PDA

View Full Version : Surviving members of the Jedi Council

Jeskan
13 August 2003, 05:30 AM
I was always curious about what Jedi Council Members survived Geonissis and when did they die off or leave the council. I also want to know what happened to Yareal Poof and Yaddle because they are not on the council in ep 2

Here are the Jedi I know survive Geonisiss:
1.) Yoda :yoda:
2.) Mace Windu :sabersml:
3.) Ki-Adi Mundai :cerean:
4.) Ploo Koon :plokoon:
5.) Depa Billaba (she is off the council 6 months after BoG)
6.) Sasii Tiin
7.) Shaak Ti
8.) Adi Galia

Here are the Jedi that die:
1.) Eeth Koth
2.) Coleman Trebor

I'm not sure about these guys though, does any know anything about them after BoG:
1.) Even Piel :evenpiel:
2.) Oppo Ranciss
3.) Yaddle
4.) Yareal Poof

Church Climbin Ryan
13 August 2003, 05:36 AM
The Power of the Jedi sourcebook says that Saesee Tiin and a few others die at Geonosis, but I never even saw Master Tiin there. I believe it also says Evan Piell died there too.

But in all honesty, I don't trust what I don't see in the movie myself, and the novel said nothing of those masters dying. In other words, don't be surprised if you see some of the masters you read had died sitting in their seats on the council in Episode III.

Jim Williams
13 August 2003, 05:40 AM
I believe the PotJ sourcebook lists Saesi Tinn (sp?) (Dude, that's a tough name to remember!) as not surviving the BoG.

Yaddle died in the Jedi Quest books between Ep I and II.

I think Poof died between I and II also.

Hope that helps

Rouge8
13 August 2003, 06:26 AM
Sasee Tinn and koth both lived. I think I remember seeing that at Star Wars.com. I also read somewhere else that Wizards made a death mistake.

Faraer
13 August 2003, 07:17 AM
Although various Jedi have been said to die, Lucas Licensing didn't really know who'd be on the Council in Episode III until about now. So they've hedged the question by not showing the whole Council in EU sources. We may get that information soon, now that various EU editors and authors are getting to see the script.

The fates of Yarael Poof and Yaddle are shown respectively in Zam Wesell (one-shot comic) and Jedi Quest #6 The Shadow Trap, which take place in 27 and c.25 BBY.

Nova Spice
13 August 2003, 10:43 AM
Some of you have it wrong it seems.

Confirmed Surviving Members:
-Yoda
-Mace Windu
-Plo Koon
-Ki-Adi Mundi
-Adi Gallia
-Oppo Rancisis
-Even Piell
-Saesee Tiin (who can be seen in the circle of Jedi)*
-Depa Billaba (who remained at the Temple on Coruscant)
-Shaak Ti

Confirmed Dead Members:
-Coleman Trebor (killed by Jango Fett)
-Eeth Koth (killed when his gunship was blown apart)**
-Yarael Poof (prior to AotC)
-Yaddle (prior to AotC)

*Saesee Tiin was thought dead initially after the Battle of Geonosis. He survived, barely, and has been permanently scarred by the loss of half his right horn
**Eeth Koth was killed when his gunship blew apart after Yoda rescued the ring of survivors. You might recall seeing a gunship destroyed from Mace Windu's viewpoint in the film. That was Eeth Koth.

Rouge8
13 August 2003, 01:18 PM
You sure? I've heard taht that wasn't Eeth Koth there.

Church Climbin Ryan
13 August 2003, 03:54 PM
Eeth Koth was there. He can be clearly seen in atleast one shot at the Geonosis battle.

Saesee Tiin can also be seen, though I don't remember seeing him wounded.

I'm warning you, Nova, if you're quoting EU to say that Tiin was wounded, I'm gonna belt you one!!! lol

Rouge8
13 August 2003, 03:55 PM
I know, I saw him too, though I've read that that wasn't him, but another Zabrak (not in the EU) somewhere else.

Church Climbin Ryan
13 August 2003, 04:09 PM
Then it must've been his identical ××××ing twin, cause he looked *exactly* like Eeth Koth

Jeskan
13 August 2003, 04:20 PM
POTJ is incorrect. Eeth Koth does die, the other Zabrak u see is Agen Kolar. At www.starwars.com, under the ep 3 databank, it says that Yoda, Mace, Koon, Ki-Adi, Shaak Ti, and Saesee Tiin are going to be in it. So that means that most likely Even Piel, Oppo Ranciss, and Adi Galia
die. Shatterpoint describes wat happens to Depa (I don't want to ruin it for u if u haven't read it).
Just out of curiosity, how does Yareal and Yaddle die (In the campaign I play in my character learned Morichro from Yaddle).

hisham
13 August 2003, 04:22 PM
The Zabrak shown igniting his saber beside Bultar Swan during the start of the Geonosis free-for-all was not Eeth Koth. Eeth Koth was a brown-skinned dude, that's a dark-skinned dude.

This dark-skinned dude's picture was also WRONGLY placed in the Eeth Koth entry in the POTJ sourcebook. But straight from the kaadu's snout at this here link (http://www.starwars.com/community/askjc/jocasta/askjc20020903.html) , that Zabrak is named Agen Kolar.

In rea life they did not get the actor who played Eeth Koth to return in AOTC. He was credited in AOTC because the Jedi Council scene employed unused footages from TPM with the original actor filmed three years earlier.

EDIT: Jeskan beat me to it. ;)

Rouge8
13 August 2003, 04:22 PM
ok. So Eeth Koth died earlier? I knew I didn't lose my mind!

So that means that most likely Even Piel, Oppo Ranciss, and Adi Galia die
Actually most of the council memebers have a term, and they are all ones that apply to that.

Reverend Strone
13 August 2003, 05:01 PM
I can never understand how folks get Agen Kolar and Eeth Koth confused. They look nothing alike!

Agen Kolar pic (http://www.geocities.com/kwenn8/agen.html)

Eeth Koth pic (http://www.geocities.com/kwenn2/koth.html)

I think the confusion stems from that POTJ mislabelled photo.

Nova Spice
13 August 2003, 08:27 PM
ok. So Eeth Koth died earlier? I knew I didn't lose my mind!

Eeth Koth dies in the exploding gunship. Agen Kolar, the other Zabrak, does not die. Both Kolar and Koth survived the initial stages of the Battle of Geonosis. It wasn't until Yoda rescued the survivors that Koth died. Separatist suppression fire destroyed his gunship, killing Koth, another Jedi, and seriously wounding Sora Bulq (the Klatooinian Jedi Knight).

I'm warning you, Nova, if you're quoting EU to say that Tiin was wounded, I'm gonna belt you one!!! lol

Sorry CCR!

Saesee was injured after Yoda rescued the survivors. He was one of the Council members (along with Mace and Ki-Adi) to lead a battalion of clonetroopers against the battle droid armies. He was initially unaccounted for after the battle and was labeled dead. Eventually Republic forces found him still alive, and returned him to Coruscant. He does, however, have a permanent wound to his right horn (it's cut in half).

And what is wrong with the EU? It's the future of Star Wars. And to quote a famous author:

"I don't know why some fans refuse to accept the EU. This purist mentality is really garbage. Star Wars was made to be bigger than the movies."-Matthew Stover (author of NJO: Traitor and Shatterpoint)

Church Climbin Ryan
13 August 2003, 10:02 PM
Agen Kolar and Eeth Koth look almost identical. They have the same hair, even the same horn pattern. I think they might even have the same tattoos. The only difference is that Agen's skin is several shades darker, but anyone that doesn't have an Eeth Koth poster on his wall could easily make that mistake. But yeah, I think the PotJ thing screwed me up on that one. But nonetheless I stand corrected.

Nova:

So in other words, Saesee Tiin was never wounded in the Geonosis arena, 'cause all you got is EU, and that doesn't mean a damn thing as far as the films are concerned.

Ha! Famous author my ass. I've never heard of him, so he can't be all that famous. Furthermore, he's an NJO writer, the very worst of the EU material available. It's only natural he'd defend himself in such a way. He's totally biased.

In other words, Matthew Stover can take his NJO and shove it.

(I'm gonna get kicked off this board for sure this time... Sorry Strone, it had to be said)

Nova Spice
14 August 2003, 06:54 AM
Ha! Famous author my ass. I've never heard of him, so he can't be all that famous. Furthermore, he's an NJO writer, the very worst of the EU material available. It's only natural he'd defend himself in such a way. He's totally biased.

CCR, all I can do is laugh. Matthew Stover is Star Wars newest and most talented author. Traitor is arguably one of the best novels in the EU, as is Shatterpoint. Those are his only two forays into the EU, both of which sold over two million copies (Traitor sold 3.1 million).

I've read everything in the EU, and the NJO is the best of it. The story is far better than Thrawn or even the X-wing novels. Of course, I've already discussed this numerous times. So, for further information, check out my thread in the NJO forums: The Themes of the NJO.

I wouldn't call it biased. As I believe the good Reverend said when discussing Paul Klein's review of the GCG: "I wouldn't call that bias, I would call it appropriate."

So in other words, Saesee Tiin was never wounded in the Geonosis arena, 'cause all you got is EU, and that doesn't mean a damn thing as far as the films are concerned.

So Coruscant doesn't mean anything? George Lucas borrowed that from Timothy Zahn (which would be EU). Did you know that Lucas was leaning toward not making the prequels in the early 1990's. But when he saw Zahn's books selling off the shelves, he realized their was a market. That's also a stated fact. And Lucas announced that an EU character will be appearing in Episode III. You might also recall Aayla Secura from Episode II, she was originally from the EU, now she's also going to be starring in Episode III.

The EU and the films are one and the same. They are Star Wars. ;)

Jeskan
14 August 2003, 07:41 AM
Nova. CCR. The movies and EU share a symbiot circle, one can not survive with out the other(sorry about the Obi-wan quote thing, but it works). Star Wars, to me, is not the same without EU.

This thread will now return to its regularly schedulled topic:D

Reverend Strone
14 August 2003, 03:07 PM
Okay, nice debate, but this is way sidetracking the thread, so let's cool it here and drop the EU debate. Pick it up in PMs or start a new thread, although I have to say this is a discussion that has come up many times before and comes down to personal taste in the end.

Also, the inability of some folks to carry on a discussion without getting direspectful to eachother is starting to aggravate me, especially when it's folks who have been here for long enough to know better. Come on guys, let's try and act our ages.

Someone's getting a private e-mail from me on the subject too.

Errin Orwain
17 August 2003, 06:13 PM
Koth was on that gunship when it blew up. Just pause the DVD when Yoda and Company are flying to the staging area and zoom in on the gunship in the background.it's pretty grainy but ot looks like he's there, then boom, he not there anymore.

Saeros
4 September 2003, 06:48 PM
Aayla Secura forever!!! Shes awesome.

Ardent
5 September 2003, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Errin Orwain
Koth was on that gunship when it blew up. Just pause the DVD when Yoda and Company are flying to the staging area and zoom in on the gunship in the background.it's pretty grainy but ot looks like he's there, then boom, he not there anymore.

It's not grainy if you blow it up on a true digital medium, which I'm sure someone has done. I'm too lazy to do a web search, however. ;)

Frankly, I'm not terribly concerned. I wouldn't mind being surprised by an entirely new Jedi Council in Episode III. I think that'd be a nifty move on GL's part. ;)

BrianDavion
6 September 2003, 10:45 PM
*Shatterpoint Spoilers*

I think genosisi isn't going to be the only place where members of the jedi councel die. sounds like Deba Billiba ghas gone totatly nuts

Jeskan
7 September 2003, 05:17 AM
What do u think happens to Depa by the time the Emperor comes into power? It would be cool to add her in a rebellion campaign as a Dark Jedi after the pcs.

BrianDavion
7 September 2003, 11:36 AM
could very well happen. Palpatine did seem intrested in her fate. though her insanity seems to be almost a catatonic insanity. still she could definatly make a good dark jedi villan for th e rebellion era

Darth L33T
12 January 2004, 10:31 AM
In Star Wars: Tales Volume 1, Darth Vader has a showdown with the Dark Woman, the master who trained what's-her-name... That infamous Jedi Hunter, she's in the Dark Side Sourcebook.

Obviously she survived Geonosis long enough to face Vader in the Post-Purge years... Specifically when the match takes place? Your guess is as good as mine.

Jeskan
15 January 2004, 03:31 AM
You mean Aurra Sing, right. Dark Woman also trained Ki-Adi-Mundi among others.

Darth Fierce
15 January 2004, 04:50 AM
I know some people have suggested that Adi Gallia was killed off in the Battle of Geonosis, but from what I remember, she wasn't even there. I know one of her relatives (possibly cousin) was there, and did survive the Battle of Geonosis, at the very least until the clonetroopers arrived to support the Jedi.

Darth Fierce :vader:

johnnyputrid
15 January 2004, 06:20 AM
Adi Gallia's cousin was Stass Allie. She is now apparantly a member of the Council, according to an new update on the official site. No word on Adi's fate has been given yet.

Plo Koon, Stass Allie, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Saesee Tiin, Agen Kolar, and possibly Pablo-Jill (or another Ongree Jedi Master) are all seen in a rough shot of the new council. They also allude to the possibility of bringing back Even Piell and Oppo Rancisis to fill out some of the remaining empty chairs.

So far (including Mace and Yoda) that's 8 confirmed members. Maybe Kit Fisto, Luminara Unduli, Even Piell, and Oppo Rancisis wil round out the rest. But who knows with George.

Reverend Strone
15 January 2004, 12:38 PM
Careful folks. Please remember to paraphrase any Ep 3 material with a spoiler warning.

Nova Spice
15 January 2004, 02:54 PM
I know some people have suggested that Adi Gallia was killed off in the Battle of Geonosis, but from what I remember, she wasn't even there. I know one of her relatives (possibly cousin) was there, and did survive the Battle of Geonosis, at the very least until the clonetroopers arrived to support the Jedi.

Actually Fierce, Adi did participate in the Battle of Geonosis, along with her former padawan Siri Tachi. Both were flying combat air support in Jedi Starfighters in the atmosphere above the planet. This is explained in the PS2 game Jedi Starfighter.

Errin Orwain
15 January 2004, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Nova Spice

Actually Fierce, Adi did participate in the Battle of Geonosis, along with her former padawan Siri Tachi. Both were flying combat air support in Jedi Starfighters in the atmosphere above the planet. This is explained in the PS2 game Jedi Starfighter.

I'm sorry, but I don't really trust video games when it comes to information like that. I would like to "hear" stuff like that from official (EU)books, or the official website. No offense intended, but I have seen alot of stuff in the video games that just doesn't go with the rest of the Cannon material out there.

Reverend Strone
15 January 2004, 07:29 PM
I sympathise with that sentiment Errin, but for what it's worth, this comes straight from StarWars.Com:

From the Official Site's Databanks- Entry on Stass Allie:
Adi Gallia does appear in the Council sequences of Episode II, though no new footage of that character was shot -- the Council backgrounds consisted of Episode I archival footage. Stass Allie, played by Lily Nyamwasa, is seen in Palpatine's office and in the Geonosian execution arena. Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter reveals that Adi Gallia was at Geonosis as well, but was flying overhead as part of a Jedi starfighter strike force.

If you're like me you take what you like from the EU, whatever the source, and dismiss the rest. I kind of have my own vision of the SW galaxy, including some EU elements and conveniently forgetting others as befits my tastes, though that is of course of no relevance in debates over canon.

BrianDavion
16 January 2004, 02:58 AM
I kind of have my own vision of the SW galaxy, including some EU elements and conveniently forgetting others as befits my tastes

I think that is without a doubt the absolute best stance to take on continueality.

as for Adi, she appers in th e comics at the battle of Kamino

Darth Fierce
16 January 2004, 04:29 AM
Oooh...perhaps that's why I didn't know Adi was at Geonosis. If I'm hurting for funds to buy a X-Box, I'm definitely doing the same to purchase a PS2.

Oh well, from what I've heard, nobody's said that Adi was killed at Geonosis...

Darth Fierce :vader:

Nova Spice
16 January 2004, 05:27 PM
I'm sorry, but I don't really trust video games when it comes to information like that. I would like to "hear" stuff like that from official (EU)books, or the official website. No offense intended, but I have seen alot of stuff in the video games that just doesn't go with the rest of the Cannon material out there.

Well, I can't totally blame you, Errin. And under some conditions, I too dismiss material in some video games. However, there is a distinct difference in which games I take in accordance and which games I do not.

Many games like the old Star Wars games on the NES and SNES platforms naturally cannot be taken as official. Neither can other games featuring some of the more pivotal characters in Star Wars. However, I think games like Bounty Hunter, Starfighter, and Jedi Starfighter can be considered valid source material because their storylines only serve to provide background information on secondary and tertiary characters, which does not conflict with any of the established Star Wars lore.

And as a reminder, LFL considers all EU material "canon" unless it is marked with an Infinities logo. So, yes, unfortunately, The Crystal Star actually occurred. *mutter*

plo
14 June 2005, 08:19 PM
Ok here we go... Adi Gallia is killed between II and III, her cousin Stass Allie takes her place on council. Oppo Rancicsis is killed by Sora Bulq when he goes to the dark side ( bulq) Depa Billaba goes crazy and joins the dark side on Mace Windu's home planet. Even Peill is MIA assumed dead

hisham
15 June 2005, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by plo
Oppo Rancicsis is killed by Sora Bulq when he goes to the dark side
Holy froon! I was just reading that at the bookstore today.

plo
15 June 2005, 07:08 PM
oh forgot to add that Depa Billaba tried ot take her own life