PDA

View Full Version : Quadrant: Tetrad's Umbra (Rebels Group #2)



Terras Jadeonar & Raven
21 January 2004, 10:49 PM
OK, heres a Roll call for:
Lopan (?)
Red5_5 (Pilot),
Talon (Hutt Hippie),
Sawosz (FA),
Dr. Worm (SpecOps),
Ronin (Martial Arts FA)

Stats are trickling in, thats good.

Red5, PM or e-mail either of us, we need to know what and which type of pilot are ya (fighter or transport or what)...

Lopan, what kind of a character are ya? or which classes are ya using?

Ok, also... most groups generally start out their chars already knowing each other... What if, for a change, for this group, none of ya know each other, all that is needed for now is from everyone a place where they'll each seperatly be on planet... ie: apartment, tapcafe, park, mall, streets, etc... Once I and Vanger know this, we shall take it from there...

What do ya all say / think?

Ronin
22 January 2004, 05:15 AM
Yeah...fair enough.

Did you 2 get my stats and background?
Any decision on my question about a Special Quality?

If you give us a planet I`ll figure out how I got there.:)

Dr_Worm
22 January 2004, 04:12 PM
As a player I could care less, but as a GM...well it's your headache.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
22 January 2004, 09:52 PM
Sure Ronin, go ahead, replace the sq with what ya had in mind :) Interesting BG btw...

We'll let ya know what planet we're gonna be starting on as soon as we can get the rest of the group to check-in via post, pm, or e-mail... Meaning, we're waiting for Lopan and Sawosz...

Sorry about being a tad slow on the response, been busy the last several days...

And remember players, yer equipment should only be what ya can carry with ya ;)

Talon Razor 'GM'
23 January 2004, 09:15 AM
Talhuba, Hutt Hippie reporting in, bro! Peace, my fellow brothers.

Tal and Tor are both ready to rumble, either as CnC or elsewise. I'll be sending you their backgrounds. However, that is low on priority, due to my Campaign and Online Journal committment. I've got stats done, though.

Ronin
24 January 2004, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by Terras Jadeonar & Raven
Sure Ronin, go ahead, replace the sq with what ya had in mind :) Interesting BG btw...


Cheers.....I know my background may not have seemed very Starwarsy....I think my current reading matter (LotR and Samurai-stuff) may have swayed my mind somewhat...and FF10ing on PS2 :D
But I hope it`s a bit original anyway:)

Oh...I just found a nice picture for my character`s spear (a naginata from his homeworld)...

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
24 January 2004, 11:14 AM
Ronin, it still had all the right sw components while telling the tale of yer char :) btw, kool spear pic!


Hmm, still no word from Lopan or Sawosz... *patiently awaits their responses*

Ronin
25 January 2004, 04:39 AM
Cheers Terras...


When was the last time Lopan or Sawosz checked in?
Maybe I`ll PM them...

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
25 January 2004, 01:40 PM
gp ahead, try PM'ing Lopan... though sawosz is new and can't be PM'd, feature disabled for those first comers....

Vanger Chevane
25 January 2004, 03:20 PM
If one or both don't respond, we may have ppl coming over from Rebel 1, or pick up new ppl.

I have no idea.

Dr_Worm
25 January 2004, 03:28 PM
A little advice from a GM who has been screwed over a few times: This could be an indication of things to come. I have found that often you can see patterns of activitiy in the begining that end up mirroring the future.

Just a thought.

BTW...sorry no background yet...it is in my noggin, but I have had no time to puke it in to my PC.

Ronin
26 January 2004, 02:46 AM
Weeeeell...I PM`d `em (both actually...I go no "Sawosz can`t be PM`d" message...) yesterday.
No answer today...not that I expected one so fast!

But...how long do we wait?
Until things get up and running....or don`t we need to know b4...?

Ronin
28 January 2004, 04:48 AM
Okay...I got a reply from Lopan! :)

Come on, come on you Rebels!!!:)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
28 January 2004, 01:08 PM
Same! got html sheet from lopan, forwarded to Vanger

Now, just need word from sawosz

Vanger Chevane
28 January 2004, 02:11 PM
Lopan's char looks good.

Once Sawosz checks in, Terras & I can start seriously plotting against you...er, planning your first adventure. :P

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
29 January 2004, 02:40 AM
Curiuos, what kind of posting fequency can I and Vanger be looking at? once a week? twice a week?

We're sketching out plans for this group, and once the adventure begins, all I can say is get firmly buckled (or wrapped) into your crash webbing harnesses, and hold on tight! :D B)

Sawosz, is there a sawosz in the house? ;)

Slight reminders:
Talon - stats
Drw - background

All stats sheets handed in sofar look great, complete with backgrounds (always helps knowing where a character comes from in the walk of life). Also, give yourselves a pat on the back - the weapons & equipment choices i've seen has been fairly modest; only thinking what you need / require to start off with. Rest assured, there will be plenty opertunity to purchase more gear if and as needed.

And for the record, aside from not knowing what type of char Sawosz is bringing in, we've already got a healthy & well rounded & flexable group!

Ronin
30 January 2004, 05:03 AM
I`d say I can post at least 3 times a week...
still looking into a home-net connection. If I get that, I`ll probably be circling like a hawk, waiting for posts and progress:D

:o "Saaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwoooosssszzzz?!"

Dr_Worm
30 January 2004, 08:10 AM
Well I should be able to get out the background the weekend. As to posting frequency...well you know me.

Dr_Worm
1 February 2004, 09:15 PM
Okay...BG done. Sent to the GMs. Ready to rock.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
1 February 2004, 09:55 PM
Stil need stats & GB from ya Talon....
No word from Sawosz, yet...

Ok, game's about to start soon (soon as tomorow or couple days)... so, stay tuned... Litteraly!

Those who dont show within this week, we'll get ya settled in when ya manage to post, (and post with an OOC in the subject line)


The final countdown....

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
2 February 2004, 07:25 PM
OOC: Ok, whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your doing, an active vidscreen plays nearby, the following catches your attention:


"... And now for the news at noon, galactic newsfeed brought to you by GHNN - Galactic Holo News Network" *GHNN logo* "GHNN, Your source for important & current galactic events"

*Newsline Jingle* Late last night, for the second time this month a Xucphra bacta convoy was hijacked leaving Thyferra. The convoy was destined for Sullust, to help recovery efforts for last week's unexplained explosion at SoroSuub factories. Two hundred workers still remain wounded, several dozens may perish from shortage and lack of bacta treatment.

Broadacsting with a live feed from the bridge of the Imperial Star Destroyer, Subjugator, with Captain Trulot.
*splitscreen of GHNN Report & Trulot*
GHNN: Captain Trulot, if you can spare a moment of your valuable time, could you tell us what happened and who's responsible for the hijackings?
Trulot: It is most asuredly the Rebels.
GHNN: Could you share with us some insight as to how you distinguished both hijackings as Rebels rather than pirate activity?
Trulot: Our inteligence reports indicate theyre rapidly going short on bacta supply. Shortage breeds desperate measures.
GHNN: How can you be certain?
Trulot: Sublight & Hyperdrive sensor readings are a positive match on vessel types and entrance vectors used. Furthermore, precursor to both times, we've been engaged outside the system by what we can confirm now as decoy attacks. Unfortunately, suceeding in delaying us so we arrive just after the hijackings. Both groups were organized and co-ordinated. Only the Rebels have forces sufficient enough numbers to carry out such plans.
GHNN: We understand your busy, Do you have any other brief comments to make?
Trulot: Indeed. As of right now, additional support vessels are arriving in system, and all traffic within the Thyferran system will be closely monitored.
GHNN: Thankyou for your time, Captain Trulot. *end splitscreen*. GHNN reporters will remain onsite at Thyferra to keep you informed of any events.

In other news, Tibanna Gas shares skyrocket at Coruscant Market Depot, as new potential locations found. More to come later. But first, the Ralltiir local news.

Earlier this morning, in Grallia suburbs, Imperial forces cracked down on several Rebel safe houses. Thanks to an anonymous tip, the crackdowns were able to be co-ordinated in concert, leading to the very sucessfull arrests of two dozen Rebel activists, and many associates. Inspection of the sites revealed caches of stolen imperial weaponry and other illegal explosives which may have been used in the bombing of the local pharmaceuticals lab earlier last month. 18 Lab technicians died in the blast, no survivors.

As of right now, Sector Moff Soreld has declared stepping up city patrols and increased security at Grallia spaceport. Any activity appearing questionable or suspicious in nature can and will be subject to detainment or immediate arrest. Any tips reported will be rewarded accordingly once verified as useful. Please report any tips Immediately. You can even just punch ISB* at any Information Kiosk to connect to the proper authorities. Remember, loyalty to the Empire is always rewarded.

"More to come after this newsbreak...And now a word from our sponsors..."

OOC: Do note your on the planet Ralltiir. Your each members of different rebel cells on the planet, which rebels cells caught were not mentioned specifically. None of your characters have met yet. Please post in or out of character the current whereabouts in or outside of Grallia city, and currently what your character is doing... Thx

[edit] Minor edit: even do a narrative if you want... how far to go or how much to post? just something enough to get ya started ;)

Lopan
2 February 2004, 07:51 PM
Savan was having a drink at a local Cantina. He was talking to an attractive female human sitting next to him. Savan plays along with her, although he is already bored. He laughs at her jokes when appriopriate, and discusses her job that she hates. Savan smiles when the vidscreen in front of him starts to display recent news.

Savan grows concerned. Which safe houses were discovered? Could it be mine? Unsure whether he should stay and check at a later time or check out of this conversation and look now, while the news was still fresh, he decides to look now.

He tells the lady he realized he is late for an appointment, she says to call her on the comlink sometime, he smiles and says he looks forward to it. Now he leaves the cantina towards his safe house, not far from the cantina itself.

Dr_Worm
2 February 2004, 08:42 PM
Troykaw barely looked up as the news feed ended. When it had started she was in the middle of feild stripping her targeting rifle. Now, as she finished, she began to break it down in to small components, and wrap each in fiber-free cloth. She wrapped the whole thing in a bundle and put it in her pack.

Though on the oustide Troykaw remained cool and focused, inside she was roiling with panic. The little apartment she was in began to close in on her as she gathered what little gear she had and placed it in her pack. Leaving evidence behind was probably a moot point, but she was loath to leave behind even a single piece of gear. Lastly she reached under her matress and grabbed a tattered and stained old book, kissed it, and packed it away. She double checked her knives, made sure her carbine was hidden in the pack, but accessable, and checked the security camera that showed the hallway.

Troykaw breathed a sigh of relief as she saw the way was clear, and without looking back left the apartment for good.

Taking a left, Troykaw, avoided front and took the back way out of the building. It was pretty horrific, as it led past an enormous midden heap, but it was subtle. It was also, thankfully, brief, and before too long she had moved in to the flow of foot traffic in the tourist district of Grallia City. She let her eye catch some crappy nic-nacks and crafts that the locals sold to outworlders, and stopped to look at some. She could care less about the gewgaws, but she used these oppertunites to check to see if she ws being tailed.

Ronin
4 February 2004, 04:41 AM
Out on a forested clifftop, kilometers from Grallia city, trees gently swaying in the sea breeze, Tatsu` stood in a small glade.
His naginata lightly held in his hands, he focused on the closest trees: one infront, one behind. He saw them not as wood, but as white armour-clad killers...stormtroopers.
Breathing deeply he tightened his grip on the weapon`s shaft. He try to block out the caws of seabirds....and concentrate on the wind blowing through the 2 nearest trees...
springing into action he swept the blade through the tree directly behind him, ducking an imagined shot from the front.
At that moment his commlink bleeped, destroying his concentration, and sending him sprawling across the grass.
"Puduu!" he cursed through gritted teeth.
Walking across to his backpack; lying on the ground a few metres away...he paused.
Drawing his blaster pistol he turned back to the remaining, offending tree...and fired at it.
As the foliage kindled and smoked, he answered his comlink...

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
5 February 2004, 01:56 PM
Ok, I made a slight goof up and should have posted the game start in the Roleplaying thread... I'll Copy everything over to a new "IC: Q:TU Rebel #2 " thread in a few minutes!

Everything In-game being re-directed here: IC: Q:TU Rebel #2 (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14921)

All ooc stuff goes here: OOC: Q:TU Rebel #2 (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14920)

Please dont post any more game action here! ;)

[edit] posts copied over successfully!.