PDA

View Full Version : Vong in KotOR

Jeskan
15 September 2003, 02:32 PM
Did anyone catch the story about the asteriod Canderous shot at? He said after he unfroze it, it attacked them shooting plazma like stuff at them and almost melted their armor. He later said he chased it out of the galaxy. Thats probubly Vong, right?

Jim Williams
16 September 2003, 04:17 AM
I don't play KOTOR, but that's rather fascinating. Definitely sounds like a skip.

How far back in the past is KOTOR?

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
16 September 2003, 07:29 AM
A word of advice - you might want to put spoiler warnings for info like that.

Rogue Janson
16 September 2003, 11:45 AM
This is the Rumours and Speculation forum though, is there really a need for spoiler warnings? If you don't want spoilers, what are you doing browsing the forum?

KotOR is over 4,000 years BBY, apparently. Which is about 4,000 years or so before the Yuuzhan first reached the galaxy.

Doesn't look like the game cares that much for continuity though. Just from a brief glance at the website I can see a whole bunch of continuity errors.

Kanner Ra'an
21 September 2003, 04:22 PM
Thats pretty much impossible. The Yuuzhan Vong we're barly starting their scouting efforts around the battle of naboo. No way they were even near the galaxy by 4000 BBY.

Jeskan
22 September 2003, 10:15 AM
but it makes u think, wat if the Star Wars Galaxy origanaly was the Yuzhan Vong Galaxy? Wat if a skip went into something like hybernation and Canderous woke it up?

wolverine
22 September 2003, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Kanner Ra'an
Thats pretty much impossible. The Yuuzhan Vong we're barly starting their scouting efforts around the battle of naboo. No way they were even near the galaxy by 4000 BBY.

Who's to say, the vong didn't find the SW galaxy many moons ago, but left it be untill there was a need for them to find a new nesting ground???

Kanner Ra'an
22 September 2003, 11:31 AM
Who's to say, the vong didn't find the SW galaxy many moons ago, but left it be untill there was a need for them to find a new nesting ground???

The writers.

Jedi Master Talon
25 September 2003, 07:00 AM
It's possible that it's a skip because in one the books the YV attack Zonama Sekot and thats between Episode 1 and 2. I would say that it is a skip, or a bigger ship.

Rogue Janson
25 September 2003, 09:35 AM
It's possible that it's a skip because in one the books the YV attack Zonama Sekot and thats between Episode 1 and 2. I would say that it is a skip, or a bigger ship.
Yes but the force that attacked Zonama Sekot was one of their early probes. At a generous estimate, we could imagine that their earliest probes reached the galaxy maybe a century or two BBY. Which is a long long time after KotOR, since it's set 4,000 years BBY.

originally posted by Wolverine
To be specific, it's made explicit that the Yuuzhan Vong didn't know where the galaxy was before they were almost there. They were getting very discontended about their long travels before Shimmra revealed he'd seen the galaxy in a vision.

Spicemonger3
25 September 2003, 10:40 AM
Is it really that far fetched that over the course of history one skip got lost and frozen in ice, eventually ending up on the outer rims. This is Star Wars. Much like Canerous said later in KOTOR "where the force is concerned I wouldn't be surprised if the Dark Lord fell out of the sky.
So like it or not continutity or not it is there in the game.

Ardent
25 September 2003, 12:23 PM
Well, I try to look for the "tie-in" in all things. Personally I think it was just idle boasting, but it may have actually been a weird attempt at stringing together a logical sequence of events for the Yuuzhan Vong invasion by Lucasfilm Licensing.

However, I very much doubt that. It seems much more likely that the guys at BioWare were just joshing around.

Rogue Janson
25 September 2003, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Spicemonger3
Is it really that far fetched that over the course of history one skip got lost and frozen in ice, eventually ending up on the outer rims. This is Star Wars. Much like Canerous said later in KOTOR "where the force is concerned I wouldn't be surprised if the Dark Lord fell out of the sky.
So like it or not continutity or not it is there in the game.
Even in Star Wars terms I think it's too implausible to believe a skip managed to make it to the galaxy 4,000 years before the rest of the Yuuzhan Vong fleet. No exact figures are given for how long the YV have been in transit, but it is described as "generations", which implies a timescale of a couple of centuries at most. (If they had been travelling for thousands of years it would be described as 'hundreds of generations'.)

I have to agree with Ardent, it seems to me just like a little joke put in by the designers. (Probably to get people like us worked up.)

Jim Williams
26 September 2003, 05:11 AM
Would they do that?

Sure they would.

Like we have to remember there are certain parts of the SW "universe" of which we care about much more than GL ever will.

Jeskan
4 October 2003, 04:23 AM
I just read Final Prophecy and now I think its very possible that it was a vong ship.

Solo666
4 October 2003, 08:00 AM
Yeah it was probably before the Vong left. Who knows? Maybe that incident, or at least Sith Wars in general, is what caused the Vong to evacuate and search for... the place they just left.

wolverine
4 October 2003, 02:07 PM
I will second that thought. Pitty with Yen neb's death, we will have to wait for Zonma to divulge what the answer is..