PDA

View Full Version : Shimra, force-sensitive?

Jeskan
31 August 2003, 04:45 PM
I just read Destiny's Way (which is also the only NJO book I have ever read), and I think maybe Shimra is force-sensitive but like on a different vein of the force, the one that Jacen can sense with his "vongsense". That is just a guess. Tomorrow i'm going to get Force Heritic 1-3, so that might shed some light on this subject. Please tell me if this is a very logical presumption, or some half-***ed assumption from i person who has only read one NJO book.

Nova Spice
31 August 2003, 07:39 PM
I just read Destiny's Way (which is also the only NJO book I have ever read), and I think maybe Shimra is force-sensitive but like on a different vein of the force, the one that Jacen can sense with his "vongsense".

First off, is there any particular reason you bypassed the thirteen novels that preceeded Destiny's Way?

As far as Shimrra is concerned, I concur. He's definitely Force sensitive. Though I suspect he may not realize that his power derives from the Force. My guess is that he believes his powers stem from either Yun-Yuuzhan or Yun-Yammka.

As a final note, I'd read the first thirteen novels in the series. You missed quite a bit of character and story development. ;)

Rogue Janson
1 September 2003, 03:56 AM
I think he probably will turn out to be Force sensitive, or at least the YV equivalent. The telepathy alone isn't actually good evidence, since it could just be similar to yammosk tp, but the fact he has visions makes the case stronger. This is particularly interesting because the only thing we've seen of 'vongsense' is the telepathy side of it.
All we need now is for Shimmra to start levitating small objects and it'll be conclusive.

Darthspectre84
1 September 2003, 05:50 AM
Actually you might have to consider that he is not...cause he knows quite well what he has done with Vong culture and society. At least thats what i got, and which book did he get a vision? cause its possible that he just says that to make people follow him. Personally i am rooting for that fact that he knows everything the vong believe in is an illusion :) cause that would make him even eviler hehe.
Perhaps Shimrra becomes force sensitive at the end of the NJO? that Nem Yim unlocks the secrets of Force sensitivity and gives it to Shimrra.

Ardent
1 September 2003, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Nova Spice
As far as Shimrra is concerned, I concur. He's definitely Force sensitive. Though I suspect he may not realize that his power derives from the Force. My guess is that he believes his powers stem from either Yun-Yuuzhan or Yun-Yammka.

Shimrra does not believe in the gods. He IS the gods. That's the dirty little secret of Yuuzhan Vong culture. The highest echelon knows the gods don't exist -- or if they did/do are not gods as such. Nom Anor is essentially a direct mirror for and of Shimrra in his role as Amorrn, the Prophet.

I think it's safe to say Shimrra knows the truth about the Force, so to speak, although he probably has another name for it. It's also pretty clear that it's even rarer amongst the Yuuzhan Vong than it is amongst the Star Wars galaxy. Which probably worries Shimrra.

Of course, I could theorize on this until you were so bored you'd start crying. ;)

Jeskan
1 September 2003, 11:07 AM
Nova the reason i skipped the books is because I at first wasn't interested in the NJO. That changed when my friend just recently persuaded me to read Destiny's Way. I read the book and imediatly I was enthralled. I just finished it yesterday, and this morning I went and bought Force Herritic 2 and 3, but they were out of 1. I learned a lot about what happend up to Destiny's Way through the NJO Sourcebook and my friend who persuaded me to read DW, so I don't plan on reading the previous books imediatly. I want to continue with the Force Heretics first, unfortunatly for me they're out of 1 so I'm gonna have to wait till this weakend to finish up to Heretic 3:(

Darthspectre84
3 September 2003, 04:49 AM
Ah well....just telling you though that you are missing alot of stuff though :) like what was Nom Anor like before DW (Destiny' Way). And the amount of damage the vong did from the beginning cause the Vong were very very different in the beginning. Cause nothing could stop them. By Destiny's Way the moving juggernaut had been slowed down. Also some interesting Vong characters come :D
But glad you are enjoying the books Jeskan :)