Good luck!

Haradim
4 February 2004, 10:59 AM
Let's give this a go :)

Tyrok
4 February 2004, 11:39 AM
Yeeeeehaw!!!
Oh...:rolleyes: sorry:o .

BTW, Korpil, Will you introduce us or should we?

Vanger Chevane
4 February 2004, 01:51 PM
Looks great. :D

But where & how does my character fit in here?

Gyp Ryol
4 February 2004, 03:26 PM
Oh sweet Mother of Pearl! Korpil, you rock hardcore! That was EXACTLY the intorduction for my character I was hoping for. Oh man! This is going to be great! I gotta practice typing in Gungan, oh, I mean: Meesa needen practice typen in meesa charactah. :gungan:

Korpil
5 February 2004, 04:27 AM
The passengers of the Peth-class ship can introduce themselves into the conversation, that is Lavidean, Khalos and Tobler.

As for Vooko and Kelvin, I'll try to fit them in the story ASAP... it won't take long... believe me! ;)

Vanger Chevane
5 February 2004, 06:24 PM
No Problem Korpil.

I replied to this thread before seeing your response in another.

Terras & I are lining things up to torment...er, entertain our pack of players, so a delay for that Dramatic Moment isn't an issue for me.

Gyp, regarding bonking yer noggin on the ceiling. You realize the eyes are the highest body part onna Gungan?

>WHAP< "Ai, meesa peepers!" :P

Gyp Ryol
5 February 2004, 06:43 PM
Yeah, I realized that. Yeesh. But I've found that when you stand up you tend to hit the back of your head on the low ceiling rather than the top most part. So I'm going with the latter, just to save my character some pain.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
5 February 2004, 07:27 PM
Aye copy that and and raise ya 5! :D

Am patiently on the lookout for the green light or bright signal flare in the sky horizon fading like a sunset... in the meantime, whistles to the tune of Sweet Home Alderaana :D

Just checking on in ;)

Haradim
7 February 2004, 12:17 PM
Dunno if you can (or want to) answer this, but I'm curious what other things our characters would already know about the mission.

And if there is any sort of posting order or schedule going.

Korpil
9 February 2004, 05:57 AM
I'm sorry for not posting during the weekend...

Well.. I certainly forgot a bit about this...

Tyrok and Gyp, your characters are searching for Warlon Nappa, a.k.a. the Reek... a famous Corellian slaver, supposedly detained by the Rebels and sent to a Safe World until he can be put on trial.

Haradim, your character just knows that they are looking for a criminal on the safe world, and that you must provide support and also keep and eye on the CorSec agents so they do not step outside their assignment...

As for Terras and Vanger, we'll start later today ;)

Korpil
9 February 2004, 12:28 PM
OK the second update which includes Terras and Vanger 's characters is out...

We will add a new player later, he will probably be part of the crew on the Gthroc where Kelvin is flying right now...

I expect your responses and enjoy!!!

Vanger Chevane
9 February 2004, 01:34 PM
Nice work Korpil.

I need to know how many silhouttes the bone drivers have.

Also, we have a shuttle or something standing by, or is the plan to engine-tape the target into the gunner's seat of one of the Y-W's?

Korpil
10 February 2004, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by Vanger Chevane
Nice work [b]Korpil.
I need to know how many silhouttes the bone drivers have.

??? :o What does that mean?

A smallish shuttle will arrive once they have confirmation of the TIE/sh being disabled...

Korpil
10 February 2004, 05:29 AM
I think that you're referring to how many kills do the Y-wing pilots have?

And people, let's welcome Ynnek Rellim who will be playing with us from now on... his character has the same name as his account.

He'll be playing a male Kel Dor soldier, and at this point of the adventure he's traveling along Kelvin Radegant on the Gthroc freighter...

Tyrok
10 February 2004, 07:44 AM
Welcome Ynnek:D !

Vanger Chevane
10 February 2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Korpil
I think that you're referring to how many kills do the Y-wing pilots have?

And people, let's welcome Ynnek Rellim who will be playing with us from now on... his character has the same name as his account.

He'll be playing a male Kel Dor soldier, and at this point of the adventure he's traveling along Kelvin Radegant on the Gthroc freighter...

Correct. Just how good are these guys beyond the Death Wish Ego Trip?

Welcome to the mayhem Ynnek, we probly have one of the most eclectic collections of characters I've seen in some time.

Gyp Ryol
10 February 2004, 05:40 PM
Sweet Force, Vanger! That was an incredible post! Depart from me, I am not worthy!

Haradim
10 February 2004, 07:28 PM
Another quick question:

Is there any particular way I should be referring to one Mr. Owen Marnek? Or are we just a couple Rebels sent forth to rebel and so forth?

Vanger Chevane
10 February 2004, 09:57 PM
Thanks Gyp. It just shows I'm an "Old Guard" Storyline & Character Development Player/GM. Rebel Group 2 just got a taste of how I write with the setup for Savan. :D

Originally posted by Haradim
Another quick question:

Is there any particular way I should be referring to one Mr. Owen Marnek? Or are we just a couple Rebels sent forth to rebel and so forth?

I would presume if it's a place safe from the Imps, you'd call him Commander, Owen if he allowed it. In public it would depend on his & your cover. In the absence of any information, I'd either call him Owen or Mr. Marnek depending on the situation...

Now Korpil's gonna post & make a liar out of me. :P

Korpil
11 February 2004, 04:32 AM

Correct. Just how good are these guys beyond the Death Wish Ego Trip?

They are competent fighters, not that much above average but they have managed to down 4 and 5 Imperials each one.

They were not boasting their egos, just playing to make the trip more enjoyable...

Another quick question:

Commander should be a pretty good title as Vanger said, even so he would be the same Rank as you are, he simply was put in charge of the mission this time.

Korpil
13 February 2004, 12:05 PM
I will be performing all rolls according to what coldskier determined.

As for the sabacc game, I'll give you the results and you'll need to roleplay it accordingly... I will be posting a large update tomorrow morning

Tobler, d20+10=16+10=26
Khalos, d20+3=6+3=9
Lavidean, d20+2=9+2=11

According to the rules, of whatever stake you were playing with, both Khalos and Lavidean give 1/3rd of it to Tobler.

Ynnek Rellim
14 February 2004, 10:33 AM
Hello all!

Thanks for the warm welcome and I look forward to playing.

Haradim
14 February 2004, 08:06 PM
should be a pretty good title as Vanger said, even so he would be the same Rank as you are, he simply was put in charge of the mission this time.

Got it :)

Do you want the sabacc related posts done before or after your update? And I don't think we were playing for keeps, though if the others want to do that, it's fine with me.

Korpil
16 February 2004, 08:15 AM
OK, if you're not playing for keeps, then Tobler, Lavidean and Khalos got the best hands in that particular order...

You can expand your descriptions as long as you follow that order...

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
16 February 2004, 10:53 PM
And the story continues to unfold.... :) Between the older sullustan and a strapping female wookie, Korpil, your spoiling me! :D j/k how ever long it takes to get all hooked up, is fine by me, i'm patient! (hope my char dosn't get into too much mischief, its not that big of a ship is it? :P )

Vanger Chevane
17 February 2004, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by Terras Jadeonar &amp; Raven
how ever long it takes to get all hooked up, is fine by me, i'm patient! (hope my char dosn't get into too much mischief, its not that big of a ship is it? :P )

Get into too much mischief and that Wookie will just stuff you into an Allsize Pressure Suit & tether you to the hull for the rest of the trip. :P

Tyrok
17 February 2004, 08:37 PM
To the gamblers;)
Are we playing a new round now, or rping that one?

Haradim
18 February 2004, 06:00 AM
Going through the first round, I do believe.

Gyp Ryol
18 February 2004, 02:17 PM
Yeah, it was my intention to play through the first round. I mean, why let dice rolls alone determine our actions? :D

Korpil
17 March 2004, 06:04 AM
I'm terribly sorry for the delay but I had so much on my mind..

Anyway, tomorrow's my last day at my current job and i'll be happily unemployed next Friday... I promise a big update for that day!

Tyrok
17 March 2004, 08:15 AM
Sorry to hear that.

Korpil
22 March 2004, 10:23 AM
I'm back!

Sorry again for the hiatus, but things start becoming back to normal... :)

Vanger Chevane
22 March 2004, 03:06 PM
Long, involved, helps if you understand some of the features of Deflected Thrust.

But I think you'll like it. :D

Haradim
22 March 2004, 04:54 PM
Yet another question :p

I am curious about one thing, while we are all arraying our characters in arms and armor. Are we tracking ammo, or do we 'just have enough'/'only run out sometimes'?

Gyp Ryol
23 March 2004, 07:05 AM
I also have a requset. Could we have a run down of the Dramatis Personea in the game, Korpil? I'm a little confused as to everyone's identity.

Korpil
23 March 2004, 08:52 AM
OK lets address all your concerns...

Long, involved, helps if you understand some of the features of Deflected Thrust.

But I think you'll like it. :D

OK, Vanger, one question, though, is that a Feat or something?

Yet another question :p

I am curious about one thing, while we are all arraying our characters in arms and armor. Are we tracking ammo, or do we 'just have enough'/'only run out sometimes'?

Yet another answer ;) I don't know how would everyone feel comfortable... I would go by the old rule that a 1 on the die means you need to recharge your weapon, but if you want to track ammo, it's OK by me.

Originally posted by Gyp Ryol
I also have a requset. Could we have a run down of the Dramatis Personea in the game, Korpil? I'm a little confused as to everyone's identity.

Certainly, now, I had all these in a file... where is it now?

Hmm... great, I did a backup of the wrong version... So I'll make it again, it's divided by groups and PCs are in bold:

Location 1 (Peth-class inmate transport ship)
Cockpit:
2 unnamed pilots.
Cargo area:
Lavidean Sallian. Male Human. Player: Haradim.
Khalos Odok. Male Zabrak. Player: Tyrok.
Tobler Grizbain. Male Gungan: Player: Gyp Ryol.
Owen Marnek. Male Human. Mission commander.
4 unnamed Rebel troopers.

Location 2 (Battered Ghtroc freighter)
Cockpit:
Kelvin Radegant. Male Human. Player: Terras Jadeonar & Raven.
Arbo Gund. Male Sullustan. Freighter pilot.
Dewova. Female Wookiee. Mission commander.
Crew cabins:
Ynnek Rellim. Male Human. Player: Ynnek Rellim.
Gion Lollombee. Rebel grunt.
Several other grunts.

Location 3 (Starfighter squadron)
Vooko Zeelas. Male Human. Player: Vanger Chevane.
Budek Leed. Y-wing pilot.
Eelek Leed. Y-wing pilot, cousin to Budek, but since they're so alike, everyone thinks them brothers.

Haradim
23 March 2004, 09:38 AM

Yet another answer ;) I don't know how would everyone feel comfortable... I would go by the old rule that a 1 on the die means you need to recharge your weapon, but if you want to track ammo, it's OK by me.

Either way is fine with me.

I just need to know how much attention I need to pay to my inventory (which I didn't pay much attention to in the first place :o )

Tyrok
23 March 2004, 10:30 AM
Can you tell us what we know of this planet?

Vanger Chevane
23 March 2004, 03:11 PM
If you're referring to Flector Flare, it's a design feature of External Thrust Deflection.

You use the flectors kinda like an adjustable hose nozzle, you can go from a low-pressure spray to high pressure stream fairly easily

Dissertation:

Way I see it, Compression can't be done for long without damaging the engines as it does increase the internal pressure & temperature inside the engine itself, as well as putting extra heat- and pressure-load onto the plates themselves. Hold it too long and you can seriously damage, or even rupture the engine, or partially melt/warp or relieve yourself of one or more plates.

With the flectors held together instead of pushing the thrust around, you temporarily trade maneuverability for speed.

Flaring them will let you drop speed without decreasing thrust, or increase thrust without gaining speed (usually prior to a Compression Burst), but again you sacrifice maneuverability by not having the Flector Plates aiming the exhaust in the direction opposite the one you want to go.

Flare/Compression can be used as a secondary method of speed control, but there are inherent tradeoffs and risks to the tactics.

The "tailfeathers" on modern fighter jet engines also flare & compress, but I don't know if it's pilot controlled, or engineered in as function of the throttle control.

End Dissertation.

Personally I know I have to track my missile count carefully while flying the A-W, Laser Power I'm not sure of. Personal Weapons use Korpil's Botch Rule.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
15 April 2004, 04:48 PM
ok, i'm back, was a busy few weeks, will get a reply post done asap!

Tyrok
19 April 2004, 09:50 AM
So... Where is everybody:)?

Vanger Chevane
19 April 2004, 02:15 PM
I'm still here, waiting patiently for everyone to post, resolve a possible issue by PM with Korpil, & see the next update from him.

Haradim
19 April 2004, 03:09 PM
I'm (kinda) still here.

Gyp Ryol
20 April 2004, 07:38 AM
Us'n's on the planet are waiting for Tyrok to post, or for Korpil to skip over him and post the next update. I'm intrigued as to how all these seemingly unrelated plotlines will resolve and come together. The suspense is killing me...

Tyrok
20 April 2004, 08:22 AM
I was waiting for Korpil's answer on what we know about the planet brefore I posted.

Korpil
21 April 2004, 07:01 AM
I'm terribly sorry... I went out on vacations and had a disastrous experience....

The special category hotel I went to, promised internet connections and they were not working... after we decided to leave the hotel for a number of reasons, the valet parking chopped off the wing mirror of my car... the next hotel did not have any kind of internet connections and I could not even use the phone line. After that I went to a beach in the Gulf of Mexico and the house we rented had no phone at all... and no cell phone coverage at all...

We just arrived yesterday and I promise an update tomorrow which will address everyone's questions... including Vanger Chevane`s PM and Tyrok's question on the mysterious planet.

Thanks for waiting and I apologize again for not being in touch...

Tyrok
21 April 2004, 09:07 AM
No problem, Korpil.
Nice to have you back.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
22 April 2004, 10:09 AM
Glad to hear those were the only things that went wrong on yer vacation Korpil. Guess Vacationing is still internet trivial these days, now the only other thing not garunteed besides the weather :P

and hey, in rebels#2, we're waitin on a couple people to post so, we're not going anywheres fast either :P such is the ways of post by play...

Korpil
29 April 2004, 04:23 PM
I gave the answer in-game, if you wanted to do anything else than just looking, please let me know to modify the actions

Originally posted by Tyrok
I was waiting for Korpil's answer on what we know about the planet brefore I posted.

Haradim
29 April 2004, 04:52 PM
I may just be reading this funny, but I think you might have a small mixup in your IC post. It seems to refer to my character as a CorSec agent ('delivered to Agents Grizbain and Sallian ', etc), which he is not.

Just wanted to let you know and clear up any confusion :)

Korpil
29 April 2004, 05:08 PM
Darn! I mistaked the names.. i'll correct it right away!

Tyrok
30 April 2004, 09:46 AM
I gave the answer in-game, if you wanted to do anything else than just looking, please let me know to modify the actions.

No, that's okay.
Thanks.

Gyp Ryol
25 May 2004, 06:09 AM
Refresh my memory. A Star Destroyer shouldn't be able to detect the space transport we came in if it was completely shut down, would it?

Korpil
25 May 2004, 08:10 AM
If it was completely shut down, the SD would not detect it... but since it has to "hover" to prevent any mutiny from the planetside prisoners, it's pretty sure it will detect your transport.

Gyp Ryol
2 June 2004, 10:44 AM
Ummm...are we waiting for anyone in particular to post? It's been a week since the last post here and in the IC thread. What's up with everyone?

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
2 June 2004, 01:08 PM
I dunno man! I think we all are waiting on an update?

Korpil
3 June 2004, 01:53 PM
I was waiting for Ynnek but I'll move forward....

Vanger Chevane
14 June 2004, 03:49 PM
Please do, thanks.

Korpil
15 June 2004, 07:47 AM
OK, I will move forward but I would ask for your patience... wife has been sick and will undergo surgery in the next couple of weeks... I hope to have the answer tomorrow but after that I don't know when will I be able to follow...

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
16 June 2004, 12:57 AM
Sorry to hear man! Hope things turn out alright for your family.

As much as gaming provides distraction from the real world, sometimes the real world dosn't provide much opertunity to be escaped from.

Tyrok
16 June 2004, 09:51 AM
Very sorry to hear that Korpil. I hope everything turns out OK.

Vanger Chevane
16 June 2004, 02:26 PM
Sorry to heat that, Korpil. Do what you need to do.

In the meantime, could the AGM step forward?

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
13 July 2004, 04:49 PM
Hey... Just checking in on things and making sure the thread down sink to far to the bottom...

I'm wondering, wheres the Co-GM Korwin Blade? I've no clue if either of ya gm's collaborated material or not, though the point of co-gm'ing is that there's redundancy...

As it stands, this game's stranded in some far out sector, and the life-support unit's failing, and there seems not to be a backup :P

Anyone else here that's even remotely interested in keepin this thing alive besides me & Vanger? :p

Haradim
13 July 2004, 10:03 PM
I guess I'm remotely interested...

But I have to admit, details on the game - and worse, my character - have started to get rather fuzzy in my mind :/

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
13 July 2004, 10:26 PM
Thats why I have all my character details, stats, and notes on file, and usually try to find a pic to resemble him/her...

but thats why I and vanger are prompting for the co-gm to step in... I and vanger may keep all our chars in longterm interest and memory but we can't expect everyone else does the same. this game goes inactive for too long and fades away.

For RG1, we keep on prodding the players when things start getting inactive ;)

Korpil
14 July 2004, 06:58 AM
I have to apologize. I've had a horrible month and just now things are becoming clear.

As for the co-GM, I lost track of Korwin Blade from the beginning, I will try to contact him and see if he's still interested, or else to try to recruit a new co-GM.

As for the next update, I'll do it today. Give me a couple of hours and it'll be done.

Gyp Ryol
14 July 2004, 09:56 AM
Thank goodness that games getting revved up again. I was getting worried about it being banished to the neverrealm, or perhaps something equally nasty. I'm also glad to hear everything's working out for you, Korpil.

Korpil
15 July 2004, 10:43 AM
Thanks Gyp!

Well, it was actually over a day and a couple of hours, but at last, we have an answer!!!

Thanks everyone for being so patient with me.

Korpil
2 August 2004, 07:32 AM
I'm PMing Ynnek Rellim right now... I'll wait for his answer until Wednesday morning and will post the reply that same day.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
2 August 2004, 09:59 PM
kool to hear yer keepin tabs on things Korpil ;)

Vanger Chevane
17 September 2004, 02:01 PM
Did Korpil lose his net-connect or did RL shift one of his Sabacc cards to Demise?

Do we all need to get out & push this thing to the nearest Starport?

KORRRWINNNN!!!

ANYBODY!?!

Gyp Ryol
20 September 2004, 06:12 PM
I'm here, though I'm just as mystified as you are. I have no idea where Korpil, Korwin, Haradim, or Tyrok are. I know Terras is still active elsewhere.

Vanger Chevane
21 September 2004, 02:24 PM
Good to know Gyp.

If the game is declared DOA we might be able to squeez you & the other players into a supersized Unified Rebel Team in RG2.

But this means that at best, Terras' & my chars become NPCs & we really can't play them like we (at least I) want to...

Gyp Ryol
21 September 2004, 05:51 PM
The plan to merge the two Rebel groups together sounds good, but I don't know how (logically) I could get Tobler off of some planet in the boondocks to wherever RG #2 is. If we were to merge, I'd probably like to make a new character.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
21 September 2004, 09:27 PM
Yer welcome to bring in your char into Rg2 if ya want... as for how he showed up there? call it "GM's fudge privelage" ... Tobler's a Gungan isn't he? (kinda forgot)... Sofar rg2's only got 2 non-humans... (1 player, 1 shared npc)

I'd likely give up my char and at most use him as an npc if needed every once in a while...

So, do we declare rg1 "lost in hyperspace" ??? Before we do, how many hands have made it over to the escape pods? :p sofar I think i only see the three of us...

Don't get me wrong, i don't wanna really lose this char or a spot as a player... just wanna see who's still all active here... ;)

though i will say this... rg2's fairly active, with someone or several posting almost daily... (depending what the situation is)

Gyp Ryol
22 September 2004, 12:02 PM
Hey, I've got no problem with high post activity. The other reason I'd have for changing characters would be the fact that Tobler was part of a two being team with Tyrok's character, so his effectiveness would be halved. Not to mention that it's been a longo time since I've played Tobler...

Vanger Chevane
22 September 2004, 01:51 PM
in the QTU: Merc thread, no idea if he's even bothered to check on RG1.

I've posted another alternative in the Campaign Thread, but would really prefer Korwin to step up and/or get some other full-on GM in here.

Korpil
23 September 2004, 07:04 AM
Hi there!

What can I say but sorry... I'm terribly sorry...

The facts that my work has taken all my time and that I haven't received a single e-mail from the SWRPGnetwork server are not enough excuse to justify my absence from these forums...

I'm seriously thinking in stepping down as GM since I cannot promise you more than a weekly update... but I hope we are able to discuss what do do as a group so this space is not lost in the void...

Once again, I'm terribly sorry.

Gyp Ryol
23 September 2004, 12:26 PM
Korpil, glad to hear from you.

Truth is, I don't know what's going to happen. As it has been already said, Terras, Vanger, and I are the only ones still kicking on this thread. I don't know what's become of Tyrok or Haradim.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
23 September 2004, 01:09 PM
well, i could do with one update a week... being theres pretty much the 3 of us here (dunno about the other few) it could go quickly...

red5_5
11 October 2004, 06:28 PM
Hello, everybody! I've been talking with coldskier the past couple days, and I have decided to take one of the GM spots. I haven't gotten a chance to talk with Korpil about it yet, but I think that this will be a good thing. This will be my first time GMing, but I have been playing the RPG since 1999, first with WEG, then moving onto d20. I have been roleplaying online for about a year and a half now, starting with Invasion of Theed, and I think that I have come a long ways. If you guys are patient with me, and we have a good relationship, then I think that I will catch on quickly. It might be pretty brutal in the beginning, but I'm sure things will smooth out.

First off, I need to know who is still around. So, just post here and we'll get a discussion going.

Secondly, Korpil, if you're out there, PM me and we'll work everything out.

I'm very optimistic about this and can't wait to get Rebel Group #1 jumpstarted. If you have any questions or suggestions for me, please post them here.

:D

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
11 October 2004, 11:03 PM
I think that would be cool red5, I'd be happy to see you taking the riegns :)

When ya want our char files (stats & background & pics), just say so. Sofar I think theres only me, Vanger and Gyp Ryol who's all still kickin around in here...

Might help to read through the game thread thats probably somewheres down on the next page or two of this forum, get a feel for our char types. So that makes three of us for players.

Couple things you already know about pbp games around here - when you've got a good and reliable group of players as per RG2, the game easily stays moving.

When it comes to running a game, firstly, it helps having a co-gm that you can talk to frequently such as i'm able to do with vang via p.m or instant messenger or e-mail. Helps iron out any ruts or delimas that can happen now and then. Also helps with figuring things out and any sudden changes of plan.

Secondly, you'll need to figure out how many players your comfortable running / gm'ing. Having too many players may become overwhelming when coming up with enough idea plans / plots for the game to keep them all busy. There's always that chance when recruiting for more players you'll come across the odd one that manages to always stall the game or drop off the radar. I think thats probably my greatest fear when accepting new players.

Well, hopefully you can get ahold of Korpil and see if what he had planned or otherwise re-start this game from scratch... Whatever happens, I do look forward to playing Kelvin again :)

Gyp Ryol
12 October 2004, 05:11 AM
I'm still here, all right. I'm just going to have to get used to speaking in Gungan again is the only obstacle I see. :gungan:

Vanger Chevane
12 October 2004, 02:00 PM
Good to hear Red5_5.

As far as Terras' & my characters go, just follow the link in Terras's sig, you'll find bout everything charsheet & such-wise there. :D

Keep in mind that RG1 may expand again as it is the "open" Rebel Group right now. As you know, RG2's got plenty of really good players and two shared NPC's with at least one more likely to be added to that list. ;)

red5_5
12 October 2004, 06:45 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

I've just recieved a PM from Korpil and we are currently discussing the campaign and it will probably take a few days.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on keeping the same storyline. I know that there are many characters that have no players and I just PM'd Jemma, a new player, about her character. So, please tell me if you would like to keep with the story or start over again.

I think that for now, having four players is ideal for me. I'm sure as time goes on, I'll be able to take on more.

By the way, cool characters Terras and Vanger! :D

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
13 October 2004, 01:04 AM
I'm fine with either choice red5 ;)

and i'll try not to drive ya nuts with my character :D

Vanger Chevane
13 October 2004, 01:55 PM
I'm good with either choice.

Remeber that we're also GM's who can help you out if needed.

The one issue I see with a fresh storyline would be to keep in mind that Kelvin & Vooko have not see each each other in a long time.

Kelvin might have heard of the incident with the Hearth andHome (check my background story here (http://www.rt-ma.org/SWchar/VC/story3.htm)) and believe Vooko dead as well as have information on the fate of the ship & crew that Vooko has been trying hard to find...

Jemma
13 October 2004, 02:58 PM
I wanted to drop a post introducing myself and thanking the group for accepting a new player. I also want to say thanks to red5_5 for stepping up to run the group, I'm sure you'll do fine red.

My name is Jemma, I am 28 years old and I have been gaming for about 12 years now. I live north of Boston, MA. I can GM but want to start out playing for now since I am new to pbp games. I should be able to post everyday unless work or life interferes but I shouldn't be later than every other day at worst. I am really looking forward to joining the group and playing with everyone. PM me if you there's anything else you want to know :P

My character concept is a mechanic who loves technology and can fix just about anything. She was orphaned and left to fend for herself on Dantooine when she met a young Rebel maintenance engineer who convinced her to join the Rebel Alliance. Now she is absolutely dedicated to the cause. She is open and friendly and just enjoys being around people although she is slow to trust new people she meets.

Jem :daala:

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
13 October 2004, 09:14 PM
Glad to have you join the group Jemma! Nice to meet you. ;)

I've gotten into rpg'ing, technically into sw & robotech rpg'ing little over four years ago. Its fun, addictive and i'm comparing it to kinda like taking part in writing a novel. Computer gaming (confined as usual) and Pbp is the only types of rpg'ing i've done...

Theres only a few slight differences between tabletop and pbp or pbem (play by email):
- game speed - things usually move at a slower pace... Unless everybody's hot on the ball and each manage to post at least once a day or more, then things can really fly! (it's been known to happen)

- descriptions / descriptiveness... the world's the limit on how descriptive you want to describe your player's actions. A couple words or sentances to several paragraphs (or how much you like typing) ;) Sometimes we'll affectionately refer to well written and fairly lengthly posts as "mini novelas"

- character's thoughts.. usually get handled in italics...

Do you have a physical description, i mean for your character? or have chosen a pic that resembles your character? Pictures are usually optional in these types of games. Theres SWAG (http://swagonline.net/) if finding a picture is of interest to you.

My personal preference, as with Vanger, we like to find a pic to resemble our chars, at most doing a bit of photo-manipulation to adjust slight details... Interestingly, Both mine and Vanger's choice of pics weren't from SWAG :p

Jemma
14 October 2004, 12:23 PM
Terras,

Thank for the welcome and tha advice on pbp games. Here is my description of Tia.

Tia is a pretty young woman although her appearance is often dissheveled from working inside cramped starship maintenance compartments. She is of average height and has a lithe, athletic body, which helps her to wiggle up inside the tight confines of the typical maintenance hatch.

Her long, dark brown hair, which falls in soft waves down to just below her shoulders, is usually worn up in a tight bun or ponytail on the back of her head. Her icy blue eyes seem to perpetually sparkle with an inner light even during those times when the rest of her screams exhaution or fatigue. Her face is delicate with high cheekbones and full lips. Her skin is light and soft freckles sprinkle her nose, cheeks, and forehead, peeking out from under the dark carbon soot and grease smears that often cover her face when she's been working.

When working, Tia can usually be found wearing a grease-stained, fairly form-fitting flight suit, work boots, and a pair of old leather gloves. When she's not tucked into some maintenance hatch she usually wears a pair of tight, black, low-rise, leather pants, with a blaster strapped to her hip, knee-high black boots, and tank top that she often throws a blouse or black leather, ribbed, flight jacket over.

Here is a pic:

red5_5
16 October 2004, 09:22 AM
Sorry for the little absence. I've been working on the school newspaper after school this whole week. But, I'm still talking with Korpil and getting everything worked out. I hope we can get this going soon. :)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
16 October 2004, 05:52 PM
red5 - Glad to hear! Hey, could we call this game Three Humans & a Gungan? :D j/k :P So, what's the word? game's gonna continue as left-off or gonna be remade anew or? Or you just gonna surprise us? ;)

Jemma - nice pic and description :) I'm guessing youve already read Kelvin's & Vookoo's backgrounds.

Should be interesting mix of characters no-doubt... A fighter pilot, an outdoorsman, mechanic, and cor-sec? I can't remember what Tobler is - would have to re-read the game thread or coldskier's roster... Most definately should be a great game waiting to happen!

Gyp Ryol
17 October 2004, 09:56 AM
Meesa a undahcovah agent! Is mooie mooie bombad! Meesa catchen stinkawiff sabaac cheaters and tossen em in jail. Okieday?

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
17 October 2004, 07:02 PM
"Roger Roger!" :btldroid: :D *ducks blasterbolts & energy balls*

Jemma
18 October 2004, 08:07 AM
Terras, where can I find the character backgrounds that you referred to?

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
18 October 2004, 11:58 AM
Quite simple, at least for mine - just click on the Kelvin Radegant thats in my signature - should be underlined and green indicating a url link. Its a page that has mine & Vanger's chars on it.

A mild warning in advance though - be prepared to be sitting and reading for quite a while, and don't be drinking anything... You may end up giving your moniter screen & desk a good wipe afterwards...

Hmm, going to tweak a few things in the background, now that i've went there and re-read through it ;)

Vanger Chevane
18 October 2004, 02:04 PM
I've gone through & re-edited my background fic. May have to do a few things to the stat sheets as well.

Good to have ya on board, Jem.

Both Terras and myself do tend to write storylike posts when reasonable as we believe that it's not only fun for ourselves, but more enjoyable for our fellow PCs & the GMs to read than posting stuff like

I'll do a fastdraw, blast him, then go through his pockets.

Takes a bit more effort, but it's more fun to reread some of my posts in this thread & IMHO really helps the flavor of the game & the sense that you are there, not just reading some dry debriefing. :D

red5_5
18 October 2004, 05:24 PM
Hey everybody!

I'm still waiting on Korpil to get back with me. I've sent a PM, so hopefully he'll PM back. If not, I guess I'll start working up a new campaign for you all.

Also, I am thinking about making a website for the group. Is that OK with everybody? I want to post stats and backgrounds on the page too, is that Ok?

:)

Gyp Ryol
18 October 2004, 07:24 PM
Sure, that'd be great! I just got your PM, but as it is rather late, I'll try and hunt down Tobler's stats tomorrow. Heesen arounda here somewheahs.

Man, I gotta stop doing that.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
18 October 2004, 11:23 PM
Ok, i've definately have gotten into the writing mood ;) and i'm working more on Kelvin's background story, expanding a few parts and adding to it... Whether I upload what 've got before I goto sleep I dunno. Or maybe I'll just hold onto it until I'm done then upload it we'll see... But sofar the outlook seems it'll be at least a *few* paragraphs more, if not an entire page or two before I call it quits ;)

Vanger and I both enjoy writing / typing... Vooko's story spans 6 pages, I think i've some catching up to do, now that I know the game's going to continue :)

I'll be sure to notify when new peices go online or whatever. sofar 4 new paragraphs and counting... ;)

Btw, Red5, mine and Vanger's stuff is already online ;) if you want to build a webpage for the group thats cool! whether you'll want link our char pages to the site or integrate them on-site, it'll be cool ;)

Vanger Chevane
19 October 2004, 02:42 PM
red5_5, you have a space & tools to buil the site?

If not, we can check with KS about putting up something for RG1 similar to what we've done for RG2 on the rt-ma site.

My background fic was mostly unplanned. I was trying to simply build a short paragraph or two similar to what Terras had originally done, but ideas kept popping up & most were too good to discard.

By the time I got everything wound up neatly & organized, it wouldn't really fit onto less than 6 webpages without being annoying to try & read. :D

I've revised & relinked my character pages, it all starts here (http://www.rt-ma.org/SWchar/VC/Bio.htm). I wouldn't expect my fellow players to author a mini-novella, but a neat paragraph or 2 of background included into the Bio format Terras & I collaborated on and are both using would be helpful. ;)

red5_5
19 October 2004, 02:49 PM
I use Microsoft Frontpage and I have some space, so I'll be working on that for a while. You can check out my webpage, but I'm in the process of reworking it offline right now.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
19 October 2004, 10:32 PM
Ah! the Holocon! I didn't realize :P

For one of the games i'm in (which is temprary on hold for the moment) I borrowed that holocron image as a reference layer to trace over in another to make a charcoal looking sketch of in a graphics program to represent a hand-drawn sketch on a sheet carbon paper :P

Well, gonna get back into typing more story and make a few grammar corrections ;)

red5_5
20 October 2004, 02:41 PM
Just letting everyone know I'm going to be gone on vacaton until Monday.

I'll be working on the campaign and will try to get it up and going within the next two weeks.

Ris
22 October 2004, 01:04 PM
I'm interested in this one if you still have room. All but one of the games I'm in are either ending or on indefinite hiatus.

red5_5
25 October 2004, 03:43 PM
Hello everybody! I'm back from my trip and getting ready to work on the campaign. I haven't heard much from Korpil, so I guess I'll be starting from scratch.

Gyp, could you send me your character background and stats?

Ris, I'm sure we can fit you in here. Just create a character and send it on to me.

Gyp Ryol
25 October 2004, 03:52 PM
Right, sorry. They'll be on the way soon!

Jemma
25 October 2004, 08:25 PM
I can't wait to get started!!!!

Vanger Chevane
26 October 2004, 01:42 PM
Red5_5, IMHO it's a better start from scratch than trying to piece things together from where we stood.

Welcome aboard Ris, good to have ya along.

Seems we'll need to "liberate" orselves a ship that can carry a coupla snubbies...unless Tobler or Tia have significant piloting skills, looks like Kelvin's driving. :P

Gyp Ryol
26 October 2004, 01:47 PM
Tobler only knows enough to toddle around on his not-so-luxury landspeeder. Starships are way out of his league.

red5_5
26 October 2004, 01:48 PM
After a little bit of thinking, I have decided that I will start from scratch. I was looking through the Rebellion Era Sourcebook and the Galactic Campaign Guide and I saw a few ideas. If anyone has those books, please disregard anything that shows up in game. I'm waiting for Ris' character and if anyone has any additions to their characters please pass them along.

Thanks!

Ris
27 October 2004, 04:45 PM
I'll be sending you my character later tonight. I'll be adding to the backstory for a while, but it'll be ready to play.

Jemma
27 October 2004, 05:56 PM
I can navigate and fix starships but piloting one is a little over my head. I suppose if we have an old junker starship I could fix 'er up. Would the Rebel Alliance loan us an old freighter for missions?

Jem

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
27 October 2004, 06:36 PM
Well i've +8 in pilot, though no ship ops feats... unless red5 can get us a clunker that can hold one or both snubbies, i guess its whichever one of us three who has the highest rank in pilot after the -4 penalty on ship-ops... Guess thats plenty of crossing yer fingers while the two snub jocks fly cover for us...

Its never gonna be a dull moment i suspect...
one pilot seat, one co-pilot seat, and a co-co-pilot seat and i think we'll be fine. and we're gonna want at least a turret or two, might increase our chances slightly ;)

Vanger Chevane
28 October 2004, 02:15 PM
I've currently got +12 till I hit Lvl 4, and SO: Snubfighter along with a +8 Astronav. The kid is good in snubbies. :D

Puts me at +8 on both & a likely candidate unless Ris' pilot has better, or we acquire another player who builds a Freighter Jock.

Ris
28 October 2004, 03:08 PM
Wynn has SO: Starfighter Ops, Pilot +13, & Astrogate +8.

red5_5
28 October 2004, 03:19 PM
I've got everyone's character stats, so I am working up an opening scene. I found an old WEG adventure and I'm currently working some of it into my plans. We should be ready to go by next week.

I'm sure that you all will have a starship or two by the end of my starting adventure! :) And I think that we have enough pilots to drive them all.

Vanger Chevane
29 October 2004, 02:02 PM
Umm...kinda come with my own ship. :P

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
1 November 2004, 10:07 PM
OOh, a WEG adventure ;) been collecting weg books for their raw & expansive material value , but never had the luxury or running or playing one ;) I'm definately looking forward to this :)

red5_5
2 November 2004, 01:53 PM
School has been hectic, but I'll be ready to go by Saturday. I hope everyone is ready to start off with a bang! ;)

Vanger Chevane
2 November 2004, 02:01 PM
As long as it's not part of my snubbie exploding, I'm set. ;)

I've recently had problems with Max6 crashing-upon-save so revising my snub pic is going to be some time in coming (fortunately I discovered I had backed up the .max file some time back).

With luck, Terras can help me get Max up & running so I can fix up my snub, possibly tinker with the Pilot Model a bit & maybe have a modjob or 2 for Ris. :D

Tho I do worry bout Kelvin's Transport Piloting. Somebody care to jump in as a smuggler or Brash Pilot with SO: Xport? :P

Edit: got the issue solved, a revised partial prototype is in my shipsheet. Still have a lot of work to do on my own ship & nother project or two, but at least now I can bash at it... :)

Talon Razor 'GM'
2 November 2004, 02:59 PM
Any room for another player? ;)

As I've played with Vanger, Ris and Terras, with Terras and Ris both in my campaign, I thought I should drop by and give this a swing. I've got a twin Far'ghul set (Ris should know 'em :D) that are con artists. One's a hotshot smuggler transport pilot and the other is a quick-talking entertainer. Vanger said you need a transport pilot/smuggler type so I thought they'd fit pretty well.

Lemme know if I can squeeze in.

Gyp Ryol
2 November 2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by red5_5
School has been hectic, but I'll be ready to go by Saturday. I hope everyone is ready to start off with a bang!

Yay! I can finally put a link for the Q:TU Rebel Group #1!

Hey, and Talon, the more the merrier! Two Farghul scoundrels would interact interestingly with a Gungan police officer. Bet no one saw that match-up coming.

red5_5
7 November 2004, 06:07 PM
Everyone, sorry for not getting the first post up yesterday. But, it looks like it will work out well with Talon expressing interest. I'll drop him a line and get his character soon. It sounds like his concept will fit perfectly with my openning scene!

Gyp Ryol
9 November 2004, 05:47 PM
Oh please please please let the game start soon! I've been dying to put that URL in my sig. It gives me such a sense of accomplishment...

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
9 November 2004, 06:43 PM
I'm chompin at the bit too Gyp!

*wonders where red5 is :P*

So, we're just gonna re-use the old thread or gonna get a new thread started?

I've already had the thread linked sincw wayy back... the original thread that is... but may have to edit it should there be a new thead started...

Gyp Ryol
9 November 2004, 06:45 PM
I would imagine a new thread would be started, seeing as the old one is titled "Destroyer of Worlds," which most likely isn't the title of the hair-raising, thrill ride of an adventure red's got lined up for us.

Vanger Chevane
10 November 2004, 01:44 PM
I'm expecting a new thread so ppl don't get confused with events Korpil ran blurring with the totally new story arc.

Destroyer of Worlds is a clear reference to the Second Death Star. I've also hinted at it in my background fic. My character has no idea what was in that freighter, only that it was obviously important enough for Intel to thoroughly wipe any trace of what it was out of his snubbie's memory.

I had written it up as carrying a significant portion of Death Star, independently confirming the Bothan Reports of the project, but not explicitly so the GM can play with that if they so choose. :D

red5_5
12 November 2004, 09:50 AM
Ok, everybody, I'm working on the opening post today and I should have it up tonight or tomorrow. I will be starting a new thread, so that the two different stories won't get messed up. Thanks for your patience.

I'm thinking that I'll try to get at least three posts up per week, if not more, but it depends on how fast you guys post.

Ris
13 November 2004, 02:29 AM
Good! Guess I'd better take care of what you asked me to on Wynn's stats, & get that & the snubbie to you

Talon Razor 'GM'
13 November 2004, 10:37 AM
Well, I'm looking forward to getting started. I want to see what Red 5 thinks of my idea...

I also have no clue what the background is but it sounds like we are starting over so that's good....

red5_5
13 November 2004, 10:58 AM
Well, we're ready to go now! Please give me feedback on the post. Hope everyone likes it so far. :)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
13 November 2004, 10:47 PM
Interesting openeing. definately not familiar with the adventure :)

Got the first gameplay post in since nobody felt like starting it... Well, lets go! lets not let this maiden voyage sink now shall we? ;)

red5_5
14 November 2004, 01:20 PM
Ris, Wynn's call sign is Blue 7 and Vooko's call sign is Blue 6.

I'm having some trouble with the base map, but I'm trying to work it out. I'll try to get it to you all soon.

Vanger Chevane
14 November 2004, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by red5_5
Ris, Wynn's call sign is Blue 7 and Vooko's call sign is Blue 6.

I'm having some trouble with the base map, but I'm trying to work it out. I'll try to get it to you all soon.

I presume Blue Squad isn't fully staffed and/or flying? Usually wingpairs use odd for the leader. Two flight would usually be paired 5&6, 7&8, with 5 as 2 Flight Leader, probly also 2nd in command of the squad. IIRC Tycho becomes Rogue5 after Bacta War.

This sound like a temporary pair based on who's still good to fly.

Can't post today without making assumptions about Ris' ability with Military Tradition & Decoration, will have to consult with her via IM first.

Talon Razor 'GM'
16 November 2004, 12:50 PM
By the by, if anyone wants to gaze upon P&T's grander, Bralt of SWAG drew up this lovely composition. The Twins (http://swagonline.net/view.php?photo_id=1043&screen=0&action=search&keyword=Paps+and+Taps&date=&type=search) The one on the right is Taps. And left is Paps.

Also, as soon as possible I desire to get rid of the YT-1300. That's not only a cliche but uber-tiny.

Wasn't sure how far to take them, so kinda had 'em prattle, like they do when they wanna irrate.

red5_5
16 November 2004, 01:12 PM
Great posts everyone! :) I'm still waiting for Jemma to post, so I'll be sending her a PM. I'll wait until tomorrow and if I don't get a response I'll push ahead.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
16 November 2004, 07:24 PM
With 2 starfighters, I'm only wondering if there's something that could accomodate them, that or they'll be spendin plenty of time in hyperspace in their cockpits :p

red5_5
16 November 2004, 08:14 PM
Well, it seems that everyone wants to acquire a bigger starship. I'll tell you now, that you probably won't be needing a ship for a while. But, when the time comes, you'll be well taken care of. :D

red5_5
17 November 2004, 02:06 PM
I sent a PM to Jemma yesterday and she hasn't gotten back to me yet. So, I'll be moving on tonight.

Jemma
19 November 2004, 11:02 AM
Sorry about disappearing there for a little bit. I have had to fly back and forth from Boston to San Francisco twice in the last week for work and hadn't had time to check on the status of this game. I didn't realize that we had started. I just put up my first post and will be keeping a much closer eye on things moving forward now.

Sorry again!

Jem

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
19 November 2004, 11:09 AM
Missing an update cab happen around this forum sometimes. Its the nature of PbP games. Nice post!

Ehh, I should get a post in also :P

edit: Hey, Red5's got an RG1 site up, and his website's been updated with a new look :)

Red - You gotta see the latest improvements on that A-wing. Still in a 'work in progess' but is really shaping up nicely ;) Engine glow and hull paneling on the engines now!

Vanger Chevane
19 November 2004, 02:03 PM
Yep, just follow the link in Terras' sig & check my shipsheet. The wee pic in the corner is clickable, check where it'll take ya. B)

I'm pleasantly surprised in the amount of improvements over the past week or two. Not quite finished, but very close.

Once I do think it's set, I'll have to follow up on Terras' suggestion & submit some renders to SWAG... :D

red5_5
21 November 2004, 08:22 AM
You guys are doing great! I really like the interaction so far. Jemma, sorry you're stuck on the ground, but everyone will be at the base soon, then this adventure will really start! I'll have an update up later today.

red5_5
21 November 2004, 04:33 PM
I'm having trouble attaching the Rebel Base map, so I decided to e-mail it out.

Vanger, Jemma, and Terras let me know if you got the e-mail.

Gyp, Talon, and Ris send me an e-mail if you want to get a copy of the file.

Sorry for the inconvenience. :)

Vanger Chevane
21 November 2004, 06:25 PM
Received and intact.

Can be put online with a blind URL if needed.

Talon Razor 'GM'
21 November 2004, 08:00 PM
Hey Red, my email is -talonrazor@gmail.com- if you wanna send that out. Just minus the little - (that's to keep spambots from generating messages).

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
21 November 2004, 08:33 PM
Yup, got the map. looks fine, reads clear... Well, save for is the base above ground sitting on a cliff? or is is sub-surface with only a a few fixtures above ground? ;) Just the way the grey part extends to the edge of the cliff edge, had me guessing there... (asuming the brown / green dividers is a cliff face...)

As for making maps and attaching them... A couple helpful handy tips and rules of thumb for ya ;)

- the attachment size here is only 1048576 bytes = 1mb.
- the map file is a *.bmp format and 2.5mb in size.
- when making simple maps like this in limited color and probably in windows paintbrush, choose to save the file as "GIF" format rather than the default BMP...
- gif format for maps like these only wiegh in around 16kb in size

its all about choosing the right image file format for the job. simple stuff like this, i always do gifs. sofar 100% of the Q:TU RG2 website (save for the background tile) is all in gif format for the graphics and the entire site web pages and all is only 1.3mb in size for 235 files...

converted map file to GIF format for ya, and its only 16k aprox in size. loads super fast for even people on dialup ;)

feel free to ask me more about image related questions ;)

Jemma
22 November 2004, 01:50 PM
Red,

No problem with the action being in space right now, I understand. As Pink Floyd would say, "condition grounded, determined to try". Also, I got my map and it looks fine. You're doing great!

Jem

Gyp Ryol
23 November 2004, 04:03 PM
Red, I'm still a little confused as to why Tobler is at the Rebel base. Could you maybe go over with me on that again?

Talon Razor 'GM'
24 November 2004, 01:02 AM
Attached is a collage of Junie. For those who haven't figured it out yet, he's based off of Junpei from Megatokyo :D.

Red, are Paps and Taps members of the whole Rebel shtick? I always have envisioned them as free-lancing, sticking wherever the money and excitment is. And with people like Wynn and Tia around, our rascals will be sticking around for awhile. :P ;)

Ris
27 November 2004, 05:54 AM
Red, no one knows who to go to about quarters. Do we just assume we were told where the newcomers were being put?

red5_5
27 November 2004, 09:44 AM
First off, Happy B-day, Terras! :)

Ok, now onto Ris' question: you can access the room assignments from any computer on base. A computer can be found in the lounge if you need one.

Ris
27 November 2004, 10:18 AM
good, then Jemma's post seems to have it covered.

Talon Razor 'GM'
27 November 2004, 12:01 PM
Hey, happy birthday buddy!

Man, that turkey slowed me down. I hope everyone had a great time. I'll get something up today, hopefully.

And Red is the Last Chance Paps and Taps? Or is it a leased ship, rebel ship, rental, whatever?

red5_5
27 November 2004, 12:14 PM
Talon, the Last Chance is a rebel ship loaned to Paps and Taps for the transportation of Kelvin and Tobler.

Talon Razor 'GM'
27 November 2004, 12:27 PM
Oh....

That changes a lot. Thanks, Red.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
28 November 2004, 08:52 PM
Just relaying a quick message from Vanger... been kinda busy and a bit under the weather - lack of energy for posting. might not be posting quite as often as he'd like.

I, myself have a fair bit of things on the platter this time of season, my responsiveness might not be as fast as i'd prefer, or my posts as lengthly / detailed...

Jemma
29 November 2004, 05:19 AM
Sorry everyone, I have been traveling quite a bit the last couple of weeks and just really got home yesterday. I should be home through x-mas now so I should be better about posting more often and hopefully more interesting posts.

Sorry!

:daala:

Talon Razor 'GM'
2 December 2004, 09:54 AM
Hey, Vanger,....er....when did I tell my cats to get into a drinking game with the locals? Now everyone pretty much assumes that they are off doing their own thing, getting wasted. Let's just let me do what I want with my own characters, ok? Besides, this stuff is like expensive wine. And I don't know who else is in the lounge.

So....yea.....please don't post for me, I believe I can handle myself in that respect.

I know it was probably just a simple error :D. Thanks! I'll get something up today.

Vanger Chevane
2 December 2004, 01:27 PM
TALON, You were the one posting IC standing on tables, holding glasses, & promising to buy drinks for all present. Drinking games is simply the next logical step for a fun-loving Farghul, especially if one can work in some friendly wagering...

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
2 December 2004, 01:59 PM
And I thought Vanger was just putting it mildly :P For someone to get up onto a table in the first place usually has had some drinks under their belt already. Holding glasses while standing on the table does further suggest that...

Talon Razor 'GM'
2 December 2004, 02:23 PM
Drinking games is simply the next logical step for a fun-loving Farghul

Ah-ha! But that is my step to take. I was planning on having them doing something but now I've got to alter it to fit in the vision that was already painted....

Jemma
2 December 2004, 03:44 PM
Boys, please don't fight. You both have very good points. Based on Talon's original post it did seem like the Far'ghul were starting a little party of their own (which is why shy little Tia went and sat with Wynn). It is easy to see how "party games" could be a logical next step but it is Talon's step to take if he so chooses. I don't think Vanger meant to push them in a direction they weren't intending to go but sometimes it happens. I have had posts go in the opposite direction I intended too and while it is unfortunate we need to adjust and move on.

We understand where you are coming from Talon, your point is well made and taken. Vanger, I understand that your post was not a wide leap of logic but please be sensitive to other people's characters and let's please move on.

Jemma spreads out her arms, c'mon .... big group hug!

Ris
2 December 2004, 06:36 PM
Jemma's got the right idea guys. The group hug's what we need. ;)

And Jemma it is so cool to not be the only gal RPG'er in the group. I've had a bit of writer's block on this game, plus being busy with everything from moving to working on SW costumes for the kids.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
2 December 2004, 10:55 PM
Hey, I'm in favor of hugs! *grabs Vanger & Jemma - one with each arm around by the waists* Group Hug :D

Yup, its double cool we've two lady players in this group!

Talon Razor 'GM'
2 December 2004, 11:07 PM
Eh, no worries. Vanger and I are all cool about it anyways. I worked it out in my post. Went a bit different then I meant but all's good. By the way, if anyone is interested, those lyrics are from a Celtic Lullaby. Gotta love the Celts.

*jumps into the group hug*

Jemma
3 December 2004, 04:47 AM
Cool beans!

*smiles at the boys and gives them all a big squeeze before looking over at Ris expectantly, motioning with her hand to come over*

Ris, I couldn't agree more, it's great having another gal around in the group, usually it's just me :P

I think your writing for this game has been really good. In fact, I've been pleasantly surprised and pleased with everyone's writing after I had to drop out of a couple of Play-by-Post games because the writing was just horrible.

Great job everyone!

red5_5
3 December 2004, 01:52 PM
I would also like to compliment everyone on the quality of writing in this campaign. Keep up the great work! :) I'll move the story along once everyone has a chance to go to their rooms and sleep. Then, the mayhem will begin. :stormtpr:

:skypilot:

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
7 December 2004, 12:06 AM
Heya Gyp! Where are ya? ;) I don't want us to get too far ahead, have ya miss out on everything and stuff ;)

Gyp Ryol
7 December 2004, 03:43 PM
Ugh. I'm here. Computer time for me is hard for me to come by right now. I'll be able to post every other day or so, but don't slow down on my account. I'll keep up...somehow.

Vanger Chevane
15 December 2004, 04:46 PM
Just got a note from Red5_5.

Hey, there. I'm sorry for my lack of posting, I've been terribly busy. I will be back on Friday, so if you could tell everyone that, it would be greatly appreciated.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled mayhem. :P

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
15 December 2004, 11:59 PM
heya. hadn't been meaning to be away this long. I've been out most of the week and a half sofar and been getting back fairly late and exhausted. The one day I was home most of the day i was kept busy layin down with a sizeable migraine.

looks like lots of us have been busy these past few weeks, and its kinda nice not being the only one. thanks to those who've been keeping patient with me. i should be able to have something posted by thurs night - just gotta finish typing it. (can't post unless the brain's still got some fuel in the tank. brain runnin on fumes can make for real lousy posts)

I know the holidays are gonna keep us all busy with family and friends for the next few weeks, so here's wishing happy & safe holidays and good times to all of ya in advance ;)

Ris
23 December 2004, 02:42 AM
Jemma, did you deliberately have Tia call the base Echo instead of Eden? I guess Tia really did get too much. :)

Everyone, have a happy & blessed holiday season.

(Judging from the weather report, I should be singing, "i'm dreaming of a soaked Christmas." There's a cold front coming through today that will prolly stall south of here, so Christmas Eve & Day are gonna be rainy.)

Jemma
23 December 2004, 05:16 AM
LOL ... oops, I guess I have been reading and/or watching too much Star Wars lately. I bought the new DVDs and watched them again to try to come up to speed with the rest of the group with regards to my Star Wars knowledge. I guess it is working ... a little at least.

Happy Holidays to You and Yours Everyone!

Jem

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
24 December 2004, 02:20 AM
well, merry xmas and so forth ;)

btw, i left the post totally open, so Tia could choose to do as she pleases - say good night or invite in, tell her story or whatever, it's all yours Jem ;)

Ris
27 December 2004, 04:59 PM
Vanger & I were just discussing this. Talon & Gyp haven't posted since 12/3 & 12/11 respectively, & Gyp's Tobler has been directly addressed by VC's Vooko.
Also, we've reason to doubt that it's just the holidays in Talon's case, since he (1)has had issues with 2 players, (2) has told me he thinks his pc's are too similar to someone else's & (3) has just disappeared from games without word for long periods before.

Also, VC & I have some more interaction planned for our PC's & it's on hold b/c Gyp isn't posting.

Whatever the reasons, you 2 should let everyone know if you plan to continue playing & if so when you'll be on.

For the record: VC saw this before I posted it.
Ris:marajade:

Gyp Ryol
28 December 2004, 07:28 AM
Sorry. I haven't been posting much lately, mostly due to the holidays and the like. And then I got KotOR for Christmas, so you know how that goes. Heh.

In any case, I was hesitant about posting due to the fact that I haven't seen red5_5 anywhere at all for the past month. Maybe I was hoping that by not posting I could flush red out. I dunno. Personally, I'm getting concerned over the lack of GM. Never fear, however. I'll post an answer to Vookoo's question.

Ris
31 December 2004, 01:24 PM
Gyp, you are right about Red. After you posted here, I realized I hadn't seen a post from him in RG2 for a while either, which got me a bit worried. To tell the truth, I hadn't been expecting a GM post from him for a bit, since his last OOC post said he was waiting til all the pc's were done for the night & then he'd take up in the morning, presumably. But not seeing him in RG2 either makes me wonder what's up. I hope it is just the holidays & he'll show back up shortly. As I understand it, this group's already lost the original GM(s) & it would be a shame if another one disappeared. We've got a great group of players & characters I think.

EDIT: I IM'd with Talon a few minutes & he is continuing with us. Lots of RL right now so it might not be right away.

It's one of my pet peeves in this kind of game that so few players & GM's seem to bother to post when they're going to be away, or just need/want to do something different.

Anyways, Merry New Year, everyone! :marajade:

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
4 January 2005, 12:24 AM
might be offline for a few days... dunno if i got hit bad by a trojan horse or computer component failiur. still have this ol' trusty laptop which i'm using right now, but my attention's gonna be elsewheres...

Gyp Ryol
4 January 2005, 04:56 PM
I emailed red a few days ago, and he got back to me fairly promptly. He apologizes deeply for not having been on the HoloNet for the past month or so. With the New Year, however, he is rarin' to go. red hopes to check in by Wednesday.

With your up-to-the-minutes updates, I'm Gyp Ryol, for TriNebula News. Good night.

Ris
4 January 2005, 06:37 PM
TJ, sorry to hear your computer woes were worse than you thought.

Gyp, thanks for checking up on Red. Glad it was only the holidays. I'm sure I wouldn't have been around nearly so much the last month, except that we couldn't plan anything that took more than a few hours, since My Hubby didn't know more than a day or so ahead when/if he was getting off.
Oh, your TriNebula News got a grin out of me. Vanger & TJ should get you to write their next GHNNN newsflash for RG2.

Funny, though how every game I'm in seems to slow at the same time--even when I'm not gaming with the same people:?

Ris :marajade:

Vanger Chevane
4 January 2005, 09:48 PM
Some manager with less than 3 neurons to rub together didn't bother to check we still work there & killed the account. Can't do more than stare at the login screen, probly till Sat. at the earliest, so I'm gonna be a bit slower than usual getting to stuff.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
12 January 2005, 01:31 AM
Well, i'm back and good to go!

The computer ailments have been cured, xp re-installed more times than i wanna count and plenty of migraines later...

There are few things as equally bad as having both a trojan and a bad stick of memory hapening with the same symptoms at once - and thats gotta be the countless times xp has been installed since the upgrade...

gotta admitt, after all that it was kinda tough getting back into the rpg posting swing & feel. just seemed kinda like a daunting task, having already been mind numbed from the previously mentioned task, specially after racking one's on brain for several days on end while the 14 return & exchange date on the reciept was ticking down...

am safe to say that it all is sound, secure and is checking out fine in diagnostics and extensive testing. and just re-installing stuff as i go on a as-is need basis ;) (and getting in some computer gaming time also, to enjoy the new upgrades after the headaches)

i really didn't mean to be kept away this long, and the season festivities only added to it :p

Ris
12 January 2005, 03:13 AM
You're back TJ, & that's all that matters. :) My work PC is down :P with a virus or something. Won't know until the Computer Genius comes in Friday. Since I'm being moved into My Own Microbiology Lab, I wasn't planning on having phone, internet or email at my desk this week anyways, but was planning on having my files & templates that I use for lab work available. So now I can't do a lot & my supervisor has trouble remembering that I can't work on some of this stuff until my hard drive is accessible. VC, please tell me they can likely recover the My Documents Folder & it's subfolders. I don't want to have to recreate all this stuff from the hard copies.

And I guess Vooko & Wynn will finish their talk tonight...depending on VC

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
12 January 2005, 11:40 AM
Thats an iffy 50/50 thing Ris, whether or not your work will be saved or not...

It really depends of the IQ and Genius level of the genius :P

Most computer shops just wipe the drive and re-install windows and then hand it back to ya with the bill. Theres a few that try to actually fix / repair it without having to resort to that or at least tell ya or try to backup the data before doing so.

I'm just saying this to let ya know that it could go either way. Techs that go onsite operate the same way - unless theyre operating under some policy that they're required to fix / repair with minimal damage done or disruption to the workplace's productivity.

Vanger Chevane
12 January 2005, 01:52 PM
Also depends if you get the Average Tech or an Improvisational Engineer who collects Unconventional Methods and Tools that simply get the job done despite what Microsloth wants. Also helps if the Fix-It Geek sees it as a personal challenge instead of "slap a bacta Patch on it & go bak to playing Evercrack".

Crapaq died again yesterday, sposedly have a temp extension for the rest of the month that should be permanent b4 Feb. Seems somebody's kid gets drug to work & has a merry time randomly delting ppl from the Employment Rosters, can't really count on anything other than they don't want some Veep finding out Beaterbox will consistenly outperform the nice new system in their posh office at less than half the speed & vastly less memory.

Every time I tuck it in the car, Cousin IT runs ragged making sure it stays in there, probly to avoid an Inquisition about why their system is so hideously bloated & bogged down compared to the one I personally maintain & never let them touch . :P

Jemma
12 January 2005, 06:38 PM
Hey guys, I will be traveling home for a funeral over the next few days so I will probably not be able to post much until Monday, sorry.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
12 January 2005, 07:19 PM
Sorry to hear Jemma.

The few of us will have to wait for red5 anyways, save for wakeup and possibly quick early breakfast in the mess hall before breifing (supposedly if we're still waiting on red5_5 by mid of next week.)

side note, Tia was wanting a goodnight kiss? maybe next time ;) i dont think kelvin wanted to risk offending tia on the first night (considering at first introductions went the wrong way), that and it probably didnt occur to him right at that moment. probably will be no shortage of opertunities to do so ;)

Ris
12 January 2005, 07:32 PM
I'm so sorry to hear your sad news, Jemma. TAke care & have a safe trip. I'll be thinking of you.

TJ, I daresay there will be many ops--and for the other pair as well. :) Maybe when Red gets back, he should add a female Mon Cal npc--wouldn't want Gyp to feel left out (joke)

Gyp Ryol
13 January 2005, 03:40 PM
Ooo, that poor Mon Cal! She'd never have any fun with a stiff like Tobler.

Ris
13 January 2005, 04:21 PM
LOL, Gyp. Does that mean Tobler's the Ideal Chaperone for what's starting to look like a Double-date?

I think he can convince folk of his sincerity. And Wynn at least knows Gungans aren't foolish.

Gyp Ryol
14 January 2005, 11:01 AM
I certainly hope so. Tobler's survived the reorganization of RG #1. I'd hate for him to end up dead so that Alliance security isn't compromise.

Tobler is an ideal chaperone and designated driver, BTW.

Jemma
14 January 2005, 11:02 AM
Thanks for the well wishes guys.

Terras, I am playing Tia as pretty inexperienced when it comes to men due to the fact that she was a slave during most of her teenage years. She is going to be a little awkward and shy at first with some romanicized notions of relationships. Remember her only "boyfriend" was the young Rebel soldier that took her off Datooine.

Vanger Chevane
14 January 2005, 01:29 PM
No worries Gyp.

It simply means Tobler will have to face being a full-time Rebel as going back to CorSec would be extremely unhealthy for him, as well as a disaster for the local Rebels.

Presumably he's already been cleared & is trusted by Alliance Intelligence, so that will definitely carry in his favor making that transition.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
15 January 2005, 02:18 AM
Poor Mon Cal I agree... But what about poor Tobler if red5 decides to add in a female gungan that's sweet as a hunny bunny? that just cant leave tobler alone? ;) >insert looney toones whacky crazed female chasing male room to room zig-zag through an endless corridor scene< :D j/k , couldn't resist ;)

Ris
15 January 2005, 03:56 AM
TJ--I was thinking a classy Quarren lady, if he didn't fancy Mon Cal. ;)Though I can't imagine him not wanting the Mon Cal dancer I saw on Starwars.com in the Art of Revenge feature. Not sure it's enough to cure TJ's Twi'lek fixation, however...
(I don't have a link, alas, right now. )
Love the Olde-Tyme Warner Bros. imagery, too. My Hubby calls the gaming sitch of players doing something that the GM doesn't expect, "Taking a left turn at Albequerque," after Bugs' usual comment when he travels and gets to a Very Wrong destination.

Jemma, don't worry about Tia. Wynn is an experienced older sister/girlfriend. If Tia needs advice, someone to exchange confidences with, and so on. ;) ***

***Guys--I already warned you that having multiple female players can be scary even for Tough Men 8o

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
15 January 2005, 01:10 PM
you mean this pic... (http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/bts/artofrev/2004/10/img/ep3_art_4412.jpg) ;) Yep, I seen them, most of them I think. Quite an eye catching / teasing pic I must say,

hmm, what about a female Trandoshan? (http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/images/species_images/thumbs/trandoshanfemale_final.jpg) well, alright, maybe not the best example as this one comes of looking more like a dominatrix, or very much a Baronness.

Ris
15 January 2005, 01:41 PM
Yes, that's the one.

Y'know it's a lot of fun playing playing matchmaker for Tobler. It's starting to resemble a concept for a Holo-Network's latest reality show, a daring cross between the Survivor clones and the Who-Wants-To-Marry____ clones:
An elite Rebel Commando team chooses, from amongst several volutuous beauties (or hunks--as appropriate), the being who will become the Life-mate of a fellow-Rebel. They will eliminate candidates through a mix of clothing competitions, talent acts, and crazy challenges--while at the same time eluding/outwitting the assortment of Bounty Hunters and Imp Operatives who caught last week's episode--or at least the promos.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
15 January 2005, 03:10 PM
OOOhhh! that does sound like fun :D

Or what about this lovely petite contestant right here? (http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/images/species_images/thumbs/rodianfemal_final.jpg) She's even got a spear in her hands and is ready to go hunting, catch the day's meal! Someone for Tobler that could hunt as well as cook. Now imho, for tobler she'd be quite the catch ;)

Vanger Chevane
15 January 2005, 08:09 PM
Careful there, buddy. I'm the one that speaks Rodian, remember? :P

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
15 January 2005, 11:01 PM
ok then, since I speak sulllustan, you can find a sullustan contestant then, my good buddy... And then when we try to speak to them in their native languages as we introduce Tobler to them, and they look at us really funny, at least we'll know for sure one or both of us really screwed up... :P

I'd picture it going something like this:

Kelvin to Tobler, out of everyone's earshot: Hey Tobler, from what vookoo was telling me, I hear Rodian ladies really like hearing how great a hunter you are, so I'll introduce you by saying this: Icha na goota komishihwan!

Couple seconds later, after the line was spoken, female rodian gives both Kelvin and Tobler funny glances then laughs hysterically and walks away...

Vookoo slaps kelvin on the back of the head then discreetly interprets the exchange...

Kelvin: Whaadya mean we got three testicles?!?

Vookoo: ya nukvunt, the line was supposed to be: ichna atoonga kowanishmi!

kelvin: whoops.....

lol, j/k... somehow i just had to parody that royally hilarious scene at the end of "My Big Greek Fat Wedding", where the groom proudly exclaims to his new greek inlaws and didn't realize he screwed up and actually said something along the lines of "I've got three balls!"

Gyp Ryol
16 January 2005, 06:54 AM
:raised:

You all are sad, sad people.

Ris
17 January 2005, 04:05 PM
Gyp, have you heard any more from Red 5_5? Didn't he tell you last week?

Jemma
18 January 2005, 04:29 AM
Hi guys,

I'm back home from the funeral and I'll try to post something today. Sorry for not really being around for a few days.

Jem

Gyp Ryol
19 January 2005, 04:12 PM
Welcome to Gyp's Answering Machine Service. You have no new messages and one old message. BEEEEEEP!

I am deeply sorry for not being on the holonet for a long time. I would like to let everyone know that I have been very busy, but now that the year is over I am ready to go again. I'll check in by Wednesday, so tell everyone. Thanks for the concern and I'll get Rebel #1 back on track. Thanks again.

Sunday, January Second. End of messages. BEEEEEP!

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
19 January 2005, 04:18 PM
oy. guess i'll get on the horn and try red5 .... gm in this game and player in rg2 :P

Talon Razor 'GM'
20 January 2005, 01:15 PM
A lone figure staggers in, worn and haggard

Wow. First things first:

I'm really sorry I didn't get word to you guys. It was really bad of me to drop the ball for everyone and I'm sorry.

I'll spare you the reasons WHY (like becoming an editor-in-chief of a newspaper and attempting to manage this huge and completely brand-new staff) but rest assurd that these past few months have been grueling. When you get really busy, a few things have to go and as much as I love RPGs, they are the first to go. Lowest on my priority list.

HOWEVER, life is petering out a bit more. I should be able to make brief posts every week. Sounds like I haven't missed much as the GM was out as much as I was. I'll get re-aquianted with the situation and post sometime on Sunday or Monday night.

Sorry again everyone!

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
21 January 2005, 03:07 AM
good news! got word from red5, we should be see'ing him in a few days, as he was busy & tied up with school ;)

Vanger Chevane
21 January 2005, 01:46 PM
Just what kind of school is he going to?

Nevermind, I don't want to know. :P

Ris
21 January 2005, 02:12 PM
Maybe the 1 Tetengo Noor (RG2 NPC & future NR A-jock) attends?

red5_5
22 January 2005, 06:20 PM
Hello everybody! Sorry for the long absence, RL has been brutal. It seemed like all I did was wake up go to school, do homework, then go to bed. Now that the semester is over, my workload is down. I'll have a new post up tomorrow. Time to get this show on the road! :D

red5_5 :skypilot:

Gyp Ryol
22 January 2005, 09:00 PM
Hallelujah! Good to see you again, red!

However, I am going to have to call off the audition for your replacement. All those young hopefuls are going to be so disappointed...

red5_5
27 January 2005, 01:45 PM
I'm just waiting for Gyp and Talon to post. I'm giving them a little time, but I'll have a post up later tonight or tomorrow.

B)

Ris
29 January 2005, 06:57 AM
I'll have a brief post up later this weekend. As some of you know, I & my family have been very under the weather the past week & am really not up to composing much.
Red, I've given VC the OK to handle Wynn if need be, so I don't slow things down again or miss something. He knows what I've been planning.

red5_5
29 January 2005, 01:22 PM
Ris, I hope that you're feeling better. Get well soon!

Jemma, Tia fell hard onto the ground, but there was no VP/WP damage. She can still walk fine, but will have a bruise on her forearm.

red5_5
30 January 2005, 07:03 PM
Sorry for taking away your starships. I promise you'll have them back.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
30 January 2005, 07:26 PM
I guess this is kinda where that map comes in handy now.... had to do some digging, quite a few pages back...

map (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=199390)

wasn't sure if anyone saved it to hd or saved their e-mails way back when. I'm asuming red5's going to toss up another one once we get under way?

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
31 January 2005, 12:57 AM
Hey Gyp! Ris! I found something for Tobler :D

possible match for tobler (http://www.swagonline.net/view.php?photo_id=2790&screen=0&cat_id=60&action=images) ;) Hey, dont thank me, I didn't request it ;P

Gyp Ryol
31 January 2005, 05:54 PM
Nope. Too much flesh being shown on that harlot to suit Tobler. Best try again.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
31 January 2005, 08:30 PM
Ok Gyp, we'll keep on trying :) I only figured since she's female gungan. was worth a shot! :P

I'd almost think of putting a request over at SWAG to have something suitable of a match drawn for Tobler.... But thats something you'd have to do yourself, since your the only one who'd truly know what you and Tobler would like ;) If you make a request at swag, let us know so we can stop looking! ;) (on the flipside, I think Ris & I are having fun looking for Tobler's suiter)

Ris
12 February 2005, 05:52 PM
For the most part, jus' a bit 'o babbling to keep this on p.1 8o
I'm busily stitiching away on the flak vest for my X-wing jock costume. I hadto take a break--it's a lot of stitching even on a machine. So you guys & gal may eventually get to see what "Cinowyn" really looks like. I've got the costume far enough along that My Hubby says I
"look pilot-y." After I finish the vest, all i'll have left to do are the straps. My Hubby is handling the helmet.

Whilst moi is thinking about it, Red, how long are you gonna wait on Talon.

JediMasterMahan
14 February 2005, 08:43 PM
Okay hello everybody (Newb) I just noticed the two seperate threads and just waiting and watching your guys work.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
14 February 2005, 09:56 PM
Hi JediMasterMahan !

Hey, we got ourselves an audience =) By all means, feel free to read the rest of the Q:TU game (and other games) threads. Its nice to know theres people reading and enjoying our games as much as we ourselves enjoy participating in them :) First time we've ever had some audeince feedack too ;)

Yeah, theres both IC (in character) and OOC (out of character) threads for lots of these games...

hopefully things will get back on the ball shortly...

JediMasterMahan
15 February 2005, 12:22 PM
Are there any pictures of your characters?

Vanger Chevane
15 February 2005, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by JediMasterMahan
Are there any pictures of your characters?
Several we have here (http://www.rt-ma.org/QTU.htm), Red's got something of a groupsite up, page back a few & you should find the URL.

I even did a lot of tinkering with 3dsMax, with Terras as my Igor, to build a close approximation of my Custom Snubbie. :D

It's linked into my character & shipsheets. Many of the small pix are clickable & linked to larger ones.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
15 February 2005, 01:45 PM
Red5's page was up some time ago: The Holocron (http://theholocron.netfirms.com/) buit checked today and is pretty much a blank page. must be reworking it or something ;)

I've been tinkering with Wynn's pic for some alterations by request, just hadn't the time to finish it yet. (had gotten behind lately in several other photo projects lately) Tia's pic and description this one right here (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=196273#post196273)

They'll all probably be put onto red5's site sooner or later. Thats usually the purpose of having a group site, so we all dont need to dig through this occ thread ;)

Gyp Ryol
15 February 2005, 05:42 PM
As soon as red deigns to make an appearance...

red5_5
19 February 2005, 06:46 PM
Sorry for the absence. Update will be coming tomorrow! :)

Ris
20 February 2005, 03:04 PM
That's good to hear, Red. Looking forward to it.

Next time, please give us a head's up.
It's perfectly fine to post "I've got exams/the flu/vacation/whatever & it'll be such-&-such date before I'm able to move things along." Or you can IM/PM/email someone to do so for you.

Vanger Chevane
21 February 2005, 01:33 PM
An old piece of wisdom for you: The trick is "Grow old, not up".

As someone else once told me "We are still playing Let's Pretend". :P

Ris
21 February 2005, 02:41 PM
Happy B-day, Girlfriend!

"Grow old, not up." I like that. I'm going to be like the Grandmother in Disney's Mulan I & II. If you've seen the first one, you know exactly what I mean!

Gyp Ryol
21 February 2005, 02:46 PM
Happy birthday! The Ewok singing telegram should be arriving shortly. :D

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
21 February 2005, 04:34 PM
Happy B-day Jemma! "Feel young, forever young!" (feeling old is for when your feeling under the weather) ;)

Jemma
22 February 2005, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone!

Unfortunately, I am feeling old because I am under the weather, nothing a little R&R in a Bacta tank couldn't cure though :)

Ris
22 February 2005, 03:10 PM
I hope you feel better soon, Jemma.
I often think that a Jedi Healer would be a useful addition to my household, as often as we have someone ill.

Jemma
23 February 2005, 09:36 AM
Thanks Ris, I am feeling much better already today.

Ris
26 February 2005, 03:19 PM
Red, I hope nothing else's come up. It's been a few days since you promised an update. Still looking forward to seeing it. Do we need to have our equipment listed out and be ready to move out for this one?

Jemma, Glad to hear you're feeling better. I think it's just that time of year.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
26 February 2005, 07:10 PM
glad to hear Jemma ;) , especially hearing that a new strain of influenza has reached up north here, from california...

I used to catch everything (colds, flues, virals, etc) that came this way... I've found a few years ago that minimal daily intake of citrus helps in a big way in warding off flus... Havn't caught anything this season yet, and am finding that i rarely do anymore...Suppose it dosn't hurt wearing those thin gloves that is great for driving, when downtown (being its winter here)... Its usually the little things like that.

coldskier0320
28 February 2005, 09:52 AM
Hey all. I've been talking to both Ris and Vanger for a while now regarding Red's absence. And, since I was prepping a Rebel adventure anyway, I'd like to make you all an offer.

If its okay with everyone here, I can take charge of Rebel group 1. You'll all ahve to backtrack a little, but once i read the IC thread, I can tell you exactly where to back up to. Basically, the last few events have mussed up the transition, so id like to go a little bit back so i can make the story work.

Sound Okay to Everyone?

cold

Vanger Chevane
28 February 2005, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by coldskier0320
Hey all. I've been talking to both Ris and Vanger for a while now regarding Red's absence. And, since I was prepping a Rebel adventure anyway, I'd like to make you all an offer.

If its okay with everyone here, I can take charge of Rebel group 1. You'll all ahve to backtrack a little, but once i read the IC thread, I can tell you exactly where to back up to. Basically, the last few events have mussed up the transition, so id like to go a little bit back so i can make the story work.

Sound Okay to Everyone?

cold
You're on, just tell me where to park my Caf Cup. :P

Gyp Ryol
28 February 2005, 04:11 PM
I'm cool with that. Take us away, coldskier!

JediMasterMahan
28 February 2005, 05:46 PM
You guys leaving? :( And I was just about to join.

coldskier0320
28 February 2005, 06:24 PM
Noone's leaving, J2M. Only a GM change, a transfer of power, if you will. I'm taking over where red5_5 appears to have left off spinning the yarn of RG1. Have you PMed him about joining? If not, check out the Quadrant thread in the trader's infonet for the procedure for joining the game.

Unfortunately, as of now, I will not be taking on any more players in this group. After I get a feel for both game and gamers I may decide to take on more PCs, but until then, I'd suggest either finding another group or starting your own. Especially of use would be more GMs willing to assist the others in their respective games.

Thanks,

coldskier

To the Rest:

Throughout the afternoon/evening, I've been doing some brainstorming. I know pretty much how i am going to handle the adventure, but I'll have to read this whole lthread for more info on you guys (at least skimming over it). If I could just have everyone chime in here to let me know they're still alive, with the name, and short dossier (read: SHORT) of their PC. :) This way I can get a better feel for the committe as a whole. (Waits for the chorus of "I am not a committee!" yells...;)).

Also, anything else you could tell me that would help me is greatly appreciated.

Thanks Also to You All,

coldskier

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
28 February 2005, 08:45 PM
heya cold ;)
1. check a page back or so... has the link to Tia's bio (provided for our newer audience members)
2. check my sig, has both mine & vangs char pages in the url.... (side-note, the background was kinda a work in progress, just hadn't gotten around to working on it further. if any questions / ideas, feel free to p.m me)
3. definately read the ic...
4. you'll have to collect some of our char stats

so, like how far back are we rewinding? i've not any problems with that, just will feel kinda awkward i must say (omg, this has turned into a futuristic alternative time-line that's going to be re-worked, rewound, and with events that has never happened. they do that once in a while in tv serries :P)

In a nut-shell, I'm playing Kelvin, who grew up with Vookoo, which they pretty much shared the two moms in lack of fathers. He's talkative, enjoys regailing personal stories of past entertaining exploits & adventures, is the woodsman out-doors type / minded. Part time goof-ball, and an all-around nice guy once ya get to knowing him... And of course, theres Tia, who Kelvin brushed the wrong way (as with everyone else upon first greetings) but has since then apologized and getting along with quite well...

coldskier0320
28 February 2005, 09:17 PM
Okay, so its about 0115 in the AM, and I've just finished reading the better part of 9 pages of excellent roleplay. All in all, we won't have to backtrack too far (at least not in my opinion). Basically skip back to the post where Red is telling you all about the condition of the hangar bay. I'll re-post that and we can roll right on from there. I hope to get the post up tomarra morning.

On that note, yes, I'll need everyone's stats sent to me, either via PM or at hydrospanner243@radio.fm. I'll take whatever you can get me, though i really, really rpefer the standard stat-block format seen in the RCRB and also the initial paragraph that the Okina-rdae Generators spit out.

Other than that, I cant really think of anything. Look for that post sometime tommara morning.

cold

Vanger Chevane
1 March 2005, 01:49 PM
I'll rerun Vooko through TPTCBN & hide a statblock into my online charpack.

I've also got to get Wynn's section started on RTMA, possibly Jemma's & Gyp's if they & you want it.

coldskier0320
1 March 2005, 05:13 PM
Many thanks, Vang. I would love the sections of all the characters on your excellent site.

Also, whats the status report on Talon? If he isn't showing, I can phase out his characters, which could be phased in at a later date. I understand he's been fairly busy of late, so if he can't keep up I'd rather do a phase out than to NPC them. If he gets freed up later, we can always do a reintro. Sound okay, Talon? Everyone else?

Gyp Ryol
1 March 2005, 05:23 PM
Gyp Ryol Productions is proud to present:

[Trumpet fanfare]

Tobler Grizbain
A deviation from the standard Gyp Ryol quirky character

Tobler Grizbain is a Gungan hailing from Corellia. He currently serves with the Corellian Security Force, which he has been a part of for little over a year now. Tobler hasn't had it easy, being subjected to all the stereotypes that seem to haunt Gungans everywhere. Tobler tries as hard as he can to fit in, even hiding his Gunganese accent. He hopes to rise to pretigious levels within the orginization of CorSec, but the influence of the Empire and their anti-alien policies, along with Tobler's natural predisposition towards justice and fairness, have caused Tobler to be supportive of the Rebel Alliance's cause. If given sufficient reason, Tobler may shift allegiance.

And that's the end of our show! (Bum.)