PDA

View Full Version : Tales of the Jedi sites?

ranix65
22 October 2003, 08:32 AM
Hey everybody, long time since I've been here, and I wanted to ask a question.

Does anybody know of any good sites with info on the Great Sith War, the Great Hyperspace War, the Mandalorians(wasn't there a connection between them and the Sith?), and the Tales of the Jedi era in general?

I'm planning on picking up the trade paperbacks(already own Jedi vs. Sith and I'm ordering the rest) and if I find the Tales of the Jedi D6 sourcebook I'll probably pick that up, but for now I'm poor and need to find free info.

Jedi_Staailis
22 October 2003, 08:43 AM
TheForce.Net's TimeTales (http://www.theforce.net/timetales/) has just about every Star Wars source summarized and placed into the timeline. Read though the early Old Republic sections and you'll have all the info you need.

ranix65
22 October 2003, 08:48 AM
Ah; does it speak of the Mandalorians?

Also, in "Jedi vs. Sith", do you like the armor on the Jedi and the Capital Ship that looks like a Galleon, right down to the Solar Sails? I have to say that after looking at them, those were what clinched my desire to run in the Tales of the Jedi era, as opposed to say NRE(New Republic Era).

Was that ship's design common, or do you think it was more of a thing with Lord Farfalla's people?

ranix65
22 October 2003, 08:51 AM
Because personally, I really like the mythical feel that a starship like that gives, along with the whole armor thing(makes me think of the Jedi being reluctant to but pulling on their armor to face the threat of the Mandalorian Legions and the Sith Cults), that just does it for me.

Jedi_Staailis
22 October 2003, 10:22 AM
Actually, I've never read any of the comics, so I can't help you with any specific questions. :D I'm sure some other Holonetters have though.

I pointed out TimeTales, because, to my knowledge, it has just about every Star Wars source listed in there somewhere (see the Bibliography). The only exceptions I've found are that it sometimes takes time for newer sources to be catalogued. For example, Knights of the Old Republic (the computer game) isn't listed yet.