PDA

View Full Version : OOC:Steal of a Deal

Tyrok
4 November 2003, 12:57 PM
Any questions, comments, advice?
Speak up!
(you can put smaller questions in IC thread)

Gyp Ryol
4 November 2003, 01:13 PM
So it begins! Keep one hand on your credit chip and the other on your shiny do-dads, cause here comes Milo! Ooooh, this is going to be fun.

Seriously though, are you going to be making all the rolls or are the players going to?

coldskier0320
4 November 2003, 05:26 PM
For Dayn, thats two Spot checks, one for giving the twi'lek the once over, and one for giving the area a good once over.

I just did this, as I don't know how you wanna run checks and the like. Tell me what you want and I'll do that.

And how was that for a first post?

Gyp Ryol
4 November 2003, 05:31 PM
I enjoyed it! Gives me the impression that Dayn isn't the talkative type. Or the incredible naive and trusting type. ;)

coldskier0320
4 November 2003, 05:42 PM
Oh, he's incredibly wary, he just knows a good hunch when he gets one. ;)

And thanks :D

Tyrok
5 November 2003, 03:56 AM
You guys will roll the dice.I will ask for any reactions or saves.

Korwin Blade
5 November 2003, 05:12 AM
I haven't been a player in so long I almost forgot what it is like, or how to it is do. But its comeing back rather quickly. I guess it must be like riding a bike.

I will try to get some kind of background hammered out this weekend. Where do you want it posted?

Tyrok
5 November 2003, 05:32 AM
You can post it here, Korwin.

Gyp, have you played this game before?

Darklighter
5 November 2003, 06:09 AM
My post is up. Glad to be playing with you guys!

coldskier0320
5 November 2003, 06:56 AM
Well, for my spot checks i rolled an 8 and a 14 respectively, that gives me a result of +18 for my spot on the twi'lek, and +24 for my spot of the area.

Tyrok
5 November 2003, 07:34 AM
Don't worry Cold, I rolled for that one.

coldskier0320
5 November 2003, 08:30 AM
I'm assuming, so that people can post when most convenient for them, that we just post our combat actions whenever, in any order. After everyone posts, Tyrok, our esteemed GM will put the actions in initiative order. If there is a major conflict in actions (ie. a computer is destroyed before the initiative of a character that previously said he was going to use it), the GM will ask that player to resubmit his PC's actions. Am I right in thinking this? If there is a problem, let me know, and I will do whatever you figure will work more smoothly.

Tyrok
5 November 2003, 10:26 AM
OK, works for me.
I'll just wait for everybody to post their actions, and than I'll give results.
One thing I forgot is a sketch of the hangar(or office if you want to call it:)).

Darklighter
5 November 2003, 10:43 AM
Sounds good to me.

Gyp Ryol
5 November 2003, 04:57 PM
Gyp, have you played this game before?

No, I haven't. Why do you ask?

Tyrok
6 November 2003, 03:48 AM
I thiought you might have played it, since you knew he's gonna try to buy the ship.

Anyway, just wondering, how regulary can you guys post?
I can ussualy post 2-3 times per day, during the week, unless something unexpected happens(like yesterday my sister threw away all my notes:)).
Don't take this as rushing, infact, I'm pretty impressed by your speed:).

Gyp Ryol
6 November 2003, 04:35 AM
It really depends on my schedule, but I can manage to post once or twice a day.

Korwin Blade
6 November 2003, 04:57 AM
I can post one to two times a day depending on my schedule, and what is going on at home.

coldskier0320
6 November 2003, 05:02 AM
Well, between the hours of 7am - 2:30pm on weekdays, (in school), I can post almost indefinitely. 20-30 times in a given day is possible, though most likely not necessary. In the evenings, I am occasionally online at home, and can post, but dont count on an evening post from me. Weekends...good luck, between jam sessions for the band, and a new girlfriend, my weekend time is at a premium. If I post on a weekend, it is a miracle, the exception, rather than the rule.

FYI: All times here are EST, GMT -5:00

coldskier0320
6 November 2003, 05:25 AM
Also, hey, we need to get some kind of standard form for posting our check results. Post anything that would make sense to you and we'll pick one from there or make our own hybrid.

I've always used:

n (roll) + b (any bonuses due to character) + c (circumstance bonuses) - p (any penalties) = e (end result)

In this form, n, b, c, p, and e are all numbers, while anything in the parentheses is a very brief explanation of where th number came from.

Any other ideas? Post 'em!

Darklighter
6 November 2003, 06:53 AM
I'll be able to post one or two times a day, Tyrok. And Coldskier0320, that format you have there seems as good as any. I'd use it.

Gyp Ryol
6 November 2003, 06:59 AM
I like coldskier's format too. I elect that we all use it for the rest of the game.

Korwin Blade
6 November 2003, 07:36 AM
Hey All,

Sound good to me.

Tyrok
6 November 2003, 07:39 AM
Very well, nbcp it is.
I would like to apologize for the delay of my post, as I have mentioned before my sister threw away all my notes.
I found most of them, but Black's stats were missing.
I recovered them after a short dip in the garbage:)
I'll post in 10-15 min.

coldskier0320
6 November 2003, 08:08 AM
my sister threw away all my notes

Sell her on eBay. :rolleyes:

Well, OK, nbcp, as its been affectionaltely named, is what I'll use from now on. I think Tyrok will find it easier to have one format for that sort of thing, easier on the GM's brane.:D

**shudders with excitement**

Can't wait for the new post in the IC thread!

Tyrok
6 November 2003, 08:38 AM
Oh, and yes, I have forgotten Esm's initiative.
He's last.

Sell her on eBay.

Trust me my friend, the thought comes to mind often:)

Korwin Blade
6 November 2003, 08:41 AM
Hey Tyrok,

I wasn't sure what you wanted me to roll, so just let me know.

Tyrok
7 November 2003, 10:51 AM
Don't worry, I'll tell you what to roll if you don't know, and thanks for vibrorapier stats.
Gyp & Coldskier do you have any Squib or Verpine pictures?
I'm having trouble picturing things:)

Gyp Ryol
7 November 2003, 04:32 PM
Well, I couldn't find any Squib pictures, and due to my lack of scanner, I couldn't get this really nice picture of a Squib from the Alien Anthology. Here is the description of a Squib according to the UAA.

Squibs are covered in fur that ranged in color from deep red to silvery blue. They have short muzzles that end in a black nose, and their tufted ears rise well above their heads. Their ears can adjust to point in different directions to help detect even the faintest sounds. Their overly large eyes, located on the sides of their heads, range in color from brilliant yellow to dark red.

So think of a squirrel standing on two legs, minus the tail.

Korwin Blade
7 November 2003, 06:17 PM
Hey All,

I think the squib looks more like a cat without the tail. This from the picture in the AA. Not that I am an expert. Just they way it looks to me. Especially the yellow eyes, and the ears are just longer. But thats just me.

Darklighter
7 November 2003, 08:03 PM
Here's an artist's rendering of a squib over at SWAG:

http://swagonline.net/view.php?photo_id=1166&screen=0&action=search&keyword=Squib&date=&type=search

And a verpine, also from SWAG:

http://swagonline.net/view.php?photo_id=1199&screen=0&action=search&keyword=Verpine&date=&type=search

Tyrok
7 November 2003, 10:45 PM
Thanks alot Darklighter.
*bumps himself on the head for not remembering about SWAG*
One problem tho this page cannot be displayed:)
I think something's wrong with my browser.
Can you guys try.

Gyp Ryol
8 November 2003, 05:48 AM
Tried it, and it worked for me. I don't like that Squib picture all that much, but at least it's something.

Tyrok
8 November 2003, 08:35 AM
Than it's surely something with my browser.
Just swiched from netscape to ie.

Darklighter
8 November 2003, 08:03 PM
Hmm. That's weird, because I have IE and it displays fine. Anyway, pop over to swagonline.net (http://swagonline.net) and punch in "squib" or "verpine" in the "search" field of the main page. You'll see the pictures, and others, to which I'm referring you. Enjoy! Let me know if you can see them OK, too.

Tyrok
8 November 2003, 10:05 PM
Still won't work.
I'll probably swich to opera anyway.
PS It's your turn in game.

Darklighter
9 November 2003, 06:17 AM
PS It's your turn in game.

Very, very strange. I posted something yesterday for this, but it didn't show up. OK, I have one up now, guys.

Tyrok
9 November 2003, 07:37 AM
Looks like my browser decided it's time I saw those pictures:)
Anyway, sorry guys, but I can't post right now, big test tommorow at school.
But I think it should be up by the end of the day.

Tyrok
10 November 2003, 09:34 AM
Konner.
What did you mean by slowing him down?
Did you mean suppresion fire?
That was a redyed action right?

Korwin Blade
10 November 2003, 09:56 AM
I think that Esm is a chicken so I believe If he gets hit he might fall down, or something. And yes that was a readied action.

Tyrok
10 November 2003, 10:12 AM
So just a regular readied attack?

Korwin Blade
10 November 2003, 10:15 AM
Yes.

Tyrok
10 November 2003, 10:18 AM
Great, I'll go write my post now.

Korwin Blade
10 November 2003, 10:29 AM
Great!!!

Tyrok
10 November 2003, 10:35 AM
One more thing.
Dark, you are to far away to use stun on Pomar.
You can move in to the range(4m) or you can use regular bolts.

Darklighter
10 November 2003, 11:44 AM
Argh. Sorry Tyrok. For some unknown reason, I had it fixed in my mind this morning that the range of a stun bolt was 10 metres. Forget the stun. I've edited the post again.

Gyp Ryol
10 November 2003, 03:44 PM
Great, I'll go write my post now.

Yo, Tyrok! Have you posted yet or not? If you have, then where is it?

Darklighter
10 November 2003, 05:02 PM
Let's be a little patient, Gyp. I've found that on most on-line games, a round a day is very fast. Tyrok's on it, don't worry. And if it goes up tomorrow instead, that's fine too. It's all cool. :)

Gyp Ryol
10 November 2003, 06:37 PM
Sorry. :o It's my first time doing PbP, so I still need to learn to get comfortable with the rythm. Not to mention I'm having a lot of fun playing with you guys! :)

Darklighter
10 November 2003, 08:29 PM
S'okay, Gyp. I'm having a lot of fun with you and the group too. :)

Tyrok
11 November 2003, 03:53 AM
Sorry guys, my eyes were kinda bloody:) and I was feeling a little ill.
If you ever feel that I'm posting to slowly let me know.
I'm having alot of fun with you guys too.
One more thing, I think everybody's a little confused with where who is standing so here's a map(this map is the state of things after my next post).
I'll post after lunch, but if you want to change your move beacouse you didn't know where sombody was, just let me know in the OOC thread, and than edit your post;
Than I'll edit my post accordingly.

Tyrok
11 November 2003, 04:50 AM
Oh, yeah:
The Map:)

Korwin Blade
11 November 2003, 04:53 AM
Hey Everyone,

I'm having a blast, because I never have the chance to be a player. And even though I haven't played by post before, I have to say I think that it is going faster than I thought it would. Keep up the great work Tyrok. And thanks Darklighter, Gyp, and Cold, for makeing this so much fun.

Korwin Blade
11 November 2003, 05:01 AM
Tyrok, It seems to me that thugs 2, 3 should be farther into the room and Esm and my self would be going out the back door not the front door. Also the hanger door was closed, wasn't it?

Tyrok
11 November 2003, 05:23 AM
Thugs 2,3 were just coming in to the room when the official arrived.
There was another one with them, but Milo(or Gyp) shot him.

Esm got to where he is on the map when the official entered, and he tryed to convince him that he was the victim.
He walked towards the official.
If you want Konner farther away, just let me know, and edit your post.

The hangar doors opened when the first 4 thugs entered.

Korwin Blade
11 November 2003, 05:42 AM
No, I will leave it the way it is. Sorry about the confustion not quite the same as playing it with everyone around the table. And thanks for the map.

Darklighter
11 November 2003, 06:16 AM
I was going to change my action, but nah!

Tyrok
11 November 2003, 07:31 AM
I'll try to find some kind of an interactive map.
Maybe something like this:
------------------------------------------
-----------------T------------------------
-----------W-----------------------------
------------------------------------------
--------------------E---------------------
-------HHHHHHHHH--------------------
T-table
W-wen
E-Esm

I don't know, I'm just throwing ideas around.
Anybody got one?

coldskier0320
12 November 2003, 02:57 AM
Well, first of all, sorry about the lack of postage on tuesday. We didn't have school so it kinda became an impromptu weekend. Second, as with everyone else, I'm having alot of fun. This PbP, so far, is fairly simple, with only short posts necessary. That makes it easy to write a quick post to kep the game moving. I think subconsciously, everyone has picked up on this and that is what keeps the game moving as fast as it is. Tyrok, as far as those maps are concerned, i think the bitmap is about as simple as you wanna go. The interactive text-based map might work, but i think it'd probably turn out to be more complication than its worth. Basically, players, if where you are moving is not made clear in your IC post, put an OOC post-post (ok, you know what i mean:P ). Another suggestion, in farr0095's Invasion of Theed Campaign, he posts his maps in the IC thread at the end of the post. If possible, and if the others agree with me, I think it would be easier if you posted your maps in your IC posts. Again, just a suggestion.:)

Tyrok
12 November 2003, 04:56 AM
I ussualy start with the intention of posting the map on the IC thread, but I forget as I write the post:)

You are right so far this adventure has been mainly hack n slash, but after this one, we'll have something mor complex(if you still want to play).

coldskier0320
12 November 2003, 05:15 AM
Just edit the post, or put another post underneath it, just keep it in the IC forum.:)

Tyrok
12 November 2003, 05:36 AM
I'll put it in my next post.

Guys, you can use run4X as a full round action to run 40m.
Are you using that mode or some other?

Darklighter
12 November 2003, 08:09 AM
Wen is going to run at 4X, or top speed.

Gyp Ryol
12 November 2003, 02:54 PM
Yeah, 4x for me too, but I only move at 6m/round, so that factors out to 24m. :(

coldskier0320
13 November 2003, 02:54 AM
I too will indeed be using the run 4x, however, I start one round after the others, as I took time to download the contents of he computer terminal into my datapad and to shoot the thing. So I guess that puts me about 40 meters behind the nearest of my allies...gulp!

Tyrok
13 November 2003, 04:52 AM
Yeah, one problem with that Cold:
You stood up(move action), plugged the cable in to the terminal and the datapad(free), downloaded the data(move), shot the terminal(attack), and ran after the others(full round).
So round 1:stand up, download data
round 2:shoot the terminal, run
so you would start a round after the others and you can only run 10m.

Am I correct?
If yes, do you want to keep it this way?

coldskier0320
13 November 2003, 05:31 AM
Well...hmmm...i guess gimme those 10 meters, then the next round gimme 40. That work?

Tyrok
13 November 2003, 05:46 AM
Yup!

Tyrok
13 November 2003, 08:01 AM
Uh, bad news guys.
I won't have acess to my computer for a couple of days(maybe more).
I'm sorry for the inconvinience, I'll post as soon as I get my computer back.

coldskier0320
13 November 2003, 08:18 AM
Ummm...ok, I guess. Thanks for the heads up. Good luck with the situation, whatever it may be.

Darklighter
13 November 2003, 09:44 AM
OK Tyrok. I hope it isn't a disaster. See you in a couple of days! :)

Gyp Ryol
13 November 2003, 01:54 PM
:( The loss of one's computer is a very sad thing. Too bad it happens to me a lot more than I'd like.

coldskier0320
14 November 2003, 02:59 AM
Yeah, mine doesn't ever really die, per se. It just has some kind of chronic idiocy disease. Hmmm, CCID, chronic computer idiocy disease (or disorder)...i like it. But yeah, while mine hasn't out and out died, its constantly slow, with bad connections and all that crap...OK, rant over.:)

Tyrok
14 November 2003, 05:41 AM
Hey all!
I finally found a computer to post from.
Indeed, Gyp, loss of one's computer is a very sad thing... unless...
He is selling it to get a new one:D
Yup, that's right boys, upgrading for KOTOR, which is due to be out in...
what 5 days?:)

I think I'll get my new computer in 3-4 days.

See you than!

PS And don't you disappear while I'm gone!!!:)

Darklighter
14 November 2003, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by Tyrok
PS And don't you disappear while I'm gone!!!:)

Not a chance. :)

coldskier0320
14 November 2003, 08:58 AM
No way buddy, with a PbP as fast-paced as this, I'm getting season tickets!:D

Gyp Ryol
19 November 2003, 04:10 PM
Hey all, know how I said that the loss of a computer is a sad thing? Well, I found something worse: Having a computer, but NOT being able to access the HoloNet. My browser suddenly decided that SW RPG Network was uncouth and had just recently decided that I was allowed to view it again. Was this a widespread problem or was my computer having serious issues?

coldskier0320
19 November 2003, 04:21 PM
Refer yourself to my answer of your question in the other thread, the Korriban OOC;)

Gyp Ryol
19 November 2003, 04:27 PM
Already have. Thanks for the info. I just thought I'd make sure all my bases were covered, because I could not figure out what was going on when HoloNet wasn't loading. :(

Ooooh, KOTOR. I'm jealous. I don't think there's enough money on Earth that could pay for the upgrades my computer would need.

Tyrok
20 November 2003, 12:16 PM
As Korwin so politely pointed out to my dumb a$$, our OOC thread is with us too!
YEAH!
So continue here...

Tyrok
21 November 2003, 04:56 AM
Dark, do you have any moderator powers in this forum?
If yes, could you delete the other OOC post?

Oh, and I had to say:

ďDamn!!! The next time someone say have I got a deal for you, I swear I am going to just shoot him.Ē

LOL!!!

Darklighter
21 November 2003, 05:16 AM
OK, I'll take care of it. :)

Tyrok
21 November 2003, 06:03 AM
Thanks.

Tyrok
21 November 2003, 06:32 AM
I forgot to appologyse for any spelling errors in my last couple of posts.
I usually write posts in word, than copy paste them(to eliminate the errors), but I haven't installed it yet.

Korwin Blade
24 November 2003, 06:23 AM
Sorry about the delay in my post, but with Da Bears winning and family commitments, I didn't have much time. Won't change their season, but gives me bragging right over some bronco fans I know. And that is always a good thing.

Tyrok
24 November 2003, 08:55 AM
It's OK Korwin

coldskier0320
24 November 2003, 10:16 AM
Stinkin' Bears!!! I picked the Broncs to win that game..another point down the tubes! :rolleyes: S'ok though, the Stillers beat Cleveland and Green Bay beat San Fran :D

Korwin Blade
24 November 2003, 12:19 PM
Pitts and Dallas both ticked me off I missed both of those games, but it is still all good I am 13 and 2 going into tonights game.

They don't stink they just need a quarterback.

coldskier0320
24 November 2003, 02:23 PM
I am 13 and 2 going into tonight's game

Wow, Im'm 10 and 5, would have been 11 and 4 except i somehow forgot to make the last two picks on the sheet, go figure.

Yeah, go figure and GO BUCS!!!

Korwin Blade
24 November 2003, 02:50 PM
Yes, I agree I need the Bucs to win so I can go 14 and 2. I normally would not be wanting them to win. But haven't done this good all year.

Go Bears

Korwin Blade
24 November 2003, 04:19 PM
Hey Cold love that beer. Going to have one tonight while I watch the game.

coldskier0320
25 November 2003, 03:22 AM
Yeah buddy, Korwin!!! Bucs win! 11-5.

Hey Cold love that beer

Huh? What? Oh!!! Rolling Rock, yeah, good stuff...oh but I wouldnt know...being UA and all...B)

Korwin Blade
25 November 2003, 05:06 AM
Ya Buc's win and I am 14-2 this week. Next week will probably go 2-14...........lol

Tyrok
26 November 2003, 04:12 AM
Cold, it's your turn to post.

coldskier0320
26 November 2003, 04:40 AM
There's nothing for me to write about. Give us another GM post, please? Do we make it to the ship? What does it look like? I just need something to go off of. Believe me, I wanted to post, I just thought you would post again with something for us to react to. Is the encounter over?

Tyrok
26 November 2003, 04:52 AM
Yes, that is your only option beacouse the encounter ended.
I just don't want to command your characters.
I like to give as much freedom as possible.

Darklighter
4 December 2003, 07:10 PM
OK guys, hopefully the server problems are resolved. Let's get the game back up! :)

Korwin Blade
4 December 2003, 07:51 PM
Sorry everyone about the delay, but was a busy week at work due to the thanksgiving holiday and didn't have time to log on here. Hope I didn't delay the game to much.

coldskier0320
5 December 2003, 03:18 AM
Woohoo!!! It's back!!!

Anyways, Korwin I went 12-4 over last weekend, hell yeah!

OK, lets get going...

Tyrok
5 December 2003, 04:37 AM
No problemos Korwin.
I'll post after lunch.

Korwin Blade
5 December 2003, 07:41 AM
Ya beat me this week I only went 9-7, but most of the games I didnt pick right had very little points on them so I when up 6 spots. Because everyone else did much worst than I did.

Darklighter
11 December 2003, 01:34 PM
Hey guys, let's keep the pace up on the game. I've been really enjoying it, and playing with all of you. :)

Tyrok
11 December 2003, 09:20 PM
Yeah, I've noticed my self, that you don't post that regulary any more.
I'm not rushing you, just wondering is something keeping you from posting or have you lost interest.

coldskier0320
12 December 2003, 02:58 AM
Well, over on this end, its a combination of the combat rounds being over, meaning that posts, IMO, should be more than little four or five sentence blurbs, meaning that they'll come less often. The other part is that lately, life has been kinda crazy. The college application process is upon me, im gettin ready for ski season, hunting, and spending alot of time with the girlfriend. I can still do a great deal of posting during the weekdays though at school, I just need time to come up with stuff. And then! Then!!! The stupid server at school was down for the past three days. But now I'm in school and it seems like it's back...so we'll see...

Tyrok
13 December 2003, 04:20 AM
I'm having computer trouble again:(
My internet conection is... well not working the way it should.
My post frequency might go down a little.

Darklighter
13 December 2003, 07:25 AM
Hi guys. This is just a note to let you know that I'll be away from Dec. 21-28. It isn't too likely that I'll be able to post during that time.

Tyrok
13 December 2003, 10:57 AM
No problem Dark.
I fixed my problem:)

Korwin Blade
15 December 2003, 05:40 AM
Hey i am still here. Just lately have been having trouble posting on the weekend with how busy this time of year is. So will we be taking a break during the time Darklighter is gone?

On a side note I just noticed I finally broke the 100 post barrier.

Darklighter
15 December 2003, 07:49 AM
If the rest of you are going to be able to play during the week I'm gone, then it's OK if Tyrok NPC's Wen Ronin for the week so that you guys can keep playing. I'm cool with that.

Tyrok
16 December 2003, 04:53 AM
I know what you mean.
This is my last week of school!
Don't worry Dark I'll RP Wen for you.
Any notes?

coldskier0320
16 December 2003, 05:10 AM
I'll be around most of the time. That is to say, I'm not going away on a trip or anything. But my online time, I imagine, will be fairly lacking, until maybe right after christmas itself, when my girlfriend goes away on a short trip. If and when i pop in from time to time, I'll try to get a post in.

Happy hunting!

coldskier0320

Darklighter
16 December 2003, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by Tyrok
I know what you mean.
This is my last week of school!
Don't worry Dark I'll RP Wen for you.
Any notes?

Thanks Tyrok. No notes beyond what's on his Character Sheet, and what you've seen so far. He tends to be the thoughtful sort, I think. A good guy, on the whole. He'll look after people.

Korwin Blade
16 December 2003, 08:09 AM
Sometimes I feel like I kill threads. Because everytime I post outside of this thread no one ever posts again. Does that happen to any of you guys.

Darklighter
16 December 2003, 08:19 AM
... and silence follows. LOL :D

Maybe it's a testament to your posting abilities, Korwin. You put together such perfect posts and/or arguments that you book-end the discussion nicely. What more can be said? :)

I've felt like that sometimes, too. It passes. Some threads are lively, and some really are handled after a few or even a couple of responses. Just continue to post thoughtful and/or helpful responses. The conversations will come.

Tyrok
16 December 2003, 08:56 AM
Well, I can't say this happened to me, but it's probbably just what Dark said.

coldskier0320
16 December 2003, 09:01 AM
Well, Korwin, this post goes out to you. After a positively embarassing 9-7 week, this week it looks like I went 13-3, ooh-rah!:D

Korwin Blade
16 December 2003, 10:35 AM
Could you guys do me a big favor and check out the thread in the d20 discussion that is about a d20 sheet started by white wookie and give me feed back on the character sheet even if it sucks I would like to know. The one I posted not white wookie.

And Cold I went 14-2 this week but most everyone in the group did great. It just was a great week to pick the team that should win.

Tyrok
22 December 2003, 09:39 AM
Does anybody know where's Korwin?

I know this is very late, but I was bussy with school.
Anyway, my thoughts on the sheet:
So far, I have used only one sheet, and it proved to be very usefull.
It was an excel sheet for creating characters.
On the other hand, your sheet seems to be for quick reference.
It does it job very well.
I like the way you grouped up the skills under the abilities.
You can quickly find all the modifiers(ranks and ability mods).
Good work!

Tyrok
24 December 2003, 05:50 AM
Ok, looks like Korwin dissapeared.
Dark's away, that means Cold and Gyp are still here(or should be:D).
So PMme, or post, so I know you are still here.
We will also need sombody to RP Konner while Korwin's gone.
If none of you wish to do it, I will.

Gyp Ryol
24 December 2003, 06:25 AM
Wow. People are dropping like flies. I'll roleplay Konner, if you want me too.

Tyrok
24 December 2003, 07:28 AM
That would be great Gyp!
Let's just hope nothing bad happened to Korwin.

Tyrok
26 December 2003, 08:43 AM
Seems Cold's gonne too.
Must be the holydays.
Well, well just have a brake until the holydays are over than.
Oh. and

MERRY XMAS

coldskier0320
26 December 2003, 05:22 PM
Coldskier0320, reporting in! Hope everyone had a blast over the holidays, I know I did! :D Thanks again, Tyrok for putting together and running this great game! I'm having an awesome time, and im glad everyones posting and we've kept it a light, fast-pasced game, even for PbP.

Tyrok
26 December 2003, 10:11 PM
Welcome back, and thanks.
Can't wait to get the show on the road again, but I think we should wait a few more days.
Maybe Korwin appears.

Darklighter
28 December 2003, 04:25 PM
Hey guys, I'm back too. Happy New Year, and hope the holidays have been good to you so far, everyone! :)

Korwin Blade
29 December 2003, 05:09 AM
Hey All, I am back!!! I wasn't planning on being gone, but my fiancee was home all last week so I spent alot of time with her. I also finally saw The Fellowship of the Ring and The Two Towers. I had a great holiday I hope everyone else did. And thanks to all of you for your time.

Tyrok
29 December 2003, 06:16 AM
Wellcome back evrybody!
Nice to have the paty back together.

Well, now that we are all back, we can continue.
Korwin, you are up!

Tyrok
29 December 2003, 11:18 AM
Er... I kinda screwed up with that map in the IC thread:D
So... here it is again:)

Gyp Ryol
30 December 2003, 02:26 PM
Hey Tyrok, what's my damage at now? Am I still down some VP? I recall being damaged in the last fight...

Tyrok
30 December 2003, 10:51 PM
Yes, I hade a debate with a friend of mine about that.
I want your input too.
The rules say 1vp per lvl per hour of rest.
The question is does rest mean resting in a bed or just not doing hard fisical work.
We have decided that it means "resting in a bed", but I want your input too.

Gyp Ryol
31 December 2003, 06:50 AM
I believe that the core rulebook states that as long as the character is not doing hard physical (:D) labor, it counts as resting. I think actual bed rest would be required for wound points and ability score damage.

Darklighter
31 December 2003, 10:41 AM
Yeah, Gyp has that right, actually. Under 'Natural Healing' in the RCR it says light, nonstrenuous travel or activity is OK while healing naturally, but combat obviates any healing, as I imagine any hard physical labour would. I kind of like it this way, but if you want to apply a house rule, I'm cool with that.

coldskier0320
31 December 2003, 11:15 AM
You may engage in light, nonstrenuous travel,or activity while healing naturally, but any combat prevents you from healing during that hour (or day).

RCRB, page 160.

From this, I'd say he heals, but, as the others have said, it's your call, Tyrok.

Tyrok
1 January 2004, 01:20 AM
I see.
We could say that an hour has expired from joging back to the ship to arrival at the Sunset cantina.
So you have healed 2 VP, which leaces you now at 4 VP.

Tyrok
1 January 2004, 02:12 AM
In case you haven't yet, check out Cold's post on the trader's infonet about a holonet wide SWRPG.
Post if you are interested.
And bring your friends too:)

Gyp Ryol
1 January 2004, 03:06 PM
Oh joy. 4. *gulp*

Darklighter
5 January 2004, 11:14 AM
We're a little stalled for the moment, but I just wanted to say that I've really enjoyed Konner, Milo, and Dayn. You guys have created some great characters, and played them well. Kudos. :)

coldskier0320
5 January 2004, 11:36 AM
Thanks, Darklighter, I really enjoy RPing with all you guys (and gals?) too. I'm really glad this RP is still thriving, and i can't wait to see what the adventure brings in weeks to come!:D

Also, as Tyrok has said, check out the proposed pbp in the Traders' InfoNet forum (link in signature), a few of you are already involved, and I'd like to personally encourage all of you guys to give it a try, you're all talented RPers.

Tyrok
6 January 2004, 06:24 AM
Korwin hasn't checked in for a while, so I'll assume control of Konner for the duration of the battle.
I'll start writing my post now.
Oh, and, did anybody have trouble with the map?

Tyrok
6 January 2004, 07:31 AM
As you know this is my first shot at GMing, and I would like some feedback from you guys.
Do you think the thugs were to weak?

Darklighter
7 January 2004, 01:17 PM
I thought the thugs in the warehouse were fine. We got a little lucky there, and we had a little bit of cover to help. A couple of bad rolls the other way, and we'd have been in real trouble fast.

I was surprised we got to Pomar so quickly, though. I figured he'd be hidden in an office or secret lair, maybe even a starship, surrounded by more thugs, or security systems and droids. I thought we'd have to capture Esm and squeeze Pomar's whereabouts or his bank account information out of him. And then Pomar would come for us. Some variation on these ideas, anyway. I guess I'm saying I thought 'the big boss' would be tougher.

Is this the end of the adventure, Tyrok ? Can we keep playing? I like these characters and their interactions. I hope Korwin comes back to play, too. Konner had potential.

I've enjoyed the adventure, by the way. A good pace was set by both GM and players, and the adventure itself has had a good, cinematic feel, and was well-paced itself. Thank you very much for running this for us, Tyrok. :)

Tyrok
7 January 2004, 10:39 PM
I've enjoyed the adventure, by the way. A good pace was set by both GM and players, and the adventure itself has had a good, cinematic feel, and was well-paced itself. Thank you very much for running this for us, Tyrok. :)

Thanks for playing:)
I won't comment, because I would spoil the adventure,
but thanks for the feedback.

Korwin Blade
9 January 2004, 06:00 AM
Hey All,

Sorry about my long absents, I have been kind of side tracked with all of the snow and ice we have been getting here in the NW. Thankfully I donít live in Portland, but it was bad enough where I live. Anyway I am back.

And thanks Darklighter for your kind words, I havenít been a player in a long time and it has been a nice break for me. I mostly DM a D&D3E campaign, but one of my players has been working two jobs of late so havenít been Gming much since summer. And thanks to Tyrok for the great job of GMing. I agree with Darklighter on the thugs we got lucky. Thanks Gyp and Cold for the quick handedness of your characters, I love it when a team comes together.

Later All.

Tyrok
9 January 2004, 07:39 AM
Welcome back, Korwin!

Korwin Blade
12 January 2004, 06:58 AM
I have a qestion for the group. With most of us joining the PbP that Cold is trying to get off the ground, what will happen to Steal of a Deal?

I personally would like Steal of a Deal to continue, but if it doesn;t then I might use Konner in the other group.

Tyrok
12 January 2004, 07:29 AM
Well, I would very much like to continue the game, if everybody else wants to continue.
You can still use Konner in the other game.

Korwin Blade
12 January 2004, 02:32 PM
I would have to tweak him some for him to work, since I was going to play a Force Adept. I am not sure how that would work, maybe add a couple of levels of Force Adept.

I am glad you still want to run a game here, I just hope everyone else will want to as well.

Gyp Ryol
12 January 2004, 06:31 PM
I'm joining the HUMONGOUS PbP game myself, though I really enjoy playing Milo. I won't be playing him outside of SoD, so those of you in the HUMONGOUS PbP can breathe easy.

Korwin Blade
12 January 2004, 08:41 PM
I have been thinking about this most of the day and I am not going to play Konner out side of SoaD. I want to start out fresh and see where the Force takes me.

Hey Gyp, Does that mean you want to keep playing here?

Tyrok
13 January 2004, 08:43 AM
Are you all going back to the ship now?

coldskier0320
13 January 2004, 09:02 AM
Wow, its even being talked about in this corner of the galaxy...I'm flattered:).

Anyway, just becuase you're gonna be in the big pbp doenst mean thisun hasta die, im in three as it is, the big one being 4 (GMing and playing will make it seem like 5).

I'd really like this game to continue. One of the things i love about this one is that the posts are more just straight PC action, not alot of BS, we just get right down to what were doing or saying, its easy to post and keep the game moving when no one expects 5 paragraphs out of you.:)

Yes, I think we're all heading for the ship, though if Wen takes Pomar elsewhere, I'll follow him to protect them. But yes, I wanna go back to the ship.

Tyrok
13 January 2004, 11:42 AM
It's normal to play in more games, Korwin.
I'm currently GMing this game, and playing in two others, with another two about to begin(with Cold's being one of them).

I'll wait for everybody's response before continuing.

Gyp Ryol
14 January 2004, 01:28 PM
No way am I going to quit this game! I love Milo too much! :P It's funny, but I'll be in three PbP games when Quadrant starts, and coldskier's in all of them. Small world, ain't it?

Darklighter
14 January 2004, 02:02 PM
I'm definitely still in, Tyrok! :)

Korwin Blade
14 January 2004, 03:08 PM
Hey Everyone,

I am still in too. I just don't want to have the games suffer because I am unable to get on here to post. That is just my biggest concern.

And SoaD is my first online PbP game ever.

coldskier0320
15 January 2004, 08:43 AM
And SoaD is my first online PbP game ever.

Seriously? From the sounds of your posts, I thought Konner was the result of an experienced pbper. Kudos!

Korwin Blade
15 January 2004, 10:20 AM
That's just because I am an evil genius...................sinister laughing can be heard from all around you.:vader:

Gyp Ryol
15 January 2004, 04:16 PM
/me shoots surround sound speakers playing villianous laughtrack.

Tyrok
16 January 2004, 07:53 AM
As Konner is walking out he stops and says to Wen ďI saw a speeder on the side street that Esm and Pomar where using. Why donít you guys use it? That way we will all get back to the ship quicker, and maybe we can avoid any other entanglements.Ē

Korwin, you can't do that.
Only the GM can say what's going on in the world around you.
If you wanted to look for a speeder you should have made a spot or a search check.
But it's okay.
I'll go post now.

coldskier0320
16 January 2004, 08:25 AM
To the contrary, I think Korwin was in line. I mean, its hard to do this kind of thing in PbP, but i think it was just deductive reasoning on the part of Konner.

Esm left in a speeder, Esm is here, therefore, the speeder must be here.

I mean, as the GM and final arbiter, its your decision. That's just my two cents.:)

coldskier0320
16 January 2004, 10:19 AM
Oops, in all the excitement i forgot about you, Milo...must be the height difference, Dayn just didnt see you hop in.:D ;) :P

Gyp Ryol
17 January 2004, 07:13 AM
He dived in under your incredibly long legs. You never knew he was there. :P :D

Korwin Blade
17 January 2004, 09:24 PM
Tyrok, Just the GM in me seeping out around the edges. And besides I did say in one of my post that I was looking for it, and you didn't say I didn't find it, so I just took that to mean that I had. Sorry if I was being the GM there for a second......lol

That's what all that sinister laughing was all about anyway.

Tyrok
17 January 2004, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Korwin Blade
Tyrok, Just the GM in me seeping out around the edges. And besides I did say in one of my post that I was looking for it, and you didn't say I didn't find it, so I just took that to mean that I had. Sorry if I was being the GM there for a second......lol

That's what all that sinister laughing was all about anyway.

No problemo, Korwin!
Sorry, I missed that part.

Darklighter
26 January 2004, 05:02 AM
Yo, guys, are we still playing? Tyrok, my last post has questions for Black - and Wen's kind of looking around for Kharina.

Tyrok
26 January 2004, 05:31 AM
I'm still here.
I'm waiting for Cold and Korwin.

Darklighter
26 January 2004, 07:05 AM
Great! :)

Gyp Ryol
26 January 2004, 05:30 PM
Hey Tyrok, how are you doing XP? Do we get it at the end of every adventure, or do you just tell us when we level up?

Tyrok
27 January 2004, 04:44 AM
Well, this is just one adventure, not campaign.

Darklighter
29 January 2004, 04:15 AM
Maybe we can just keep going, and let them jump in when they're ready, Tyrok?

Korwin Blade
29 January 2004, 05:37 AM
Sorry about the delay of my post, but I have been sick since last weekend. I am hoping to post more often than I have of late.

coldskier0320
29 January 2004, 06:08 AM
Oops, hadnt checked in a while. Sorry. Made an IC post, I guess that counts as reporting in!

Darklighter
2 February 2004, 01:49 PM
Post up, guys!

Korwin Blade
3 February 2004, 06:01 AM
Hey All,

I can't believe the luck I had with that die roller I got from WotC. That thing is great. Check It out Here (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/20010427b) It's from the D&D site, but hey, it works.

I use it on the computer at home or when I am at work and don't have my dice with me.

Is it just me or is my character going psycho? B)

Darklighter
3 February 2004, 07:15 AM
Yeah, he's flippin'. :D

btw, guys, I'm not going to be able to post at all on Thursday. Just so you know.

Tyrok
3 February 2004, 07:39 AM
LOL!
Playing good cop, bad cop, huh?

Darklighter
3 February 2004, 08:04 AM
You know it! :D

Korwin Blade
3 February 2004, 08:06 AM
Who's says Konner playin. I believe he is going psycho.

Take that back or I'll gut ya................evil laughter can be heard all around ya.

Help Konner is trying to take ov......No use now I am here to stay....ha ha ha ha. ;)

coldskier0320
9 February 2004, 08:58 AM
**bump**

Uh, hello? ....What's going on?:?

Darklighter
9 February 2004, 09:23 AM
I'm curious too. Are we waiting for Gyp, Tyrok? Let's keep rolling without him. He'll drop in when he gets a chance, I'm sure of it. Milo's too cool a character to stay quiet for long. :D In the meantime, let's get the game back up to pace.

Tyrok
9 February 2004, 10:15 AM
Ok, I'll post tommorow or later today.

Darklighter
9 February 2004, 10:29 AM
Hey, that's great, Tyrok! :)

coldskier0320
9 February 2004, 10:31 AM
Shaweeeet!!!:D

Gyp Ryol
10 February 2004, 05:21 AM
Hey guys. Sorry for not posting, but Milo isn't in the room where you're interrogating the prisoners. He's off by himself somewhere in the ship. Go on with the interrogation. I'll probably jump in at the most inopportune moment. :D

Tyrok
10 February 2004, 07:45 AM
Ok!

coldskier0320
12 February 2004, 08:25 AM
Hey all, Dayn doesnt have much to do for the time being. So he's just gonna chill and let the others handle the sit. I wont post til theres a need for me to. Just a heads up! I'll e checking the thread every time theres a new post though, you can be sure!:D

Tyrok
12 February 2004, 09:37 AM
OK.
If you don't want your characters to do anything, just post here, like Cold did.

Tyrok
12 March 2004, 10:19 PM
Anybody who's still with me please post here(and in the IC thread if it is your turn:)).

Gyp Ryol
13 March 2004, 06:25 AM
Hey Tyrok! I'm still here! I don't think it's my turn to post...but I'll check anyways.

Darklighter
13 March 2004, 09:00 AM
I'm here. I think it's Korwin's turn.

coldskier0320
15 March 2004, 02:46 AM
I...think I'm here...

...Im pretty sure I am, anyway...

...yes, Im almost positive Im definitely here...

...wait...what if im not here...

...or what im im here and noone else is...

...well...i guess in any event, Im here.:P

coldskier0320
17 March 2004, 09:09 AM
OK, I vote we skip Korwin temporarily, as he's the only one who hasn't replied. Maybe he has RL issues. Who's with me? :raised:

Tyrok
17 March 2004, 11:36 AM
I'm going to Germany tommorow, and I'm back on monday.
Let's give him till than.

coldskier0320
18 March 2004, 03:24 AM
Okey dokey, sounds good. I just wanna make sure that this doesnt die. :)

Tyrok
22 March 2004, 01:40 AM
I'm back!
But Korwin isn't, obiously.
You guys can continue, and if he isn't back by the time the action starts we'll skip him.

coldskier0320
12 April 2004, 10:33 AM
Hey guys, what the heck is going on here?

Are we moving or not?

I mean, its fine if Tyrok cant keep it goign, I totally understand, my first online campaign totally flopped, but gimme some answers???

Darklighter
12 April 2004, 06:16 PM
Well, at this point, I say we just dump Pomar and Esm off outside a Corsec station or something, tied up, with Pomar's weapon and a note saying 'these are the docking authority guard's killers' or something like that. Ballistics will make the match with his weapon and the dead guard. Then we take off with Kharina to another planet, and Wen asks the Zabrak for a date. :D

And the adventures of the crew commence anew elsewhere, with a revised complement of characters - either on-screen, or off.

coldskier0320
13 April 2004, 03:00 AM
But...wait...where's my fat reward?! Did I waste all those shatter cartridges for nothing?! :P

Tyrok
13 April 2004, 07:02 AM
Hey all!
I'm still here. I kinda thought you gave up
IIRC you were discusing the plan in game..

Corran Horn
16 April 2004, 03:19 PM
I was woundering if i could join in if your cool with that.

Tyrok
16 April 2004, 09:42 PM
Sorry, but we are nearing the end of the adventure, and I don't think I could throw in another player.

coldskier0320
19 April 2004, 08:41 AM
Tyrok, I'm ready to go, just give us another GM post and I'll be right there ready to post!:D

Tyrok
19 April 2004, 09:46 AM
:raised: I was under the impression you were still going to do some planing.
Well, my bad.
I'll post tommorow. Got some school stuff to do today.

coldskier0320
19 April 2004, 10:10 AM
Actually, I think we need like a refresher post and then maybe we can do a little planning, but just get everyone back into the swing of things. As it is, I can barely remember where we were.:?

Gyp Ryol
20 April 2004, 07:36 AM
coldskier, I believe that what's-his-face and the other guy are dealing with the people in the place, while you and me are doing something else, yet vitally important. There you go, Tyrok. Just saving you from doing a little work whenever I can. :D

Korwin Blade
6 May 2004, 05:22 AM
Hey Everyone,

Sorry for my lack of posting here. RL got in the way and has settled down some. So I am back and I believe I can post 2 to 3 times a week, but probable not on the weekends.

And thanks to all for the game, aspecially Tyrok, I hope we can get this game going again.

And I will post in the IC thread today. B)

Gyp Ryol
6 May 2004, 12:27 PM
Good to have you back, Korwin. We've all been thrown for a loop what with the outages and all, but it's good to see the games getting started up again.

coldskier0320
17 May 2004, 05:14 AM
Hey all, just wanted to let y'all know that with school coming to a close and work starting, not to mention two weeks of vacation, my life's gonna be pretty hectic for a while, during which time I won't be as frequent on the boards. Please be patient and bear with me. No need to wait on me for posts in game. I should be back to checking at least every other day by the end of June. Thank ya!

~Cold

Tyrok
17 May 2004, 06:15 AM
No problem.
Does anbody know where Korwin and Darklighter are?

Gyp Ryol
25 May 2004, 06:07 AM
All the games I'm in seem to be slowing down. What's up here? I know cold's gone, but what about everyone else?

Tyrok
25 May 2004, 07:46 AM
Don't know. I'm still waiting on Dark and Korwin.

Darklighter
25 May 2004, 01:20 PM
Sorry guys. I've been get beaten up by RL lately and I let things slip with the game. Forgot I had a post to do. Post up.

Gyp Ryol
2 June 2004, 10:47 AM
Hey, well, it's been a week since the last post. What's up with everyone?

Tyrok
2 June 2004, 01:50 PM
I was waiting for Korwin. I'll give him 2 more days.

coldskier0320
3 June 2004, 05:27 PM
High-oh! Just droppin in to let you know I aint dead, but as far as you guys are concerned, I might as well be. Feel free to run Dayn for me, his recipe is simple, good ol' Verpine techiness, interspersed liberally with cynical comments, shoot when neccessary. ;)

Tyrok
4 June 2004, 09:47 PM
I can't say I blame you Cold. I think I'm going to cancel this adventure beacouse we lost two of our players and the adventure was at the end anyway.
Can't say, though, that I haven't enjoyed GMing for you until we became inconsistent beacouse of the consistent crashes of the site.
I hope you enjoyed the game too, and I hope too see you all some day in some other game.

Gyp Ryol
5 June 2004, 01:47 PM
Hey, same here Tyrok. For my first PbP game ever, I'd say this one was a good intro to the PbP system. One-shot adventure, fast response time from players and GM, dynamic and interesting characters, and a common enemy. Thanks to everyone for making this a memorable experience.