PDA

View Full Version : Rogue Squadron 3: Rebel Strike- Is that what I think it is?

Sirch Akoras
25 August 2003, 12:23 PM
http://ebgames.com/ebx/categories/products/flipBook.asp?file_path=23%2F235855%2Feb%2Fpt_02.jpg&pf_id=235855

Is it just me, or is that a Sovereign/Eclipse-Class star destroyer in the background?

Sure looks like it to me. I tried setting the picture as my background, but it was out of proportion and was even harder to tell. Maybe someone with a good image editor could check it out?

Or, maybe you can tell from what that picture alone gives you.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/277506/Eclipse.gif

This is the picture I got when I trimmed and zoomed, then reduced some graininess. Sure looks like one of them to me... sorry about the white dots- Adobe PhotoDeluxe decided to throw them in for some reason.

Ardent
30 August 2003, 05:11 AM
It most assuredly is. RS3 is shaping up to be a fantabulous game.

Tramp
30 August 2003, 10:23 PM
That's definately the Eclipse, without a doubt, I just checked my old Dark Empire Source Book for verification, and it matches the silhoette, almost perfectly. The bridge section in back is a little off, but that is definately the same ship.

Rogue Janson
1 September 2003, 04:00 AM
The detail made me think it might be a bulk cruiser at first - some of them have a similar silhouette - but it does definitely look like a sovereign.

Tramp
1 September 2003, 12:33 PM
The Sovreign class has a different style front end. It's definately an Eclipse class SSD.

Rogue Janson
2 September 2003, 01:00 PM
oops. yeah, Eclipse is what I meant, just got muddled up and said sovereign by mistake.

mojo1701
2 September 2003, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Rogue Janson

oops. yeah, Eclipse is what I meant, just got muddled up and said sovereign by mistake.

Been watching a bit too much of the newer Star Trek movies, have we?

That's ok, I've been watching ]Nemesis so much everyone seems like a younger clone to me...

wolverine
3 September 2003, 02:48 AM
I think it looks more like a soverign to me...

Ardent
3 September 2003, 05:35 AM
The Sovereign-class Star Destroyer has more or less the same hull. It's just a little smaller. I believe only two were ever produced and one remains un-fitted around Fondor to this day. The other was destroyed? Probably. Nobody's using them, anyway.

Tramp
3 September 2003, 12:54 PM
If you look at page 91 of WEGs Dark Empire Source Book , it has Silhoettes of the Capital ships, including the Eclipse class, and Sovereign class SSDs. The profiles are completely different., especially in the front end. The ship in the picture definately has the front end of the Eclipse