PDA

View Full Version : Quadrant: Tetrad's Umbra, Mercenaries: IC Thread



coldskier0320
29 January 2004, 06:50 AM
For three years, war has raged on the planet Chalmyron. With no end in sight, both sides are firmly entrenched to the point that no assault that the other could possibly mount would rout them. Out of options, the Galactic Integration Initiative turned to a third option, a previously unconsidered X-factor in their war that, as it turns out, may mean the difference between total victory and utter destruction: Mercenaries. They employed the services of ThunderForce, a fairly typical example of a modern mercenary group. Their two main operations companies, Flash and Dazzle, both of which have been deployed to Chalmyron, have brought with them all the modern fighting technology that is to be expected of a self-respecting fighting force as well as dynamic new tactics, a hybrid of Rebel and Imperial military doctrine that has proven deadly time and time again. Within a few weeks after their introduction, the mercenaries have enjoyed the success that they have come to expect, while the planetary force on both sides have been stunned at their progress. From the day these intrepid fighters-for-hire landed on Chalmyron, they have promised to bring a quick and decisive end to this bitter struggle…

As one of the more experienced teams in your company, you have been sent on several missions since your company deployed to Chalmyron. So far, the main combat portion of your outfit has mostly had defensive patrols in and around Tavik, the more recently occupied of the two cities that have fallen since the mercenaries have arrived. It seemed that this war of years would be resolved in a matter of weeks, totally and completely showing the people of Chalmyron that their backward ways were only hindering them in all areas. This only pleased the open minded GII, after all, they wanted to show their planet the benefits of becoming a member of galactic society. True, they decided to reach out into the galaxy at the height of the galaxy’s own civil war, true it had sparked their own, and since then, Chalmyron had known nothing but violence, but the members of the GII believed that after the violence was over, they would benefit greatly from interaction with other worlds. Deep in the underhalls of Chalmyria, the capital city and home of the Royal Family, even some loyalists believed this as well, though they were too proud to admit it.

Then, just when everyone thought the war was over, the loyalists made a huge night-time strike with several regiments of their highly trained specialists on the Initiative’s capital city, Khordua. Doing in one night what they’d been trying to do for years proved to the loyalists that the GII was getting lax as a result of the mercenaries. Within a matter of days, Khordua was clearly under loyalist control.

Your own group, resting after a sabotage mission into Chalmyrian Armament Works’ main factory yards, was in Khordua for the occupation. Unfortunately, the small group of tents you were in was among the first to be secured by the loyalists. You have been taken prisoner by the Royal Guard and imprisoned in the old hotel building that has now been converted into their field base. Thrown in prefab cells, you have been stripped of all belongings, save clothing. Though your cell has no windows and the light in the ceiling never goes out, you estimate you’ve been confinement for about 48 hours, your only meal being a ration bar and paper cup of water that your door was opened only long enough to push in to you. While the loyalist army was not especially gentle in handling you, you have neither been mistreated nor interrogated, surprising for a planetary force. Ever since about 24 hours ago, though, your cell has been filled with the unmistakeable noises of battle. You can hear airspeeders with high-performance engines soaring at low altitude over the city. Explosions in the distance can be heard as muffled thuds, and the closer blasts can be felt through the old buildings shuddering walls. You assume it to be a counter-attack. An attempt on the part of your comrades to re-take the city, not so muc for the GII’s benefit, but to get in and hold the area just long enough to free their prisoners and take whatever equipment can be stolen or salvaged. Over the past few hours, you’ve noticed, the sounds of war have gotten louder and cleared, to the point that you decide that the mercenaries combined with the forces of the GII have penetrated the hasty perimeter the loyalists had set up and were now fighting street by street, one city block at a time, slowly working their way over the loyalists’ fortifications. Now you can distinctly tell the difference between the heavy blaster artillery that both the loyalists and the mercenaries prefer, and the explosive shell ammunition that, while not terribly advanced or reliable, seem to be in abundance in the GII ammo dumps. Your leadershave expressed the notion that they must have bought the whole lot, at a reduced rate, from some down on his luck warlord, or gunrunner with a huge loadout of the antiquated weapons, who was on the run from imperials and needed to make a dump. Even now you can hear the peculiar buzz-whine that seems to pulsate through the air as scores of the shells rocket overhead. Then you hear a deeper, more resonant buzzing and recognize it immediately: one of the many bad rounds that plague the shell-filled GII armories. You listen to hear if it will be a dud too, as many of the other under-propelled shells have a tendency to be and realize that the sound is rapidly becoming more clear and a great deal louder.

Almost too late, your natural reflexes kick in, Hit the floor!!!, scant moments later, a bone-jarring impact shakes the old buildings very foundations. Its main power stack, located in the basement struggles with the surge and resultant damage to its circuits. The power hiccups and the light in the top of your cell goes out…flashes brightly…returns to normal…then slowly dies. A few seconds later, you notice that the air vent near the door has ceased to function as well. Without hesitation, you realize that this might be your only chance. There is a remote possibility that in the power surge, the electronic lock on your door had reset in the ‘open’ position, but if not, it was still certainly not as secure as it was two minutes ago. Eyeing up the doorframe, you also realize that the concussion from the explosion has damaged the door’s integrity: you can even see a sliver of light from the bottom when you put it at eye-level. You have a number of options, but knw you must escape, what action do you take…?

Ringlord816
30 January 2004, 07:35 AM
Jokell checks the electronic lock, attempting to open the door with minimal disturbance, using his computer use skill if necessary. If this doesn't work, he will try to force the door.

The Ghost
31 January 2004, 05:29 PM
Picking herself up off the floor, Ghost mutters a string of old corellian curses that would make most people pause. The young woman certainly had a mouth on her. "Well, here's to hoping they didn't survive because if i get my hands on them they're going to seriously regret taking my computer from me."

Ghost looks at the door and the vent for a moment, scratching the back of her neck. She scans the ground for any pieces of scrap metal she can use for makeshift tools before cracking into the control box.

coldskier0320
9 February 2004, 10:15 AM
Jokell recovers quickly from the intense blast. Rising to his feet, he removes a nondescript panel near the door of his cell with a smart blow. As it flies loose, he quickly catches it before it can clatter noisily to the floor. Studying the inside of the door panel controls, he identifies a small gray box which he recognizes as the lock's scrambler. Using a sharp point on the side of the wall made by braking off the cover, he slices through a few of the wires, then tires of the time it takes and rips a few out. Making a few connections with the wires, a cloud of sparks erupts out of the hole. Jumping back in alarm, Jokell mutters a curse. Soon, however he forgets his frustration as the door slides to the left a few inches. Bracing himself in the oor frame, he determinedly works the door open enough to fit through.

Ghost's impromptu search turns up nothing. The loyalists had done a very good job of cleaning up this tiny room before they locked her in here. Resolutely, she pries at the rear panel of the door lock. Luckily, it had been jarred loose by the impact of the rocket on the building and could shaken loose fairly easily. Once inside, Ghost, ever the professional pops off the cover on the tiny gray module that she knew to be an electronic lock. Judging by its appearance, not a very new or complicated one. Inside the box, she familiarizes herself with an old breadboard, with resistors, capacitors, and all other manner of electronic doodads seeming to grow out of it like stubble. Bending a few of the components back and forth until they broke, Ghost carefully readjusts the circuit until the energy flow skipped over the locking mechanism and went straight to the door acuator. Almost startled, Ghost glances up just as the door hisses open. She was free.

The Ghost
9 February 2004, 01:10 PM
"Morons" Ghost checks up and down the hallway.

Ringlord816
9 February 2004, 01:28 PM
Jokell checks the hallway, then, taking the panel for use as an improv weapon, sets to work freeing the other prisoners

coldskier0320
10 February 2004, 10:24 AM
This'll help;)...

The Ghost
10 February 2004, 01:15 PM
Ghost looks over at Jokell and puts a finger to her lips. Taking the metal plate covering with her, she moves to the dead end of the hall to start forcing open doors, pointing to the opposite one for Jokell to tackle.

(not knowing who is where, i guess we start at the far end & open both doors)

coldskier0320
11 February 2004, 07:09 AM
((OOC: Btw, in case you havent already figured it out, the map is a result of you two's spot checks, which you both succeeded at. Some stuff, like the weapons and sensors, are on the map, but you dont necessarily know about them yet, just like you obviously cant know about which cells your buddies are in.))

From the outside, the doors are easy to open, Ghost steps over to a cell and presses the door panel. As the door itself hisses open, Auron, another member of the team looks up, almost as if he was expecting the young woman to pay him a visit. Jokell, stepping up to the door opposite the one that Ghost had just opened, waved his hand in front of the panel, expecting similar ease. Thus he was fairly surprised when the panel blinked red once and displayed a message on a tiny screen: code clearance level two required.

Ringlord816
11 February 2004, 07:26 AM
Jokell gets ghost to attempt to open the door

The Ghost
11 February 2004, 08:05 AM
Ghost points down the way to another locked door and gives a try at the one Jokell couldn't manage.

Ringlord816
11 February 2004, 08:48 AM
Jokell attempts to open the door that ghost pointed to

coldskier0320
11 February 2004, 08:54 AM
After gesturing to the next door down the way, Ghost tucks some of her hair behind her ears and crouches in front of the panel, using her impromptu weapon/tool, she pries the faceplate off the lockout device and begins to manipulate the wires beneath the screen in much the same way she did her cell door's controls. At one point a wire drooped a little too close to the metal frame and gave the girl a sharp shock across her wrist. Undaunted, she continues in her attempt...a few moments later, she hears a satisfying click. Reaching down, she gathers up the small sensor window, now dangling from a few black wires. As soon as she moves it, the sensor window picks up the movement and slides the door open. After it slides off to the side, Ghost looks in. Sitting in the middle of the room is a fairly large, black, plasteel cargo crate.

coldskier0320
11 February 2004, 09:16 AM
Jokell waves at the door next to the one Ghost was just working at. Half expecting it to give im the same frustrating message, he is pleasantly surprised when it quietly hisses open. Unfortunately, It reveals only emptiness.:( Out in the main room, Both captives hear the sound of someone moving...

Ringlord816
11 February 2004, 09:21 AM
Attempting to move silently, Jokell moves to join ghost and examine the crate

The Ghost
11 February 2004, 01:10 PM
Ghost ducks into the room with the crate, holding her breath for a second before checking to see how it opens. Sweat welled on her brow as she worked silently, not used to being so hush hush.

It was going better than she expected, though, as they hadn't been vaped quite yet. In her mind she absently wondered when that would be.

coldskier0320
12 February 2004, 07:19 AM
The crate was obviously something brought in by the military forces of the Royal Guard, not simply lockout devices that were in the building. It is much more complex than the locks that Ghost had blown through in the past few minutes. Painstakingly, she lifts off the faceplate of the lock, beneath it, literally hundreds of wires connected at least fifteen small printed circuits to each other, the codekey input device, and the magnetically sealed durasteel bars, through the top and bottom parts of the crate. Ghost thinks that she should be able to handle something like this, but without the proper tools, its going to take some time.

Jokell inspects the crate. To him it looks like countless others holding all manner of cargo across the galaxy. The only thing that stands out to him is the lock, which most crates he'd seen simply didn't have. After casting a doubtful glance at it, Ghost kneels in front of it and sets to work.

Master_thorin
12 February 2004, 09:54 AM
Aaron will begin checking his options and then will attempt to get his door open. If he can find an opening he will try that first but he will most likely try to disable and open the lock.

coldskier0320
13 February 2004, 09:24 AM
When the shell hit, Aaron thought he saw the door to his cell shift slightly, however, when he got up, there was no sliver of light at the edge that would indicate an opening. Upon closer inspection of the door's markings, though, he realized that the door did indeed shift a tiny bit, perhaps two or three centimeters, but it was not enough to open the door completely. Resolutely, he wrenches off the panel he'd noticed before beside the door. As he attempts to hotwire the controls, he bumps a wire. Apparently, this wire had simple been disconnected, as soon as it gets close to the doorframe, it arcs and the door slides open.

That's more like it. Aaron think to himself with a smug grin.

Master_thorin
13 February 2004, 11:54 AM
Aaron will proceed out into the hallway and start looking aroud he will check doors and then if he finds the others he will poke his head in and see what they are doing. He will help with the crate If he can.

Ringlord816
14 February 2004, 04:13 PM
Jokell moves to one of the open doors and starts to keep a lookout for the guards.

Korwin Blade
16 February 2004, 05:59 AM
Auron is just chillin on the bed when the door to his cell swishes open, and who should be standing there, Ghost, just who he was hoping to see.

But she leaves to check out the door across the way. And in less then a 30 seconds is in the cell. Auron get up and walks over to the other room being quiet as he can.

When he sees the crate, he lets out a very low whistle. And says in a whisper

“You don’t see these much oustside of a casino, must be really expensive or credits . I’m hopeing for credits myself, but rumor had it that there was an anti- tamper alarm installed on these. But I was never able to confirm that."

coldskier0320
18 February 2004, 07:25 AM
As soon as Aaron exits his cell, he is greeted by the site of a royal guard soldier, who promptly snaps up his weapon and fires a bright blue bolt that sinks itself into Aaron's chest. Suddenly, his vision goes blurry and the world tilts on its side...as he slowly falls to the floor, his last thought is, Well, at least they're using stun, then the world goes dark.


Meanwhile...

Ghost hunches over the insides of the intricate lock, though she has cracked more complex safety measures in her experience, never under this kind of stress. To an average person, Ghost was making no noticable progress, but to anyone who had ever dealt with complex security measures, she was making progress about as fast as could be expected, and every few seconds, another tiny electronic scrambler would click into the 'open' position. That was about the time the silence of the tense situation was shattered by a blast and a muffled thud...

The Ghost
18 February 2004, 08:00 AM
"Vape it all, deal with that, would you?" Ghost grumbles, wiping sweat out of her eyes as she and the lock continue to engage in their mental battle. As persistant as the lock might be, Ghost was stubborn and corellian, which generally meant trouble. "Maybe this is a cache of weapons or something" she hoped quietly, trying to drone out everything else.

coldskier0320
18 February 2004, 10:33 AM
This might help a little too...

Ringlord816
19 February 2004, 05:48 AM
Jokell moves foward then back into cover, trying to get the guard to follow into the hall.

coldskier0320
19 February 2004, 07:37 AM
Initiative Order (Just for reference):

Guard #2 (Lower Guard)
Guard #1 (At control Panel)
Aaron
Jokell
Auron
Ghost

Nobody is surprised or anything like that.:)

Master_thorin
19 February 2004, 09:38 AM
OOC: Except me who is in fact unconcious

coldskier0320
24 February 2004, 08:40 AM
*bump*

((OOC: I'm not sure why the lack of postage...:raised: ))

Ringlord816
26 February 2004, 05:31 AM
Jokell goes back to check on ghost.

(OOC: what is the damage of the metal plate my char is using as a weapon?)

coldskier0320
26 February 2004, 08:07 AM
As the first soldier hurries over to Aaron's knocked out form, he glances up and sees Jokell darting toward a room across the hall. He also sees the controls to the door of the room dangling from wires. At this he shouts to a second soldier that none of the prisoners have yet seen,

"The prisoners are escapng! Sound the alarm and request backup!"


Meanwhile, down the hall...

Ghost wages her silent battle with the complicated lock. Just about the time she gets to the last scrambler, they all simultaneously reset. At first, both she and Auron think that all her hard work was to no avail, then they hear the distinct click of a magnetic lock deactivating. They look at each other and grin.

With Auron's help, Ghost wrestles the heavy lid up off the crate. What is inside is a godsend:

Their equipment.

Among all manner of weaponry, Ghost spies he security kit as well as her slicepad. Auron sees the blaster he's been using, and they both wonder at the presence of an ancient-looking firearm.

This is about the time they hear a voice behind them,

Freeze! Turn around and stand up, kep your hands in the air!"

Behind them, the two guards stand, their weapons at the ready.


Back in the hallway...

Aaron stirs once...twice...then his eyes flutter open. Apparently, the stun bolt had only grazed him...

coldskier0320
26 February 2004, 08:52 AM
Here's the map. Also, Master_thorin, consider yourself to be standing. I dont want to penalize you a move actio just to stand up at the beginning of the next round.:)

Ringlord816
26 February 2004, 09:01 AM
Jokell reaches for a weapon from the box, then turns to attack the guards.

Master_thorin
27 February 2004, 12:45 PM
Aaron runs down the hall swiftly. He then brings his right are around quickly to hit the first loyalist hard in the chin with his right hand (THe bionic one). As he does so he yells out to the others "Get the other one!"

OOC: I hope this works

The Ghost
27 February 2004, 05:13 PM
Ghost dives around one side of the box, most decidedly not a fighter. That's what the others are paid for.

coldskier0320
2 March 2004, 08:49 AM
Almost in unison, Ghost dives around the crate, as Jokell dives for a weapon. With all the sudden motion, the inexperienced soldiers' attention is drawn to Ghost. Two stun blasts lance outtwoard the girl. One of which bounces harmlessly off the wall and dissipates into the air. The other, however, comes very close to her. Sinking into to corner of the crate, mere centimeters from where she crouches. Had she not moved so quickly, it would have sunk into her waist.

The first weapon Jokell comes up with is the blaster carbine that had been issued to Auron. Spinning around sharply, he jerks the trigger once. The beam is deadly accurate, burying itself in the exact center of the guard's chest. Without even time to realize what happened, the man was dead before he hit the ground.

With all of the action in the room at the end of the hall, the other guard totally forgot about the man he'd stunned down the hall. The only warning he gets is a few footsteps, which actually caused more problems for him. As he turns to see who else is in the room with them, he is greeted by a durasteel fist, which smashes into his face sending him sprawling to the end of the hall. Aaron had just started to call to his companions when he realized that the other guard was already very much dead.

((OOC: Jokell, congrats, you've gotten the first crit of the game;). Too bad it was just a grunt. Anyways, I assumed Master_thorin didnt want to yell, as it wouldnt make much sense anymore. Also, Vash, you can post at any time, feel free, I'll let you know if any problems arise.))

Ringlord816
2 March 2004, 10:05 AM
Jokell searches the box for his own weapon and equipment, after giving auron his carbine. He then moves into the hallway to search the rest of the rooms.

(OOC: it's ironic that the first crit of the game was made by the groups TS. :? )

(edit: changed equipment to blaster.)

Vash Knives
2 March 2004, 10:08 AM
*Having heard the comotion outside his cell, Lee knocked hard on the door to attract the others.*
OOC: I would like out of here, and what do the guards have?

coldskier0320
2 March 2004, 10:11 AM
((OOC: The others had to get out of the cell somehow;) Also, what the guards have, your character would not know. Please odn't ask for meta game knowledge.:) ))

Master_thorin
2 March 2004, 11:08 AM
Aaron walks into the room and begins rifling through the crate pulling out his gear and slipping the belts and straps into the proper spots. He then Looks up "Oy there folks, anyone know how to get outta here?"

The Ghost
2 March 2004, 11:48 AM
Ghost rifles through everyone else's crap and pulls out her possessions, kissing her computer lovingly. "Don't worry, they won't hurt you anymore." She thinks for a moment and then grins maliciously. "Time for a little payback."

Now armed with her proper slicing gear, she sets about opening the other doors.

Master_thorin
10 March 2004, 04:51 PM
Aaron looks out into the hall now that he is fully armed and checks for any approaching guards

Vash Knives
18 March 2004, 03:57 AM
*Starting to get a little impatient, Lee starts running full tilt into the door, hoping to either make a loud noise, or damage the door enough for him to get out.*

coldskier0320
29 March 2004, 08:36 AM
As everyone grabs their respective gear, an uneasy silence sets in. One by one, each mercenary gets their equipment stowed away in pockets and on belts and finally pulls out whatever weapon or respective piece of equipment that they have found that they use most often in the field. ((Please state what piece of equipment this will be, I'd assume a blaster for most of you, though Ghost might have a datapad.))

As the last pieces of gear are pulled up out of the crate, one of the members of the team bumps the bottom of the box and it moves slightly. Further inspection reveals a secret compartment hidden under the main part of the container which is apparently some other prisoners' belongings. In addition to a pair of battered old blaster carbines, there is a small plasteel case, inside of which is found several tubes of adhesives, tape, detcord, primers, and a remote primer detonation system. A demolitions kit. There are, however, no explosive chemicals or anything, save a crude thermal detonator which basically was an exposed baradium sphere about the size of Ghost's fist with contact points for a primer. While it certainly wasn't a modern setup, most likely the posession of an Initiative soldier, it did mean some heavy punch for the group.

Just at that moment, the group hears an awful sounding alarm sound throughout the hallways. Seconds later they hear the sound of people running outside the hall...

Master_thorin
29 March 2004, 11:14 AM
IC: Aaron reaches into the Box pulling out his Dissuader and locking in a fresh clip, into the gun he hears the commotion outside and leans slightly out to see the commotion. His Bionic eye telescopes slightly and alters configuration as he looks up the hall.

Vash Knives
29 March 2004, 02:06 PM
*Lee hears the alarms going off and starts wondering what to do.*
Lee: With my trusty DC-15 rifle destroyed I have nothing to fight with. Of course that only matters once I get out of here.

The Ghost
29 March 2004, 02:33 PM
Ghost straps her computer into her wrist gauntlet and frowns at the alarm.

"I need a terminal before we're all dead. let's see if i can power down this whole place"

Ringlord816
29 March 2004, 02:57 PM
Jokell pulls out his blaster and takes a position at the door, trying to stay under cover.

coldskier0320
31 March 2004, 08:12 AM
((OOC: I now realize that in my post this want made clear. The hall that the commotion is in is not the one giving access to all the cells, rather, it is the one outside this little prison block. You guys are all alone in this room. Feel free to make any plans you need. Also, does anybody want to take the TD & demo kit? As a final note, Vash, you need to escape from your cell by your own means, unless you want to wait for the rest of the crew to free you.))

EDIT: ((OOC: Go ahead and post actions again.))

Vash Knives
31 March 2004, 03:00 PM
*Lee figures that by taking out the lock the door would be that much easier to open. After taking off the cover of the lock mechanism, he reaches into the mass of wires and grabs them all and rips them all out at once.*
Lee: Who needs finesse when brute force works fine?
(OOC: Lee Happie, Ready to lead!)

Master_thorin
31 March 2004, 04:43 PM
IC: Looks into the room "Well then, looks like the commotion is down the hall a ways, what do you lot think we should do about it."

coldskier0320
12 April 2004, 03:48 AM
Lee hears the electronic lock on his door click but when he tries the door, he realizes he has also ruined the opening controls. Further frustrated, he knows he is one step closer to freedom.


Looks into the room "Well then, looks like the commotion is down the hall a ways, what do you lot think we should do about it

At this point, the front door to the small prison block breaks open and a squad of loyalist troops storm in, weapons at the ready...

((OOC: Maps up later today.))

Ringlord816
16 April 2004, 05:34 AM
Hearing the commotion, Jokell looks out of the room to see the loyalist soldiers pouring into the room. "Sithspit, we're under attack, find cover!". Suiting actions to words, Jokell looks around frantically, then dives into one of the cells and nervously pulls out his blaster.

coldskier0320
16 April 2004, 07:39 AM
Oops, hey, sorry about the lack of mappage, coulda sworn I posted it...

The Ghost
26 April 2004, 09:00 AM
Ghost remains where she is, waiting for the firefight to end so she can get to a terminal safely.

coldskier0320
4 May 2004, 08:20 AM
As a fairly organized group, the loyalists move to the end of the hallway and open fire on the small group of escapees. This time however, their blasters are set to the standard kill setting. A pair of the soldiers line up on Jokell, cracking off shots at the man in the cell doorway. The first shot is way off, burying into a ceiling panel which consequently fractures and falls to the floor, creating a small dust cloud. The other, however, is much closer, glancing off the doorframe and sending tiny metal sparks into Jokell's hands and face.

Before the rest of the squad can fire effectively, though, a minor explosion rocks the old hotel building, blowing out all the lights, which are quickly replaced by a dull yellow emergency glow. The explosion however, you realize, was originated from the door to your prison, not the outside, like the last one, and the loyalist troops, so close to the blast, are all knocked to the ground, in disarray.

Through the dust, you can see a silhouette, a huge, hulking form, most definitely non-human, with a blaster, and another blaster, and another blaster, and another blaster...

coldskier0320
4 May 2004, 08:35 AM
Here's the map...

johnnyputrid
4 May 2004, 10:32 AM
Scragg Nexum grins at the clamor his explosive charges have wreaked.
He shifts his half-chewed tabac cigar to the left side of his mouth, and aims each of his four DL-22 blasters at a crumpled loyalist trooper.

Hagwa doopee, grabbel moggos! (Don't move, gravel maggots!) Next one of you even twitches and I hand's your grik to ya!"

Scragg surveys the dust-filled room, his ronto leather duster billowing slightly, and notices nobody has moved yet. He waves his upper left blaster at Jokell and bellows toward the rest of the former prisoners, his neck sac inflating to twice it's original size:

"Don't you womp rats know a rescue when ya see one? Boska!"

Master_thorin
5 May 2004, 05:32 PM
Aaron comes out into the hall leveling his pistol on the closets to him and yells at the hulking form "Oy, Whos there?!" he moves slowly up the hall taking quick steps up to the Trooper and leveling the pistol right at the troopers face.

Ringlord816
6 May 2004, 05:33 AM
Jokell steps foward, but keeps his blaster trained in the general direction of the newcomer and the loyalists. "who are you?" he asks, wanting to trust the figure, but knowing from experience that things are rarely what they seem in times like this.

Korwin Blade
6 May 2004, 06:20 AM
IC:
Auron takes the carbine and says in a low voice,” Hey this isn’t mine, this is someone else’s, but what the Hell.” He slings it across his back. And then he looks into the crate and spots his trusty Heavy Blaster, and his other equipment.

When he hears Jokell say “we are under attack” he drops to the ground and raises his blaster to zero in on the lead loyalist. And then a big explosion rocks the cell block. He then hears something about a rescue and Jokell asking who the rescuer is.


OOC:
Mesa Back……………..LOL…………..I can’t resist the Darkside………….LOL

The Ghost
6 May 2004, 07:44 AM
Ghost slips out from the cell after the shooting stops.

"Fewer questions, more getting the hell out of here." she snaps at the others, moving down the hallway. "If we can get to a comm-room maybe we can call in some heavier backup or disrupt enemy signals."

She pauses to give the besalisk an appraising look. "got any more fireworks up your sleeve?"

Vash Knives
8 May 2004, 03:32 AM
*Lee starts banging on the door.*
Lee: Hey big guy! Could you please open this door? One charge should do it!
*Lee than backs away from the door awaiting the blast.*

johnnyputrid
8 May 2004, 06:44 AM
Scragg takes a brief moment to push his wide-brimmed black hat up a bit farther on his head with the barrel of a blaster. He looks at Jokell and grins.

"Who am I? I'm the guy they sent in to save yer sorry griks. Nexum's the name, Scragg Nexum, and just so's ya know, I ain't got no plans fer gettin' us outtta this flebbin' poljim. So one of ya'll grub worms needs ta start thinkin' whiles I starts blastin'."

Scragg looks around and does a quick head count. Noticing that someone is missing, he hears a banging sound coming from down the hall. He takes a puff from his cigar and holsters his lower right blaster long enough to toss Ghost a small explosive charge.

"Last one sweetie, make it count and get yer buddy outta his cell. Howsabout the rest o' you gets behind me and cover my grik. Some o' these dung worms oughta be noticin' the big hole in the wall over here pretty soon and come a'chargin in."

Facing the newly improvised doorway, Scragg raises all four blasters and readies himself for any enemies that might try to enter.

"Just let any of them targ-brained soma boochos try to get by me! I''ll hands their griks to 'em!"

Master_thorin
10 May 2004, 12:03 PM
Aaron pops a fresh clip of specialized ammo into the Dissuader and looks at Scragg "Well Oy there Scragg, They call me Pirate. Wanna gimme som cover fire there big guy?" Looks out through the new "door."

coldskier0320
12 May 2004, 10:35 AM
Apparently down for the count, the tangled mass of loyalist troopers never even manages a twitch.

A few moments later, a rocket slams into the side of the building, causing the whole building to shudder, and blowing bricks out of the wall at the end of the hall. In moments, the cold climate of Chalmyron makes its presence known inside the old hotel. Some of you visibly shudder at the cold...or do you shudder at the sounds of intense battle from outside?

Rockets scream across the sky, leaving Sith-black smoke trails which swell and dissipate slowly, as the sink to the ground, to add to an ever increasing blanket of dirty smog that fills the grimy streets. The streets themselves are no better off, strewn with bodies, loyalist, GII, and even the occasional ThunderForce regular. Also seen are a few wrecked speeders, their hulls charred from the explosions that ended them. Even one of the heavy royal guard tanks can be seen, its blocky visage marred by a gaping hole in the crew section. If anyone bothers to poke their head out the hole, they are rewarded by a strong gust of wind. In the distance (several hundered yards away), you can see flashes and movement, indicating the battle line, though from this angle, you cant determine which way it is moving or who is on what side. Airspeeders from both factions cruise across the purple-gray sky of the Chalmyrian afternoon, dropping payloads of bombs or making strafing runs against trooper divisions or armored groups.

Looks like its time to get moving...

Master_thorin
1 June 2004, 12:32 PM
Aaron Runs out to the first Obstacle and looks around then motions for the others to move up in a rolling advance covering all sides as they go

The Ghost
1 June 2004, 01:09 PM
Ghost pockets the explosive with a smirk and follows behind the others.

johnnyputrid
2 June 2004, 05:57 AM
Scragg notes Aaron's hand signals and moves up quickly behind him. His four blasters at the ready, he takes a knee and steels himself for whatever awaits.

"Any of you hungry?" he says, taking a big puff from his half-chewed cigar. "I ain't had nothin' to eat since the boys at HQ dropped me on this rock. Just thinkin' about a big juicy nerf-steak makes my mouth water. And ta wash it down, a coupla tall Frozian malt beers. And some tangy waffmula sounds pretty....bah. Let's just go kill some folks and get outta here."

Master_thorin
2 June 2004, 08:12 AM
Looks up at Scragg "Oy there Scragg, you get us out of this muck and I'll throw a steak on the Barbie fer ya as soon as we get home."

Vash Knives
5 June 2004, 03:14 AM
*Lee dives behind the cot and waits for the charge to go off*

Vash Knives
11 September 2004, 02:52 AM
*Keeps waiting*
(ooc: will someone blow the charge?)

coldskier0320
20 September 2004, 09:22 AM
It seems that the rocket blast has sent a power surge through the buildings system, as Lee looks from behind his bed to realize his door is slightly ajar, barely enough for him to squeeze through.

The rest of the group, standing outside, proceeds into the outer room without mishap, it seems this entire section of the building has lost power, as the automated sensors have all gone dim, and the blasters mounted hastily in the corners fail to respond to the ex-prisoners.

The room seems typical of an impromptu jail, with a large area open in front of a protable control panel set off to one side. The doorway out into the main corridor is open from when the soldiers burst through, and there seems to be no other sounds emnating from the area you will soon need to go.

As you are standing there, taking stock of your situation, an airspeededr screams by, just outside the hole in the outside wall, so loud, it leaves your ears ringing and rattles the squat gray control desk.

johnnyputrid
22 September 2004, 01:25 PM
Scragg's duster catches the breeze generated by the passing airspeeder, revealing his stained utility vest, filled with various weapons and gear. As he takes a drag from his barely-lit cigar, he holsters his lower left blaster and removes a sabaac card at random from a vest pocket. Eyeing the card, he notes that he has pulled a Commander of Staves. One of me favorite cards. Always had good luck with this one. Just hope this damned planet ain't one big randomizer. Placing the card back into his vest, he scans the group.

"Well let's get a move on. My stomach is rumbling and I ain't killed but nine people today. If youse want to sit and here a wait for a stray blaster bolt to plug ya, that's fine. Me, I'm looking for the exit."

Vash Knives
24 September 2004, 03:46 AM
*Lee squeezes through the opening and steps out into the hallwayand walks toward the rest of the group looking around.*
Lee: Ghost, Slice that control panel over there-I want a map of this place, and Scragg, cover the door, more troops may come and I don't want any surprises. Personnally, I'm checking the Loyalists for toys-they destroyed my trusty rifle when they captured us-now is a good a time as any to get back.
*Lee starts systematically searching the loyalists for anything useful-weapons, explosives, rations...*

The Ghost
5 October 2004, 07:31 AM
Ghost nods lightly, going to inspect the console for its usefulness.

"anything else while i'm picking their brains?"

coldskier0320
6 October 2004, 05:48 AM
Ghost

Even though the power is out, it seems this control station has an internal battery back-up system, probably to prevent prisoner break out in the event of a power outtage. However, the system wasn't designed with a physical concussion in mind as well, which helped a few of you escape. Tapping a few keys and adjusting a few settings, you bring a general layout of the building you are in to the viewscreen, a red, pulsating dot indicating your location.

The shortest way out seems to be down the hall to the turbolift, which will bring you right to the main lobby, however, the lobby must surely have Loyalists in it, at least a small guard post, probably more.

Another route would be through a ventilation shaft, accessed by a grill across the hall. This would lead throughout the building, but the best route seems to be to the basement, where there is an exit to the street. This option, while avoiding many guards, will also take longer, giving the Loyalists more time to pick up your trail.

As you continue to hack through the system, you notice the readout getting slowly dimmer, it seems this battery was only designed with enough energy to give the cells one final lockdown until a portable power droid or similar equipment could arrive...

Lee

Frisking the unconscious guards, you dont find much. It seems the Loyalist have their priorities straight, giving the combat troopers the best equipment. Each of the men carries a compact blaster carbine of an unfamiliar design. And while thier charges look fairly full, the weapons look to be of a substandard design, probably all the Loyalists could afford to import through the local gunrunners. The equipment your allies have found in the cargo contained looks to be of a decidedly better quality.

Everyone

The chilly wind howling through the hole in the end of the hall causes a few shudders, and the sounds of fighting can definitely be heard getting nearer. It seems the battle is going bad for the Loyalists today. Outside, a Initiative airspeeder, looking almost like an Alliance B-wing, except with no stabilizer wings, and flying at a 45 degree angle, cockpit up, soars by, a large ordnance pod attached to the bottom: a bomber. As you look on, it soars over a group of Loyalist hovertanks, dropping scores of thermal detonators. The tiny black specks descend to the doomed hovertanks, erupting in a huge explosion, that, even though you are a good kilometer away, puts a good reverberation through the air.

As the bomber is pulling out of his bombing run, though, a loyalist airspeeder swoops in behind it. While both models seem to be bombers, the Initiative craft still carried a half-load of explosives. Looking at the Loyalist speeder, you can see that all its external racks are empty, making it faster and more maneuverable. Calmly, it takes position behind the target bomber and fires a sustained burst. Though the sheilds absorb most of the impact, the blaster cannons toasted an engine...it didnt look good for the bomber....

Vash Knives
16 October 2004, 02:41 AM
*Lee takes two of the loyalist carbines and the power packs from the rest of them, and also takes the demolitions kit, then walks over to Ghost to see what if anything useful she has found.