PDA

View Full Version : Major Events in the Clone Wars

Jedi Master Talon
21 November 2003, 05:33 AM
Does anyone have a website or information about the major events in the Clone Wars Because I'm going to be running a game taking place in the Clone Wars? Thanks for your help.

BrianDavion
21 November 2003, 06:49 AM
http://www.starwarz.com/clonewarseu/

try there

Jedi Master Talon
21 November 2003, 06:53 AM
Thanks Brian.

mojo1701
21 November 2003, 01:01 PM
If you get your hands on a copy of Clone Wars for either GC, PS2, or X-Box. That has a wealth of info.

Zanus
21 November 2003, 05:25 PM
The clone wars cartoon has shown some important events as well. The Quarren on Mon calimari attacking the calamari, the battle of muunilist, acouple others I think where mentioned as well. Granted the cartoon makes it seem it all happens in a short time, but that is a side effect of the three minute time frame, I can see the battles taking far longer. And It might be good to make Kit Fisto's battle longer and his feats not quite as DBZ-esk

BrianDavion
21 November 2003, 06:51 PM
the comcis amde it apparent at least some mon cals have sided with the seperitstss. of course like all civil wars I doubt the lines split cleanly

Zanus
21 November 2003, 08:24 PM
uhm...I didn't see anything that showed that. They showed Mon Cals looking worried right after showing the Quarrens building their forces and moving on the mon cals, and they had mon calls joining the clone army in defense of their world. Coarse, with a three minute cartoon, it isn't always easy to properly distinguish some things properly

Reverend Strone
21 November 2003, 11:00 PM
I think he was talking about the comic books Z, not the show.

Zanus
21 November 2003, 11:13 PM
theres a comic book about the clone wars now too? geez, between the books, graphic novels, games and cartoon, they won't leave much to the imagination.

BrianDavion
21 November 2003, 11:40 PM
t5he comics predate th e ahow by a good margin, and the clone ars is being treated as a big multimedia event. it's going to put shadows of the empire to shame!

Zanus
22 November 2003, 11:35 AM
heh, it didn't even occur to me that that is what is going on. I am glad to see they are trying to do this sorta thing again. I wonder if they are gonna have a soundtrack to the clone wars that isn't tied to any specific material. That would be funny and pointless

BrianDavion
22 November 2003, 11:57 AM
no w now, the sound track was used for the video game.

shadows of the empire was a bit.. diffrent though
they where testing their marking ability. could they in essence market a movie.. without a movie. :)

Jedi Master Talon
26 November 2003, 07:00 AM
I have another question does anyone have a map for the time period of the Clone Wars as in where the boundries are for the Republic and the Seperatists? Thanks that would be alot of help.

Darth Fierce
26 November 2003, 08:50 AM
I don't know if such a map exists, but I'd be willing to wager that many of the Separatist Worlds are made up of Mid-Rim and Outer Rim worlds. Then again, a few of the Core Worlds have shown sympathy to the Separatists every now and then (Brentaal comes specifically to mind). Hope that helps.

Darth Fierce :vader:

Zanus
26 November 2003, 12:55 PM
I almost get the feeling there is no one specific area of space held by the seperatists. kinda like whatever world each member had was dragged in and Dooku would go throughout the galaxy looking for more, while the existing members fought to keep their holdings and expand, possibly to link boarders for mutual support, or just to take what they have always wanted, or a combination there of.

Heck, up till the clone wars cartoon, I kept hearing how calamari was a recently discovered world at the time of the rebellion, and, low and behold, they took part in the clone wars. Although I could see how they may have been discovered just before the war broke out or because of the war. My point is they where not really discovered by the empire after it had become the empire like had previously been suggested.

Faraer
27 November 2003, 02:35 PM
Right. There are sectors and blocks of sectors joined with the CIS, rather than huge contiguous swathes of space. And most sectors of the SW galaxy we don't know about at all, and those we do are left to individual EU stories rather than pre-aligned for the sake of mapmaking.

The idea of Mon Calamari being newly discovered was abandoned as early as 1999 (in Jedi Apprentice one of Obi-Wan Kenobi's friends is a MC called Bant). Lucas Licensing clings to old-EU ideas for as long as possible, such as Mon Calamari and Quarren coming from the same planet -- Episode III's to have a Mon Calamari senator, but in this case there's an EU fix already in place.

Darth Fierce
27 November 2003, 02:47 PM
I agree that there's probably no set borders for the Separatist Worlds are comprised of. After all, doesn't Count Dooku say something like ten thousand more worlds are ready to join the efforts of the Separatists in AOTC? I have a hard time believing that all those worlds would be set in a specific area of the galaxy (although I stand by my theory that many of the Separatist Worlds, at least from what I've seen, are in the Mid-Rim to Outer Rim Territories). Keep in mind, that Count Dooku is meant to be smart, and he probably knows that the most dangerous military forces seem to be the ones that hit you from more than one front.

Darth Fierce :vader:

Jedi Master Talon
5 December 2003, 06:52 AM
Thanks one other question how long after the Clone Wars did the Jedi Purges start. Thanks again for your help, this is for my up coming game.

Faraer
5 December 2003, 07:16 AM
According to The Essential Chronology, after (probably very soon after) the Clone Wars and before Palpatine declares himself Emperor. The sources mostly hedge the question the same way they did the Clone Wars before 2002, and it all depends on Episode III; the 'Jedi Purge' is EU and may not even take place as such (as far as those of us who haven't read accurate spoilers know).

mojo1701
5 December 2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Faraer

the 'Jedi Purge' is EU and may not even take place as such (as far as those of us who haven't read accurate spoilers know).

Well, something like it must happen, since there are so few Jedi, and those who do exist are in hiding, like Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Dark72Jedi
6 December 2003, 05:32 PM
I think if you look at the galaxy maps and check out the comics, cartoons, and other EU it seems that the Seperatists are grabbing planets (mostly anyways) that lie on trade route crossroads...which makes a whole bunch of sense.

BrianDavion
6 December 2003, 07:11 PM
I think a lot of people haven't realized the true deviousness of the clone wars.. the clone wars WHERE the jedi purge

Jake Sunspot
6 December 2003, 07:54 PM
Weather they were the purge or just the begining of it the Clone Wars certainly allowed Palpatine to tighten his grip on the republic and turn it into the Empire. The whole thing was orchestrated for that purpose.

The Jedi were the only real threat to Palpatine's bid for power and the old enemy of the Sith so they were of course targeted.

Jedi Master Talon
9 December 2003, 05:26 AM
So your saying a year or so after the Clone Wars the Purges started. Because I'm trying to have the Purges at the end of my game.

Reverend Strone
9 December 2003, 12:45 PM
I think it's very open to interpretation at this stage Talon. We won't know for certain until closer to Ep III debuts. If I were you, I'd adopt whichever theory best fits your campaign and accept that Ep III may contradict it when it's out. You have a year and a half to enjoy your campaign before that happens anyways.

Jedi Master Talon
10 December 2003, 09:59 AM
Thanks for your input Rev. Stone, I was just thinking that their was a set time already. So thanks for clarifying.

Errin Orwain
19 December 2003, 07:10 PM
IMO the clone wars would take a toll on the ranks of the jedi. after all we saw how a large number of blaster bolts and heavy weapons can take out even seasoned jedi knights and masters like on genosis.

Tony J Case, Super Genius
26 December 2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Talon
So your saying a year or so after the Clone Wars the Purges started. Because I'm trying to have the Purges at the end of my game.

You know, the more I think about it, I dont think there was a Jedi purge. Well - not in the "Well, I've gotten all the Stormtroopers and Star Destroyers into place. Vader - go knock on the Jedi Temple door and clean house, will you?" kind of way.

I think that the purge has been going on since the crisis on Naboo. In the last 10 years, the number of Jedi has taken a serious hit. The universe is becoming a dangerous place, and the Jedi just find themselves getting picked off here and there.

Now with the Clone Wars, Jedi are dropping like crazy. Bad military intelligence, units sent in against overwhelming odds, the natural course of war - these things have all been taking their toll on the order. By the time the clone wars end, there will be very few Jedi left - from thousands to hundreds, if that many.

From there, it'll be a simple matter for Vader to mop up the remainder of the order. Devious, when you think about it.

Durian Keldrona
27 December 2003, 08:37 PM
I think the Jedi Purges did happen. But the intent of the Clone Wars was many fold.

[list=1]
Reduce the number of Jedi
So distrust in the populace of the Jedi
Consolidate Control of the Government (Emergency Powers) we have 3 Instances of this I am aware of.
Give Plausible reason for creating a major military force (Thus allowing Palpatine to enforce his will)
[/list=1]

This allows the purges to happen as Palpatine lays the blame for the Clone Wars squarely on the Jedi. They did after all "Create the Clone Army" or at least records say they did. Let alone the didn't actually do this they will be blamed. Therefore most people turn there backs on the Jedi. Once this happens Palpatine can easily say we are going to arrest them for "Crimes against the Republic"

Nova Spice
28 December 2003, 07:39 PM
I have another question does anyone have a map for the time period of the Clone Wars as in where the boundries are for the Republic and the Seperatists? Thanks that would be alot of help.

That's just it. As has been explained, there is no defined border between Republic and Separatist space. This makes perfect sense, IMO.

The Clone Wars are a swath of mass confusion and chaos, meaning the boundaries between Republic and Separatist space probably entail hundreds, perhaps thousands, of fronts. It's very likely that Separatist strongholds lie entrenched in Republic space and vice-versa. Brentaal for instance, lies along the Perlemian Trade Route and is a Separatist world. However, Chandrila and Esseles are its very close neighbors, and neither world has seceded from the Republic.

I imagine the above scenario applies across the board--or rather, across the galaxy. ;)

Durian Keldrona
29 December 2003, 12:01 AM
and much like the civil war its a very bitter war with brother fighting brother...