PDA

View Full Version : Why stormies are bad shots

Jaggard
18 January 2004, 07:52 PM
I just figured it out.

They are payed by the hour so the longer they prolong the battle the more they are payed.

RoFL

Darth Fierce
18 January 2004, 08:56 PM
Hmm...I thought it was because they were too hung-over from a wild night of Corellian lum with a Hutt and a few of his "girlfriends" the night before.

No...wait...that's me, beer, and driving.

Just kidding folks! :D I haven't had a drop of alcohol for about the last five years, and even if I did, I'd be smart enough not to get behind the wheel after tipping a few back.

Darth Fierce :vader:

da_gm
18 January 2004, 11:16 PM
Well, the way I see it, Luke explained it to us "i canīt see a thing in this...".
The visors on the helmet are black, they were supposed to be see-through, but due to a production error they are now black.
The guy responsible hasnīt told anyone, as he (rightly) fears that Vader will choke him for it.

Nova Spice
22 January 2004, 02:01 PM
It could be because they all suffer from a severe disorder. Hell, how would you feel if you knew that millions of your siblings were roaming the galaxy without any sign of your parents? You'd be too depressed to shoot anything, too.

Lucein Solo
22 January 2004, 02:28 PM
The ones under the command of Commander John Solo are relative snipers compared to regular stormtroopers-they can actually hit a moving target.

Krad-edis
22 January 2004, 03:49 PM
The rebel troops on board the Blockade Runner didn't think their shots were that wild, and neither did the Jawas at the sandcrawler. It depends who they are shooting at. If they are shooting at other thugs, experts, or diplomats, they can probably mop up quite well. If they are shooting at heroic characters, sometimes they are forced to rely on combined fire.

Go to the NetGuide for Stormtroopers (http://www.starwars-rpg.net/journal/webf.php)

The guide that Jim Williams came up with, IMO is an excellent representation of how the Stormies operate. Amongst the ranks of the Thugs, they are the ones to be feared.

Snowtiger
23 January 2004, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by Krad-edis
Amongst the ranks of the Thugs, they are the ones to be feared.

*hums the Imperial March* :)

Regis
6 February 2004, 02:26 PM
They aren't bad shots, but merely victims of the "Hero Factor."

Heck, this actually fits with the d20 VP/WP system - stormies just can't crit worth a rhyming profanity!