PDA

View Full Version : **VISUAL SPOILER!!**! - Is this who I think it is?

hisham
15 August 2003, 04:23 AM
This is a partial screencapture of the main page of Starwars.com (http://www.starwars.com) today. You have the Emperor, the Royal Guards... and that guy behind him. Now, I'm not sure if this is gonna be in the movie, but it IS from the Official Site, so...

Any thoughts to who the guy is? I'm thinking Ratts Tyerell, the Aleema pod race from Episode I, who died on screen. Perhaps he didn't die, but was revived in this dark-clad, breath-masked ominous figure here.

Of course I could be mistaken. ;) So help me out here guys, WHO IS THIS??

hisham
15 August 2003, 04:25 AM
Sorry, previewing the post loses the attachment upload. My bad. Here we go again:

michaleg
15 August 2003, 04:56 AM
He is featured in a Dark Horse Star Wars comic (Empire series I believe)

Michael G

Church Climbin Ryan
15 August 2003, 05:22 AM
Rats Tyerell? LMFAO!!!

Good one.

Nafai
15 August 2003, 05:26 AM
I dunno. I heard something about the Snoodles family line making it into Episode 3. I think it's Sy's grandpa.

Nova Spice
15 August 2003, 05:45 AM
That looks like Anakin to me. Perhaps it is Vader's first incarnation?

Interesting picture, hish.

*Ponders*

Korpil
15 August 2003, 06:15 AM
Sorry to break out the news, but he is Grand Moff Trachta, a character from the Star Wars Empire comic series as michaleg stated.

You can see him here:
http://www.darkhorse.com/products/pg_profile/sku_11567/sec_search/index.html

hisham
15 August 2003, 06:26 AM
Thanks michaleg & Korpil. Ah, well...Too bad it wasn't him.

Okay people, move along. Back to your regularly scheduled shenanigans.

Corwin
15 August 2003, 09:06 PM
Why the long face Hish? Short of Vader, Grand Moff Trachta is about the best Imperial villian. More people really should read Empire :D

Josou
22 August 2003, 07:27 AM
I agree with Corwin that Empire is a great series but I have to disagree with Tratcha being a good bady.

He is a trator to the Empire who was being manipulated by both the Emperor and the young Moff who gets everyone to kill each other off so he can take control on his own.

Although I do like the cybernetics and the eye in the back of his head; quite a handy inplant when you work for the Empire.

Josou
:emperor:

Ardent
22 August 2003, 08:42 AM
Am I missing something, or is there a reason he's wearing a Lieutenant's rank badge?

Korpil
22 August 2003, 08:53 AM
The photo that hisham posted was taken from the StarWars.com website and take a look again where the rank badge is, and you'll see the beginning of the menu black border.

hisham
22 August 2003, 04:11 PM
Yeah. I hear this guy's rank badge is so long he has to turn sideways to get through doors. ;)

Darth_Cassed
22 August 2003, 10:56 PM
The fade in prevents the rest of the badge from showing? That'd be my only excuse....

He looks pretty cool though.....

Corwin
26 August 2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Josou
He is a trator to the Empire who was being manipulated by both the Emperor and the young Moff who gets everyone to kill each other off so he can take control on his own.

Your point being? He came this close to taking out Vader, and I'm not really convinced the Emperor knew what Tratcha was up to. Suspect, perhapes, but I don't think the Emperor was "playing" Tratcha against anyone.

Josou
26 August 2003, 11:45 PM
Your point being? He came this close to taking out Vader, and I'm not really convinced the Emperor knew what Tratcha was up to. Suspect, perhapes, but I don't think the Emperor was "playing" Tratcha against anyone.

My point being is that he came nowere near taking out Vader - that part was the Emperor testing Vader's sutability. Why else would he have him being monitored so he could watch the end fight.
The Emperor used Tratcha to gather together all of the trators so it would be easier to destroy them.

I know he looks kind of cool (if you go into that half man half robot look); but dont let that fool you - he gets greedy and tries to weave too intragal a web and ends up dieing for his treason.

Josou