PDA

View Full Version : Who`s the Grand Admiral on the 1st Death Star?

Ronin
14 December 2003, 05:57 PM
I watched ANH again a few days ago and noticed a GA in the conference room on the 1st DS. He`s sat at the table in the scene where Vader force-chokes the cocky fleet officer. Infact he`s sat just one place (anti-clockwise) from that respiratory-challenged officer.

Anyone know who he is?
Maybe it says in the novel...

Armadious
14 December 2003, 06:31 PM
If I remember right that is actualy a colonel in the ISB-Wulf Yularen-or something like that. I do not remember the explination for the white uniform.

Darth_Cassed
14 December 2003, 07:26 PM
According to Deck, there is no Grand Admiral.

Wullf Yularen- Colonel
Khurgee- Captain
Bast- Chief
Praji- Commander

Perhaps the Chief is what you saw. I am not sure myself :P

Ronin
14 December 2003, 07:29 PM
Ah, cheers.
Where`d you get the names anyway? Is it from the novelisation?

Tinsel
14 December 2003, 10:05 PM
i thought that the white uniform was standard for ISB?

Armadious
14 December 2003, 10:22 PM
Now I remember why I knew that - I did that stat for him...

Oh well. As for where I got the name and some of the information (like his status in the ISB ) that was from the card game - not wizzards but the other one.

BRodgers
16 December 2003, 12:06 PM
According to one of the Star Wars Insiders, it was NOT a Grand Admiral...apparently the uniform is an extreme silver/gray rather than white.

Timothy Zhan was reported as saying, should they ever put ANH out on DVD he would be interested in seeing them digitally doctor the uniform (such as adding gold epaulettes) to make the man a Grand Admiral.

Of course I wouldn't hold my breath for that.

Hope this helps.

:)

gordoss_Vaa
3 April 2004, 07:32 AM
yeah i'm pretty sure there was no grand admiral

Nova Spice
3 April 2004, 08:31 AM
The first Death Star didn't have a Grand Admiral aboard to my knowledge. However, I'm fairly confident that the second Death Star had one, maybe even two of Palpatine's elite military leaders.

However, just because the original Death Star didn't have a Grand Admiral aboard, that doesn't detract from the fact that the station brought down Grand Moff Tarkin, which as shown, was a massive blow dealt to the Empire.

Ronin
3 April 2004, 08:51 AM
IIRC most of the GAs (12?) bought the farm when the DS2 went up...

Nova Spice
4 April 2004, 03:22 PM
IIRC most of the GAs (12?) bought the farm when the DS2 went up...

A fairly recent issue of Star Wars Insider claims that most of the Grand Admirals died after the Battle of Endor. Apparently, the New Republic's two main goals after Endor were 1.) Liberate Coruscant 2.) Eliminate the upper echelons of the Imperial hierarachy (aka Grand Admirals).

From what I remember reading, at least eight of the Grand Admirals died post-Endor and one, Grand Admiral Grant, joined the New Republic and retired. Naturally, when Thrawn appeared out of the Unknown Regions, it clearly baffled the New Republic leadership, as evidenced by Leia's quip in Heir to the Empire:

"A Grand Admiral? I thought they had all been accounted for?"
-Leia Organa, in reference to Thrawn

Ronin
4 April 2004, 06:13 PM
Yeah, I can confirm GA Grant joined the NR, I remember that clearly. :)

I thought up a little mini-adventure, pre-Thrawn trilogy, where Thrawn sent Noghri teams ahead of his return to assassinate the retired Grant...I'll post more in the GM's thread...