PDA

View Full Version : OOC: Q:TU Rebel #2

Pages : [1] 2 3

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
5 February 2004, 01:54 PM
The oficial Rebels 2 lounge thread!... Grab yourself a Lomin Ale or Blue Milk (or mix'em both and call it a Blue Starburst), kickback on the couch, see what's on the vid-screen, and relaxe!

Dr_Worm
5 February 2004, 02:07 PM
So GM's...should we wait unitl we all meet before we post some kind of bio?

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
5 February 2004, 02:20 PM
Yup, that is the idea. the html sheets are not goig up until your all aquainted with ingame.

red5_5
5 February 2004, 03:32 PM
Sorry for taking so long to get going. I've been pretty occupied this week. I wasn't home Tuesday, and I was sick yesterday and today. Sorry, but now I am ready to post more frequently.

:)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
5 February 2004, 03:36 PM
Lets hope to hear from you more regularly. If you cant get time for a post at least nofity one of us or drop a note here... We've got the initial game plans set for the current dynamic of the group. Losing one of ya will be a headache and require hasty re-planning to recompensate. each of you bring a unique & diverse set of capabiliies to the group. Hence, each and every one of you are important! :)

Ronin
6 February 2004, 05:27 AM
Okay.
Checking in.
When do we get the green-light for e-mailing again...?
Presumably after you (Terras) post a reply to our insane mutterings in the IC thread...?

Dr_Worm
6 February 2004, 07:58 AM
On a character note, my character's name is pronounced with a german "w" which sounds like a V. Her full name is pronounced "TROYkav'eera" and her Name to non Twi's is pronounced "Troykav".

Anyway...just if you care.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
6 February 2004, 02:12 PM
Insane? naw. thats all great character color & definition :)

Next update will probably will be out no later than sunday night... possibly and most likely sooner! (so keep checking in!)

Your all on the right track and i'm happy to see you all have the drive & motivation for it :) keep up the good work! (and keep on prodding us gm's also :) )

Some updates will have alot of ground to cover, some updates will be quick and minor like brief pauses for dice rolls, etc. Stuff like that could make for several mini-updates in a week's spanse. (I and Vanger converse daily or nightly over yim or aim almost 6 out of the 7 days in a week)

It's quite simple. Everyone posting constantly will mean that much more can be done in a month's time frame. A game update lumbering slowly over 2 weeks will mean less and simpler objectives to compensate.

Ultimately it comes down to you players. Some times slack can't be helped, as things do come up - life happens. Though on average, if things are kept at a consistant pace, the game experiance will be more rewarding in many more ways than just one :)

At this rate, this group's gonna become a speeding freight train barreling along the tracks! (or a bullet train skimming over magnets)

darth_wyld
6 February 2004, 02:19 PM
Ok... off to bed, the sooner will be sunday :)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
8 February 2004, 12:05 AM
I'll proudly eat my words about getting you that 2nd update by today :) With a little luck, perhaps a bit later today will actually be the third update Woot! And if an update isnt out by sometime later today, there should be one no later than a couple days ...

It all depends what happens after I wake up (3am CST right now)... may have to drive grandmother's sister and brother-in-law from the hospital... he's 90 yrs old and pretty much on borrowed time... So, I guess see what happens tomorow ;)

One last thing, It's been a long time since i've been in or ran a pbem/pbp type game that responds this quickly. (the update freqency in my njo pbp game is about every 3 weeks, i wish it were like this group ;) , aww heck, i'd easily swap out the lazy 2 players for you people ;) )You're all doing a great job, excellent posts and keeping frequent tabs for updates! Keep up the good work! there's definately going to be bonuses in store for ya all :)

darth_wyld
9 February 2004, 10:09 AM
Terras: Coldskier posted in the general Q:TU thread, that all die-rolling should be performed by the GMs. Are we changing to that?

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
9 February 2004, 01:37 PM
Guess thats an affirmative darth_wyld ...

I dont mind a little bit of extra dice rolling ;) Guess you all will need be thinking what, and if any things needed rolled ... In some ways it'll make things strealined more - you getting yer results as part of the next following update (or mini updates)

Which means i should be getting busy and start workin on the update ;)

Oooh! just noticed - my rank icon changed to 4 red daggers / arrows .. was 3 red 1 blue last time :D not quite a year ago since it used to be 2 blue 2 red :P Its a fun little perk see'ing the badge change to the next grade / rank up :)

Dr_Worm
11 February 2004, 10:29 PM
Whacked out tonight...I have been in a mental health unit for 2 days with really violent men and women so I am gonna hit it early. Hopefully I will have time to post tomorrow.

Ronin
12 February 2004, 05:15 AM
Yo Doc` ...is that as a doc...or as patient?!:D

Dr_Worm
12 February 2004, 07:48 PM
As a nurse, but thanks for asking. Sometimes the line is thin between the patient and the provider.

Dr_Worm
12 February 2004, 09:41 PM
Okay posted in IC. I am going to the coast with my sweety for valentines day. I will be back Monday.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
13 February 2004, 12:40 AM
alrighty, I'll have a quick update for you all sometime today (friday 13th), either sometime in the afternoon or evening CST... then i'll be out for the weekend ;)

Ronin
13 February 2004, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by Dr_Worm
As a nurse, but thanks for asking. Sometimes the line is thin between the patient and the provider.

I understand....my ex was a nurse, always tired and ill.
Have a good weekend, you lucky.....worm.;)

OMG! It`s friday the 13th!8o
Lock your doors! Don`t go out to check why the dog`s barking!
IT`S BECAUSE THERE`S A KNIFE-WIELDING MANIAC OUTSIDE!

Ronin
15 February 2004, 04:29 AM
Question to the GMs:
currently me and Lopan have apparently hooked up...just walking along and chatting...
my question is: are we limited to one post between GM-updates?
Since we`re having a conversation between 2 PC, obiviously we can`t chatter on for aaages, but is a coupla posts back-and-forth okay?

...just wondering if I can say more to Savan, or if I have to wait for a GM to post...

Vanger Chevane
15 February 2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Ronin
Question to the GMs:
currently me and Lopan have apparently hooked up...just walking along and chatting...
my question is: are we limited to one post between GM-updates?
Since we`re having a conversation between 2 PC, obiviously we can`t chatter on for aaages, but is a coupla posts back-and-forth okay?

...just wondering if I can say more to Savan, or if I have to wait for a GM to post...

Aboslutely. Y'all are going to have to interact a fair amount tween updates once it gets to Mission Planning and Executions anyway. :D

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
18 February 2004, 11:55 PM
The update is up!
Enjoy!

We're slowly gettin ya guys together ;)

And questions are always good!

Lopan
19 February 2004, 10:06 AM
I have a question,

Is there some way for an undercover Rebel to recognize another Rebel?

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
19 February 2004, 11:23 AM
Not usually, up at first i mean. The whole idea is trying to be discreet as possible - plain cloths civilian like in all ways - to not draw or alert any imperial or unfriendly based attention.

Additionally, there are plain dressed ISB (imperial service bereau) & SpecNav (Special Forces Navy) agents out there as well, trying to mimic and catch the rebels at their own game. Anyone could be "Agent Smith" in disguise.

Its a deadly & classic game of hunting while being hunted at the same time.

Also, you know what happened to your cell, and you seen the newsfeed earlier...

There may be clues to pick up on, perhaps a manerism or catch phrase or reference that may sound innocent enough... though ultimately who you choose to place trust in is soley your own choice.

Caution and paranioa (to a degree) is a good mindset to have while posting in character. Incognito. ;)

Dr_Worm
19 February 2004, 12:12 PM
Yea...the most secure cell is one in which an individual only knows of 2 or three othters. Less names to give away.

Lopan
19 February 2004, 03:50 PM
Ok that was how I thought it would be. Thanks.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
23 February 2004, 01:08 PM
Ok, we'll be working on making an RG2 site for our group stats and stuff soon... was waiting til we get the group together ingame :)

Some of you have requested to not have the background openly posted, thats fine. If anyone else wishes this, let I or Vanger know. :)

Anyways, good rp'ing people! already at 5th update :) keep up the good work!

I'll be back in a few days... :)

Dr_Worm
23 February 2004, 10:28 PM
T&V:

I will post a link to my site, or perhaps just a pic when I make myself known.

Ronin
26 February 2004, 05:18 AM
Gotta say, there`s a lotta pent up testosterone in these PCs! :D
A whole lotta mistrust and sizing each other up.:D
I like paranoia!8o :? :raised:

darth_wyld
26 February 2004, 05:27 AM
"You go first!"
"No, you go first!"
"I insist!"
"Ladies first!"
:D

That's really not the bunch of people I would buy a used car from.. :rolleyes:

Vanger Chevane
26 February 2004, 10:35 AM
There is a security box outside one of the doors (Keypad/Cardslot typical sort of thing).

Terras & I plan to work over an update for sometime this weekend or Monday this coming Saturday as our schedules allow.

If any of you besides Dr. Worm have AIM or YIM, I'm usually on after 1700 MST while at work, my IDs are in my profile, and Dr. Worm knows them as well. I find IM's much easier to work with tham PM/EM-tag if possible (Ronin, I know & understand this isn't easily done on your end).

EDIT: Poor sleep, an uber-early wakeup leading to a 12-hour shift did bad things to my ability to process & retain nfo (like the fact Terras updated on Wed, too soon for another, carry on). My apolgies, gentlebeings.

darth_wyld
26 February 2004, 10:16 PM
OK... you are GMT-7, I'm GMT+1 and Ronin is probably GMT +11...

nevertheless, I reactivated ICQ and activated AIM, it's both in my Profile! Hope we have overlapping hours in this (no AIM/ICQ at work, though... when most of you will be sleeping...)

Ronin
29 February 2004, 09:32 PM
Yeah....I`m still just netcafe-ing it...and I`m GMT+8 or 9 depending on the time of the year! :(

Had a busy weekend in RL...now I`m back.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
29 February 2004, 10:55 PM
i'm at GMT -06:00 canada :P central time zone ;)

We'll probably get out an update for ya on monday, at latest tuesday

darth_wyld
11 March 2004, 09:14 AM
A friend of mine did a picture of my character... so everybody: this is Seth:

http://www.domaene-hamburg.de/private/sethsmall.gif

Big version here: Seth big (http://www.domaene-hamburg.de/private/Seth.gif)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
11 March 2004, 11:42 AM
Awesome pic Wyld!

Hopefully the holonets have stabilized so we all can resume eh?

Vanger Chevane
11 March 2004, 01:39 PM
Been missing my Daily Dose of Mayhem. ;)

Ronin
16 March 2004, 04:46 AM
Well....I`m still here!
Things got kinda slowed down with all the troubles there....

plus my BB modem arrived this morning!
Gonna go home and try to set it all up now.
Wish me luck!

darth_wyld
17 March 2004, 05:53 AM
Since the dreaded Rise of the Downtimes seems to be over, I tried to get things flowing again by posting... Please!...Post!... this emptiness feels like four years ago, when I quit smoking...;)

Ronin
17 March 2004, 06:12 AM
I'm still here....just waiting to see if I'm on the roof or where exactly...

p.s. say hello to "Broadband Ronin":D

Lopan
17 March 2004, 11:35 AM
Grats Ronin!

Dr_Worm
17 March 2004, 12:36 PM
okay...Terras is out at his grans farm until today I believe, though I am not sure what time he gets in. Vanger has to reinstall his OS and anticipates some trouble with it. So not sure when the next update will be.

Vanger Chevane
17 March 2004, 02:47 PM
after the mini-update was Aradme's arrival & Seth's challenge.

Terras told me he'd be back sometime today, I probly won't assault XP until this weekend, which means Ii may not be able to check the site for 2 days at most.

Ronin: This is a real warehouse, 2-3 stories tall, slab ferrocrete sides, few windows. I'm not sure you could jump up there even with the Mojo.

Wyld: The box by the door looks like a standard door lock, The slot will accept a standard datacard, they keypad tends to be used as an override or in case one forgets to bring their "key".

BTW, Welcome to the world of Hispeed, Ronin.

Ronin
17 March 2004, 05:04 PM
Hmm.....can I climb up to the roof instead?

Vanger Chevane
18 March 2004, 02:31 PM
Got a note from Terras saying he'll be out at the farm through the weekend as they're painting the hallways of his apartment building.

Why they'd do interior painting while it's still winter in Canuckistan I don't grasp...but I can update if we need it.

Ronin, I don't have Tatsu's info to-hand right now. If you've ranks in Climbing, it's possible to "chimney" your way up, there's also an old drainpipe going up to the flat roof, ending about a meter from the top...

BTW, unless you posted from the fone, I'm usually on IM @work at that time.

Ronin
18 March 2004, 04:51 PM
Okay, I've got Climb+5, so I'll head for the roof.

I'll try to sort out IM stuff soon.....still getting used to this home-connection stuff! :)

Vanger Chevane
19 March 2004, 03:35 PM
LOL Ronin. No rush.

I had DNS problems last night, couldn't get to the site. Unsure whether it's something I ran into from another site or if it's the OS gone loopy. Will have to tear it down & rebuild this weekend, no telling if I can get online or not.

Carry on as you would normally, I may be able to update over this weekend or it may have to happend Monday.

Ronin
20 March 2004, 05:57 AM
Here I am with me fast connection....chomping at the bit...and the whole Tetrad' has gone on holi's for the weekend! :D

Okay....I've got a yahoo instant messenger thingy ID now. How's it work?!

Vanger Chevane
20 March 2004, 03:18 PM
Here I am with me fast connection....chomping at the bit...and the whole Tetrad' has gone on holi's for the weekend! :D

Okay....I've got a yahoo instant messenger thingy ID now. How's it work?!

You have to create an ID for whatever service you plan to use. Don't forget yer ID & password or you won't be able to log into & use the service.

If yer using YIM (Terras & I now use Trillian, and both AIM & YIM), at the top ba is Tools -> Manage Friend List -> Add a Friend. You can also use ctrl-A in the main YIM window.

Easiest way is by Yahoo ID. In that popup window you feed their ID, and it's considered decent manners to include a note who you are unless they're already aware you're trying to add them to your list.

YIM will then send them a note saying effectively "some person with this ID is trying to add you to their list. Accept Y/N? ", and usually give them the option to add you to their list. This is why sending them a note explaining who you are helps as somtimes ppl can't relate the IM ID to the person they wanna talk with.

YIM has Offline Messaging AIM seems to lack, allowing ppl to send me IM's whenever they're on, I see them once I've logged into YIM.

If you want, once you've an ID, PM/EM me what it is & which service it belongs to, I'll add ya to my list. You'll see how it works for ppl you want to add to your list.

Vanger Chevane
23 March 2004, 05:13 PM
Seems that there may be some confusion about update/post IC.

Here's the layout.

Aradme's arrival finished out the previous round of activity.

Currently in the new round of action:

Seth has greeted/challenged Aradme'.
Aradme' is staring at Seth, trying to think of a comeback.
Savan is peeking around the corner, staring at Aradme'
Troykaw is staring at Aradme's butt, looks pretty good.
Tatsu is staring at the roof gauging the can climb up there.

Everyone but Seth has yet to make an action. Please post them & interact, nothing's going to explode yet.

Terras is out for another few days, I will update as needed if he is not available. We have thoroughly discussed the upcoming events, and are confident in each other's abilitites.

darth_wyld
23 March 2004, 11:19 PM
Seth is going to stare at Adrame's butt too, but now he doesn't have the right angle of view...

Vanger Chevane
24 March 2004, 01:49 PM
LOL Wyld.

You could stare at her chest. It's something most guys get blamed for. :P Or try the door...

I just got a PM from Red5_5. His puter has been down, apparently some virus, and recently came back from the shop. He'll be out through Monday, then back into the mix.

Meanwhile feel free to have your characters think, say, and do things IC while Aradme' just stands & stares.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
25 March 2004, 10:55 PM
OK, i've been out of the loop - apartment building being painted, took retreat to the farm for the week's spanse... that and only a couple check-ins for e-mail and not much else... at the farm = no net access even though i've had a laptop with me ...

Next few days i'll be here and there, and am darn glad Vang's around to cover for me :)

On an off note - it's perfectly alright to stare - but just don't get caught. For all the times ya did, there's always the "Hey! nice speederbike, isn't that the model with- .....? " :D

Ronin
7 April 2004, 06:37 AM
Anyone...any idea when things are gonna move on?
I really don't want this to fall apart...
how about everyone check in;
"RONIN! HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

darth_wyld
7 April 2004, 11:23 AM
Melde mich zur Stelle!
Äähh...
HERE, SIR, WYLD, SIR!!!

red5_5
7 April 2004, 12:49 PM
I'm checking in. Sorry for the long absence, but now I am back for good! ;)

red5_5 standing by! :skypilot:

Vanger Chevane
7 April 2004, 02:02 PM
Red5_5, please post IC. I think they've been waiting on you.

Ronin, as you shimmy up past the first floor, you can see occasional flickers of moving white light several buildings away.

Lopan, Wyld, & Dr. Worm, your characters are free to do whatever you like, within reason.

I talked with Terras last night, he's somewhat tied up with RL, but is trying to keep up-to-date with Q: TU as much as possible.

I for one would like the mayhem to move forward without having to dig the Player Prod out of the GM's Bag of Evil Tricks. If we proceed apace, we've a follow-on adventure that can be done before Tattooine Vacation while all the other groups catch up...

Ronin
7 April 2004, 06:00 PM
Cool...anything else I see from the rooftop?

Plus, these lights; which direction are they N/E/S/W? And about how far?

Vanger Chevane
8 April 2004, 01:36 PM
Ronin, it's an industrial zone, there's not much to look at other than the rooftops of other buildings, but this one does have a few skylights.

As you track the light's movent between buildings, it seems to be a spotluma that's probably attached to a Constabulary Speeder making a routine patrol of the neighborhood, a few streets away.

Wyld, sorry, but Troykaw blew right past you rather rudely at the lock & door.

Dr_Worm
8 April 2004, 01:41 PM
Sorry Wylde...just realized you tryed the reader card in a post above me. I missed it so you can just assume Troy was rude a pushed you out of the way. Anyway...sorry to do that.

Ronin
8 April 2004, 06:06 PM
Okay....I wanna have a look at these skylights, see if I can open one...

I'd love to drop in Batman-style, but I somehow think that might anger our tetchy Twi'lek somewhat ;) :D
(and the broken windows might draw the attention of the local constabulary!)

darth_wyld
10 April 2004, 06:38 PM
No prob Doc, we were on it the same moment I think. When I posted my posting both of them appeared and I was a bit surprised...

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
14 April 2004, 11:59 PM
heya all! hopefully i'm back for the next while now, just droppin a line or so to speak. took a look, seen things stalled for a tad, and glad to see things also picked up again :)

its been a busy few weeks, ending with easter festivities... i'm more tuckered out than refreshed :P

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
17 April 2004, 05:14 PM
oops, and big one at that :P meant to post a mesage in NNFAR OOC :P

Ronin
23 April 2004, 04:06 PM
:( What's the situation? Any idea when we can move on?

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
23 April 2004, 05:45 PM
dang, hope ya check back soon Ronin! just posted :D

Ronin
24 April 2004, 04:00 AM
Okay!
But just one thing:
I'm still on the roof, taking a look at the skylight...if I can open it (is it rusty? do I think it will make a lot of noise?)...what can I see through it?
And trying to keep my head down (with that cop speeder about) (ie. I wanna be Hiding on the rooftop)....

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
1 May 2004, 12:06 AM
For the three who have posted sofar - I'm glad to see things are back in action! :)

Alright fellow players, gather around, and now for some group discusion...

This game had a great & speedy start, slowed a tad, picked right up again, eventually stalled out, and is just starting to pick up again...

Each and every one of your characters bring a unique set if qualities and trade skills to the group... I and Vanger have crafted our plans, making sure theres a little something for each group member to be useful in. Which brings me to the point:

I've no clue on the whereabouts of Lopan or Red5, though I've just sent them a p.m letting them know the game's running again...

To be fair, this game can only wait on them for so long before they're gonna start missing out on things or the game becomes stalled again, (theres only so much banter & action 3 characters can do in the moment of a situation before the other players start missing out) and the game's been recently stalled for a month's spanse already up til a few days ago...

So, i'm just saying this ahead of time - that we may have to decide whether to carry on regularly or not if one or both remaining players don't show, after a given time period... Everyone here has a fair say in this.

After all, as Vanger said in the trader's infonet page group signup thread - Activity is important in a pbp game. A game that remains stalled for too long (& too often) is prone to become forgoten and fades away.

I best step off the soap-box, and patiently observe how things turn out over the next little while... Thoughts, comments, & opinions encouraged! Carry on, and continue as you were.

Ronin
1 May 2004, 07:38 AM
Well...I don't want Rebel#2 to fold...
if it's reduced to three regular players, that's fine by me. :)
Personally I'm still totally hyped about this and I wanna make it work! I know there may be other holonetters who wanna get in on "Quadrant's"...maybe they can fill our spaces, if they're regular posters.....

Vanger Chevane
1 May 2004, 12:18 PM
Those of you looking up at the skylight (and Tatsu looking down), this building is three stories tall with the current room walled off from the rest of the building. It's a long way to shimmy down a dodgy-looking drainpipe. :P

Tatsu, you estimate that the Constable will turn down your "block" in about three minutes.

Good to see things are moving again, we've much mayhem in store for you...

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
3 May 2004, 09:42 PM
Ok, i'll have a floorplan of the building for you guys shortly, and also i'll be working to make a small webspace for the game... for all the maps to access and stuff like that... (been busy these couple days)

drw, you'll have an answer tonight!

Dr_Worm
4 May 2004, 01:34 PM
Thnkz a ton for the maps, T. I have not had a chance to chat with you in ages...hopefully your sched clears up a bit soon.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
7 May 2004, 11:55 PM
Well, things are indeed moving along great! (as great as a rollercoaster ride could get, speeding along the gravity defying twisting tracks) Hey, we said this game was gonna be a rollercoaster ride, didn't we? :D >toothy trademade GM's grin<

On a side note, in our game thread, we've just hit post #100! Here's looking forward to another several hundred more, and beyond :)

I would also like to proudly mention that we're recieving a new addtition to RG#2! Her name is Ris. and she's a seasoned / veteran player. I've seen her work in another game i'm in. :)

At the moment she's working on a hush-hush to be revealed in due time, character concept, and will be joining into the game soon :)

So, without further adieu, Welcome to the team Ris!

darth_wyld
8 May 2004, 04:05 AM
Ris, wellcome to the world of twomorrrooooowww!!!

I think this reference won't be lost on you, eh?

Vanger Chevane
8 May 2004, 10:58 AM
Indeed. Welcome to the Mayhem Ris.

Ronin, it wasn't the reaction I expected from Tatsu but it is a good Slapstick Moment.

BTW Wyld, Seth has never seen anyone move that fast in his life let alone be drug along for the ride...

Carry on. :P

Ris
8 May 2004, 02:32 PM
Thanks for the welcome. all :)

Ronin
8 May 2004, 07:23 PM
Hey Ris! Welcome to the gang! :)

(What is that "Welcome to the world of tomorrow!" quote? Sounds kinda familiar...)

darth_wyld
9 May 2004, 03:43 AM
Futurama. The guy working in the cryo-lab. That's how he welcomes everybody that awakes. :)

Ronin
9 May 2004, 04:06 AM
Ah! I love Futurama! Haven't seen it in nearly 3 years....
Ronin wipes a nostalgic tear from his eye.

I'll have to pic up some vids or DVDs of it when I have a holi home...

red5_5
9 May 2004, 08:54 AM
Welcome to the Rebellion Ris! :D

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
9 May 2004, 11:51 AM
The wharehouse is definately 3 stories in hieght. The rectangular area on the map is pretty much your limited visible area at the moment, not a room. anything beyond those borders basically fades to blackness... The area of light is provided by a window high in the wall ;)

red5_5
9 May 2004, 12:02 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I just changed a few words in my last post to reflect that it is a large area and not just a room in the building.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
9 May 2004, 11:13 PM
Hmmm, lots of things to do eh?
Anyone feeling lucky enough to toy with the TD?
Theres the flashing light atop the BLL
Need a little more ilumination to see the area around you?
Lest not forget the patrol outside is getting closer...
I reckon you've got your hands full ;)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
10 May 2004, 10:09 PM
Alrighty... I can update the map, make the paths for those who decide to... I'll just need to know if your spreading out or going in pairs or? what? ;) I'm asuming a 30 degree angle will produce an outwards cone, 2 paths minimum, so how many paths should I cut inbetween?

for those going exploring - lemme know if:
- on foot or whatever ... (there's several choices to choose from)
- if pairing up or whatever ;)
- if yer gonna take either edge of the cone, or one of the paths inbetween? :)

darth_wyld
10 May 2004, 11:22 PM
I think I stick with Adramé (finally got the view on her butt we talked about before... :D ) and help her analyzing the TD and the droid.

It seems troy doesn't want me playing spec ops with her, I don't have a large stick, eh? :P

Ronin
11 May 2004, 06:08 AM
I'm pretty sure it's just me and Troy searching the warehouse, so we're on the edges of your cone,...AFAIK we're the most stealthy characters....

Hopefully;) Adrame and Seth can deal with the new arrivals...

darth_wyld
11 May 2004, 06:13 AM
Ok... not sticking with Adramé... taking care of the new arrivals...
By the way... the Falleen simply disappeared?!

Vanger Chevane
11 May 2004, 01:50 PM
Savan seems to have wandered off somewhere in the maze of containers.

I haven't been able to contact Lopan, nor does it seem had anyone else (both Terras & Ronin have tried as well).

Suggestions on what to do with Savan until/unless Lopan returns & posts?

Ronin
11 May 2004, 03:28 PM
You and/or Terras could run Savan as a "GM's PC" and keep him in the background if you want...

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
11 May 2004, 04:23 PM
Another idea is letting Savan become the group's shared player NPC... You, the players get to share and use him as an extra. I can post his stats if needed... It's something that Talon's been doing in his game, which is seemingly working well (or so it seems)

Btw, today i've been having a chance to work on a group web page ;) Perhaps by the end of the day it'll be (mostly) up, and i'll have put the link into my sig...

Ris
11 May 2004, 07:14 PM
I think that the "Shared NPC" concept works well. IT has several advantages, including giving a group some extra firepower and skills.

I believe that Kyle is to be used as a shared NPC as well. Once the GM's confirm that I can post those stats.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
11 May 2004, 08:43 PM
Well, hang onto the npc stats as we're getting the site built ;)

Anyways, here's the updated map with the 2 30 degree search paths... And this site is just a temporary page as I wait to get another webspace account activated to host the site...

http://www.members.shaw.ca/lot.jadesfire/test/

feel free to explore the site... remember, its just a temprary location for it though ;) and yes, the game maps have been moved there...

Ronin
12 May 2004, 06:03 AM
Terras I'd still rather my stats and background weren't on the site yet...I'd kinda prefer to findout what eachother can do (and has done, ie. background) via roleplaying. :)

Ris
12 May 2004, 06:45 AM
I too prefer to keep backstories hidden for now. As for stats, I was only offering to supply Kyle's, since anyone who controls the character, especially in a skill-use or combat situation, will need them.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
12 May 2004, 10:40 AM
Not a problem. I still remembered your rquest from last time ronin! I havn't even begun to do any char pages yet.... only put names in the table for the sake of putting something in the table ;)

I do have an alternate solution in mind - as there are 3 columns in the table and i've just made use of them...

Vanger Chevane
12 May 2004, 01:38 PM
Seems we've a consensus on the Shared NPC concept for both Savan & Kyle.

IMHO if we find another person who wants to play & is a reliable poster, I'd suggest swapping out one of the NPC's for their character. That way we don't have to worry about the group getting too big, but can add another live player...

Ris
13 May 2004, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Vanger Chevane
Seems we've a consensus on the Shared NPC concept for both Savan & Kyle.
IMHO if we find another person who wants to play & is a reliable poster, I'd suggest swapping out one of the NPC's for their character. That way we don't have to worry about the group getting too big, but can add another live player...

Sometimes you will find a player who is willing to take over a shared NPC. I've seen this work quite well.
Incidentally, in my original backstory, Kyle wasn't intended to come this far, but the GM's liked what I had, so the 3 of us agreed to try out the shared NPC concept with him.

Also, I will not be able to post--or even get online, period--from tomorrow afternoon, until sometime Monday. We're going to Star Wars Weekends at Disney-MGM!
And we get to march in the parade! 8o
If need be to keep things moving, just presume that Kiry has her hands full treating whatever ails Kyle

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
13 May 2004, 10:55 AM
Well then, by all means - have a wild & awesome trip! :) B)

Vanger Chevane
13 May 2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Ris
Sometimes you will find a player who is willing to take over a shared NPC. I've seen this work quite well.
Incidentally, in my original backstory, Kyle wasn't intended to come this far, but the GM's liked what I had, so the 3 of us agreed to try out the shared NPC concept with him.

Also, I will not be able to post--or even get online, period--from tomorrow afternoon, until sometime Monday. We're going to Star Wars Weekends at Disney-MGM!
And we get to march in the parade! 8o
If need be to keep things moving, just presume that Kiry has her hands full treating whatever ails Kyle

I agree. If someone wants to jump in & turn the NPC into a PC - by all means, please do. But if they want to bring in their own character instead, we just "retire" the NPC & brin on the new char in their place.

No Problem Ris, and thx for the heads-up. For myself, presuming we'll still be going by that point, I'll be on vacation in California from the 1st to the 7th of July and my ability to get into the Innant will be spotty at best.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
15 May 2004, 09:10 AM
Lots of crates are unmarked, some with worn symbols, most with pry-panels on the sides... should you open a couple, you'll find silver hand sized foil packets labeled NU-CARB with food symbols on them depicting steak & other meal items... shgould you open a packet and taste the contents - a wafer like jerky, which tastes like cardboard...

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
22 May 2004, 12:09 AM
Tatsu & Troy (T&T- hah! i kill me :D (ducks the thrown dice) ) ok ok back to the point now, you're both going to continue the tri-angulation? going to cut a path connecting your two points, or going on to make a diamond shaped path both meeting at the back wall?

I'll update the map as soon as you let me know ;)

Dr_Worm
22 May 2004, 09:50 AM
My plan was to follow the wallaround back to the front (ie both of us going in opposite directions).

Ronin
22 May 2004, 07:24 PM
Doc, correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is you mean something like this....?

Dr_Worm
22 May 2004, 07:59 PM
no...somthing more like:

See...we are at the back wall where the " : " start. We head off in opposite directions and follow the wall back the way we came. The center will remain dark, but a lot of ground will be covered. When we get back we can switch on the headlights and light this place up.

Dr_Worm
22 May 2004, 08:03 PM
Edit:

ASCII did not work...here is a drawing:

Ronin
22 May 2004, 08:51 PM
Gotcha!
Here's Terras' new map:
http://www.members.shaw.ca/lot.jadesfire/test/locations/wharehouse%20floor.htm

I guess I'm now in the top right corner.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
23 May 2004, 12:29 AM
okie, i gotcha now also

i'll edit the map again when i awake ;)

btw, Ris & Wyld - go ahead if you want to open a few crates looking for material, you may come across one crate of pillows or blankets, maybe even a few medpacks, and of course - plenty more NU-Carbs. theres also the couple speeders and hovertruck /van with doors unlocked with an empty back end cargo hold. (think: similar to a cargo van - sliding side door, 1 or two rear doors, no windows on rear sides, inside of back half is empty, void of upholstry, but lots of tie-down loops / hand holds in floor and wall siding)

Ronin
27 May 2004, 05:56 PM
I'm heading back to Blighty for a (well-earned IMO ;) ) holiday from the 31st May to the 14th June...
I may be able to check-in via my brother's PC, but nothing's guaranteed.
Just thought I'd better tell everyone. :)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
28 May 2004, 01:03 AM
Thx for the heads up Ronin!

Guess we'll either be see'ing ya or we won't for that timeframe ;) Regardless of which, hope you have a great time being back with your family! :)

Ris
28 May 2004, 03:41 AM
Game question: I was going to post at least a minor reply to either Seth or Adrame' but wasn't sure if I could hear either of them either physically or via commlink. (I am presuming that Kiry took at least a few bits of useful equipment besides her dr's bag :)

Dr_Worm
28 May 2004, 11:27 AM
yea Seth and Adrame' are both in your close proximity. Only Tatsu and Troykaw are out of earshot.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
29 May 2004, 12:40 AM
Btw, RG2's homepage is now relocated and should be staying there unless / until I and Vang can find a relaible place that we both can access & update the site with... (using my web provider's free space at the moment, which limits to me only making changes to the site)

You'll only need check and click within my RG2 portion of my signature to goto the page ;)

Ris
2 June 2004, 09:11 AM
Almost forgot! Vanger originally came up with the "Anybody know what this long purple organ does?" line, expounded on by me & given to Kiry.

I'll be away this weekend--Fri. evening through sometime Monday. If things get busy, the GM's can move Kiry & Kyle along.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
3 June 2004, 01:33 AM
Ok, floor map updated to reflect more visible area from vehicle headlights turned on... Finding the light switch will illumenate more map area... Finding the switch shouldn't prove too tough for ya, its nearby ;)

Ronin
3 June 2004, 03:40 AM
Terras, Tatsu's been sweeping his way down the back wall, could you update the map a bit for me there? Cheers :)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
3 June 2004, 10:58 AM
okie, further updates on map done ;)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
10 June 2004, 06:16 PM
okie... time to drop a couple freebie gm hints... light switches, droids, flashing light upon BLL droid.... There is indeed one lightswitch in the wall, but it wont do anything...

theres also a about 4 blasters - rifles & carbines and a medpack that can be found in the lockers behind the van...

Don't worry, there's still a fair amount of exploring and puzzle solving in this place yet ;)

Ronin
11 June 2004, 02:17 AM
Could you give us another map update for me covering the right-hand wall...?

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
11 June 2004, 09:50 AM
will do - soon as i can find my misplaced coreldraw cd :P had to re-install XP a few days ago, still getting things installed as i need them... And some cds just have this annoying habbit of disapearing on me when i need them... I tell ya, theres nothing as agrivating trying to find somthing like Age of Empires to play with yer buds for an online game, and the cd just dont wanna be found... *goes off to find misplaced cd...*

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
11 June 2004, 10:57 PM
alrighty! got busy with other tasks, though the map is updated as requested!

btw, a fresh wipe and re-install can be a real pain and time consumer to adjusting xp back to the way it was before... including commonly used apps, utils, and programs...

as for not having stats onhand, n/p, both I and Vang have those on hand (or access to them)...

though that does remind me... i need re-install dreamweaver again too....

Anything you wanted a check or roll on particular Ris?

Ris
11 June 2004, 11:55 PM
Search & any medical related checks you want me to make

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
17 June 2004, 11:38 PM
Heya ;) Hope yer enjoying the latest round of mystery (and not cursing us for it) ;)

I'm going to make one simplification, there wont be any more climb checks onto the BLL :)

Remember when I said (or if) I said I was bad at drawing and drawing in scale / size ratios? I marked on the map 1 sq = 5m grid scale. Well I'm working on various other details of the map, where needing to do finer smaller details, i think I goofed... Seemingly, the 1 sq would better work out to 1m ratio... Lets just say I'm further working on what your looking for ;)

On the off-note quirky side of things, 1:1 grid ratio, the oval shapes representing the speeders and hover van is pretty much on par or close to proper scale :P

On the bright side, you people are very close to meeting your Aunt Irnau :)

Keep up the good work! :)

Vanger Chevane
18 June 2004, 02:00 PM
Since we're likely to skip past a few days of downtime, we need to have a few things presented as Fait Accompli.

The group needs to decide upon a leader & organize each person's roles within an ops team. Gear needs to be located & organized for each member as well as a non-specific reference. Fighter Squadrons tend to use numbers, but in ops teams it tends to be based on either nicknames or duties. For example, Wedge Antilles referring to Kell Tainer as "Demolitions" instead of (Wraith) Nine in one of the novels.

This way you're pretty much set to be handed, and handle, Mission One. :D

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
19 June 2004, 08:07 AM
On the same note as Vanger's above, feel free to p.m each other or discuss here a solution for the puzzles ;)

Dr_Worm
22 June 2004, 03:13 PM
Just to let you all know, my attentdence here at the Hnet will be sparse for a few days (perhaps a week or so) as we are looking for a new place to live. We have a line on a dream place, but we are not sure yet if it will work out. Anyhoo...that means that my PC will not be avid for a bit, so do not wait for Troykav to post.

Also, T, I am having toruble visualizing this "puzzle" can you make a quick sketch of the panel and such?

Ronin
22 June 2004, 05:39 PM
Doc' goodluck with the househunting! Hope you get the dream home! :)

Ris
24 June 2004, 11:54 AM
After looking over Terras' site for the game, I realized there's been no physical description of our 2nd shared NPC, Rebel Flight Lt. Kyle Tel. (His personality should be clear, however. ;) Kyle is rather short (~5'4"), weight proportional. His eyes are dark blue & his his skin very tanned, although the pallor from his illness is obvious beneath the tan. He keeps his head shaven but at this point there is probably some "5 o'clock shadow."

Ronin
24 June 2004, 05:36 PM
And his clothing? Equipment?
Cheers for the info Ris! :)

Ris
25 June 2004, 10:51 AM
Clothing? Equipment? I need to check with the GM's due to backstory. I think I mentioned it to one of them, but it got missed. Thanks for the reminder.

A bit of trivia you might appreciate as a costumer, Ronin. Kyle's looks are based off a friend & fellow 501st costumer, a very cool stormtrooper. I think Kyle is saner / less of a risk taker than my friend, who was not only OK with the idea of stuffing him, me, my hubby (2 "Jedi"), our 2 kids, a 3rd "Jedi" & the "Emperor" into his hotel room for a weekend--but is willing to do so again.

Vanger Chevane
25 June 2004, 02:11 PM
Terras and I have already touched on the issue of Kyle's gear late last night, and now that I've got Trillian behaving properly again, may go over that today in more depth.

Sides, you've yet to figure out the BLL and find out just what goodies Aunt Irnau has tucked away in her cupboards. :P

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
17 July 2004, 10:44 PM
I'll have the center of the map cleared up in a couple days at the most...

I'll also put Kyle's description up in a few days also... gotta dig out my dreamweaver cd and re-install it. I know some html code, though tables are still beyond me...

Anyways, past few days, i've been busy at the farm, helping cleaning up around the house and grocey runs and such... some relatives which i've never met (who's on my grandfather's side of the family) came down for the weekend from Oakland California... They'll be heading back on monday, so later on monday or sometime tuesday i'll have a chance and catch up on my duties here ;)

Though, by all means, don't wait on my account, get busy posting and solving that puzzle!. If you only knew what is waiting for you, you'd have had that puzzle solved a week or two ago ;) And trust me, you all have well earned it!

Dr_Worm
17 July 2004, 11:22 PM
Update:

I got moved in up on the mountain, and now I am looking for a new car. Will be back in the swing soon.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
18 July 2004, 12:28 AM
A new car eh? one that goes "Eeeh-honhh! Eeeh-honhh!" right? :D j/k :D couldn't resist!!!

Ronin
18 July 2004, 12:32 AM
Don't be such an @$$ Terras! ;) :D

#collective groan from the holonet#

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
18 July 2004, 12:47 AM
the mountaineering jokes... what have i started! oh my! :D Guess i'd better pony up and at least wish the good worm, congrats on his new residence ;)

Hey doc, ya got any neeeheeeeyyyboorrrs out there?? :D

Ronin
18 July 2004, 12:54 AM
Hay ;) that's not funny.
Lets wait until we hear what it's like, straight from the horse's mouth...
;)

I really gotta go now...

Dr_Worm
18 July 2004, 09:40 AM
Not a horse or ass to be seen, unless Mad Jack comes downs from the hills with No. 7 (Grizzly Adams joke...some of you may be too young or too Canadian to get that). I'll get some pics soon and post them.

Ris
22 July 2004, 03:49 PM
TJ--Vanger said to remind you that you haven't gotten back to me on what gear Kyle has. Not to mention Kiry's. PM me on this.

Dr. W, I loved that show. One of many I watched with my late & beloved Dad as a kid & teen. Grizzly Adams, Star Trek (1st run original!), Buck Rogers, Baa Baa Black Sheep (aka Black Sheep Squadron), Cover Up, Hawaii 5-0, Dukes of Hazzard. Yep, quite an eclectic assortment And yes, I saw SW 4, 5, & 6 with him. Even held off seeing ROTJ, so I could watch it on college break with him.

Ronin
26 July 2004, 06:07 PM
Just been thinking about following up Seera(my recently deceased cell-leader)'s claim that someone sold us out...

Could you GMs (or do you want me to) work up a few profiles for the other members of my cell. I know they're all dead now, but Tatsu could do some meditating and analyse each person's behaviour etc...
I could work out 4 or so characters, give 'em to you, and (if there was) a rat,....any suspicious activity Tatsu'd notice, now that he's thinking about it...

just an idea.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
27 July 2004, 01:34 PM
I've heard referance to Grizzly Adams :p Actually I think I may have seen an old movie of it on the A&E or History channel about a year ago...

Ronin - sure... I and Vang gotta converse about it a little and we'll let you know asap.

Ris
2 August 2004, 12:24 PM
Happy B-day to Co-GM Vanger!

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
2 August 2004, 03:56 PM
*checks calender...* uh, i missed the b-day as well as the m.a antics didn't i? :p

so, nobody's gonna react ingame? we both figured we'd let at least someone react before proceeding with the next mini-update :p

as for the other subject, Ronin - go ahead, be our guest ;)

Ronin
2 August 2004, 05:40 PM
Vanger: happy birthday!

As for reaction: I don't really have anything to say...

And I'll work up maybe 3 NPCs to send you (if there was a traitor, I'll let you choose).

Vanger Chevane
3 August 2004, 01:53 PM
You guys have started working on your various projects while Aradme' tinkers with the droid and suddenly the lights go out and you're all just going to stare into the darkness at one another?

I'd expected at least one sharp comment...

Ronin
3 August 2004, 04:36 PM
Thanks to the good Doctor for providing a witty line! ;)
RL-events are draining my humour.

Ris
3 August 2004, 04:52 PM
Sorry, I just don't feel up to witty remarks right now. I've been ready to go onto something for a while, anyways, since Puzzles of that type just aren't my thing.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
4 August 2004, 12:16 AM
alrighty, good to know Ris ;) are there puzzle types / styles that you do like then? or don't care for them entirely?

I and Vang chose this wharehouse environment for a number of reasons, a good part of it is to to gauge and measure what this group likes and dislikes in a relatively safe environment before we set out for the first mission and onwards.... I and Vanger have fun and grand plans for this group, so when it comes to details such as these, we'll know how to present and adjust.

There will still be puzzles in the game, though sometimes may be a matter of being given the facts or details and leaving it up to the group to decide on how to aproach / handle / or proceed with it ;)

You are all doing a splendid job, and we are holding up our promise of well earnt rewards, just a wee bit more to go yet... Though I'm going to take a guess that's starting to wear thin isn't it?

Luckily, this puzzle has little to no consequences for getting the sequence wrong, aside from having to redo it... In comparison to slicing into a computer terminal or disabling an alarm system on the spot which often has reprecusions for mistakes with no retries ;)

So, we're gonna move the game forward slightly, one major step towards the goal, and everybody will soon be happy right? ;)

its 2:15am now, will probably get to the update in the afternoon later today...

red5_5
14 August 2004, 07:54 PM
Looks like we've got a new place to hang out, it beats the warehouse! :) I wonder if this is where we will meet our aunt?

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
14 August 2004, 08:08 PM
Sorry about the delay ;) hope ya guys like it ;)

Dr_Worm
14 August 2004, 08:56 PM
the only thing you missed, my friend, is that Troy has been inspecint ght case and cubes all this time. What has she discovered, if anything?

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
15 August 2004, 03:21 PM
Sorry drw...

The case is not fixed to the desk and the cubes are detachable from the wires, which in appearance was makeshift in the first place, the cubes resembling those optical pieces from an astromech's dome. The wires apear part of the case design though, designed to be pulled or retracted. Beside the wires is a small sliding cover - already partially opened for the wires, reveals a dataport jack and receptical for what looks like an s-comp link. There is a single handle, though no locks or hinges. There are no other markings on the metal casing besides scuffings, suggesting it's seen alot of use in it's day.

Dr_Worm
26 August 2004, 10:38 AM
Notice: As of today I am out of town until Tuesday. Things seem to be winding down for the moement but if the action picks up Terras can control Troy. Terras- I am still trying to figure out the case...make any rolls necisary.

Later

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
4 September 2004, 06:13 PM
Well fellow players, we'll be having a new person joining this diverse group! His name is Rostek, he'll be bringing in a new character with him, who we'll be bringing in-game soon ;)

Ronin
4 September 2004, 06:54 PM
Welcome Rostek!

GMs: do you want us to work out all this sentry-duty stuff by chit-chat, or should we just cut to the chase?

Vanger Chevane
5 September 2004, 09:20 PM
You can do either, but your fellow players may not prefer some of the chit chat.

It appears that while the computer downstairs is the normal Terminal plugged into the planetary network, there appears to be a standalone system built into the Holoprojector in the "living room", as well as a Holonet hookup.

None of you has yet turned on the Holoprojector, for instance to check up on the local newsbytes.

Rostek
6 September 2004, 02:44 PM
Thanks Ronin
I'm glad to be here, and I suspect you'll be seeing more of me (or rather my PC) in a rather short period, mwahahaha.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
7 September 2004, 12:43 AM
gotta love pro-imperial GHNN eh?... Enjoy! :D

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
7 September 2004, 11:04 PM
Just passing a message to ya from Ris: (through msn account)
Sofar Ris and her family have been relatively unscathed in their part of Florida, save for some power outages. Hurrican Ivan's roaming around menacingly, no clue what it'll decide to do yet... Some parts of the city do have power and net access so Ris has been able to pass this onto me. She'll do her best to check on in here (if she can) ;)

Likewise, I replied there's the new update out, and some of you were aware of the florida hurricanes and your willingness to be patient with her!

Ronin
8 September 2004, 06:07 AM
No problem.
I hope all's well State-side! :)

Ris
10 September 2004, 09:09 AM
We finally got power back yesterday afternoon & my work got it back on this morning--but there are many people who don't have power yet & may not get it on until later in the weekend. Thanks for all the kind thoughts.
And now Ivan is on it's way...

I am hoping to post this weekend IC. I have a pretty good idea of the pairs' answers. Especially after a long chat with our GM's.

No, you're not being too pushy, Ronin. You're doing just what is needful. In fact, Tatsu might make a good leader for this group.

Dr_Worm
10 September 2004, 09:37 AM
Ris, we are all wishing for your family's safty. This is a game, and it can wait, you just stay safe and it will be here when you get in a better spot.

Ris
12 September 2004, 05:55 PM
Thanks, Dr. W. :) As of right now it looks like Ivan will stay away from my area. But we can't say for sure yet--hurricane paths are too unprecitable. And I pray for those who are in whatever path this one takes.

But I have some time right now to post & I finally got the answers written out. And whatever surprises are in them, the GM's know about. ;)

Ris
14 September 2004, 08:05 AM
Ronin: unless Terras or Vanger has objections, I'm sure Kiry can give you the school name & Kyle may still recall the recognition codes & so on he had for the woman.

Everyone: And a bit of trivia fun: Kiry's son, Tetengo Noor, appears in at least one SW novel. Which one & what did he grow up to be?
(Me, Vanger--who picked up on the identical surnames first--and Terras aren't eligible) No prize is involved--as far as I know. (Well, I guess I could share the Bubbly if my nntbs pc's win the race)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
14 September 2004, 08:23 AM
Nope, no objections Ris ;)

Dr_Worm
14 September 2004, 09:30 AM
I never read that series of novels but Vang and I did chat about it, so I reamove myself from the trivia.

Vanger Chevane
14 September 2004, 01:52 PM
Got the last bit of nfo I needed, once I get a response from Rostek, I'll drop him in place.

Worm, there should be a stairway leading up to a roof hatch. Terras must've missed it on the map, or forgot one would be necessary. Presume one exists somewhere in the building.

Ronin
14 September 2004, 04:42 PM
I just wondered: how is Adrame doing with those lenses?

Plus, I sent Savan down into the warehouse,...does he 'encounter' our visitor? ;)

I'll post a response to Troy's post tonight....sorry! Gotta head off to a boring 4 hour meeting at work...:(

Vanger Chevane
14 September 2004, 05:01 PM
Terras will need to asnwer about Aradme' and the Black Box.

Savan left just before Troy did. He hasn't made it very far into the container maze, and bits of glass have been randomly hitting the floor for most of the night...

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
14 September 2004, 05:02 PM
Adreme: The lense boxes resemble those taken from an astomech unit, their purpose to be able to record and display holographic content. Its just the lenses and minimal lelectronics to make it work. Theres no indicator whether they're on or off. But each can be easily unpligged from the wires attached to the case.

Savan just got down the the floor, is probably still walking around, not likely have gotten over to the front doors where the speeders are...

Rostek
15 September 2004, 12:27 PM
Huzzah! My first post in this game. I look forward to you guys not fatally shooting me within a few minutes :D

Vanger Chevane
15 September 2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Rostek
Huzzah! My first post in this game. I look forward to you guys not fatally shooting me within a few minutes :D
Blasters can be set to Stun.

And it's notoriously difficult to get information from a corpse. :P

Dr_Worm
15 September 2004, 01:42 PM
:D I could drop a grenade through the skylight if you want. LOL kidding of course.

Rostek
15 September 2004, 01:48 PM
As tempting as that is, Doc I think I'll pass ;)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
15 September 2004, 05:38 PM
Awww, not even a glop grenade?!? Oh what a goey mess that would make, for a real sticky encounter :P

If i knew Troy had a sadistic side to her, i'd imagine it'd be like ploinking cred-chips into a water tank but only much more fun... Just hope Tatsu and Savan are wearing non-stick clothing :P

*checks through supplied locker inventory list: stun grenades, frag grenades, smoke grenades, grenade luancher, box of TD's... drat! no glop grenades! I just knew we missed something...* <-- moment of GM remorsefullness....

Ronin
15 September 2004, 05:43 PM
#groundskeeper Willie voice#"Grease me up, woman!" ;0 :D

Don't worry Rostek...my blaster's still on stun...
do spears have stun settings...?

Vanger Chevane
16 September 2004, 12:24 PM
#groundskeeper Willie voice#"Grease me up, woman!" ;0 :D

Don't worry Rostek...my blaster's still on stun...
do spears have stun settings...?
Yes they do.

It's called "Use the un-pointy end, Fluke".

:P

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
21 September 2004, 11:49 PM
Well, i've some good news for you people...

I've re-located our RG2 website to a new location, where both I and Vanger have access to it for updating and adding game content...

Speaking of updates, I've managed to get dreamweaver re-installed, and have made some updates to the site...
- Characters page: Kyle's description, Erron Carrec
- Locations: full map linkages for every peice presented sofar - door, office, stairs, upstairs suite...

So, without further adieu, please re-bookmark the page at: http://www.rt-ma.org/SWchar/RG2/home
(yes, my signature linkage has been updated too)

Ris
22 September 2004, 08:49 AM
GM's: I was wondering, what rank does Kiry hold--or rather "held"? Another Lt.? She's about 28 & was a flight surgeon for several years so it might be higher.

I had fun playing Jedi last Saturday. One of the local Toy's R Us stores had a little event in connection with the OT Release. the Rebels & Jedi actually got to lead the little parade. And the kids & grown-ups loved us. And next month is going to be even more fun. Our fave local con is in the middle of the month. The whole family loves this one. Plus our family friend Donovan Morningfire will be down for a visit & to enjoy the con. Then at the end of the month, the 501st & Rebel Legions are visiting 1 of our local children's hospitals for their Halloween parade & party. I organize these visits once or twice a year.

And as if that's not busy enough, we're busy moving this month--just down the block. There's a bigger house, and we really need it. 2 kids, 2 parents, & 1 (brain-challenged) Lab really don't fit well in a 2 bedroom, 1 bath house.

Ronin
22 September 2004, 09:09 AM
Ris, what costumes do you have?
Since I moved to Jpn I got into Cosplay here...haven't joined the local 501st yet...

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
22 September 2004, 09:31 AM
Well, least your having fun with some of those events Ris ;)
Moving's a drag, haing done it a few times in the last 3 years, but the bigger place - more space would be well worth it.

We'll get the ranks stuff sorted out, since we've a mix & match of rank & non-ranked.

One last note - We may or may-not have one or couple players migrate over from RG1... this is the group I & Vang are playing in though it's been in the dry-docks for a few months now - GM nowheres to be seen as with some of the players and the co-gm is non-existant...

Ris
22 September 2004, 12:37 PM
Ronin, for Rebel Legion, I have Jedi & Endor Commando (the poncho version, like Leia's). I'm eventually going to do a Zabrak make-up for the commando. A girlfriend who does Maul is going to help me--when we both get some time. For the 501st, I've a stormtrooper officer, but I'm redoing it. I used to have Ysanne Isard, but I don't know where the costume is now. I'm slowly working on a TIE pilot, but I won't be able to afford the helmet for a while. My husband has stormtrooper officer, Rebel officer, Jedi, & Emperor's Advisor (one of the guys hanging around Palpatine in ROTJ). The 501st Garrison members here in Florida are very cool & a lot of fun. They also work closely with the more active members of the Rebel Legion Base, which is great. Of course I get teased sometimes when I'm in Rebel/Jedi gear, but I don't care, they know I'll give back as good as I get.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that you do Maul? I know that's a difficult costume, I have 2 pals who do that one.

Ronin
22 September 2004, 07:12 PM
Yeah, I do Maul (by God it's hot!), Ep2 Anakin and Neo (Lobby Scene)....I've got a friend-of-a-friend who has a fantastic Jango Fett suit, but he can't wear it often since Jpnz summers are so hot and humid! :)

darth_wyld
22 September 2004, 11:06 PM
btw: Seth is down at the terminal, checking details about the curfew, who is not under curfew, what papers must be carried to proof you are not under curfew.

And he looks for data on Ner Antillies.

Vanger Chevane
23 September 2004, 02:50 PM
<b>Wyld</b>, will have some more details for you soon as we agree on them, & have the Planetary Net spit em out for ya.

A Martial-Law Curfew limits ppl from traveling after-hours to necessary & authorized personnel, and then it's straight travel, no side-stops.

Everything you've gotten is simple stuff you could've pulled from the terminal downstairs. Consider why there's a completely separate 2nd system up here.

You may also want to share what you have learned so far (Check your PM box).

<b>Ris</b>, has anyone checked the 'fresher, lockers, or rooms for cosmetics and such?

In fact, has anyone <i>gone</i> to the 'fresher in the past four to six hours? :P

Rostek
23 September 2004, 02:52 PM
Ris, has anyone checked the 'fresher, lockers, or rooms for cosmetics and such?
Eronn went when he was in the dumpster... twice :P
So then, I assume, we'll be finding out shortly if Eronn's papers will work.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
24 September 2004, 01:42 AM
Alrighty, a couple tidbits here...

mainly late tonight I and Vanger have been revamping the RG2 website in a few areas... made some changes, tweaks and advances... You may need to hit refresh on your browser a couple times to see the changes, and we're sure you'll be pleased or amazed...

btw, I and Vanger don't know a whole lot about html coding, so we've been scrounging the net 99% for learning how to make and add these changes... i'm quite pleased. I hope you players will be to :)

So, i'll stop babling now... Checkout the difference! :)

p.s. Let us know what you think!

red5_5
24 September 2004, 06:01 PM
I'm back! Sorry for the long absence everyone, I promise it won't happen again. I will have a post up tomorrow, I've just got to catch up in the IC thread. Sorry again.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
25 September 2004, 12:51 PM
from Ris: "Rissy may be Internet-deprived again."

Basically they're moving into a larger house today, and not sure if the Verizon has the DSL transfered over. Guess they'll find out soon enough.

Ronin
27 September 2004, 07:42 AM
That shouldn't be a problem, I think Kyle and Kiry need the rest :)

Have Seth and the Lieut' got stuff to do, or can we fast-forward a bit and wake up?

Rostek
27 September 2004, 08:16 AM
wyld and I could probably make our checks as though we had been working the entire time, and then FF.

Ris
27 September 2004, 08:47 AM
And then there's the little matter of the umpteenth hurricane coming through yesterday. :P Not sure when I can be online for long. Probably depends on Hubby getting the computer up at the new place.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
30 September 2004, 01:32 PM
hey-ho! i'm back around here... i admit, got busy with a few things non-holonet for the last week or so ;)

I and Vanger shall get things updated and moving along again shortly ;)

on a side note: sw battlefront multiplayer is VERY addicting for the pc version and using yim voice chat :) I tell ya, the game says it like it is - "See the battles in the movies, now take part in them!!!" :D

Ris
1 October 2004, 08:02 AM
Hopefully, I'll be able to play this weekend. We didn't lose power from Jeanne, but, as some of you know, our monitor died--so we haven't had a working pc system at home. My hubby is going to replace it today, Lor' willin' & the crik don' rise.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
3 October 2004, 10:47 PM
Glad to hear Ris :)

Guess the game's waiting on us gm's ...

I've been out for the last several evenings and back late, and no way to catch vanger online...

Alrighty, we'll try have an update out sometime later today ;)

So stay tuned ;) The game does slow down sometimes, but never for long!

Lastly, on a peculiar note of interest, sofar our RG2 icc thread pretty much is holding the top numbers for both post count and view count in the roleplaying section :)

Ris
4 October 2004, 08:26 AM
Well, it's going to be at least this coming Friday (10/8) before I can really participate--my employer understandably frowning on recreational internet use (I'm at lunch right now). After My Hubby got the system up & running with a new monitor, we couldn't get online. He called up Verizon (this was a week after our ph. & DSL were supposedly switched to the new place, mind) & they told him that they had to treat it like a new install & it wasn't scheduled to start until the 8th, & we could either wait or ask for a dial-up account. Not wanting to either tie up our 1 line or court even more screw-up artistry, we've decided to wait.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
4 October 2004, 12:06 PM
No problems Ris, thx for the updates ;) probably by this weekend it'll be "day break / morning" ingame time :)

Vanger Chevane
4 October 2004, 01:34 PM
I would remind the ISP that as they've breached the contract, I'm not resposible to pay for service they can't & won't deliver.

If they'd like to go to court over like ten bux, I'll be happy to watch them spend many thousands to lose in front of a Judge.

You'd be amazed how quickly things get fixed when companies are reminded that it does hurt their income to foul up & not deliver.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
6 October 2004, 09:11 PM
Nice pic of pix red5 ;) I and Vanger should setup a photos area in the characters section for these (after permision granted by artist)...

Normally we'd include them with the stats & biography pages though those since still been requested kept private, I and Vanger can scheme up a comfotable design & web code to just host the pics, or add a column in the chars table as thumbnails or something that opens a new window or frame when clicked on...

Suffice to say, I and Vang really enjoy working on the website, and learning new html, javascript, and CSS code to improve & bring new function to the site :)

red5_5
7 October 2004, 12:50 PM
:) Thanks Terras! I've always loved that picture, so I decided to combine my character description with the pic. I think that a photos area would be great. It will help everyone better visualize each character.

Vanger Chevane
7 October 2004, 02:27 PM
Seth & Erron, the computer you're using is hooked to the Holoprojector surrounded by the couches. Presumably you've been working in that area. Requests to the Planetary- & Holo-net are routed through the public terminal downstairs in the "office" so any sniffers can't trace beyond what would normally exist.

Terras & I are still going over the full computer's (most comps are simply terminals for the Worldnet & Holonet, so this is quite unusual as well as limited in capacity by comparison. Also semi-portable, like yer desktop/tower) contents at this time.

Red5_5, nice choice of pic. We'll hafta discuss formats & layouts for inclusion into the R-Team site, you may wanna get permission to use that pic from the artist.

red5_5
7 October 2004, 02:45 PM
Ok Vanger I'll see if I can get permission from the artist.

Ris
8 October 2004, 08:32 AM
I'll be posting IC late tonight or tomorrow. Even with the computer & DSL functional, Real Life is still busy. But it's turned towards fun-busy

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
8 October 2004, 06:06 PM
If you both Rostek and Red5 can bear a slight delay in recieving further info, Vanger and I are putting together something we think will be somewhat more interactive "website" style for ya now and as template for future possibilities ... ;)

Rostek
9 October 2004, 10:28 AM
Oooooo, Mysterious :D
Very well, but it had better be good ;)

red5_5
9 October 2004, 08:51 PM
Just visited the website and saw the new feature. Great job guy's! :) It's going to be very useful.

One request: Could you update Adramé's physical description?

Great update, keep up the good work!!

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
10 October 2004, 12:10 AM
Thx red5, it's just been improved slightly... ;)

The little news tidbit thingy is nothin much - an on the spot idea i had today while taking a break on the main project...I have just re-worked it. I too thought it would cool to have the little news bits accessable on the front page... Rather than everyone needing dig through the thread for them. I figured it also kinda went with the theme - the two opening paragraphs about the game on the main page...

Who knows, perhaps this game thread will get posted on-site as a one page document or something in the future ;)

However, what Vang and I are preparing on the website for this game is much much more :)

Yup, I'll update your char's description red5, possibly when I wake up. ;)

So, nobody else looked at the site since we started updating it and enhancing it since sept 24th? If nobody else did, don't worry about it for the moment... Best part of all, even with all the new things being added into the site, its still very light-weight and dial-up friendly!

All I can say is, what we started this site out as, and what we're doing with it today, we had never imagined it possible until now.

Ronin
10 October 2004, 03:35 AM
Sorry I haven't posted much recently...busy here and I've got visitors. I don't think there's a lot for Tatsu to do at the moment anyway :)

Rostek
10 October 2004, 07:17 AM
Sweetness! Nice addition, and you're right, it's still very lean and usable.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
10 October 2004, 09:40 AM
There's more to come and shall remain on the light side... err, light wieght ;)

Red5, Adramé's desc is updated :)

red5_5
10 October 2004, 09:42 AM
Thanks Terras! Can't wait to see what else you have for the site. :)

Ris
10 October 2004, 05:09 PM
Is it my bad computer karma, an irate computer-kami, or is the GHNN newsfeed on the webpage a heading but not a link?

Because if it's a link, I can't use it.

Vanger Chevane
10 October 2004, 08:59 PM
Certain bits are links. They're underlines & should be a color other than the stock-text blue.

In case you still can't get to the newsbites (all of which are post in the IC thread)

Rebel Safe Houses Crackdown (http://www.rt-ma.org/SWchar/RG2/GHNN/News-001.htm)
Martial Law Declared (http://www.rt-ma.org/SWchar/RG2/GHNN/News-002.htm)
Dr. Kieranne Noor Missing (http://www.rt-ma.org/SWchar/RG2/GHNN/News-003.htm)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
10 October 2004, 09:54 PM
Hmm, Good news Ris & Dr Worm, is that its not computer-kami or computer-karma on your end...

It seems to be Browser incompatabilities regarding the GHNN iFrame contents and Marquee function that makes 2 sets of text scroll...

What it should show is: CLICK THIS to see my screenshot image as displayed in IE (http://www.members.shaw.ca/rpg1.jadesfire/blah.bmp)
GHNN News Feed
"The Source for your Daily Galactic News"
[ scrolling right to left] ~~Today's Headlines: Dr. Kieranne Noor Missing! ~~
News Archives:
[scrolling bottom to top]
Raltiir System, Grallia City: Dr. Kieranne Noor Missing!
Raltiir System, Grallia City: Nightly News, Martial Law Declared!
Raltiir System, Grallia City: Rebel Safehouses Crackdown

Works Good:
Internet Explorer
Mozilla Firefox

Dosn't Work:
Mozilla (plain kind)
Netscape 7.x (only tried 7.1)

Untested:
Opera

Misc Notes:
On IE, the marquee'd scrolling text does take a few seconds to show onscreen as they each have different scroll speeds... When clicking on the news titles, it replaces the text with the headline news articles you've seen in the I.C thread, that slowly scrolls top-down so you can read it...

Ris - what browser are you using? An older version of IE or one of the browsers in the dosn't work list?

Theres a couple things I can try I suppose... I'll do some testing and update this post with results good or bad...

Ris
11 October 2004, 03:05 AM
TJ, I'not sure which version of IE we have--I think 5 or 6. All I see in the GHNN on the main page is the stock-blue title. None of the headline links. But it looks good in the screen-shot

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
11 October 2004, 12:03 PM
Well Ris, I'm using version IE 6 (with browser service pack 2) for XP... Technically 6.0.2800.1106.xpsp2

It easy to check whether you have 5.x or 6.x or older . In the IE menu bar: File Edit Favorites Tools Help .... Click on Help -> About Internet Explorer

I'm just finding this to be really strange. I suppose there's also the MSN Explorer, though I pretty much thought that was just IE 5x or 6x re-bagged...

Hey, everyone else that can see the GHNN links, post back here with what IE version your using...

I'll do some further testing & tweaking...
And Ris, try this url: http://www.rt-ma.org/SWchar/RG2/GHNN/GHNN

It'll be a white page (no background) with the light blue text and links as yellow or red, hopefully not too hard to read. This url is the page insert that is being loaded into the space below the GHNN area. Thats what iFrames are - webpage embeded within a web-page... The same thing i've done for "Site Updates"

Also, try this page: http://www.rt-ma.org/SWchar/RG2/Delta5
i've made a couple edits / tweaks to the GHNN area, hoping it will work for you...

red5_5
11 October 2004, 01:15 PM
Terras I can see the scrolling. My browser is MSN Explorer 7.02.0011.2700

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
12 October 2004, 08:54 AM
OK, i've been really testing this out now... been making slight tweaks and edits and have been testing it with netscape...

Interestingly, even though it was reported netscape dosnt like iFrames, it still shows them now, just fine... its all the little code tags used within the iFrame statement that'll either make or break iFrame in browsers....

Here's a revision that I'm hoping will work for you Ris, please try this:
http://www.rt-ma.org/SWchar/RG2/Delta10

Ris
12 October 2004, 03:12 PM
yes, it works. thanks

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
13 October 2004, 12:56 AM
Ok, i changed the file names so that what used to be "Delta10" is now the regular home page.

Some good news, the "project" is pretty much done and ready to be launched!!!

If Vanger and myself were profesional website builders, we'd have probably had the project done in 2 days. But we're not, and this is becoming a very fun learning experiance and hobby. Its fun because it's always a new learning process, sometimes having re-do it from the drawing board until we get it right or so it does what we wanted it to do.

Well, i'm played out, hands are tired, and gonna get some sleep... oy, nearly 3am... it'll be unvieled later today ;)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
14 October 2004, 12:52 AM
*curtains raise, as 2001 space odesy dawn of mankind music plays*

*stands at podium*
May I have everyone's attention please?

We GM's are proud to anounce the new addition to the website.

Many countless hours of coding, scratch, and rebuilding...

Many more countless hours of and testing and tweaking...

*drum thum-thums*

It's finally Operational and Online!!!!

*does Obi-wan imitation*
The information Adrame & Eronn are looking for is in there...

Go seek, find and enjoy!

*bows at music finale, as curtains drop and hidden metal bar >clanks!!!< GM over the head on cue... gm is knocked out*

Couldn't resist :P Anyways, it's 2:49am and its curtains for me now...

darth_wyld
14 October 2004, 01:02 AM
Wow! Two thumbs up!

8o 8o

Dr_Worm
14 October 2004, 09:41 AM
As always...nice work man.

Vanger Chevane
14 October 2004, 01:47 PM
He musta been waaay tired...

Had to go back in & quickly edit out the GM nfo from a new Recipe & adjust some of the other info. Keep in mind the Imperial Military's NhM bias...Non-huMan. Aliens & Women with rank are to be respected...and feared.

We will be adding/changing stuff as we go along, keeping the datapad current with IC events. :D

Ris
14 October 2004, 06:26 PM
OK, it looks pretty. I just hope that info that's not in our alphabet is supposed to be that way.

(Yes, I'm rather slower on the uptake than usual. I've been spending lots of time sewing on costumes these past couple weeks. And now I'm not only sewing on costumes but listening to my hubby & Donovan Morningfire having an informal contest to see who has the weirest sense of humor.)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
14 October 2004, 10:07 PM
Yep Ris, thats random ascii character codes... holding down the alt key and typing a few numbers on the keypad... example: alt-0444 results in: ¼

Didn't have much ideas what to put for it, to make it llike a medical identifier code of some sorts.... machine code i guess you could call it, wave one of those optical wands over it ;)

suppose it could be changed to anything else like #123-456 or anythin else :P

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
15 October 2004, 01:27 PM
btw, red5 & rostek - you don't need to wait for an update from us to post with the new info ;)

don't worry, when you browse and search around for the data, you won't find anything that our not supposed to ;)

Vanger Chevane
15 October 2004, 01:53 PM
Tha data entries that are just a block of trash are still encrypted. You might be able to decrypt some of them later on as needed.

the block of characters used to represent data not available is actually a chunk of Seth's caracter pic as shown in Notepad. :P

Dr_Worm
19 October 2004, 03:58 PM
I am sending this out to all of you to inform you that due to personal and financial reasons I am canceling my internet service. This will only be temporary, but for how long I am not sure. I am not sure if I will come back to earthlink or not, and in the mean time I will peobably check in on my email every couple weeks or so via public terminals. For this reason I will have an email account open that I can check from anywhere. The new account will be:
drworm73@gmail.com

Sorry for having to drop for this game, it is one of the best I have ever been in, but I will be back eventually. Untill then I will keep up with the events when I can get to a public terminal, but aside from that I cannot participate. Sorry.

Ronin
19 October 2004, 04:30 PM
Doc, I'm so sorry to hear that! :(
I hope we can keep Troy on as an NPC until you can rejoin the group. Take it easy, and good luck mate!

darth_wyld
19 October 2004, 11:39 PM
Vanger: LOL! I heard before that you could encrypt data in pictures but that... :D

Doc Sorry to hear that! Hope you'll be back soon...

red5_5
20 October 2004, 02:40 PM
Hope you get back soon Doc.

Just letting everyone know I'm going to be gone on vacaton until Monday.

Ris
20 October 2004, 03:27 PM
Take care, Dr. W. hope your sabbatical is short.

I'm finally back & partly recovered from my weekend at Necronomicon. We had a pretty good time, although Hubby & I didn't get in as much gaming as we wanted--is there such a thing as "enough gaming?" And Donovan Morningfire joined us again.

And now it's time to brag a bit about my & Hubby's claim to SW fame. As Jedi Knight & Rebel General respectively, we were part of a contingent from the Rebel Legion costuming organization presenting Timothy Zahn with an honorary membership. And the whole thing was my idea B) Mr. Zahn is not only a gifted writer, he's a true gentleman and a lot of fun.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
21 October 2004, 12:31 AM
Sounds like you've had a nice time Ris ;)

Well, I guess Troy is up for NPC'ing (temporarily)... The question is - Do I and Vanger handle her or does one or more of you think you've got a good enough impresion of Troy to want to take care of her for the temporary time being? ;)

Either way, Troy is staying with this group so Dr.W will have a char to come back to. Dr.W hasn't left me any p.m's or e-mail with instructions or plans regarding her, so for the time being that does give us all a bit of lee-way. I have sent him an e-mail asking about a few things about what he was wanting done with her...

So for now, whichever one of us wants to handle Troy should be alright (so the game can keep moving along), and when I hear definative word from Dr.W, i'll be sure to let you all know!

Ronin
21 October 2004, 06:39 AM
I vote for you GMs handling Troy...you've got her background and stats afterall. :)

Ris
21 October 2004, 02:39 PM
I think the GM's handling her is is the best option too.

darth_wyld
21 October 2004, 02:48 PM
I'm in favor of the GM's, too!

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
21 October 2004, 03:29 PM
alrighty. I just thought it fair to let ya all get a choice / say in the matter ;)

red5_5
25 October 2004, 03:46 PM
Hey, everybody! I'm back from my trip and ready to start posting again. I'll have one up by tomorrow.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
27 October 2004, 04:52 PM
looks like everyone's getting ready to go rescue a kid...

Everyone just gonna go out in public as they are?

And those ID's arn't there for looking pretty.. they still need to be forged into pressed cards ;)

all the materials listed or needed are availble within the office & suite...

Rostek
27 October 2004, 05:02 PM
And those ID's arn't there for looking pretty.. they still need to be forged into pressed cards
Cool. Anyone else with the Forgery skill?
It'd go a lot faster if I had some help (or better yet someone for me to help! ;) ).

Ronin
27 October 2004, 05:18 PM
I don't have any ranks in Forgery, just my +2 Int bonus, not really worth me doing the forgeries.

I do, on the other hand, have a +4 in Disguise, so I'll set to work changing my appearance and clothes (and those of anyone else who wants it).
What clothes can I find in the bedrooms? Anything that'll fit me? If so, I'll keep my own clothes in my backpack and get myself a set of clothes as different from my usual style as possible...actually, work coveralls would be best. I'd rather not chop off my long hair, but maybe I'd best...

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
27 October 2004, 05:51 PM
Long hair eh??? Have Tatsu ask to borrow a push-up bra, and some makeup advice from one of the gals :D j/k :D

seriously though, the coveralls are in the various lockers downstairs office, possibly a few in the suite of grey, tan & navy... In the speedervan - A couple spare Imp army uniforms, along with 2 E-11's, an officer's pistol, and a light repeater... in a floor compartment. You'll find some imp uniform accessories where you find the blank id cards...

Some spare civilian clothing in each of the room closets... Might need to raid each closet. its all a random ecentric selection of stuff, like the rest of the suite's furnishings... ie: enough stuff to make ya a rock star, drag queen, varsity "dive" club go'er, some bum off the street, or some random person in the crowd...

With a well rounded group like this, I dont think theres a skill that hasn't been bought with at least a few ranks ;)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
1 November 2004, 10:04 PM
Ehh, that joke was a real conversation stopper eh? :P

Well, sorry for the abscense, was holding out on ya all - had moved from the apartment into a small house over the weekend ;) just got the cable/net hooked up on sat and just got to setting up my computer and bedroom late tonight...

still got stuff to unpack over the next few weeks...

i'll have to read and get caught up in the current game happenings...

darth_wyld
1 November 2004, 10:21 PM
I've got forgery and if someone nudges Seth he will stop staring into his mug and help (forgery +5).

Ris
2 November 2004, 03:02 AM
I won't have time to do an IC post until tonight, but I have a few more ideas, after mulling over a chat with VC.

Ronin
2 November 2004, 05:29 AM
Terras, you live in a house now?!
Lucky blighter!
Congrats anyway. :)

Wyld: Tatsu was talking to everyone...kinda.....

Rostek
3 November 2004, 07:08 AM
Wow, it's pretty incredible the amount of posting done without a GM update... A wonderful testament to the roleplaying of everyone (for the sake of modesty, I'll leave my role ambiguous, since hey, I'm just not that good ;) ).

Ronin
3 November 2004, 07:20 AM
"Otanjoubi omedetou gozaimasu!" as we say here in Japan!
Have a great day mate! :)

Ris
3 November 2004, 12:48 PM
Yes, happy B-day!

Vanger Chevane
3 November 2004, 01:28 PM
First, kudos for the great roleplay.

Cards are forged decently well, but the Datagrams are missing some key bits of personal info, plus you have to upload the completed ID info to the Imperial MilNet.

Troy & Savan need recoloring, most if not all of you need to change your appearance.

It's reasonable to presume that poor Tetengo will be put into "Protective Custody" by Imperial Forces to prevent a kidnapping by Rebel Terrorists so as to leverage Dr. Noor into cooperating, as soon as the idea & resulting orders filter through the Bureaucracy.

BTW, the Bombagram said she was delayed a few days. You've been there less than 24 hours. The Grallia Spaceport is also locked up tight, nothing leaves, anything coming in is thoroughly inspected & grounded. Atmospheric & Orbital Patrols including a few Capital Ships are in place to intercept any unexpected depatures. Moff Remillard does not play.

We the Evil GM's have plans for you, but you came up with this so you wouldn't spend a Boring Weekend at Auntie's Place. :P

Chrono's counting up. ;)

Ronin
3 November 2004, 04:11 PM
So, if I read you right, Aunty's gonna contact us in a coupla days...so it's best if we don't try to get off planet because:
a. then we'll miss Aunty's call.
b. we'll be slaughtered by the Imperial ships in orbit.

Sooo...saving Tetengo is our own invention, to keep up busy for a few days? ;)