PDA

View Full Version : Click on this funny link, you guys.

hisham
24 December 2003, 05:31 PM
Merry Christmas on behalf of the entire OJ team all the good people of the Holonet. We hope you enjoy your holidays (and this link) as much as Hisham enjoys food. (http://starwars-rpg.net/journal/v2i4/index.php)

farr0095
24 December 2003, 06:48 PM
Great stuff! I'm so happy to see that!

But, in a slightly less happy note, I'm getting these errors, just a little FYI:

Warning: main(Journal-2-footer.php) [function.main]: failed to create stream: No such file or directory in /hsphere/local/home/starwars/starwars-rpg.net/journal/v2i4/index.php on line 108

hisham
24 December 2003, 07:05 PM
That should resolve itself when Evan change the "current" setting to the new v2i4 folder (along with the new featured site). We hope you bear with us for a moment. :)

Ravager_of_worlds
24 December 2003, 07:06 PM
quite possibly the best christmas present under my tree. :) thanks for the holiday cheer- it made my christmas perfect.

and to boot, i'm one of the first (you beat me Farr0095) to congratulate the OJ on another fine work- and art by Jim Corroney... amazing.

Nova Spice
24 December 2003, 08:16 PM
Oh.....wow.....this is awesome. Santa's going to have to pull something real big to top this.

What a fantastic piece of work! Hish, thanks big time buddy! Merry Christmas right back at you guys! Nice work OJ Team! 8o

Ardent
24 December 2003, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Nova Spice Oh.....wow.....this is awesome. Santa's going to have to pull something real big to top this.

What a fantastic piece of work! Hish, thanks big time buddy! Merry Christmas right back at you guys! Nice work OJ Team! 8o

Don't you mean Happy Festivus? ;)

AxiustheDark
24 December 2003, 11:03 PM
Hello to everyone on the Holonet.

Its great to bring you all another issue of the Online Journal. This issue is HUGE, delivering all the evil you can handle in our Dark Side special. From Interrogation & Torture to a twisted Prestige class, a new Urgkle, GalaxyBook Field Guide and much more, the staff hopes everyone finds something for their campaign.

So, check out the web version for easy access and download the PDF to print and have with your sourcebooks! Click here (http://starwars-rpg.net/journal/) to check out the Online Journal main page, where you can not only check out our newest issue but also our numerous WebFeatures!

A special thanks goes to all of the people who worked on this issue, the Online Journal staff, all of the Contributing Authors, and our generous hosts! Happy Holidays to all!

Derek, Online Journal Guy

Nova Spice
26 December 2003, 08:35 PM
Don't you mean Happy Festivus?

I stand corrected. :D

Jim Williams
27 December 2003, 05:03 AM
This was great stuff. The interrogation rules were very well-refined and I liked Ardent's new planet/society. Good PrCs!

Donovan Morningfire
28 December 2003, 05:37 AM
Now that's one heck of a Christmas gift!

Wonderful to see that our patience has paid off in dividends.

The Alchemy section was really neat, and probably my favorite section out of the whole issue. I'd been thinking of something along those lines for a while, but not really sure where to start. And it seems much of what I was pondering has already been covered.

And it was quite nice to see the last third of Cadences, as well as the stats on all the named characters. I certainly hope people did enjoy reading it, and I'm looking forward to seeing what other fan-fics are submitted/accepted for the next issue.

Keep the awesome work guys!

Rogue Janson
28 December 2003, 10:05 AM
I always suspected the OJ team were dabbling in the Dark Side, they've been looking aged and withered for a while...

I agree with Donovan, the article on alchemy was great. Not that I've actually read it all the way through yet - so many neat things - but when my players encounter any Sith (as they surely will) I'm not going to be able to resist using something from there. Plus it contains the phrase "the pets of the Sith" which just makes the whole thing even better.

Having said that, there is the lingering temptation to use Ardent's own prestige class against him.

originally posted by Jim Williams
This was great stuff. The interrogation rules were very well-refined and I liked Ardent's new planet/society.
Thanks for the compliment, Jim. I'd almost forgotten I'd submitted that. I'm sure like everyone else it's wonderful to see my article published with amazing artwork and all. (The only problem is thinking of how it coudl have been better - so many tables ....)

So when's the next issue due? :P

Ardent
28 December 2003, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Rogue Janson
I always suspected the OJ team were dabbling in the Dark Side, they've been looking aged and withered for a while...

I thought we'd been pretty open about our dalliances with the Dark Side...

Having said that, there is the lingering temptation to use Ardent's own prestige class against him.

D'oh!

So when's the next issue due? :P

Sometime next year is appropriately vague an answer.

Ravager_of_worlds
29 December 2003, 05:02 AM
The Alchemy section was really neat, and probably my favorite section out of the whole issue. I'd been thinking of something along those lines for a while, but not really sure where to start. And it seems much of what I was pondering has already been covered. originally posted by Donovan Morningfire

I agree with Donovan, the article on alchemy was great. Not that I've actually read it all the way through yet - so many neat things - but when my players encounter any Sith (as they surely will) I'm not going to be able to resist using something from there. Plus it contains the phrase "the pets of the Sith" which just makes the whole thing even better. originally posted by Rogue Janson

thanks guys. I was wondering what people thought of that. originally, i wrote it for one of my players who had a Sith Acolyte and wondered... what the heck Alchemy is good for. Frankly, we weren't satisfied by the once-over the skill got in the Dark Side Sourcebook. So I came up with a list of stuff I thought a Sith Alchemist should be capable of, so my player could research various techniques and have a big reason for him to pursue Sith Acolyte instead of Sith Warrior. Being creative and evil is much more fun than being destructive and evil (though that has its moments too). Besides, he had a lot of fun trying to turn the other characters to the Dark Side, what with all the DSP prerequisites for the draughts and "sith medpacs."

yeah, i was writing with glee when I got to the biomechanical creatures (or "pets of the sith"). No simple snakes and bats for my evil NPCs. :)

and Rogue Janson, i was so pleasantly surprised at all the evil nuances in Interrogation... I was wondering at such a "dream issue."

Edit: oops! I almost forgot to give credit to Gary Astleford, known on the Holonet as "Panangallan" for his excellent d6 conversion. Gary also acted as a sounding board for fairness and game mechanics on a number of abilities, suggesting excellent ways to balance some of the ideas while not hamstringing the alchemist. i certainly don't know enough of d6 to have attempted that part of the article.

Admiral_Atredies
30 December 2003, 07:58 PM
Man, all I can say is Thank You! Its just in time, because I've still got a week or so to indulge myself in RPG goodness before its back to the grind. I especially thought the Alchemy was great, and I'm looking forward to seeing the results of Marry a Rich Man 2 :). And as for Festivus, let the Feats of Strength begin!

Darth_Cassed
30 December 2003, 08:43 PM
My fellow HoloNetters, the staff of the Online Journal needs your help, now more than ever.

In order to serve you better in the future, we urge all patrons of the Online Journal to mosey over to the poll and tell us what you think. Not only that, but give us a post on what we can do better, what we are doing right, and what new can be done.

The Online Journal is, and always has been, a fan-based publication. Tell us what you want, so we can give it to you.

Jim Williams
31 December 2003, 06:59 AM
And now that I have digested (urrrrp) the Alchemy stuff, I must say that is quality work and presentation. Very original stuff and sorely needed!