I left my books at home when I came to college. But he is in Rebel Dream and would beat anyone in a one on one fight. It was kind of cool the way he pushed a picture into someone's head and could control the humans on Corusant. I almost feel bad for him since, I believe, it was his own mother that turned him into the ultimate fighting machine. By the way does anyone know what was in that room that he was trying to get into?

Remus Lightforce
31 August 2003, 07:47 PM
It was the lifespring of pure force energy, right?

Tramp
31 August 2003, 07:51 PM
And the guy's name was Lord Nyax. He used to be Irek Ismaren.

Rogue Janson
1 September 2003, 03:42 AM
Nom Anor's definitely become an extremely interesting character over the last few books. I find that I really want to know what's going to happen to him from a character point of view, which is something that hasn't happened with many other characters.

The authors have done well creating a villainous character who remains threatening despite the fact his plans regularly fail. Nom ANor seems to be the ultimate survivor - so many times you think there's no way he's going to get away with what he's done, then he manages to somehow.

Remus Lightforce
1 September 2003, 07:04 AM
Stupid Jedi always messing up Nom Anor's brilliant plans.

....wait...what?