PDA

View Full Version : SPOILERS! Episode III Working Title!

Nova Spice
8 October 2003, 09:07 AM
I was rumaging through the news on theforce.net a few moments ago when I found this article pertaining to the title of Episode III. While it is NOT official, it seems that this is the working title for the film. Could this be another Blue Harvest or Jar-Jar's Big Adventure? Or is this the real deal?

http://www.theforce.net/episode3/index.shtml#22209

Check it out for yourself! ;)

Talon Razor 'GM'
8 October 2003, 09:17 AM
When I first saw this, I was a bit skeptical. Most corporations will register variations of their domain names to keep phony and mock sites from arising. Amazon has many variations of their name registered, as does a few others (like Microsoft).

The only thing that keeps me from dismissing it in it's entirety is that it is fairly similar to Return of the Jedi. We know that Ep III follows Return of the Jedi closely so far and it foreshadows the movie. Remember to, Return of the Jedi was going to be named Revenge of the Jedi. So there just might some truth to it.

We'll see....:P

dgswensen
8 October 2003, 12:06 PM
Really, if that's the title they go with, then things could be worse. It's not bad.

Wesly Senesca
9 October 2003, 12:09 PM
Now that title won't br used. I don't know how many people frequent that sight, but if the public gets ahold of it than Lucas has access to it as well. He might just change the name of the title because of it going public (if it is the real title or a close representation of it).

It does make sense compared to the original title for Episode VI. Too bad it probably won't get used, though.

Nova Spice
9 October 2003, 02:13 PM
Now that title won't br used. I don't know how many people frequent that sight, but if the public gets ahold of it than Lucas has access to it as well.

First off, I hope you aren't insinuating that because I posted this, GL isn't going to name Episode III after the working title. That's absurd.

Secondly, theforce.net receives more visitors per day than the entire RPG community receives in two weeks. It's the largest fan site on the web with over ten thousand posts per day on their forums! 8o

Thirdly, we know Lucas has access to it; it's the working title of his film. :D

He might just change the name of the title because of it going public (if it is the real title or a close representation of it).

Exactly. There's nearly a hundred percent chance he's going to change the title anyway. All of his movies except Episode IV have had "working titles" that were used in place of the actual title.

-Episode I's working title was "The Beginning"
-Episode II's working title was "Jar-Jar's Big Adventure."
-Episode V's working title was "Star Wars 2"
-Episode VI's working title was "Blue Harvest."

In other words, don't work yourself up too much. This working title is not going to be the actual film's name anyway. ;)

Master Dao Rin
9 October 2003, 05:30 PM
Nova - even bigger than the official site?!

Cripes, the general forum at SW.com has over 2 million freakin' threads alone.

:rolleyes:

Frankly, how anyone keeps track of all that is a bloody genius ...

Admiral_Atredies
9 October 2003, 05:52 PM
Just hope the final product is better than the acronym: ROTS. :)

Fred Getce
10 October 2003, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by Admiral_Atredies
Just hope the final product is better than the acronym: ROTS. :)

Rodents Of Titanic Size!

Wesley! Buttercup! Run!

Silent
10 October 2003, 07:13 AM
Revenge of the Sith seems pretty cool name to me, quite a bit better than Attack of the Clones. Personally, I'd have liked to see the 2nd called The Clone Wars, but that ain't happening. As for the acronym, that does kinda suck, but I think that it could be used regardless, since it's just so cool!

Ancient12
14 October 2003, 06:24 AM
Its probably going to be called something like:

The Fall of the Republic....

Nova Spice
14 October 2003, 04:07 PM
The Fall of the Republic....

There's yet to be a Star Wars film with five words in the title. It could be called just: Fall of the Republic. Personally, I look to see something to catch us all off-guard. Just as TPM, AotC, and RotJ have done.

BrianDavion
14 October 2003, 06:54 PM
I'd have liked to see the 2nd called The Clone Wars

why? that'd be like naming "Pearl Harbor" "World War 2"

Jake Sunspot
5 November 2003, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by BrianDavion

why? that'd be like naming "Pearl Harbor" "World War 2"

Actually it'd be more like naming a movie about the German invasion of Poland "World War II" but that's neither here nor there.

As far as the "working title" of EP III, I like it. Which means thats it probably won't be the actual release title. It would be cool though, and it would lend continuity to the 2 trilogies (sp?)

I just hope its not as dumb as Attack of the Clowns I hate that title.