PDA

View Full Version : Anakin Skywalkers new look.

BrianDavion
17 September 2003, 11:48 PM
there's a picture of anakin's "new look" for episode 3 here:
http://entertainment.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4459,7299770%255E7485%255E%255Enbv,00.html

thoughts and comments? I'd take this as a very strong indicator that by E3 anakin is a full jedi knight

Codym
18 September 2003, 03:52 AM
I found the picture to be very striking and dynamic, especially with the small touch of his under tunic now being black, and the hair is a dramatic departure from the traditional style. I've shown a few friends this pic and they have all been wowed (most didn't even realise that it was ultimately the same costume. The comparision pic to Luke that is at the same site is also startling.

However, without further evidence, I think it probably indicates how much disregard Anakin will have for the authority of the Jedi Council rather than his achieving knighthood, especially with the whole wedding thing and all. Or it could be that in the three years of war, he just had no time for a hair cut :D

BrianDavion
18 September 2003, 09:38 AM
and the hair is a dramatic departure from the traditional style

is it? the hair style isn't that diffrent fro m Obi-Wans.

Codym
18 September 2003, 10:41 AM
Obi-Wan hairstyle was very groomed, as has been every other Jedi's hair (except for Sam's,) while this one is quite wild. Its a small difference, but again it makes a big difference .

BrianDavion
18 September 2003, 12:23 PM
could just mean he's just got back from a mission where he lost a comb :)

_d4
18 September 2003, 03:22 PM
like the article said, the hairstyle is very "70s" style, tying it into the original trilogy very well. :)

it does make Anakin look like a full Knight. from what we've seen so far, padawans seem required to keep their hair cropped short, whereas knights have more latitude as to styling.

dgswensen
18 September 2003, 03:35 PM
He looks awesome.

Admiral_Atredies
18 September 2003, 04:34 PM
I think the new look gives him a more menacing feel, and it is quite 70's (a step in the right direction for GL, If I may say). Now he just needs mutton chops to finish off the ensemble :) ;).

Tramp
19 September 2003, 10:47 AM
I'm not sure if I'd callAnakin's hair-style "70's-ish" but definately wild and rebellious. I mean, my hair is longer than that.

Grimace
19 September 2003, 05:11 PM
Well, y'know, Tramp, you ARE a product of the 70's. ;)

I think the look is a bit more in line with someone who's going to get nasty. It's better than those silly "tails" that padawans get.

Tramp
19 September 2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Grimace
Well, y'know, Tramp, you ARE a product of the 70's. ;)

I think the look is a bit more in line with someone who's going to get nasty. It's better than those silly "tails" that padawans get.

You must have checked my birthdate, huh, 'cause you don't know how right you are. I remember seeing ANH at the Drive-in back in '77, scarey ain't it.

dgswensen
19 September 2003, 05:28 PM
The Padawan tails are probably a device to keep young Jedi self-esteem in line. How bada** can you really be with one of those things?

BrianDavion
19 September 2003, 06:02 PM
pretty badass it would seem considering :)

Spicemonger3
19 September 2003, 06:30 PM
Anakin had no self esteem problems whooping up on Dooku with 2 sabers and the wedding the most eligible young senator he could find.
Come to think of it Obi Wan had no self esteem problems either slapping around Maul, and being an obstinant headstrong padawan in general.

Wesly Senesca
20 September 2003, 06:29 PM
Anybody noticed that the look in his eyes plus the mullet kinda look like the badguy from Warlock? It might just be me, but then again, I used to have a doo similar to that and some of the guys I work with called me warlock for the same reason. Just wondering.

wolverine
21 September 2003, 06:49 AM
Ahh, someone else made that correlation. Though i made to julian sands (the actor from warlock) rather than to the warlock character.

Ardent
21 September 2003, 07:07 AM
I used to rock the same hairstyle, so I definitely think it's cool. ;) But it looks better with a moustache and goatee (or a beard), trust me.

dgswensen
21 September 2003, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Spicemonger3
[B]Anakin had no self esteem problems whooping up on Dooku with 2 sabers

And getting tossed like a rag doll, and losing an arm...

My post was mostly in jest, but Anakin has some serious self-esteem issues, haircut or no. :) Listen to his whine to Amidala early on in the film. "Obi-wan doesn't listen, I'm really good, why can't I take the trials? Wahhh!! Someday I'll be the most powerful Jedi ever, then I'll show 'em!" Frankly I think his bleating beats out "I was going to Toshi Station to pick up some power converters!"

So we'll see if the new do gives him some self-confidence.

Jericho_Narcas
21 September 2003, 02:49 PM
The Skywalker boys do seem to be whiners by nature, at least until they come into their own. After that, they don't have much reason to whine anymore.

BrianDavion
21 September 2003, 03:07 PM
most kids whine. tis i n their nature

mojo1701
21 September 2003, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Admiral_Atredies

I think the new look gives him a more menacing feel, and it is quite 70's

Just as long as it doesn't look like my attachment. lol.

Wesly Senesca
22 September 2003, 09:50 AM
Mjo1701==I got two words for that: Boogie Fever!

wolverine==So I never got to see all of the film--I.E. the end credits. Its all I had to go on. Also, take a look at his stare. To me, ti screams two things: brooding evil, or mindnumbing constapation. You be the judge!

mojo1701
22 September 2003, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Wesly Senesca

Mjo1701==I got two words for that: Boogie Fever!

Yeah, I know. I can just hear Mace break-dancing with his purple saber to the beat.

Ooh, and the clonetroopers doing disco moves as blaster shots shoot like disco lights past them.

Also, take a look at his stare. To me, ti screams two things: brooding evil, or mindnumbing constapation. You be the judge!

Why else do you think he went over to the Dark Side? :P

Fred Getce
23 September 2003, 05:15 AM
Anakin will be a Jedi Knight in EP3.

It will be towards the end of the Clone Wars. Many Jedi have died. As a result anakin has been given the rank of Jedi Knight to help keep the Jedi ranks up. Basically a battle field commssion. That is why his braid and tail are gone.

hisham
23 September 2003, 06:37 AM
He looks like Uma Thurman.

Seriously.

Codym
23 September 2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Fred Getce
Anakin will be a Jedi Knight in EP3.

It will be towards the end of the Clone Wars. Many Jedi have died. As a result anakin has been given the rank of Jedi Knight to help keep the Jedi ranks up. Basically a battle field commssion. That is why his braid and tail are gone.

Is this offical, or just a guess?

Fred Getce
23 September 2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Codym

Is this offical, or just a guess?

Partial guess partial official.

Obi-Wans line in A New Hope.

Luke: "You fought in the clone wars?"

Obi-Wan: "Yes I was once a Jedi Knight same as your father was."

giulliano
25 September 2003, 06:17 AM
Great look. It is indeed much better than the one in episode 2. I hope they make a good job in turning his looks closer to Vader. After all he needs to look like he will turn into one of the best villains in all the movie history.

Best regards.

Giulliano:bothan: