PDA

View Full Version : Starvivor--Episode I: A Bunch of New Dopes

Darth Fierce
23 January 2004, 08:03 PM
Disclaimer: With the exception of "Fiff Poubst," "Burnaat," and the "Overhyypt star system," I do not claim to have created any of the people, places, or things included in this fan fiction. All licensed Star Wars characters, worlds, and items are the property of Lucasfilms Ltd.. I sincerely thank George Lucas for allowing me to play with his galaxy.

Episode I: A Bunch of New Dopes

As a hard-working smuggler in the galaxy, you love any time you get to relax, any time where you don't have to worry about a pesky starport customs inspector finding a shipment of contraband in your cargo hold, or fear a group of bounty hunters trying to cash in on a reward offered by a vengeful Hutt for your head.

It is on such a relaxing night that you decide to sit down with a glass of Corellian lum, turn on your holovision, and see what mindless drivel is being broadcast to entertain the galactic public.

As you change the frequencies on the holovision, you come across a screen filled with a starscape. Just as you are about to change the frequencies once more, words begin to roll across the starry sky...

Starvivor

It is a great day for broadcasting. Thanks to the machinations driving the Holo-Entertainment Network, a limited truce has been struck up between the Galactic Empire and the Rebel Alliance. Both faction have agreed to a cease-fire in order to bring you a show of unprecedented quality.

Eight members from both factions have agreed to meet on the Outer Rim world of Burnaat in the Overhyypt system to participate in a variety of competitions that will require brains, brawn, and strategy to complete them. Those who do not complete such tasks successfully risk elimination from the contest at a "Jedi Council" meeting held every three days.

Those who complete the tasks successfully will earn fabulous prizes and in the end, there will be only one competitor remaining to claim the title of "Ultimate Starvivor."

We now join our host, Fiff Poubst, to usher in an entertainment experience that we believe you will talk about a long, long time from now, even in galaxies far, far away...

The perspective on your holovision angles downward, and as you watch the outline of a vibrant green planet come into view, you lean forward to see what comes next...

Come back soon for Episode II: What the Network Cooked Up...

Darth Fierce :vader:

Darth Fierce
25 January 2004, 09:25 AM
Due to events beyond my control, it appears that the second episode of Starvivor will be delayed until probably next weekend. In fact, it's probably a safe bet to assume that every new episode of the "series" will be posted at least a week from one another. Darn the luck, I have to spend time making money at work...though I wish I could spend more time interacting on the HoloNet. :(

I promise you won't be disappointed with the results, though. ;)

Major T. Phennir
28 January 2004, 10:26 AM
Sounds good can't wait to read more.
:D :)

Jame
21 February 2004, 09:00 AM
Heh, heh, heh. The "Overhyyped" System. :D So, Darth Fierce, when's the next one comin'? :isd: :thrawn:

Darth Fierce
21 February 2004, 12:57 PM
Due to work duties, and the possibility of having to look for a new job, I haven't had nearly the amount of time for creative thought in coming up with Episode II yet...however, when I do, I hope it meets the standards of which readers of this site's Fan Fiction come to expect.

Until next time...