PDA

View Full Version : Just something to talk about

Fred Getce
12 December 2003, 08:17 PM
I know that there are fans who believe Lucas will throw us a curve ball in EP3. I do not believe this but if he does I have a theory of what it could be.

What if Palpatine has a twin brother? Wouldn't that be a curve ball. His brother is Lord Tyranus, the secret Sith lord. What do you think? Plus it would be keeping in with the serials that Lucas is making this movies as a tribute to.

dgswensen
12 December 2003, 09:52 PM
It's certainly possible, but I don't think so.

Although I wish Tyranus had gotten more character development. From the sounds of it his part in III is fairly small, though that's just rumor.

Darth Fierce
13 December 2003, 07:36 AM
Unless Palpatine and Tyrannus are fraternal twins, I don't think this issue will come up. Keep in mind that Palpatine and Count Dooku just don't look very much alike.

Darth Fierce :vader:

Rogue Janson
13 December 2003, 09:55 AM
It'd be altogether too complicated. Remember Dooku used to be a good Jedi, so presumably he can't have known about his twin - and the same probably applies to Palpie, since otherwise Dooku would probably have been first choice as apprentice. So epIII would have to not only reveal the fact, but explain why they never knew, how they found out, etc..

Talonne Hauk
13 December 2003, 11:46 AM
Fred, do you mean Palpatine and Darth Sidious?

Fred Getce
13 December 2003, 10:59 PM
I meant Darth Sidious. Don't know why I typed Tyranus. Guess it was late or something since I can't remember.

Either way if Palpatine and Darth Sidious were actually twin brothers but did not know about each other or something (or Darth Sidious may know). While I doubt such a thing it was an interesting idea.

DarkSoldier
14 December 2003, 10:41 AM
I'm pretty sure Palpatine and Sidious are the same person; the one line that pretty much sums it up is "I will make it legal."

Plus, I believe Rick McCallum said, "Yes, they are the same person."

Darth Fierce
14 December 2003, 11:35 AM
Also, remember the line Dooku said about the Dark Lord of the Sith being in control of the Republic. I think that pretty much wraps up the idea that Sidious and Palpatine are one and the same. I know, some people might say that Sidious could be a twin with mind powers over Palpatine, but I think this is quite a stretch.

Darth Fierce :vader:

Errin Orwain
23 December 2003, 06:30 AM
yeah, and unless Palpatine learned the ways of the Sith well enough to kill off his twin we would have Emperor Sideous, not Palpatine in Ep V and VI.

cheshire
23 December 2003, 07:29 AM
I think that the curve ball will be that Tyrannus is actually Luke's sister.

farr0095
23 December 2003, 07:34 AM
Aw man! And I was going with Tyrannus as Luke's father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.

Errin Orwain
5 January 2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by farr0095
Aw man! And I was going with Tyrannus as Luke's father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.

No Shannon, that would be Al Gore and Tommy Lee Jones:D

KenobiJim
5 January 2004, 07:22 PM
Actually Ep III will be a Star Trek vehicle...

--just kidding, please put down that blaster...--

Palpatine is Anakin's father! Gets rid of that pesky Born of the Force junk and makes it more anime! Palp gets Shmi drunk, a night of woo hoo then he erases her memory and sells her off to Gardula the Hutt. Convenient...

Zam Sammich
5 February 2004, 09:09 PM
The curve ball I'm hoping for is that Padme has been using Anakin all along - she's just been playing with him. Using him to help her rescue Obi-Wan, etc - that's the only rationale I could figure out to justify her behavior in Episode II (well, there's the other explanation which is that she's incredibly stupid and had bad writers).

I mean, think about it. Anakin says, "I killed all the Tusken Raiders! All their little kids and puppy dogs and moms!"
Padme kind of says, "Oh, it's all right, honey. Let me give you a hug."
Now, my theory (ah-hem, which is this): When Anakin says this, Padme realizes she's hanging around with a guy who's absolutely certifiable. He's really powerful, though, and thinks she's the best thing since sliced bread. It's pretty easy for her to manipulate him if she decides to do so.

And then... if he realizes that she's not even interested in him, that she's just been using him...
well, that's as good a reason as any to go dark side. Jealousy and rage and all that.