PDA

View Full Version : Stasis field on Geonosis

Corpus Juris
7 December 2003, 07:09 AM
Greetings Gentlebeings,

Does anyone have any stats or info on the blue statis field that Obi-wan is held captive in on Geonosis?

I assume that it is somehow designed to keep his Force powers in check, otherwise he probably would have managed to escape the Geonosnian guards.

Cheers
Peter

Faraer
7 December 2003, 08:08 AM
It's described in David West Reynolds's article "Inside Attack of the Clones: Geonosian prison" (Star Wars Insider #64). The device is a Geonosian containment field designed to render dangerous prisoners helpless. Repulsor fields suspend and immobilize the prisoner, and electrical interference impairs the ability to concentrate.

Darth_Cassed
10 December 2003, 03:26 AM
So basically it's a Force cage, found in such D6 books as the Dark Empire Sourcebook. Holds the user in the center with repulsors and doesn't allow them to activate their Force Powers. These were used very much during the Clone Wars, along with the Dungeon Ships.

Corpus Juris
10 December 2003, 07:41 AM
Thanks for the help.

I kinda like Faraer's description. I'm defininately going to look this up when I get home from the States (it's funny how one's devious GM-mind never ceases to work, even if you're across the Atlantic and won't be playing for at least another 6 months).

Anyhoo, I've never really liked the Force Gages (maybe it's an alergic reaction to the whole Dark Empire mess). However, the idea of a stasis field where an electric interferrence makes it impossible to concentrate is pretty kewl. Not only does it render a Jedi helpless it is also a powerful torture devide -- imagine being locked up and completely unable to gather your thoughts, especially in a long-term imprisonment... I'd imagine it will also have adverse effects on sleeping.

The thing is, one of my Jedi pcs is currently held by Emperor Palpatine on Byss (Rebellion Era), so I was trying to come up with nasty ideas of what the people there might be doing to him.

Peter

Darth_Cassed
10 December 2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Corpus Juris

Anyhoo, I've never really liked the Force Gages (maybe it's an alergic reaction to the whole Dark Empire mess). However, the idea of a stasis field where an electric interferrence makes it impossible to concentrate is pretty kewl. Not only does it render a Jedi helpless it is also a powerful torture devide -- imagine being locked up and completely unable to gather your thoughts, especially in a long-term imprisonment... I'd imagine it will also have adverse effects on sleeping.
Peter

Hehe Corpus Juris, that is a Force Cage. That's what a Force Cage does. It's the same thing :P At least in my opinion...

Darth Fierce
11 December 2003, 04:03 AM
I'd say the stasis field is a little bit like Column A (Faraer's description) and Column B (Darth_Cassed's description). The stasis field could be used on virtually any dangerous prisoner (not just Jedi). Case in point, read Star Wars Jedi: Aay'la Secura. At the end of the comic, something very similar to the stasis field on Geonosis is also featured on the Republic prison planet of Oovo IV. A villian who is not a Jedi, but has been limitedly trained in Force traditions faces spending a long time in one of these said devices. I take it that the same sort of devices might be used to restrain incredibly strong prisoners who could tear conventional jail cells apart, as well.

Darth Fierce :vader:

Paul Klein
18 December 2003, 05:02 AM
In game terms, would a Jedi not be able to use the Force at all? Is the mental static field that harsh? Or should it just increase the difficulties of using the Force?

wolverine
18 December 2003, 08:16 AM
I would say it knocks off dice, not just increase the diff (in a D6 sense), or for D20 mabe add 10 or even 15 to teh DC...