PDA

View Full Version : IC: Q:TU Rebel #2



Pages : [1] 2 3

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
5 February 2004, 01:58 PM
Transfering over posts... Awaiting Comms signal... Please standby... Comm signal Uplink Commencing..................

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


OOC: Ok, whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your doing, an active vidscreen plays nearby, the following catches your attention:


"... And now for the news at noon, galactic newsfeed brought to you by GHNN - Galactic Holo News Network" *GHNN logo* "GHNN, Your source for important & current galactic events"

*Newsline Jingle* Late last night, for the second time this month a Xucphra bacta convoy was hijacked leaving Thyferra. The convoy was destined for Sullust, to help recovery efforts for last week's unexplained explosion at SoroSuub factories. Two hundred workers still remain wounded, several dozens may perish from shortage and lack of bacta treatment.

Broadacsting with a live feed from the bridge of the Imperial Star Destroyer, Subjugator, with Captain Trulot.
*splitscreen of GHNN Report & Trulot*
GHNN: Captain Trulot, if you can spare a moment of your valuable time, could you tell us what happened and who's responsible for the hijackings?
Trulot: It is most asuredly the Rebels.
GHNN: Could you share with us some insight as to how you distinguished both hijackings as Rebels rather than pirate activity?
Trulot: Our inteligence reports indicate theyre rapidly going short on bacta supply. Shortage breeds desperate measures.
GHNN: How can you be certain?
Trulot: Sublight & Hyperdrive sensor readings are a positive match on vessel types and entrance vectors used. Furthermore, precursor to both times, we've been engaged outside the system by what we can confirm now as decoy attacks. Unfortunately, suceeding in delaying us so we arrive just after the hijackings. Both groups were organized and co-ordinated. Only the Rebels have forces sufficient enough numbers to carry out such plans.
GHNN: We understand your busy, Do you have any other brief comments to make?
Trulot: Indeed. As of right now, additional support vessels are arriving in system, and all traffic within the Thyferran system will be closely monitored.
GHNN: Thankyou for your time, Captain Trulot. *end splitscreen*. GHNN reporters will remain onsite at Thyferra to keep you informed of any events.

In other news, Tibanna Gas shares skyrocket at Coruscant Market Depot, as new potential locations found. More to come later. But first, the Ralltiir local news.

Earlier this morning, in Grallia suburbs, Imperial forces cracked down on several Rebel safe houses. Thanks to an anonymous tip, the crackdowns were able to be co-ordinated in concert, leading to the very sucessfull arrests of two dozen Rebel activists, and many associates. Inspection of the sites revealed caches of stolen imperial weaponry and other illegal explosives which may have been used in the bombing of the local pharmaceuticals lab earlier last month. 18 Lab technicians died in the blast, no survivors.

As of right now, Sector Moff Soreld has declared stepping up city patrols and increased security at Grallia spaceport. Any activity appearing questionable or suspicious in nature can and will be subject to detainment or immediate arrest. Any tips reported will be rewarded accordingly once verified as useful. Please report any tips Immediately. You can even just punch ISB* at any Information Kiosk to connect to the proper authorities. Remember, loyalty to the Empire is always rewarded.

"More to come after this newsbreak...And now a word from our sponsors..."

OOC: Do note your on the planet Ralltiir. Your each members of different rebel cells on the planet, which rebels cells caught were not mentioned specifically. None of your characters have met yet. Please post in or out of character the current whereabouts in or outside of Grallia city, and currently what your character is doing... Thx

[edit] Minor edit: even do a narrative if you want... how far to go or how much to post? just something enough to get ya started ;)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
5 February 2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Lopan

Savan was having a drink at a local Cantina. He was talking to an attractive female human sitting next to him. Savan plays along with her, although he is already bored. He laughs at her jokes when appriopriate, and discusses her job that she hates. Savan smiles when the vidscreen in front of him starts to display recent news.

Savan grows concerned. Which safe houses were discovered? Could it be mine? Unsure whether he should stay and check at a later time or check out of this conversation and look now, while the news was still fresh, he decides to look now.

He tells the lady he realized he is late for an appointment, she says to call her on the comlink sometime, he smiles and says he looks forward to it. Now he leaves the cantina towards his safe house, not far from the cantina itself.

Dr_Worm
5 February 2004, 02:05 PM
Troykaw barely looked up as the news feed ended. When it had started she was in the middle of feild stripping her targeting rifle. Now, as she finished, she began to break it down in to small components, and wrap each in fiber-free cloth. She wrapped the whole thing in a bundle and put it in her pack.

Though on the oustide Troykaw remained cool and focused, inside she was roiling with panic. The little apartment she was in began to close in on her as she gathered what little gear she had and placed it in her pack. Leaving evidence behind was probably a moot point, but she was loath to leave behind even a single piece of gear. Lastly she reached under her matress and grabbed a tattered and stained old book, kissed it, and packed it away. She double checked her knives, made sure her carbine was hidden in the pack, but accessable, and checked the security camera that showed the hallway.

Troykaw breathed a sigh of relief as she saw the way was clear, and without looking back left the apartment for good.

Taking a left, Troykaw, avoided front and took the back way out of the building. It was pretty horrific, as it led past an enormous midden heap, but it was subtle. It was also, thankfully, brief, and before too long she had moved in to the flow of foot traffic in the tourist district of Grallia City. She let her eye catch some crappy nic-nacks and crafts that the locals sold to outworlders, and stopped to look at some. She could care less about the gewgaws, but she used these oppertunites to check to see if she ws being tailed.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
5 February 2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Ronin
Out on a forested clifftop, kilometers from Grallia city, trees gently swaying in the sea breeze, Tatsu` stood in a small glade.
His naginata lightly held in his hands, he focused on the closest trees: one infront, one behind. He saw them not as wood, but as white armour-clad killers...stormtroopers.
Breathing deeply he tightened his grip on the weapon`s shaft. He try to block out the caws of seabirds....and concentrate on the wind blowing through the 2 nearest trees...
springing into action he swept the blade through the tree directly behind him, ducking an imagined shot from the front.
At that moment his commlink bleeped, destroying his concentration, and sending him sprawling across the grass.
"Puduu!" he cursed through gritted teeth.
Walking across to his backpack; lying on the ground a few metres away...he paused.
Drawing his blaster pistol he turned back to the remaining, offending tree...and fired at it.
As the foliage kindled and smoked, he answered his comlink...

red5_5
5 February 2004, 03:11 PM
Lying on the ground in her parents speeder garage, Adramé Morituri sticks her hand out for her longtime friend, Bardan Torsin. He puts a hydrospanner in her hand and she replies, "Thanks." She begins her work on the repulsorlift unit of her old speeder bike.

"The sooner we get done working on this peice of junk, the sooner I get to watch the shockboxing match," Bardan states. He turns the portable vidscreen on. "Well I'll be a hutt's uncle! They finally found some of those darned rebels!" he says in surprise.

"What!?" Adramé says. She lifts her head up to get a better look at the screen, forgetting that she is under the speeder. "Ouch! Next time I'll have to look before I get up." She turns to Bardan, "Can you finish up here? I just remembered something I forgot to do."

"Sure," Bardan says, "If your not back in time for the shockboxing match, I'll go by myself."

"Thanks, I owe you one," Adramé tells him. Could they have found my cell? I'll have to check and see, but I'd better stay out of range. Straping on her utility belt, she walks out of the garage and onto the streets of Grallia.

darth_wyld
5 February 2004, 11:04 PM
"Weeelll....".
Seth looks into his cards then slowly rises is gaze to meet the eyes of the bearded player across the table.

You have to read him. Just read him...

With a content smile he puts another chip to the pile and leans back.
He listens to the holonews, sounding above the din of the cantina.

Oh, come on! I've been here for three weeks! They can't already have found my cell!

The bearded guy sees the faint shimmer of dispair on Seths face and begins a triumphant grin. "Let's see what you got!"
Seth looks up to him, composed again. "Bad luck! I fold! Gotta go!", grabs his chips and leaves.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
6 February 2004, 10:30 PM
From the in the forrested clifftop, where Tatsu stood, the sky was blue, few puffy white clouds, in the distance, the citie's ambience of people bustling about their daily buisiness, and then....

In one part of the city (the side facing Tatsu)... Visibly, audibly, for many city blocks around and in the sky, the noise of city ambience is silenced momentarily by a deep chest pounding thunderous TH-WOOOOOMP! Ka-BOOOOOM!!!!!, as a large fiery column of explosion rockets towards the clouds above, followed by bellowing thick plumes of smoke & flaming tendrils imediately after with peices of debris begin to rain down.

The entire block was a scene of utter destruction and chaos. Windows were shattered from the shockblast, shards of glass sparkling like diamonds scattered throughout the debris covered street. Speeders were over turned, burning, half shoved into nearby buildings & storefronts. Bloodied bodies like tossed ragdolls lay unmoving, a child's voice could be heard crying nearby (to those who wherent momentarily deafened). Strewn outwards from the blast were flaming ruble, burnt debris, including charred bits and peices, parts of black & white stormtrooper armor, including a full squad, lay sprawled, unmoving...

Citizens farther down the block, look around confused, in shock, in horror, and stagger dizzily about... Minutes later, the shrill of city rescue ordinance sirens could be heard racing to the vicinity, followed by GHNN News and even more squads of Stormtroopers.

Elsewheres in and other parts of the city...


Around the corner of the cantina, as Savan headed for his safehouse, a shinny black Arakyd speeder sat across the street from the safehouse's door.

Troykaw continued to look interested in the gewgaws, as a cadre of Stormtroopers rounded the corner and marched down the street, their visors swiviling, always on the constant lookout. The smiling Sullustan merchant glanced at the troopers then held up a small slender artful picture viewer molded from a palm sized peice of plasteel. "How about this decorative picture holder? Store and view all your memorable photos. Only 5 creds."

As Adrame drove her speeder towards the safehouse, a glance back revealed a shiny black Arakyd speeder was following. A few blocks later it turned down the other street. As Adrame aproached her safehouse, yet a block away, There was a hovertruck parked near it. On one side of the building, several Stormtroopers were affixing explosives to the wall...

In another smokey cantina other side of the city, moderatly lit with low hung lamps over card tables and scant clad waitresses... As Seth got up and headed for the exit, a portly man who sat at the table blocked Seth's path with his arm. Set tried to sidestep his reach, bumping into a nearby waitress, prompting a "Hey! watch where your stepping!"

Several patrons glanced over at seth's direction, some casually dressed, others in overcoats, some in buisiness suits. Some seem more interested in the unwinding situation than others.

The portly man grinned "Oh C'mon now chap, how about one more round? Only cheaters cut and run so quickly, and then we'd have to search you. Convince us with another round that your legit. What's it gonna be?"


OOC: Alright, I typed up the update in no particular order or sequence of events. The explosion is in the south east part of the city. Whether thats in proximity to your locations to see or hear some of it is your choice. Btw, making a few quick skill checks are allowed if you think its required. We're not exactly going round per round here right now, specially for non-combat situations Combat however will be done round-by-round (or as necisary)

darth_wyld
7 February 2004, 03:49 AM
Seth turns to the waitress:

'I apologize, it was my fault.'

Then he turns back to the portly patron and tries to read his intentions. An innocent smile spreads on his face.

'I apologize for setting you under the false impression that I am fleeing your presence. It's not that I am cheating, of course...but the feeling of having a bad streak combined with some... '

He leans closer to the patron, lowering his voice.

'You know there is a cantina just east of the starport and eating there left me with a slight digestional problem.
I will stay for another round or two but... be warned... if something smells funny, it's not my playing.'

He smiles disarmingly, sits back down and sets up 50 Credits smiling all the time.

****
OOC:
Sense motive: Take 10 + 5 Skill --> 15
Gambling: Die: 5 +5 Skill --> 10
He's going to leave 25 Credits to them... sigh!

[Edit: added results]

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
7 February 2004, 09:17 AM
darth_wyld : post #8 for the sense motive result: (dc15)

The portly man was mostly bluffing as he was trying to discreetly warn you of something else. The angle of his outstreched arm could be traced to a group of four men in overcoats sitting and intently observing from a wallside booth few meters away.

Lopan
7 February 2004, 04:40 PM
Savan frowns at the sight of the Arakyd speeder. His frown quickly disappears as an explosion erupts just 2 blocks away. At this distance the blast is still deafening.

Savan runs toward his safehouse yelling, "Somebody help! There is a trapped child! Help!" He runs past the entrance of the safehouse and stops, waiting for someone to exit. All the while repeating the shouts.

Dr_Worm
7 February 2004, 08:28 PM
"How about this decorative picture holder? Store and view all your memorable photos. Only 5 creds."

"Five credits," Troykaw said with a shocked smile, "a fine piece like this...heck it's a steel." She handed over the 5 credits, and as he was handing over the picture viewer she knocked his hand, sendind the viewer craahing to the ground. Giggling foolishly she said, "Oh spit, sorry...my fault." She knealt down picked up the viewer, examining it caefully as she did.

red5_5
7 February 2004, 09:07 PM
Blast! They've discovered my safehouse, good thing I wasn't there. Adramé pulls the speeder to the side of the road, and loosens the clip holding her pistol in its holster. She looks up at the stormtroopers, fingering her blaster. Better not do that, then they would know I was a Rebel. It would be better to try to get in touch with another cell. Adramé starts up the repulsorlift engine and takes a look around, trying to notice if anyone is watching her. She starts down the road, going to the nearest cantina to try to get in contact with any Rebel.

OOC:
Spot: 18 + 9 skill = 27

Ronin
7 February 2004, 10:13 PM
Tatsu gathers up his gear and sprints off through the forest, unscrewing the two halves of his spear as he runs and stashing them in his backpack.
He heads back to the city, heading for the Northern Industrial sector, trying to find a hovercab to speed him on his way...

OOC: Terras, I`ll let you decide how far I am out of the city.

Vanger Chevane
10 February 2004, 03:42 PM
OOC: Here we go. As I don't have Tatsu's sheet with me @work, I'm going to presume he has some sort of piloting skill.

Ronin, Tatsu is about 6Km/3.75 Mi from his Safe House. How close the house is to the edge of town (at least 1.6Km/1Mi inside town) is up to you.

>DING< Round Two :P

Meanwhile, back in the cantina... Most people's attentions went back to whatever they were last occupied with as Seth agreed to another game.

"Chelsea! Another round for the table!" The portly man happily shouted over to the same waitress Seth momentarily bumped into. "No hard feelings eh lad? That news report had you reacting like a startled ronto. Incase you didn't notice, those 4 men in the both nearby seemed to take interest in your departure. They seemed to have left though. If your truly in a hurry, ask Chelsea, she'll show you the back way out." The portly man finished with a slight wink.


On a streetside, the cadre of Stormtroopers marched on. As the viewer fell to the ground, the Sullustan merchant was quick to act, telling Troykaw "Well, whether you broke it or not, you certainly bought it." On first glance, the lid of the viewer popped off upon hitting the ground. A datacard could be seen still firmly seated the bottom storage slot. The top slot was connected to the viewer's circuitry.


The sound of the explosion echoed behind Adrame her speeder as she inocently vacated the scene. A quick glance back showed bright needles of a firefight being exhanged. Left, two blocks down, and then a right, and straight into an Imperial Checkpoint only a few meters ahead, already looking in her direction. One unmarked hovertruck and four Army Troopers. The trooper with the Repeating Blaster looking rather nervous, another standing next to the truck's cab seemed to have stuffed himself into a uniform at least one size too small. The Officer flagged her over: "Halt! We need to see and verify your id, then you may proceed on your way."


Savan hears the unmistakable sound of Booted Thunder, and is shouldered between two buildings by a full platoon of Army Troops running full tilt around the corner, their gray-haired NCO barking orders on the move. "Gimme a 100-meter perimeter now! Get the Civilians outta here, checkpoints there and there, nothing in or out without clear. Stensler, set up shop in that big blue one. Hivisch, Medwagons straight to Triage, what's the ETA on the Extinguishers?" Looking around for an escape route you notice the tattered and scorched head of a toy Teopari by your foot. As you pick it up you can feel it's still hot and that something hard has been tucked into the stuffing of the nose. A shadow crosses where you crouch, and you hear some trooper say "You need to leave the area now".


Tatsu dashes almost blindly through the forest, and almost plows into something largish, blocky, dirty, and with flaking maroon paint.

Blushing with chagrin and relief, he realizes this is where he parked the beat-up, slow, and sometimes contrary "speeder" he borrowed from one of his fellow Rebels to get away from the City for a few days.

Ronin
10 February 2004, 08:51 PM
"Been away from my homeworld for nine years and I still can`t get used to these mechanical contraptions!" Tatsu mutters as he tries to coax the speeder to life.
"Come on, damn you! Spirits give me strength!" he curses.
At last the repulsors cough and whine to life, the speeder unevenly wobbles up scant centimeters from the ground.
Staggering through a turn, Tatsu points the speeder toward the city and the column of rising smoke where he suspects his safehouse used to be!
Throwing the throttle forward...the speeder creaks and begins to sluggishly accelerate.
"Gimme a horse!" Tatsu mutters under his breath.

Some time later, the battered crimson speeder enters the city...
Spotting a squad of Stormies at the city gates, Tatsu quicky pulls the cord from his ponytail and shakes his head, letting his long black hair cover most of his face. Keeping his eyes averted, he waves his citizen`s ID (which shows his profession as "artist"), mutters something about having been out in the country painting water-colour landscapes, and passes into the city, his heart pounding like artillery in his ears.

With the streets full of emergency vehicles and troopers rushing this way and that, he makes his way in stops and starts through the crowded streets toward the billowing smoke...

darth_wyld
10 February 2004, 11:31 PM
After quietly thanking his rescuer Seth walks calmly in the direction the waitress showed him.
He passes some crates and doors labeled 'Private' and opens an old door with peeling paint to the back alley. Standing between stacks of empty boxes and container he looks left and right to check if someone is in the alley. He turns onto the street walking swiftly but not hurried.

He comes out of the backalley and scans the street for the four men from the cantina.

On the street he sees for the first time the huge plume of smoke rising from somewhere to the south, not that far away. He can hear sirens.

Wonder what that was...

He takes course for his safehouse to check if everything is allright there, cautiously checking the area.

****
OOC: Feel free to stop me if I'm going to fast :)
For looking around: Spot +3

Lopan
11 February 2004, 03:43 PM
Savan picks up the toy head and looks up at the trooper.

He stands up and agrees,"Whatever you say."

Savan turns and starts to walk away as he pulls out whatever is stuffed into the toy's head to examine it.

red5_5
11 February 2004, 04:05 PM
Blast! How can this day get any worse? Adramé slows the speeder, bringing it to a stop at the check point. "Hello there," she says to the trooper, "Here you go." She hands him her id, hoping that wherever they got their information on the rebel safe houses, didn't reveal her involvement with the rebels. Adramé keeps her hand on the throttle, just incase they recognize her as a rebel. I may have to make a quick getaway.

Dr_Worm
12 February 2004, 09:39 PM
"Well, whether you broke it or not, you certainly bought it."

"Nice," Troykaw said with some sarchasm, "you sell me crap and...never mind, it's not worth it." She shakes her head and twitches her lekku irratably as she wanders off in to the crowd. Troykaw walked a bit, until she saw a street vender selling noodles. She ordered a bowl with no meat and sat in an out of the way stool with a good view of the street. When she was certain no one was tailing her, Troykaw pulled out the datacard and circuitry and attempted to view whatever was on it. This was not the first emergnecy extraction she had been in on, but it was the first one in which she was the one being extracted.

darth_wyld
13 February 2004, 03:30 AM
After walking a few steps Seth slows down, stops and looks down his vest.
Ok, Laserbrain! Keep your thoughts together, bad time for being stupid! Forgetting that someone dropped something into your... Honestly, if you keep up that kind of performance you are on Kessel faster than you can say Stormtrooper.

Then he checks the contents of his pockets, searching for the added weight he felt after bumping into the waitress...

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
13 February 2004, 09:19 PM
The stuffed plushie toy head in Savan's hands has several artful markings on it. It resembles something that would've been made into a gift for a friend. A Few meters away, a stormtrooper is trying to deter & discourage someone in a maroon speeder from entering the sectioned off area.


OOC: Darth Wyld: spot +3, roll 14 = 17
OOC: your speed of actions is fine!

As you walk out onto the streets, and have a quick look around, you notice 2 people in coats standing at the far street corner, not looking in your direction at the moment. Though they apear to be looking for someone. Theres another coat wearing person across the street in a comms terminal booth (phonebooth). In your pocket, your fingers feel a sabbac card and something slightly thicker, not by much, and similar in size, like two or 3 cards stuck together.


The officer takes the id cards from Adrame, goes to the booth, then comes back a minute later with a mild warning, "An upstanding Citizen like you shouldn't be in this area, it's much to dangerous" with a wink as he hands her the id card back. Discreetly handed, and attached to the id card was another card.


Passage through the city gates was smooth.
As Tatsu pilots his speeder towards the street, a stormtrooper stands, where the street is sectioned off with ticker tape strung to makeshift posts. Through the filtered voice from the helmet, he briefly warns Tatsu on aproach "This is now a controlled and restricted area. You would do best to move along and detour. We still have emergency vehicles coming through, obstructing one of them would result in several fines." Behind the stormtrooper, a young Falleen male walks, holding something in his hand... something that looks oddly familiar...


The waiter promptly brings out the dish of noodles to Troykaw. The view being in 2 peices took a few minutes of work to assemble back together and get it working.

Ronin
14 February 2004, 03:03 AM
"Sorry officer, I`ll be on my way" Tatsu replies.
He pulls off the road and parks in the nearest alleyway (a quiet one, I don`t wanna get fined now do I?:) ), trying to avoid the Stormtrooper`s interest, but keeping an eye on that Falleen.
Climbing out of the speeder and gathering his gear (saying a silent farewell prayer to Seera, whose speeder it was...and who most probably now walks with the spirits in the void (i.e. dead)), he heads across to the Falleen.
Matching pace next to the alien, Tatsu says; "Hey, where`d you get that toy...a friend of mine had one just like that...it was her most prized possession..."

darth_wyld
14 February 2004, 03:21 AM
Ok! Gotta get out of here. Where is the fourth...?

Seth blends with the crowd, trying to pass into the direction of the person in the booth.

I'd guess he is preoccupied enough not to see me...

Seth keeps three chatting persons between him and the two lookouts and holds his distance to the coat in the booth.

You don't see me... I'm not interesting... I'm harmless...

red5_5
14 February 2004, 08:54 AM
"Yes, sir," Adramé says as she takes the cards from the soldier. She puts the cards in an empty pouch on her belt, then she powers up her speeder and moves through the checkpoint to the unrestricted area. Stopping at the nearest parking area, Adramé powers down the speeder and pulls out the cards. She takes her id card and puts it back, but she keeps the other card out. Looking around to make sure no one is watching her, Adramé reads the card...

OOC: spot check

Lopan
14 February 2004, 09:02 PM
Savan realizes that a human has just started talking to him. He looks at him and then the toy.

"I just found this lying in the street, doesn't look like it is in great shape now does it?" Savan is honest about the toy, he doesn't think lying about it would make much of a difference. Besides, he wants to get as far away from the Stormtrooper barricade as he can. Savan keeps walking away from the stormtroopers and doesn't stop to talk to the person walking alongside him. Savan puts the toy head in his pocket as he walks.

Ronin
15 February 2004, 10:50 PM
Tatsu keeps pace with the Falleen, trying to make it look like just two friends walking and talking, nothing suspicious, not speaking too loudly though..
"Yeah, that toy`s pretty fragged...a bit like some of this city, ne? Makes you wonder if there`s a safe place left for a free mind..."

Dr_Worm
16 February 2004, 07:43 PM
Chuckling to herself Troykaw slipped the card in to her pocket. "Sweety indeed?" she said under her breath with a sly rase of her eyebrow, "but then I guess she is family." Troykaw slurped the last of the noodles and left 5 creds tip on the counter. Slinging the pack over her shoulder she sauntered casually out in to the foot traffic and walked towards the north industrial district. Though the message seemed clear, and properly cryptic, Troykaw was cautious. Walking in the the Rancor's maw was not her idea of wisdom.

OOC:
As Troykaw nears the location she will find a place to stop and watch the entrance without being noticed. She will watch for any unusual activity.
I will let you make the Spot and Hide rolls.

Lopan
16 February 2004, 11:13 PM
"I know what you mean. It certaintly feels like there is no true freedom left." Savan wonders who exactly this person is and what is stuffed inside the toy head.

"What do you say we find a...safe place to talk."

Ronin
17 February 2004, 05:41 PM
"Indeed, my Falleen friend...I suggest we head north...and examine that little trinket you pocketed on the way".
"Now, where`d I park that speeder?"

Tatsu suggests that he and the Falleen return to Tatsu`s speeder, to keep mobile and get a little privacy...

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
18 February 2004, 11:46 PM
The street crowd itself was a varried mix of people. Many older and young gents in suits with cases, students, mothers with strollers. Within the usual flow of landspeeder traffic, the occasional bright yellow Taxi passes by, the odd one pulling over to pickup or drop off a fare.

As Seth thought silently to himself, walking with the crowd, the person on the booth apeared busy. He makes casual a glance towards the crowd, pulls back a sleeve to check his chronometer and returns attention to the call.

The two lookouts remain where they are. One raises his hand above his eyes and makes a sweep in the other direction. The other one pulls out a comlink.


OOC: Adrame: Spot +9, rolled 18 = 27

As Adrame pulled into the parking lot, some people head to their speeders, packing in their bags of goods and leave. For the moment, the parkinglot is devoid of any further activity. The odd person could be seen going about their buisiness, walking past the lot.


OOC: Troykaw:
Hide +9, rolled 13 = 22
Spot +6, rolled 20 = 26

The northern industrial section of the city was the oldest part of the city. This particularly wide street was lined with old wharehouses, narrow alleyways inbetween, with a long abandoned factory at the very end, making for a dead end. The other end of the block, opposite of the factory, the usual sounding traffic of large transports and loading equipment could be heard steadily.

Troykaw finds a nook at the shady side of one of the wharehouses - in the center of several rusting barrels sitting below a cemented raised stairway. Her already dark skin, save for the whites of her eyes, blends in perfectly with the shadows. Across the street, between Troykaw and the dead end, sat an old beat up and left for scrap hovertruck.


Tatsu's speeder sat right where he left it, near the tickered off section. Several more emergency vehicles sped past infront of Tatsu's speeder, including a hovertruck packed with a squad of stormstroopers. A GHNN News speeder paced behind it. Traffic seemed to straggle through. The Stormtrooper recognizes and addresses Tatsu: "You there, this speeder is in violation to emergency traffic entering the area. Removing it would be advisable, as so would your compliance with the Empire for your own benifit."


OOC: Ronin & Lopan - make as many conversation posts as you need.

darth_wyld
19 February 2004, 01:23 AM
After loosing sight of the lookouts and the person in the booth, Seth walks on for a few minutes before stepping into the entrance of an alley to check the cards in his pocket.

Lemme see...

After revealing the message and reading it he pockets the message again.

Ok! That's nice! I'd better get going...

Turning north he joins the crowd, going through the text in his mind again.

Spiced meatsticks...Great! Now I'm hungry!


*******
OOC: Seth will be carefully watching the surroundings while nearing the adress.

EDIT: Added reaction

Ronin
19 February 2004, 04:51 AM
"C`mon mate," Tatsu says to the Falleen, after apologising to the Stormie, "get in."

Once (if Savan gets in ) they`re both in the speeder, Tatsu pulls away and heads north, sealing the windows so they can talk in private.

"Out of interest, I`m not exactly the best pilot in the galaxy...I`m no Skywalker y`know (smiles), so maybe you`d prefer to drive once we get away from those Stormtroopers...?"

OOC: If Lopan doesn`t wanna get in, then I`ll hang about and see what he`s got planned...though we`d better get a move on and get away from these stormies...

Lopan
19 February 2004, 10:02 AM
Lopan nods to the human and steps into the speeder. "I'm fine with that," agreeing to drive when he is ready.

"So what is your name? Do you have any idea what that explosion was about? What do you do?" Savan pays more attention to what is happening outside of the speeder than what is happening on the inside as he speaks.

Ronin
20 February 2004, 05:12 AM
Slamming the door, coaxing the unwilling repulsors to life, Tatsu pulls out onto the road again, nearly hitting a DocSpeeder that zooms past.
He turns north and gets up to the best possible (and legal) speed.
"My name is Tatsumaru, though Tatsu will do. I`m a painter," he says, nodding toward his backpack and painting supplies on the back seat.
"That toy you`ve got belonged to Seera, a...friend of mine. Let`s just say that she is...was, no supporter of the Empire," Tatsu swallows a lump in his throat, "and it seems she payed for it back there in that explosion, may her spirit walk the void in peace."

After a few minutes Tatsu pulls over at a small store, "One thing: just before that fireball immolated my closest friend on this planet, she called me...she said she thought that someone had sold her out...if that`s true, that person is not safe. Nowhere. Well, now it`s your turn...to drive, that is," he says with a smile as he gets out to swap places with Savan.

Dr_Worm
20 February 2004, 08:52 AM
Settling down in to a comfortable position, Troykaw calmed her breathing and kept a steely grey eye on the entrance. If she could not stake out the location ahead of time, she liked to at least have an idea of who was at the party.

besides, I can't ruin my reputation for being fashionably late not can I?

OOC:
Sit and wait...spot and listen checks as needed.

Lopan
20 February 2004, 09:13 AM
Savan steps into the driver seat. "My name is Savan. So that explosion was directly linked to your friend, and she was probably betrayed to the Empire. It sounds like your friend was a big thorn in the Empire's side." Savan thinks a moment.

Savan takes out the head of the toy from his pocket and examines whatever is stuffed inside of the toy's head.

Ronin
21 February 2004, 04:24 AM
(While Savan is rooting around in his pocket for the head)

"I`d say Seera did her bit for freedom...but her work is unfinished," Tatsu comments, looking out the window at the nearest sign of the Empire (a Stormtrooper, a recruitment/COMPNOR poster, etc), "So Savan...lets have a look at that trinket"
(Peers over at the goods)
"Hmm....I guess we`d best head north, ne?"
"So Savan, what is it that you do?"

red5_5
21 February 2004, 08:55 AM
Adramé puts the card back into her pocket after reading it. Well this is interesting. She checks her blaster, just incase this meeting isn't really with her aunt. I better go check this out. I haven't seen my aunt in a long time, and if it is her it will be a good reunion. Adramé takes a look around her, then powers up her speeder. She moves out of the parking area and goes to the coordinates indicated on the card.

Lopan
22 February 2004, 08:28 AM
After reading the note, "Yes we better head to the address listed."

Savan starts heading North in the speeder. "I'm an avid historian," he says with a smile.

Ronin
22 February 2004, 09:01 PM
"A historian, eh? They say history is written by the victors...if you ask me things got slightly screwed up along the way..." Tatsu grimaces as the speeder passes a large COMPNOR poster ("The Empire Wants YOU!")

"Hmm...a painter and a historian...now there`s a dangerous combination!" Tatsu laughs, trying to ease the tension.

Lopan
22 February 2004, 11:41 PM
"Yes, what they say is absolutely true. These days, propoganda and 'history' are often hard to distinguish." Savan catches Tatsu's response to a recruiting poster.

Savan smiles at Tatsu's joke. "Look out universe." Despite the recent events, Savan appears to be very calm and confident.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
23 February 2004, 12:19 PM
OOC: Alright, I'm going to post in general, none specifically, since your all arriving to the same spot. I'll be out for the next day or two, and i'm asuming all your reaction posts will be cascade effect as you each arrive in whatever order, so feel free and post as needed, this applies for all of you :) .

The late afternoon sun was shinning high in the north sky, few clouds, a slight cool breeze and mildly warm temps. A day like this was considered paradise weather by most beings in the galaxy. In a few hours it'll be evening, however sunset would not arrive til 9pm. Unfortunately, it's been anything but paradise for the majority of the city...

The northern industrial section of the city was the oldest part of the city. Everything progressed slowly from new to older as the various roads headed northwards to the edges of the city. Industrial Drive was one of the lesser used roads, skirting on the East edge of the city, its pavement lined with cracks, denoting the age of being one of the first built.

Route 5A, this particularly wide street was lined with old wharehouses, narrow alleyways inbetween, with a long abandoned factory at the very East end, making for a dead end. The other end of the block, opposite of the factory, the usual sounding traffic of large transports and loading equipment could be heard steadily.

An old hover truck could be seen sitting on the south side of the street, who's seen better days. Nouth side of the street was covered in the buildings' shadows. Both sides of the streets themselves were sparsely littered with bits of trash, old broken crates and barrels sitting inbetween the loading docks of the wharehouses and stair wells. The tall wharehouses themselves have seen better days, the duracrete walls were faded peeling paint, highlighted by rust growth around the dock doors and darkened window panes.

OOC: Map for Route 5A (http://www.members.shaw.ca/tiger.jadesfire/maps/Route5a.gif)

OOC: Btw, be sure to include a tiny / brief physical description of yourself with your post as ooc or something. Until pics and char bio's are put up onto a site perhaps later this weekend.

Lopan
23 February 2004, 01:43 PM
The speeder arrives at its destination. Savan slows its speed and cautiously looks around the area. He decides to park across the street to the old truck, on the shaded side of the street. Savan steps out of the speeder and looks around before he sets his eyes on the address mentioned in the note.

"Well then, here is the address listed." Savan does not feel comfortable in these surroundings. He looks to Tatsu.

"Something doesn't feel right here."

Savan is 2 meters tall. His dark green skin only seems to enhance his handsome appearance. Falleen are considered one of the most aesthetically appealing species in the galaxy, and Savan is no exception. His muscular build is apparent even through his combat jumpsuit. Over his shoulder is a simple satchel. A large staff-looking object wrapped in cloth is carried on his back.

darth_wyld
24 February 2004, 02:52 AM
As Lopan looks around he sees a lone human coming up the street. He is around 1.70m tall of normal build. He is wearing black trousers, a white shirt and a dark-blue vest. His hair is brown, short and slightly unruly. Over his shoulder he wears a satchel.

He walks on the sunlit side of the street, eating some kind of pastry. He stops at the old hovertruck, picking the last pieces from the wrapper.

Then he looks around as if searching for something. He looks to Lopan, smiles and nods.

After completing his visual search of the vincinity he shrugs, folds up the wrapper and stuffs it into one of his pockets.

Then he looks back to Lopan and the Speeder, shielding his eyes from the sun with his left hand, his right hand behind his back, as if to hold the satchel.

Ronin
24 February 2004, 05:38 PM
The hairs on the back of his neck tingling, Tatsu sits in the speeder, with the door open. Quickly he screws the two halves of his naginata together, but keeps it in the car, out of sight...but just in reach.
Tying back his hair, he steps out of the speeder and leans against it, just next to his door...
He takes a good, long, slow look about the street, taking in the newly arrived human.

OOC: Tatsu is about 1.75m, Japanese-style male human, quite muscular, with green eyes and long black hair. He`s wearing baggy, dark blue trousers slit up the sides (think "hakama"), knee-high soft boots and a dark brown vest. He has a wide belt and a white cloth seemingly bandaging his left bicep. He`s got a paint-stained backpack on.

Ronin
24 February 2004, 06:45 PM
Tatsu`s ears prick up, he turns to face the shadows...
"Hey you in the shadows, with the noisy leather belt...wanna come out and show your face?"

OOC: that means you Trokaw;)

darth_wyld
25 February 2004, 01:39 AM
Seth looks from Tatsu to Lopan and back. Then he shakes his head.

"It's always the same! I get invited, but no one knows I'm invited. And I don't know others are invited. In fact I don't get told what kind of party is happening.

And then everybody looks at me as if I told them 'I do not want to date your sister, she's an ugly hutt'."

Blinking against the sun he looks at Lopan and Tatsu.

Lopan
25 February 2004, 06:36 AM
Savan sees the newcomer come down the street. Once Tatsu speaks, Savan realizes that he has spotted someone that was hidden. Just after Tatsu calls out Troykaw, Seth speaks to Savan and Tatsu.

Savan looks to Seth, "Invited were you? By whom and for what purpose?"

Savan then looks into the direction Tatsu spoke, as hidden people are concerning him much more considering today's earlier events.

Dr_Worm
25 February 2004, 11:53 AM
From the shadows a female voice laughs, "Lucky guess, stick boy, but don't let these others believe it was otherwise." Out of the shadows steps a Twi'lek who's dark blue skin is unlike most of the females of her species. She seems to materialize out of shadows, as if formed of shadow made real. "I have snuck past Royal Imperial Guards, so there is no way you heard me. I applaud your instincts though."

The woman is wearing a black jump suit that is covered in small pockets. Casually, almost as if she forgot it was there, she is holding a blaster carbine that looks as if it was bought new yesterday. Her steely grey eyes pass over the assempled rif-raf, but she does not stray far from the cover she just emreged from.

http://home.earthlink.net/~dr_worm/Graphics/Troykaw3.jpg

darth_wyld
25 February 2004, 01:56 PM
Seth's whiny expression changes to a sly grin as he sees Troykaw stepping out of the shadows.

"I was invited by a relative of mine. We wanted to catch up on old times."

Each of them could wipe the floor with you...
he thinks to himself while he slowly shifts his hands into a position in which they can be seen by the others.

Better take no risk...

Ronin
26 February 2004, 05:11 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dr_Worm
[B] "Lucky guess, stick boy, but don't let these others believe it was otherwise." "I have snuck past Royal Imperial Guards, so there is no way you heard me. I applaud your instincts though."[QUOTE]
"Not instincts, good lady" Tatsu says, bowing deeply, "Your spirit called to me...and so did your belt, most fashionable though it is.";)

"Well, it seems we`re all here for a reunion...though I get the feeling no-one knows who the guest of honour is..."

Seth says:
And then everybody looks at me as if I told them 'I do not want to date your sister, she's an ugly hutt'."

"Yeeees:raised: , well, perhaps we had best proceed inside," Tatsu suggests, bowing and motioning toward the target building.

Picking up his naginata, taking his heavy blaster out of his backpack and fixing the holster to his wide belt, re-shouldering his backpack, Tatsu walks across to the rather nervous-seeming Seth.
"Don`t be so jittery...we`re all in this together."

darth_wyld
26 February 2004, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by Ronin
"Don`t be so jittery...we`re all in this together."

Time to stop the acting...

Seth's face turns serious while he takes out a blaster from his satchel and attaches the holster to his belt.

"Well... I'm not fully convinced of this yet ..."

"At least... meeting Auntie should be a real experience... looking at her nephews and nieces I think she must be a biological wonder."

With a raised eyebrow he looks at the others.

Lopan
26 February 2004, 06:43 AM
Savan nods to Tatsu and looks at his naginata. "Interesting weapon you have there."

Savan removes the cloth from his double-vibro blade and blaster carbine from his satchel. He folds the cloth and places it in the satchel, and rests the carbine on top of the cloth. He takes hold of his double-bladed weapon, ready to proceed inside. "Shall we?"

Dr_Worm
27 February 2004, 12:15 PM
Eyeing Ronin with amused distrust Troykaw laughs at the exchange between him and one of the others. "What is it about you boys who are so eager to unsheath your weapon and show the others yours is bigger?"

Standing poised, but not tense, Troykaw waits for the others to enter the structure. I didn't get this far by letting people get bhind me with weapons she thought to hersel. Besides there is something about spirit boy that I just do not trust.

darth_wyld
27 February 2004, 03:33 PM
Seth looks over to Troykaw.

"I know mine ain't bigger!" He smiles at her...
"And you started it!", looking at her blaster carbine.

Seth turns to the door.

"May I have a look at that keypad over there? Let me see..."

Seth examines the keypad and murmurs:

"After all it's not a thing of size... it's how you use it...."

OOC: Seth takes a look at the keypad... is it for an security alarm? Does it open the door?
And after discerning what it is, he tries to disarm/open it.
Disable Device +5 Rank +2 Mod --> +7

Ronin
29 February 2004, 09:44 PM
Tatsu looks at everyone tooling up for combat.
"Well, if this is how Auntie holds a party, I really must recommend she moves to a better neighbourhood...." he looks down to the end of the road, "I don`t like dead ends...they can be all to literal."

He turn back to Savan; "This," he says, holding the naginata, "is Akumanogekido. As I said; I`m a painter...and the forests and countryside of this world have some dangerous predators. I do so dislike being interupted whilst I`m at work."

"Perhaps we can continue this discussion, and all get aquainted at a later time...it seems our timid companion has come out of his shell.":)

"Don`t open it quite yet."
Tatsu puts his ear to the door, and opens his mouth to help his hearing.

OOC: listening for, um, anything really! :)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
1 March 2004, 05:10 PM
Seth tries his hand at the keypad with cardslot on the door. Nothing happens.

OOC: disable device +7, rolled 10 ... failed.

Tatsu listens for anything unusual. Although very feint, the familiar whine of a repulsorlift can be heard, seemingly if it's coming through from one of the narrow alleyways between the wharehouses.

Dr_Worm
1 March 2004, 05:27 PM
Though she knows that she cannot hide from the rabble at the door, Troykaw steps back in the shadows and attempts to hide from the incomming repulsor. Setting the Carbine down she pulls the disassembled Long Rifle out of her pack and starts assembling it (2 rounds).

OOC: Hide +9, move silently +9 If the vehicle arrives before the rifle is assembled she will drop it and pick the carbine back up.

Ronin
2 March 2004, 05:53 PM
"There`s a repulsorcraft coming," Tatsu says to the others, pointing in the general direction.
"Methinks the good lady has a fine idea there...perhaps we`d best seek concealment."

OOC: about how long do I think I`ve got before the speeder comes into the street?
I`d like to climb up onto this building`s roof if possible (but how high is it? Do I have enough time? Could I jump it?).
If that`s not feasible, then I`ll duck behind some nearby crates.
GMs: I don`t have my character sheet with me (Sorry!), so can you look up my climb/jump/hide as necessary...

red5_5
2 March 2004, 06:42 PM
Adrame pulls her speeder into an empty parking space. She shuts it down and locks the controls. Well, lets see where this place is. Adrame pulls the card out again to double check the coordinates. This is the right spot. Now lets go see my aunt. She starts walking toward the meeting place. Adrame looks around herself, looking for anything suspicious, like an ambush. She fingers her blaster, ready for action.

Adrame is of average height with a slim build. She has shoulder length brown hair and blue eyes. Right now she is wearing a dark green form fitting flight suit, with goggles around her neck. Her blaster is slung low from her belt, and she carries many tools on it.

OOC: Spot +9 for anything unusual.

darth_wyld
2 March 2004, 11:28 PM
Seth tries to open the door via the keypad. A mocking buzzing sound is all he gets.

E chu ta!

He takes a look at the message card from his "aunt"...

"Maybe this is the key..." and compares the size of the card with the slot.


"There`s a repulsorcraft coming," Tatsu says to the others, pointing in the general direction.
"Methinks the good lady has a fine idea there...perhaps we`d best seek concealment."


"Naw, people like I don't look good when hiding..." he says with a grin. He leaves the doorway and leans lazily at the wall beside it, watching the street and the incoming speeder.

Lopan
3 March 2004, 07:51 AM
"There`s a repulsorcraft coming," Tatsu says to the others, pointing in the general direction.
"Methinks the good lady has a fine idea there...perhaps we`d best seek concealment."

Savan nods once, "Perhaps it would be best." Savan runs to the side of the building and crouches, peeking from around the corner.

He sees a speeder park and the slim lady that steps out of it. She starts to walk towards the building they are trying to enter. Another person recieved a message to meet here? Maybe an Imperial headhunter? Savan frowns, We've met each other without hostility, I don't see what could hurt with adding another late entry. If one of these people is an Imperial, I'll have to find out much more personally than from hiding.

Savan steps out from behind the building and walks toward Adrame. "Another invitation? May I ask who invited you?"

Ronin
7 March 2004, 07:12 PM
OOC: GMs...if I`m on the roof, I`d like to stay there (if I`m not on the roof...I`d kinda like to get there!:D)....maybe see if there`s a skylight. It might be handy if one of us is on-high.:)

darth_wyld
17 March 2004, 05:48 AM
Still leaning at the wall beside the door Seth starts to think:

OK! Situation check...

His eyes move to the shadows in which Troykaw made her disappearence

The blaster-toting Lady Midnight over there looks like Spec-Ops incarnate... I'd guess she's not with the Imperials...

His eyes wander on to Savan...

The blade-toting Falleen over there seems to know the artist... Can't tell much about him...

His eyes wander on to the place Tatsu was before disappearing

The long-pointy-blade-thingy-toting "artist" seems a real oddball... not a good cover for an imperial agent...

His gaze snaps back to Adramé...

That leaves flygirl over there... and me. Maybe they think I am an imperial spy... better act a bit more "trustworthy"!

His grin widens as he waves a friendly wave into the direction of Adramé.

Ronin
24 March 2004, 04:56 PM
After much consideration, Tatsu walks into the alleyway, stopping just infront of Troykaw to secure his naginata to his belt.
"If you'll excuse me, Lady of the Lekku,"...
He then braces his back against the warehouse, his feat against the opposite building, and chimneys up the alleyway.
Reaching the top, he heaves himself onto the roof of the warehouse.
Staying prone, not wanting to disrupt the skyline too much, he takes a look around from his newly elevated position...

Dr_Worm
29 March 2004, 07:29 PM
Tatsu walks into the alleyway, stopping just infront of Troykaw to secure his naginata to his belt.

"You son of a bantha," Troykaw says under her breath, "when a woman hides in a shadow it is generally a bad idea to direct attention to her. Remind me not to let you be on my point team stick boy."

Abandoning all hope for stealth thanks to Tatsu, Troykaw continues to stay in full cover and assemble her longrifle.

Ronin
31 March 2004, 06:21 AM
Hearing the angry Twi'lek's muttering, Tatsu reminds himself that he'd better steer clear of "the Lady of the Lekku" in future...or, a strange thought crosses his mind....actually try to befriend her...
pulling this thoughts back to the present, he continues looking about...

red5_5
7 April 2004, 02:20 PM
Savan steps out from behind the building and walks toward Adrame. "Another invitation? May I ask who invited you?"

"My aunt invited me to visit her," Adramé says. Could all of these people be working for the Rebellion? If there here they must be, but I'll keep an eye on them. Adramé pulls the card she recieved out of her belt and hands it to Savan, "Here is the invite I recieved." She looks at the other members of the group: they all look like they are from different parts of the galaxy. The man, she believes he is called Seth, waves at her and smiles. Adramé returns the wave and gives him a sincere smile. Well, they haven't taken me prisoner yet.

Ronin
7 April 2004, 06:06 PM
Ronin crawls across the rooftop to the edge nearest the others, whistles and points in the direction of the coming white lights.
"Looks like we might have company soon, could be a search party...I suggest we get a move on!"
He then returns to surveying the top of the building...

Dr_Worm
7 April 2004, 06:28 PM
"Sithspit!" Troykaw said at the news, "Well I guess if no one is going to do it." Troy stood and walked out of the shadows with fluid grace. "If you ladies are done eyeing each other, I think it would be prudent of us to get inside."

Shouldering her long rifle and her pack, Troykaw walked up to the door and tries her hand at the panel lock.

OOC:
1d20 (1 time)

ROLL #1: 19 (+ 7) = 26

COMMENTS:
Disable Device

darth_wyld
7 April 2004, 06:29 PM
Hearing the words from Ronin Seth turns around and looks at the card slot again. Taking out his "invitation"-card he tries it on the reader.

If that doesn't work we'll need a less subtle approach... I'm sure the Falleen and the Twi'lek can provide that...

Dr_Worm
7 April 2004, 07:06 PM
OOC: Vanger and I worked this out

IC:
Just as Troykaw is about to try to decode the lock she has an idea. She takes out the datapad and uses the card with the invite to try and open the door. To her surprise it works.

Inside is near darkness, however her eyes adjust quicker than a huamns and she is able to scan the room. To everyone else, however the spce beyond the door is pich black. To the others she says "Stay here, let me recon. Com channel 321.23.13".

"Stay here, let me recon." After a few moments the rest hear her report from the comm channel. "It is a large recieveing area of some kind. Along the far wall are lockers, one has an Imperial uniform sticking out of it. In the center is a large hovertruck. The engines are warm, I am pretty sure it has been used recently. There appears to be no one in here."

"Go ahead and come in...there is nothing to trip on...and close the door behind you. Wait until I give the okay before you shine any lights. Oh, and tell stick-boy to be quiet."

Ronin
8 April 2004, 06:02 PM
With a mild smirk at the comment "Stick boy", Tatsu takes out his commlink;
"Oh Lady of the Lekku, is there any sign of our dear, old aunt? And...there appears to be a constabulary speeder sweeping the area. I've got a good vantage point if you would rather I remain on look-out, I'm pretty sure they won't see me."

OOC: I wanna take a look at the skylights, see if they look openable...
If that speeder gets too close I wanna get hidden, well hidden (but I'm presuming it's not too near yet).

darth_wyld
10 April 2004, 06:37 PM
After being pushed away from the cardreader he was just looking at, Seth let's out a sigh as he looks at Troykaw taking control.

With a slightly bored face he watches her enter and takes out his comlink while she secures the building.

After Troykaw gives her OK he enters trying to adjust his eyes to the darkness.

Maybe I now get to see the biological wonder that is an aunt to us all...

red5_5
11 April 2004, 02:46 PM
"Go ahead and come in...there is nothing to trip on...and close the door behind you. Wait until I give the okay before you shine any lights. Oh, and tell stick-boy to be quiet."

Now maybe I'll get some answers as to why we are all here. Adramé puts her hand on her blaster, just to be sure, then she follows Seth into the room. It takes her a moment to adjust to the darkness and Adramé can tell that there is noone else in the room but them. She notices the lockers and the hovertruck that Troykaw described. I'll just have to wait and see what is going on when the rest of the group has gathered.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
23 April 2004, 05:41 PM
As the group entered the dimly lit stale smelling building, a hovertruck sat alone in the small clearing ahead. There were 2m cube crates, oblong cargo, shipping and storage containers of all kinds, some stacked so high that they were swallowed into the dark abyss that was the ceiling above them. The building's few windows and single skylight produced pools of light, shadows & silhouets which played off the randomly placed stacks, rows & walls of containers.

To one side, along the wall, were imobile hulking dark forms of binary load lifter droids.

In the distance, behind a short wall of oblong containers, were four enlongated shadows stretched across one such pool of light, two short slender stalks ending at a stubby base, beside two narrow stalks that faded away as they stretched past the pool of light...

Ronin
29 April 2004, 07:38 AM
Tatsu curses to himself and ducks away from the skylight, then gets a firm grip on his naginata...and swings it at the skylight's glass pane!

(Edit: I'd originally typed "Ronin curses..." :P )

Dr_Worm
29 April 2004, 05:24 PM
Slipping silently in to a shadow, Troykaw slinks around as best she can. Each step is an exercise in control and skill as she moves closer to what ever is casting the shadows. In her head she prays that the others will give her a chance to recon the situation before they burst in...guns ablazing. Just as she is begining to think thather prayers have been answered, she hears the crash of glass and a tinkle as the shards of the skylight reign in on her party.

Hide: 16+9=25
Move Silently: 18+9=27

Ronin
29 April 2004, 07:01 PM
Tatsu grabs his commlink;
"We've got uninvited guests! Imperial SpecNav troops are in the building! I counted one at least...plus that constabulary speeder will be here in less than 3 minutes..."
Tatsu pulls his smoke grenade out of a pouch, ready to toss it through the broken skylight if necessary...
His heart quickening it's pace, Tatsu hoped none of his comrades were under the skylight as he smashed it (not even that tetchy Twi'lek). He made a mental note to have a chat with her as soon as things calmed down....try to find out why she's so cold...
And what about the SpecNav troops in the warehouse,...wasn't this a safehouse? Where was the mysterious "Aunt"...or had the Imperials got to "her" already...

drawing his spirit back to the here-and-now, he crawls back toward the skylight, grenade in one hand, naginata in the other.

darth_wyld
30 April 2004, 05:14 PM
"Blast!"

The crashing sound of the skylight sends Seth diving for cover. After taking looking out behind some crates with his blaster drawn he listens to the comlink.

"Just great! Hey, sharp-long-thingy-man! First warn, then smash! Nearly peed my pants down here.

As the bantha poodoo seems to be rapidly approaching the rotating ventilation unit, why don't we leave our aunt a message and get the frell out of here? Or is here someone with us who wants to introduce us to his employers, I mean, the ones wearing this nice white armor?"

Ronin
30 April 2004, 06:18 PM
"Wonders nevers cease", thinks Tatsu, admiring the (now shredded) holo that had been drapped across under the skylight.....was he ever going to get used to the deceptive technology used by the greater galaxy?
Replacing the smoke grenade in his hakama he pulls out his commlink;
"false alarm, it was a holo of a SpecNav trooper. Nice security our dear old Aunt's got. And you have my deepest apologies about the rain of glass! With that holo over the skylight I didn't know you were beneath me..."
"but may I bring your attention back to the approaching constabulary speeder...and the fact that our speeders are parked out suspiciously in the road...someone might wish to move them into the cover of an alleyway. Just a thought".

red5_5
1 May 2004, 08:54 AM
Adramé puts her arm over her head to cover her eyes from the falling glass from the skylight. She pulls out her comlink and says, "Watch it up there! Say something before you come through the roof!" She pulls out her blaster and checks the charge. Looks good, got to be ready for anything.


"but may I bring your attention back to the approaching constabulary speeder...and the fact that our speeders are parked out suspiciously in the road...someone might wish to move them into the cover of an alleyway. Just a thought".

Adramé thinks this over. It would be good to get the speeders out of sight, but what if the constabulary speeder is too close and notices. She takes out her comlink again and says, "I don't know if that is a good idea. What if they notice us moving them. It could arouse their suspisions. We're out of sight right now, and they might just impound the vehicles and not go looking after the owners."

Dr_Worm
1 May 2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Ronin
"false alarm, it was a holo of a SpecNav trooper. Nice security our dear old Aunt's got. And you have my deepest apologies about the rain of glass! With that holo over the skylight I didn't know you were beneath me..."
"but may I bring your attention back to the approaching constabulary speeder...and the fact that our speeders are parked out suspiciously in the road...someone might wish to move them into the cover of an alleyway. Just a thought".


Originally posted by Red5_5
"I don't know if that is a good idea. What if they notice us moving them. It could arouse their suspisions. We're out of sight right now, and they might just impound the vehicles and not go looking after the owners."



"The lady hasa point," Troykaw said quitely in to her commlink, "but I am not so confident that they would not take the time to investigate. Especially with the rash of safehouses getting turned out."

"Stick-boy! Since you are doing nothing but causing us havoc in here, why don't you make yourself useful and move the speeders along. You are outside anyway."

"The rest of you- I do not mean to assume command here, but I have the best vantage and oppertuniy to see in this dark, so give me sec to see what is in here. Blasters out would not be amiss, but keep'em on a tight reign."

OOC: Search (GM roll) using darkvision to look for signs of life such as movement or droid lights and humms. Assuming she cannot tell from here, Troy will "Move Silently" to the figures giving off the shadows and invesigate them.

Ronin
1 May 2004, 07:10 PM
"Yes your highnessness" smirks Tatsu into his commlink, then shuts it off and crawls back toward the alleyway between buildings...
Great: send the guy who can barely drive, who comes from a homeworld that doesn't even have speeders...
Tatsu momentarily shuts his eyes and takes a calming breath, centering his spirit and casting off irritations...afterall, his newfound comrades know nothing about him yet,...
His ears prick at the sound of the approaching constabulary speeder, still some streets away.
Tatsu quickly unscrews the two halves of his naginata and stows them in his backpack, then begins chimneying back down the building.

Safely reaching the bottom he sneaks to the alleymouth and peeks out, looking up and down the street (even checking the dead-end, you never know...)
OOC: using hide & search (or should that be spot? I'm too sleepy)

Ronin
2 May 2004, 07:53 PM
Tatsu listens intently...he can hear the whine of the constabulary speeder...maybe two minutes...this is gonna be cutting it tight...

He pulls out his commlink:
"Comrades, can you open up one of the roller-doors so we can get my speeder and the young lady's speederbike into the warehouse? Haste is required, I might add".

Checking up and down the moonlit street Tatsu can't see much movement, just the occasional airspeeder flitting about above the city, and freighters coming to and going from the starport...
looking up he can hardly see any stars...not like back on his homeworld...the heavens were full of stars..except in the Shadowlands......and no starships...not until the Empire came with their bombers, blasters and destruction...

Gritting his teeth he scampers across the street to his Seera's beat-up old speeder, hops in and coaxes it to life..
"come on you stubborn metal beast!" he whispers to it; "I'm sure you'd prefer someone with a lisence, and quite frankly I'd prefer a horse, but needs must when the nightwraith comes calling....."
at last the repulsors splutter to life and Tatsu crawls the speeder across to the warehouse's roller-door...

darth_wyld
2 May 2004, 11:12 PM
Seth, sitting behind some crates in the darkness listens to the exchange via comlink.


"Comrades, can you open up one of the roller-doors so we can get my speeder and the young lady's swoop into the warehouse? Haste is required, I might add".

With a sigh Seth begins to look for the controls and tries to open the doors, still blaster in hand.

Ronin
2 May 2004, 11:51 PM
As the roller-door slides up Tatsu eases the speeder into the warehouse, nodding his thanks to Seth.
Seeing that his comrades seem to be taking care of exploring the interior of the warehouse, Tatsu powers down the speeder...leaving it so that they can throw it into reverse and get the hell out of there if the need arrises.
He also leaves sufficient room to get Adrame's speeder in next to his...
"Hold the door whilst I get the young lady's conveyance".
He then heads back out into the night and races for Adrame's vehicle, the sound of the constabulary speeder approaching.

Tatsu straddles Adrame's old-looking speederbike...and looks at it suspiciously..."well...it's closer to a horse than Seera's speeder...but it looks just as old..."
He hits the ignition button, fully expecting it to cough, splutter and refuse to start...

The crisp, clear repulsor whine of a finely tuned engine welcomes his ears.
"Hmm...that young lady must be a good mechanic..."
Keeping the throttle low so as to make as little noise as possible, he guides the purring speeder into the warehouse, pulling it around so it's nose points at the door.
He flicks a salute to Seth, powers down and gets off the speeder and takes a look around...

darth_wyld
2 May 2004, 11:59 PM
The moment Tatsu enters with the second speeder the doors already roll down.

Seth flashes a broad grin to Tatsu as the door lowers.

At least we can get away fast now... I hope...

Dr_Worm
3 May 2004, 06:59 PM
"Nice work Sticky, now can you make sure all our party are inside an close the door?" [OOC: Savan is still outside...we need to move him in]"Walk slowly to the center of the room...there is a hover-van there. Like I said, it is warm so it was just used. See if you can get inside...without flipping on lights. I am checking out what is casting those shadows."

Not being able to see what is causeing the odd shadows, Troy puts her longrifle to her shoulder and sights in on whatever it is. The green images took a moment to get used to, but soon her eyes made out...

[OOC: We seem to be waitng on Terras for a description of whatever this is...so try not to break anything]

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
4 May 2004, 01:36 AM
Ok, here ya go, a floor plan to use... will be updated as you go along...

Wharehouse floor map (http://www.rt-ma.org/SWchar/RG2/Floor1.gif)

enjoy!

minor map legend - player's feild of view: (note - map is just aproximates of sizes)
- 2 ovals - speeders- land & bike
- 1 larger oval - truck
- box type objects - stacked containers / crates etc...
- blue thing - skylight
- fading things - shadows

* use compase on older map *

ooc: update for Troyka: You can't see anything yet until you look around the corners of the wall... whatever's making the stalky shadows are behind the wall...

here's the old streetside map, for handy referance... (http://www.members.shaw.ca/tiger.jadesfire/maps/Route5a.gif)

Ronin
4 May 2004, 01:46 AM
Tatsu sticks his head out the door and motions Savan to come inside, closing the door after the Falleen.

"Seth, I'm not so good with speeders, can you check out that speedertruck? I'll take the passenger side..."
Tatsu will accompany Seth in checking out the speeder truck, heading for the passenger side, his blaster pistol in hand, keeping an eye on the shadows...

darth_wyld
4 May 2004, 02:43 AM
"Ooookaaay!"

Silently and slowly Seth walks over to the truck, still trying to adjust his eyes to the environment.

Before entering the truck he checks the doors, locks and the interior through the windows.

His blaster is still in hand.

Dr_Worm
5 May 2004, 01:11 PM
"I still can't see anything" Troykaw whispered in to her commlink, "I am going around the corner of the wall." With little in the way of trepidation Troy eases around the corner, sighting with her longrifle and searches for the source of the shadows.

OOC: I think I am rading the map right, so I will let you do the rolling. Hide, move silently, search, spot-what ever is needed.

red5_5
5 May 2004, 07:50 PM
"I still can't see anything" Troykaw whispered in to her commlink, "I am going around the corner of the wall."

"I'll cover you." Adramé pulls her blaster pistol out and holds it in a ready position. "Let me know if you need any assistance." She moves toward the wall. This should be a good position to cover her. Adramé looks over to check on Tatsu and Seth. Looks like the boys have the speeder truck situation under control for now.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
6 May 2004, 03:53 PM
OOC: Troyka: Spot +6, rolled 20 = 26

Troyka, as you aproach the wall and peer cautiosly around the corner, the shadow casters apear to be what resembles an Asp & Binary load lifter droids, standing motionless, deactivated... Theres also a faint beeping sound coming from the same direction, which started after the skylight window was smashed...A faint flicker of red pulsing light catches your eye, on the very top of the BLL.... The light flickers in time to the beeping...

The hovertruck / van upon inspection apears white, in decent condition looking like it would be ready to go at a moment's notice, resembling those that were used at the various Imperial checkpoints... The windows were rolled up, and a set of card keys laying on the seat.

Dr_Worm
6 May 2004, 04:19 PM
"I'll cover you." Adramé pulls her blaster pistol out and holds it in a ready position. "Let me know if you need any assistance."

"Got it," Troy replied, By the way, the name's Troykav’eerim. It can be a mouthful for humans, who have to ties to clan, so most call me Troy. Stay tight."


Troyka, as you aproach the wall and peer cautiosly around the corner, the shadow casters apear to be what resembles an Asp & Binary load lifter droids, standing motionless, deactivated... Theres also a faint beeping sound coming from the same direction, which started after the skylight window was smashed...A faint flicker of red pulsing light catches your eye, on the very top of the BLL.... The light flickers in time to the beeping...

I got a bad feeling about this."We may have trouble. I got a beeping corrisponding to a light on a droid back here, and it all started when sticky busted the skylight. I think we have some sort of sentinal activation, a bomb, or a silent alarm. None of those sound all that wholesome to me. My suggestion is that you boys get the buggy running, while the lady and I get up close and personal with this droid."

"Okay human," Troykaw says over her shouldner to Adrame',"I am going behind the droid to look for the source of the noise, you check out the droid." Her tone was not bossy, or pushy, but prefessionally commanding. It is clear that the Twil'lek has had some experience commanding others.

Ronin
6 May 2004, 06:04 PM
"At the moment our own vehicles are blocking the way out...once we get this truck started we'd best move them to free up the exit."
Before getting in, Tatsu moves round to the back of the speeder truck to check it out, then checks underneath (for bombs, boobytraps etc).

darth_wyld
6 May 2004, 11:56 PM
Seth stays inside the truck, flipping the keycards of the truck between his fingers nervously. By twisting around he tries to watch the others, while they are checking the truck and the surroundings.

Vanger Chevane
7 May 2004, 02:55 PM
As Seth opens the door to the hovervan and steps in, something round, metallic, and roughly double-fist sized rolls out from where it was resting between the seat and the door. It hits the duracrete floor with a clank overlaid with a beep then starts building to an ominous whine as it rolls away.

:ds1:


Tatsu, his attention grabbed by the noise can see what appears to be an activated Thermal Detonator. On the thumbswitch a pinpoint of purple light (LED-like) double-strobes once a second and there's a thumbnail-sized clear crystal protruding from its top as it rolls towards him and the ladies...

8o

Ronin
7 May 2004, 04:04 PM
He may not be fully accustomed to the wonders of technology in the galaxy...but he knows a frikkin' bomb when he sees one! 8o
"BOOOOOOOMMMMB!!!" Tatsu yells, "Seth, get outta there!"
Tatsu runs like lightning round to the driver's side, hauling Seth out by the arm as he continues sprinting...
"Jump for it!!!"
he then takes a running jump towards his own speeder, diving over the bonnet and seeking cover on the other side.

Dr_Worm
7 May 2004, 09:02 PM
Troykaw's instant reaction is to dive behind the containers, but just as she is about to yell to the female human to do the same, she see's something odd about the TD. While the others are dodging for cover she leaps out of from behinds the containers and shatches up the silver orb. Careful to point the crystal away from her face she examines it with insane trepidation. " the weight is all off...this is ...was...a teedee, but what the hell is it now?" she says under her voice. Curiously she passes her other hand in front of the crystal. Nothing happens, however after watching the strobing LED, the light reveals a scanplate beneath a clear layer in the thumbswitch. "This is either the most safe, high tech, and off balance teedee ever or..." Troykaw presses her thumb on the switch.

Troy is not sure what she expected, but what she got threw her a bit. The button did not move in to the off position, and let off what she could only call an R2's version of a rasberry. With more frustration she looks in to the crystal and the button...could it be a retna scan?

darth_wyld
8 May 2004, 04:13 AM
"Frell, frell, frell, frell, frell, frell, frell..."

Seth digs himself out of the pile of packaging materials he landed in after taking a long, assisted dive away from the truck.

After seeing Troykaw handling that thing he stands up wiping dust from his clothes.

"Oh, this is so frelling funny. Is it a dud? Whoever did this, I'm going to stick it where his poodoo comes from. Most likley his head! Force dammit!"

He than turns to Tatsu with a weak smile.

"Thanks!"

Then he dives back into the packaging materials to look for his blaster.

Dr_Worm
8 May 2004, 11:37 AM
"It is a teedee casing, but it has been modified for someother purpose. I cannot garauntee it is not a weapon though. Crystal looks like an emmitter of some kind, but that could be a holo, or a weapon." Troykaw reported in a distracted tone of voice.

Ronin
8 May 2004, 07:30 PM
After speeding across the warehouse like a blur, Seth hardly being able to keep up, Tatsu flung himself and his new friend over the old maroon speeder and into a pile of boxes...

Tatsu picks himself up and checks he hasn't dropped anything.
When Seth thanks him, he returns the smile;
"sorry if that was a little rough, I felt that.....speed...was necessary. Still, thank the spirits it was another false alarm...I think..."
he looks to Troykaw, who explains about the TD's weight being off.

"Our dear old aunt possesses some mysterious trinkets, doesn't she?" He looks about the room; "and I'm not even sure she's home..."

He turns to Troykaw; "Dear lady, before our most recent dilemma, did you discover what was back there creating those shadows?"

Dr_Worm
8 May 2004, 08:13 PM
"Cut the lady crap, sticky. There are a couple a droids back there, one has a flashing red LED and a beeping that started when you so stealthily smashed the skylight." Trokaw said in a wry tone, "My first guess was that it was a silent alarm of some kind, but if that is the case then why haven't the boys in white stormed this party?"

Ronin
8 May 2004, 09:42 PM
"Cease the sticky dear Lady and I shall cease the Lady . My name is Tatsumaru Yuurei...pleased to meet you," he says bowing deeply and sincerely.
"I'm sure we can all get along better if we cease taunting each other and save our agression for our foes, don't you think?"

"Perhaps it's not a silent alarm to bring the Imperials...each of us was directed here by, presumably, the same contact. None of us here has any particular sympathies for the Empire...and I presume our mutual aunt thinks the same....hence the silent alarm may be to alert our dear old aunt to our presence...perhaps she is elsewhere in this building..."

darth_wyld
9 May 2004, 03:51 AM
sorry if that was a little rough, I felt that.....speed...was necessary.

"Well I hope if ever something like money, lum or women is necessary you can provide it in such vast quantities too..." Seth says finally picking up his blaster and stuffing it back into the holster.

He then silently looks with a certain amazement at the room Tatsu put between them and the TD in that seconds.

red5_5
9 May 2004, 08:52 AM
Adramé puts her pistol back on her belt. This sure is getting complicated. "What is going on here? This aunt of ours sure is mysterious. First we have the droids back there beeping and flashing, then we get a dud thermal detonator falling out of the speeder." She looks at the detonator in Troy's hand and points at it, "What does this have to do with everything? Is it a message or something?"

She looks to the others and asks, "What do you think we should do? I have a feeling that if we stay here the Imps are bound to find us."

Ronin
9 May 2004, 09:12 AM
"This warehouse is pretty big...and it's three floors...I suggest we explore the rest of the building...and see if our aunt is home..."

OOC: I also edited to reflect new info.

red5_5
9 May 2004, 09:41 AM
"That's a good idea. The detonator and the droids could be a clue as to where she is. Did anyone notice anything in the rest of the building? Looks like we might need a light to do any exploring." Adramé scans the area, looking into the shadows.

OOC: Edited becuase it's not a room. Sorry!

Ronin
9 May 2004, 06:24 PM
"Well...could someone awaken that metal beast;" Tatsu suggests, pointing at the recently-rapidly-vacated speeder-truck, "and turn on its headlights? Fire up the engine too and we could sweep the warehouse with the lamps...shed a little light on our situation, ne?"

"And perhaps we should examine the particular droid that started, bleeping and flashing..."

darth_wyld
9 May 2004, 11:21 PM
"I'll go for the truck. Light is coming..."

Seth goes to the truck, looking at Tatsu with an expression on his face that is halfway between awe and confusion.

Ronin
9 May 2004, 11:47 PM
"One moment! Lets check how close that constabulary speeder is first...wouldn't want to have lights flashing about itside the building at this hour as the local perveyors of 'justice' go past....might draw unwanted attention..."

Tatsu turns to Troykaw; "I'd guess that we're the most stealthy of our little team...but perhaps you'd like to check where that speeder is...or do you trust me to do it?"

To Adrame; "you're good with technology, right? Could you check the droid or that, erm, non-bomb?"

Dr_Worm
10 May 2004, 02:55 PM
"Not sure that is such a good idea, Tat." Troykaw replied, "They were two minutes away when we came in here. Going outside to find them may jut be askinh for trouble. besides...who told you were stealthy, leadfoot?"

"I say deper in to the building might be a better use of reconsance." Handing the TD casing to Adrame', shrugs. "If you are good with gadgets, then go for it."

"So whatdo you say, Tat, you afraid of the dark?"

red5_5
10 May 2004, 03:36 PM
"Thanks," Adramé says as Troykaw hands her the detonator. What is this doing here? What is its purpose? She turns the bomb over and scans the surface of the device. I'm not too good with explosives, probably shouldn't be tinkering with it. Maybe the droid will give me more answers. Adramé walks over to the droid to see if the answers to their situation are concealed in it.

Ronin
10 May 2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Dr_Worm
"Not sure that is such a good idea, Tat." Troykaw replied, "They were two minutes away when we came in here. Going outside to find them may jut be askinh for trouble. besides...who told you were stealthy, leadfoot?"

"So whatdo you say, Tat, you afraid of the dark?"

Tatsu smiles and draws his blaster pistol, setting it for stun. In such close quarters he doesn't expect to need range, and doesn't wanna drop someone accidentally...afterall: dead bodies don't talk.
"I have no fear of the darkness, but also I'm not so fortunate as to have nighteyes like you. How about I circle round north, you (Troykaw) south, and you (Seth) take the short-route straight across...we meet on the far side of the warehouse and keep our commlinks open incase of trouble?"

Dr_Worm
10 May 2004, 08:28 PM
"Thae leaves the human female here without assistance." Troykaw said, "No...I have a better idea...besides the longer we keep it dark the longer we have an advanatage."

Troykaw dropped her longrifle to her waist, and pulled off the sight. "This sight will give you nightvision, so use it. My eyes will do me fine. I say we branch out at 30deg, when we hit he wall we turn to eachother. Classic triangualtion. Should give us an idea of most of this floor." Troy clapped Tatsu on the shoulder, "Trust me...I've done this sort of thing before. Your idea was good, it just needed some refining. Now, as my old teacher used to say, walk softly and carry a big stick."

Without waiting for a reply Troy moved off in to the darkness, as silently as she could.

darth_wyld
10 May 2004, 11:18 PM
"So I stay here as assistance for the human female, eh?" says Seth with a wide grin.

"Definetly can do that!" he continues as he turns his grin to Adramé and looks if he can assist her. Err...with the Detonator and stuff.

Ris
11 May 2004, 01:23 AM
A couple blocks away...
A man & a woman & their speeder-bike near a you-pull-it junk yard for vehicles. Hopefully it will look like just another piece of "overflow" from the business. He brushed his hand across his forehead. She caught the motion & moved close, pressing fingers against the pulse point in his neck.
"Feeling sick, again? Don't worry, if you're still that way, we've got plenty of time. But your Aunt's place, it's near anyways?" Kiry sounded worried, and Kyle wondered if it was his condition or their goal. He wished the safehouses hadn't been targeted--at least in a full cell there would have been someone who knew how to handle someone in her situation. But neither of them knew who they would find.
"I think we can move now, the COP's going away from us." Kyle gripped his companion's waist as they began to move. She was only okay with the bike, but Kyle really wasn't in any shape to pilot, unless things really went to the Corellian hells.
Kiry was more scared about who they were meeting than Kyle's condition. He could wait on treatment a while longer, & if the delay was too long, it would be harder to treat, not impossible. She wondered how Kyle's people or whoever they were going to see would react to her. Still, it had to be better than staying at her post.
"Down this street--there it is," Kyle told her above the repulsors. She started to turn, then waited. The COP--hadn't he just missed them earlier? Or had it been someone else? They can't be looking for me so soon! I can at least bluff the local constables with my ID--they won't tell them they lost people. Be bad for keeping order.. Kiry thought.
The constable passed by the street they were in. Kyle listened until he was sure the officer was several streets over. The 2 made their way to the door, carefully. Kyle found the keypad by touch. It was a good thing he'd memorized all the info on that odd invitation and destroyed it before screwing up & getting himself taken in. He tapped in the code, while Kiry watched his back.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
11 May 2004, 01:58 AM
: Outside the wharehouse :
The keypad beeped once, a green button light lit... The door opened. Inside the door, a speeder bike and landspeeder was parked, farther back - a hover van, and standing within a dim pool of light from the overhead window were two male humans, one female human and one dark as midnight humanoid. The humanoid held a rifle, in the female's hands was a round silvery object...

: Inside the wharehouse :
The sound of the speeder grew louder, moments later faded away again. Minutes after, A single beep sounded, came from outside. Then the door opened, more light shone in. Two dark humanoid silhouetes stood in the frame, pressed closely together, possibly one supporting the other...

Ronin
11 May 2004, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by Dr_Worm
Troykaw dropped her longrifle to her waist, and pulled off the sight. "This sight will give you nightvision, so use it. My eyes will do me fine. I say we branch out at 30deg, when we hit he wall we turn to eachother. Classic triangualtion. Should give us an idea of most of this floor." Troy clapped Tatsu on the shoulder, "Trust me...I've done this sort of thing before. Your idea was good, it just needed some refining. Now, as my old teacher used to say, walk softly and carry a big stick."


"Many thanks," says Tatsu, fitting the scope to his blaster pistol and checking it. Listening to Troykaw's plan Tatsu nods; "Okay, sounds good.....and I've got the big stick situation covered," he says, patting his naginata; "and your teacher sounds quite the personality, we must exchange stories later..." he says, still looking through the nightscope.
Lowering it he notices that Troykaw's already gone and immersed herself in the shadows.
Tatsu does likewise, heading off on his agreed vector.

He only takes a few steps when the door opens, light shines in and silhouettes two individuals...aparently not Stormtroopers.
"Seth, could I leave our fashionably-late new arrivals in your capable care? One of them is, afterall, female..."

darth_wyld
11 May 2004, 06:12 AM
"Seth, could I leave our fashionably-late new arrivals in your capable care? One of them is, afterall, female..."

With a look on his chronometer Seth murmurs:

"Well it took me... 15 minutes to get a rep. New record!"

He looks up and walks up to the pair, smiling disarmingly and keeping his hand near his blaster.

"Hello! My name is Seth. Are you part of our family-reunion?"

Ris
11 May 2004, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by darth_wyld
...He looks up and walks up to the pair, smiling disarmingly and keeping his hand near his blaster.
"Hello! My name is Seth. Are you part of our family-reunion?"

Kiry only nods, shakily, relieved this wasn't an Imperial trap--or at least not an obvious one. She'd asked Kyle to take the lead on the intros. He smiled back at the other man, both newcomers careful to keep their hands away from their own weapons. "Yes, I'm Kyle and she's Kiry. Didn't realize there were so many cousins." He sways a bit & Kiry tightens her arm around him. Kyle's face is quite pale and the woman looks concerned.

darth_wyld
11 May 2004, 08:52 AM
"Well! First we'll better get you away from the door.

Second we better get you a seat, you look like something a dianoga spat out."

A look of concern is on Seth's face as he leads both to a set of crates which look good enough as a seat.

"Are you injured or sick?"

He raises the comlink to his mouth and says:

"When you are ready painting geometrical search patterns into the dust and found what lurks out there... somebody got some medical skills? I most certainly don't!"

He turns around to the pair.

"There was a constabulary speeder out there... is it gone?"

Ris
11 May 2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by darth_wyld
"Well! First we'll better get you away from the door.
Second we better get you a seat, you look like something a dianoga spat out."
A look of concern is on Seth's face as he leads both to a set of crates which look good enough as a seat.
"Are you injured or sick?"
Kiry & Kyle come to some silent agreement. "Yeah, thanks," Kyle tells him as he & Kiry sit.


He raises the comlink to his mouth and says:
"... somebody got some medical skills? I most certainly don't!"
Kiry tells him, "I'm a doctor & I know what's wrong--first chance I've had to do much about it." She pulls out her kit & takes a reading. "You sure you only got one shot, Kyle?"
"They tranked me first, you don't think I went willingly."
(ooc:GM's will need to make any rolls, don't have stats handy)


"There was a constabulary speeder out there... is it gone?"
Kiry nods absently as she works. "Turned down the next street & went on."

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
13 May 2004, 10:19 AM
Adrame walks over to the 2 droids slightly behind the stack of crates... The ASP Droid (http://www.starwars.com/databank/droid/aspdroid/?id=bts) apears deactivated, much like the BLL (http://www.rpgplanet.com/starwars/screens/3b.jpg). Their frontsides are dark, casting the shadows, the backsides are lit. There is still the pulsing red light atop the BLL, and the BLL is standing at it's full height of 3m, though it's empty cargo-tray arms are resting at half hieght.

Troyka & Tatsu venturing the wharehouse at 30degree angles, (take your pics - East = up, west = down). Both paths resemble a loose maze or a randomly stacked area, which would make it seem like a giant sized obstacle course or training grounds... Both paths, after a bit of winding exploration straying somewhat of the 30 deg path, both paths end in walls. (map of course can be found in the ooc thread - in the locations part of the temp site i gave the link for)

While making aquaintences with the 2 newcomers, it ocurs to Seth, the green skinned fellow who arrived with the 'stick boy' seems to have wandered off.

Dr_Worm
13 May 2004, 03:56 PM
Creeping slowly along, Troykaw begins to get a little bored with the same old crate maze. She reminded herself that if there was something interesting here it would probably involve trouble, and conflict. That was the last thing she wanted, but for the love of the light...something would be better. As she hit the wall, somewhere to the left of Tatsu, she tapped her comm transmit and reported. "Tat...this is Troy...I got nothing. Looks like this is some kind of maze or something. I'll be damned if this is a working warehouse. Probably more like...Sweet Mother of a Hutt" Troykaw's voice rose to a loud whisper of surprize as she turned a corner to find the green skinned Faleen standing there with the vacant experssion of a walking corpse. The Faleen seemed not to notice her, even though he was mere centimeters from her.

"What the hell are you doing?" Troy asked in a whisper, "you were supposed to wait back with the others."

The Falleen did not answer; he did not even make a move. Troy stretched out the barrel of her long rifle and nudged him. With the look of some kind of children's toy, the Faleen's rigidity melted and he collapsed in a heap on the concrete floor. "Frell! Tat...your green friend seems to have something wrong with him. Found the loony standing here in the dark, when I touched him he collapsed." Troykaw felt his neck, then realized she had no idea where to check the pulse on a Faleen. "I think he is still breathing, but I am no good with Faleen anatomy."

Ronin
13 May 2004, 06:10 PM
Reaching the far wall Tatsu begins wondering about the arrangement of boxes in the warehouse...certainly non-standard, very disorganised...perhaps a training facility for close-quarters-battles?
(OOC: I'd like to check any nearby crates for blaster scoring, marks etc. Are there any locking devices on the crates?)

After recieving Troy's call Tatsu replies; "Savan's down? With that new arrival sick too...this is starting to sound like a disease. I've reached the far wall too...like a maze, or maybe a training ground..."
Tatsu opens the channel to Adrame and Seth too; "Savan's down too, sounds like some kind of virus. Does that doctor know what's wrong with her friend? Perhaps we should take precautions...if it's not too late..."
Tatsu then pulls on his breathing mask.
(OOC: any strange smells in this place?!)

darth_wyld
14 May 2004, 12:56 AM
"Savan's down too, sounds like some kind of virus. Does that doctor know what's wrong with her friend? Perhaps we should take precautions...if it's not too late..."

"Oh, don't worry. Our new arrival named Kiry seems to be a doc and her friend is being treated."

Turning the comms back off he turns to the pair...

"Is it a virus or is it a case of blasteritis? And, if you're done here, we have a falleen somewhere between these trustworthy, dark and omnious crates that seems to need help."

Ris
14 May 2004, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by darth_wyld

..."Is it a virus or is it a case of blasteritis? And, if you're done here, we have a falleen somewhere between these trustworthy, dark and omnious crates that seems to need help."

Kiry mumbled something, most of her attention on the medscanner's display. Kyle nudged her, & she replied in a louder whisper, "Poison, nothing catching." She put the scanner aside & rummaged in her medical bag.
"So am I going to live?" Kyle asked, obviously trying to be flippant, but only sounding strained. "And it looks like you've got 2 patients now, Doc. Are you gonna open up your own private clinic?"
Kiry snorted as she prepared a hypospray. "Yes, yes, & only if I find some paying patients." As she administered the medicine, Kiry turned her attention to Seth. "A Falleen? I've never treated one, but of course, I'll help. Can the other man bring him here, or is he unconscious? I really don't want to leave Kyle's side until I see how he reacts to this."

darth_wyld
14 May 2004, 06:03 PM
Seth turns back to the comm.

"Poison - ain't contaigous, so we should be fine.

Could one of you guys bring back the falleen so we can open our medical center here?"

Wow, I seem to fall nicely into the role of non-combat-organizer...

Ronin
15 May 2004, 06:50 AM
Hearing that the threat appears to be poison, Tatsu removes his breathmask.
"Troykaw, can you see any puncture wounds on our Falleen friend, any chance he's been poisoned?"

"Oh, and I just checked a crate...food, I think, looks like MRE...tastes like pudu."

Dr_Worm
19 May 2004, 11:57 AM
"Tasting strange food now?" Troy says in a wry voice, "Boy Tat, you impress me with your wisdom at every step."

Troykaw looked the body over, and tried to gather as much information as possible. She had some training in quick field first-aid, but beyond that she was over her head. "No visible darts or anything. No open wounds either. His breathing seems pretty shallow, but his heart seems strong. His scales seem...well to tell the truth I have no idea what the temperature of a faleen's scales should be." Troykaw tested the body wieght. Ya, know I think that he is safer here than on my narrow shoulders. I'll mak the crate with an chalk "X" if you want to come get him. Otherwise I'll come back when I am done with recon."

Troykaw turns hard West and follows the wall until it stops.

Ronin
19 May 2004, 06:05 PM
"Well...I just wanted to check we weren't surrounded by boxes of detonite or negon-12. But don't worry; this stuff tastes worse;" Tatsu replies, closing the crate and getting his pistol back in-hand.

"Seth, can you fetch our Falleen friend while me and Troykaw finish searching the building?"

He then "bounces off" the wall and continues his half of the recon, stepping from box to box just incase there are unwanted visitors, or if Aunty is a little triggerhappy...

Ris
20 May 2004, 05:27 PM
After a couple minutes, Kiry appears a little more satisfied with Kyle's vitals. "You should be feeling better soon."
"I already do. Not surprising with such a cute doc. Having you pay so much attention to me is almost worth being sicker than a womprat. What do you think?" he asks Seth. "Wouldn't you like to be her next patient?" Kyle's flippant attitude seems a little less forced.
"I said to rest quietly, Kyle." Kiry looks as if she's not sure how to take the comments. She tells Seth, "If you can bring the man--Falleen--back here, he can lie or sit on those crates." She points to several a few feet away. "Do you think there might be something here we can use to pad them a bit?"

Ronin
22 May 2004, 08:57 PM
After a few minutes of weaving between crates, Tatsu comes to the top right corner of the warehouse. Checking the local area, he lowers his pistol and pulls out his commlink;
"Okay, I've reached the top right corner. Nothing but boxes. This place is as quiet as a tomb. I'm starting to think no one's gonna meet us here...but perhaps they left something to help us. I'm gonna continue down the far wall, work my way clockwise back to the enterance."

Commlink back in his belt, pistol up and looking through the nightscope, Tatsu stalks off down through the maze of boxes.

red5_5
23 May 2004, 10:22 AM
Adramé looks at the thermal detonator and studies it closely. It sounds like it is close to going off and there is a crackling electrical noise coming from within it. Better try to find an off switch, or this thing is going to turn me off! She turns the detonator around and finds the off switch. Adramé presses the button and gives a sigh of relief. That was close! I should have shut it off sooner. She looks back up at the droids and begins circling them, looking for any other clues.

Vanger Chevane
24 May 2004, 03:22 PM
As Aradme' turnes off the TD-like device, it give a confirming beep.

From deep within comes an electrical crackle, then it emits a blinding burst of light.


As you recover from the visual assault, you can see it projecting a block of holographic text.


Hello dears.

My travel plans have been unexpectedly disrupted. Make yourselves comfortable, take whatever you need, and get to know one another.

I'll Holocomm when I can.


Oh, and take good care of my droids. They're extremely helpful.

Aunt I.

darth_wyld
24 May 2004, 05:02 PM
"Do you think there might be something here we can use to pad them a bit?"

"Well, take a look into them, I don't know what's in them. Maybe it could be of help... I'm going to drag the falleen here..."

Seth wanders off into the maze of crates, looking for the falleen, filled with doubt that he can move the falleen... he looked particularly heavy.

Ris
25 May 2004, 07:23 PM
Kiry starts to rise & look into the other nearby crates, when her attention--and Kyle's is attracted by the device Adrame' holds. "What the $%^--that's a Thermal det--" Kyle exclaims, as Kiry just ducks back against him, her face pale.
As the message plays, they start to breathe again. "Are all your relatives this strange?" the doctor asks her patient shakily.
"I dunno," is the man's reply. "Hey, Doc, you look as bad as I feel. Sure you're all right?" Kyle reverses their roles for the moment, gently taking her wrist & checking the pulse, then pulling her closer as if to comfort.
"Yeah, give me a sec." Kiry reluctantly leaves Kyle's side and rummages through the crates as she'd started to do.

Dr_Worm
25 May 2004, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by darth_wyld


"Well, take a look into them, I don't know what's in them. Maybe it could be of help... I'm going to drag the falleen here..."

Seth wanders off into the maze of crates, looking for the falleen, filled with doubt that he can move the falleen... he looked particularly heavy.

As Seth gets past the first few crates he is startled to see the faleen walking twords him as if nothing is strange. He looks at the startled human and says,"Nothing to report back here, just a bunch of crates. Hey, what's with the light in the sky?"

red5_5
26 May 2004, 02:26 PM
Adramé pulls out her comlink to signal the others. "It appears that I have figured out what the detonator's for. Our 'aunt' left us a message on it. She says that we can take what we want and to get to know each other. She also says to watch over her droids, they must be pretty important. So I guess that we will just have to wait for her." Adramé puts the comlink back on her belt and moves over to a stack of crates and sits down, waiting for everyone to get back from their explorations.

Dr_Worm
26 May 2004, 02:55 PM
Troykaw thinks to herself, I don't know this aunt from Vader, but if the Imps wanted to bring us in or kill us they would have done it by now. Besiedes slinking through this warren is going to take forever with only two people. Speaking in to her commlink she says, "Well I guess that means we ought to turn on some lights. Human, why don't one of you hop in those buggies and turn on some headlamps."

Ronin
26 May 2004, 06:01 PM
Still searching the warehouse, Tatsu listens to the exchanges on his commlink and lowers his pistol (not wanting to be blinded when the lights come on).
"Adrame, would you mind taking a look at our Aunt's mechanical companions? And if someone could shed a little illumination on mine and Troykaw's search it would be most appreciated."

Well, it seems we're going to get a bit of a rest, Tatsumaru thinks to himself. Some time to calm my spirit would be most advantageous, but we can't afford to relax. The memory of his safehouse, comrades and Seera being immolated just earlier that day echos through his mind...bringing up darker memories, deeper down...
Tatsu grits his teeth and moves on.

darth_wyld
27 May 2004, 01:00 AM
Seth looks at the falleen disbelivingly...

Then he activates the comm again.

"Hello? The falleen is standing, repeat, standing in front of me asking things and looking healthy. What the frell is going on here?"

Ris
28 May 2004, 09:35 PM
Kiry dedied that beds or seats--so they couldn't be opened & the contents eaten--was the best thing to do with the Nu-Carb crates. She turned to another pallet, and found what she wanted--cheap floor pillows and some blankets. She got Kyle resettled when they heard Seth.
"That doesn't make much sense, does it?" Kyle asked his doctor.
"No, I know of drugs that will make someone act like that but those victims don't just suddenly snap out of it & start talking. Better find out what it is? You know anything about Falleen?"
"Not really. Maybe if he's awake he can tell you.>"
Kiry called to Seth, "Get him to walk over here & I'll check him over, see if I can find anything obvious."

Dr_Worm
28 May 2004, 10:25 PM
Savan cocks his head as he listens to voice comming out of Seth's comm. "What does she mean, 'have me checked over'? I'm fine. There is nothing in this crate maze to harm me, unless you count a stubbed toe or two. If she wants me to come to her, though, all she has to do is ask. I do understand basic quite well."

Dr_Worm
28 May 2004, 10:27 PM
Troykaw's voice comes over the general comm channel. "Uh, guys...you gonna get the lights on any time soon, or do I have to come back and show you how to turn the headlamps on?"

Ris
29 May 2004, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Dr_Worm
Savan cocks his head as he listens to voice comming out of Seth's comm. "What does she mean, 'have me checked over'? I'm fine. There is nothing in this crate maze to harm me, unless you count a stubbed toe or two. If she wants me to come to her, though, all she has to do is ask. I do understand basic quite well."

Kiry flinches at the Falleen's commed remark, as if it was some sort of reprimand. She takes a deep breath to calm herself. Kyle tells her, "I'm sure he realizes you're just not familiar with his species." The pilot pushes her away in an almost playful fashion. "Go on & see to him, Doc. I'll be fine until you get back to my bedside. I'll be lonely, but that's all. Just don't fall for another patient--I couldn't take that," he chuckled.
"I'm gonna sedate you if you don't shut up--this isn't a date or an arranged marriage, Kyle," Kiry replied, although she didn't sound too annoyed, as she picked up her bag.
"I wish it was," Kyle's too-merry tone follows her as she picks her way to where the Falleen is. Hesitatntly, she tells the non-human, "Hi, I'm Kiry & I'm a doctor. Seth said you seemed dazed & I offered to try & help. I'm, uh, sorry--that i didn't ask, I mean. I didn't realize you could hear the comm chatter, or I would have got on & asked you. So would you like me to examine you & see that everything's alright? As well as I can. You'd be my first Falleen patient & I don't think i have the right medbase, but, well it's up to you."

Dr_Worm
30 May 2004, 11:33 AM
"Hi, I'm Kiry & I'm a doctor. Seth said you seemed dazed & I offered to try & help. I'm, uh, sorry--that i didn't ask, I mean. I didn't realize you could hear the comm chatter, or I would have got on & asked you. So would you like me to examine you & see that everything's alright? As well as I can. You'd be my first Falleen patient & I don't think i have the right medbase, but, well it's up to you."

"I'm Savan," the Faleen says, casting a questioning look at Seth, "I am not entirely certain where Seth got the idea that I was dazed, but I am fine. A little annoyed about wandering through a dark maze of boxes, but otherwise fine. However in the interest of trust and unity I would have no problem with you examining me. I am sure you would do nothing that would endanger me."

red5_5
30 May 2004, 11:33 AM
"Uh, guys...you gonna get the lights on any time soon, or do I have to come back and show you how to turn the headlamps on?"

Adramé sighs as she stands up. I'd better get those lights on. She pulls out her comlink and says, "I'm getting it. Hold your pants on!" Walking over to the speeder truck she thinks jokingly, Can't anyone get a moment to rest around here. Once Adramé gets to the truck, she leans into the cab and turns on the lights. Then she starts over to the other vehicles.

Ris
1 June 2004, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by Dr_Worm

"I'm Savan," the Faleen says, casting a questioning look at Seth, "I am not entirely certain where Seth got the idea that I was dazed, but I am fine. A little annoyed about wandering through a dark maze of boxes, but otherwise fine. However in the interest of trust and unity I would have no problem with you examining me. I am sure you would do nothing that would endanger me."

"No, I would not harm you intentionally. Which is an even better reason to check you when you're 'fine.' I don't know much about your species' anatomy & physiology, so I could use the information to keep me from poisoning--" There's just a slight catch in the young woman's tired voice. "--you or something, if you are really sick or hurt. 'Gee, anybody have any idea what this long, purple organ I just cut into does? Or if it's supposed to be lumpy?' " Kiry tries to imitate Lt. Kyle Tel's flippant ways. It seems to help his nerves, maybe it will work for hers. "But if I have some baseline readings, plus whatever you can tell me, I'll be able to cure anything that ails you later on easier."
She tries to prioritize. "Would you rather do the physical first, or shall we check those lockers? Either way, I'd like to get back to my 'clinic,' as the guys are calling it, and those lockers are where I can keep an eye on Kyle--he does need my services." Kiry manages a light tone, but she is worried about her patient.

Dr_Worm
1 June 2004, 08:40 PM
"Lead the way." Savan says exuding a feeling of calm and comfort [ooc: using pheremones],"my physicians always started with a base physical work up, but then my physicians were never as appealing an persuasive as you. I think that however you wish to proceed would be fine." With that Savan walks gracefully in the direction indicated by Kiry.

Ris
2 June 2004, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Dr_Worm
"Lead the way." Savan says exuding a feeling of calm and comfort [ooc: using pheremones],"my physicians always started with a base physical work up, but then my physicians were never as appealing an persuasive as you. I think that however you wish to proceed would be fine." With that Savan walks gracefully in the direction indicated by Kiry.

Kiry feels herself relaxing as she talks to the alien. Maybe Kyle was right, and a little silliness was good for a person. And Savan was easier to talk to than many humans, to her surprise. She smiled, turning an ordinary face to a rather attractive one, as she led him to one of the improvised seats and took out her instruments, asking some very basic questions about Falleen physiology. "I wonder if I can obtain a Falleen module for the scanner, or at least an old datacard text," the doctor muses. As she works, Kiry realizes she's enjoying herself--discovering new things was one of the reasons she went into medicine.
Kyle Tel rolls on his side to watch Kiry and Savan. He notes the shift in the woman's demeanor and knows exactly what has happened--and is grateful to the Falleen. Kyle had been in no shape, even if they'd had time, to reassure his pretty doctor or talk about anything other than "What do we do for a Plan B?" He hopes Savan will hold off for a while on explaining Falleen pheromones. Maybe he can have a word with him. Besides, Kyle thinks, lying on his back again--he's starting to feel restless--and folding his hands behind his head, Kiry is so much lovelier when she's smiling and relaxed.

darth_wyld
2 June 2004, 11:21 PM
After standing around, watching the dialogue a bit stunned Seth activates the comm again:

"Troy was the name, right? I think we need to talk when you come back, this is way to confusing for my taste! I'm going to turn on the lights!"

Then he wanders off to turn the headlamps on.

Ronin
3 June 2004, 03:48 AM
"Seth, the headlights aren't particularly highly illuminating here in the back of the warehouse. Could you try to find the main building lights?"

Tatsu continues, slowly, working his way along the back wall.

darth_wyld
3 June 2004, 03:55 AM
"Seth, the headlights aren't particularly highly illuminating here in the back of the warehouse. Could you try to find the main building lights?"

"Yes, I'm looking for them... they should be near the door, everything else would be strange... come switchy, switchy, switchy... come to uncle Seth..."

Ronin
10 June 2004, 06:22 AM
As Tatsu stood in the darkness he started thinking about their situation: it seemed that the Imperials had almost at once hit several (all?) the rebel safehouses in the city...except this one? Was the crackdown limited to the capital city? The whole planet? And, if Seerah had been right, who had sold them out?
Too many questions.
He sighed, cracked a couple of knuckles and continued searching.

Ris
11 June 2004, 11:26 AM
Once Kiry finishes examining Savan, she decides to finally check out the lockers she keeps thinking about. "Anyone want to help me go through these?" she asks. "And not you!" she glares at the sick pilot, who's waving his hand like a kid wanting to answer a teacher's question.
"Oh, OK, guess you don't want me to be happy."
"I want you well! Then I can worry about making you happy," Kiry tells him tartly--her face flushing deeply as she realizes how Kyle is likely to interpret the rejoinder.
"That a promise, Doc?" he grinned slyly.
"Y'know, Kyle, you were less trouble when you were dehydrated from severe nausea," the doctor tells him, but she doesn't sound annoyed. Although she wouldn't admit it to Kyle, she's starting to enjoy his teasing.
After all, he isn't bad looking & it's been a long time since a guy showed any interest in her--certainly not the ones at her last post.
"How about I keep track of the 'inventory' while you and--Savan, is it?--go through the lockers then? What do you think?" he asks the Falleen.

(OOC: GM's please make rolls--no dice or stats with me. And Kiry is still being affected by those pheromones;) )

Dr_Worm
11 June 2004, 01:14 PM
"That sounds like a great idea," Savan says with and easy smile, "your light touch has made me feel Right as a Rebel." As he gets up he gives her a cospiratorial wink and begins to search the lockers. After finding the weapons he looks to Kyle, "A blessing, I think, but perhaps a mixed one. If the Imps come charging in here they can easlily haul us in for carrying illegal arms."

***

Troy looked at the lit area and looked for a door. speaking in to her comm over general frequencies she said, "My suggestion, guys and gals and aliens of all shapes and sizes, is that we form up and find out if there are other rooms in the building. Preferably rooms with answers. I am a bit tired of playing games."

Ronin
12 June 2004, 03:34 AM
Tatsu gets back on his commlink; "I have swept the back wall. There's nothing, just crates, no doors, ladders, nothing. I will clear the area between us, then we will have covered all this floor."
"Adrame, have you had any luck with those droids?"

OOC: Tatsu'll check out that big grey patch left on the map.

Dr_Worm
12 June 2004, 08:51 AM
"Understood," Troykaw said, "I'll head bck to the core and see if we can get those droids operational. What with no more rooms I think they are our best bet."

red5_5
15 June 2004, 05:40 PM
"Adrame, have you had any luck with those droids?"

"Not yet, but I'll check them out," Adramé says. I wonder if they will provide us with some information if I turn them on? She walks around the droids, sizing them up, and looking for the activation switch. It's worth a try, we won't get anything out of them while they are deactivated. Adramé pulls out her comlink and signals the others before she turns them on, "I'm going to try turning the droids on, they could give us some more information about this place."

OOC: Search or spot check to find the switches.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
16 June 2004, 12:51 AM
Adreme: spot +9, rolled 16 = 25. Looking at the Asp droid, a switch is found on it's lower backside. On the BLL, theres a hinged panel on its upper left side, though unreachable unless climbing up onto it's arm. It, would be a relatively easy climb, level arm 1.5m above ground, lots of foot and handholds via it's bent legs.

Kiry: search +7, rolled 9 = 16. Searching the locker reveals 2 blaster rifles, 2 carbines, 4 blaster packs, and a variety of med supples, enough to make a few med packs.

red5_5
17 June 2004, 03:39 PM
Well the ASP should be easy to activate, the other will be a little harder. Here goes nothing. Adramé moves over to the ASP first, and hits the activation switch. Without waiting for the droid to activate, she walks over to the BLL and attempts to climb up to the switch.

OOC: Climb check

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
17 June 2004, 10:33 PM
Adrame: Climb +3, rolled 7 = 10. Skill check was DC10 ;)

The Asp activated, feint electrical whines as it's internal servo motors fire up, and it's eyes light up to life. However it remains standing silent, like all labor droids, awaiting orders.

Climbing up the side of the BLL was not much trouble, finding easy handholds in the leg and arm. Standing on the arm presented easy access to the upper side panel of the droid, which was unmarked, nor locked.

However, standing on the arm also provides easy view and reach atop of the droid, where a red light still silently flashes set upon a bolted on panel with 4 switches across (left to right), and 4 slots above each switch with paired miniature red & green status lights unlit. Laying scattered around the panel are 4 datacards with symbols: Door, Lightbulb, Rebel Logo, Lightning Bolt.

red5_5
18 June 2004, 01:17 PM
Seeing the new clues, Adramé pulls out her comlink to contact eveyone, "Hey everyone, get over to the BLL as soon as possible. I think that I found some more clues. This could help us find our Aunt." Adramé picks up the datacards and looks them over. Better wait until everyone gets here before I do anything.

darth_wyld
19 June 2004, 05:41 AM
I hope it's not another detonater
Seth murmurs to himself after watching Kiry doing her exams on Savan.

I hope we can get to clarifying the situation soon... and get to what ever may be next for us...

Then he walks over to Adramé...

Ronin
19 June 2004, 07:06 AM
Once Tatsu's finished sweeping the warehouse (clearing up those blank patches) he heads over to Adrame and the droids.

OOC: how long's it gonna take me to finish my sweep?

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
19 June 2004, 09:53 AM
OOC: ehh, not long actually... given the adjusted scale ratio 1:1 sq:m... building width is 30 squares. dosn't mean you can't help out over comlink ;)

Ronin
19 June 2004, 08:50 PM
"Adrame, I will be there in a moment. Tell me what you've got..?"

"And perhaps we had best start the introductions...find out eachother's stories...though someone might be able to intercept our commlink's signals...face to face would be best."

red5_5
20 June 2004, 03:08 PM
Adramé turns on her comlink again and says, "Ok, Tatsu, heres what I've found. There is a panel that's been bolted on to the BLL. On that panel there are four switches and each one has a slot above it. And there are some unlit red and green status lights. I also found four data cards with some symbols on them. The symbols are: a door, a lightbulb, the Rebel symbol, and a lightning bolt. I'm pretty sure that the data cards go into the slots, but I don't know if there is supposed to be a specific order. I'll wait for everyone to get over here before I do anything."

Ronin
20 June 2004, 06:26 PM
"Hmm...since there's both red and green status lights, I don't think the droid will explode if we get it wrong...but don't quote me on that from the spirit-world. Anyone got any ideas what a door, lightbulb and lightning bolt could represent?"

Ris
20 June 2004, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Dr_Worm
[B]"That sounds like a great idea," Savan says with and easy smile, "your light touch has made me feel Right as a Rebel."
The doctor gives her latest patient another of those bright smiles at the compliment, but it quickly fades.

{QUOTE]"A blessing, I think, but perhaps a mixed one. If the Imps come charging in here they can easlily haul us in for carrying illegal arms."[/QUOTE]
Kyle just nods, but Kiry looks worriedly around, almost as if she expects stormtroopers to barge in any minute.

Kiry hears the humanwoman calling them to come over. She hesitates, lookng over ther & then back at Kyle. "You must know something about droids, your snubs use them. Are you up to a short walk?"
"Different type, but yeah. sp you're gonna let me get up, Warden?" the pilot replies.
Kiry stiffens at the facetious address, but forces herself to relax. Kyle, realizing his misstep tries to take her hand but she moves away, & asks Savan, " Can you help him over?" She waits on the pair before heading over, even though Kyle Tel is annoying again.


Anyone got any ideas what a door, lightbulb and lightning bolt could represent?
To distract herself from her irritation at her patient, Kiry ponders the riddle. " In some cultures doors represent opportunity & lightbulb is an ancient sign for ideas--but I dunno about lightning. Danger? But even if I'm right about the meanings, I've no idea what order they'd go into."

darth_wyld
20 June 2004, 11:52 PM
Anyone got any ideas what a door, lightbulb and lightning bolt could represent?"

"Maybe it's just like that... lightbulb turns on the light, door opens a door, lightning bolt for energy turns on the droids or something else... "

Ronin
21 June 2004, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by darth_wyld


"Maybe it's just like that... lightbulb turns on the light, door opens a door, lightning bolt for energy turns on the droids or something else... "

"Ha! You may be right! Sometimes things are what they appear to be. Adrame, are there any markings on the datacards? Any guide or clues as to which slots in where?"

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
22 June 2004, 11:47 PM
OK click here for the switches 'n slots panel with the datacards (http://members.shaw.ca/rpg1.jadesfire/RG2/locations/bll_switches.gif)

I hope this simple visual helps clarifies things for ya :)

red5_5
23 June 2004, 11:16 AM
"Ha! You may be right! Sometimes things are what they appear to be. Adrame, are there any markings on the datacards? Any guide or clues as to which slots in where?"

Adramé looks the cards over then says, "It looks like the datacards are all the same, except for the symbols on the front of them. Maybe the datacards don't have to go in a specific order? Maybe they could work in any of the slots? I'm willing to try them in the slots if everyone else is fine with it."

Ronin
23 June 2004, 05:35 PM
So as not to be blinded if the lights do come on, Tatsu lowers the nightsight from his eye.
"Okay, why not try the lightbulb-card first. We could do with some light, and I can't see a double meaning. It may simply be that the building's controls are wired into this droid's body."

red5_5
26 June 2004, 03:26 PM
"Ok, here goes nothing. Get ready everybody." Adramé takes the lightbulb datacard and slips it into the first slot. Then she flips the switch below the slot and waits for the results.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
26 June 2004, 04:00 PM
A number of things then happen: The red flashing light turns off, a mechanical click is heard from within inside the droid as the switch is flipped, the pair of red & green lights - the green light shines brightly. And finally - the wharehouse lights slowly turn on...

OOC: Good job! ;) 3 to go :)

Ronin
26 June 2004, 11:15 PM
Tatsu looks up as the lights flicker to life.
"...and there was light, and it was good!" he smiles and blinks to adjust his eyes.

"Adrame my dear, you're clearly the technical one of our little family, any other talents we should know about?"

"Seth, you seem to have the shimmersilk tongue and an eye for the ladies...Kiry is our life-saver...and heart breaker, Savan claims to be a historian...with a large gun and a sword, I might add, so I'm presuming combat is your forte...Kyle: you're a pilot when you're not flirting with the good doctor? Myself and Troy seem to be the sneakers...and judging by your rifle, you're also a sharpshooter, Troy? My strengths lie more in close-encounters and poisons."
"We seem to have quite a varied family...anything I've missed?"

Dr_Worm
27 June 2004, 12:19 PM
Stepping back up to the group Troykaw adds, "I've also led a few Special Opps strike teams in my life, but those were three person teams at the most. A varied team indeed, and thankfully one with some female minds. Should make us less likely to think with our...uh...blasters. For those that didn't hear, you can call me Troy.

darth_wyld
27 June 2004, 01:10 PM
"Well...if you need to know what my areas of profiency are...

I honed my skills in areas which are ... of certain moral flexibility.

I have slight experience in obtaining items of need, through legal business and bureaucratic channels or by circumventing them and acquiring the needed clearances by doing them myself.

I can talk myself out of a tight spot and I prefer it to using my blaster."

He smirks towards Tatsu.

"And yes, I have an eye for the ladies, is that obvious?"

Ris
27 June 2004, 01:31 PM
Kyle, now seated on a crate near the others, and Kiry didn't take much part in the datacard debate. Kiry wasn't very good with puzzle games like that & Kyle didn't feel very sharp mentally.


"...and there was light, and it was good!" he smiles and blinks to adjust his eyes.
Kiry, standing near her patient and Savan, smiles at the remark, but it fades quickly. She doesn't speak, not even when Tatsu ask her a question.


Kiry is our life-saver...and heart breaker, Savan claims to be a historian...with a large gun and a sword, I might add, so I'm presuming combat is your forte...Kyle: you're a pilot when you're not flirting with the good doctor?
Kiry blushes & nods in response. Kyle, however, responds merrily, "Yes, that's our Kiry--a true Angel of Mercy. Sweetest flight surgeon I've ever had weld me together." When Tatsu metions flirting, the Rebel lieutenant pulls Kiry down next to him & snuggles against her, to the girl's surprise, & her blush deepens, but she doesn't move away, just shakes her head.
"I'll admit to flight surgeon," she says softly, her voice trembling just a little.
Kyle pats her arm & continues, "Yeah, I'm an X-wing jockey & proud of it. Can fly freighters & so on too--but that's no fun."

Ronin
27 June 2004, 05:51 PM
"Okay, at least we know a little about each other's strengths now. Any idea about which data card we should insert next? Rebel insignia.....that might initiate another transmission? The Lightning Bolt may represent the building's other electrical systems....and the Door...well, we opened the warehouse doors ourself...could this open another door, one we haven't found yet?"

"Now we've got a bit of light, I think we had better finish searching this place (OOC: that big grey bit!); see if our dear old Aunt has left us any other treasures."

OOC: GMs, Adrame turned on the ASP, right? Any activity from it?

Vanger Chevane
28 June 2004, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Ronin
OOC: GMs, Adrame turned on the ASP, right? Any activity from it?

OOC: Not yet. The power systems are now online, but the droid isn't fully activated. Seems that the building's alarm system has now been turned off, or put on standby.

Ronin
7 July 2004, 06:42 AM
"Okay...how about the Lightning Bolt next? Or does anyone have any insight?"

Ris
8 July 2004, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by Ronin
"Okay, at least we know a little about each other's strengths now.
Kiry hesitated, then added, "I've done--some--sim training for fighters. But I've never flown one for real."
"It's the same--the sims just aren't as cool," Kyle told her. "I'll let you fly mine--but not in combat. It wouldn't be cool to have our Angel painted up with lasers."


Any idea about which data card we should insert next? Rebel insignia.....that might initiate another transmission? The Lightning Bolt may represent the building's other electrical systems....and the Door...well, we opened the warehouse doors ourself...could this open another door, one we haven't found yet?"
When Tatsu repeats his question about the lightning, Kiry gives it another try. Maybe it is protection? Does this place have a security system?"
Kyle thinks about the door symbol. "I bet it does open another door. So which do we try first?"

red5_5
10 July 2004, 04:53 PM
"I think that I'll try the lightning bolt this time. Everybody get ready." Adramé takes the lightning bolt data card, slips it into the second slot, flips the switch, and waits for results.

Vanger Chevane
11 July 2004, 07:42 PM
Sure Aradme's not Force-Sensitive? :P

Once Aradme' flips the second switch, the >whirr-whine-humm< of an internal generator comes to life, along with the hissing and whirring of internal servos and pressue pumps with the steady thrum of an operating machine.

It shuffles a bit, recovering from being put slightly off-balace by the extra weight on it's chassis, then simply says "Ready."

Ronin
17 July 2004, 08:53 PM
"Well done Adrame! That just leaves us with the Door and Alliance insignia...I vote for Door," Tatsu says.

Tatsu walks to just infront of the two droids, and, feeling rather uncomfortable, not being accustomed to artificial lifeforms, he bows and clears his throat before introducing himself to them.
"Greetings friends of steel and microchip. My name is Tatsumaru. And you are?"

OOC: yeah, I know ASPs and B1s are dim, but Tatsu doesn't. ;)
GMs: can we clear up those grey areas on the map? I wanna get moving! :D

darth_wyld
19 July 2004, 01:38 AM
"Door's got my vote too!"
Seth utters from behind. He's leaning against a stack of crates twiddling with a pack of thin cigarras.

Ris
22 July 2004, 03:39 PM
"Where's everyone's sense of adventure?" Kyle chuckles. Just put the last 2 in & see what happens! Can't be any worse than what I went through. What you think, Doc, huh?" he nudged the young woman, who, oddly enough, seemed content to stay next to him.
"Huh? Wha? Time to go?" Kiry asked, her "spacy" expression & voice making clear the reason she hadn't moved. The doctor had dozed off her snubjock pal's arms.
"Nah, it's OK, angel. Just rest. You've told me that enough." Kyle settled her a bit more comfortably for him, as she closed her eyes again. "Poor gal, I haven't let her get much sleep, you know." Although the tone was flippant, there was something almost tender in the pilot's body laguage and expression.

Dr_Worm
26 July 2004, 12:08 PM
From the back of the group Troy watches the dynamic begin to form. The relationship between Kyle and Kiry seemd on the outside to be proferssional, but had the makings of something deeper. The rest seemed get along well enough. The only ones she had concerns about were Stick boy and the Lizard. Stick Boy seemed unlikely to go along with he group if he felt they were wrong, which in a coabat situation was an extreem liability, on the other hand he also had the inklings of needing or wanteing to lead. Troy could tell by his demeanor that he had had little or no formal military experience, so he was certainly a potential weakness.

"I gotta agree with the thruster jock," Troykaw said to the others, "we are not infiltrating the deathstar here, folks. Just some cards in some slots. Adrame plunk that door card in the slot, and if it doesn't work we try the other one. You've done well enough so far."

darth_wyld
26 July 2004, 01:44 PM
After lighting his cigarra Seth looks over at the group assembled around the droids.

Troy and Tatsu are obvious fighter. Troy is very self confident... maybe underestimating others... Tatsu seems the lone warrior type... and something is strange about him. No one is that fast.

The Falleen is strange. Maybe fighter. Dunno, too silent to find out.

Adramé seems to be OK and no problem to work with.

There is something more between the pilot and the doc... I'll keep an eye on that.

But no real problems from my point of view... But maybe Troy woud disagree from her point of view...

Ronin
26 July 2004, 06:03 PM
Frowning at the lack of response from the droids, Tatsu turn back to his flesh and blood comrades.
"Does anyone remember themself or their safehouse being watched over the last few days? Any suspicious activity....even within your own cells? My cell leader managed to say that someone must have sold us out, just before the safehouse was hit. If there was a traitor in my cell, that could account for it being taken down, but we had no connection with any of your cells, to the best of my knowledge..."

red5_5
28 July 2004, 11:15 AM
"Ok, here goes another card. Everybody be ready." Adramé takes the door data card, slips it into the second slot, flips the switch, and waits for results. She holds the Rebel card in her hand, ready to put it in.

Vanger Chevane
28 July 2004, 02:15 PM
As you flip the third switch, all 4 lights blink red and the 3 inserted cards are ejected to clatter onto the floor.

The BLL gives off a >Whirrr-chop-chop-chop-chop-THUNK< and the warehouse is plunged into darkness and silence.

red5_5
28 July 2004, 05:03 PM
"Oh! Well that's not good!" Adramé sighs as she picks up the data cards. "I guess that the rebel card should have gone before the door. I'll put the first two in the same and try the rebel card next." She puts the light bulb card in and flips the switch, and waits for the lights to come back on before putting the other cards in.

Ronin
3 August 2004, 04:26 PM
"Hmmm...rather disappointing. Take heart Adrame, we know half the sequence, we'll have this place up and running in no time."

While waiting for the lights to come back on, Tatsu meditates on the past few days, trying to recall details of his cell's movements and actions...

Dr_Worm
3 August 2004, 04:34 PM
In a dry voice Troykaw declares, "The force giveth, and the force taketh away. This must be the nightime of our discontent"

darth_wyld
3 August 2004, 11:21 PM
Seth stares at the outline of Troykaw, nearly invisible in the darkness. He raises a brow and begins to smirk...
"Addendum to file Troykaw - Set occupation to poet."

Ronin
4 August 2004, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by darth_wyld
Seth stares at the outline of Troykaw, nearly invisible in the darkness. He raises a brow and begins to smirk...
"Addendum to file Troykaw - Set occupation to poet."

That even elicits a laugh from Tatsu...
"A poet (nods toward Troy), a historian (nods at Savan) and a painter (hooks at thumb at his own chest), the Alliance must be getting desperate."

Dr_Worm
4 August 2004, 09:01 AM
"It's the war," Troy said somwhat distantly, "dark times breed dark souls for those that cannot find beauty where they stand. A rebel chaplain told me that once. He was hidding out on Tatooine once and I was crashing with him before moving on to another safe house. He lived in the ugliest part of Mos Espa; a place where muder happend so often that even the most compassionate got immune to seeing mutilated bodies on the street. The weather on Tatooine is bad, but it was made worse by the Dewback rendering plant next door. A thick reek of moist death hung in the air at all hours of the day."

"I was only there for mabey a standard week, but it was killing me as sure as the Empire. Most of the time I was either too depressed to move of so enraged that I was ready to kill the first man that looked at me. The chaplain, on the other hand, always seemed to be in a pleasant mood; which of course pissed me off more. "

"After a couple days I noticed he would dissapear to the back of the house three timse a day like clock-work. At first I figured it was some sort of religious requirement, but after a while I got curious. I suppose I could have just asked him, but it is just in my nature to be sneaky I guess. So I followed him."

"The Chaplain walked out the back of the multi unit dwelling and in to a shed. Inside the shed was a trap door that led to a tunnel. You can imagine that my interest was piqued at this point. Now I expected to find some kind of Rebel Comm room or something, but the tunnel led to an offal yard. It came out in what could pervertedly be called a courtyard among the offal. It was a small clearing that, if anything, smelled worse than the rest of the district. In this clearing, however, surrounded by towering piles of death and the force knows what, was an oasis. It was one of those moments where you catch your breath and stand perfectly silent because you are afraid anything could ruin it. "

"Where I expected to find barren ground I saw lush green and orange grass. Lunging from the grass were tall flowers, the kind you see in expensive green houses. It was a sea of color and life. In the center were five stones set like a pentagon. The Chaplain was sitting cross legged on one of the stones staring at the life around him. He did not seem to notice me at first, but soon said 'I was wondering how long it wold take you to follow me here.'"

"When I asked him about it he told me that he had been a gardener in an Abby on Coruscant. When he got stationed on Tatooine he got depressed like everyone else. One night after imbibing some fairly horrible wine he blacked out. He woke up the next morning with a horrible headache with no knowledge of how he had gottne in the middle of an offal pile with no path out. Before he could get up the courage to climb out, though, he saw that there were smal purple flowers growing in the middle of the clearing. He was floored, but his faith served him well."

"I asked the Chaplain how all of this got here, and he said 'The Creator put it here. There I was in the deepest dispare of my life and The Creator saw fit to show me his glory. The Creator showed me that even in the most ugly of places her beauty shows through if you know where to look for it. Now, child, I don't know how much you believe in The Creator and her glory, but I can tell you that dark times breed dark souls for those that cannot find beauty where they stand. It makes my days that much more enjoyable to tend her garden and watch it flourish'"

"I am not much of person of faith, but I know beauty when I see it. I helped him in his garden for the few more days I was there. It never gave me the same level of peace it gave him, but it was better than drinking the day away in a cantina."

darth_wyld
4 August 2004, 09:48 AM
Seth stares for a second, slackjawed. Then his face turns somber...

"I understand. It's much to easy in these times to forget the reason we do this. I know the depression you talk about and it's harder than a batallion of stormtroopers to fight. You need something to hold on to."

His looks at something very distant only he can see... then he shakes his head, a smirk reappears on his face.

"Well, how about this droid-chip-riddle-thingy?"

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
4 August 2004, 03:39 PM
The same things happen again - the lights turn on, the BLL droid fires up it's systems... Two cards remain to be inserted into the slots...

(go ahead, put both in ;) )

red5_5
4 August 2004, 03:44 PM
Adramé takes the Rebel card, slips it into the third slot, and flips the switch. Without waiting for results, she takes the door card, slips it into the last slot, and flips the switch. "I hope this works," Adramé says aloud.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
4 August 2004, 04:27 PM
First, a happy sounding confirmation tweedle-beep sounds as soon as the switch for the rebel card is slotted and switch flipped. The 3rd light glows bright green...

The second card.... inserting it and flipping the switch, the light goes green, for a set of 4 lit across the board... Almost instantaneously, the metal on metal sounding clanks of heavy gears & chains start echoing loudly, distantly throughout the wharehouse, stoping with a resounding final >clank!<

The motionless ASP suddenly comes to life, turns itself around and starts walking towards the rear of the wharehouse, almost comically as it stops short of a stack of crates wall, then turns left or right at random...

Painstakingly taking its time, for what seemed the longest 25min of anyone's life, the ASP finally rounds one more corner, taking it to the rear rightmost corner... Along the cieling high wall of old comercial grade transportation containers, which was a makeshift wall... A heavy solid wall panel was raised upwards, revealing a heavy looking blast-door inset several inches within the frame with a pull-handle...

...hidden door... (http://members.shaw.ca/rpg1.jadesfire/RG2/locations/gm_floor_door.gif)

Dr_Worm
4 August 2004, 04:28 PM
As adrame drops the two cards in to place Trokaw suddenly shouts, "Aunt! Sonofa...how could I been so golram dense?" As the others whip their heads around to look at her in shock, Troy chuckles a bit. "Oh, sorry. I just realized where I heard of our Aunt. I don't know much, but from what I do know we can expect a bumpy and cloudy ride."

Troy is interrupted from giving further information as the last of the switched are tripped. She watches in prepared silence with the others as the droid locates the hidden door, and shakes her head. "Bumpy and cloudy...kinda like this."

red5_5
4 August 2004, 04:37 PM
Adramé smiles broadly when the ASP begins moving. "Well, looks like we've finally figured this puzzle out! I wonder what is in store for us next?" She climbs down the BLL droid slowly, making sure not to fall. When Adramé gets down, she goes over to the group and asks, "Shall we follow the droid or do we want to get to know each other some more?"

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
4 August 2004, 04:38 PM
...office... (http://members.shaw.ca/rpg1.jadesfire/RG2/locations/gm_floor_office.gif)

Testing the handle, it twists, a small lock release mechanism clicks, the door easily but heavily swings out on sturdy hinges... A short hallway is revealed, the floor looking not quite flush with the walls... It opens to a small cheap looking office, several lockers, counter, chair, "L shaped" desk with something out of the ordinary: two small cubes with lenses sitting attop a fair sized metalic briefcase, connected by wires...

:edit: bure sure to check back a page to post #209!

Dr_Worm
4 August 2004, 04:48 PM
"Shall we follow the droid or do we want to get to know each other some more?"

"Eh...talk is cheap." Taking point Trokaw follows the droid and gazes in at the office. She is immediatly drawn to the cubes, who's lenses remind her up the lense on the faux TD. "Hmmm...looks like only the right person can open the briefe case. It's probably best not to force it. Tat, why don't you check out those lockers while we see if one of us can open the case."

OOC: Inspecting the cubes and the case.

Ronin
4 August 2004, 05:48 PM
Thoughs of meditating on the past gone...Tatsu listens intently to Troy's story...revealing a side of his Twi'lek companion he was starting to suspect didn't exist.
With all the sudden activity and the puzzle solved, he grabs his things and follows Adrame and Troy to the office.

He nods at Troy's suggestion, and heads over to the lockers, listening at each, checking them thoroughly and gently knocking before trying the door of each...

darth_wyld
4 August 2004, 11:30 PM
"Oh, sorry. I just realized where I heard of our Aunt. I don't know much, but from what I do know we can expect a bumpy and cloudy ride."


"What do you mean? I heard of her from the back of a sabbac card..."


"Eh...talk is cheap."
"I wouldn't put it that way but maybe when this lumbering oaf of a droid has made some progress through this maze and we don't die of old age we'll find a better place to talk than this."

"By the way, Tatsu... regarding suspects from my cell, I've been here for two weeks, I just established contact with my former cell. So there's not much I've seen."

Dr_Worm
5 August 2004, 10:20 AM
"Well I got the heads up about the meet from a datacard," Troy said abasently as she examined the cube, "but an old spec-ops guy I used to know told me about our Aunt. Actaully he told me about Aunt's in general. It is a Spec-ops acronym, though he was not sure what it stood for. A.U.N.T.'s are really shadowy figures pretty high up in intel. They are extraction experts and cleaners from time to time, but their specialty is shadow operations. Really hush, hush. The thing is that this guy told me that they tend to dole out the information on a very piecemeal bassis. You never know the whole op, just what they hand to you, and even that usually takes some decyphering."

red5_5
5 August 2004, 12:36 PM
After listening to Troy's description of their 'aunt', Adramé says, "Well, that sure does sound like our 'aunt'. Seems to really like the puzzles. I wonder how many we have to solve before finally meeting this 'aunt' of ours." Adramé goes and sits down in the office chair and continues talking, "I've never heard of the A.U.N.T. organization before, must be pretty secretive, or I haven't been around the Alliance long enough to hear about it. Well I guess our next puzzle is in here some where." She turns to the desk and begins to search through it.

red5_5
10 August 2004, 10:55 AM
While searching the desk, Adramé says, "Well, I know quite a bit about all of you, but I haven't offered anything about myself yet. Here is my brief story. My full name is Adramé Morituri, and I was born and raised here on Ralltir. When I was younger, I used to be a swoop racer, then I left the planet to work as first-mate on the frieghter Glittering Serpent. The owner of the Serpent, Noval Tuspin, taught me how to fly starships. Then after a couple years working for Noval, I decided to join the Rebels. I've been transporting goods for the Rebellion and have just recently been stationed here on Ralltir. So, I guess that leads me up to now." Adramé continues searching the desk, ready to answer any questions the others might have about her past.

Ronin
10 August 2004, 04:06 PM
"So, Adrame, you have a ship? That could be useful if we do need to evacuate from Ralltir, though I'd rather not give up on this place yet. I've done too much running from the Empire..."
He doesn't elaborate.
"You were working in a cell? Any suspicious activity prior to the Empire's sudden strike? How about your cells Troy, Savan, Kiry, Kyle?"

red5_5
10 August 2004, 04:21 PM
"So, Adrame, you have a ship? That could be useful if we do need to evacuate from Ralltir, though I'd rather not give up on this place yet. I've done too much running from the Empire..."

"Sorry, but I don't have a ship of my own. I'd love to have one, but all I've got is that old swoop out there," Adramé replies to Tatsu, then continues, "So you're on the run from the Empire, looks like we're all in the same boat with you. But, to answer your last question, I wasn't near my cell at the time of the attack. I was at home working on my swoop bike. I'll have to think back and see if I can come up with anything for you."

Ronin
10 August 2004, 04:32 PM
"Yeah, my homeworld's pretty remote...no one cared much about it and no one bothered visiting until the end of the Clone Wars...a pair of Jedi fled to my planet, seeking to avoid the Empire's purges. My homeworld has a dense asteroid belt, so thick that the land beneath it gets no light. We call it the Shadowlands. Nothing grows there. The Jedi's ship crashed there. They barely made it out of the Shadowlands and to my father's land. He promised to shelter these mystics from the stars if they would tutor our clan's monks. The Jedi agreed."
"Some years later an Imperial Inquisitor tracked the Jedi to my world. While my father hid the Jedi in the Shadowlands, my traitorous uncle struck a deal with the Empire: the Jedi for aid in conquering the other clans of my world. My father was publicly executed alongside the two Jedi while my uncle became an Imperial puppet...and my planet fueled the Imperial war machine. My beautiful homeland was scoured."
"Live is sacred on my world. None may take life except monks, lest they risk eternal damnation. But eventually the people rebelled against the offworlders ravaging their world. But a spear in the hands of a farmer is no good against a Stormtrooper's blaster."
"I put an end to my uncle's treachery. I took his head and killed the Imperial governor. My world is not free, but I will return."
He then hammers his fist into the nearest locker.

Closing his eyes, he takes a deep, calming breath.

red5_5
10 August 2004, 04:43 PM
Wow, that is some bad situation. It must have been a rough time on that planet. Adramé turns to Tatsu and says, "I've never been through anything like that, but I know how you feel. The Imperials rule with an iron fist, no planet can escape their tortures. Even here, a core world, the Empire still commits grave crimes against the common man. There is no freedom. Before my life ends I want to see peace and unity brought back to the galaxy. I've always liked the stories my parents told me about the Old Republic, and I want to see it restored. I'm sure that the Rebel Alliance will do everything in its power to free my homeworld and yours, but it won't come quickly. But I'll be with the Alliance all the way. If I can do anything to help you in your quest to free your people, just let me know."

darth_wyld
11 August 2004, 04:16 AM
Seth's face is somber...

"The Empire loves to kick people into the unmentionables... but some get up again and want the kicking to stop... I guess that's why this unlikely combination of people found it's way here."

"By the way, I was away from my cell, too when they struck but I had some dark suited goons breathing down my neck. I lost them by using the back exit and blending with the crowd..."

Ronin
11 August 2004, 05:59 AM
Tatsu sighs..."I've heard nothing from my world in years...officially it's now an Imperial Supply world...feeding the Imperial war machine. I sorely miss it...but the time to return is not yet...not yet."

He shakes his head.

His eyes come up clear and calm, he looks to Seth.
"Dark suited goons?"
Turning to face Troy, he raises an eyebrow,
"ISB?"

darth_wyld
11 August 2004, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by Ronin
His eyes come up clear and calm, he looks to Seth.
"Dark suited goons?"
Turning to face Troy, he raises an eyebrow,
"ISB?"

"Maybe. Four guys in the cantina, wearing conspicously inconspicuous overcoats. Some guy in the cantina slipped me the hint and the card from auntie. I stayed for another round and left through the back door. One was outside at a holobooth, two were watching the street. I switched to 'stealth' and lost them in the crowd. Stopped at a few vendors to check for followers. But if so many cells are busted at the same moment... it reeks of ISB..."

Ronin
11 August 2004, 07:03 AM
Tatsu frowns; "This bar...are you a regular there? Does it have any known allegiances? You didn't recognise the guy who tipped you off?"

"ISB sent agents to follow you, while the stormtroopers took down yours and everyone else's cells...so...they knew you weren't at your safehouse...and had at least four agents tracking you. This is scarily efficient...even for the ISB..."

Ris
11 August 2004, 07:46 AM
Kiry is roused by Kyle's shifting & then the continued conversation. She starts to pull away from the pilot, then shrinks back against him, trembling, as their topic sinks in.
"You cold? There's an extra blanket," he reminds her, with a wink. As Kiry gets the light cover & wraps it around her shoulders, Kyle begins to speak. "I was given a code cylinder with contact information & recognition passwords for a couple of cells in case I did get shot down--which happened. It included Auntie's invite. How it got in there, I don't know. I don't have it any longer--thought it was too dangerous to keep on me--so I memorized the info & destroyed it. We tried to get to the cells, but there weren't any cells by the time I was well enough to travel. So we decided to take a chance on our Aunt's hospitality."

Ronin
11 August 2004, 07:56 AM
"What exactly happened to you? You own cell's been wiped out too?...this is not a good day for the Alliance on Ralltir..."

"Kiry, Troy, what happened when your cells were hit? Anyone clearly tailing you?"

"I was out in the woods a few klicks from the city. Got a commcall from my cell-leader, she said we'd been sold out...then the signal was shut-off and I head an explosion from the city at the same time. When I got back I spotted Savan here, and he'd recovered an old toy that had been thrown from the blast. That toy belonged to my cell-leader...in it we found Auntie's invite..."

(OOC: I'll shut up and head off to bed...and give someone else a chance to speak! ;) )

Ris
11 August 2004, 08:29 AM
"Kiry, Troy, what happened when your cells were hit? Anyone clearly tailing you?"

"No idea, they--it, it happend before we got there. Didn't try any others. We heard about the second when we risked stopping at that little place to get a bite to eat. Kyle didn't want to, but he needed something to eat badly & couldn't keep down the emergency rations. So I insisted. They had the news on there." She sounded guilty about the stop.
Kyle patted her hand. "I told ya, Doc, it's a good thing you sweet-talked me into the meal. Otherwise, we'd've been heading to one of those vaped cells. And that could've been bad. ISB likes to watch places after they've hit 'em. See who shows up later & either tail them or arrest them on the assumption that they must be Rebels who either didn't get the word or were sent in to extract any incriminating items that escaped the blast."

darth_wyld
11 August 2004, 08:49 AM
"Nah, i was no regular. I was looking for a place to become regular in. When the news about the bust came on the holo I panicked a little. Those goons looked at me but the guy who tipped me off covered my back. He and a bartender there seem to be on our side. He shoved a few shifter cards into my pocket, on one of them the message from auntie. Those outside were looking for someone but they didn't see me."

Dr_Worm
11 August 2004, 09:45 AM
"My cell?" Troy said almost flipantly, "Pretty simple actually. We had a small place over market street, really too small for 5 people and their gear. The place was right by an open refuse pit, so the stench was pretty bad. I heard the first reports of the cells being busted while I was alone in the apartment. I waited, wondering what to do. I had no other contacts on this rock, but after 24 hours of no one reporting in I packed up my gear and left. Someone in a tourist hole made the blind-pass, giving me a data-card, and it led me here."

Troy sighed, "I imagine that the rest of the cell was captured, but I just wish I knew for sure. I guess I should just be grateful that I am here and free, for the moment."

Ronin
11 August 2004, 06:07 PM
Tatsu nods as he takes in everyone's stories. It was looking pretty grim. Better keep everyone occupied and keep their spirits up.

"Okay. Lets get this office searched and find out whatever Auntie wants us to know."

(OOC: I'm checking the lockers, Adrame the desk and Troy the case/lense-boxes, right?)

"Am I not the only one that thinks there might be more hidden in this warehouse? Our metallic companions weren't particularly conversational..."

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
11 August 2004, 10:35 PM
When Tatsu slammed the one locker door, it didn't sound quite right... Checking through the rest of the lockers reveals general janitorial and maintinance & supplies & uniforms, and the usual variety supplies... One of the lockers also reveals a commode...

Checking through the desk drawers reveals typical stationary. Nothing out of the ordinary...

From within that now dented locker, comes the sound a few light crashes and of a thin sheet of metal hitting a hard floor...

Ronin
12 August 2004, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by Terras Jadeonar &amp; Raven
When Tatsu slammed the one locker door, it didn't sound quite right...

From within that now dented locker, comes the sound a few light crashes and of a thin sheet of metal hitting a hard floor...

"Whoops," mutters Tatsu.

He hands the commcode to Seth and turns back to the dented locker.

"Would someone care to cover me with a firearm of some description, while I see what's behind door number one?"...

Tatsu waits until the others are in postion (motioning them away from the doorway incase there's a grenade in it...it wouldn't be the first time now would it?!) then opens the door, using the door to shield himself.

red5_5
12 August 2004, 04:24 PM
"Would someone care to cover me with a firearm of some description, while I see what's behind door number one?"...

"I got you covered," Adramé says. She stands up, finished with the desk, and pulls her blaster pistol out of its holster. Aiming at the locker door, she nods her readiness to Tatsu.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
14 August 2004, 07:33 PM
The locker door is opened... At a low sloped angle, a metalic set of stairs can be seen anglign upwards to the left... A soft ray of light creates shadows within the stairwell...

Map Update: Stairs (http://members.shaw.ca/rpg1.jadesfire/RG2/locations/gm_floor_stairs.gif)

Climbing cautiosly up the stairs reveals a windowless suite, with various types of real wood wall paneling...

Map Update: Suite (http://members.shaw.ca/rpg1.jadesfire/RG2/locations/gm_floor_suite.gif)

1. "You see a military-grade holoprojector between 4 couches arranged in a square. One is a maroon nerf-hide, another a blond Nerf-wool, the 3rd a green Ottegan silk, the fourth one fur with stripped animal patterning in three tone golden-brown, light tan & black. all atop a powder-blue Ultrashag carpet.

2. The bedrooms were large sturdy ceiling hight cubicals - sliding locking doors, spacious cloths lockers, bunk beds, a small desk & chair. The pillows and blankets were a mix-match of high-fashion items. There were various power outlets, indicating for a variety use of equipment and hookups.

3. The kitchen cabinets are of at least 5 differing styles & 3 separate real woods. Everything is decidely plush and very expensive but put together with no apparent rhyme nor reason.

They contained packaged/ canned non perishables, mixed fine china & silverware, and a variety of wine glasses, coffee cups and beverage mugs. The Designer sink & faucets were polished gold, The cooking unit an actual plasma grill/range common from most restaurants. The countertop wis pure white'ish-brown marble.

The kitchen table is from an office boardroom, and the chairs are a mix of high-back executive nerf-leather, and upscale house chairs, even a bar-stool.

There are two large storage units on each end of the counter, both powered, cieling height and large enough to be walk-in closets. One is a fridge with racks, and empty. The other was a freezer, containing various store-bought foods (icecreams, pizzas, fries) & variety veggies, and brown boxes of various choice cut meats labeled as Bantha, Nerf, etc. and an equally impressive choice of poulty & seafood selections...

4. upon the floor, was a sizable rectangualar section of expensive hard-wood flooring thats standard in dance halls. Next to it, various small gym lockers, shevles and benches filled with training gear & personal excersize equipment. There were even a few nerf-hide balls and two high wall mounted hoops.

5. Refresher. An oval stone pedestal sink, metal toilet, and a fresh water shower stall with a designer duraglass walls & hinge door. Tiled floor and walls.

6. Tools & repair desk. This "elbow" shaped desk is cluttered with various types of tools thats suited to both mechanical and electronic servicing in nature.

7. Large "Packaderm" storage lockers cieling hieght, same size as in the kitchen - large enough to be walk-in closets. Most of the lockers reveal various gear and equipment. Some of it brand new, most of it slightly used, some was still in the shipping boxes with Imperial routing labels.


datapad - 3
blank datacards - 24
Comlink - 12
Macrobinoculars - 2
Tool kit - 3
Security kit - 2
Laser Welder - 2
Fusion Cutters - 2
Duffle Bags (empty, folded) - 8

Light padded armor - 2
Medium Armor - 2
Tracker Utility Vests - 2
cammo ponchos - 4
All-Temperature cloak - 2
Breath Mask - 8
Utility Belts - 4
Bindercuffs - 2

Spike Grappling Launcher - 4
Liquid cable dispenser - 4
Synthrope coils (20m) - 3
water jug filer - 3
knife - 6
Luma Flares w/ flare gun - 2 boxes (24 count)
Distress Beacons - 4
AH&H Dura Shelter - 1
AH&H Ration Packs - 4 boxes (96 count)

power packs - 2 boxes (24 count), full charge.
energy cells - 24
smoke grenades - 2 boxes (24 count)
frag grenades - 2 boxes (24 count)
Thermal Detonators - 1 box (6 count)
Blastech Powerpack rechargers - 2
Blastech Blaster Repair Kit - 1

e-11 carbines - 1 crate, unopened (5 count)
Blaster pistols - 7
Blaster Carbins - 3
AR-1 rifle - 1
Grenade Launcher - 2

med packs - 8
several liters / canisters of bacta
shock cloth - 3
Biotech fastflesh - 8
Chiewab Amalgamated ECM-59B Medical Backpack - 2
Medical Kit - 2
Akatham II Med Unit - 2
BioTech RFX/K MediSensor - 1
Field Cauterizer - 2
Synthtech MDS-50 - 2
Portable field power generator backpack - 2
Box of Hypos
Box of syringes
12 variety boxes of medecine bottles
Boxes of surgical gloves
Box of empty sterilized vials
4 veriety Boxes of pills


8. Shooting Range. Sevral stalls with various target field options - pop-up, sliding, cutouts in various imp & civilain styles, and the old fashioned ones with marked paint zones, and various other types with score tracker.

The only way you can think of to describe the decor/design is "Cosmopolitan Jawa."

red5_5
14 August 2004, 07:52 PM
Adramé lowers her pistol and says, "Well, looks like we found our next clue. I'll go up the stairs, cover me." With her pistol still in hand, Adramé climbs the stairs. When she reaches the top, she is awed by the sight. Looks like our aunt wants us to stay in style. "Looks like this place is empty, come on up and check it out," Adramé calls down the stairs.

She holsters her pistol and begins walking around the suite. Adramé goes to each door and looks inside. I wonder who put all this stuff in here. It sure doesn't match. When the others get enter the suite, she says, "Whoever put this stuff in here must have robbed a few different places. I wonder if we will finally get to meet our aunt now that we've found this place." Adramé walks over to one of the kitchen tables and sits, waiting for the others to explore the place.

Ronin
15 August 2004, 01:53 AM
Tatsu peers up the staircase then follows Adrame up the stairs, blaster in one hand, knife in the other.

Looking around the upper floor he raises an eyebrow.
"Indeed...Auntie wants us to be well prepared...but for what? Is any of this stuff used? Have the beds been slept in? I'm wondering if this was someone's safehouse, in which case: what happened to them?...this place's location could be being tortured out of them as we speak...but if this is a secure location...then the spirits are with us..."

"Also, that staircase can't be the only way up here...there must be a secondary, emergency exit..."

Tatsu searches the upper floor for signs of use...checking the kettle for heat, cafeen-cup rings on desktops, has the range been used etc.

Ris
17 August 2004, 09:46 AM
(OOC: additional med gear OK'd by TJ. I am going to assume that some of the drugs are packaged for IV administration. )

Kyle and Kiry walk up the stairs, arms around each other. The pilot appears a little stronger & doesn't seem to need the young doc's support as much as he did earlier. But Kiry stays near him.

Once the med gear is found, Kiry begins to go through it eagerly. Kyle, easing himself down nearby, starts to help her inventory it. "Looks like you're on your way to opening that private clinic, angel."
"Well, it's way better than what I had minutes ago--I'm down to basic over-the-counter stuff," she tells him, as she opens her medical bag and begins replenishing it. "I used a lot on you the first couple days & I couldn't get more of most of them." She explains to the others, "They're prescription & a couple are tightly regulated. Even if I'd shown my licenses, they'd probably have refused to dispense them & maybe called the authorities."

She also claimed 1 of the 2 surgery kits. She & Kyle put back all the extra masks, gowns, & gloves. Kyle opened up more boxes, looked inside and shrugged. "You've got all kinds of lab test kits, Kiry. These 2 aren't medical equipment, though--I guess Auntie organizes like she decorates."

Kiry, activating the RFX/K to see if had some of the non-human modules hers lacked, just nodded absently. Then she changed her mind. "Let me see those...Wow, they're sterile field and pressor generators for surgery. I almost didn't recognize them--the ones I've seen are lots bigger, meant for an operating theatre. I guess these are for field surgery, or a mobile surgical hospital."

The trip upstairs and helping go through the gear has obviously used up what strength the snubjock regained. "I think I'd better lie down now," he tells them, his face pale. He sags against Kiry and she has a hard time holding him up.

darth_wyld
17 August 2004, 01:29 PM
"Well, frell me!"

Seth is astounded as he enters the "base of operations".

Walking around and looking he keeps on muttering to himself.

Reaching the freezer he looks at the others... "OK, who's doing the cooking?"

While he walks around and looks at everything he looks for anything special like active survaillance equipment.

Finally he goes over, checking the security kits and puts one of them into his satchel, grinning.

Ris
17 August 2004, 04:44 PM
Kiry, with some assistance from Savan, gets Kyle settled down. She's surprised again at how kind the non-human is to them. After checking the pilot, Kiry returns to the kitchen in time for Seth's arrival. "Kyle's jus ttired, not a relapse, I think" she reports. "I'll run a couple of tests later to make sure, if I've got the right kits."



Reaching the freezer he looks at the others... "OK, who's doing the cooking?"
Kiry, giving Seth what she hopes is a bright smile, joins him at the freezer & looks in. She's still not completely sure about the way things are going & doesn't want anyone to know. Kyle realizes of course, but will every else understand. "I can, while Savan keeps an eye on Kyle. Stew or soup is probably the best medicine for him right now. And the rest of us too." She hesitates, staring at the package in her hands, not sure how to ask. "Uh, is there anything anybody can't eat?" she asks Seth quietly.

darth_wyld
17 August 2004, 11:23 PM
"Uh, is there anything anybody can't eat?" she asks Seth quietly.


Seth looks at her and smiles at her with a nod. Turning his head he says into the room:

"Does anybody have some special food requirements, allergies or dislikes?"

He then looks back to Kiry still smiling and winks.

Ronin
18 August 2004, 06:29 AM
"Anything's good for me, preferably high calory...and preferably cooked. I suggest we stay away from alcohol until we're sure this place is secure,...and we have something to celebrate."
The very though of food makes Tatsu's mouth water, when was the last time he'd eaten? It had been a long day...

(OOC: this is like "24"! Maybe, like Jack Bauer, none of us ever need go to the toilet either!:D)

A though enters Tatsu's mind and he stops searching the rooms...
"Did any of you catch that GHNN newsfeed this morning, the one about the alleged Rebel hits on bacta shipping out of Thyferra? The second report stated that Rebels here in Grallia had hit a local pharmaceuticals lab earlier last month and killed 18 technicians, no survivors...anyone know anything about that? Was that actually us (the Alliance)? No doubt the ISB put their spin on the story..."

Dr_Worm
18 August 2004, 11:35 AM
Carrying the case and cubes in to the new flop room, Troy pipes up, "Wasn't my cell, and we were certinaly well trained for that type of mission. There are probably other infiltration teams on planet though. To answer the other question, I can do wonders with MREs, but I am near useless with real food. I brew a decent pot of Spice Tea, though the fact that it is laced with Spice turns off most people."

Troika takes a seat at the kitchen table and sets the case on it. She looks in to the lenses on the off chance that they are retnal scanners. "I'm stumped guys, I have never seen anything like this, perhaps the droids can help us. My guess is that this is another holo projector, but that is just a guess."

Ris
20 August 2004, 12:31 PM
"I think I can manage to cook us up a decent meal, then," Kiry responds. "It won't be mistaken for 5-star fare, but with ingredients like this, it'll pass for 3 at worst," she tells Seth and Tatsu, smiling slightly at Seth's wink.

As she begins making a thick meat soup--poultry, sausage & seafood--with plenty of vegetables, she listens to whatever discussion there is about the lab, mulling over what she hears & comparing it to what she's heard before. This new topic has renewed her worries. Kiry wonders if she can somehow talk to Kyle in private, find out his take on this. Maybe when she runs those tests...

Ronin
22 August 2004, 06:09 PM
"Seth, do you still have that commcode I gave you in the office downstairs? Perhaps it can put us in contact with Auntie...or maybe it has something to do with Troy's lense-boxes."
Tatsu raises an eyebrow and looks across to Troy.
As the smell of cooking hits his nose, Tatsu's stomach growls like a nexu.
"I'd like to relax...but is this place safe? Are we sure it's secure? One thing: I'd better get on the roof with some kind of sheeting and cover up that hole I made...Savan, would you mind assisting me?"

(GMs: what time of day are we at? Any material around I can use to cover that hole? Some tarp or sheet metal...a welding torch...anything?!)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
22 August 2004, 08:26 PM
The time of day is actually evening / night... getting pretty dark out there as the sun diminishes slowly...

There should be some basic tools for that in one of the lockers with the rest of the equipment. sheet metal and supplies? its a wharehouse full of wooden & metal crates that could be ripped / cut apart on the main floor.

It might be a good idea to check out the rest of the suite before climbing back up the roof ;)

Ronin
22 August 2004, 10:52 PM
"Savan, perhaps we should wait until tomorrow...make it look like innocent repairs, rather than blazing a welding torch in the middle of the night," Tatsu comments, "I'll take a good look around while dinner is made..."

(OOC: yeah, cheers Terras. I'm still not comfortable in this place yet anyway.)

Ris
23 August 2004, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Ronin
As the smell of cooking hits his nose, Tatsu's stomach growls like a nexu.
"I'd like to relax...but is this place safe? Are we sure it's secure? One thing: I'd better get on the roof with some kind of sheeting and cover up that hole I made...Savan, would you mind assisting me?"


Kiry is happy that someone seems appreciative of her culinary efforts. She still isn't sure about this Rebel band, but at least they seem friendlier than the personnel at her last post, even if she still feels like an outsider.

For a long moment, she wished she were back with her old wing. She knew the pilots liked her--they'd treated her the way Kyle did now--pilots were pretty much the same. The smile that thought brought to her face faded. She didn't have so many questions then & the answers to what she did have were easier--to come by & to live with. But she wasn't going back, that path was closed. Best forget such thoughts...

"Dinner's served! Mess call! Whatever!" Kiry's voice had more cheer than her heart. She handed Seth & Ronin large bowls of the stew, & asked Seth to pass a third bowl to Troy, touching the man's hand lightly as she did so. She'd also heated up some assorted frozen rolls & put out a savory spread of some sort. She repleid to Ronin's queation about security, "I don't know much about issues like that, but we should have watches or something. Best to pair me with someone who kows more about it, since I don't think Kyle's up to it."

Once everyone was served, Kiry took a tray over for her & Kyle. The pair talked quietly together as they ate. The tones were those of casual but not private or intimate conversation.
Afterwards Kiry ran a few medical tests on her friend & then studied a file on her datapad.

red5_5
23 August 2004, 02:02 PM
Adramé wakes up to the smell of stew. When did I go to sleep? I must be pretty tired if I don't know when. Oh well, at least we have food now. She takes a bowl of stew and thanks Kiry for the meal. Adramé listens to the conversation that she missed out on, then says, "I agree with Kiry, we should have watches, at least until we find out what this place is." She continues eating and listening to the conversation.