PDA

View Full Version : Clone Wars Cartoon Promo

Spicemonger3
15 September 2003, 10:29 PM
Woot it is short, however the Force.net has uploaded a promo for the Clone Wars Cartoon from the Cartoon Network.
It can be found here.
[URL=http://www.theforce.net/episode2/index.shtml#21988]

Man I am like frothing, while I am not a big fan of the art style they are using, I am drooling for good Clone Wars stories.
This is gonna freakin rock hard. <---- substituing expletives

Darth Fury
16 September 2003, 11:35 PM
I think this is how he meant to do this;)

the Force.net has uploaded a promo for the Clone Wars Cartoon from the Cartoon Network.
It can be found
here. (http://www.theforce.net/episode2/index.shtml#21988)

dragonseye
17 September 2003, 07:55 AM
You can actually find the entirety (or at least nearly whole) add here (http://www.toonamiarsenal.com/misc/lf/swcw-shortpromo.mov) . The only problem I had with it is that it's very short and the sound is a bit bad.

Looks to be interesting, Now if only I watched CN during the afternoon in order to see it.

Ardent
18 September 2003, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by dragonseye
Looks to be interesting, Now if only I watched CN during the afternoon in order to see it.

It runs during Adult Swim, usually between Inuyasha and Blue Gender (aka 12-1am eastern). If you're that interested in seeing it, might as well watch something decent. ;)

dragonseye
19 September 2003, 07:33 AM
Jeeze, I must of missed it the one night I decided to go to bed before Inuyasha was on- I watch the show almost every night. Oh well, I'll see it eventually. Thanks for letting me know it's on during that tiem block.

Personally, the artwork for it looks quite interesting, but then I enjoy Samurai Jack's art style.:)

Ardent
19 September 2003, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by dragonseye
Jeeze, I must of missed it the one night I decided to go to bed before Inuyasha was on- I watch the show almost every night. Oh well, I'll see it eventually. Thanks for letting me know it's on during that tiem block.

np...I love Inuyasha so much that I stay up and watch it even when I'm supposed to be up at 4:30 in the morning. And I watch the credits every time. ;) It's probably the best thing on TV right now.

Personally, the artwork for it looks quite interesting, but then I enjoy Samurai Jack's art style.:)

Is there anyone sane who doesn't like Samurai Jack's art direction? It's totally groundbreaking and squeaky-clean and just incredibly rich. I know a lot of Japanese animators have been using similar methods since the early 80s (it's evident a bit in stuff like Lupin), but Tartakovsky just polished it so well. ;)

But I digress...it's usually on in or around that time block. Unfortunately Blue Gender has cycled through and is at its beginning again, so if you've already seen it you might be bored (as it's not a particularly good show the second time around). It might be on in the Saturday night timeblock or Big O's timeblock on Sunday, though...I'll probably let you know. ^-^

Dax Freeman
21 October 2003, 08:10 AM
I caught the full promo for the micro series. Very good so far! I'm quite impressed.

They also gave a date and time.

November 7 at six pm eastern.

Time to get the VCR working again!

Reverend Strone
21 October 2003, 01:47 PM
I enjoy Samurai Jack, so when I heard this was a possibility my heart took a jump. However, what I've seen in the promos has me even more amped to see this now. It's actually better looking than I thought it would be.

And thanks goodness it'll actually be showing in my part of the world too (if a couple of days behind)!

Ardent
21 October 2003, 02:28 PM
I'm trying to convince my dad to tape these five minute episodes for me, every day, while I'm on vacation. I'm not sure if it's going to work. :/

Any word on an uncut presentation?

Dr_Worm
21 October 2003, 08:26 PM
this is one of those situations where TiVo would come in incredibly handy.

Dr_Worm
21 October 2003, 08:27 PM
this is one of those situations where TIVO would come in incredibly handy!

Fred Getce
22 October 2003, 05:28 AM
Does Polly want a cracker?

HeheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Whipes tears.

dragonseye
22 October 2003, 07:27 AM
I've managed to see the first promo as well as two other longer ones. The animation deffinitely looks to be really good.

Just mark your calendars for November 7th at 8 PM eastern 9at least that's what the promos said from what I saw...). I just hope I have cable set up by then at my new home.

Chris Curtis
22 October 2003, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by Dr_Worm
this is one of those situations where TIVO would come in incredibly handy!

Isn't it, though? BTW, have I mentioned how much I love my TiVo? [evil grin]

Better yet, I think I'll have to use the new video capture card I got to record them so that I can burn them all to disc/DVD.

Syden Took
24 October 2003, 01:04 PM
I think there is no better drawler to make this cartoon. The man that made Jake is great. He wont crew it up i think. He will also put alot of action into it and i think is what make a great cartoon. I also think it is going to be good because KIT FISTO is in it. I think his smile is needed all over the galaxy. LOL, that is all for now.