PDA

View Full Version : Quadrant: Tetrad's Umbra, Mercenaries: OOC Thread

coldskier0320
29 January 2004, 06:52 AM
Questions, comments (but not complaints!:P). Post 'em here.;)

The Ghost
29 January 2004, 07:58 AM
*shakes angry fist at people for stealing Ghost's stuff* they will pay dearly.

coldskier0320
29 January 2004, 08:15 AM
Lol, OK, I'm glad to announce that we FINALLY have the ball rolling!:D I hope its not too premature for any of you. Also, the only stats I have as of now are Ringlord's. If you have already sent your stats off to Grudgian, post here and let me know.

Vash Knives
29 January 2004, 03:39 PM
Couldn't we just post the stats themselves here? Granted I need to work on mine still.

coldskier0320
30 January 2004, 05:52 AM
Yes, I suppose that'd be fine, Vash. Though I would encourage you to get working on them soon. The backstory is not so important as your stats at this point, the backstory can come alon at any time, just get those stats in ASAP.

One more thing, if you have sent your stats to myself or Grudgian and have gotten approval, you may post in the IC forum. As of now, the only player who I have approved is Ringlord. But if you have received the go-ahead from Grudgian, you may also post.

coldskier0320

Ringlord816
30 January 2004, 07:21 AM
I plan to wait to begin posting until i am notr the only one there. Also, what formatdou you all prefer? First person, second person, third person? I personally usually go with second or third, but will go with the popular consensus

coldskier0320
30 January 2004, 07:28 AM
It really doesn't matter. Third person is usually how ive seen PbP done. That is how I will be posting here and in the Bounty Hunter game. Do what is most comfortable for you.:)

Ringlord816
30 January 2004, 07:37 AM
Never mind, I'll get things started now.

coldskier0320
30 January 2004, 07:50 AM
OK! We're officially started! :D Good post. There's not much to do right now, I admit. Good thinking, thats something I didnt make clear in the post. A small panel to the side of the door can be popped open to reveal a tangle of wires and a small breadboard...

Korwin Blade
30 January 2004, 10:11 AM
Hey Cold,

Here is my character, he is not a Force Adept, he is a Scoundrel. If you need anything more Cold just let me know

coldskier0320
2 February 2004, 07:55 AM
Looks good to me, Korwin, but I need an equipment list.:)

OK, Vash, you are the only one we need stats from now. I look forward to getting them shortly.:D

Ghost, I PMed Grudgian, requesting your stats, if I dont get them from him today, I should have my computer back by this evening. (Actually, regardless of wether he sends them or not, I should get my comp back!:P) And I'll try to get the stats from your webpage tonight.

Also, as a note to my players, you are all in seperate cells. You are in four adjacent cells on the same side of a hall. I will try a crude map on paint, and if i do get my comp back, i will attempt to re-install AutoCad from which i can easily produce a scale drawing of the area and copy & paste to paint for you guys.

The Ghost
3 February 2004, 01:41 PM
fixed post.

Vash Knives
7 February 2004, 09:28 AM
Ok cold, Lee's stats are away. If you want to remind him that he can't pilot worth a womprat's butt, just call him Crash.

coldskier0320
9 February 2004, 08:55 AM
Ghost, got your stats. Thanks, Grudge. Also, Vash, I PMed you regarding your stats, you know what to do. Looking to make an IC post soon.

Ringlord816
9 February 2004, 12:17 PM
I'm going to be operating on the assumption that i have escaped in my next ic post. By the way, cold, do you have the map you mentioned?

Vash Knives
9 February 2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by coldskier0320
Also, Vash, I PMed you regarding your stats, you know what to do. Actually, I have no clue what to do aside from what i have done-but I will try something.

coldskier0320
10 February 2004, 03:10 AM
Well, as can be ecpected from using a paint-based program, the map is fairly crude. It is, however, workable, and I should be able to post it soon. Oh, yeah, youre free!:D

Vash, you need to get your complete stats finished, and soon. If you need help, you need to find someone who can help you. This is a stat-driven game so you need full and complete, sound, rule-abiding stats, even more than an interesting backstory, for gameplay. I really want you to play, but the stats are a must in order for that to happen. Please hurry!:)

Vash Knives
10 February 2004, 03:23 AM
You'll get them soon-within a day or so-Friday at the latest.
And cold, I happen to have a few programs which you might find interesting and usefull for maps and other things
Maps:
TurboCad 3d
Punch! Super Home Suite
Other:
gmax
If you need help with that kind of stuff I'm here for you.

coldskier0320
10 February 2004, 04:34 AM
OK, Vash, thanks for the offer, I'll keep it in mind, though the more i use AutoRealm, the easier its getting. The first map is done. I'm glad you'll be getting your stats done soon. Cant wait to get em so you can get started in the IC forum!:D

Vash Knives
10 February 2004, 03:24 PM
I personally can't wait to post in IC-They will rue the day they took away my Mouse. I take it somewhere in the building is an armory? I hope at least-plus a droid storage room, where they could have put Mouse. *slaps himself to get rid of the GM thinking.*

Ringlord816
11 February 2004, 06:03 AM
ok i fixed my last IC post. Vash, I know what you mean; it's hard to think like the player who doesn't know anything more than he's told, rather than the GM who knows that the GM will have a way to get your equipment back.

coldskier0320
11 February 2004, 09:37 AM
Korwinnnnn...where are youuuuuu???

Also, Master_thorin may be joining the group. If he gets his stats in soon, he will be with you guys, if not, I have another way to integrate him into the plot.

Your map is up. Also, an update...

Vash Knives
11 February 2004, 10:54 AM
cold, just remember-Mouse was modified to be able to speak a handful of languages including Basic, and has a quirky personnality.

coldskier0320
12 February 2004, 03:18 AM
Vash, you need to get me all sorts of stats, including those of your droid, before they will apprear in game, this also goes for Lee. I placed him on the map because I figured your stats would be in long before now. However, if i dont get your stats, you wont appear in game, I'm not running an NPC that I dont need to, especially now that I'm involved in some five PbPs. I can integrate you at almost any point in the adventure, I designed it that way for such such an occasion, but if you dont get me your stats, you wont be integrated at all. I'm not trying to sound antagonistic, just honest, even if bluntly so. Please, I encourage you, get your stats in ASAP.

coldskier0320
13 February 2004, 03:01 AM
Also, for future reference, if possible, post your IC actions in the present tense, or if you find this awkward (as some do), past tense. I've noticed some future tensed posts and while they might accurately describe your character's thoughts, it doesnt give me a whole lot to go off of to write my post other than the bare bones of what is going on. Feel free to write your characters thoughts and the things he or she sees, hears, or otherwise senses. A short post is better than none, but a longer, more intense post give me more to go off of. In short, help yourself by helping me. Youve all been doing a good job in the IC forum thus far, I just wanted to give a suggestion.:)

Vash Knives
13 February 2004, 04:37 AM
I'm just having a few tech problems but will get the stats in soon.:hansolo:

coldskier0320
13 February 2004, 07:40 AM
OK, thanks for the heads up.:)

Korwin Blade
16 February 2004, 06:06 AM
Hey All,

Sorry about the absents of a post, but I have been playing alittle to much KotOR. And haven't been on here in a few days.

Master_thorin
18 February 2004, 11:03 AM
Well, looks Like I'm asleep again

Korwin Blade
18 February 2004, 11:08 AM
Perhaps I or master thorin should consider changeing our characters name as confusion might prevail. I am willing to if he is not.

coldskier0320
19 February 2004, 04:50 AM
Vash, finished the overhaul of your stats, look for a PM soon.

thorin, Sorry bout that, the dice roller almost got a crit. Dont, worry, you'll be back in the action soon enough.:rolleyes: :)

Korwin, It wont confuse me at all, if you want to change, you may do so, but its not necessary for me. Just let me know what you come up with.:)

Also, how are the maps? The more I use AutoRealm, the more i like it and i think i may use it from here on out. Do you guys like the maps? Feel free to tell me what you think as well as any suggestions that could make them better.

Thanks again,

coldskier0320

Ringlord816
19 February 2004, 05:29 AM
the maps are great.

The Ghost
19 February 2004, 07:19 AM
i like the maps, but the dots do look a little strange not just being solid colors. they get the point across very well though, thanks.

Master_thorin
23 February 2004, 02:29 PM
WHy am I the only one who has posted since Cold's last post?

The Ghost
24 February 2004, 01:00 PM
until i'm being threatened personally or have this open, i have no further action.

coldskier0320
17 March 2004, 09:07 AM
OK, after the HoloNet outtages, I want everyone to check in here. Just post and let me know youre still in touch.:) Grudge, you too.:D

The Ghost
18 March 2004, 12:35 PM
here

Ringlord816
18 March 2004, 01:21 PM
here.
When can we expect an IC response?

Master_thorin
18 March 2004, 03:31 PM
UHHH here

Vash Knives
19 March 2004, 03:32 AM
Indeed, as I kinda want to get my charactor out of the cell and armed with...aquirred weapons.

coldskier0320
19 March 2004, 04:08 AM
OK, sweet, we got almost everybody, and very quickly! Kudos to all! I'll try to get an IC post up soon.:)

Vash Knives
10 April 2004, 12:32 PM
HELLO...hello...hello...

coldskier0320
4 May 2004, 08:43 AM
Allow me to introduce to everyone (everyone IS here...right?) our newest addition o the playing field...johnnyputrid!!!

Hope you have a great time in the game, man! You're officially inserted, now you need only start posting!:D

Ringlord816
4 May 2004, 09:08 AM
Johnnyputrid, what species is your character? somethinng with four arms, i assume

johnnyputrid
4 May 2004, 10:36 AM
Scragg Nexum is a four-armed Besalisk, the same species as Dexter Jettster, Ob-Wan's "old buddy" in AOTC.

I just made my first IC post, so hopefully I've introduced Mr. Nexum in a proper manner.:)

Ronin
5 May 2004, 03:52 AM
Heh, heh!
"Heeeere's Johnny!!!"
:D
Glad you got fitted into the Merc game JP!

coldskier0320
6 May 2004, 04:06 AM
OK, its been 8 days since I sent out the PM, I assume Vash and Korwin aren't responding.

Vash, I'm just gonna erase, as he hasn't even escaped from his cell, Korwin's PC, however, will be a bit more problematic. Anyone have a problem with anything? I think I'm gonna NPC Auron for the remainder of this mission.

That said, I'll be accepting one more player into our fold, but they'll have to be able to keep up a healthy post rate, at LEAST three times a week if required. If you guys know anyone who can do this, reccommend their name to me. Also, now just waiting on Jokell and Ghost's reaction to Scragg, then we'll be moving along.

Korwin Blade
6 May 2004, 05:14 AM
Hey Everyone,

I know I have been out of it for a while. Sorry seems like RL got in the way. I believe I can at least post 2 to 3 times a week. But probable not on the weekends.

And I didn't get a PM from you Cold. I just came in here today. And saw your post about it. And by the way i use a heavy blaster I will try to get the stats for my equipment to you sometime this week. But I am at work and all my books are at home.

And I will make a post sometime today in the IC thread.

B)

johnnyputrid
6 May 2004, 06:09 AM
Hey skier, are these troopers all unconscious or are they just temporarily disorganized? I'm going with the assumption that they're all down on the floor and Scragg will be covering them with his blasters, enabling the rest of the group to come out of their cells. And I'll make sure I indicate exactly who I''m talking to by pointing a blaster (or blasters!) at them first.

coldskier0320
12 May 2004, 11:26 AM
johnny, I think my latest post has answered that well enough. In any event, I'm not sure my post was terribly descriptive enough. If you have any questions about what you're seeing, just ask me.;)

johnnyputrid
12 May 2004, 12:17 PM
No further questions here. Very nice description. "Sith-black" should be a new Crayola color!

Luckily I assumed correctly and didn't get shot up by a whole squad of loyalists. I mean, I've only got 4 blasters you know.:P

Kyran_Phelan
15 May 2004, 06:46 PM
I am new to the forums, but not to Star Wars Roleplaying. I would like to join your game (if possible).

I read through the post on Trader's Infonet, and the idea sounds really great.

I can join as soon as you want me to, I can post at least 2-3 times a week, and I am eager to play Star Wars once again (I am running a tabletop game, but haven't played in a while).

I have never played in a Play by Post game, but I am pretty sure I can follow along with your posts.

To Coldscrier: I noticed that you were in charge of this shindig. If necessary, after I have played for a while (and understand the format), I can step in to GM in a game. I have virtually all the books.

Anyway, thanx for your time.

Kyran

coldskier0320
17 May 2004, 04:09 AM
Two things:

1) Kyran, Since my classified looking for a player, all of my preexisting players have gotten back into the swing of things, meaning I'm not taking on any more players. With Ringlord, Ghost, Korwin, thorin, Vash, and johnny, I think 6 players is plenty. I'm sorry, but I'm not currently in the player market. Perhaps try the other groups. Failing that, you're more than welcome to sign on here as co-GM, or even start your own group (in or out of the Quadrant community), and begin to GM for it.

2) To everyone else: with school coming to a close, and work beginning, I'll be much less frequent on the HoloNet for the next few weeks. Don't look for very much posting from me. If you want to not post at all until I get back that would even be fine. I mean, I'll definitely get back, but it's gonna be hectic for a while. Please bear with me and thanks for your patience.:)

coldskier0320
30 August 2004, 06:24 AM
Hey all, I'm back and ready to GM again. Got school starting and I'll have a good amount of hours per week to devote to RPing.

I understand that everyone was busy over the summer and that many of you still are. That said, I'd like everyone to post here and let me know whats up. Are you ready to RP again? will you be? do you still want to?

There's no rush, as I wont expect posting for a couple weeks, unless everyone gets back to me right away, but i would like to get the game moving again!

Thanks for your continued patience with me and I hope to get gaming again soon!

The Ghost
30 August 2004, 12:12 PM
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

johnnyputrid
30 August 2004, 01:45 PM
Scragg Nexum is still ready to hand some people their griks. One, two, three, four....yep, all four blasters are ready to go.:D

The Ghost
1 September 2004, 06:51 AM
Hurricane coming through.
don't expect to hear from me for a while.

coldskier0320
1 September 2004, 08:25 AM
Hurricane coming through.

10-4, thanks. :)

Ringlord816
3 September 2004, 12:55 PM
i'm back from vacation and ready to get started whenever you are

coldskier0320
3 September 2004, 03:07 PM
Okay, so we've got the ever charming Ghost, the (un)surprisingly unwavering Sir Putrid, and not to be forgotten, the impeccably chronologically gifted supreme-master-of-round-articles-of-jewelry-customarily-worn-around-one's-finger posting injust as we're priming the engine. ;)

In any case, that leaves who? Vash...and Korwin. Oops, almost forgot thorin too. I think I've seen thorin around herre somewhere, but as for the other two blokes...lemme ask you, johnny, have they posted much over the summer? Any of the vital signs from either of these guys?

johnnyputrid
3 September 2004, 04:09 PM
I believe Korwin has been around a few times here and there, but I can't remember seeing Vash for quite some time.

coldskier0320
3 September 2004, 04:37 PM
Hmm...well, vash, if he's gone, should be a problem, as he isnt even out of his cell yet. Korwin, however, if he's gone MIA, will have to be NPCed, for at least a little while...no worries! I hope to hear from one or both of them in the next few days though. Also, how long do you guys think i should give them before we press on?

Vash Knives
11 September 2004, 02:50 AM
Give me a few more minutes.

The Ghost
12 September 2004, 03:58 PM
oh by the way, i'm done running for my life AND the power is back on.

coldskier0320
13 September 2004, 08:36 AM
Give me a few more minutes.

Got it. But how much time are you gonna need before youre ready to game again?

oh by the way, i'm done running for my life AND the power is back on.

Glad to hear it, hope you and yours are all safe and sound in the wake of the storm.

The Ghost
13 September 2004, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by coldskier0320

Glad to hear it, hope you and yours are all safe and sound in the wake of the storm.

yep, both my computers, my XBox, my PS2, and my N64 are all perfectly safe.

Korwin Blade
20 September 2004, 10:33 PM
One Question

Is this game going to get back on Track?

coldskier0320
21 September 2004, 12:59 PM
Is this game going to get back on Track?

A resounding YES! :D

Good to hear from you. The game lost steam over the summer as I was working six days a week, without much time for anything internet related, but now I'm back with at least two guaranteed posts per week, and possibly more (Actually, i could post theoretically four or more times on mondays and wednesdays...). So yes, if you'd still like to play, and I hope you do, I encourage you to continue posting!:D

Thanks,

cold

Korwin Blade
21 September 2004, 10:58 PM
Cold

Thats good to hear.

I just have a couple questions though.

First: Who is all going to be playing?

Second: I can't find my character anywhere. So my question is, could I use Konner from Steal of a Deal? Since that game ended anyway.

Korwin

johnnyputrid
22 September 2004, 03:14 AM
Placeth foes in mine vicinity, and I shall smiteth them verily!

In other words, I broke everybody out of jail. Now I just need some bad guys to kill. And a good nerf steak. And some beers.

coldskier0320
22 September 2004, 12:40 PM
Korwin, I'll send you your character, I have Auron on file.

jp, I made a post in the IC forum, I think everyone missed it, check it out ;)

Korwin Blade
22 September 2004, 09:34 PM
The Truth is I didn't like Auron that much, but send it over anyway. I think that part of it is I dont like his name much. So maybe I need to change his name. Could just be that we didn't get far with the game, and I just need more time to flesh him out.

So send post him here or send to korwin@hotmail.com

coldskier0320
6 October 2004, 05:52 AM
OK guys, I made another GM post in the IC thread. Korwin, Master_thorin, Ringlord...where are you? If I dont get some response from you soon, I'm gonna hafta NPC your characters. Please, at least post here, let me know youre still alive...

Korwin Blade
7 October 2004, 10:18 AM
I have a quick question. The building we are in are we on the second floor, or the first? And why can't we just go out the hole in the wall?

coldskier0320
7 October 2004, 07:26 PM
You're at least three floors up, for airspeeders to be flying level with your floor. And if you wanna jump out the hole...you're perfectly capable of doing so.:raised: 8o

coldskier0320
8 October 2004, 04:49 PM
OK guys, I'm not getting enough feedback here to keep the game going. I need consistent, stable player support to run an effective PbP game, and I'm not getting that from everyone. So what I'm asking, is that all of you report in here, just a simple post letting me know you're still among the living and wether or not you still want to be in the game. If not, dont feel pressured, your character can be NPCed, its just that in not posting, youre holding the game up for those of you who really want to play. If you're busy, I totally understand, just let me know and we can make arrangements so that your character can gracefully bow out of the scene.

We need to get moving, thanks for your cooperation. :)

cold

johnnyputrid
8 October 2004, 05:25 PM
(raises hand) Here, just waiting on the others.

Korwin Blade
13 October 2004, 02:03 AM
I am here just not sure what there is for me to say or do.

The Ghost
13 October 2004, 01:35 PM
still here, no deathstorms on the horizon.

coldskier0320
14 October 2004, 06:16 PM
OK, gentlebeings, thanks for responding.

And to all you who haven't responded, you have until nxt wednesday, 10/20 to respond in this thread, otherwise you will be considered inactive and your positions will possibly be refilled.

Ringlord816
15 October 2004, 05:47 AM
im here, sorry, RL got in the way.

coldskier0320
15 October 2004, 07:31 AM
Hey, its OK, I understand that things come up. No worries. :) Just next time,, take a minute or two (or ten, if you have slooo dial-up like me) and shoot me a PM explaining the situation, so I'm not waiting for ya, ok?

Vash Knives
16 October 2004, 02:27 AM
I'm here, and like johnny, waiting for others, as I have been.

And I personnally would not jump out the hole, just repel down with rope-since none of the guards had any....wait....the adhesives...could be like tape....then we could use a tape rope to go down...maybe. On the other hand, I may just be having one of those moments again.

coldskier0320
17 October 2004, 07:26 PM
Guys, dont wait for the others. We arent exactly having high-volume traffic issues, so I can assure you that your posting will be more of a help than a hindrance. So, if you have something to say, by all means, say it. :)

johnnyputrid
26 October 2004, 09:16 PM
Cold, you've done what you could, but I think maybe we should all face up here. This portion of Q:TU has pretty much died on its feet. Real life appears to have prevented this group from moving forward, and instead of trying to revive a corpse, maybe we should just let it rest in peace. It has nothing to do with the story or anything, just this particular group has stalled out. It happens.

I hate to be the naysayer, but despite the excellent work and premise, the interest just doesn't seem to be here. I'm gonna have to bow out of this one. But for the sake of keeping Q:TU going, I'll sign up for the Imperial thread, and help keep that portion alive and going. Sorry it has to be this way, and its nothing personal, but I'd rather focus my energy elsewhere at this time.

Ringlord816
27 October 2004, 04:54 AM
I'm also going to sign up for the imp campaign, as a player. I realized i won't have time to gm anything in the near future, so i am going to try to keep playing.

coldskier0320
27 October 2004, 09:35 AM
I totally understand, guys, and youre right, jp, i dont know what went wrong, but the mercs are a pretty much dead group. I'm mature enough not to take it personally, but thanks for the reassurance :).

So, it is with a sense of unfortunate reality, that I close the group. Perhaps I'll set up another to GM, or maybe I'll just continue to play, either way, its been a pleasant experience working with everyone here, and may your other SWRPG ventures prove much more fruitful than this one. I wish you all nothing but the best and I hope to continue to see you around the forums.

Clear Skies,

coldskier0320

The Ghost
28 October 2004, 02:59 AM
que sera sera.

coldskier0320
28 October 2004, 01:41 PM
Glad to see you got the news, Ghostie, its been great gaming with ya, another time, another place, perhaps...