PDA

View Full Version : The Official Issue Four Thread

LawgSkrak
1 October 2003, 07:29 PM
This is for when issue four is posted, so we don't have to read through all 60 posts of the Awaiting Issue Four thread.

:)

LawgSkrak
13 October 2003, 08:25 PM
Hello? :) Is there anybody listening?

hehe

evan hansen
14 October 2003, 07:04 PM
Let's keep the posts relevant and important, folks.

And more importantly, let's respect the fact that the Journal staff has lives outside of the Journal. It's 95% done, and if it takes longer than normal to finish it up, so be it. People have had personal problems, been celebrating the births of children, and all sorts of other things.

It's a volunteer publication, and I will not allow folks to make posts that are repeatedly in poor taste and, frankly, annoying.

*I* want the Journal out as much as anyone. But I'm not willing to dictate the terms under which a volunteer publication gets finished while the staff is still dedicated. If this were an issue of laziness, it'd be a different story.

In the meantime, please refrain from useless posts that are just prodding at the OJ staff. Consider this an advanced warning since I've gotten a few private messages as well as some public unrest.

Thanks.

LawgSkrak
14 October 2003, 07:32 PM
Sorry, I will not post again until it comes out. Even though you have totally misread the meaning behind my posts, I am sorry if I am annoying everyone. I'm merely excited and anxious for the next issue.

I don't see how asking every once in awhile how progress is coming along is annoying you guys, but I will stop if that is the case. I have stated repeatedly that I understand the Journal staff have real lives, and I do understand that.

Mostly what I'm doing is getting a progress report, and evan you gave it to me. You said that it is 95% done, and that is what I wanted to know.

Again I'm sorry. From now on my mouth will remain shut. I will show no interest whatsoever until each issue comes out.

By the way my articles for the next two issue are finished. Should I send them along now, or wait until after the next issue is finished?

Bjorn
5 December 2003, 04:47 PM
So, any idea when issue 4 will be released?

Can we at least get an update on the situation?

Bjorn