PDA

View Full Version : Episodes VII, VIII, & IX?

XanderPaddox
3 February 2004, 11:21 AM
I was just sitting here at work bored out of mind like I normally am when a thought crossed my mind. Do you think that there will be another trilogy of Star Wars movies after Episode III is over and done with? On of the reasons for my asking is because of an article that I found on the Internet (given the possibility that this is not totally accurate):

Rob tells us that the December 2003 issue of the British movie mag HOTDOG has just hit the stands here in the U.S. and found several cool Star Wars related things. In particular, on page 12, here's this possibly amazing passage:

"No wonder Peter "Chewbacca" Mayhew is smiling. Not only has he been rescued from obscurity and given the chance to reprise his role as our Wookiee comrade for Episode III, but his contract also stipulates that he'd be required to appear in Episodes 7, 8, and 9.

Yes folks, seems there are actual whispers at Lucasfilm that the 'sequel' trilogy might be in the works..."

Now, I don't know how true this is, but it still makes me wonder.

:D

Xander Paddox: Your Resident Tapani Noble

Darth Fierce
3 February 2004, 02:54 PM
There has been at least one other thread concerning the idea of Episodes VII to IX. The general concensus from the thread has been "Don't believe anything about the such movies being created unless you hear it from Lucas' mouth."

Darth Fierce :vader:

Nova Spice
3 February 2004, 05:55 PM
Well, I'm the eternal skeptic. While it might be an interesting thought to entertain, I actually hope these films are not made. Unless they're made and deal with the Thrawn Trilogy or another piece of established EU, I don't think it will go over real well with a lot of fans. George knows trouncing over the EU, while within his realm of power, may not be the best for the Star Wars line.

I'm not holding my breath on this one. :)

BRodgers
4 February 2004, 04:04 AM
True..

I think what you would more likely see is an animated series or maybe, on the outside a tv series.

Personally, if they do either I would rather see it focus on new characters and their role in the galactic civil war, with occasional appearances by some old favorites strictly as "walk ons". I think there is plenty of room to build an epic story around the friinge elements who bring about the fall of the Empire in their own minor way.

Ooooooooo maybe a tv minisereis....that would be sweeeeeeeeeet!

Chris Curtis
4 February 2004, 07:19 AM
> Ooooooooo maybe a tv minisereis....that would be sweeeeeeeeeet!

Definitely. Think HBO's utterly fantastic Band of Brothers miniseries and that's what I would want.

Incidentally, there apparently has been talk about some sort of TV series after Ep 3 is released. Live action even, I think. We'll see what happens.

I think half the reason Cartoon Network got to do the Clone Wars microseries was simply as a way to indirectly gauge interest in a SW series, but maybe that's just me. (And I can't wait for eps 11-20 of that series)

BRodgers
4 February 2004, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by Chris Curtis
(And I can't wait for eps 11-20 of that series)

Absolutely Chris!

The series, despite some apprehension I think by the community, was really well done...if all we ever got after Ep3 is future animated series I wouldn't mind-as long as they follow the Clone Wars formula.

Given Lucasfilm's open mindedness when it comes to novels, comic books and other EU material, I think as long as there is a fanbase and interest (and a healthy bottom line) we'll continue to see much of the SW universe in the years follwing EP3's release.

Vanger Chevane
4 February 2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by BRodgers
Given Lucasfilm's open mindedness when it comes to novels, comic books and other EU material, I think as long as there is a fanbase and interest (and a healthy bottom line) we'll continue to see much of the SW universe in the years follwing EP3's release.

Partly as the Flanneled Emperor doesn't want millions of fans crazed by Withdrawal Sypmtoms storming his ranch. :P

BRodgers
5 February 2004, 11:35 AM
True....all of that humanity rubbing against the flannel...ooooooooooo the mind boggles.

:D