PDA

View Full Version : The Clone Wars ( how long do they last?)

gambisto
10 September 2003, 07:59 PM
I guess the topic states the question. I am working on starting my new and first Star Wars campaing and was thinking of setting after ATOC. I am wondering if it has been mentioned anywhere how long the Clone Wars last for.

BrianDavion
10 September 2003, 08:37 PM
2 years IIRC

Tinsel
10 September 2003, 09:25 PM
i thought it was about 10 years long?!?!

BrianDavion
10 September 2003, 09:30 PM
ohh god no! there's only 2 years between episode 2 and 3. now what the clone wars lacks in length it makes up for in pure ferocity

gambisto
10 September 2003, 09:46 PM
Hmm interesting, I guess there is no real material or knowledge about what happens during those 2 years at the moment then.
Perhaps I should set my game just before it starts then run it at a pace that'll have the clone wars happening roughly when EP 3 arrives. ( Or some source material on what happens during that time.

JudroBathens
10 September 2003, 09:58 PM
According to what I've read, we're looking at something like 2.5-3 years. I had thought there were only two years between the films, but the Clone Wars timeline on the endpapers of Shatterpoint run to a point 30 months after the Battle of Geonosis...

Your best bet for info is probably to go here (http://starwarz.com/clonewarseu/). That should give you an idea of what you want to know; my campaign is in the middle of the war, and I've found the site to be pretty useful.

Spicemonger3
10 September 2003, 10:08 PM
There is a web site that is chronicaling all the EU(comic, novels, cartoons, videogames) between AotC and EpIII.

http://www.starwarz.com/clonewarseu/

I think this maybe one of the best web sites devoted to nonRPG Star Wars.

gambisto
10 September 2003, 10:11 PM
Excellent source, thank you. It will come in very handy.

Faraer
11 September 2003, 12:18 AM
The current information is that Episode III occurs in 19 BBY. Sites like The Clone Wars Unofficial Site, TimeTales, and Nathan Butler's timeline document the considerable detailing these years are being given.

I would recommend starting the campaign pre-Clone Wars so the players can experience how the Republic is before everything goes to hell, rather than having to take the shift on trust.