PDA

View Full Version : New section in Hyperspace

Korpil
9 February 2004, 07:34 AM
They just put out a new section called Hyperspace Fiction, which will reissue old stories long out of print...

They will start with First Contact, by Timothy Zahn, where he meets his next lieutenant, a person which will later shape the galaxy.

If you care to remember, this piece of fiction was first available for the 1994 Star Wars Adventure Journal #1, and was later reprinted in 1996 for The Best of the Adventure Journal Issues 1-4.

http://www.starwars.com/hyperspace/member/fiction/f20040206/index.html

Vanger Chevane
9 February 2004, 03:51 PM
Umm, Korpil, the link only works if you've paid for a membership in Starwars.com's Hyperspace...

Nova Spice
9 February 2004, 05:41 PM
I really don't like the idea of Hyperspace. While I understand it's purpose, I hate having to fork out cash for inside information. Granted, we wouldn't want spoiler material accessible to everyone, but when LFL starts adding content like the old stories from the Adventure Journal only to Hyperspace Members, I get a little sore over it.

At any rate, thanks for the update Korpil. Wish I had access to these stories!

Korpil
10 February 2004, 05:20 AM
Hmm... sorry, I should had mentioned that the link was for subscribers only...

I paid my membership as soon as it was available, and I was dissapointed only the first week when they forgo any updates...

Since then, I'm satisfied even if I'm not totally impressed...

So far the pictures are great, the production and set diaries were amazing... and they are starting to add little sections like these one. Another I like a lot is "Kessel Mines" where they put special in-depth investigations of some shady areas of SW...

Anyway... I think with the addition of newer sections it will be a better experience, but somehow I have the feeling that when that happens, they'll raise the membership fee..

Deck
10 February 2004, 10:45 AM
I am also not a supporter of this <i>Hyperspace Project</i>. I don't like the current wave of "subscribe and pay sites" rising all over the internet.

And as I can find no better place for this thread, I'll leave it here. :)

Korpil
12 February 2004, 06:21 AM
Yeah, I thought of C&M but since the stories so far have been ambiented on the Rebellion Era...

BTW, yesterday they added Day of the Sepulcral Night, by Jean Rabe. A story about a couple of Weequay on their honeymoon... It was first published on the SW Adventure Journal #13, back on 1997.

http://www.starwars.com/hyperspace/member/fiction/f20040211/index.html

Rogue Janson
12 February 2004, 07:26 AM
Is that story not in Tales from the New Republic?
Or am I thinking about another story involving honeymooning aliens?

Korpil
12 February 2004, 07:28 AM
It was indeed. Tales of the NR re-issued several Adventure Journal stories.

Deck
12 February 2004, 02:12 PM
I can only recommend to everyone to get some copies of WEG's original <i>Adventure Journals</i>. There you'll find these great stories, and you have bought something valuable for the future! :)

Errin Orwain
19 February 2004, 04:03 PM
I also dislike the idea of having to pay for info like this. Haven't they got enough of my money since '77?

Nova Spice
23 February 2004, 01:24 PM
I also dislike the idea of having to pay for info like this. Haven't they got enough of my money since '77?

The beauty of capitalism, my friend. Quality work that lasts and keeps you coming back for more! :D

Errin Orwain
23 February 2004, 05:48 PM
or alienates you and makes you swear never to give them another dime. which I can do since my brother in law works at a theatre I will see EP III free!

mojo1701
24 February 2004, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Errin Orwain

which I can do since my brother in law works at a theatre I will see EP III free!

What a way to stick it to the Man, man!