PDA

View Full Version : Sharard Hett

Jeskan
30 August 2003, 04:40 PM
Who is Sharard Hett. I heard about him a few times but i never read anything with him in it.

hisham
30 August 2003, 05:07 PM
Sharad Hett was a Jedi who went to live among Tusken Raiders on Tatooine. He was later murdered by Aurra Sing. His son A'sharad Hett became the padawan of Ki-Adi-Mundi, wielding two lightsabers. I believe they feature prominently in the Dark Horse Series Outlander and Emissaries to Malastare.

Tramp
30 August 2003, 10:01 PM
To expand a little on what Hisham said, Shared Hett, actually became the War-leader of several Tuskan Tribes, and trained his son as his Padawan Learner. Ki-Adi Mundi took A'Shared on as his own Padawan after Shared's death.

Faraer
31 August 2003, 08:23 AM
He was a famed Jedi hero who disappeared in 47 BBY and was presumed dead until the events of Outlander in 32 BBY.

Ghengis Ska
4 September 2003, 01:07 PM
The son is going to be in another series/one shot put out by Dark Horse Comics paired with Anakin very soon, that one sounds to be interesting..

dragonseye
5 September 2003, 08:42 AM
Ghengis Ska,

Do you know which comic series this will be a part of? Star Wars Jedi or Republic. Or is it going to be a different comic? A'Sharad is my favorite characters from the comics.

From what I remember of the comic series with Sharard Hett in it, he united many of the tribes as a unified people as well as lead several Tusken tribes together in an uprising against moisture farmers who had attacked tusken tribes unprovoked. (Hopefully I'm remembering this correctly.) I believe Sharard Hett hid with the Tusken's on Tatoine in order to escape from his earlir life- hence why he didn't return to the Jedi council and correct them on his still being alive.

Ki Adi Mundi was sent to investigate and discovered that Sharard Hett still lived. As stated already, Mundi took Sharard Hett's son, A'Sharad as his padawan.

Also note that Sharard Hett had a Tusken wife and lived by the Tusken's culture. So A'Sharrad is half Tusken.

Ghengis Ska
5 September 2003, 09:13 AM
I read about it in SW Insdier last issue, where they had a blurrb on the character and i believe they where talking to Jan or John who is one of the republic writers and they mentione that there was going to be an issue with Anakin and him in it...
so i went over to DHComics.com and... Star Wars: Republic #59 Enemy Lines
Due out October 29th ish
In the aftermath of a battle on the desert moon of Aargonar, Anakin Skywalker finds himself stranded behind enemy lines with the last person in the galaxy that he wants to be with: fellow Jedi A'Sharad Hett -- from a Tusken Raider clan on their native Tatooine. For Anakin, their struggle to make it back to the Republic's lines also becomes a test of whether he can control his hatred of the Tuskens -- and whether or not he can keep the shameful secret of his murder of the Tusken tribe...

http://www.darkhorse.com/products/pg_profile/z_starwars/sku_12205/sec_products/sub_pubdate/index.html

Spicemonger3
7 September 2003, 08:13 PM
This is pure conjecture but wouldn't it be "weird" if the Tusken tribe Anakin slaughtered was Hetts tribe :raised:

Tramp
7 September 2003, 08:23 PM
Wierd? No. Scarey? Definately. Especially if A'Sharad were to discover that fact. Either way, we might just find out in that new comic book coming out.8o

Ghengis Ska
7 September 2003, 08:40 PM
From some thing written in the insider article, i don't think it is the same clan/tribe...

Tramp
7 September 2003, 08:47 PM
You're probably right, more than likely it wasn't the same tribe. It would be scarey if it was though.

Faraer
8 September 2003, 07:06 AM
The EU noble-savage Sand People are one of those bits of premature speculation that we'd have been spared had authors been privy to the whole SW saga or had a bit more insight into how it works. So John Ostrander gets the job of patching over this particular discrepancy.

Tramp
8 September 2003, 07:41 AM
And what discrepincy would that be? The one thing that has never changed about the Sand People, is their dislike of outlanders. It would take a lot to gain the trust, much less friendship of the Tusken's. That doesn't make it impossible though; especially if you can prove yourself, and you're willing to live by their laws and customs. So I don't see a big discrepincy.

Darth L33T
12 January 2004, 10:24 AM
If you target the Jedi Starfighters in the last mission of the Jedi Starfighter game, your target indicator might identify one of the fighters as being flow by A'Sharad Hett!

Errin Orwain
26 January 2004, 09:51 PM
I know it has been a bit of time since A'Shared was taken as Ki-Adi Mundis padawan, but it seems to me that being raised among sand people would put him at a serious disadvantage in the starship piloting area.

gordoss_Vaa
3 April 2004, 07:31 AM
"Owout!" famous tuskin saying from lord darth vader of the sith

Ravnor
2 June 2006, 05:08 AM
A'Sharad is fully human, if you read the A'Sharad/Anakin story he reveals this.

NarCranor
2 June 2006, 11:26 AM
full stats and a write up can be found for a'sharad hett at http://www.fandom.swnsu.com

click on sourcebooks, download jedi masters a-k.