PDA

View Full Version : Imperial Technology

Darthspectre84
14 August 2003, 05:32 AM
This thread is just asking the opinion of everyone of the great imperial weapons we have encountered. Now i was not sure if it needed to be placed here or in the New Republic thread so...

Anyway we have such cool weapons as the:
World Devastators
Orbital Night Cloak
Galaxy Gun
Corsucant Death Stars (would have made Coruscant the best defended planet)
There was something called a Hurlothrembic generator i red somewhere that produced fear in oppoenets.
Ecliypse and Sovereign Star Destroyers
Dark Troopers androids

just wondering what peopels thoughts are on these weapons and which they liek the most.

Deck
14 August 2003, 06:53 AM
I think you are right. It is better placed in the New Republic Era, as these weapons date from this era.

Thread Moved.

But now on topic: I miss the Suncrusher! :)

wolverine
14 August 2003, 08:32 AM
Actually, the thrombic thinggy was in the Game chambers of Questial adventure module.

My fave...
orbital night cloak!

Missing...

Eye of palpaltine.

Thoughts on others..

Sovereign and eclipse. Loved em. But damn why have we not heard anything about the sovereigns? Someone has said they were all destroyed in the "Time tales" book, but i would like to read it in a proper novel!

Deathstar
What more can i say!!!

World devistators were too borgish in my mind...

Galaxy gun was a good concept but why, if the 'missile' was hyperspace capable, did they have to have such a big honkin launcher?

And the dark troopers... Other than in the PC game, i have not seen any EU source for these so won't comment..

Darthspectre84
14 August 2003, 11:19 AM
I knew i forgot some :) thanks Deck for the shifting.

I think there were 6 Soveriegns that the Emperor gifted, we never find out what happens to them.

I also never understood the concept of using a huge launcher rather then just a long range missle. INteresting weapon though cause we never saw anything like it.
The Imperials had soo many good techs :) shame it was all defeated by some bunch of "Rebels" ;)

Nova Spice
14 August 2003, 06:08 PM
You guys left off a few other important notables:

-Nova Colossus
-Galaxy Destructor
-Nostril of Palpatine

These are from Han Solo's hand-picked favorites! :D

michaleg
15 August 2003, 05:04 AM
Hi,

I have to put my hand up for the Eclipse and Soverign SSD, axial super-laser just sounds great.

Michael G

Darthspectre84
15 August 2003, 08:05 AM
lol good one wasnt it Nova Spice :) that and the part where Han tells the interrogator that he better be good in it cause he was tortured by Darth vader...pricelss.

Back to topic now :) anymore fans fo Imperial Technology? any more thoughts? I personally think that the Sun Crusher is probably the most powerful weapon the Empire ever built. And i doubt they can top something small as a fighter yet can destroy an entire system. And i think the people of Carida agree with me ;)

Vanger Chevane
16 August 2003, 07:42 AM
that's strictly non-Imperial.

Centerpoint Station

Located at the Langrange point between Talus and Tralus in the Corellia System, this "space station" houses a huge hyperspace-repulsor believed to have been used by some ancient and forgotten race to haul planets from other star systems to build the collection of worlds (Corellia, Talus, Tralus, Selonia, Drall) aroud Corel.

Vast repulsors have been found buried in both Drall and Selonia, and are presumed to have been used not only to power Centerpoint's operations, but originally to place those worlds into stable orbits.

Centerpoint has been used during the NR Era to create a shockwave within a normally stable star that causes it to go nova, similar to the Sun Crusher, with with an extremely superior range.

During NJO Thrackan Sal-Solo used Centerpoint to cripple a Vong fleet (along with a sizable portion of the Hapan Task Force participating in that battle).

The durability and semifluid behavior of consoles, etc. of the station and Planetary Repulsors imply some sort of Nanotech Collective technology used to create and maintain them.

To date the only individual able to understand, control, and operate this ancient supertech has been the young Jedi Anakin Skywalker.

Darth_Cassed
17 August 2003, 10:12 PM
I consider just a Star Destroyer to be one hell of a weapon. They struck fear into people's hearts for decades....what more can you ask? Fleets of these things running around? Now that was a threat. Power and quantity, instead of just one superweapon. I love 'em =0D.

Why bring up Centerpoint if it isn't Imperial? It's no one's known technology, and technically is New Republic property for the moment.....

Not exactly a superweapon, Star Destroyers, but would you take a fleet on?

Darthspectre84
18 August 2003, 02:54 AM
Especially if you consider ramming the ISD into something :P wealmost saw that in the Jedi Academy books heh. oops i meant ramming into a planet.

Vanger Chevane
18 August 2003, 02:55 PM
part of the ISD's mission profile is to be able to bombard a planet into slag from orbit. That's a lot of firepower.

Cassed they got onto the topic of Superweapons & I felt it necessary to point out that the Empire isn't the only group out there capable of producing, or owning, Superweapons.

Josou
22 August 2003, 12:51 AM
Super weapons were excilent;

The Eclipse and Soverigne Super Star Destroyers were even more powerful then the feared Executor-class Super Star Detroyers and so heavily armed they didnt need any support ships and could still take on Rebel fleets.

The Eclipse-class Super Star Destroyer is my fav. Imperial capital ship simply because it is (or was) so powerful with 58 TIE squadrons and enough ground units to take a rebel fortress world.

World Devistators were an excillent designe; self contained factory warship which could grow to the size of an SSD given enough raw materials. Able to produce entire wings of droid TIEs and ground vehicles when needed was an excillent idea for the resource strapped Empire - but when did no warlord try to build his own World Devistator.

The problem with the Empire seemed to be that if a project failed it got canciled and they moved onto new ideas (with the exception of the Death Star's)

Josou

BrianDavion
22 August 2003, 09:30 AM
yeah the empire in the EU sort of became almost like the wilie coyote of science fiction.