PDA

View Full Version : IC:Steal of a Deal



Tyrok
4 November 2003, 12:40 PM
After taking care of some business Konner Mutalix, Dayn Kra'al, Wen Ronin, Milo and their pilot, were returning to their ship.
Their pilot was a human male in his forties.
His hair was short and untidy, and a thick patch of beard hid half of his face.

It was getting dark, and the pleasant streets of a small Corellian town were getting more and more unpleasant.
As they approached the ship, they noticed a strange figure standing next to it.
It was a Twi'lek.
He was wearing expensive robes, and his green skin was blending in to the night.
“Greetings, my fine people. I hope the day finds you well. My name is Esm Arkhee, a branch manager for Interplanetary Acquisitions. Perhaps you've heard of us? No? We're new in this system, I'm afraid. I have a business proposition for you. You could stand to make a substantial amount of money. Please, walk with me to our offices. I won't take up more than a moment of your time”

After a moment he pilot looked at Wen. ”I’m interested. Shall we?”

Gyp Ryol
4 November 2003, 01:10 PM
Milo's deep brown eyes positively twinkled in the docking bay's light. His "business" on Corellia had gone off without a hitch, and the datacard rested snugly in his pack. He felt very energized, and what better way to end a trip than with some haggling?

Grinning as widely as his face would allow, he scurried up to the Twi'lek and shook his hand vigorously. "How are you today, my fine being? I'm afraid that I've never heard of your business, but your offer sounds very intriguing. Yes, yes, very intriguing. It's a fine ship, is it not? I myself was thinking about how much a ship of such fine quality would cost! Surely at least 20,000 credits if not more! Let's go! Let's go! I'm sure that we can all find a way to find an agreeable agreement for all of us, agreed? Oh yes, indeed I believe we can! What was the name of your company, Interplanetary Aquisitions? Sounds very important, a very nice name, oh yes yes. I.A. A very nice acronym. Has a good ring to it, don't you think? I.A. What is it that I.A. does my fine sapient?"

Milo spoke very quickly, babbling even, so good was his mood. He nearly lost control of his speech once or twice, but managed to remain coherent. All the while Milo pumped the Twi'lek's hand very cheerfully. His small frame, covered with steel gray fur, trembled with excitement at the idea of a round of negociations. He peered closely at the Twi'lek, trying to determine more about this possible customer.

EDIT: Grammer and mechanics. Call me a perfectionist.

coldskier0320
4 November 2003, 05:14 PM
Insectoid face expressionless, Dayn's eyes were twin onyx spheres in the Correlian evening. His business had gone quite well planetside, finishing a transaction started months ago, by delivering an expensive swoop, in exchange for technical readouts of a cutting edge hyperdrive design, the datacard that held the plans even now a rewarding bulge in Dayn's jumpsuit.

This twi'lek's offer, while mysteriously alluring, was not part of Dayn's original plan in coming to the Core. And as any good Verpine knew, if possible, you always stuck to the plans. After all, if you were building a hyperdrive, and failed to follow the plan, there could be terrible ramifications. This was no different, was it? Dayn didn't think so, but the nagging feeling that this was something interesting didn't leave, only becoming more persistent.

Finally, Dayn's tall for strode out into a shaft of light, emerald exoskeleton gleaming in the moonlight, as his extremely perceptive compound eyes first scanning the twi'lek in front of him, then the surrounding area, for anything that would indicate that trouble was afoot. In stony silence, Dayn Kra'al stares down at Arkhee. He would have raised an eyebrow at the alien, had his exoskeleton allowed him that kind of movement...or had his species developed eyebrows...

Tyrok
5 November 2003, 04:08 AM
The Twi'lek giave the impression of a nice business man.
Someone who always has a smile ready;
Nothing strange about him.
The night was very dark, and it was hard to see far, but the surrounding areas, seemed empty.
Not a single being in the night.

OOC:
I will post Esm's reaction, as soon as everybody posts.

Korwin Blade
5 November 2003, 05:01 AM
Unlike everyone else Konner didn’t have business on Corellia, he was just going home to see his father. The last time he was on Corellia was the day he told his father that he wasn’t going to join CorSec. That had been 5 years ago.

The Twilek’s offer seemed genuine enough, but Konner didn’t like surprises. This Esm Arkhee was either brave, stupid or both to be out in this area without some kind of escort. Konner casually rested his gun hand on the blaster strapped to his hip. He then looks the Twi’lek up and down and scans the area for anything out of place. Not seeming to see anything, he brings his attention back to the Twi’lek and his new friend Milo. He almost feels sorry for Esm Arkhee , but that soon passes.

Darklighter
5 November 2003, 06:08 AM
Wen Ronin's business had been the pilot's interests. Corellian space had been a little rough of late and the captain had been looking for a ship's hand that also could handle 'muscle duty', and so Wen had hired on. It had been an interesting trip. They'd taken on a colourful group of passengers, and Wen had quickly learned not to get the squib too excited about any conversation, or he'd never stop talking. Mostly, Wen failed in his efforts.

The run done, with cargo unloaded and bills of lading signed, crew and passengers were meeting back at the ship. As dusk turned to dark, they were met at their vessel by a twi'lek with a ready smile and a deal in hand.

The captain turned to Wen, his beard a mess as usual. "I’m interested. Shall we?”

Wen could have said something about people who do deals in the dark, but he held his tongue.

"Hey, if you want to do this, it's your credit," Wen replied.

Milo began talking Esm up, and Wen added with a smile, "Better move on it, though. You have competition."

Wen turned serious then. "But let's get a few particulars before we go anywhere. I'm not crazy about deals people want to start in the dark." His gaze circled their surroundings.

Wen had decided not to hold his tongue after all.

Tyrok
5 November 2003, 07:33 AM
Esm was obviously surprised by the Squib's reaction.
He drew his hand out politely, and took a step back.

"Of course, this is by no means a place for business.”
The Twi’lek said with a smile.
“Walk with me to our office.”

The pilot rumbled something to him self, and followed Esm.

The walk was a short one. The Twi’lek took the group through a series of dark and dirty alleys, to a run-down office building that looks like it used to be a hangar.
They enter the building through a small door on the south side of the building next to another large hangar doors.
The “office” was about 10 meters wide and 20 meters long, with strong lights all over the ceiling, burning the eyes. Debris covered the floor, and a desk with a computer terminal on the north side of it was the only excuse to call this place an office.
Several plastic barrels in front of the desk served as makeshift chairs.
There was another door, a few meters from the desk, on the north wall.

Esm walks to the desk, and gestures to the “chairs”.

"I beg of you, please forgive the conditions of our offices. Interplanetary Acquisitions has just expanded to this system. We haven't had an opportunity to move into more suitable offices yet, but we needed a place to do business. I hope you'll understand.” The Twi’lek said, his face quickly shifting from sad to a smile.

“Now, to business. What we'd-that is, I, on behalf of the company-like to do is offer to buy your ship. We think it has great potential in the resale market." The Twi’lek concluded, leaning with his hands on the desk.

“How much do you offer?” The pilot asked, rubbing his beard.

“15 000 credits.” The Twi’lek seamed to be aware how ridiculous the offer was.

The pilot laughed. “You got to be kidding me!”

“Okay, 17 000. That’s our top offer.” The smile was long gone from his face.

“Let’s get out of here, boys!” The pilot turned, and started for the door.

"All right, all right. Here is my final offer." He pulled a blaster from his sleeve, fired at the ceiling, and hid behind the desk.

The hangar door flies open, and five muscular humans burst in, blaster pistols drawn.
They quickly fan out, trying to get the party into a semicircle.

OOC:
I rolled initiative for you guys.
So here’s the order:
Milo
Konner
the pilot(you know him as Black, and yes that is a real name, not a nicknameJ)
thug #4
Wen
thug #5
Dayn
thug #3
thug #1
thug #2

coldskier0320
5 November 2003, 08:36 AM
Dayn's impressive height seems to get the attention of a few of the thugs when he moves to draw his weapon. From a pocket of his jumpsuit, the insectoid alien pulls a Verpine Shatter gun, the signature weapon of his race. Obviously uncultured, the thugs grin smugly at what appears to be a rickety old antiquated blaster pistol. Aiming at the nearest one, Dayn pulls the trigger of his weapon. The Shatter Gun twitches in his hand, a sure sign that the weapon was fired, despite the complete lack of noise on the part of the weapon, before seeing the weapons effects, Dayn smiled inwardly, knowing he's just sent hundreds of tiny metallic shards racing at one of those foolish enough to underestimate him.

(Move Action: Draw weapon; Attack: 12 (roll) + 1 = 13; dmg (if successful): 27)

EDIT: added my rolls, its been awhile :D

Darklighter
5 November 2003, 09:27 AM
OOC I'm assuming Wen has his heavy blaster, but that most of his other weapons are still on the ship.

IC As the business negotiations rapidly became a farce, Wen became uneasy, and so when Black decided it was time to go, Wen replied, "Yeah, definitely."

And that's when the pistol came out, the blast went off, and the thugs rushed in, armed with pistols

Wen quickly ducked behind his chair, drew his heavy blaster, and fired at one of the thugs.

OOC

Attack roll: 22 -- 16, +4 (BAB and Dex), +2 (PBS: point blank shot; I figure that since we're in the middle of the room, these guys have to be close enough)

Damage Roll: 15 -- 3d8+1 (PBS)

Tyrok, if you rule that the thugs are too far away for point blank shot to apply, just dock 2 from the attack roll, and 1 from the damage roll.

EDIT for typo. Yech.

Korwin Blade
5 November 2003, 10:41 AM
When Black turns down the 17,000 credits. Konner says “Hey Black that seems like a great deal for that old bucket of bolts you call a ship.” “You might not get a better offer again.” Konner is of course kidding and has a big smirk on his face as he says it. He stands up to leave with the rest of the group.

That’s when the pistol is pulled.

As its being fired Konner dives across the desk at the twi’lek grabbing for the pistol

coldskier0320
5 November 2003, 03:02 PM
OOC: Ummm, Tyrok? I think you forgot the 'lek in the Initiative order...?

Gyp Ryol
5 November 2003, 05:18 PM
OOC
Yikes! You guys post fast. I feel like I'm going to slow down the game.

IC
Milo's bright eyes and cheery grin were wiped cleanly away after the Twi'lek fired the blaster pistol. What kind of... But Milo had no time to finish the thought, as his acute ears perked up as he heard the thugs enter behind him. Milo recognized street toughs when he saw them. And there were no better example than these nerf-herders.

Before any of the others draw a weapon, Milo draws his heavy blaster pistol and pops a shot off a shot at one of the toughs, all the while remaining seated on his crate.

OOC
Move action: Draw weapon. Attack action: Ranged attack at +6. Attack roll: 20! Critical threat. Confirmation: 17 (roll) + 6 = 23. (I'd say that's a critical hit :D) Damage: 5 + 2 + 4 = 11.

EDIT: Me not knowing the HoloNet syntax.

Darklighter
5 November 2003, 06:42 PM
OOC
Move action: Draw weapon. Attack action: Ranged attack at +6. Attack roll: 20! Critical threat. Confirmation: 17 (roll) + 6 = 23. (I'd say that's a critical hit ) Damage: 5 + 2 + 4 = 11

Gyp, to get a critical hit with a blaster pistol, you have to roll a natural 20 on the die. That means a 20 without the +6 modifier you get. Check out p. 154 of the Revised Core Rulebook for the description of the critical hit.

Sorry about that, man. I'd have loved it if you'd dropped one of those thugs with a crit. :( Still, 11 points in damage may be enough to deal with one of these guys. Let's hope!

Gyp Ryol
5 November 2003, 06:48 PM
OOC
I do know the rules regarding criticals. Thanks for the concern. The above 20 is unmodified. I thought that the fact that I did not have any + and = made it clear that it was a natural 20. I guess I should have written "natural 20!" instead of just "20!" Anyway, thanks for looking out for me. So I guess the thug is dropped. :D

Darklighter
5 November 2003, 08:08 PM
OOC Sorry about that Gyp. Got a little confused about what was there, I guess. :o

coldskier0320
6 November 2003, 02:50 AM
Oops, just looking over my poat again...I didn't add my Dex mod for that attack. It should read:

Attack: 12 (roll) + 5 (ranged attack bonus) = 17

There we go...jeez.:P

Tyrok
6 November 2003, 11:07 AM
Almost immediately, Konner followed the Twi'lek, grabbing the blaster out of his hands.
The other panicked, bumping his head on the desk, and spreading his arms, to indicate that he is surrendering.
Now it is clear, that Esm is nothing but a weak-willed coward.

Meanwhile, the thugs ran toward the others, trying to catch them in a semicircle.
Before they could even rise their weapons, Milo spun swiftly on his seat, shooting one of the bruisers square in the chest.
The bastard fell to his knees, dropping his weapon.
His eyes wide with fear.
Moments later he fell face down;
Dead.

One of the attackers took an aim at the pilot, but he gave the old scoundrel too much time.
"What did you say about my ship?!" Black yelled, as he shot the other in the face.
The thug flew to his back, lifeless.

The sudden change in numbers scared the agressors.
They certainly didn't expect such a strong resistance.

The rightmost thug panicked, and let out a wild shot which missed Dayn by a meter, ricocheting of the walls and finally hitting one of the lights.
The mistake was fatal.
A fracture of a second later, Wen took a precise shot, hitting him in the chest.
The blaster bolt burned the flesh, and threw him back two steps.
He fell on his face a second later.

One of the thugs raised his blaster, and took a quick aim at milo.
The small creature twitched, almost falling off the barrel.
The shot missed him by an inch.

Dayn drawed something that, despite their fallen comrades, caused a smile from the enemies.
A short laugh for the ignorant,
The weapon twitched, as the Verpine drew the trigger.
Hundred of small metallic shards flew, digging into the thugs torso.
He flew to his back, blood starting to cover his chest.

The last of the attackers seemed to be a little smarter.
He jumped behind a barrel, and fired at the Verpine.
He cursed, as the shot missed wide.

The bolt was still ricocheting, as three more thugs sprang in.
"We are late?!" One of them exclaimed in awe.

OOC:
New order:
Milo
Konner
Black
thug 6
thug 8
thug 7
Wen
thug 5
Dayn
thug 1

Korwin Blade
6 November 2003, 02:35 PM
Konner grabs the Twi’lik by the throat with his left hand and points the pistol with his right hand in Esm’s face about an inch away from it.

Then Konner says, “Tell your thugs to drop their weapons or my friends will finish them off.” “And don’t even think of saying anything else or I will shoot you.”

As Konner says this he squeezes just slightly with his left hand and sticks the blaster barrel right up Esm’s nostril.

If this doesn’t work Konner say, “Do it now or I will shoot you.” If he try’s to speak Konner eases up with his left hand, but keeps the barrel of the pistol in his nose. Giving him that look, f*** with me and your dead.

Gyp Ryol
6 November 2003, 04:05 PM
IC
Milo brushed his fur where the bolt had passed him. Deciding that more cover would be best, he lept out off of his seat and crouched behind it. Taking careful aim, he shot at one the new arrivals, slightly smirking.

OOC
Move action: crouch behind barrel for cover. Attack action: 8 (roll) + 6 (+1 base attack, +4 Dex, +1 size) = 14 Damage: 5 + 4 + 5 (3d8 roll) = 14. As for the barrel, what do you think, Tyrok? Half-cover?

coldskier0320
6 November 2003, 04:37 PM
Dayn nods with grim satisfaction at his sidearm's handywork as the thug goes down, what used to be his chest now a horrid blanket of scarlet, shredded flesh.

Just as things are starting to end though, with just about everyone in the group taking their man, a trio of reinforcements charge in. Too bad, he thinks to himself, they have almost noone to reinforce.

Vaulting the desk behind him in a single leap, he crouches just to the otherside of the twi'lek, drawing a bead and sqeezing the trigger at another thug...

OOC: Move action to jump over desk; Attack: 8 (roll) + 5 (dex and BAB) = 13; Damage: 21

Darklighter
6 November 2003, 05:51 PM
The group had moved like a well-oiled machine. Konner had leapt the desk to deal with the twi'lek as the rest of the group ducked and snapped off a series of deadly shots, cutting their would be assailants down like the dogs they were!

Wen dropped his guy just in time to see the verpine, Dayn, pull out a rickety looking thing and destroy another thug.

I'll have to get him to show that to me later, came the thought at the time.

And that's when three more thugs ran into the room, looks of shock rapidly appearing on their faces. "We are late?!" one stuttered.

"And for your funeral, too!" was Wen's dry comment of disapproval as he rotated behind his barrel to keep his cover between himself and as many of the thugs as possible. He punctuated the end of his statement with a blast at another of the gunmen.

OOC

Move Action or Free Action - Keeping his cover (I called the barrel a chair in my last IC post); Attack Action - a shot; Free Action - witty rejoinder. :)

Attack roll: 17 -- 11 rolled, +2 BAB, +2 Dex, +2 PBS (Point Blank Shot; I figure that since we're in the middle of the room, these guys have to be close enough)

Damage Roll: 18 -- 17 rolled (3d8), +1 PBS

Tyrok
7 November 2003, 07:22 AM
The battle is going very well for the heroes.
Jumping behind his barrel, the Squib takes a careful aim and fires at one of the new arrivals.
The bolt pierces the thug’s stomach, leaving a distinguishable smell of burned flesh.
The poor bastard clutches for his gut, and falls to his knees.
He takes one last glance at his killer, a tainted look on his face, and than falls to his front

When a blaster appears in front of his face, Esm jumps frantically, bumping his head again.
“Drop your weapons! Drop your weapons!”

The thugs stop firing, and look at each other.

“Drop your weapons you idiots!” He yells, as the blaster draws closer to his face.

A fracture of a second later 5 blasters hit the floor.

“Freeze! Drop your weapons!” A man wearing an orange jacket, brown pants and boots, with a blaster drawn, was standing at the hangar door. A port authority official.

“That’s the fourth time I’ve heard that today.” The pilot said.

“Drop it!” The other yelled.

“Okay, okay.” He threw his blaster away. “So damn touchy.” He rumbled to himself.

“What the… You under the desk, get out!”

OOC:Milo, I forgot to include this in my last post, but you lost 10 VP when that thug almost shot you, sorry.
You get full cover from the three new thugs, but no cover against the other two.

coldskier0320
7 November 2003, 08:13 AM
As soon as the thugs drop their weapons, Dayn lowers his Shatter Gun. This is convenient since seconds later, a PA officer comes on the scene to break things up. Not even bothering to hear the drop your weapons command, Dayn drops his, before the man even speaks, into the same pocket it came out of. Gently though, the Shatter Gun was a very delicate piece of his equipment.


“What the… You under the desk, get out!”

Hearing this, Dayn rises, carefully, slowly, from his position, both of his three fingered hands out in the open. The present danger was gone, no sense getting shot now...

Korwin Blade
7 November 2003, 10:00 AM
When Konner hears the weapons hit the floor. He drops the blaster into one of the pockets in his pants. And drags Esm up from the floor, pushing him out in front. Esm trips and falls down. Thats when they are told to drop their weapons. So he put his hand out into the open.

Gyp Ryol
7 November 2003, 04:16 PM
OOC

you lost 10 VP
8o

IC
"Authorites," mumbled Milo nervously in Squibbian. With the adreniline quickly leaving his system, he suddenly felt much more tired. That blaster bolt had come a lot closer than he originally thought. Milo remained crouched behind his barrel, considering his options. He could stay and hide where he was, but chances were he'd be seen eventually. He could also stand and acknowledge his presence. Milo smiled slightly.

He leaped up onto the barrel, grinning widely. Hands planted firmly on his hips, he surveyed the damage with an approving eye. Looking at the officer, he attempted to appear even more friendly. "Thank the Force you got here when you did, officer! I feared these ruffians wouldn't have stopped until we were dead," said Milo, indicating his friends and the pilot.

OOC
I'm attempting to improve the officer's mood towards us, so that's a Diplomacy check. 14 (roll) + 8 (+1 Cha, +5 ranks, +2 species) = 22.

Darklighter
9 November 2003, 06:15 AM
When the the thugs dropped their weapons at a call from the twi'lek, Wen grinned a little.

Good work Konner, he thought, as he began to get p from behind the barrel and to cover the thugs.

And that's when the authorities arrived.

“Freeze! Drop your weapons!” A man wearing an orange jacket, brown pants and boots, with a blaster drawn, was standing at the hangar door. A port authority official.

“That’s the fourth time I’ve heard that today,” Black said. His pistol clattered to the floor.

Wen set his pistol on top of the barrel beside him. "Place must have an open door policy," was his dry comment. "Everybody OK?" he asked his companions as he kept a wary eye on the officials and the thugs.

The timing of the intervention had been suspicious in his mind, and he gave the officials the once-over. Could they be in on the heist?


OOC Wen's trying an unskilled Spot check.

Spot: 6 -- 5 rolled, +1 Wis.

Tyrok
9 November 2003, 09:40 AM
The man looked exactly like the other officials the heroes saw when they first arrived.
There was nothing unusual about him.
He couldn't help but smile at the little Squib.
The fellow could look so warm and inocent when he wanted.
With his furr, he reminded the man of a pet he had.

Esm stood up quckly, stumbling towards the official.

“You saved us, these creatures are insane savages…”

“Don’t move!” The other was getting very annoyed by everybody’s comments.

“Hey!” One of the thugs, the smarter one, waved to get the man’s attention. “I’m Grog Pomar, and I am the owner of this hangar. I can prove it too…”

“Save it for later.” Pointing his blaster at the group with his right, the man took out a small comlink from his pocket, with his left. “I need backup…”

Blaster fire was heard, and he jumped forward, his face twisting in pain.
He fell, and revealed a nasty wound on his back.

“What’s going on?! Respond!” A voice came from his comlink.

Time froze, and an incredible silence filled the hangar.
For a fraction of a second everybody looked at eachother.
Everybody except our good friend Esm, who ran out of the hangar in terror.

At the same moment, like a timed bomb, everybody grabbed for their weapons.

OOC:
The order is as follows:
thug #1
Esm
Konner
Wen
Milo
Pomar
Dayn
thug #2
thug #3

EDIT:Changed the thugs to 1, 2, 3.
Thanks Gyp.

Gyp Ryol
9 November 2003, 11:10 AM
OOC
Uh, two thug 6? Is there an error here?

IC
Yelping loudly, Milo got off of the top of his barrel and resumed his position behind. He snatched his heavy blaster pistol off the floor and waited tensely. Milo had a bad feeling about all of this.

OOC
Move action: get behind barrel for cover. Move action: grab weapon off the floor. Free action: Fret and worry. :P

Darklighter
10 November 2003, 06:50 AM
OOC Who shot the officer?


IC Things looked like they were going to be OK.

But appearances can be deceiving, and a blaster bolt blew away the officer, and Wen's illusions about how the next few moments would go down.

The only thing he could be sure of was that weasel Twi'lek would get away, as everyone else reached for their blasters, and another shoot-out was about to happen.

Wen wasted no time. He was glad he'd left his heavy blaster on top of the barrel, because it was within easy reach of his hand. He scooped it up, and squeezed off a quick shot at the thug named Pomar.

OOC Move Action - Pick up blaster; Attack Action - Shoot at Pomar!

Attack Roll: 15 -- 9 rolled, +2 BAB, +2 Dex, +2 PBS (Point Blank Shot)

Damage: 16 -- 15 rolled, +1 PBS.

Korwin Blade
10 November 2003, 08:40 AM
As the officer gets shoot, Konner is keeping an eye on Esm to see what he does next. If he run’s for it, Konner will chase him. As he does this he pulls out his own heavy blaster from its holster, and fires a shot at Esm. But not a killing shot, even though he wants too, just one to slow him down

coldskier0320
10 November 2003, 08:44 AM
Dayn's advanced compound eyes took in the sight of the PA officer falling to the ground with painful clarity. Still standing behind the desk, Dayn instinctively hit the floor. Hiding a 2 meter tall body was a difficult proposition, Dayn had found in the past, and the desk was about as much as he could ask for. Going over the shooting again in his head, he reasoned that for the man to fall forward, and be shot in the back, the threat must be coming from outside the hangar. He also realized that without Esm, the thugs were the only enemies in the building. And, as anyone who's spent time in the underworld knows, thugs are, at best, a justifiable loss. Suddenly he realized that nothing was stopping the unseen threat outside from lobbing in a grenade or three. Slightly alarmed, Dayn leans past the side of the desk for a peek outside as he draws his shatter gun, again...

(Move: Draw weapon, Spot check: 7 (crap roll) + 8 = 15)

Tyrok
11 November 2003, 05:17 AM
Things were getting hot in the hangar.
Everybody was painfully aware that the authorities were on their way.
Everybody wanted to get out as quickly as possible.

Esm was the first to act.
He started towards the doors, with incredible speed.
Luckily Konner anticipated this.

With storming speed, he drew his weapon, firing at the fleeing creature.
He missed!
The bolt flew past it’s target, and through the open hangar doors, in to the darkness.

Wen wasted no time.
He was wise to leave his blaster near his hand reach.
Swiftly he grabbed the weapon, and squeezed off a shot at Pomar.
The bolt missed the bastard by an inch!
Pomar wasn’t your regular brainless thug.
He knew very well it was time for him to follow the Twi’lek’s example.
Without a single look at his weapon, he ran through the door, and in to the darkness beyond.

It seemed nobody wanted to continue this firefight.
Black hid between the barrels and the desk, the two thugs disappeared through the same door they entered, Milo found his place behind a barrel and Dayn behind the desk.
Throwing a look outside, Dayn can barely see two figures.
One of them is fleeing the battle with great speed, and looks like Pomar.
The other is looking in to the hangar.
After a moment he runs the same way Pomar left.

Darklighter
11 November 2003, 11:12 AM
Wen had lifted and fired, but just missed Pomar.

"Dang!" Wen swore. He didn't need to look around long to know their situation was bad, with five dead bodies, one a port authority official, and authority back-up on the way.

"I'm going after them!" Wen said, charging out the door after Pomar and Esm, blaster in hand.

OOC Double move action.

Spot check to find Pomar or Esm once outside: 14 -- 13 rolled, +1 Wis.

Gyp Ryol
11 November 2003, 04:58 PM
Seeing the thugs run from the battle, Milo heaved a sigh of relief. Watching Wen take in the current situation, Milo had a little look for himself. He came to the same conclusion as Wen. He followed Wen's lead and ran as fast as his sneakers would allow towards the hangar doors. He yelled, "Wait for me!"

OOC
Double move action: Vain attempt to keep up with Wen.

coldskier0320
12 November 2003, 03:25 AM
With the sudden change of events, Dayn leaps to his feet and stands for a moment taking in the startling turn of events. Within a few short moments, he is alone in the hangar. Just before leaving, he pauses, connecting a cord to the computer terminal from his datapad. With a few keystrokes, he downloads the terminal's memory into his datapad, for later perusal at his leisure. Seconds later, he puts a shatter gun round into the terminal, then runs out into the night to join his comrades, figuring his longer legs will help hmi close the distance between himself and the rest of the group...

OOC: Computer Use: 17 (kick ass roll) + 11 (modifier) = 28
Attack: 5 (roll) + 5 (BAB) = 10; Damage: 22

Korwin Blade
12 November 2003, 04:53 AM
IC.Konner swears under his breath. “Damn it” He continues to chase Esm out the hanger and in to the night, swearing under his breath again wishing he had his swoop.

OOC Double move action

Darklighter
20 November 2003, 10:50 AM
OOC The thread's still here, and playable, guys.

Tyrok
20 November 2003, 11:12 AM
OOC:OK, just give me a couple of moments to eat something, another few moments to gather myself, and another 30-60 min to write my post:)
The other thread will be our OOC thread.

Tyrok
20 November 2003, 12:09 PM
The alley was dark, and narrow.
Abandoned buildings were all you could find in the vicinity.
Such a location you could expect from a nice lad like Esm.

Konner came just in time to see the trio speed away in a landspeeder.
A moment later, the rest of the party joined him in the now empty alley.

Korwin Blade
20 November 2003, 02:21 PM
As the other members of the group show up, Konner is swearing, “Damn!!! The next time someone say have I got a deal for you, I swear I am going to just shoot him.”

Darklighter
20 November 2003, 02:47 PM
Wen ran out into the alley in time to see three figures hopping into a landspeeder and flying away. He stopped and threw his hands up in frustration.

"Dang! Now we're really in it deep," he said, shaking his head and holstering his heavy blaster. He looked at the others as they caught up. "At least a couple of us should get to the ship and make sure it's secured," he said. "If any of us remain here, we're going to have to deal with the port authority, and they aren't too likely to treat us very well." He put up his hand. "I'm for getting to the ship, pronto," he said as he registered his vote.

Gyp Ryol
21 November 2003, 04:15 AM
Milo lagged behind the main body of the group, since his little legs could not keep pace with the others. He arrived just as Wen was making his suggestion. Milo immediatly said, "Yes, yes. I'm all for getting out of here as soon as possible, not to mention getting away from the port authority." He licked his lips nervously and took sharp glances around the alley.

coldskier0320
21 November 2003, 05:15 AM
Dayn makes up for the distance he lost with long strides and soon his lanky form is seen approaching the group. He gets there a few seconds behind Milo and hears the tail end of what he had to say,


...getting away from the port authority."

Not bothering to ask what had come before this last, Dayn speaks up,

"I also agree, let's get out of here." Again not bothering to wait for disagreement, Dayn heads off in the direction of the ship...

Darklighter
21 November 2003, 05:15 AM
OOC Do we see any vehicles in the area that we might use to continue the chase?

IC Wen quickly glances around, checking the area for vehicles. Maybe this wasn't over yet...

Spot roll: 14 -- 13, +1 wis.

Tyrok
21 November 2003, 06:26 AM
The alley was compleatly empty... except for a few trashcans and crates laying around here and there.
There were no lights, and the buildings that were the walls of the alley, didn't let much moonlight through.

The last to come was Black.
His mood good as always.
With his messy beard, and never combed hair, in this dimly lit alley, one could confuse him for a Wookie.

"What in the blazes are you waiting for?!"
He spat, and ran off to catch up with Dayn.

Gyp Ryol
22 November 2003, 08:22 AM
"Oh!" yelps Milo as Black reprimands the group. Hurridly, he attempts to keep up with the long strides of Dayn and Black, moving his little feet as fast as possible.

Darklighter
22 November 2003, 07:46 PM
"And that's decided," Wen commented as Black gave the crew his trademark verbal scorching. He smiled and broke into a jog to keep up with the group.

Korwin Blade
24 November 2003, 06:15 AM
Konner still mustering about shooting someone with a deal. Turns and jogs away with the others keeping an eye out for any potential trouble.

Tyrok
26 November 2003, 05:31 AM
The heroes joged to the ship qickly.

Everything seemed darker now...
Firefights and dark smelly streets tend to make people paranoid.
It certainly took it's toll on our pilot.

Everything seemed to be in order, as you approached the ship.
Those scoundrels probably got scared, and there was no sign of the authorities.

Everything seemed to be fine, until a voice was heard from the ship.

“I understand. Yes, Mr. Arkhee. Idiot!"

The pilot obviously had a strong affection for his ship, beacouse he rushed in like a predator, pointing his blaster at the introoder.

It was a female zabrak dressed in a jumpsuit, with many tools hanging from it.

"Don't shoot, don't shoot!" She yelled, raising her hands, and twisting her body as if expecting a speeder to hit her.

"What are you doing in my ship!?" The pilot was so angry that his face went red.

The zabrak was terrified. "I'm sorry..."

"Who were you talking to?!"

She thinks for a moment. “Ah to blazes with him, he’s a bastard anyway! I’ll help you get him, but you got to promise to protect me. It’ll pay off for you too. I know how you could get to their credits.”

"You are talking about those bastard that just attacked us?!"

"Yes, yes, them. " She sighs. "They are a part of a criminal organization.
They got alot of credits, I can help you get them."

The pilot turns to the heroes. "If you want to presue this tresure, go right ahead, I'll wait for you, but I've seen my share of blaster bolts for the day."

coldskier0320
26 November 2003, 07:38 AM
Dayn looks down at the woman, his expression somewhere between exasperation and amusement. He thinks to himself,

First spineless thugs and con men, now a traitor? This guy must not be too good at what he does...

After a moment of thought, he steps up to the woman,

"I must admit, while your offer sounds interesting, you need to explain. Fast and good. From that, we'll decide whether to take you up on your offer or to put you in binders and sell you back to your ex-boss. I've had enough of this deal-making crap. Sound fair to you?"

This last is both for the woman and the general assembly gathered behind him. Dayn is fairly sure the two soldier-types will agree with his idea of bounty colection, after all, it will at once give them cash and get them on the good side of this minor crime-lord. But he isn't so sure about the small furry fellow. Either way, he is willing to do exactly as he says. With that, Dayn casually places his hand on his shatter gun or emphasis. Careful to be listening for signs of another ambush, now that he thinks of it, this is all to similar to the beginnings of the last scrape the group was in...

OOC: Listen check: 8 (roll) + 8 = 16

Gyp Ryol
26 November 2003, 04:54 PM
Milo was taken aback by the presence of the Zabrak. What further surprises would this night hold? As the woman talked, Milo considered her offer. More money was always a good thing, as far as Milo was concerned. However, Milo had promised to deliver the datacard as soon as possible. He decided to think about it later and simply roll with the current situation. He grinned widely at the Zabrak, trying to put her at ease.

Milo turned and spoke rapidly to Dayn. "Oh, I don't know. My grandfather used to say that the more deals there were in any given day, the happier one was. A wise Squib my grandfather was, and his advice has never failed me. If we do go after these credits, how will we do it? It appears that our esteemed captain has denied his services for further dangerous encounters. I would think that we would need a ship in order to find these rapscallions." He whipped around to the Zabrak. "Speaking of which, what exactly were you doing on this fine man's ship, my dear?" Milo looked at the Zabrak expectantly.

Darklighter
27 November 2003, 08:38 PM
OOC Is she a cute Zabrak? If she is, Wen might get sucked into this. ;)


IC Wen Ronin listened to the Zabrak woman begin to explain, and Wen privately thought, 'With dead bodies back there, we need to capture those men as much or more than their credits.'

Dayn laid into her pretty good, and Milo brought the point home when he asked, "What exactly were you doing on this fine man's ship, my dear?"

"I'd like to know that too, now that we're on the topic. Who are you, who are they, and what was your group's little plan this evening? And most importantly, why are you so quick and willing to sell them out?"

Like the others, Wen had rapidly developed a healthy distrust of a quick deal, and now he wanted answers.

OOC Intimidate check result: 15 -- 10 rolled, +5 modifier.

Korwin Blade
4 December 2003, 07:48 PM
IC:

Konner follows the pilot in to the ship, as he does this he pulls his blaster from its holster and switches it over to stun. He listen while the intruder tells the pilot she has a deal. At this point and before the pilot does anything, he raises his blaster and fires saying "No more deals today."

OCC:

Attack Roll 17 + 4 Ranged Bouns = 21 Total.

Tyrok
5 December 2003, 05:44 AM
The zabrak jumps back, slamming herself at the wall as Konner fires.

She was cute, but terrified.

"Calm down." She said. "I will explain everything. I want to sell them out because they are bastards.
They treat me and everybody else like garbage."

She sighed.

"I was just a beggar with some skills when they found me.
They offered me a deal.
I was desperate enough to take it.
They wanted me to help them steal ships."

She shook her head in disbelef of her own actions.
She was obviously ashamed.

"I don't want to live like this anymore."

Darklighter
5 December 2003, 12:36 PM
Wen leapt to push Konner's gun arm away from the Zabrak.

"Stop it!" he said harshly. "We're gonna learn what we can here, alright?" he added in a more conciliatory tone as he looked Konner in the eye. He pulled his comrade closer and whispered, "I know you're angry. I am too. We're gonna get our payback for this, Konner." Wen's look told anyone who saw it he was serious, and meant to bring this business to the door of the twi'lek and his cronies.

He looked over his shoulder at the Zabrak woman, now thoroughly terrified and pressed against the ship's wall. "We don't have any time for bantha fodder, miss. Take a seat in the ship's lounge over there. We have a lot of questions. What's your name?" Wen asked.

EDIT for this stuff below

OOC Sense motive check: rolled a 6. yuck. If she were lying right now, he wouldn't know it.

Anyone else want to check to see if we're being bluffed?

Gyp Ryol
5 December 2003, 07:40 PM
Milo chittered angrily in Squibbian to Konner, cursing his lack of business acumen and also reprimanding him for his readiness with his pistol. However, he was truly acting more out of nervous reaction than actual anger. Taking a deep breath, he turned towards the Zabrak. "Being forced to steal ships? Tsk, tsk, tsk, no, no, no, that should not be, not in the slightest. I remember people much like those who sucked you in, indeed I do. They said I was good at what I did, that I would be a great asset. They preyed on my poverty for leverage, but I was able to fend off their temptations." Milo drew himself up to his full height, as if demonstrating what a paragon of virtue would look like.

coldskier0320
9 December 2003, 03:16 AM
Dayn tilts his neck at an od angle and makes a strange clicking sound with his mouthparts. Signs of annoyance and stress, to anyone who knew Verpine. Finally, he turns back to the Zabrak,

"Look, we haven't the time to go round and round about this, we need you to explain what is going on, and exactl how you plan to get back at your boss. In the meantime, we can't afford to just sit here."

He turns to Black,

"Kindly get us out of here, please. Take us anywhere, an empty field on another continent, high orbit, a city traffic patter, you pick."

Korwin Blade
9 December 2003, 02:18 PM
Konner still fuming, holsters his sidearm and looks around at them all and then at the Zabrek, and says "If we get ambushed again." Pointing his finger at her. " This one is going down first." "And the rest of you better stay out of my way." With that Konner walks away.

Tyrok
10 December 2003, 06:39 AM
The zabrak looked at each of them in turn as they spoke.
”My name is Kharina… and what is his problem?”

She pointed over Wen’s shoulder as Konner left the ship.

She sat in the lounge, and began:
“You see, this little town is run by a man named Pal-Nada.
Amongst other things he deals in ships…” She broke off, as the ship rose in to the sky.

“This little town is separated from the rest of Corellia, so he gets all the money.” She smiled at the thought of all those credits.

Her face turned more serious as she continued.
“I don’t know exactly where their HQ is, but the Twi’lek does.
You can find him in the Sunset cantina.
I won’t ask for a share in the loot, I only ask that you take me with you where ever you are going.
I’m good with ships, I could help you with maintenance… and by the way… what happened to the Twi’lek bastard?”

Darklighter
10 December 2003, 08:26 AM
"What's wrong with him? He was nearly killed today. We were all nearly killed today by your former crew, Kharina," Wen said. "Now I'm sorry he frightened you so much there, but that kind of experience tends to put a person off his temper."

Wen sat down across from the woman, and listened to her tale, privately relieved when the ship shuddered upon lift-off. Black was taking care of things up front.

"You're gonna have to talk to Black about staying on with the ship," he said. "But he's a good man. He doesn't seem to mind a person with a past, as long as their present is honest." Mostly, he added to himself. "If you help us out, I'd bet he'd let you stay on."

"As for Esm Arkhee, or whatever the twi'lek's real name is, he got away - this time," Wen said. He leaned back and pondered the information she'd passed on.

"How do we actually get the credits, Kharina?" he asked with a touch of curiosity evident in his voice. Robbery wasn't his style, but they'd definitely been inconvenienced, and if what Kharina said was true, Pal-Nada was above the law in this part of Corellia. He'd been doing this awhile, and justice hadn't found him yet. Getting some payback, swiping his credits, and maybe siphoning some of the money off to the dead authority guard's family all seemed like worthy pursuits.

Wen looked around at the other members of the group.

"I think I feel like a drink in the Sunset Cantina," he said.

Korwin Blade
15 December 2003, 05:37 AM
Konner didn't leave the ship. He just went to the cargo bay to blow off some steam. He returns a few mintues later calmed down and in control. He hears Wen say something about a drink.

He says "Hey everyone I just want to say I am sorry about earlier and I am in, if you will have me." He then looks over at the Zabrek and says "I am sorry, and maybe we can start over. I am Konner and you are?" He then sits down.

Darklighter
16 December 2003, 04:45 AM
"'Course we'll have you, Konner," Wen said, looking at the other man with a smile. "Konner, this is Kharina," he added, gesturing towards the woman.

"And it looks like we can catch up with our Twi'lek friend at the Sunset Cantina. The idea of it was making me a bit ... thirsty," Wen finished.

coldskier0320
16 December 2003, 05:28 AM
Dayn took most of the exchange in with his usual aloofness and mild interest. Finally, he expressed his concern in the matter,

"Well, I'm all for getting more money, I'm not due back in the Roche Asteriods for quite some time, the hive will not feel my absence. However, I have a suggestion. My friends and colleagues, may I speak with you privately?"

After taking the group aside, Dayn speaks in hushed tones, "It has occured to me that this woman may be a less-than-scrupulous, loyal servant of this crimelord. I suggest that, as a gesture of good faith, we ask her to turn over all of her posessions to our control, and that she is kept safe, that is, under lock and key, while we go get our spoils. We will take good care of her and make a resonable effort to keep her safe, but to avoid her, ah, betraying us, I think she should be isolated. What do you think?"

Gyp Ryol
16 December 2003, 01:30 PM
Milo positivly bounced up and down, clapping his hands together. "Oh my, oh my! What an interesting turn this little trip has taken! The intrigue! The adventure! Oh my indeed! I'm all for finding this Pal fellow. More credits in anyone's account never hurt anyone. However, Dayn, you're absolutely right! After tonight we're not really sure who we can trust, are we? Yes, yes, I'm all for doing that. After all, this girl says she's good with starships. Who's to say she won't bamboozle this one right from under our noses? I concur with keeping her isolated, but someone should watch her, to make sure she doesn't sneak off." Milo nodded his head vigourously, ever the embodiment of perpetual energy and boundless enthusiasm.

Tyrok
17 December 2003, 05:34 AM
Karina was looking through the transparisteel window, while the heroes were debating.
The night was surely interesting. The enemy showed to be an expert in deception.
It was possible, that Karina, was just another liar.
But than again, if she wasn’t, the heroes could gain a fortune.
That was a risk they had to take.
The risk of trusting a stranger.

Black walked in on the middle of the conversation.
“ …with keeping her isolated, but someone should watch her, to make sure she doesn't sneak off." Milo said bouncing frenetically

“I can watch over her.” He offered, folding his arms.

coldskier0320
18 December 2003, 03:17 AM
Dayn stared into nothing for a long moment before returning his attention to the group, "I believe that would be satisfactory. After all, it is your ship that will be stolen if you fail. I guess that leaves the rest of us to participate in the proposed plan. Does this suit everyone adequately?"

The time Dayn spends waiting for a consensus seems like ages to Dayn, who is used to an almost instantaneous decision making process among Verpine.

Darklighter
18 December 2003, 07:14 PM
Dayn had laid out his concerns and Wen was ready to go along with him - but he was entranced by the frenetic energy displayed by Milo in his excitement.

Sometimes, just watching the squib made Wen tired.

As Black offered to watch Kharina, Wen put his hand on Milo's shoulder. "Please be still, Milo. You're making me dizzy," he pleaded with the little squib through a smile.

"That'd be great, Black. I'm satisfied," he said to the others.

Leaving Milo for the moment, he headed over to the window where Kharina stood.

"We're gonna go after them," he said. "But you'll have to stay here, with Black. And if you have any weapons or equipment on you," he added in an uncomfortable tone, "well... you'll have to put them on the table over there before we land."

He cleared his throat.

"I hope you understand," he said at last. He found it hard to look her in the eyes, because he wanted to treat her better than this. The protector in him, with all the knightly virtues that encompassed such a notion, tended to come out in him at times like these. That, and he had a weak spot for attractive women.

Looking up at her, he promised with iron in his tone, "When we get back, you'll be free, and have a much better life to look forward to."


OOC Why do I think Wen is going to end up with egg on his face? :)

Just a reminder, guys, that I'm going to be gone on Saturday, until the 28th. If there are no new posts before then, Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays everybody! :)

Tyrok
20 December 2003, 10:15 AM
"I hope you understand."

It was obvious to her, that he felt very bad about the situation.
She squeezed his hand to make him feel better. “I understand.”

"When we get back, you'll be free, and have a much better life to look forward to." He said with a very reassuring tone.

Suddenly she felt much more confident, and a weak smile appeared on her face. “Thank you.”

OOC:Still waiting on Konner’s response to Black

Korwin Blade
29 December 2003, 07:55 AM
Konner isn’t listening to the rest of the conversation. He has become distracted by the thought running around in his head. He could hear his father saying “Konner you must control your emotions, if you don’t they will consume you.” He finally understood what his father was taking about, it had happened to him tonight. He wasn’t going to let it happen again.

He realized everyone was looking at him. Konner doesn’t know what they were talking about, but he says “If Wen is for it, then so am I.”

Tyrok
29 December 2003, 10:56 AM
OOC:Ok, I'm going to assume, you are all down with going to the Sunset cantina, but if anybody wants to say anything, we can come back to this scene.
I like to give players as much freedom as possible, but I found that GMs and players do this kind of stuff by default.

IC:

Karina gave detailed instructions to the Sunset cantina, as well as her comlink frequency, in case something goes wrong.
Black left the heroes where they first landed and rose back in to the sky.

On their way to the cantina, Konner, Gyp, Wen and Dayn passed dangerously close to the hangar.
The place was filled with police officers.
It was only natural, that there were so many of them.
There was a dead port official there.
It was just as if a police officer died.
They take care of their own.

Minutes later they found themselves in front of the Sunset cantina.
It was on the main street.
Strange, the town seemed completely deserted.
Not a sole, even on the main street.
The only sign of live was the warm inviting light, and the cheerful noise coming from the cantina.

The heroes walk in.
In front of them is a bar.
No sign of Esm there.
To the right, is a small step, leading to the larger part of the cantina, with six tables, lined up in two rows.
In the second table of the farther row, they see Esm, drinking with Pomar and one of the thugs.
They can see his glance searching the room nervously.
And than he spots them.
He jumps nervously, spilling the drinks all over the table.
He points a finger at them. “There… It’s them! Shoot them! Shoot them!



OOC:
Here’s the initiative order:
Dayn
Milo
Wen
Konner
Esm
thug
Pomar

coldskier0320
29 December 2003, 03:49 PM
Automatically, Dayn drops to one knee and pulls up his shatter gun, aiming across the tables, he reasons: We want to keep Pomar and the twi'lek alive. Hopefully those guys'll remember to stun them. I don't have a stun setting....

Thus bracing his arms against a table, he squeezes off a round at the other thug...

Attack: 11 (roll) + 5 (ranged atk bonus) = 16 (+1 for bracing, possibly, your call, Tyrok)

Dmg: 4+5+5+5+6+6 = 31 (geez, almost feel bad for the guy...almost;))

Gyp Ryol
30 December 2003, 02:22 PM
Milo gave a small yelp as the order to shoot was given by Esm. But he saw Dayn confindently fire his gun at the tough and calmed down. He drew his blaster and aimed at Pomar. Milo figured that Esm would be more willing to talk without his two thugs around. He exhaled, and fired.

Move action: Draw blaster. Attack: 9 (roll) + 6 (attack mod) = 15. Damage: 5+7+8=20.

Darklighter
31 December 2003, 12:21 PM
Wen strapped on his vibroblade. He considered the rifle but rejected it as too obvious, then collected the comm code from Kharina, nodded to Black, and headed out to the Sunset Cantina with the rest of the group.

*******

And as they entered the Cantina, things became immediately hot!

“There… It’s them! Shoot them! Shoot them!"

Esm Arkhee was at a table with two rough-looking gentlemen, and he'd spotted them, shouting desperately for their deaths.

As Dayn and Milo reacted with weapons drawn, Wen shouted, sprinted for the nearest table to the right, threw it over on its side for the cover it would provide, and gripped a leg so it would settle properly and not roll away. "Get to cover, guys!"

Wen figured he was now close enough for a stun blast. He hadn't been certain he was close enough at the doorway but now, if he could, he'd try to stun the opposition. He wanted a chat with Pomar and Esm...

OOC I think Wen has used all his actions this round (move action to get to the table, attack action to flip and hold it), but on the next one, he'll draw his blaster, flick it to stun, and then fire at Esm.

Also, I'm going to apply my Dodge feat bonus (+1) to my defense against Pomar, raising my defense from 15 to 16 against his attacks. I figure he's the most dangerous.

Tyrok
6 January 2004, 07:29 AM
Dayn fired his weapon, sending shards of metal at incredible speed towards the thug.
The charge barely missed one of the patrons, and hit its target in the face.
The thug stood there headless for a moment, and than fell to the floor.
After the first shot was fired, chaos took over.
Aliens of all shapes and sizes jumping over and under tables.
Scrambling for the exit.
Milo aimed at Pomar.
It was very hard to fire a precise shot with all this chaos around him.
He saw an opening, exhaled, and fired.
The bolt flew into Pomar’s abdomen.
Barely.
He flew backwards, and on to his back.
His blaster fell on the floor where he stood a moment ago.

“Okay, okay, I give up!” Esm shouted, rising his hands in the air.

The cantina was mostly empty now.
A few beings hiding behind the bar and the tables.

Gyp Ryol
6 January 2004, 06:23 PM
OOC:
Ummmmmm, my bad.

IC:
Milo struggled to get out of the crowd of aliens clogging the entrance way. He managed to squeeze out and get over to Wen. Heavy blaster still in his paw, he said to Wen, "I suggest grabbing Esm and running. The authorities will probably show up soon, and we should be VERY far away from this catina. Yes, very far indeed." Milo remembered how quick the official response was to the firefight in the hangar and inwardly worried. He licked his lips nervously.

coldskier0320
7 January 2004, 04:37 AM
Seeing the immediate threat nicely handled by himself and his companions, and the mass of people leak out ino the streets, Dayn calls out to his allies,

"Tie them up and get them out of here ASAP. I'll keep a lookout for authorities."

And with that, gun still in hand, Dayn steps out into the shadows of the night, and crouches behind a few trash cans outside the bar, looking for signs of trouble.

Hide: 17 (roll) + 8 (modifier) = 25

Spot: 14 (roll) + 10 (modifier) = 24

Darklighter
7 January 2004, 01:06 PM
The blasts from Dayn and Milo were swift and deadly accurate, as the thug literally lost his head, and Pomar was felled by a blast to his abdomen. In the chaos that followed with the swift evacuation of the Sunset by its patrons, Wen drew his heavy blaster and flicked it to stun as he ran forward to cover Esm and Pomar.

"Konner, grab your buddy, Esm, there, and get his weapons. I'm sure you two have things to talk over," Wen said with a quick conspiratorial grin to his human companion.

Wen Ronin kept his eyes sharp, but his primary focus was Pomar. If the man was still alive, there was the matter of payback to discuss, but it looked like Wen would have to carry him.

OOC Is Pomar still alive, or did we execute him?

Korwin Blade
9 January 2004, 05:44 AM
IC:

Konner had not left with the others, but instead pulls out his swoop and takes off ahead of them, to scout out the area of the Sunset Cantina, and the surrounding area. He is looking for the landspeeder that Esm escaped in.

When the others arrive at the cantina he will go in with them. After Dayn and Milo make quick work of Esm’s thugs, Konner grabs Esm. And as he leaves the cantina with Esm in tow, he tells him, “Don’t even think of crossing me or one of my friends or I will make a Esmburger out of you.”

Tyrok
9 January 2004, 08:51 AM
Dayn scanned the streets for any sign of trouble, but there didn’t seem to be any.
The streets were as empty as when they first arrived, save for a few creatures running frantically from the cantina.
The street was very dark and very poorly lit.
Only two lights were “working”;
Flicking on and off every second.
The only other source of light was the light coming through the big cantina window.
A slight breeze started flowing through the street;
Cooling the warm night.

Meanwhile, in the cantina;

Konner grabbed Esm, and ran outside.
He left the cantina on his swoop, with the petrified Esm in tow.


Pomar seemed to be in great pain.
He was pressing his wound with both hands, his face twisted;
Showing the agony he was in.
He looked at Wen, and muttered.
“You… win.”

coldskier0320
12 January 2004, 05:25 AM
Dayn heard the whine of Konner's swoop drifting off into the direction of the ship, his cue to move.

As he was getting up out of his position, Wen came shoving an obviously pained Pomar out of the cantina door.

"We'd better get him back to the ship. We can have our conversation with him there, and the girl will know what to do."

Still gripping his shatter gun, he motions for Wen, with his prize, the bloodied Pomar, to precede him down the dark street, as he covers their backs...

Darklighter
13 January 2004, 11:46 AM
"You... win."

They were the words of the wounded Pomar, on the floor and clutching his gutshot belly.

"And now we're going to collect our prize," Wen replied. He searched the man and stripped him of his weapons to leave them on the floor. He then holstered his heavy blaster, and lifted Pomar to help him walk, the other man's arme draped around his shoulder as he hauled him to the door.

"Keep you eye out, Dayn. Pomar here is gutshot, and won't be moving too fast," he said as he brought the other man through the door. Wen kept his eyes peeled, but knew he would have to mostly depend on the others as long as he hauled the wounded criminal.

"We're gonna want compensation for our troubles today, Pomar," he said as he hauled the other man along. "Compensation for ourselves, and for that authority guard you and your boys murdered."

OOC So Wen is heading back to the ship with the others. Sorry to keep you guys waiting. I was sick the last couple of days. Glad we're continuing though! :)

Korwin Blade
14 January 2004, 06:46 PM
As Konner is walking out he stops and says to Wen “I saw a speeder on the side street that Esm and Pomar where using. Why don’t you guys use it? That way we will all get back to the ship quicker, and maybe we can avoid any other entanglements.”

Then Konner shows them the speeder, and wait for them to get it going. As they leave he will follow them in his swoop.

coldskier0320
15 January 2004, 08:43 AM
Seeing the speeder, Dayn pauses and jerks his head toward the vehicle.

"C'mon, Wen. We earned it.", he says, relieved at not having to walk back to the ship.

Nimbly, he leaps up into the driver's seat and starts the speeder. As soon as Wen and Pomar are safely inside, he guides it out of its parking space, into the street, and toward the ship, and some answers...

Pilot: 6 (roll) + 9 (mod) = 15

Darklighter
15 January 2004, 09:09 AM
With a measure of relief, Wen shrugged Pomar into the indicated vehicle before taking a seat next to the prisoner.

"When we get him back to the ship, I'll treat him," he said. "I have a medpac there."

Wen resolved to keep one eye on Pomar, and the other on the area around the vehicle. This town was getting hot for them, and fast. They'd have to move quickly in the coming hours.

Dayn's piloting seemed well-practiced. They'd be at the ship soon. No one spoke for a time, and the group glided along to their destination, drifting through the night in silence.

A quiet space in a violent day, Wen thought, and sighed. He looked at Pomar holding in his guts, shaking his head before turning away to watch the starport come into sight...

Gyp Ryol
15 January 2004, 04:19 PM
As Milo sat in the speeder, he looked out the window and tried to calm down. So much excitement in one day was a very taxing ordeal on a Squib's system. He suddenly realized he still had to get that datacard to the client on Tatooine. He licked his lips as he thought of a way to try and get there on time...

EDIT: Changed Corellia to Tatooine, due to the fact we are ON Corellia.

Tyrok
17 January 2004, 10:03 AM
The night was getting hotter and hotter.
Literally.
The heroes didn’t mind, though.
They were moving at great speed in their vehicles, the air hitting their faces rapidly, thus cooling them.
The two hostages remained quiet, each for their own reasons.
As they moved through the town, the heroes got a good general impression of it.
It was strange.
It seemed completely deserted.
The buildings were strange also.
The tallest were only 5 stories high, and that was rare.
Some were badly damaged.

After a quick ride, they arrived at their destination.
They didn’t even have to signal the pilot.
The ship was waiting for them.

As they approached the ramp lowered.
Black walked out.
He gave them a good look, and a satisfactory nod.
Obviously pleased, that they captured the two leaders alive.

“Save the speeder. We might need it.”

With that, he turned and went back in to the ship.

Darklighter
20 January 2004, 12:20 PM
Wen gave Black a quick return nod before turning to Pomar.

"Come on, you," he said, helping the other man from the speeder and supporting him up the ramp of the ship before depositing the thug leader in the lounge.

Wen was now covered in Pomar's blood, and he looked for his medpac to help him get a handle on the bleeding. Locating the pac, he set to work stabilizing the man, after which he conferenced with the ship's captain.

"How was Kharina while we were gone?" he asked Black in low tones. He hadn't seen the Zabrak tech immediately. "Everything went smoothly here?"


OOC So I'm going to use the medpac to stabilize or help heal Pomar, if possible. I'm taking a 10, for a total of 15.

Gyp Ryol
20 January 2004, 01:35 PM
Milo hopped out of the speeder and walked briskly up the ramp after Wen. He saw Wen find a medpac and begin using it on Pomar. Milo blanched slightly and hurried off quickly to locate his backpack. He had some serious thinking to do in order for him to figure out how in space he was going to get to Tatooine in time to deliver his sensitive cargo.

Korwin Blade
29 January 2004, 05:32 AM
IC:

Konner gets off his swoop and pushes Esm up the ramp of the ship and into a seat and says to the others, “Hey Milo, Dayn, Wen can you guys watch Esm while I get the swoop and speeder on the ship?” Not waying for a reply, he leaves to get the swoop, and speeder in the cargo hold of the ship.

coldskier0320
29 January 2004, 06:06 AM
"No problem, Konner.", Dayn says to his back as he strides back down the ramp. For a split second, Esm's eyes dart about feverishly, then they come to rest on Dayn's shatter gun, held unwaveringly at his abdomen. He'd seen that rickety looking weapon in action before and had no desire to experience its effects.

"Don't even think about making a false move, Arkhee.", Dayn said confidently, "I dont wanna get the ship all messy. And you'd look alot like Pomar, except with a much larger, less fixable hole in your body."

At this, the twi'lek's skin seems to go a shade paler.

"I'm not kidding, buddy, don't make any moves at all. It'd be a big mistake, and your last one."

Tyrok
29 January 2004, 08:19 AM
The situation on the ship was the same as when they left.
It was pretty sure, that no socializing has been done.
Kharina was sitting at the same table as when they left, tampering with
some devices of her own.
It seemed that she didn't like the hairy pilot very much... and vice-versa.

Wen took care of Pomar quickly.
The wound didn't seem that bad afterall, and Pomar proved very ressilient.
He left the man alone, and went to speak with the ship's captain.

"How was Kharina while we were gone? Everything went smoothly here?" He asked in whispers.

The captain looked at her.
"Yes... the little ship thief behaived."
He said, in a voice which a normal person would consider slightly loud talking.
But for Black, it was low talking.

Konner went to load the vehicles, and Dayn approached Esm.


"Don't even think about making a false move, Arkhee.", Dayn said confidently, "I dont wanna get the ship all messy. And you'd look alot like Pomar, except with a much larger, less fixable hole in your body."

At this, the twi'lek's skin seems to go a shade paler.

"I'm not kidding, buddy, don't make any moves at all. It'd be a big mistake, and your last one."

The twi'lek's gaze broke from the weapon nervously, and locked on Dayn's eyes.
After a moment he gathered the curage to speak, but his voice still gave a scent of fear, and annoyance.
"What do you want from me?"

Darklighter
2 February 2004, 10:42 AM
OOC Tyrok, I don't know how it happened, but I completely missed your post. Sorry! :(

IC Wen winced as Black's attempt at a whisper was a little like a muffled bullhorn. "Uh huh." He looked from the Captain to Kharina and back again. Black had clearly not forgiven Kharina, and Wen could hardly blame him. She'd been part of a gang that had planned to take the Captain's beloved ship. Wen sighed.

He consoled himself with the thought that things would be better when this was all over. He turned to Pomar and Esm.

"Gentlemen," he began, "we're looking for some compensation for our troubles today - and you're going to provide it." Wen's eyes and voice brooked no flexibility on his point, and he drew his heavy blaster and pointed it at Pomar and Esm.

"You two are going to tell us everything you know about Pal-Nada: his headquarters, what kind of credits he has, how big his organization is, what his security is like, and how to contact him, if we should choose to do so."

"Either that, or we can space you. I'd suggest you co-operate," Wen said in conclusion.

OOC Intimidate check. Rolled 11, +5 mod., = 16.

Korwin Blade
3 February 2004, 05:18 AM
IC:
Konner walks in just as Wen says "Either that, or we can space you. I'd suggest you co-operate," Wen said in conclusion.

Then Konner says to Wen. “Let me talk to them. I’ll make’em talk or they’ll bleed. Either way it’ll be fun.” Then Konner laughs, an evil sounding laugh. And branishes a big hunting knife so Esm and Pomar can see it. Then Konner says “I am sure my good friend Esm won’t mind if we have a little chat. Isn’t that right Esm?” Konner walk over and sits down next to Esm still holding the knife just so he can see it up close and personal. And then Konner laughs that same evil laugh again. He then jumps up and goes over to Wen and say “Come on Man, let me have some fun with them.” Konner makes sure that his back is to Pomar and Esm. And then winks at Wen. He then turns and looks at them with and evil grin and flashes the knife again. Then starts to laugh evilly.

OOC:
Intimidate check. Rolled 17, +6 mod., = 23.

Darklighter
3 February 2004, 07:14 AM
Wen looked at Konner as he expounded with his knife.

Was this going to be like the blaster incident with Kharina? He wondered, but caught Konner's wink, and inwardly smiled.

I can play along, he thought.

"My friend here has a temper. I'd get in his way, but I'm not very motivated right now. Give me a reason. Talk," Wen said simply.

coldskier0320
5 February 2004, 07:11 AM
Dayn, positioned opposite to Wen, did no see Konner's wink and was thus fairly disturbed by his actions, not so much becuase of the implied violence, after all, they would have killed Konner or even himself with less thought, but rather becuase they were the group's only link to a possible fortune. Killing them needlessly was, at the very least, unwise, at the moment. They'd been lucky in their raid, Dayn had only expected one of these two to survive, and he didn't want Konner eliminating that advanage senselessly. Had Dayn been human, his uncertainty and uneasiness could have been read all over his face and eyes, even in his body language. However, as a Verpine, his exoskeleton made facial expression all but impossible, and while a Verpine might be able to discern uneasiness from his posture, a twi'lek didnt have a chance, let alone a very distressed twi'lek. Considerably shaken, Dayn looks on, in silence.

Tyrok
10 February 2004, 10:58 AM
Esm obviously didn't like the way this conversation was going.
He looked at Dayn. He couldn't read his expression;
He looked at Wen and Konner, than back at Dayn.

"I perfectly understand your anger gentleman," He said, standing up with his hands
in the air, very slowly, not to provoke the verpine. "and I have a business proposition.
One from which, I belive, both parties might benefit greatly."

"Might I have a word with you in private?" He said, approaching Wen slowly, and nudging him to follow him in to the cockpit.

(if Wen follows)

After making sure the rest of the party couldn't hear them, he looked at Wen.
His eyes shone.
Esm the business man was back.

"I should probably explain the reason for this secrecy." He clasped his hands, and started
pacing around the cockpit.

"You see, my friend Pomar lacks a certain... sense for business.
As I said before, I have a business offer to present to you.
As you obviously heard, my employer, Mr. Pal-Nada, holds a considerable
amount of credits at his base of operations."

He stoped, looked at Wen, and than continued pacing.

"I would, for a small share of those credits, let you in on the location of the hidden base, and the
enormous amount of credits stashed within it."

Darklighter
10 February 2004, 03:47 PM
Wen nodded an 'OK' to the Verpine and patted Konner on the shoulder.

"Pomar gets out of hand, you know what to do," he said ominously.

He followed Esm to the cockpit, and prepared for the slimy deal he was going to get, and when Esm was done, Wen merely nodded.

"I see. I think there's the possibility of an arrangement, Esm," he said in flat tones. "It'll depend on a few things. How many credits are we talking about? And I think I'll need some security from you." Wen's smile was cold and humourless.

OOC Wen plans to get Esm to relate this deal into the flight data recorder, to be held in trust by Black. Should the group not return from their little break-in at Pal-Nada's place, he'll have Black broadcast this message to Pal-Nada. I'm sure the crimelord isn't too forgiving of those who double-cross him, and that Esm will be aware of that.

Esm better hope the group is successful. Heh, heh. :)

Korwin Blade
11 February 2004, 05:09 AM
Konner is still holding the knife as he sits down next to Pomar. He doesn’t threaten him with it, he just makes sure that Pomar can see he still has it in hand.

He then says to Pomar “I would be worried if I where you, Esm is probably selling you down the river for a chance at some of your bosses credits. So why don’t you just tell me about your bosses set up. Like what kind of security he has? How many guards, and the kind of vault he has it in?”

Konner then branishes the knife again and says “Tell me Pomar and maybe you can get out of this alive and maybe with some credits. If you don’t I could just make you bleed somemore.” Then Konner laughs his evil laugh.

Tyrok
11 February 2004, 06:09 AM
Pomar looked up at Wen.
His eyes were filled with defiance and anger.

"You are getting nothing from me!" He said silently, not to hurt his wound, but angirly,
with a scent of pride for his loyalty.

It was clear, that Pomar either feared or respected his boss.
Either way, he wasn't giving any information.

In the cockpit, Esm stoped pacing, and looked Wen straight in the eye.
His voice was low, and his face turned serious for a moment.
"A ridiculously large sum of credits."

He turned to look out the viewport.
"As for your security." He said, turning back to look at Wen again. "Trust me, sir, I had my share of trying to fool you."

Darklighter
11 February 2004, 11:50 AM
Wen flipped the switch on the flight data recorder. "Good," he said to Esm, levelling his blaster at the twi'lek. "You won't mind repeating our arrangement for posterity then." It wasn't a question. "This is my security, Arkhee. Be as detailed as you were in your initial proposal." Wen's voice was gravel, his eyes were stones, and his face was granite.

Tyrok
13 February 2004, 10:41 PM
"Ah... but of course." Esm said.

He complied, and described their agreement in detail.
One thing he seemed to consider specially important was the fact that he was very, very sorry for trying to cross these fine gentlemen,
and because of that he will only take a small share of the prize.

"Well, may I assume that you accept my proposal?" That smile on his face seemed unerasable.

(if Wen accepts)

"Good." He said very happily, and pated Wen firmly on the back. "You and I, sir, we are gonna make a fortune."

The twi'lek radiated with happiness as he strode out of the cockpit to tell the others of their plan.
He stoped midway, as if he got hit by thunder.
He turned, and approached Wen again. "We should probably dispose of Pomar first."

Esm looked relucant to speak of his betrayal in front of Pomar.

Darklighter
19 February 2004, 01:47 PM
OOC Sorry I'm so late with this post, guys. I've been sick as a dog for a week now.

IC Wen nodded his agreement, but when Esm talked of 'getting rid' of Pomar, Wen replied, "Don't worry. I've a plan for Pomar, Esm." Wen smiled like a shark. "Why don't you take a seat, exactly as you were," he added, indicating the spot where he'd initially been placed upon their return to the ship.

"Milo, Konner," Wen began, getting their attention, his pistol out and covering Pomar as he motioned them over. He then said in a low voice, "Get some duct tape, rope, binders, whatever, and truss Pomar up but good. Black should have the tape, at least, and he can help you."

Wen kept his blaster trained on Pomar. He was developing a plan, and when he got a chance, he would share it with Dayn, Milo, Konner & Black - and maybe Kharina. He wasn't 100% sure of her yet...

OOC OK guys, here's the plan. We tie up Pomar real good, maybe even stun him a couple of times, and then leave him for Black to watch. We use Esm on the raid, then tie him up too, and leave them both near the authority headquarters, with a label that reads 'Authority Guard killers'. (Wen's getting his revenge on ship jackers right now.) Then we blow Dodge. What do you guys say?

coldskier0320
20 February 2004, 03:10 AM
Dayn listened attentively to Wen's proposed plan completely before speaking,

"Wen, I like your plan and I think it will be the one that will give us the most success. I would only make one suggestion: leave Black here with all three of our new friends, Kharina too. Have them all bound, imprisoned, and/or stunned, maybe all except Esm, who we will have on comm, just in case we need something he knows. Black can threaten him into cooperation."

After saying this, he tilts his head in anticpation of what the others will think.

Gyp Ryol
22 February 2004, 06:13 AM
Milo sauntered back into the lounge where he had left everyone. He was spinning a rather sizable roll of space tape on his small pointer finger. Small pieces of tape were stuck haphazardly all over Milo's body. A piece of tape was mounted prominently on one of his long ears. Tape seems conspicuously absent from Milo's clothing, but not from his fur.

Whistling a little ditty, he took stock of the situation as he entered. Wen had his blaster trained on Esm and Pomar, Konner looking rather comforable on the seat next to Pomar holding a large knife, and Dayn was leaning up against the bulkhead, head tilted in thought. He looked around, a small grin on his face. "So what did I miss, hmm? We're going after the big boss and his money, yes? Who? What? Where? Why? When? How?" chittered Milo, in his usual way.

coldskier0320
27 February 2004, 07:17 AM
*bump*

Tyrok
20 April 2004, 08:40 AM
The heroes agreed on Wen's plan, and Dayn's modifications of the same, and Milo started tieing up the prisoners.
"Hey!" Esm yelped when Milo approached. "You can't tie me up, you need me."
He explained, jabbing him self in the chest. "Who is going to get you through the front door?
"Who knows where the credits are? You have to take me with you!"

coldskier0320
21 April 2004, 10:18 AM
Dayn pauses indecisively for a second, binders in hand as he headed toward the wily twi'lek. While they could, in theory, keep Esm here, and get information from him via comlink, it would undoubtedly expedite their assault by having him there in person.

Finally, he makes up his mind...

"Very well, we will take you with us, but first you will tell us everything you know about the complex. Also...hold still..."

Before Esm can do much more than make a strange sounding 'huh?', Dayn slaps the binders on, strapping the twi'leks hands firmly and securely behind his back.

With a satisfied smirk, Dayn pats Esm's back.

:D

Tyrok
22 April 2004, 06:08 AM
Esm looked up in disbelief.

“You got to be kidding me! How am I sopposed to defend my self?”
The Twi’lek protested.

“Look...” He continued much more calmly. “We are business partners now.
“You should give me a blaster. Not binders. Do you really think I would run... or shoot you, or anything? Why would I do that? So I can work for Pal-Nada again? He’s not exactly the best employer in the galaxy.”

He stood up. “Just get these binders off me, give me a blaster, and than we can take my speeder, and drive up to the HQ. If you take me, you can skip most of the security you would have to, and probably wouldn’t be able to, deal with.”

He shruged. “Face it. Without me, you can’t even get there.”

coldskier0320
22 April 2004, 10:29 AM
“You got to be kidding me! How am I sopposed to defend my self?”

"Duck."


“Look...” He continued much more calmly. “We are business partners now.

"We are most definitely not business partners. You are our prisoner. We are your captors. You will do as we say, or you will be shot."

Dayn pulls his Shatter gun up in front of Esm's eyes.

"You've seen what this thing is capable of, don't make me turn you into another example."


“You should give me a blaster. Not binders. Do you really think I would run... or shoot you, or anything? Why would I do that? So I can work for Pal-Nada again? He’s not exactly the best employer in the galaxy.”


He stood up. “Just get these binders off me, give me a blaster, and than we can take my speeder, and drive up to the HQ. If you take me, you can skip most of the security you would have to, and probably wouldn’t be able to, deal with.”

"Well that's the idea, if you were gonna get us past the security anyway, you can do it without a blaster. youll be weraing a large overcaot, so they cant see youre bound. Youll get us in, we'll get the cash, maybe knock off a few cronies, and blast out of there. If youre smart, you'll try and get out with us. If youre a good little Esm, we might set you free. If not..."

Dayn smiles as he eyes his Shatter Gun...

Darklighter
23 April 2004, 07:28 AM
Wen watched what transpired between Esm and Dayn, and said nothing. He merely shrugged his shoulders as if to say, 'that's how it is'.

It looked like Gyp could handle the tape - barely. (lol) Pomar looked well trussed-up. But Wen hadn't seen Kharina since he'd come aboard so he went looking for her.

(OOC After he finds her, brief chat, etc.)

Wen returns. "Alright, let's do this and be gone from this planet by morning," he said. He grabbed his blaster rifle and other weaponry, pertinent equipment, and headed for the speeder.

Gyp Ryol
29 April 2004, 02:15 PM
OOC: Just in case everyone has forgotten, my character's name is Milo. Everyone goy it? Are you sure? Say it with me now: M-I-L-O. :D

IC:

Milo patted Esm patronizingly on the head as he bound him up. He looped the roll of space tape onto his belt after he was finished with the lackey. He listened with cocked ears to the plan, and nodded vigorously in agreement. As Wen moved out of the ship, Milo tugged on his pants leg as he strode past. "'Scuse me, Wen, 'scuse me. But would it be necessary to utilize some inflitration and stealth-type skills on an endeavour such as this? I would think such talents would be mush use in delicate situations, such as the one we are about to get into. I have a little knowledge of such things, yes yes." Milo twirled his whiskers with his off hand while fiddling with the roll of space tape on his belt.

coldskier0320
4 May 2004, 08:51 AM
OOC: Tyyyyrrrrrok...we need a GM post...

I think Korwin's dead to the HoloNet, havent seen a post from him in ages. We need to keep moving, if the adventure is almost over, let's get it wrapped up so we can have the satisfaction of completing our assignment!

Tyrok
4 May 2004, 09:25 AM
OOC:Sorry. Thought Dark was gonna reply to that.
I'll get a post up tommorow or the day after. Got some trouble at school

Darklighter
4 May 2004, 10:39 AM
"Uh, sure Milo. That sounds like a good idea, if you want to take the lead on it," Wen replied. The note of uncertainty was difficult to banish entirely from his voice as he watched the squib twirl his whiskers.

coldskier0320
4 May 2004, 02:29 PM
Got some trouble at school

Oh I know how that goes...:(

If you need a break from SoaD, just let us know, I, for one, totally sympathize, sometimes you just need to take a break from everything.

Korwin Blade
6 May 2004, 05:37 AM
IC:
Konner has gotten his gear his heavy blaster and his vibrorapier, and any equipment he thinks he might need. After Wen has his short chat with Milo.

Konner says to him, “ Hey Wen do you think I should take the swoop or should we just take the speeder?”


OOC:
Mesa Back………………..LOL………..I can't resist the dark side…………..LOL

Tyrok
9 May 2004, 10:07 AM
The plan was forged, and set in motion.
With Esm in tow giving the directions, the heroes found the HQ quickly and easily.
It was a large mansion, located on a cliff in the outskirts.
Esm was their ticket past the front door, and the guard positioned there.
The Twi'lek seemed very co-operative. Not a suprise given his motivation.
The mansion was very well decorated and looked very old.
Esm took them up a large staircase directly in front of the doors they entered through, and in to a hallway to the right after it.
Esm seemed to stiffen as they walked to the end of the hallway, and to the doors on the left wall guarded by a large dark complexioned man.

Out of nowhere two guards appeared running down the hallway toward them, blasters in hand.
«Stop them.» One of them yelled.

OOC:
Battle order is as follows:
Milo
Wen
Konner
Dayn
big black guy
thug 1
thug 2

Sorry for the delay fellas.

coldskier0320
10 May 2004, 03:22 AM
((OOC: Just stick me in wherever my initiative would put me.))

Reacting to the troops, Dayn pulls up his shattergun, stepping to the side of the hallway, and lets loose with a round from his elegat weapon.

((OOC: Aimed at thug 1, unless he's already dead by my turn, else, shoot at thug 2.))

Gyp Ryol
14 May 2004, 08:50 AM
IC:
"Flaming frell!" yelled Milo. Fumbling with straps and buckles, Milo managed to draw his absurdly large blaster pistol and popped off a shot at the leading thug.

OC:
Move aciton: Draw weapon. Attack action: Ranged attack. 19 (roll) + 6 (mod) = 25. Damage: 2 + 3 + 8 = 13.

Darklighter
25 May 2004, 01:17 PM
It had gone smoothly so far. Esm had cooperated, and Wen filled in the role of armed thug as he followed the twi'lek into the mansion and down a hall...

Suddenly Esm stiffened. A large guard stood at the door, and two more thugs came streaming down the hall at them.

Wen intended to get through that door. He raised his rifle and fire to rapid shots at the large guard.

OOC Two rolls using the multiple fire ability of the rifle, with a -4 penalty on each shot.

14, + 2 BAB, +2 Dex, +1 PBS, -4MS = 15
Damage = 16

18, + 2 BAB, +2 Dex, +1 PBS, -4MS = 19
Damage = 13