PDA

View Full Version : Good ol' Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee!

Moridin
20 September 2003, 12:15 PM
HOW ABOUT THEM VOLS!

Tennessee 24, Florida 10.

In the Swamp, no less. Hah! It's football time in Tennessee, baby!

(sorry, but we bleed orange down here in Tennessee)

Seghast
21 September 2003, 12:16 PM
Don't remind me that it's football time down here. I barely made it through last season without going on a murderous rampage. :(

Thinithil
21 September 2003, 01:16 PM
Go Gophers!!

And next week we get to play a real team!!

Boo Penn State!

Nova Spice
21 September 2003, 07:59 PM
Yea, well football season has been a pisser so far down here in good ole Alabama.

Auburn was ranked #6 before losing to both USC and Georgia Tech. They stomped Vanderbilt last week, but that's not much of an accomplishment. The first time we're ranked in the Top Ten in about a decade, and we freaking blow it. Typical of my hometown Tigers unfortunately. :(

Congrats Moridin. Though I hope your Vols throw up a goose egg against the Tigers when we clash. :D :P

That'd be a shock!

Jedi_Staailis
21 September 2003, 09:28 PM
Auburn was ranked #6 before losing to both USC and Georgia Tech.
I'm rather proud of my team (Tech) for that little piece of work. And then we played a solid three quarters at FSU the following week only to lose 13-14.

And then this weekend, we play Clemson (nothing against them, but they aren't ranked like Auburn and FSU) and lose 39 to 3. It's like it's not even the same team!

Major T. Phennir
22 September 2003, 06:43 AM
And as for us we are just plain bad. (I hope no one from WVU reads this or they might kill me.) Two weeks ago when we played Cincinnati both teams played like high schoolers so it is no wonder we lose to almost everyone.

Dr_Worm
22 September 2003, 08:43 AM
Wooo! Go Oregon! Heh, actually I couldn't care less about football, but I root for Oregon in anything.

Moridin
27 September 2003, 08:01 PM
Whew, a little less excitement today. The VOLS move to 4-0 after a narrow escape past South Carolina. I knew ol' Lou Holtz was crafty, but he'd trained his line to completely fool ours.

Next stop: Auburn Tigers. Here's hoping it's not another barnburner like tonight.

Nova Spice
4 October 2003, 12:40 PM
Next stop: Auburn Tigers. Here's hoping it's not another barnburner like tonight.

Today's the big day, Moridin! :D :P

I've got tickets, so I'm looking forward to a good game on both sides. Though, naturally, I'm hoping the Tigers screech by with a win. :D

Nova Spice
4 October 2003, 07:27 PM
That was one hell of a game. Thought Auburn was going to blow it near the end. *sigh of relief*

I've got to hand it to Tennessee, they were down three touchdowns going into the 4th Quarter. To come back and nearly win the game shows how tough a team they are!

The SEC is definitely the toughest conference in the NCAA. Hands down.

Moridin
5 October 2003, 06:21 PM
Nova Spice has been banned, following the Tennessee loss to Auburn.

Nova Spice
5 October 2003, 07:28 PM
Nova Spice has been banned, following the Tennessee loss to Auburn.

ROFL! :D :P

In all honesty, I'm as shocked as anyone else that we won. While I believed that Auburn had a chance in the pre-season to make a big statement this year, I realize that we were and are, overrated. :)

Tennessee will bounce back. Team as good as the Volunteers always do. ;)

As far as being banned, do I at least have the chance to an appeal? Can I challenge your call by using instant replay? Anything? :D

Moridin
6 October 2003, 06:24 AM
Sorry, no red bean bag in college football.

Thinithil
11 October 2003, 07:01 PM
I was about to bemoan the Gophers loss of the "Little Brown Jug" within their grasp. WITHIN THEIR GRASP!!! Feldercarb!! We had the thing unpacked and on the sideline!!! (figuratively) Anyway, then I saw what happened to Tennessee and now I don't feel so bad.

jeez what a weekend;) ;)

Moridin
11 October 2003, 10:51 PM
The entire state of Georgia is now banned from the Holonet.

Nova Spice
11 October 2003, 10:59 PM
Tennessee was screwed this weekend, Moridin. I could not believe that play before half-time! 8o

The entire state of Georgia is now banned from the Holonet.

Does that include Jedi_Staailis? He's in Atlanta and attends Georgia Tech, ee hates those Bulldogs as much as you and I do! :D

On a more serious note, I was pulling for Tennessee. If there are two teams I absolutely hate, it's the Alabama Crimson Tide and the Georgia Bulldogs! Tennessee losing is a pisser...... :mad:

Thinithil
12 October 2003, 07:45 AM
Don't give in to the dark side of the holonet Moridin. I know there's good in you..I feel the conflict.

Rouge8
12 October 2003, 02:34 PM
Illinois isn't banned yet. I spose that's a good sign, right?

Jedi_Staailis
12 October 2003, 03:25 PM
Does that include Jedi_Staailis? He's in Atlanta and attends Georgia Tech, ee hates those Bulldogs as much as you and I do!
Yes, to say that I'm not a UGA fan is a bit of an understatement. Our last football match didn't exactly go well for Tech, but I remind myself that at least we don't have so many useless majors (a bachelor's degree in exercise and sport science? A Ph.D in horticulture?). At least engineers are useful to society! :D

(No offense to any UGAers out there... it's all in the friendly spirit of the rivalry. :))

Moridin
25 October 2003, 04:33 PM
Oh. My. God.

I'm just thrilled I didn't have to ban the entire state of Alabama.

Nova Spice
25 October 2003, 05:21 PM
I'm just thrilled I didn't have to ban the entire state of Alabama.

That probably would only of consisted of myself. No big loss there, I suppose. :D

Lucky for you, Tennessee pulled it out. Though I imagine sitting through five overtimes is literally torture, at least you're not in my shoes. Auburn's ass is being kicked around by LSU. Great, eh? :mad: