PDA

View Full Version : OOC: Plight of Korriban

Kanner Ra'an
11 November 2003, 11:56 AM
This is the OOC thread for Plight of Korriban. PoK is set one year before Hier to the Empire. The current players and their characters are.

Vega Secure'A
Kell "The Wanderer": Male Human Fringer
Ghost
Rem "The Ghost" Arador: Female Human Slicer
coldskier0320
Anel Shenarei: Human Female Mistryl
Ket'ril
Ket'ril "ket" Riveen : Male Arcainian Tech
Gyp Ryol
Rodick Von Zad “The Baron”: Male Iotran Braceman
Red 5_5
Myn Dolomar: Male Human Pilot.

And possibly Vash Knives.

Expect the IC thread very soon. Anyone else wishing to join please PM me with your character backround and stats.

The Ghost
11 November 2003, 01:21 PM
Ghost here, jacked in and ready to slice.

Gyp Ryol
11 November 2003, 04:51 PM
Gyp here, fully loaded and ready to blast everything in sight.

Ket'ril
11 November 2003, 07:29 PM
Ket here, ready to blow things and try to piece them back together.

red5_5
11 November 2003, 07:35 PM
red5_5, standing by.

coldskier0320
12 November 2003, 02:42 AM
Both of us are ready ;) .

Vash Knives
12 November 2003, 03:19 AM
Give me a week or two and Chris be ready to blow things sky-high!

Kanner Ra'an
12 November 2003, 12:36 PM
Ok this officially starts friday without any more setbacks (from me). Vash, you still have time to get your stats in, however please hurry.

Vash Knives
12 November 2003, 01:45 PM
I'll have my fun elsewhere without stats-I find them to limiting to my style-Major Christopher Damage will blow stuff up later and elsewhere-though in case I need them I will develope stats for him-taking my time and doing it right-have an NPC take his place and read Tom Clancy books-humour can be used without ruining the seriousness of the matter at hand-in fact humour can be used to lighten the mood a little in such a place as Korriban.

Kanner Ra'an
12 November 2003, 07:25 PM
read Tom Clancy books-humour can be used without ruining the seriousness of the matter at hand-in fact humour can be used to lighten the mood a little in such a place as Korriban.

*looks to bookshelf with 40+ tom clancy books.* i think i got that covered. Humour is great in a campain. However theirs many types of humour and whether intended or not, some blatent forms easily cheapen a game.

Anyways.... Once again, this game starts friday. Be ready.

Kanner Ra'an
19 November 2003, 11:33 AM
without any more setbacks

i jinxed it.

IC thread is going up right after this post. Unfortunatly i wont be able to respond tonight as i have to work.

Note: You guys all know each other (how well is up to you) as well as the other members of the crew and your captian.

Vash Knives
19 November 2003, 02:49 PM
ooops, wrong computer to hack...jk

Gyp Ryol
19 November 2003, 04:04 PM
Hey, did I miss something? All of a sudden I couldn't access any of SWRPG Network. Was it a widespread problem or is my computer being...slow again?

coldskier0320
19 November 2003, 04:18 PM
No, buddy, this was widespread panic, cataclysm, apocolypse, it went down...for everyone. ::shudders at the thought of no holonet:: But now its back, thank Xendor.

Ket'ril
19 November 2003, 09:31 PM
Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know, that if anyone was interested, Ket is more than happy to talk to people, as we have been together for a little while, anyone that asked about ket's past he would gladly tell it. So if anyone would like I'll PM them a rough background on the info that he would share with the crew, since i believe they are his rescuers of sorts anyway, he wouldn't hold much back from them.

Vega Secure'A
21 November 2003, 04:29 AM
Just to add to Kell's description of the scene, he has his hair slicked backwards. And is wearing appearal similar to the one portrayed by the Rodian Fringer in the Classes section of the Revised Star Wars Core Rulebook, except without the arm guards and shirt (just the vest, pants, and boots), looks a bit tattered and brownish in color with an all temprature cloak similar in color, tattered as well. The boots are dark gray. Kell also has a toned body with a few prominant scars on his back, chest, and left arm, reminders of his forgotten past.

Vega Secure'A
21 November 2003, 06:14 AM
A question on ranged attacks. Are you doing the thing where the max range is it; any target past that the bolt, projectile, etc will fall short and automatically fail/miss? Or will the PC incure a penalty to its attack if the target is past the max range?

Oh, does or did everyone read each other's backgrounds or was it just me? You don't have to reply if you don't want to, just wondering.

coldskier0320
21 November 2003, 07:39 AM
Uh, I didnt. Maybe I'll have to do that...:o

Kanner Ra'an
21 November 2003, 12:13 PM
A question on ranged attacks. Are you doing the thing where the max range is it; any target past that the bolt, projectile, etc will fall short and automatically fail/miss? Or will the PC incure a penalty to its attack if the target is past the max range?

Standard rules; The max range is basically it. Their are already penalties for range, so adding further seems kind of redundant.

The Ghost
21 November 2003, 12:28 PM
i didn't read anyone else's background, no.

are you saying you read all of ours?

Gyp Ryol
22 November 2003, 08:18 AM
I didn't read anyone's background except mine.

Vega Secure'A
22 November 2003, 10:39 AM
I did since each of our characters have been working with each other for a time. One of those times they might have shared their history or at least a ballpark view of it ;) If we just met then I wouldn't have read their backgrounds unless we got into a conversation bringing it up.

Thats how I roleplay anyway :rolleyes:

The Ghost
22 November 2003, 02:24 PM
i didn't, because Ghost doesn't want to be all sociable and crap. knowing things about people makes you care whether they live or die.

i don't know where you got my background, but go ahead and don't bother remembering it.

Kanner Ra'an
22 November 2003, 05:22 PM
I intentionally wanted the backrounds left. However, if you wish for parts of it to be known, post as much or as little as you wish to here.

Vega Secure'A
23 November 2003, 06:00 AM
Ok? I seem to have stumbled into alot of friction here 8o Ghost, forgot your background already. Who is this ghost, I don't know any ghost, do you ;) Kanner I seem to have amnesia! I forgot that I read all of the PCs' histories :raised: lol :D To everyone sorry about this :(

The Ghost
23 November 2003, 09:19 AM
it's no problem. just don't want things all not interesting and boring. knowing everything makes it such. then you don't have to work to find things out.

Kanner Ra'an
27 November 2003, 11:44 AM
Ok info you need to know.

Red 5_5, you can move 5 squares per round.

Gyp and Coldskier. Under your direct control you each have two fire linked turbolasers mounted on turrets as well as four point defense laser cannons turreted as well. Each are only partial turrets, and go front, right for Gyp, left for coldskier, and rear. Gyp, since you took main control you also have two tractor beams and the main heavy ion cannon at your disposle.

Gyp Ryol
27 November 2003, 02:35 PM
Pardon me as I wipe the drool off of my chin. :D

What arcs are the ion cannon and tractor beams mounted in?

Kanner Ra'an
27 November 2003, 02:40 PM
The heavy ion is fixed in a front arc. The tractor beams are front and rear.

Gyp Ryol
27 November 2003, 02:51 PM
Thanks much!

Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving to those of you who celebrate it!

Gyp Ryol
27 November 2003, 02:57 PM
Okay, new question. What's the layout of the command deck like? I own Starships of the Galaxy, so if the layout is like one of the cockpits mapped out in there, I would be able to refer to that.

Kanner Ra'an
27 November 2003, 03:34 PM
I am trying to design the layout, but i am having some problems with the program i use(otherwise id have a complete deckplan). Is their something specific you'd like to know.

Oh, and happy thanksgiving to you guys south of the border (thanks for the prior post reminding me. For me thankgiving was a while ago).

Gyp Ryol
27 November 2003, 06:36 PM
I'd like to know where the other weapons station is in relation to mine.

Kanner Ra'an
27 November 2003, 06:43 PM
OK. The second weapons station is about 4 meters to your left.

The Ghost
29 November 2003, 11:20 PM
+19 to my computer use checks. as i said previously.

just waiting on the finding out of what's where.

The Ghost
5 December 2003, 03:17 AM
filled with apathy at the mention of gravity wells in character.

ugh. maybe i'll post saturday.

Vega Secure'A
5 December 2003, 03:57 AM
Sorry I didn't post for a bit :( But I couldn't reach the site at all :raised: Was there something wrong again :? Maybe its just my computer :rolleyes:

Kanner Ra'an
5 December 2003, 11:22 AM
Maybe its just my computer

Nope, another problem with our beloved site unfortunatly. Moridin said it was a wierd tech error that he couldn't fix. Had to get technical support to do it.

Vega Secure'A
10 December 2003, 06:34 AM
I can't post because I still don't know if the shields are functional. Did Kell's jury-rig work? Are at least some of the shielding restored :?

The Ghost
10 December 2003, 07:35 AM
must... fight... back... anger...

metagaming... causing... me... to... talk... like... SHATNER

ok, no seriously. maybe we need to put the psuedo-physics of the NJO books down for a second and react like a real crew of a pirate ship.

i'm going to go out on a limb here & guess that everyone didn't put 18+ into Intelligence & ranks into Knowledge(Physics).

please, please, please, just for me. ok? ok.

i'm hoping it isn't a gravity well now, just so people won't jump to conclusions anymore.

Kanner Ra'an
10 December 2003, 11:30 AM
I can't post because I still don't know if the shields are functional. Did Kell's jury-rig work? Are at least some of the shielding restored

As one of the prevous posts stated, their was no problem with the shields, or any other system.

As well, ghost does have a point. Gravity well weapons are state of the art, high tech military weapons, and arn't common knowledge. Its no big deal so im just gonna let it past, but please, think like scum pirates :) .

coldskier0320
10 December 2003, 12:45 PM
Well, I admit we all kinda slipped into that, but i think the average spacefarer knows about planetary gravity wells and the automatic safety cut-outs in hyperdrives. I mean, its like airbags today, we know that when you wreck they pop out. We dont know how unless we've put "ranks" of real life into learning about it, we just know that it does, in fact, work. Now as far as us thinking its a weapon, yes, metagaming. But as far as knowing that the poodoo has hit the proverbial fan, i think we know that were in trouble and the basics of why thats the case (ie. hyperdrive cut out due to proximity to a planetary body).

Just my two cents.:?

Kanner Ra'an
10 December 2003, 04:49 PM
Well, I admit we all kinda slipped into that, but i think the average spacefarer knows about planetary gravity wells and the automatic safety cut-outs in hyperdrives. I mean, its like airbags today, we know that when you wreck they pop out. We dont know how unless we've put "ranks" of real life into learning about it, we just know that it does, in fact, work. Now as far as us thinking its a weapon, yes, metagaming. But as far as knowing that the poodoo has hit the proverbial fan, i think we know that were in trouble and the basics of why thats the case (ie. hyperdrive cut out due to proximity to a planetary body).

I can see where your coming from. But if tommorow your airbags suddenly went off, or something closer to a hyperdrive shorting out, say your engine caught fire, would you automatically assume its a weapon? (i know you noted that, just clearing up my perspective.)

Ket'ril
10 December 2003, 05:04 PM
Sorry guys. To be honest, I know nothing about NJO, and my character was just making stuff up. He is a younger charcter and just wanted to sound like he knew what he was talking about. Again I apologise and will try to not make stuff up that has relievence to other eras.

Vega Secure'A
11 December 2003, 04:53 AM
I can't post because I still don't know if the shields are functional. Did Kell's jury-rig work? Are at least some of the shielding restored

Hehe, sorry about that post, I forgot what I just read, the post saying that all the systems are a-ok :P Absent-minded I guess.

The Ghost
11 December 2003, 07:59 AM
hitting systems generally works.

trust me.

Vega Secure'A
12 December 2003, 05:37 AM
LOL :D

But in reality it doesn't work. As one of the characters in Jurassik Park: The Lost World said "Violence and technology, not good bedfellows!"

The Ghost
12 December 2003, 08:42 AM
JP is wrong. dinosaur violence & technology was the problem

a little abuse on your systems every now & then keeps them in line.

Vega Secure'A
15 December 2003, 08:29 AM
Not quiet. Jeff Goldbloom was hitting the cell phone to try and get some reception, Eddie then replies with, "Violence and technology, not good bedfellows!" ;)

The Ghost
15 December 2003, 12:17 PM
feh. i hit my cell phone all the time. but she deserves it.

Vega Secure'A
3 January 2004, 06:05 PM
Ok! I'm ready to post again! :D

coldskier0320
15 January 2004, 08:50 AM
*bump*

Made an IC post too, maybe that'll help.:?

Kanner Ra'an
15 January 2004, 11:21 AM
Thanks coldskier. Not sure why but postings seem to be coming pretty slow.

Kanner Ra'an
25 January 2004, 02:43 PM
Sorry for the disruption in the IC thread. Im waiting for posts from Ghost and Ket'ril. If i dont have them by tommorow night then im just going to move on.

The Ghost
25 January 2004, 03:19 PM
i made a post and i don't have anything else to do in combat.

Kanner Ra'an
27 January 2004, 07:53 AM
Sorry ghost, i promise that i a few posts everyone will be more then involved.heh heh heh.

Vega Secure'A
28 January 2004, 07:20 AM
Kanner? If a chracter wants to think they must make a Knowledge check right (just as Rodrick did), or is a knowledge check used for specific things? Can they just suggest something?

Kanner Ra'an
28 January 2004, 07:46 AM
Knowledge is used for specific things, in rodicks case, analizing the enemy tactics. If your character would like to suggest something, feel free too.

Gyp Ryol
28 January 2004, 02:10 PM
Me Rodick. Me smart. Me know advanced military tic-tacs. *bashes club on table.* :D

Vega Secure'A
6 February 2004, 05:54 AM
Um, Kanner, could Kell hear that speech of Anel's? Are there comsystem speakers around the entrance way for him to hear that?

The Ghost
6 February 2004, 07:56 AM
i'm curious as to what is going to happen. but glad the stubborn captain gave himself a heart attack.

i don't have much i can be able to say with confidence else about the situation.

keep me giving a +1 Defense bonus to the ship as long as we're under fire.

Kanner Ra'an
8 February 2004, 07:39 AM
Um, Kanner, could Kell hear that speech of Anel's? Are there comsystem speakers around the entrance way for him to hear that?

First I just have to clear one thing up. Did you mean Kell was going to the enterance to the bridge? In your post you said enterance to the ship. However remembering the size of the ship, that means the docking bay.

If you did just mean the bridge, then he could easily hear it. However if he is heading to the docking bay then Kell will be in no position whatsoever to hear.

Vega Secure'A
8 February 2004, 08:04 AM
Yes, I ment the docking bay, hehe. Sorry :D So I guess he didn't hear it and will have to wait until they meet up with him or contact him (maybe shouting down the corridor that he's in)

Vega Secure'A
11 February 2004, 06:05 AM
Weapon Update Kanner :)

:rolleyes: I changed the reload time from a move action to a full-round action (reflecting its primitive mechanics)

:rolleyes: I changed the disks held from six shots, 3 disks each, to two shots,3 disks each shot (also reflecting its primitive mechanics). Plus the disks are made of stone or metal ingots sharped into disks, so thats heavy enough, 1 kg for 10 disks.

I believe the updated version balances out now, powerful but slow and unwieldy to use, you know primitive :P Don't you agree :D

Weapon: Massassi Lanvarok (polearm)
Cost: 275
Damage: 3d4+Str (polearm, 2d8+Str)
Critical: 20 (polearm, 19-20)
Range Increment: 5m (polearm, -)
Weight: 9.8 (polearm, same); fully equipped w/ 6 disks 11.8 kg
Stun Damage/Fort DC: -
Type: Blugeon (polearm, slashing)
Size: Large (polearm, same)
Group: Primitive (polearm, same)
Special: Because of the way the disks fan out upon being launched, the lanvarok gains a +1 equipment bonus on attacks made at 10 meters or less. Kell had his lanvarok customized to hold six disks, instead of three. He can fire the weapon two times before reloading. Reloading at full capacitiy takes a full-round action, if reloading just enough for one shot then its a move action. Because of the extra disks held, Kell can use a full-round action to release all disks, affecting up to four targets standing adjacent to one another. When preforming this attack he give up his regular attacks and instead make one ranged attack at his highest BAB (all appropriate modifiers apply).

Gyp Ryol
26 February 2004, 08:48 AM
Well, that was amusing. I post three minutes after cold does, and then I have to change my post. I need to learn how to type faster.

coldskier0320
26 February 2004, 09:02 AM
Lol, I just happened to look back at the thread and i was like, "What the...". Hope I didnt mess you up too badly! Btw, do you have a pic of Rodick? I think it'd look awesome. Maybe we could request a group pic over at SWAG?! (lol, "From Left: Rodick, Kell, Ghost, Ket, Shirrahl, Anel):D

Happy Hunting,

coldskier0320

Vega Secure'A
26 February 2004, 09:32 AM
That would be great coldskier0320! B)

Before I post my character's reaction, about the rest of the crew. There are other NPCs that make up Rodick's crew right or is it just us?

Opps nevermind, we do have other NPCs on board, hehe. Had to modifiy my IC post alot of times :P

coldskier0320
26 February 2004, 10:27 AM
Do you mean Galak's crew???:? :raised:

I think its time for another edit.:)

Vega Secure'A
26 February 2004, 11:45 AM
No, no it was the captain's, Bosg's, crew until he died not to long ago. So command and the ship go to the second in command, namely ... Galak 8o Opps my fault :D :P Time for another edit :rolleyes:

Kanner Ra'an
26 February 2004, 12:52 PM
Ah, whatever. What use does a pirate ship have for a chain of command anyway. :P

Gyp Ryol
26 February 2004, 03:36 PM
Man do I ever wish I had a picture! That would be sweet! :D

Vega Secure'A
5 March 2004, 06:04 AM
*whistling* Um, where is everyone :?

Anyway, can't wait to command my own capital ship again, and actually keep it :daala:

Kanner Ra'an
5 March 2004, 06:51 AM
If you guys are ready to go then continue at your will. Ghost or Ket can automatically open the door if you wish to proceed.

Vega Secure'A
5 March 2004, 06:59 AM
Are you waiting for Ghost and Ket to reply?

coldskier0320
5 March 2004, 07:07 AM
I'm rarin to go, ready at any time! :D

Vega Secure'A
5 March 2004, 07:22 AM
I would post :D but I'm the last one who posted :) I don't want to post twice, one right after the other :rolleyes: It would look like I'm hogging the thread ;)

The Ghost
5 March 2004, 07:45 AM
i'm really not in a position to say or do much. cracking doors is a little simplified and i can't exactly write lines and lines about it.

coldskier0320
5 March 2004, 08:06 AM
I think were ready for a new post my Kanner that will get everything moving along into battle :).

Kanner Ra'an
5 March 2004, 07:24 PM
Ok then, ill get up a post for you guys tommorow.

i'm really not in a position to say or do much. cracking doors is a little simplified and i can't exactly write lines and lines about it.

A little effort, please. Dont just talk about opening the doors. Have ghost ontribute a little to the planning, and/or offer some opinions on whats being suggested, and/or give me an idea about what Ghost is doing. Is she just standing their, unarmed, as a statue doing nothing. Or is she moving behind the others, staying behind cover and keeping an eye out for a rear assault or something like that. Maybe quite the opposite, maybe ghost feels out of place in this kind of combat setting. Give me an idea of what your characters doing and feeling.

Vega Secure'A
5 March 2004, 08:46 PM
Actually, I'm waiting for Anel's reply :) If she doesn't post by the time I check this thread again, then I'll post ;) The show must go on :D
I guess nevermind my comment on posting one after the other by the same person thing :rolleyes:

Kanner Ra'an
7 March 2004, 05:17 PM
Dammit. I will never say i will post tommorow again. It seems the holonet shuts down purposely just to make me mad.

Ok, rant off. The post is up. If your character really wanted to add anything else to the conversation, which im getting the impression they didn't, just sneak it in as Ghost or Ket were opening the doors.

Everybody please give me an idea where your character is. I will hopefully have a good map for you tomor...... i mean ASAP. The transfer corridor is ten meters high, twenty accross, and very long. Their are eight lines in all, and each one is going opposite to the ones beside it.

Kanner Ra'an
10 March 2004, 01:00 PM
Ok, i guess tommor.... was enough :rolleyes:.

Gyp Ryol
10 March 2004, 02:08 PM
Let me just get this straightened out: We're in a corridor that has the repulsor lines that transfer cargo from the docking bay to the cargo hold? Is that right?

Vega Secure'A
10 March 2004, 04:57 PM
Well right now, I'm going to post where Kell is going so ...

Kanner Ra'an
10 March 2004, 05:57 PM
Let me just get this straightened out: We're in a corridor that has the repulsor lines that transfer cargo from the docking bay to the cargo hold? Is that right?

Correct. Their are also walkways on either side of the lines.

Kanner Ra'an
10 March 2004, 06:09 PM
Mispost, sorry.

Gyp Ryol
23 March 2004, 07:03 AM
Hey, I don't want to take over the thread with Rodick's actions. If you guys want to contribute or chime in or breathe or do something...just post! I like this game and I wanna keep it moving.

Kanner Ra'an
27 March 2004, 04:36 PM
Ok i know things have been slow with the outages lately, but im getting a little impaitient waiting for posts. Id like to get a role call and see who's still playing and/or around the Holonet.

The Ghost
28 March 2004, 08:50 AM
sorry, i'm still around. it's been busy lately.

Gyp Ryol
30 March 2004, 09:36 AM
I'm around, but don't count on me to post often. I'm on vacation currently and my HoloNet access is limited by my location. Sorry. Next Monday I'll be back full time!

coldskier0320
30 March 2004, 11:15 AM
Still here, though my life has taken a few interesting turns, not sure how much posting ill be able to do in the coming months, but I can def keep up for now, though the outtages seem to coincide with my peak online time...:(

Vega Secure'A
2 April 2004, 05:42 AM
Sorry for not posting for a long time :( I couldn't get onto the site :mad:

I'll post as soon as I can ;)

coldskier0320
17 May 2004, 05:10 AM
Hey all, just wanted to let you know that with school ending and work starting, my life's gonna be pretty hectic for the next few weeks, during which time I won't be as frequent on the boards. Please be patient and bear with me. No need to wait on me for posts. I should be back to checking at least every other day by the end of June.

Kanner Ra'an
17 May 2004, 04:49 PM
Thanks for the heads up.

Gyp Ryol
25 May 2004, 06:04 AM
I don't think it's just cold that may not be posting. I don't mean to sound pushy, but where is everybody?

Kanner Ra'an
25 May 2004, 01:00 PM
The million dollar question. I was hoping it was due to the outages but that was a while ago. Thankfully the thread isn't going anywhere so we can pick this up again.

Ket'ril
8 June 2004, 11:30 PM
Hello everyone.
Fistly I would like to apologise for any problems i may have cause by my sudden disapearence. I realise it was rude, but i have been having a lot of troubles with one thing and another. Almost all of these have been sorted, and because of that I now am able to access the internet again. Next I would like to say yes, this does appear as a flimsy excuse, but it's pretty personal and I'd rather keep it that way. In regards to this rpg, I would like to continue, but in saying so Icannot promise that it wont happen again, so I thank you all for the oppotunity of playing for the time i did, and I found it most enjoyable, but to be fair i have to pull out offically. Again I'm sorry if i caused any problems and i do look forward to seeing what happens to you all in future events.

Kanner Ra'an
12 June 2004, 11:58 AM
Dont worry about it Ket'ril. Your welcome back anytime you wish.

Gyp Ryol
15 June 2004, 05:20 AM
Well, happy anniversary everyone! Granted, it's not a real anniversary, but when you go a month without posting in the IC thread, you have to celebrate somehow.

coldskier0320
8 July 2004, 07:16 AM
Well, I for one, am back. At least intermittently, I can keep the game moving a little faster than it has been of late...:P