PDA

View Full Version : Separatist Worlds

Tocath
25 October 2003, 07:58 AM
In Cloak of Deception, it is mentioned that before TPM, Sidious caused several worlds to abdicate the senate and become charter members in the Trade Federation.

I see that as the starting of the Separatists, and am using it in my campaign for a hook. Does anyone know the names of these planets? Barring that, do you have knowledge of any EU planet that has ties to the Trade Fed?

Tocath

Nova Spice
25 October 2003, 08:07 AM
I see that as the starting of the Separatists, and am using it in my campaign for a hook. Does anyone know the names of these planets? Barring that, do you have knowledge of any EU planet that has ties to the Trade Fed?

A fairly obvious world would be Neimoidia, homeworld of the Neimoidians. It's located in the Colonies region, in-between Commenor and Balmorra.

Other Possibilities:
-Colla IV: located on the border of the Colonies and the Inner Rim, this planet is home to the Colicoids, creators of the droideka Destroyer Droids.
-Charros IV: home of the Xi Char religious sect. Manufacturers of the Trade Federation battle droids.
-Duro: homeworld of the Duros, close relatives of the Neimoidians. Also former proprietors of Hoersch-Kessel Drive Inc; the company that makes the Trade Federation Battleships seen in both Episode I and II.
-Nimban: located in Hutt Space, this world is home to the Nimbanels. Many Nimbanel clans purchased the Hoersch-Kessel corporation from the Duros, making them likely candidates as well.

I hope this helps. ;)

Tocath
25 October 2003, 08:20 AM
Nova, that's great info!

I've always had a soft spot for the Duros, so I'll probably leave them out of it :) Besides, Duro is too polluted for my purposes.

I think I may go with either Colla or Charros. They both fit the bill that I'm looking for. Is there anywhere I can head for further info on these two?

Also, I'm thinking about running one encounter on Subterrel, the mining world Dexter mentions to Obi-Wan in AOTC. Is there any information on this world besides the name?

Tocath

BrianDavion
25 October 2003, 09:07 AM
the Duros also HATE the Nemodians thus I suspect the Duros wouldn't join ANYTHING the Nemodians did

Darth Fierce
25 October 2003, 09:23 AM
Though not a part of the Trade Federation per se, the world of Muunilinst ("Money World"), homeworld of the Muun people (most notably San Hill), is a member of the Separatist Worlds through the Intergalactic Banking Clans. Therefore, Muunilinst has an alliance with the Trade Federation.

Another notable example of a world allied with the Trade Federation, while not being a part of the federation is Skako, homeworld of the Skakoan people and main base of operations for the Techno Union.

I would suggest that you pick up as many copies of Star Wars Insider as you can, because the recent issues have included a section called the CIS Shadowfeed which details information of what is going on amongst the Separatist Worlds.

Darth Fierce :vader:

Tocath
25 October 2003, 09:59 AM
Thanks Darth!

My campaign is running just after TPM. I'm going to run the campaign as an investigation into the Separatist threat and the corruption in the senate. Kind of. There's a thread in this forum where I spell out my intentions.

Anyway, I looked into a copy of the Star Wars insider from this month and did see the activity sheet, which gave me a few ideas. I'll have to start looking for additional copies.

Is there any history that says for how long the the Banking Clans and the Techno Union were allied with the Trade Fed? I'm wondering if it was as early as TPM. Anybody have information on their early activities?

Tocath

Spicemonger3
25 October 2003, 10:14 AM
Can anyone list the planets mentioned in the CIS Shadowfeed, not the stories mind you just the planets.

Darth Fierce
25 October 2003, 10:31 AM
I know Sluis Van, homeworld of the Slussi race, was one of the worlds mentioned in the CIS Shadowfeed. If I remember right Brentaal has also been mentioned in the Shadowfeed.

Another source that may be useful in determining which worlds have gone over to the Separatist Worlds is the website
http://www.holonetnews.com. Although the current entry page says something about the holonet being "closed to public use during the period of galactic emergency," you can still enter the holonet archives from a link near the bottom of the page. I'm sure that this website has information on worlds such as Ando, home of the Aqualish people, going over to the Separatists.

Darth Fierce :vader:

Darth_Cassed
25 October 2003, 12:08 PM
Techno Union had factory planets consisting of Fondor, Foundry, Mechis III, Telti, and Metalorn, so they've got to be major players.

The Commerce Guild was headed by Shu Mai, a Gossam from Castell. She tried and almost succeeded in getting the world of Ansion ot seceed, then the Jedi interevened. They are known for the spider droids.

Raxus Prime, an industrial wasteland, used by the Confederacy. Just a wasteland....

Admiral_Atredies
25 October 2003, 01:53 PM
I am fairly sure that Balmora got mixed up in some CIS disputes, and ended up in the hands of the Techno Union. I think this might have been from one of the previously mentioned srticles fromInsider, though again, not 100%. Obviously, worlds under CSA jurisdiction would be very likely to have Corporate Alliance sympathies, if not actualy part of it.

Faraer
26 October 2003, 05:36 AM
Some major parts of the history of the Separatist movement:
350 BBY: Trade Federation established, other commerce guilds we don't know (but they also substantially predate Episode I).
100 BBY: The Republic declares the Outer Rim a free trade area, and enables the Trade Federation to represent planets in the Senate. We can assume the commerce guilds are loosely affiliated at this point, acting together at times, separately at others. This is the point the Republic government starts to be rotted by corruption.
40 BBY: By this time, the Trade Federation effectively controls every known Republic trade route and hundreds of dependent systems.
c.32 BBY: An informal "pro-secessionist" movement starts to be discernible.
24 BBY: The Financial Reform Act collapses after an assassination attempt in the Senate. Systems begin to separate from the Republic.
Count Dooku re-emerges with fiery separatist rhetoric on Raxus Prime.
Army debate begins
23 BBY: The Battle of Antar 4, sparked by secessionists; when the Jedi fail to prevent it, Jedi public opinion plummets.

(Though Tocath's history deviates from this timeline.)

Dark72Jedi
2 November 2003, 05:22 AM
Here are some of the worlds from the Republic comic and other sources (ie Holonet News):

Abrion Major
Ando
Balmorra
Bespin
Brentaal
Castell
Dantar
Elrood
Jabiim
Kooriva
Lahara
Mirgoshir (Agamar)
Muunlist
Neimoidia
Ord Canfre
Raxus Prime
Skako
Sluis Van
Subterrel
Sy Myrth
Tantra
Tynna
Ukio
Yag'dhul

No doubt the Republic will reclaim some of these worlds. Most of these worlds were lifted from the Holo-Net news and the Unofficial Clone Wars site.